Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi everyone! I totally forgot to post yesterday These weekends seriously wipe me out for Mondays. I'm still tired. I did pretty good eating wise but I definitely drank too many adult beverages. I am not weighing until Friday and I've been having a lot of S meals (Low-Carb) just because it gets the bloat off faster.

You guys are really making me want to try JUDDD again!!! Maybe if I could get ONE DD under my belt I'd feel better about it. I could still follow THM principles but try to get at least 3 DD's per week. HMMMMM, where's DEB??? Another experiment???

Today I had coffee/hwc/truvia for breakfast and lunch was leftover spareribs. I have no veggies in the house and I really need to grocery shop. Not sure about dinner yet. I'm really trying to push the water too because I'm bloaty.

Very excited everyone is having great success!!!
Gracie, if no other reason than the health benefits it's really worth trying it again. Plus, selfishly I love when we're all in sync together eating-wise! Glad you had fun and understand how as we get older it takes longer to recover...did I just say that? I know for me, one night of going out with the ladies that include drinking and I'm for a couple days. Glad THM is still working for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Pati, Jen, Shari, Deb, Julie and Gracie thanks for the well wishes for my tummy. It is doing fine so far
Today is a DD for me and I woke up in a panic then calmed down. I know I can do this but I am use to grazing a little throughout the day. Had some hot tea with splenda this morning early. and for lunch had 1 serving of GF cream of mushroom soup, 100 calories, diet sprite.
Everyone keep up the good work.
I totally understand, I was the same way that first day. I think I thought more about the fact I wasn't eating a lot that day which made the 'head hunger' come on faster. It works though, stick with it and the rewards are so worth it. Tomorrow you can have whatever you want...you're a pro as you did hhcg at 500 cals for days and days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hi ladies!!!!

Sorry, I just got sprung on me that I am getting a promotion.. so lots of meetings and things going on the past 2 days.. I still don't have much time, but wanted to let you know I am ALIVE..

Everyone is doing so wonderful!! Congrats to you JUDDDers!!! Julie, nice first day drop! ( I also have a hubby who says drop it.. um NO)

Jan, Shari, Jen and Pati, I am so interested in your journeys!

I really want to do JUDDD, I may just take it the opposite way, and have my fairly large meal in the mornings since that is when I am hungry, then coast the rest of the day.. we shall see!

I love reading the forums and Shari, I am going to check that poster out! LOVE success stories!!

The common theme I am seeing from most of the success stories is not eating much... Exercising ALOT, and being very mindful. Duhhhhhh.. but I think something just has to click in your head for the time to be NOW.

Gracie welcome back!!! I like your idea of THM with 3 DD.. hummmm... that sounds interesting indeed!..

Jan, glad your GF is helping you.. keep it up!!

Congrats on the promotion!! I also read something that might help you plus you're an experimenter so you may have success like she did. Let me see, it may be hard for me to explain so maybe I'll post the link if it's still confusing. A JUDDD poster(I believe her name is PirateJenny) did her rotations differently. She'd have rotations starting from one evening until the next for example, she'd start her DD fast at 7pm Tuesday and end it 7pm Wednesday that way she'd be able to have a great UD meal later that day, Wednesday...not going the whole day like we do. For UDs she'd have great UD meals until that next evening then fast/eat vlc until the next evening and so on. I didn't finish reading the thread but I believe she had a lot of success doing this way...

Last edited by shari; 07-08-2014 at 11:52 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #1682

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Gracie, if no other reason than the health benefits it's really worth trying it again. Plus, selfishly I love when we're all in sync together eating-wise! Glad you had fun and understand how as we get older it takes longer to recover...did I just say that? I know for me, one night of going out with the ladies that include drinking and I'm for a couple days. Glad THM is still working for you too!

I totally understand, I was the same way that first day. I think I thought more about the fact I wasn't eating a lot that day which made the 'head hunger' come on faster. It works though, stick with it and the rewards are so worth it. Tomorrow you can have whatever you want...you're a pro as you did hhcg at 500 cals for days and days...

