Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #1711
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I am doing 6pm to 6pm. So I stopped eating yesterday around 5 actually and have had around 500 cals today, and won't eat again until AFTER 6pm. I am pumped for this, because I don't feel deprived at all.
I think that's really doable....I mean you're spending most of the down day sleeping anyway right? GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #1712
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
I think that's really doable....I mean you're spending most of the down day sleeping anyway right? GOOD FOR YOU!!!
YES!!! haha.. perfect for me.. we shall see what the scale does though..
Old 07-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #1713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Wow...busy board today! I wanted to stop by to see how everyone is doing. Today is a DD for me and boy am I a hungry girl. Unfortunately, I have had some trouble eating today due to my lapband. It feels like I have more restriction with my eating...so weird how day to day the band can change. So far I'm at around 400 calories looking for my next meal

Pati-I know what you mean about Brasil...so sad, but you are right...next time So, are you supporting Germany or Argentina for the final? I love futbol
Deb-Sooooo excited to hear about your experiment. I cannot wait to see your big whoosh tomorrow. It will definitely excite you to keep going.
Shari-How's your DD going? I love all the ideas for DD meals...I wish I could plan better
Julie-You are my hero! So hard to pass up pizza. It's my favorite food group!
Gracie-Come on over and join us JUDDDsters! Heehee
Jan-How's it going?? I tend to not be online much on DD's but wanted to support all that are here. I love y'all.
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 07-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #1714
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Oh okay, thanks for the info! Yes, love you don't mind being a guinea JUDDDer...if it can be done, you'll be able to do it well!

Oh I forgot to mention that yesterday G told me he put a deposit down for us to go a cruise again in April!! I'm so excited as this was definitely a surprise because we're already planning on taking the boys during the summer as a graduation present for my oldest and I'd expected that to be our only cruise next year. Now I have several months to lose this weight slowly as long as I keep with it and now having a target date in mind will definitely help.
how wonderful! A surprise cruise! sweet! You're going to have a great spring and summer look fabulous doing it!

Quote:
Yappy yappersons! Took me a while to read all through your posts today and I loved every one of the

I have been so busy with school and work.

Gracie - you are back!! YAY!! Sounds like you're in a great groove! KUTGW!!!

Deb - OMG!! CONGRATS ON YOUR PROMOTION! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
I will be cheering you on with your experiment. Sounds like you're off to a good start!!!

Shari - I too love having everyone on the same diet. I'm so selfish LOL I'm so happy for Julie tho. Especially reading that she went out to PIZZA AND JUST WATCHED!?!?!?

Julie ^ YOU ARE EXTREMELY FOCUSED! I laud your efforts! MARVELOUS! You are definitely my hero

Jen - That was a sad sad game yesterday. It pains me to speak about it! Oh well....Maybe in 2018? LOL Are you on a down day today or up? (I lost track)

Jan - Sounds like you did extremely well on your first down day. Hope you're enjoying today

As for me....Right now? I feel like I am about to explode out of these jeans! LOL Went to lunch with my dept (boss is retiring ) I am done eating for the day. MY GOODNESS WAS IT GOOD AND DELICIOUS. But I know the scale will be up tomorrow.
I'm making tomorrow a down day. BTW - I forget how eating as much as I did today makes me feel pooy! I am 2 seconds from falling asleep!!! *yawn*

So yesterday was up. Today is up. Tomorrow down.
Friday up. Saturday up and Sunday down (camping weekend. leaving Friday morning and coming back Sunday)

Not in the 180s anymore :P MEH. I don't mind. Next week shall be better

Here we go for July:
June #s (started 199. Goal 190. Last weigh in of the month was 190.5)
July goal is 185

7/1 ~ 193 (down day & much needed! Look at the jump in scale! YIKES!)
7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/3 ~ 191 (down day today)
7/4 ~ 189.5 (up day today) HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!
7/5 ~ 190.5 (down day today)
7/6 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/7 ~ 191.5 (down day today)
7/8 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/9 ~ 190.5 ( up day today - wonky week. working the down days in as much as possible)

Now, where's that damn pillow?!?! LOL

Bye babes
Stuffed? That'll hold you through your dd tomorrow . I hate that feeling and always regret when I get to that point. I was working on the intuitive eating thing there for a while, and much preferred having leftovers . But, there are so many times I've been right there! It sounds like it was yummy, and hopefully digests quickly. You'll be back to your decade soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Wow...busy board today! I wanted to stop by to see how everyone is doing. Today is a DD for me and boy am I a hungry girl. Unfortunately, I have had some trouble eating today due to my lapband. It feels like I have more restriction with my eating...so weird how day to day the band can change. So far I'm at around 400 calories looking for my next meal

Pati-I know what you mean about Brasil...so sad, but you are right...next time So, are you supporting Germany or Argentina for the final? I love futbol
Deb-Sooooo excited to hear about your experiment. I cannot wait to see your big whoosh tomorrow. It will definitely excite you to keep going.
Shari-How's your DD going? I love all the ideas for DD meals...I wish I could plan better
Julie-You are my hero! So hard to pass up pizza. It's my favorite food group!
Gracie-Come on over and join us JUDDDsters! Heehee
Jan-How's it going?? I tend to not be online much on DD's but wanted to support all that are here. I love y'all.
Interesting about the variation in days on the lap band. Hopefully it'll coincide with your dd's! Keep up the good work!

