Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 04:06 AM   #1591
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
quick post for now...

Jan~ I actually start out with the lowest percentage with is 20% WLM due to exercising (3-5 days of moderate) so I can eat more cals on DDs. I have't been able to get my total UD cals yet but as I lose weight, that'll drop anyway. Yes, come join the JUDDD bandwagon!

Jen~I can see a difference too! Wonderful that it's working so well for you.

Deb~ I remember that we used to take Resveratrol (sp) and Ptero caps to help with DD hunger/cravings and quickly turn on the SIRT 1 gene. I'm thinking about ordering that again from Netrition. I see now they offer a bottle that has both combined.

no weighing today due to eating late last night. Today is a DD..I'm baking chicken now so will have chicken salad sometime later today for lunch/dinner, not sure about breakfast yet. (In the book, Dr. Moreno had a nice fast for 12 hours on DD; he'd eat around 7:30 am to have breakfast then wouldn't eat again until 7:30 pm to have dinner with his family.) I'm really trying to stay low in cals today which has to be a true cal limit due to not exercising....

Pati and Gracie!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 04:41 AM   #1592

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
quick post for now...

Jan~ I actually start out with the lowest percentage with is 20% WLM due to exercising (3-5 days of moderate) so I can eat more cals on DDs. I have't been able to get my total UD cals yet but as I lose weight, that'll drop anyway. Yes, come join the JUDDD bandwagon!

Deb~ I remember that we used to take Resveratrol (sp) and Ptero caps to help with DD hunger/cravings and quickly turn on the SIRT 1 gene. I'm thinking about ordering that again from Netrition. I see now they offer a bottle that has both combined.

no weighing today due to eating late last night. Today is a DD..I'm baking chicken now so will have chicken salad sometime later today for lunch/dinner, not sure about breakfast yet. (In the book, Dr. Moreno had a nice fast for 12 hours on DD; he'd eat around 7:30 am to have breakfast then wouldn't eat again until 7:30 pm to have dinner with his family.) I'm really trying to stay low in cals today which has to be a true cal limit due to not exercising....
Yes Shari, I remember taking that AND I still have some!! I found it this morning, and the expiration date is not until 2015!! YAY! Thanks for reminding me! I am going to start taking it today. I do remember I had some good hunger suppression!!

So if you do a 20% day you can eat MORE on up days? I am confused..

I think that is different than the book I have. My up day cals are the same no matter what my DD cals would be. Oh well, still reading! Congrats on keeping the exercise Shari!!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:02 AM   #1593
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good Morning Ladies

Shari - Dr. Moreno's way of eating is something I am doing on down days as well. I normally have my big ol' cup of coffee w/sugar free creamer & ff h&h. Then off to fasting til dinner time. It makes it so much easier not to have to "think" about food til then. Funny thing is I can literally fast all day easily. I noticed this yesterday. I made myself eat 4 slices of turkey bacon on 35 cal bread and light mayo. I wasn't "truly" hungry but it was time so I ate. As soon as that sandwich hit my belly....BAM nonstop hunger and the desire to eat more! It makes absolutely no sense!!! LOL Oh I had pineapple and an oat bar to stave off the hunger since I could afford the cals

Deb - I actually thought of JUDDDing while using hcg. Thing is I would hate to waste a batch. Trying to save it for an EMERGENCY WEIGHT LOSS! LOL
Let us know what route you decide to take. You know I love reading of your success in whatever you do

Jen - 1000 cals is so not bad! You sound like you are in such a happy place right now. GOOD FOR YOU!!!! That's a huge success in my opinion.
BTW - I SOOOOO miss drinking! I am so looking forward to it on Friday! LOL

Jan - So glad you are feeling better. Gluten free seemed to help. Good luck with JUDDD you'll do fantastically well I'm sure of it

Julie - Hope you are enjoying your staycation! Miss ya....Can't wait to hear how much fun you had!!!

