Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #1741
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Jan-hope you get a nice number on Monday. Enjoy your weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
GM ladies, happy Friday!

Julie~great that you're considering training, it'll totally reshape the body and doing this along hcg? You're going to be one HOT Mama!! WTG!! I've been loving my snacks eating strawberries, my son just ate the last so now I need to buy more. Great summer fruit!

Jen~you did well to get in that many cals today. I keep reading the the wider the spread between cals on UD and DD, the best. I'm going to keep trying to eat very low DD cals, but not going to stress it if one of those days I need more cals. What's on you menu for today's DD? I'm trying the laughing cow cabbage meal today.

Pati~enjoy your off day! Hopefully you had a great DD yesterday. Have fun this weekend on your camping trip!

Deb~love, love that you're doing this 'experiment'. Looking forward to your daily reports.

Gracie~safe travels to you and fam as you all head to the lake again.

I didn't eat all my cals for yesterday's UD either, but I made sure I ate a lot of protein last night for dinner as I've found this helps keep me fuller on DDs. I also realized that after eating the McMuffin for brunch, I was hungry it seemed a lot quicker...like couldn't wait until I ate dinner hungry, so I may not eat that as 'regular' meal. As mentioned to Jen, I'm trying the cabbage meal and it'll total 450 cals, and that's with adding a lot of med shrimp (vs. chicken) and chicken broth. If needed, I have low-fat Hebrew hot dogs at 45 cals/each to add for later or Diet Swiss Miss cocoa at 35 cals...so many varieties. Love it!
I'm just doing the same type of lifting I've always done for now, during P2. I'm afraid to add anything new or challenging until I'm good and stable and (hopefully) DONE with losing . I can't imagine ever being done, but I'd like to!
Sounds like you're getting a good handle on Juddd. It's interesting how each of you is finding your own way to work the plan. Kudos to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
GM lovely ladies! I am so stoked about my DD today now that I have a "real" UD under my belt Feeling full and content so far sipping my coffee. I have a very busy day today at work so I am going to hold off eating as long as I can to make sure to give myself calories to eat tonight as I'm sure DH is going to want to do something for our date night.

Shari-I was reading the JUDDD DD meals yesterday to get some ideas and that cabbage meal looks really good. I will need to go to the grocery store for sure. I like meals to be pretty simple without a lot of thinking involved so that meal looks like it would definitely be easy peasy.

Pati-Hi! How are you doing? I bet you are super excited for your camping trip. Will you be back in time to watch the Final???

Deb-Hope you have a super awesome DD today.

Gracie-Enjoy your weekend!

Jan-Well done with your meal planning! I need to do that better

Here are my July stats to keep myself honest

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD)

Goal for July is 240...I can do this!
So cute that you're excited for your DD! You'll rock it!! Hope the scale rewards you soon!

Deb-you're doing great! That is not bad after an UD! We gain more than at from normal days! KUTGW!!

So, vlcd5 today, and I STS!!?!? I'm not happy, but not much I can do about that. 153.9, again, not even back to my previous round weight or the lowest I hit in P3/4. gonna keep plugging away.
I'm reevaluating the weight lifting. I'm wondering if the stall is from that? I've been doing it for many weeks now and haven't increased the weight or anything. It shouldn't be a problem to keep going with what you were doing before the round?! I've felt like my losses haven't been very good already in this round. I'm gonna think about it more today and see how the weekend goes. Maybe my body isn't ready to lose more weight yet? I don't want to spend 3 long weeks fighting for 3-4 lbs. there are far easier ways to lose a few lbs. hmmm. Maybe it's just grumbling from a stall after 4 days?! But really!! The first week is the best week! We all know that. My chances of dropping any real lbs in weeks 2&3 are pretty slim. To stall so early really stinks! ok, vent over. Feeling better and will forge ahead! I'm not hungry, so that's good. I feel good overall. Also good . Looking for the positives .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 04:01 AM   #1742
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Jan good luck this weekend, sounds like you are doing just fine!!