Deb-you'll do great with your IF/Juddd experiment and be living life in Hawaii in not time!

You've got me daydreaming about another vacation...my trip to mn. in August doesn't really count. It'll be pleasant to see family, but not a real vacation. Wish it were a nicer destination, but it's not . Sigh. Still, it'll be nice to go in smaller jeans .

I was pretty hungry again today. I forget it takes a few days to get that appetite suppression. My coffee and hnh didn't last long enough I guess. Had some pickles, GY and strawberries, boars head over salad for lunch, and sautéed chicken breast over lettuce with a few green beans for dinner. Finally satisfied. Hope I'm down to the 140's by Monday! Then it'll be a waiting game to see what else I could lose the last 2 weeks. Usually lucky for 5 lb. 15 total is my norm.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 07-10-2014, 04:43 AM   #1715

Quick morning check in will be back later..

Jen, my woosh is not a normal DD woosh since I did have a meal after 6pm. I am down a pound, which is wonderful at this point. I also do not expect much up and down with this experiment. Overall, my days will be lower than they were and that is my plan.

I will do an UD today but try to keep it to eating before 5 today. Then I will fast (500 cals) until 6 pm tomorrow night Friday. I plan to have one smaller meal after 6 and cut it off until Saturday morning. I think that will work fine for me. I just wanted a bit of something last night, and probably had too much. I will work on this during the coming week! EXCITED!!!!

Julie, that hunger is killer for me!! I hope it goes away today!!.. you will see the 140's very soon!! Can't wait to go to Hawaii!!! I am mentally making my plans now..
Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #1716
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies!! Good morning

I woke up and was hoping for a good loss, but saw a gain. I think I am having waaayyyy too much sodium in my diet and not enough water so I'm going to look at adding more water and less sodium. Yesterday I had some grilled chicken and beef with soy sauce, wonton soup, and 1/2 an egg roll. It was around 800 calories for the whole day. Then I finished off my evening with some exercise. Oh, well, I will remain steady and try harder to get to the calorie deficit JUDDD requires. Today is an UD for me so I will do everything I can to get to my 2200. I'm also ordering some MCT oil online today to help with the DDs. I know that my body is holding onto this weight...time to shake it up.

I'll check in again later
Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #1717
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning loves!!

Jen - Sorry you were having a rough down day yesterday. Hopefully you get those calories up today to where you need them to be so that your down day tomorrow is easy peasy lemon squeezy Don't fret about the lb gain! It is probably only water weight since you had a lil' too much sodium. Get that water in today
BTW - I am now rooting for Argentina to win But not as excited as I would be had it been Brasil

Shari - OMG What a sweetie! He booked a surprise cruise?!?! He's a keeper for sure You know, I've never cruised ever! My DS has. Went with my sister when I was at the tail end of my pregnancy with DD. A cruise or Hawaii are my dream vacations. *sigh* Maybe when I win the lotto! LOL
You have soooo much time to get your body bikini ready I'm so happy for you!!!!

Julie - Sorry you were hungry yesterday. Hopefully the appetite suppression kicks in soon so you can be comfortable You'll do great with the round!!!

Deb - 1 lb loss is 1 lb loss! YAY!!! I'm sooooo happy for you! You know what? I love that you are doing it YOUR way and being satiated. I think that's key to any woe. If you are happy and you can do it longer term, then it's the right one for you
KUTGW!!!

Gracie, Jan and everyone else!

Well, I thought I totally KILLED my weight from all I ate yesterday at lunch! LOL I didn't eat at all after that (I was still full at 10 PM! I couldn't even have my coffee! LOL)
It's almost 10 AM and I still am not hungry I guess I finally "topped" myself! LMAO Honestly I think it was the fact that where we ate is all protein (with a few side and a great salad bar)...I had enough protein to hold me over for quite some time!!!

Today is a down day. I will not be eating til dinner at which point I will have salmon. I LOVE SALMON!!!

Here are my #s:

Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/9 ~ 190.5 ( up day today - wonky week. working the down days in as much as possible)
7/10 ~ 190.5 (down day today)

BTW - Tomorrow we leave for camping during the weekend. I am trying to "plan" eating lighter fare but in all honesty, if it doesn't work out....I'll just clean up my mess next week and carry on

Have a great day my loves
Old 07-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #1718

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Happy Thursday ladies!

Julie~thanks, hun!

Deb~congrats on the loss!! It seems like this may be working for you and doable too. I love that you don't mind being our guinea JUDDDer Today is UD!!

Jen~yes, either that or coconut oil I've read are good ways to get in healthy fat and up the calories. Yesterday was definitely easier for me than the other DDs, for sure. It wasn't totally easy but knowing the difference from last week, I can tell that my body is getting use to it so I'm happy with that. Kudos to you on exercising!! That always can cause some slight gain as well...you're doing marvelous, hun!

Jan~hopefully you enjoyed your UD yesterday. Do you have planned what you're going to eat today for DD?

Pati~I know that feeling of being too stuffed and wanting to sleep. I think doing JUDDD helps us to not want to feel that way over time as we get use to eating to hunger using IE, not eating only to desires. I agree with Deb, enjoy yourself this weekend and start strict rotations again next week.