Gracie -

to everyone else who is MIA right now. Know you are missed and we are all thinking of you

Well I was paranoid about the scale yesterday...Apparently for no reason. I finally saw a NEW low. I had gotten as low as 190.5 but today I finally hit 190!
For accountability throughout the month, I will continue to post the daily weigh ins. They help me

Here we go for July:
June #s (started 199. Goal 190. Last weigh in of the month was 190.5)
July goal is 185

7/1 ~ 193 (down day & much needed! Look at the jump in scale! YIKES!)
7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)

Well, today is my Friday at work! I am so glad I'm off for a few days. I am really looking forward to the 4th. Family, friends,food, drinks and fire works! SO FUN!!! Tomorrow I will be home prepping for the day after but I'll check in. I think I'm looking forward to sleeping in! Been going to bed past midnight and that is no bueno lol

Hoping you all have a blessed Wednesday!!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #1594

YAY PATI!!!!!

I tell you what! I cannot go during the day without food. I have tried numerous times and I just am starving. I drink my coffee with cream, but that does nothing to hold me from being hungry. I don't know how you do it.

SOOOOOO this is the bump in the road for me and JUDDD.

Guess I will continue reading and looking for ways to handle things.

Keep up the great work!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #1595
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Jan, I am excited to see how you do!!! I see most people do around 500 cals no matter what their 25% turns out to be in the first 2 weeks. Then some do really low low cals, while others do a bit more like Jen. Using IE or hunger driven eating.. I guess the Down Day is very important though, to keep it pretty low. The Up day is not as important, but the rotations are.

Jen, I have never read about the diet you speak of. I don't care for coconut oil, and have never tried MCT oil. Interested in hearing how it goes if you decide to try it on your DD.

I am still reading reading and doing more reading. Also following how you girls are doing. It sounds like a great plan, if I could just wrap my head around going all day without eating much. I hate hunger. Even temporary hunger..

Thinking of ways that I could NOT be hungry, yet still enjoy the plan's benefits. I don't really want to go straight Low Carb to get rid of hunger, that deprives me of my fruit. Would HCG work with JUDDD? Not in theory, but I have never tried it. Oh WELL!! I will continue to do my research and attempt to have alternate cal days for now.. THM has that option also.

Keep the info coming ladies!! YOU ALL are very helpful!!..
Okay at 25% I am right under 500 calories on DD and 1987 on UD's.
I'm feeling great this morning so I think I will try to continue eating this way. Will start JUDDD Sunday.
Indigo-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #1596
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
quick post for now...

Shari I must buy this book. What is the name?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #1597
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Good morning my friends!! I read but didn't do the post quite thing, so I'm hoping I remember everyone's comments! Forgive me if I missed anything!!

Jen-you sound great!! Excited, losing well and focused!! Wonderful!! Nice losses!

Shari-you too!! You're motivated and determined and kicking tail!! Woohoo!

Pati-Juddd rock star!! Down to a new low after your brief panic? WTG!M I think that was a good experience for you and will build your confidence going forward! So happy for you my rapidly disappearing friend!! And congrats on the midterm!! I picture you wearing a cape-super Pati!!

Gracie-- a whole month? I'm having a hard time this week!! I can gin weight so quickly that if I don't keep weighing it'll accumulate and be impossible to relose. I suspect it'll be very liberating for you (after that first anxious week). Sorry about your son, but the good part is he's going though this first breakup young with you there to support him.

Deb-how's it going? Sounds like you're ramping up for a Juddd run? Maybe. 5:2? You're always an innovator. whatever you do, you'll do it well, I'm sure of it!

Jan-so glad your feeling better! Enjoy your new classes.

Well, Im enjoying the pool and eating way too much. Tom arrived 2 days ago in the midst of room switchover stress (did I post about that? We ended up moving rooms 3 times! Lots of packing and unpacking!) and dh arriving last night in a snit. Sigh. So, in thinking ahead to starting my hcg round, I checked the freezer and my syringes are not in there. I packed them, they were in the cooler from home, but are not in our current room. So, I must have left them in one of the other rooms. What will I do about that? I guess I'll try calling the front desk? Gah!! So, I may, or may not be starting in a few days. I probably need to now, since I've been eating rather generously this week (higher carb for sure!). We not hitting the gym yet, but hoping to this morning . I am on a tight timeline for this round with another trip the end of August (which would be much more successful and enjoyable in P4). And, I'm not sure now many syringes I have frozen. It maybe that I only had just enough. so, that's my new dilemma!