Julie, I would be just like you and evaluating what I was doing, and going to do. Do what you feel is best for you, but hopefully you are going to see a drop this weekend!!

I am heading out of town for the weekend to my Mom's so will check in when I return.. this mornings weigh in just to keep track is as follows:

Day 1 -- July 9-- 175.8 DD until 6pm
Day 2-- July 10- 174.8 UD until 6pm
Day 3-- July 11 - 175.4 DD until 6pm
Day 4-- July 12- 173.8 UD until 6pm

So this seems to be working for me so far!! Not very quickly, but I do enjoy these types of rotations. I will continue through this week and see where I end up! Have a wonderful weekend all of you!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post

Julie, I would be just like you and evaluating what I was doing, and going to do. Do what you feel is best for you, but hopefully you are going to see a drop this weekend!!

I am heading out of town for the weekend to my Mom's so will check in when I return.. this mornings weigh in just to keep track is as follows:

So this seems to be working for me so far!! Not very quickly, but I do enjoy these types of rotations. I will continue through this week and see where I end up! Have a wonderful weekend all of you!!!
Yes things seems to be working great for you... I'm kinda confused.....do you not eat until 6pm every day or do you stop eating at 6pm every day. Either way it's going good.
Indigo-65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #1744
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great Saturday! Down day it is for me today......kind of looking forward to today because the DD do get a little easier. I know I just have to keep my self busy to keep the munching away.
Have a great day!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #1745

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Yes things seems to be working great for you... I'm kinda confused.....do you not eat until 6pm every day or do you stop eating at 6pm every day. Either way it's going good.
Jan what I'm doing is starting my day at 6pm. If it's a DD I won't eat anything except my 500 calories until the next night at 6pm. Then I will eat after 6 until the next day at 6 when my Up day ends. Confusing? Yes but it works since most of my DD is sleeping. I'm on my phone right now so I'll write more when I get home. Keep up the good work!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 AM   #1746
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Happy Saturday Ladies!!!

So, my strict following calories has worked. I was rewarded with a nice loss, still not under where I started, but I am very pleased to see the scale moving the right way again.

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD)
July 12th- 245.4 (UD)

This is a short post as I am waiting for my GF to pick me up for breakfast. Yesterday, I was able to keep my cals under 500...I was so stoked!

Menu for DD:
B-coffee with cream
L-Vegetable juice
S-String cheese
D-Hebrew nat'l 97% FF Hot dog with mustard, pickles, and 1 laughing cow light cheese wedge and steamed cauliflower. I snacked on this plate of good food for almost 1 hour. Only popping in something if I felt hungry.

This morning I woke up with a burst of energy and no hunger at all. I did go to sleep hungry, but not too bad, just an empty feeling

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #1747
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

It's working great!, hope all is well with your mom and you have a good visit!

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great Saturday! Down day it is for me today......kind of looking forward to today because the DD do get a little easier. I know I just have to keep my self busy to keep the munching away.
Have a great day!
Glad it's getting easier! Hope your weigh in goes great!

Quote:
Happy Saturday Ladies!!!

So, my strict following calories has worked. I was rewarded with a nice loss, still not under where I started, but I am very pleased to see the scale moving the right way again.

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD)
July 12th- 245.4 (UD)

This is a short post as I am waiting for my GF to pick me up for breakfast. Yesterday, I was able to keep my cals under 500...I was so stoked!

Menu for DD:
B-coffee with cream
L-Vegetable juice
S-String cheese
D-Hebrew nat'l 97% FF Hot dog with mustard, pickles, and 1 laughing cow light cheese wedge and steamed cauliflower. I snacked on this plate of good food for almost 1 hour. Only popping in something if I felt hungry.

This morning I woke up with a burst of energy and no hunger at all. I did go to sleep hungry, but not too bad, just an empty feeling
Nice drop!! Great waking up with energy!! good job!