Congrats on the promotion!! I also read something that might help you plus you're an experimenter so you may have success like she did. Let me see, it may be hard for me to explain so maybe I'll post the link if it's still confusing. A JUDDD poster(I believe her name is PirateJenny) did her rotations differently. She'd have rotations starting from one evening until the next for example, she'd start her DD fast at 7pm Tuesday and end it 7pm Wednesday that way she'd be able to have a great UD meal later that day, Wednesday...not going the whole day like we do. For UDs she'd have great UD meals until that next evening then fast/eat vlc until the next evening and so on. I didn't finish reading the thread but I believe she had a lot of success doing this way...
Thanks Shari! I am going to have to read on this one!. SOUNDS INTERESTING!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #1683
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Hi ladies!!!!

Sorry, I just got sprung on me that I am getting a promotion.. so lots of meetings and things going on the past 2 days.. I still don't have much time, but wanted to let you know I am ALIVE..

Deb....congrats on your promotion!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #1684
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Hi ladies!!!!

Everyone is doing so wonderful!! Congrats to you JUDDDers!!! Julie, nice first day drop! ( I also have a hubby who says drop it.. um NO)

Jan, Shari, Jen and Pati, I am so interested in your journeys!

I really want to do JUDDD, I may just take it the opposite way, and have my fairly large meal in the mornings since that is when I am hungry, then coast the rest of the day.. we shall see!

I love reading the forums and Shari, I am going to check that poster out! LOVE success stories!!

The common theme I am seeing from most of the success stories is not eating much... Exercising ALOT, and being very mindful. Duhhhhhh.. but I think something just has to click in your head for the time to be NOW.

Gracie welcome back!!! I like your idea of THM with 3 DD.. hummmm... that sounds interesting indeed!..

Thanks Deb! He's come around and apologized, to dd, and gotten back on track! All good! thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS !!yay for your promotion!!so happy for you!!

Thanks girls, doing well and plugging away. Like 3 straight weeks of DD's to you Juddd folk . I'll do it!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #1685

Quote:
Deb....congrats on your promotion!
Thank you Jan!! It was very unexpected! I will enjoy the extra $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks Deb! He's come around and apologized, to dd, and gotten back on track! All good! thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS !!yay for your promotion!!so happy for you!!

Thanks girls, doing well and plugging away. Like 3 straight weeks of DD's to you Juddd folk . I'll do it!
Thanks Julie! I am glad he apologized! Good for him!! Oh yes 3 weeks of DD.. I should not complain about being hungry every other day...

That's the thing though, with HCG I am not hungry. I would love to have the NOT HUNGRY every other day also, without the HCG.. don't know if this can happen.

I did decide to give it a try to do an off kilter DD starting at 6pm tonight until 6 pm tomorrow (Wednesday). I will eat 500-600 cals during this 24 hour period, THEN have a dinner tomorrow night after 6.

Not TOOOO much, but something to tide me over until the next morning. Then continue my UD until 6pm Thursday. After 6pm Thursday, I will do another 500 or so cals until 6pm Friday, when I will have a dinnner of some kind. OOOO I think this may work for me.. Not true JUDDD, but when have I ever done things the correct way....
Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #1686
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Dang it! I hate when I type out a nice long message with personals to each of you and my computer decides to freeze...grrrrr!!!

Pati-Guuuuurrrrlllll!!! I am watching WC right now and I am shocked at what I am seeing! OMG!!!! So, the coffee and coconut oil is a great idea. I will definitely give it a shot. Orrrr I will just continue the way I am going and call it JUDDD. I don't know

Deb-Go Gurl!!! You are a rock star! So happy for you. Please come back and share the details when you have them and don't hide an experiment I know you

Gracie-I think you are doing great with what you are doing. I love seeing how everyone has a different way of losing and making it interesting for all of us. However, if you do plan to integrate JUDDD...post menus. I am a horrible meal planner and cook so I'm at the mercy of frozen foods or salads. I love salad because it cannot get cold from sitting too long.