Gracie~hope you're feeling better and more rested today. It's almost Friday again...YES! Could you share your recipe for THM blueberry pancakes? That sounds delicious for Saturday's breakfast...my next UD.

I was able to keep yesterday's cals to only 446 for the day which I'm super happy about. I used mindful eating to determine if I really was hungry to eat dinner or was I just wanting to eat it because I was 'bored' and know I usually eat around that time. I did not feel bad, lightheaded or have that hunger feeling so I skipped it. I'm rewarded with a pound loss today! I'm going to put the scale away for a week and try to not weigh until next week sometime. My short term goal is to get back into the 170's (still in low 180's )....seems like forever since I've been there! I'm focused and determined, I want to fit into my 10's again by the next cruise. Easy enough for me to do this, even slowly, as long as I stick with it.

Last edited by shari; 07-10-2014 at 09:01 AM..
Old 07-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #1719
Big Yapper!!!!

OH I forgot to add...LOL I was sooo stuffed, I got home. Promised DD a stroll later in the evening and went right to sleep. OUT COLD IN NO TIME! (Food coma?!?!? LOL).
Woke up at 730 PM. Felt horribly tired and had zero desire to dress and go out but I did make the kid a promise so I stuck with it.

We walked from my place to my parents....Well over 3 miles and I felt GREAT after. (just still tired but I think part of it was more like emotional/mentally tired).

I got some exercise in FINALLY!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #1720
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I was able to keep yesterday's cals to only 446 for the day which I'm super happy about. I used mindful eating to determine if I really was hungry to eat dinner or was I just wanting to eat it because I was 'bored' and know I usually eat around that time. I did not feel bad, lightheaded or have that hunger feeling so I skipped it. I'm rewarded with a pound loss today! I'm going to put the scale away for a week and try to not weigh until next week sometime. My short term goal is to get back into the 170's (still in low 180's )....seems like forever since I've been there! I'm focused and determined, I want to fit into my 10's again by the next cruise. Easy enough for me to do this, even slowly, as long as I stick with it.
congrats on the lb loss!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #1721

Wow, Pati that's wonderful!!! No gain on an UD is amazing! Congrats!

thanks about G. One day I'll be brave enough to marry but after going through my last breakup with my ex, I've been sooo scared. When I say I'm working on my mental blocks I don't just mean physical health but I won't get on that soapbox but yes, he is genuinely a good guy and my boys and I love him to pieces.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #1722

thanks Pati

Also, I woke up hungry today and after exercising that didn't subside so now I'm eating my brunch, an egg and sausage mcmuffin from McD's . I'll probably have grilled chicken later as that's what I wanted earlier but I'll see how I feel then. The beauty of an UD...
Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #1723

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hello

Shari ~ the THM pancakes are pretty simple. One cup of old fashioned or steel cut oats (put in blender and grind to a flour), add One cup of egg whites, One cup of low-fat cottage cheese or low-fat GY, vanilla extract, and truvia. This makes 3 servings. I throw them in the skillet with non-stick spray and throw in the blueberries I then use low-fat, sugar-free maple syrup. I also add a side of 0% GY for more protein to keep me full longer.

Deb ~ I'm glad it's working for ya! By no means did I want to dissuade you but I remembered trying it that way and I wasn't losing. My body is so messed up though that nothing seems to work good except hcg Are those little pop cakes THM approved? They look yummy!

Pati ~ I'm thinking you're gonna get a great number tomorrow!!! New low perhaps???

Jen ~ I'm still doing THM but thinking about JUDDD. I really struggle with it though on the weekends. We go to our camp every weekend and it would be near impossible to fast, KWIM?

Jan ~ How's it going today? UD or DD?

Julie ~ Hope you see the 140's next week - wooohooo!!! I'm sure the hunger will stop soon. You can always mess with your dose if it doesn't.

AFM, yesterday was a total E day. I had almost the same for lunch and dinner. I didn't feel like thinking
B: coffee/hwc/truvia
L: turkey sandwich on Ezekiel Bread with 1 slice low-fat mozz, lettuce, tomato, and lite mayo. 0% Greek yogurt w/strawberries
D: turkey sandwich on Ezekiel Bread with 1 slice low-fat mozz, lettuce, tomato, and lite mayo. low-fat cottage cheese.

I need to push water! I've been adding a little bit of Mio to help me. I really have trouble with just plain water.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 07-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #1724
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Quick morning check in will be back later..

Jen, my woosh is not a normal DD woosh since I did have a meal after 6pm. I am down a pound, which is wonderful at this point. I also do not expect much up and down with this experiment. Overall, my days will be lower than they were and that is my plan.

I will do an UD today but try to keep it to eating before 5 today. Then I will fast (500 cals) until 6 pm tomorrow night Friday. I plan to have one smaller meal after 6 and cut it off until Saturday morning. I think that will work fine for me. I just wanted a bit of something last night, and probably had too much. I will work on this during the coming week! EXCITED!!!!

Julie, that hunger is killer for me!! I hope it goes away today!!.. you will see the 140's very soon!! Can't wait to go to Hawaii!!! I am mentally making my plans now.
Already down a lb? Wow! Keep it up lady!! WTG! That plus how sleek your legs will look after all that pedaling! it was better last night, after I really had a lot of salad with WF dressing to fill me up! Hope it's gone today! Hungry when I woke up, but coffee helped so far.