Warning-whine ahead...
Well, vlcd6 for me and I STS again!! 153.9. Really? 2 days in a row in my first week!! That's new, and not good. I've eaten very similarly to previous rounds, exercised as I have been doing, kept my calories to 500ish until yesterday which was 650 to mix it up a bit. Not sure what is going on? I have done enough rounds to know that if I don't lose much in my first week, I won't lose much the next 2 weeks. Truthfully, I could have low carbed my way back to this weight easily this previous week and enjoyed a lot more food! no where near TOM, not hungry so I think my hcg is working fine.

This is around where I stabilized at the end of my last round all through P3/4. Maybe I really made a new set point here? Maybe my body doesn't want to go much lower? I've been really strong and sacrificial this week. Went to a bday party last night with amazing food and had 2 shrimp, nothing else. Amazingly delicious goodies all over the place. And I drank water!!! I deserved a trophy for that!! Or at least a little scale drop. I'm pretty committed and strong, but come on already!!

We're doing dd(11)'s birthday party today, then taking her out to dinner. Lots of pizza, cupcakes and stuff around all day . I'd be stronger with some scale reward under my belt.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #1748
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hi, ladies !

I'm just checking in. I have done well maintaining my weight even though I haven't been clean eating consistently. I weigh 206. My blood sugars have been pretty good but my blood pressure has been really high. My bloodwork is horrible, everything is low, low, low. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, meanwhile all my symptoms came back after I ran out of progesterone. The gyn refused to give me more and told me to go to the ER. That's exactly what I did and they gave me everything I need to make it until Wednesday ! I plan on never going to that gyn again and filing a complaint after my surgery. Let's pray I don't have complications because I am sure they won't give a doggone.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #1749
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitsky
WOE: HCG VLCD
Start Date: May 26
Hey all,

I'm going to have to read about JUDD, I hear lots of people talking about it. I finished my round at an OK # but had a weekend camping trip immediately after my LDW so things have gotten a little out of control. Steak day didn't work too well so now it feels like things are getting out of control and before I pretty much gain all the weight back I need some ideas. I'm going to get back into cycling and I've been walking more so now I just have to get the junk food back out of my life. All that hard work, I don't want it to go down the drain.
I'm going to do a 3 day fruit cleanse, they make me feel soooo good and it's a good start.
Bitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #1750
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies !

I'm just checking in. I have done well maintaining my weight even though I haven't been clean eating consistently. I weigh 206. My blood sugars have been pretty good but my blood pressure has been really high. My bloodwork is horrible, everything is low, low, low. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, meanwhile all my symptoms came back after I ran out of progesterone. The gyn refused to give me more and told me to go to the ER. That's exactly what I did and they gave me everything I need to make it until Wednesday ! I plan on never going to that gyn again and filing a complaint after my surgery. Let's pray I don't have complications because I am sure they won't give a doggone.
I hope your surgery goes well! And definitely find a better gyn. Good for you sticking your weight! Hope the meds get everything else back in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
Hey all,

I'm going to have to read about JUDD, I hear lots of people talking about it. I finished my round at an OK # but had a weekend camping trip immediately after my LDW so things have gotten a little out of control. Steak day didn't work too well so now it feels like things are getting out of control and before I pretty much gain all the weight back I need some ideas. I'm going to get back into cycling and I've been walking more so now I just have to get the junk food back out of my life. All that hard work, I don't want it to go down the drain.
I'm going to do a 3 day fruit cleanse, they make me feel soooo good and it's a good start.
Hope your cleanse goes well! Hang in there! It's hard, but you can do it!

Well, vlcd7 today and I slept late today. That's usually good for a loss! I'm down 0.7, which I know I'd regain by tomorrow morning just waking on time. sigh. I have not cheated at all this whole week!! Seriously! I know how to do a round, and I have been very committed mentally and determined. But, it is not working. I know I could have enjoyed a low carb week and gotten to this weight or even lower, while enjoying a lot of good food and keeping my metabolic rate high.