Shari-Is Bullet Proof Coffee supposed to be made with "special" coffee beans. I typically stop at my neighborhood coffee shop and grab one and two creamers for breakfast. If I am lucky I'll get hungry before noon. Usually, my hunger is greatest for lunch and then at dinner time I could take it or leave it if I've eaten a good lunch. The hardest thing for me is to not eat with the family. So, I'll make a small salad and push it around and it makes me happy

Jan-Do you weigh daily? I've started just so I can torture myself...no, just kidding. I think it will give me the bigger picture like Pati gets from posting her daily weight.

Julie-I deal with the same things in my marriage. It definitely is worth the fight. There are too many times that I backed down in the past. This has caused me nothing but heart ache and reassigning my boundaries.
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #1687
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Deb!!! Do it!!!! One week

Let's virtually shake on this.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Deb!!! Do it!!!! One week

Let's virtually shake on this.
YOU BETCHA SISTER!!... I am pumped to try this now!..

So grateful that Shari even mentioned it, I never would have thought of this on my own..
Old 07-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #1689
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you Jan!! It was very unexpected! I will enjoy the extra $$

Thanks Julie! I am glad he apologized! Good for him!! Oh yes 3 weeks of DD.. I should not complain about being hungry every other day...

That's the thing though, with HCG I am not hungry. I would love to have the NOT HUNGRY every other day also, without the HCG.. don't know if this can happen.

I did decide to give it a try to do an off kilter DD starting at 6pm tonight until 6 pm tomorrow (Wednesday). I will eat 500-600 cals during this 24 hour period, THEN have a dinner tomorrow night after 6.

Not TOOOO much, but something to tide me over until the next morning. Then continue my UD until 6pm Thursday. After 6pm Thursday, I will do another 500 or so cals until 6pm Friday, when I will have a dinnner of some kind. OOOO I think this may work for me.. Not true JUDDD, but when have I ever done things the correct way....
More M0ney$$$$$ great!!!!
Deb try your plan, it seems very doable! good luck
Old 07-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #1690
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Dang it! I hate when I type out a nice long message with personals to each of you and my computer decides to freeze...grrrrr!!!

Jan-Do you weigh daily? I've started just so I can torture myself...no, just kidding. I think it will give me the bigger picture like Pati gets from posting her daily weight.
I will not weigh in daily, just weekly. I forgot to weigh in yesterday but did today and 212 is my number.
I cannot take the torture of daily weighing so it will be weekly or maybe twice a week.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #1691
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everyone, I made it through my first DD and it was pretty tough. I had GF cream of mushroom soup (1 serving 100 calories), 2/3 cup of mixed veggies, 1 cup of pinto beans (protein) 1 freeze pop, 1 diet coke, water, water and more water lol.
Wanted to snack on something late last night so I had 1 tortilla chip. I know the DD will get easier so I will hang inhere,
The good thing is today is my UD, I had on my mind all the things I would eat today and so far I've had only my coffee with creamer. In a few I will eat some chex cereal with almond milk but I am not in a rush.
This is doable, very doable.

Note to Self
{Take it one day at a time}
{You will have down days, accept them}
{You will have wonderful days, LOVE them}
{Don't worry how long it takes. You have a goal: Don't give up}
Old 07-09-2014, 07:50 AM   #1692
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Jan-sporadic weighing is better for you! I'm a daily weighed and the ups and downs get to me!

Deb-yay for more $!!! Your plan sounds excellent and is how I would do Juddd if I ever tried it again!! Good luck honey!

Shari-you're rocking your rotations and the scale!! WTG!

Gracie-good to hear from you!! Glad all is well!

Pati-you've got a great attitude and perspective on your plan! Love the adaptation for life!!