Quote:
Hello ladies!! Good morning.

I woke up and was hoping for a good loss, but saw a gain. I think I am having waaayyyy too much sodium in my diet and not enough water so I'm going to look at adding more water and less sodium. Yesterday I had some grilled chicken and beef with soy sauce, wonton soup, and 1/2 an egg roll. It was around 800 calories for the whole day. Then I finished off my evening with some exercise. Oh, well, I will remain steady and try harder to get to the calorie deficit JUDDD requires. Today is an UD for me so I will do everything I can to get to my 2200. I'm also ordering some MCT oil online today to help with the DDs. I know that my body is holding onto this weight...time to shake it up.

I'll check in again later)
You were up after a dd and then down after an UD, so hang in there. You'll probably be down after tomorrow. Your body is adjusting. I gained from CO . One of the few. Sigh. Others rave about it helping in so many areas. I hope it'll help you especially hit your calories on UDs.

Quote:
Good morning loves!!

Jen - Sorry you were having a rough down day yesterday. Hopefully you get those calories up today to where you need them to be so that your down day tomorrow is easy peasy lemon squeezy Don't fret about the lb gain! It is probably only water weight since you had a lil' too much sodium. Get that water in today
BTW - I am now rooting for Argentina to win But not as excited as I would be had it been Brasil

Shari - OMG What a sweetie! He booked a surprise cruise?!?! He's a keeper for sure You know, I've never cruised ever! My DS has. Went with my sister when I was at the tail end of my pregnancy with DD. A cruise or Hawaii are my dream vacations. *sigh* Maybe when I win the lotto! LOL
You have soooo much time to get your body bikini ready I'm so happy for you!!!!

Julie - Sorry you were hungry yesterday. Hopefully the appetite suppression kicks in soon so you can be comfortable You'll do great with the round!!!

Deb - 1 lb loss is 1 lb loss! YAY!!! I'm sooooo happy for you! You know what? I love that you are doing it YOUR way and being satiated. I think that's key to any woe. If you are happy and you can do it longer term, then it's the right one for you
KUTGW!!!

Gracie, Jan and everyone else!

Well, I thought I totally KILLED my weight from all I ate yesterday at lunch! LOL I didn't eat at all after that (I was still full at 10 PM! I couldn't even have my coffee! LOL)
It's almost 10 AM and I still am not hungry I guess I finally "topped" myself! LMAO Honestly I think it was the fact that where we ate is all protein (with a few side and a great salad bar)...I had enough protein to hold me over for quite some time!!!

Today is a down day. I will not be eating til dinner at which point I will have salmon. I LOVE SALMON!!!

Here are my #s:

Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/10 ~ 190.5 (down day today)

BTW - Tomorrow we leave for camping during the weekend. I am trying to "plan" eating lighter fare but in all honesty, if it doesn't work out....I'll just clean up my mess next week and carry on

Have a great day my loves
That's wonderful!! I can't wait to see your new low tomorrow. I predict 188.5! Juddd really agrees with you! I'm so happy! I love the idea of it, but it doesn't do good things for me. I've given it 2 tries, for 3+ weeks each time, really focusing on it too and no go. I'm assuming my body is too efficient or my metabolsm too slow, but I was struggling mentally the whole time, but was really faithful to the calorie rotations and came out up 3 lbs. it was baffling, and frustrating, so I gave it up. I'm a hard case which is why I tried hcg in the first place. My body does not want to weigh less than 170-175 on it's own. I'm trying to convince it otherwise .

Quote:
Happy Thursday ladies!

Julie~thanks, hun!

Deb~congrats on the loss!! It seems like this may be working for you and doable too. I love that you don't mind being our guinea JUDDDer Today is UD!!

Jen~yes, either that or coconut oil I've read are good ways to get in healthy fat and up the calories. Yesterday was definitely easier for me than the other DDs, for sure. It wasn't totally easy but knowing the difference from last week, I can tell that my body is getting use to it so I'm happy with that. Kudos to you on exercising!! That always can cause some slight gain as well...you're doing marvelous, hun!

Jan~hopefully you enjoyed your UD yesterday. Do you have planned what you're going to eat today for DD?

Pati~I know that feeling of being too stuffed and wanting to sleep. I think doing JUDDD helps us to not want to feel that way over time as we get use to eating to hunger using IE, not eating only to desires. I agree with Deb, enjoy yourself this weekend and start strict rotations again next week.

Gracie~hope you're feeling better and more rested today. It's almost Friday again...YES! Could you share your recipe for THM blueberry pancakes? That sounds delicious for Saturday's breakfast...my next UD.

Wow! That's like textbook Juddd! Stuck your number, rewarded, and off you go!! so nice to see! Focused and determined is excellent!!

Quote:
OH I forgot to add...LOL I was sooo stuffed, I got home. Promised DD a stroll later in the evening and went right to sleep. OUT COLD IN NO TIME! (Food coma?!?!? LOL).
Woke up at 730 PM. Felt horribly tired and had zero desire to dress and go out but I did make the kid a promise so I stuck with it.

We walked from my place to my parents....Well over 3 miles and I felt GREAT after. (just still tired but I think part of it was more like emotional/mentally tired).

I got some exercise in FINALLY!!
Yay! Good job! I love walking, and with your dd too? with a destination? That's the perfect scenario!