I'm not quite sure what I will do now. I could keep going for 2 more weeks, but I'm not sure what that would do to my body? Clearly my body is resisting losing weight this way, and I'm not sure continuing my round would be a good idea. I also suspect my mental strength will wain soon. Even last night, not hungry since I ate first, as I was watching my family enjoy their pizza once again, I started thinking, "I'm not losing anyway, why am I suffering?". Well, hardly suffering, but you know what I mean.

I'm researching immunity, and other reasons for a failed round. I don't think my metabolism is tanking, my temp has been 97.2 all week. I am tired more, and ready for bed by 8-9 each day and have had headaches off and on all week (thought it was just detox?). I'm just not losing and fear if I continue to eat low calories I will slow my metabolism down and undo the progress I've made. Maybe it's just too soon and I need more time between my rounds? Just at a loss.

That said, I'm not dosing today. I will research and reevaluate. I'm disappointed. I was really hoping to get down to my new decade, but I think the scale and my body is saying nope.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #1751
Big Yapper!!!!

On the bright side

Even though this round is not going as I'd hoped, I'm celebrating my 11th anniversary since finding Atkins. DANDR truly changed my life. I put a post in the main lobby to celebrate and inspire. I'm inspiring myself and keeping everything in perspective .

Here's a before and after. 100lbs on Atkins, 30 lbs on hcg. Is isn't my highest ever, btw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (40.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #1752
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Julie!!! I'm so sorry you are not losing despite all of the sacrifice you have done this week....do you think it could be a bad batch of HCG...I dunno...I am thinking anyone would lose an incredible amount keeping to 500 calories. I was reading something in the JUDDD threads stating that our bodies adapt and hold onto weight once they figure out what we are doing. I'm not sure I believe that,but as soon as I started creating a major calorie deficit with JUDDD...I am seeing similar losses that others have been seeing. I hope you are able to figure it out or move on
Either way...I support you the whole way
Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #1753
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats! Julie!! You look amazing!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #1754
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Even though this round is not going as I'd hoped, I'm celebrating my 11th anniversary since finding Atkins. DANDR truly changed my life. I put a post in the main lobby to celebrate and inspire. I'm inspiring myself and keeping everything in perspective .

Here's a before and after. 100lbs on Atkins, 30 lbs on hcg. Is isn't my highest ever, btw.
Congratulations Julie!!!! Your journey has been a success!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #1755
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone, I said I was not going to weigh in until Monday but went on and did it today. 209.8 this morning, last weight was 212 so down about 2 pounds is pretty good. UD today and I am looking forward to eating some GF cornbread with some greens.
I woke up with my finger joints stiff so I was trying to figure out what was the culprit because everything I ate was GF. I remember I did taste some spaghetti sauce that I cooked for my hubby and It had some Morningstar crumbles for the ground beef. He is vegan I was but have started eating a little more meat due to the fact that I cannot eat most fake meats.
Have a great Sunday!

BTW Julie you look great. Much younger.

Note to Self
{Take it one day at a time}
{You will have down days, accept them}
{You will have wonderful days, LOVE them}
{Don't worry how long it takes. You have a goal: Don't give up}

Last edited by Indigo-65; 07-13-2014 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #1756

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:

Quote:
Have a great day!
Wow Deb, those numbers are incredible!! This is certainly working for you...I will be totally with you when you reach the 160's!! Hoping you have safe travels and a wonderful visit with mom.

Quote:
Happy Saturday Ladies!!!

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD)
July 12th- 245.4 (UD)

Menu for DD:
B-coffee with cream
L-Vegetable juice
S-String cheese

Congrats Jen on having a PERFECT DD and rewarded with a nice loss!! I've found that it really, really works as long as you have a nice stretch in numbers/cals between DDs and UDs. You will definitely make July's goal!! I think the FF hot dogs are really good and a nice way to get over a hunger hump if needed at only 45 cals...can't beat it. Hoping you had a nice UD yesterday.