VLCD3 today. went out to dinner with the family last night-pizza! i had a coke zero and watched. sigh, strong for now! i will not cheat! only 3 weeks, I can do It!
I'm working my way back down the scale. It's never as fast as I'd like, but getting there. I feel slimmer already which is nice!! Down 2 more, all loading weight still. Looking forward to new weight by the weekend!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #1693

Quote:
I will not weigh in daily, just weekly. I forgot to weigh in yesterday but did today and 212 is my number.
I cannot take the torture of daily weighing so it will be weekly or maybe twice a week.
I hear you on this!!! Hate the drama of the scale..

Quote:
More M0ney$$$$$ great!!!!
Deb try your plan, it seems very doable! good luck
Thanks Jan! I am happy for the $$ very surprised!! So far so good on my new plan, of course it has been a whole 15 hours now..

Quote:
Hello everyone, I made it through my first DD and it was pretty tough. I had GF cream of mushroom soup (1 serving 100 calories), 2/3 cup of mixed veggies, 1 cup of pinto beans (protein) 1 freeze pop, 1 diet coke, water, water and more water lol.
Wanted to snack on something late last night so I had 1 tortilla chip. I know the DD will get easier so I will hang inhere,
The good thing is today is my UD, I had on my mind all the things I would eat today and so far I've had only my coffee with creamer. In a few I will eat some chex cereal with almond milk but I am not in a rush.
This is doable, very doable.
Gosh Jan, I was so skeered of being hungry on the original JUDDD that I didn't even attempt to let hunger pass by.. I just wanted to eat.. YAY FOR YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Jan-sporadic weighing is better for you! I'm a daily weighed and the ups and downs get to me!

Deb-yay for more $!!! Your plan sounds excellent and is how I would do Juddd if I ever tried it again!! Good luck honey!

Shari-you're rocking your rotations and the scale!! WTG!

Gracie-good to hear from you!! Glad all is well!

Pati-you've got a great attitude and perspective on your plan! Love the adaptation for life!!

VLCD3 today. went out to dinner with the family last night-pizza! i had a coke zero and watched. sigh, strong for now! i will not cheat! only 3 weeks, I can do It!
I'm working my way back down the scale. It's never as fast as I'd like, but getting there. I feel slimmer already which is nice!! Down 2 more, all loading weight still. Looking forward to new weight by the weekend!
Thanks Julie!!! I am excited to try this. So far today I am fine. I had nothing after 6pm last night and that was easy because I ate before that..

Then this morning I had my coffee with cream and 1/4 c. cottage cheese. I have planned out my work day with several small snacks until I get home to eat a dinner AFTER 6...

I hope I can keep it kinda low tonight to not undo my DD.. this is where the experiment comes in!!! I MIGHT not even want to eat it after all, but KNOWING I CAN.. is all I need to get through my work day..

Congrats on your skinny feeling Julie!!! I love that part!! STRONG WOMAN AT A PIZZA PLACE!!!

Keep it up and these weeks will fly by!!..
Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #1694

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Morning peeps! Yesterday went well - cravings weren't too bad. I'm interested to watch Deb's experiment as usual! I remember reading about the 24 hour fast compared to JUDDD. If I remember correctly it was said that you don't get the real fasting benefits like JUDDD. It had something to do with JUDDD being a 36 hour fast in reality. Say you have your last food on an UD at 7:00 pm, then you fast (500 calories) all the next day. The following day is your UD again - even if you eat breakfast at 7:00 am it's been 36 hours. The SIRT1 gene doesn't get turned until it's an actual 36 hour fast. This is only what I remember but I'd hate for Deb to fast for 24 hours without the benefits. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!! I'm not sure how PirateJenny did - I'd have to go find it....

So far today I've had coffee/hwc/truvia - no food yet. I'm just not a big breakfast person! I feel like once I start eating my body wants to eat the rest of the day. If I wait til lunch I seem to eat less

Julie ~ Pizza I would've cried. Good for you for staying so strong!