Vlcd4. adjusting my mindset. I had the slightly delusional idea that I would drop my loading weight in 2 days. Not happening. Trying not to panic and quit! (Mentally I know if i wasn't doing hcg and just doing low carb and gycds i'd be down where i am with a lot less sacrifice) I have way too high expectations! Adjusting. Trying to get to the gym today, but not sure it'll help. Maybe if I just do cardio?

I'm down to 153.9, I think. My scale jumps all over the place! Down 1.5 from yesterday. That should make me happy . I Would really like to lose 4 more by Monday which should be possible in week 1. I am keeping things pretty LC, only a few strawberries here and there, staying right at 500 cals, adding in more salad greens than I'd done before (helps fill me up) and practicing patience! I usually eat around 600/700 cals a day on previous rounds and wonder if I'd do better up there? Hmmm. Too soon to fiddle around. Wait until the stall comes for that .

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #1725

Pati that is fantastic!!! you got out of your coma and walked!! You are doing just fine, but i agree with you, it was probably food coma! I am trying never to get that full again myself!

I am enjoying this interesting way of eating on day 2. There is something VERY MENTAL about this. Knowing I can have what I want today until 5ish, should make me want to eat and eat.... HOWEVER, just the opposite is happening. I am feeling some hunger, and COULD EAT, but I don't really want to undo yesterday... isn't that wierd? I mean I will eat, and I will eat enough for an UD, but I don't really care if I do.. how strange for me.

Last night, I found myself also questioning whether I should push through my hunger and not have dinner like Shari did, or just eat something because I could... So I did. I did lose a pound, but it makes me wonder how much more it MIGHT have been if I had not?

Anyway, each day will be a learning experience for me, and I will figure out the best way to do this for ME.. Thanks so much ladies for hanging in there with my ramblings..

Shari AWESOME job for you too!! A pound is a pound you are right!!.. I am so happy that you are also learning what you want to do and can do on a daily basis. Proud of all of us!! You know I love being the guinea pig!! Love it!!..

For accountability:

Day 1 -- July 9-- 175.8 DD until 6pm
Day 2-- July 10- 174.8 UD until 6pm
Old 07-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #1726

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Already down a lb? Wow! Keep it up lady!! WTG! That plus how sleek your legs will look after all that pedaling! it was better last night, after I really had a lot of salad with WF dressing to fill me up! Hope it's gone today! Hungry when I woke up, but coffee helped so far.

Vlcd4. adjusting my mindset. I had the slightly delusional idea that I would drop my loading weight in 2 days. Not happening. Trying not to panic and quit! (Mentally I know if i wasn't doing hcg and just doing low carb and gycds i'd be down where i am with a lot less sacrifice) I have way too high expectations! Adjusting. Trying to get to the gym today, but not sure it'll help. Maybe if I just do cardio?

I'm down to 153.9, I think. My scale jumps all over the place! Down 1.5 from yesterday. That should make me happy . I Would really like to lose 4 more by Monday which should be possible in week 1. I am keeping things pretty LC, only a few strawberries here and there, staying right at 500 cals, adding in more salad greens than I'd done before (helps fill me up) and practicing patience! I usually eat around 600/700 cals a day on previous rounds and wonder if I'd do better up there? Hmmm. Too soon to fiddle around. Wait until the stall comes for that .

Have a great day ladies!!
Thanks Julie, l am enjoying this challenge so far!

You are doing great!! remember how much smaller you are this round, and of course it won't just fall off as quickly.. Just keep doing what you are doing, and don't mess with it too much! I think you will hit the 140's by Monday, if you keep on keepin on towards that goal. Don't let anything derail you.. (talking to myself too!)
Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hello

Shari ~ the THM pancakes are pretty simple. One cup of old fashioned or steel cut oats (put in blender and grind to a flour), add One cup of egg whites, One cup of low-fat cottage cheese or low-fat GY, vanilla extract, and truvia. This makes 3 servings. I throw them in the skillet with non-stick spray and throw in the blueberries I then use low-fat, sugar-free maple syrup. I also add a side of 0% GY for more protein to keep me full longer.

Deb ~ I'm glad it's working for ya! By no means did I want to dissuade you but I remembered trying it that way and I wasn't losing. My body is so messed up though that nothing seems to work good except hcg Are those little pop cakes THM approved? They look yummy!

Pati ~ I'm thinking you're gonna get a great number tomorrow!!! New low perhaps???

Jen ~ I'm still doing THM but thinking about JUDDD. I really struggle with it though on the weekends. We go to our camp every weekend and it would be near impossible to fast, KWIM?

Julie ~ Hope you see the 140's next week - wooohooo!!! I'm sure the hunger will stop soon. You can always mess with your dose if it doesn't.

AFM, yesterday was a total E day. I had almost the same for lunch and dinner. I didn't feel like thinking
L: turkey sandwich on Ezekiel Bread with 1 slice low-fat mozz, lettuce, tomato, and lite mayo. 0% Greek yogurt w/strawberries
D: turkey sandwich on Ezekiel Bread with 1 slice low-fat mozz, lettuce, tomato, and lite mayo. low-fat cottage cheese.

I need to push water! I've been adding a little bit of Mio to help me. I really have trouble with just plain water.
hey Gracie!! Nope I don't think the Magic Pop is THM approved because they are made of wheat... but I am eating them on my DD anyway!..