Quote:
It's working great!, hope all is well with your mom and you have a good visit!

Glad it's getting easier! Hope your weigh in goes great!

Nice drop!! Great waking up with energy!! good job!

Warning-whine ahead...
Well, vlcd6 for me and I STS again!! 153.9. Really? 2 days in a row in my first week!! That's new, and not good. I've eaten very similarly to previous rounds, exercised as I have been doing, kept my calories to 500ish until yesterday which was 650 to mix it up a bit. Not sure what is going on? I have done enough rounds to know that if I don't lose much in my first week, I won't lose much the next 2 weeks. Truthfully, I could have low carbed my way back to this weight easily this previous week and enjoyed a lot more food! no where near TOM, not hungry so I think my hcg is working fine.

This is around where I stabilized at the end of my last round all through P3/4. Maybe I really made a new set point here? Maybe my body doesn't want to go much lower? I've been really strong and sacrificial this week. Went to a bday party last night with amazing food and had 2 shrimp, nothing else. Amazingly delicious goodies all over the place. And I drank water!!! I deserved a trophy for that!! Or at least a little scale drop. I'm pretty committed and strong, but come on already!!

We're doing dd(11)'s birthday party today, then taking her out to dinner. Lots of pizza, cupcakes and stuff around all day . I'd be stronger with some scale reward under my belt.
So sorry Julie on the scale being a jackass now. It's certainly possible that's your 'set number' but remember, you're constantly losing inches and burning fat regardless what the number is. But I totally understand the frustration after doing so well and it's not reflected the way you'd like. Hopefully today will be better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies !

So good to see you posting again!! I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms returning and that's awful that the gyn wouldn't give you what you needed!! Send you to ER vs. just prescribing you what was already shown to be what you needed until the surgery, really...are you kidding me? I don't blame you for filing a complaint. Job well done on keeping weight low, despite all your suffering. I'll keep you in thought and prayer on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
Hey all,

Hey Bitsky!! So good seeing you again JUDDD is great if you want the liberty of eating whatever you want as long as you eat within your cals for that day. Please come back, and post regularly here.

Yesterday I had a wonderful UD...went to a friend's home and indulged in pizza and my goodness, the best cupcakes! It felt good to do this all guilt-free. Today will be tricky too because I'm going out again, but will make this a MD and get back to regular rotations tomorrow.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #1757

(sorry, I posted yesterday what I'd typed earlier but forgot to submit...and I submitted without checking for newer updates so missed a couple posts)

Congrats Jan! Losing weight while eating whatever you want is wonderful, WTG!! I'm sorry you woke up stiff, hope you feel better today

Jen~glad to see you're having greater losses since figuring out your numbers needed to do this! You're doing awesome!

Julie~I'm so sorry this has been a disappointing round for you thus far. Yes, I think it's a great idea to reevaluate how you feel as it's such a mental WOE. On the other positive note...WOW Look how far you've come!!! You look great and your dedication and commitment over the years has been worth every sacrifice!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #1758
Major LCF Poster!

GM Sexy Ladies!!! Wow, I am feeling so good today and it's an UD! Yeah!! So, my DD was amazing again. I cannot believe I am saying that as I've struggled with DD's in the past and could never get my calories under 500. Yesterday, I finished at 350 calories...yes, you read that right and I'm not at all hungry this morning. I was blessed with a nearly a 3 lbs loss!! I am a believer...such a believer in calorie counting now to get close to those magic numbers. Here are my stats for accountability only

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD) 2200 cals finally got to my UD Cal limit
July 12th- 245.4 (UD) under 500
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 14th- 243.6 (UD)

Old 07-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #1759

Today will be a much needed DD as I ate very, very well both days. As long as I get in 3 good DDs/week, I'm good! My bday is 8/8 and I'm hoping to be around 8-10 lbs lighter by then... My motto should be '8 by 8/8'

ETA: Congrats Jen!! Your numbers are PERFECT and exactly how JUDDD is suppose to work!! Good for you on staying under 500 cals!!