Jan ~ Way to go making it through your first DD!!! They are rough for me but I do remember them getting easier.

Jen ~ Sounds like you have this under control. I will post my menu's but they're not that exciting! I need to go grocery shopping asap!

Shari ~ Please start posting your DD menu's. I like to see what you can get for such low calories. Jimmy Dean makes that lite breakfast sandwich - something like 250 calories. That with a nice salad would be a great dinner!

Deb ~ Are you following THM principles still or just JUDDD'ing? I'm interested to see how you do. Hope you find a good groove!

Pati ~ How is going today? Hope you are firmly in the 180's

Yesterday's Menu (For Jen)
B: cofee/hwc/truvia
L: leftover grilled ribs
D: THM blueberry pancakes with low-fat sugar-free syrup, 0% Greek Yogurt

I drank lots of water and added 1/2 packet of hawaiian punch blue to one bottle to get it down!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #1695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Morning peeps! Yesterday went well - cravings weren't too bad. I'm interested to watch Deb's experiment as usual! I remember reading about the 24 hour fast compared to JUDDD. If I remember correctly it was said that you don't get the real fasting benefits like JUDDD. It had something to do with JUDDD being a 36 hour fast in reality. Say you have your last food on an UD at 7:00 pm, then you fast (500 calories) all the next day. The following day is your UD again - even if you eat breakfast at 7:00 am it's been 36 hours. The SIRT1 gene doesn't get turned until it's an actual 36 hour fast. This is only what I remember but I'd hate for Deb to fast for 24 hours without the benefits. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!! I'm not sure how PirateJenny did - I'd have to go find it....

So far today I've had coffee/hwc/truvia - no food yet. I'm just not a big breakfast person! I feel like once I start eating my body wants to eat the rest of the day. If I wait til lunch I seem to eat less

Julie ~ Pizza I would've cried. Good for you for staying so strong!

Jan ~ Way to go making it through your first DD!!! They are rough for me but I do remember them getting easier.

Jen ~ Sounds like you have this under control. I will post my menu's but they're not that exciting! I need to go grocery shopping asap!

Shari ~ Please start posting your DD menu's. I like to see what you can get for such low calories. Jimmy Dean makes that lite breakfast sandwich - something like 250 calories. That with a nice salad would be a great dinner!

Deb ~ Are you following THM principles still or just JUDDD'ing? I'm interested to see how you do. Hope you find a good groove!

Pati ~ How is going today? Hope you are firmly in the 180's

Yesterday's Menu (For Jen)
B: cofee/hwc/truvia
L: leftover grilled ribs
D: THM blueberry pancakes with low-fat sugar-free syrup, 0% Greek Yogurt

I drank lots of water and added 1/2 packet of hawaiian punch blue to one bottle to get it down!
Oh yes Gracie, I know I am not going to be getting much from 24 hours, but it is a START.. for me, if I can do this for a week, see how I feel, then drop that after 6pm meal if I want and not eat until the next morning, then I would be in JUDDD territory of at least 36 hours.

So far so good! I am trying to follow the THM guidelines on eating only E or S meals.. or the Fuel Pull ones.. Time will tell how it goes..

You are one of those who don't care for breakfast and are hungry after the first bite of the day, but I am definitely a breakfast eater and don't care about night time... I just know I can't go all morning without food, I have tried!

I did find something I like that is only 15 cals and 4 carbs and I think I read about them on the JUDDD threads somewhere.. they hold a good amount of lauging cow cheese or cream cheese and very low in cals. I just had one and it was yummy!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAGIC POP.jpg (27.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MAGIC POP SIZE.jpg (19.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #1696

Hi ladies!

Deb~I tried to find that thread again to read it and post a link as I'm curious how it worked for her later..but I can't find it Thanks Gracie for letting us know the specific details, I'm don't remember some stuff so it's good to be reminded. Deb, I agree it's a good start point. Keep us updated on how it works! Where did you get the bread? Those numbers are right up my alley with JUDDD.