I am definitely not a purist when it comes to the type of product.. maybe I should be, but lets get real, I am not...

Your E day looks MARVELOUS!!! I would eat that anyday!...

I don't really know if this 6pm to 6pm will work in the JUDDD way, but I do know it will have me eating less food, which is my goal anyway... Excited about that at least!!.. You most certainly did not put a damper on it, I am in this with my eyes wide open!..
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #1728

Quote:

You are doing great!! remember how much smaller you are this round, and of course it won't just fall off as quickly.. Just keep doing what you are doing, and don't mess with it too much! I think you will hit the 140's by Monday, if you keep on keepin on towards that goal. Don't let anything derail you.. (talking to myself too!)
I couldn't have said it better, Julie, you'll hit goal very soon!

Thanks Gracie for the recipe, it's very simple and easy. Can't wait to try it. Just a thought, when reading The Fast Diet, he mentioned getting great benefits still from doing other rotations than alternate days, like 5:2 or the better one 4:3, in which you eat regularly either 5 or 4 days a week, then only fast either 2 or 3 days. If you want to give JUDDD a go, maybe you could do the 4:3 fast in which you're only fasting during the week and Sat/Sun you're able to enjoy regular eating with family and friends. I've considered doing this myself if the alternate day becomes too much. I personally would fast M,W,F then use mindful eating the rest of the days....

Deb..you're sooo close to the 160's, wow! You're doing so, so well...keep going!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #1729
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hello

I add crystal light and true lemon to my water bottles. Helps me drink a LOT more!! You're doing fine, hope the scale rewards you!,

Quote:
Pati that is fantastic!!! you got out of your coma and walked!! You are doing just fine, but i agree with you, it was probably food coma! I am trying never to get that full again myself!

I am enjoying this interesting way of eating on day 2. There is something VERY MENTAL about this. Knowing I can have what I want today until 5ish, should make me want to eat and eat.... HOWEVER, just the opposite is happening. I am feeling some hunger, and COULD EAT, but I don't really want to undo yesterday... isn't that wierd? I mean I will eat, and I will eat enough for an UD, but I don't really care if I do.. how strange for me.

Last night, I found myself also questioning whether I should push through my hunger and not have dinner like Shari did, or just eat something because I could... So I did. I did lose a pound, but it makes me wonder how much more it MIGHT have been if I had not?

Anyway, each day will be a learning experience for me, and I will figure out the best way to do this for ME.. Thanks so much ladies for hanging in there with my ramblings..

Shari AWESOME job for you too!! A pound is a pound you are right!!.. I am so happy that you are also learning what you want to do and can do on a daily basis. Proud of all of us!! You know I love being the guinea pig!! Love it!!..

For accountability:

So far so good. Interesting on the hunger and mental fortitude you're already noticing! Good stuff. I like to experiment with hunger-real or head, need to eat or wait it out? Etc. retraining takes time and patience.

Quote:

Thanks! I needed to read that! Great reminder!!! I'm just close enough to this goal that I want to do it quickly!! I'm not even sure how important the scale will be in the long run. But for now I'm trying to get it where I want it to go .

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better, Julie, you'll hit goal very soon!

Thanks Gracie for the recipe, it's very simple and easy. Can't wait to try it. Just a thought, when reading The Fast Diet, he mentioned getting great benefits still from doing other rotations than alternate days, like 5:2 or the better one 4:3, in which you eat regularly either 5 or 4 days a week, then only fast either 2 or 3 days. If you want to give JUDDD a go, maybe you could do the 4:3 fast in which you're only fasting during the week and Sat/Sun you're able to enjoy regular eating with family and friends. I've considered doing this myself if the alternate day becomes too much. I personally would fast M,W,F then use mindful eating the rest of the days....

Deb..you're sooo close to the 160's, wow! You're doing so, so well...keep going!
I toyed with the 4:3 before and several people do 5:2 or even 6:1 for maintenance. Keeps them accountable and in control. I equate that to built in CDs from the hcg plan. I'll likely always have a lower cal GY day in my repertoire!

At dd's PT (in a gym) I did some weight lifting, only about half and hour, and all upper body-not too shabby. Saw this totally ripped beauty lifting right next to me (same lat tower) and told her she inspired me. We got chatting, turns out she used to be really heavy and is now a trainer. We had a LOT in common! I got her number and think once I'm home form MN and hopefully solidly in the 140's and stable, I'll set up a few appointments for an actual training plan. I've read a lot of books but never really worked with a trainer. I hope to be low enough weight wise that my focus can be more on exercise and weight training . I know that won't make me lose weight at all, but I also know it'll completely reshape me! so, now I've got a goal/reward that'll help me reach even higher goals! Yay!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #1730
Major LCF Poster!

Hello and good evening!

I am at 1800 calories and a stuffed turkey I really want this to work better for me so I have prepared myself for the scale jump tomorrow. I'm already dreaming of my DD...I cannot believe I said that, but I'm serious!

Julie-I love the idea of re-shaping and setting new goals for yourself. It must be a very interesting place to be in...you and I weighed around the same at our heaviest. It must be hard to let go of losing weight...Have you tried callenetics? I've been thinking about trying that for the reshaping.