Last edited by shari; 07-14-2014 at 05:42 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:45 AM   #1760
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Shari! I love your motto! You got this and what a wonderful present to yourself

I'm floating on air today. I am planning a very nice UD with loads of protein and my delicious fat! Yummyyyyy
Old 07-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #1761
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GM Sexy Ladies!!! Wow, I am feeling so good today and it's an UD! Yeah!! So, my DD was amazing again. I cannot believe I am saying that as I've struggled with DD's in the past and could never get my calories under 500. Yesterday, I finished at 350 calories...yes, you read that right and I'm not at all hungry this morning. I was blessed with a nearly a 3 lbs loss!! I am a believer...such a believer in calorie counting now to get close to those magic numbers. Here are my stats for accountability only

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 14th- 243.6 (UD)

Jen your numbers looks good! Down days do get easier. WTG!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #1762
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Today will be a much needed DD as I ate very, very well both days. As long as I get in 3 good DDs/week, I'm good! My bday is 8/8 and I'm hoping to be around 8-10 lbs lighter by then... My motto should be '8 by 8/8'
Shari I'm pulling for you and believe you can do it. 8 by 8/8 very good goal!

DD for me and I am looking forward to it. Yesterday I over did it with the GF Mac and Cheese. I t had been a long time since I've made mac and cheese and my daughter (who is almost 16) has been bugging me about making some homemade....I did and I really enjoyed it....a little too much lol, I alos had collard greens and GF cornbread. no meat which my family really don't care much for anyway.
I also got about 60 peaches off my tree so I spent most of the day helping hubby peel and put in freezer bags. I looked in the freezer and I still ave peaches from last year. Got to make a pie soon lol.
Ladies have a great day!

Last edited by Indigo-65; 07-14-2014 at 07:21 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #1763

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning ladies. We ended up staying home this weekend because DS had a baseball tournament. Me, DH, and DS went to a concert on Saturday night. The band is called The Clarks and we love them. They are a native Pittsburgh rock band. It was great!

I've managed to stay on plan except for one meal on Saturday night. We went to the Tilted Kilt for dinner and drinks before the concert. I had a couple wings, a bite of DS's bacon burger, and 2-3 bites of DH's reuben. Not too bad considering all the things I could've eaten. My weight on Friday was down a little bit - since starting THM I'm down about 4 pounds. It's not super fast weight loss but they say we are healing our bodies as well. I can tell a difference in the amount of inflammation I have. I appear less puffy.

Yesterday I had yummy THM pancakes with 0% GY, strawberries, and sugar free syrup. For dinner we went to Burgatory and I had a salad w/ranch and a bunless burger with cheddar, bacon, and avocado - totally on plan! Dinner tonight is going to be parmesan pork chops, broccoli w/butter & cheese, and possibly a mini cheesecake dessert. My breakfast was almonds and 2 slices of cheese. So today seems to be an S day. I may throw an E snack in there between breakfast and dinner, maybe some pancakes around 1:30.

Julie ~ Hope your round is getting better!

Jan ~ Peach pie sounds wonderful!!! I'm drooling thinking about it!

Shari ~ Your 8 by 8/8 goal is totally rocking! I know you'll make it.

Jen ~ Glad JUDDD is treating you well. 350 calorie DD's will definitely get that scale moving down, down, down.

Deb ~ How's your experiment going? Hope you are getting good results.

Sheba ~ Glad you checked in!!! Your weight is fantastic. Hope your surgery goes well. I'll be praying for you!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #1764

Thanks ladies, love the support here.