Jan~good for you on hanging in there! LOL, I know and remember how I was saying stuff I was going to eat the next day but didn't too. Yes, the ups and downs can be very frustrating which is why I ditched the scale for almost a week too..especially after coming from LC eating.

Jen~how's your DD going thus far? I'll post my menu in a bit...

Gracie~I posted a couple DD menus already but don't mind continuing. I've found out the same thing about waiting until later. I eat less cals when I only eat lunch/dinner and I can tell already my stomach is shrinking.

Julie~WHOA how were you able to just look with others eating pizza right in front of you?! WOW, my hat is off to you!! Congrats on staying strong and now you're down pounds because of it, you'll do very well with this attitude!

I really ate up to my cals yesterday as I went out later. I felt hungry this morning but it subsided after drinking my coffee. I'm just preparing to eat here's my DD menu:

L:Chicken apple sausage muffin w/ egg (Dunkin Donuts)- 360 cals
D: ground turkey (4 oz) with mushrooms (196 cals)

total: 556 cals (I may see if I can go w/o dinner or eat less to get under 500 cals, if not...no biggie)
Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #1697

Quote:
Hi ladies!

Deb~I tried to find that thread again to read it and post a link as I'm curious how it worked for her later..but I can't find it Thanks Gracie for letting us know the specific details, I'm don't remember some stuff so it's good to be reminded. Deb, I agree it's a good start point. Keep us updated on how it works! Where did you get the bread? Those numbers are right up my alley with JUDDD.

Jan~good for you on hanging in there! LOL, I know and remember how I was saying stuff I was going to eat the next day but didn't too. Yes, the ups and downs can be very frustrating which is why I ditched the scale for almost a week too..especially after coming from LC eating.

Jen~how's your DD going thus far? I'll post my menu in a bit...

Gracie~I posted a couple DD menus already but don't mind continuing. I've found out the same thing about waiting until later. I eat less cals when I only eat lunch/dinner and I can tell already my stomach is shrinking.

Julie~WHOA how were you able to just look with others eating pizza right in front of you?! WOW, my hat is off to you!! Congrats on staying strong and now you're down pounds because of it, you'll do very well with this attitude!

I really ate up to my cals yesterday as I went out later. I felt hungry this morning but it subsided after drinking my coffee. I'm just preparing to eat here's my DD menu:

L:Chicken apple sausage muffin w/ egg (Dunkin Donuts)- 360 cals
D: ground turkey (4 oz) with mushrooms (196 cals)

total: 556 cals (I may see if I can go w/o dinner or eat less to get under 500 cals, if not...no biggie)
Great job Shari! Good luck on your DD today.. I am with you on just seeing how you feel later. I may not eat my dinner, not sure.

I am checking in Dr. Johnson's book about the time of the fast also.. just curious. It won't matter to me, because this an experiment...

I got the Magic Pop's from their website. If you google it, they show you all the flavors they have available. I think it is also in some stores.. My box came yesterday and it is BIG, like 12 of these packages in a variety of flavors. They are made from popped WHEAT.. so not GF sorry Jan!

They are more like a rice cake in texture, but hold up very well with anything you put on them. I just put some salad on one, to see how it would work and it was like eating a bowl of salad! So good!!!

Ok, so I just read in his book that the SIRT1 gene is activated after 24 hours, and remains so for a while after that. So I guess according to him, at LEAST 24 hours, and 36 is better. Interesting!!!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 07-09-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #1698

Oh okay, thanks for the info! Yes, love you don't mind being a guinea JUDDDer...if it can be done, you'll be able to do it well!