Deb-Hi darlin'! I hope you are enjoying our lil' experiment. How is your UD? Are you tracking calories. I have been reading the UD boards and some ladies do not track their UD calories. Just wondering how you are doing it

Pati-Yeah, I'm supporting Argentina as well. Hola Messi! Plus, the Pope is from Argentina How is your DD...We fell off of the same rotations I understand though with the camping trip. I am the same way...it's impossible to count and have a down day when traveling.

Shari-I really hope I can start to see some of the loses you and Pati are having. I want to have the lowest DD possible tomorrow. I thought with my lapband it would be easy...but gurl, it is not. It's all in the head I'm sure

Gracie-I agree with Shari that if you do want to fast or do a version of 5:2...etc...it is totally doable, but if what you are doing is working and you are happy why change it?

Jan-I hope you are having an awesome day!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #1731
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hello everyone, I know that I am posting on the tail end of the day but I have been super busy! Daughter had basketball practice this morning, then school registration for her. I finally got home but been working on assignments for two online classes I am currently taking.
DD for me and so far just 200 calories in, I have not had time to think of food today and worked out great for me.
I feel myself getting a little hungry now so I have some grilled chicken in the freezer I grilled for my daughter last week I will take 1 grilled tenderloin out and nuke in microwave and have some mixed veggies. I think that will carry me until tomorrow.
Later ladies

Note to Self
{Take it one day at a time}
{You will have down days, accept them}
{You will have wonderful days, LOVE them}
{Don't worry how long it takes. You have a goal: Don't give up}
Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #1732

Quote:
Hello and good evening!

I am at 1800 calories and a stuffed turkey I really want this to work better for me so I have prepared myself for the scale jump tomorrow. I'm already dreaming of my DD...I cannot believe I said that, but I'm serious!

Julie-I love the idea of re-shaping and setting new goals for yourself. It must be a very interesting place to be in...you and I weighed around the same at our heaviest. It must be hard to let go of losing weight...Have you tried callenetics? I've been thinking about trying that for the reshaping.

Deb-Hi darlin'! I hope you are enjoying our lil' experiment. How is your UD? Are you tracking calories. I have been reading the UD boards and some ladies do not track their UD calories. Just wondering how you are doing it

Pati-Yeah, I'm supporting Argentina as well. Hola Messi! Plus, the Pope is from Argentina How is your DD...We fell off of the same rotations I understand though with the camping trip. I am the same way...it's impossible to count and have a down day when traveling.

Shari-I really hope I can start to see some of the loses you and Pati are having. I want to have the lowest DD possible tomorrow. I thought with my lapband it would be easy...but gurl, it is not. It's all in the head I'm sure

Gracie-I agree with Shari that if you do want to fast or do a version of 5:2...etc...it is totally doable, but if what you are doing is working and you are happy why change it?

Hey Jen!!! So you got in 1800 cals today, not bad!... I am not counting cals on my UP day. I am eyeballing it, and trying to get in 2000 cals, not sure I did, but close enough. I just don't like counting every day. I will spot check now and then though.

My UP day went fine! I had a nice steak for lunch, some other proteins and fats. I didn't feel much like sweets or veges today, so I didn't eat them. I will tomorrow on my DD. I am planning my DD also!.. we got this..

So far so good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Hello everyone, I know that I am posting on the tail end of the day but I have been super busy! Daughter had basketball practice this morning, then school registration for her. I finally got home but been working on assignments for two online classes I am currently taking.
DD for me and so far just 200 calories in, I have not had time to think of food today and worked out great for me.
I feel myself getting a little hungry now so I have some grilled chicken in the freezer I grilled for my daughter last week I will take 1 grilled tenderloin out and nuke in microwave and have some mixed veggies. I think that will carry me until tomorrow.
Later ladies
Wow Jan that is fantastic for a DD!!! Great job! I think that would be the only way I would get through without food is being too busy.

Hope you make it through the night!!! Have a wonderful UP day tomorrow!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #1733
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hello and good evening!

Thanks! ive never tried Callenetics, but watch-me-shrink has completely transformed herself, absolutely amazing!
You know, it'll be 11years next week since I started Atkins. It took a year for me to lose 100lbs, and the last 10 to lose about 30 more maintenance is going to be hard work! But, I'm excited about taking it to the next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Later ladies
Hope your classes are going well keeping busy is great for not eating! I need to be busier out of the house.

Had some blueberries and strawberries for dessert. I think that's too much fruit for today, but it was yummy!
Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #1734

GM ladies, happy Friday!

Julie~great that you're considering training, it'll totally reshape the body and doing this along hcg? You're going to be one HOT Mama!! WTG!! I've been loving my snacks eating strawberries, my son just ate the last so now I need to buy more. Great summer fruit!

Jen~you did well to get in that many cals today. I keep reading the the wider the spread between cals on UD and DD, the best. I'm going to keep trying to eat very low DD cals, but not going to stress it if one of those days I need more cals. What's on you menu for today's DD? I'm trying the laughing cow cabbage meal today.

Pati~enjoy your off day! Hopefully you had a great DD yesterday. Have fun this weekend on your camping trip!

Deb~love, love that you're doing this 'experiment'. Looking forward to your daily reports.

Gracie~safe travels to you and fam as you all head to the lake again.