Gracie~ great weight loss and even better you now have less inflammation! Glad you had a nice weekend, spending time with family

Jan~we're on the same rotations now LOL. DD for me as well...what's on your menu or are you winging it? Nice that you have a peach tree and so many peaches to make peach pie
Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #1765
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi Julie!!! I'm so sorry you are not losing despite all of the sacrifice you have done this week....do you think it could be a bad batch of HCG...I dunno...I am thinking anyone would lose an incredible amount keeping to 500 calories. I was reading something in the JUDDD threads stating that our bodies adapt and hold onto weight once they figure out what we are doing. I'm not sure I believe that,but as soon as I started creating a major calorie deficit with JUDDD...I am seeing similar losses that others have been seeing. I hope you are able to figure it out or move on
Either way...I support you the whole way
Thanks! I'm so glad you're getting the results and have found your groove!! WTG!,
Quote:

Congrats! Julie!! You look amazing!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Congratulations Julie!!!! Your journey has been a success!
Thank you! I'm trying to remember and keep everything in perspective.

Quote:
Good morning everyone, I said I was not going to weigh in until Monday but went on and did it today. 209.8 this morning, last weight was 212 so down about 2 pounds is pretty good. UD today and I am looking forward to eating some GF cornbread with some greens.
I woke up with my finger joints stiff so I was trying to figure out what was the culprit because everything I ate was GF. I remember I did taste some spaghetti sauce that I cooked for my hubby and It had some Morningstar crumbles for the ground beef. He is vegan I was but have started eating a little more meat due to the fact that I cannot eat most fake meats.
Have a great Sunday!

BTW Julie you look great. Much younger.
Great job! Even with some swelling, you're down 2?! WTG!! Thanks!! I feel like a new person!!

Quote:
So sorry Julie on the scale being a jackass now. It's certainly possible that's your 'set number' but remember, you're constantly losing inches and burning fat regardless what the number is. But I totally understand the frustration after doing so well and it's not reflected the way you'd like. Hopefully today will be better...

Yesterday I had a wonderful UD...went to a friend's home and indulged in pizza and my goodness, the best cupcakes! It felt good to do this all guilt-free. Today will be tricky too because I'm going out again, but will make this a MD and get back to regular rotations tomorrow.
Thanks! So cool you can eat, live and enjoy life without worrying!

Quote:
Julie~I'm so sorry this has been a disappointing round for you thus far. Yes, I think it's a great idea to reevaluate how you feel as it's such a mental WOE. On the other positive note...WOW Look how far you've come!!! You look great and your dedication and commitment over the years has been worth every sacrifice!
Thanks! I'm working on keeping it all in perspective!

Quote:

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 14th- 243.6 (UD)

this is so good to hear! So happy for you!! Rocking it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning ladies. We ended up staying home this weekend because DS had a baseball tournament. Me, DH, and DS went to a concert on Saturday night. The band is called The Clarks and we love them. They are a native Pittsburgh rock band. It was great!

I've managed to stay on plan except for one meal on Saturday night. We went to the Tilted Kilt for dinner and drinks before the concert. I had a couple wings, a bite of DS's bacon burger, and 2-3 bites of DH's reuben. Not too bad considering all the things I could've eaten. My weight on Friday was down a little bit - since starting THM I'm down about 4 pounds. It's not super fast weight loss but they say we are healing our bodies as well. I can tell a difference in the amount of inflammation I have. I appear less puffy.

Yesterday I had yummy THM pancakes with 0% GY, strawberries, and sugar free syrup. For dinner we went to Burgatory and I had a salad w/ranch and a bunless burger with cheddar, bacon, and avocado - totally on plan! Dinner tonight is going to be parmesan pork chops, broccoli w/butter & cheese, and possibly a mini cheesecake dessert. My breakfast was almonds and 2 slices of cheese. So today seems to be an S day. I may throw an E snack in there between breakfast and dinner, maybe some pancakes around 1:30.

Julie ~ Hope your round is getting better!

Jan ~ Peach pie sounds wonderful!!! I'm drooling thinking about it!

Shari ~ Your 8 by 8/8 goal is totally rocking! I know you'll make it.