Oh I forgot to mention that yesterday G told me he put a deposit down for us to go a cruise again in April!! I'm so excited as this was definitely a surprise because we're already planning on taking the boys during the summer as a graduation present for my oldest and I'd expected that to be our only cruise next year. Now I have several months to lose this weight slowly as long as I keep with it and now having a target date in mind will definitely help.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #1699
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JustMeD
Stats: 257/215/169
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 02/01/2014
Hello HCG'ers.....Im new at this site and have a question. I came across an unopened bottle of HCG that I ordered about 2 years ago when switching purses a few days ago. Would these drops be beneficial to me in any way? Im pretty much following Atkins/Keto'ish and while I do "kinda" remember reading the online information on it, I don't recall reading anything that specifically states not to take it if you aren't following the HCG plan because it will (....harm you......) or god forbid make you fat(ter). Just curious. Thank you for any information
Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #1700

Quote:
Oh okay, thanks for the info! Yes, love you don't mind being a guinea JUDDDer...if it can be done, you'll be able to do it well!

Oh I forgot to mention that yesterday G told me he put a deposit down for us to go a cruise again in April!! I'm so excited as this was definitely a surprise because we're already planning on taking the boys during the summer as a graduation present for my oldest and I'd expected that to be our only cruise next year. Now I have several months to lose this weight slowly as long as I keep with it and now having a target date in mind will definitely help.
That is fantastic Shari!! Whoo hooo you will have so much to look forward to! I am in the same BOAT.. haha.. I want to go on my trip to Hawaii, and I need to get in gear and get there! IT all depends on ME.. Have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeD View Post
Hello HCG'ers.....Im new at this site and have a question. I came across an unopened bottle of HCG that I ordered about 2 years ago when switching purses a few days ago. Would these drops be beneficial to me in any way? Im pretty much following Atkins/Keto'ish and while I do "kinda" remember reading the online information on it, I don't recall reading anything that specifically states not to take it if you aren't following the HCG plan because it will (....harm you......) or god forbid make you fat(ter). Just curious. Thank you for any information
You may want to ask in the main HCG forums on here, but I am not so sure an open bottle in your purse would still be good. Maybe though??

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hcg-diets/

I used to use my HCG drops and eat a different plan. I always thought they helped my hunger and fat loss.. You can sure give it a try, I would not worry at all about them making you fatter!.. So many scare stories out there.. beware..
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #1701
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JustMeD
Stats: 257/215/169
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 02/01/2014
Quote:

You may want to ask in the main HCG forums on here, but I am not so sure an open bottle in your purse would still be good. Maybe though??

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hcg-diets/

I used to use my HCG drops and eat a different plan. I always thought they helped my hunger and fat loss.. You can sure give it a try, I would not worry at all about them making you fatter!.. So many scare stories out there.. beware..
Thank you....I'll check out the link...........funny thing, the bottle still has the plastic seal on it! "Scare stories" indeed.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeD View Post
Thank you....I'll check out the link...........funny thing, the bottle still has the plastic seal on it! "Scare stories" indeed.
Good luck!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #1703
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Yappy yappersons! Took me a while to read all through your posts today and I loved every one of the

I have been so busy with school and work.

Gracie - you are back!! YAY!! Sounds like you're in a great groove! KUTGW!!!

Deb - OMG!! CONGRATS ON YOUR PROMOTION! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
I will be cheering you on with your experiment. Sounds like you're off to a good start!!!

Shari - I too love having everyone on the same diet. I'm so selfish LOL I'm so happy for Julie tho. Especially reading that she went out to PIZZA AND JUST WATCHED!?!?!?

Julie ^ YOU ARE EXTREMELY FOCUSED! I laud your efforts! MARVELOUS! You are definitely my hero

Jen - That was a sad sad game yesterday. It pains me to speak about it! Oh well....Maybe in 2018? LOL Are you on a down day today or up? (I lost track)

Jan - Sounds like you did extremely well on your first down day. Hope you're enjoying today

As for me....Right now? I feel like I am about to explode out of these jeans! LOL Went to lunch with my dept (boss is retiring ) I am done eating for the day. MY GOODNESS WAS IT GOOD AND DELICIOUS. But I know the scale will be up tomorrow.
I'm making tomorrow a down day. BTW - I forget how eating as much as I did today makes me feel pooy! I am 2 seconds from falling asleep!!! *yawn*