I didn't eat all my cals for yesterday's UD either, but I made sure I ate a lot of protein last night for dinner as I've found this helps keep me fuller on DDs. I also realized that after eating the McMuffin for brunch, I was hungry it seemed a lot quicker...like couldn't wait until I ate dinner hungry, so I may not eat that as 'regular' meal. As mentioned to Jen, I'm trying the cabbage meal and it'll total 450 cals, and that's with adding a lot of med shrimp (vs. chicken) and chicken broth. If needed, I have low-fat Hebrew hot dogs at 45 cals/each to add for later or Diet Swiss Miss cocoa at 35 cals...so many varieties. Love it!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #1735
Major LCF Poster!

GM lovely ladies! I am so stoked about my DD today now that I have a "real" UD under my belt Feeling full and content so far sipping my coffee. I have a very busy day today at work so I am going to hold off eating as long as I can to make sure to give myself calories to eat tonight as I'm sure DH is going to want to do something for our date night.

Shari-I was reading the JUDDD DD meals yesterday to get some ideas and that cabbage meal looks really good. I will need to go to the grocery store for sure. I like meals to be pretty simple without a lot of thinking involved so that meal looks like it would definitely be easy peasy.

Pati-Hi! How are you doing? I bet you are super excited for your camping trip. Will you be back in time to watch the Final???

Deb-Hope you have a super awesome DD today.

Gracie-Enjoy your weekend!

Jan-Well done with your meal planning! I need to do that better

Here are my July stats to keep myself honest

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD)

Goal for July is 240...I can do this!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #1736

Quote:
GM ladies, happy Friday!

Julie~great that you're considering training, it'll totally reshape the body and doing this along hcg? You're going to be one HOT Mama!! WTG!! I've been loving my snacks eating strawberries, my son just ate the last so now I need to buy more. Great summer fruit!

Jen~you did well to get in that many cals today. I keep reading the the wider the spread between cals on UD and DD, the best. I'm going to keep trying to eat very low DD cals, but not going to stress it if one of those days I need more cals. What's on you menu for today's DD? I'm trying the laughing cow cabbage meal today.

Pati~enjoy your off day! Hopefully you had a great DD yesterday. Have fun this weekend on your camping trip!

Deb~love, love that you're doing this 'experiment'. Looking forward to your daily reports.

Gracie~safe travels to you and fam as you all head to the lake again.

I didn't eat all my cals for yesterday's UD either, but I made sure I ate a lot of protein last night for dinner as I've found this helps keep me fuller on DDs. I also realized that after eating the McMuffin for brunch, I was hungry it seemed a lot quicker...like couldn't wait until I ate dinner hungry, so I may not eat that as 'regular' meal. As mentioned to Jen, I'm trying the cabbage meal and it'll total 450 cals, and that's with adding a lot of med shrimp (vs. chicken) and chicken broth. If needed, I have low-fat Hebrew hot dogs at 45 cals/each to add for later or Diet Swiss Miss cocoa at 35 cals...so many varieties. Love it!
Thanks Shari! Wow you are really doing well on JUDDD! It is SO MENTAL.. but when you get that hunger going and MAKE IT THROUGH.. wow what a rush huh?... Enjoy your day today!!

Quote:
GM lovely ladies! I am so stoked about my DD today now that I have a "real" UD under my belt Feeling full and content so far sipping my coffee. I have a very busy day today at work so I am going to hold off eating as long as I can to make sure to give myself calories to eat tonight as I'm sure DH is going to want to do something for our date night.

Shari-I was reading the JUDDD DD meals yesterday to get some ideas and that cabbage meal looks really good. I will need to go to the grocery store for sure. I like meals to be pretty simple without a lot of thinking involved so that meal looks like it would definitely be easy peasy.

Pati-Hi! How are you doing? I bet you are super excited for your camping trip. Will you be back in time to watch the Final???

Deb-Hope you have a super awesome DD today.

Gracie-Enjoy your weekend!

Jan-Well done with your meal planning! I need to do that better

Here are my July stats to keep myself honest

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD)

Goal for July is 240...I can do this!
Congrats Jen!!! So happy you got your UD cals pretty good, and are ready for this lovely DD. I AM TOO!!!

I will post my stuff in a separate post, but hope Pati is having fun camping..
Old 07-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #1737

So yesterday's UP day was great, I ate alot. I was greeted with a .6 gain. This is expected though.. I cut off eating around 5 last night and have had coffee and a MAGIC POP with LF cottage cheese and tomato for breakfast.. it was very satisfying for now.. and only 55 cals!!

Today I am going to eat up to around 550 cals before 6pm, then have a small dinner.. I will see if that helps me lose more than a pound, but if not that is ok too.

For accountability:

Day 3-- July 11 - 175.4 DD until 6pm
Old 07-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #1738
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great Deb!!! Keep it up and you will see soon enough that it is working
Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #1739

Quote:
You are doing great Deb!!! Keep it up and you will see soon enough that it is working
Thanks Jen!..
Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #1740
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Good morning everyone! UD for me today. my weigh in will be Monday so I hope this will be a great weekend.
Julie- crystal light will be on my list.

Shari- I agree some foods do not hold your hunger down and sometimes increase appetite....you are doing great.

Deb- best wishes you are doing great. Steak sounds good. Glad you got this!

Jen- thanks and great job with your planning

Gracie-great menu..you are doing good.

Later ladies
Closed Thread