Jen ~ Glad JUDDD is treating you well. 350 calorie DD's will definitely get that scale moving down, down, down.

Deb ~ How's your experiment going? Hope you are getting good results.

Sheba ~ Glad you checked in!!! Your weight is fantastic. Hope your surgery goes well. I'll be praying for you!
Nice weekend and you're doing great!! That's good losing and I like the idea of the healing part too!! KUTGW!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #1766
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm not sure what my body's doing? I didn't dose yesterday, ate more (900 cals, fruit but generally low carb) and am down to 152.8. still not anywhere near where I had hoped to be. I am not sure if I finally lost a lb b/c I ate more and stopped dosing? But a stall for 4 days in the first week? That doesn't give me much hope. Additionally, I've noticed I'm losing a lot of hair lately, which is a sign my thyroid isn't happy with me.

So, I've decided that I'm ending this round early. Not sure you can even call it a round? It seems I've got some underlying issues within my body to resolve. I'll keep eating plenty of calories, keeping it clean and LC, and allow my body more time to rest. I'm also gonna keep the workouts going. I'm not unhappy here, but really would like to be 5 lbs under where I am currently. I hope I'll be able to get there through some other type of eating plan, (you JUDDDers do make it look tempting!) but I'm going to listen to my body and move on. I'll keep my 21 remaining frozen syringes in the freezer for some future round, maybe.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #1767

Quote:
I'm not sure what my body's doing? I didn't dose yesterday, ate more (900 cals, fruit but generally low carb) and am down to 152.8. still not anywhere near where I had hoped to be. I am not sure if I finally lost a lb b/c I ate more and stopped dosing? But a stall for 4 days in the first week? That doesn't give me much hope. Additionally, I've noticed I'm losing a lot of hair lately, which is a sign my thyroid isn't happy with me.

So, I've decided that I'm ending this round early. Not sure you can even call it a round? It seems I've got some underlying issues within my body to resolve. I'll keep eating plenty of calories, keeping it clean and LC, and allow my body more time to rest. I'm also gonna keep the workouts going. I'm not unhappy here, but really would like to be 5 lbs under where I am currently. I hope I'll be able to get there through some other type of eating plan, (you JUDDDers do make it look tempting!) but I'm going to listen to my body and move on. I'll keep my 21 remaining frozen syringes in the freezer for some future round, maybe.
I think you're making a good decision on ending the round. Your body is definitely telling you it's not ready for another round. I experienced the hair loss after my second round of hhcg and I was scared. I started taking a high dose capsule of biotin every day and it eventually stopped. Those 5 pounds can wait!! Take care of you first and then worry about those stupid extra pounds I think you look fantastic right now!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #1768
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I think you're making a good decision on ending the round. Your body is definitely telling you it's not ready for another round. I experienced the hair loss after my second round of hhcg and I was scared. I started taking a high dose capsule of biotin every day and it eventually stopped. Those 5 pounds can wait!! Take care of you first and then worry about those stupid extra pounds I think you look fantastic right now!
Thank you!! I really needed to see an endorsement of this decision right now! I was reconsidering for a brief moment. I really appreciate it!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #1769

Quote:
Thank you!! I really needed to see an endorsement of this decision right now! I was reconsidering for a brief moment. I really appreciate it!
Your health is way more important!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #1770

By the way, I forgot to tell you guys. I am apparently allergic to something in Truvia. I was experiencing flushing of my cheeks, a burning feeling in my palms and bottoms of my feet and really bad gastro side effects. I also felt like I was getting a chest cold. I went to the doctor and they couldn't figure it out but she said it may be an allergy. She asked if I started eating something new or something I'd never had before. Truvia is the only thing I've added every day. So, I took some Allegra and stopped the Truvia and the symptoms are gone!!! I googled it and guess what? Stevia comes from the same plant as ragweed WTH??? And the ethyritol is a sugar alcohol known for causing gastro upset. I'm glad I figured it out but a little peeved that they sell this as NATURAL