So yesterday was up. Today is up. Tomorrow down.
Friday up. Saturday up and Sunday down (camping weekend. leaving Friday morning and coming back Sunday)

Not in the 180s anymore :P MEH. I don't mind. Next week shall be better

Here we go for July:
June #s (started 199. Goal 190. Last weigh in of the month was 190.5)
July goal is 185

7/1 ~ 193 (down day & much needed! Look at the jump in scale! YIKES!)
7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/3 ~ 191 (down day today)
7/4 ~ 189.5 (up day today) HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!
7/5 ~ 190.5 (down day today)
7/6 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/7 ~ 191.5 (down day today)
7/8 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/9 ~ 190.5 ( up day today - wonky week. working the down days in as much as possible)

Now, where's that damn pillow?!?! LOL

Bye babes
Old 07-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #1704

Thanks Pati!!! I am excited..

Wow I know that awful feeling of being stuffed, and I don't like it one bit either!! I hope you get your nap..

You will right back with it tomorrow, then the weekend, enjoy! Have a wonderful camping trip! Then get right back on your rotations.. I know you will!! Or we will kick you in the behind.. Kidding!

So far I am surviving my DD.. I have found those Magic Pops also make a good sammy! Ham, lettuce, low fat cheese on a Magic POP and it was DELISH!!!.. ok so now I have to slow down on those...
Old 07-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #1705
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Pati!!! I am excited..

Wow I know that awful feeling of being stuffed, and I don't like it one bit either!! I hope you get your nap..

You will right back with it tomorrow, then the weekend, enjoy! Have a wonderful camping trip! Then get right back on your rotations.. I know you will!! Or we will kick you in the behind.. Kidding!

So far I am surviving my DD.. I have found those Magic Pops also make a good sammy! Ham, lettuce, low fat cheese on a Magic POP and it was DELISH!!!.. ok so now I have to slow down on those...
Did you order them from their site? I should do that!
Do they actually taste good?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Did you order them from their site? I should do that!
Do they actually taste good?
Yes, I ordered them from their site, and as much as I did not like the cinnamon one by itself last night when I tried it, I LOVE the other ones with stuff on them. They are really good.

I bet on my UD I could try a cinnamon one with butter and and syrup like a pancake..

I don't think they should be eaten alone, who wants to do that? They need stuff on them, and then they are FAB! I adored the honey wheat ones with laughing cow, lettuce, tomato and ham...
Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #1707
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes, I ordered them from their site, and as much as I did not like the cinnamon one by itself last night when I tried it, I LOVE the other ones with stuff on them. They are really good.

I bet on my UD I could try a cinnamon one with butter and and syrup like a pancake..

I don't think they should be eaten alone, who wants to do that? They need stuff on them, and then they are FAB! I adored the honey wheat ones with laughing cow, lettuce, tomato and ham...
On any other given day especially a down day, this would probably sound delicious! Right now not so much LOL

I will be able to order when I get hungry sometime tomorrow I'm sure~
Old 07-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #1708
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW - you are doing 6 AM to 6 AM as down days?

I read on the JUDDD forum someone doing 12 AM to 12 AM. (which sounds interesting and more doable for those who need a lil' more sanity?)
Old 07-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #1709

Quote:
On any other given day especially a down day, this would probably sound delicious! Right now not so much LOL

I will be able to order when I get hungry sometime tomorrow I'm sure~
you poor thing!.. my sympathies as I am hungry today.. but manageable!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #1710

Quote:
BTW - you are doing 6 AM to 6 AM as down days?

I read on the JUDDD forum someone doing 12 AM to 12 AM. (which sounds interesting and more doable for those who need a lil' more sanity?)
I am doing 6pm to 6pm. So I stopped eating yesterday around 5 actually and have had around 500 cals today, and won't eat again until AFTER 6pm. I am pumped for this, because I don't feel deprived at all.
Closed Thread