Aside from that, I'm trying to not be stressed (although I've been abnormally grouchy this week-Tom maybe?) and not relaxed and happy like I had hoped. Hoping it'll lighten up today and I can be more myself. I not normally grouchy,.

Hope you're all doing well!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #1598

Pati~You're soooo close! Tomorrow is your day!!

Deb~for you, probably eating breakfast then small meals throughout the day is best. For some reason, today I got hungry before lunch so had eggs and sausage patty from McD's (no bread). I'm going to fast until dinner (or late lunch ) then drink water and green tea the rest of the day. It's hard in the beginning, but the focus is to try to train your body to 'rest'...I also think the mental aspect is harder because your primary focus is trying to switch from thinking about food but of course it can make you focus more on it LOL, but I remember it does get easier. Oh, so sorry for the misunderstanding.. I meant I'm able to eat higher cals on DD even with the 20% WLM due to exercising. Before when I didn't exercise, my DD calculations would be very low like under 400, but because I'm exercising now I can eat right up to 500 cals and still be in what's considered 20% mode. Hope this makes sense

Jan~It's called the The Fast Diet by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. I got mine from the library. I picked up The Fast Diet Recipe book yesterday from the library (when I did a search for the original book, the recipe book came up as well so I requested both), and from what I've seen through just glancing, the have some good, creative recipes for under/right at 500 cals. So if you do use the library, maybe you can grab that one too.

Julie~oh no! I hope you're able to find it. Awful that you've had to switch rooms 3 times..wow! No wonder you're not in a happy, go-lucky mood but hopefully it'll turn around for you. Plus exercising today will relieve some of that stress and awful TOM
Old 07-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #1599

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi So happy everyone is finding what works for them!!! I'm enjoying THM and hopefully healing my body from all the different diets I've done. Yesterday I stayed perfectly on plan so no worries. I weighed this morning and now I'm going to "TRY" to put it away until the end of the month. Unfortunately we are going on a long weekend starting tomorrow and then 10 days later in July. There will be adult beverages involved I'm sure. I'm going to just stick with my food plan and hope it all works out.

Yesterday's Menu
B: coffee/ff half-n-half/truvia (wasn't hungry)
L: THM Blueberry Pancakes w/SF Maple syrup
D: Parmesan crusted chicken and salad w/ranch
Snack: chocolate shake (vanilla whey protein, SF almond milk, truvia, sf cocoa)

I drank 5 bottles of water too! YAY me

I did eat breakfast today around 9:00 am so I'm due for lunch like now. I'm still not hungry though. I had the blueberry THM pancakes and SF syrup. I LOVE them!! They fill me up and taste so yummy.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!! Sorry about the room switches Julie, I'd be pissy too!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi So happy everyone is finding what works for them!!! I'm enjoying THM and hopefully healing my body from all the different diets I've done. Yesterday I stayed perfectly on plan so no worries. I weighed this morning and now I'm going to "TRY" to put it away until the end of the month. Unfortunately we are going on a long weekend starting tomorrow and then 10 days later in July. There will be adult beverages involved I'm sure. I'm going to just stick with my food plan and hope it all works out.

Yesterday's Menu
B: coffee/ff half-n-half/truvia (wasn't hungry)
L: THM Blueberry Pancakes w/SF Maple syrup
D: Parmesan crusted chicken and salad w/ranch
Snack: chocolate shake (vanilla whey protein, SF almond milk, truvia, sf cocoa)

I drank 5 bottles of water too! YAY me

I did eat breakfast today around 9:00 am so I'm due for lunch like now. I'm still not hungry though. I had the blueberry THM pancakes and SF syrup. I LOVE them!! They fill me up and taste so yummy.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!! Sorry about the room switches Julie, I'd be pissy too!

Menu looks good Gracie! Your pancakes sound yummy, especially on this DD LOL. I think I'm going to try one of my older menus with the waffles and SF maple syrup too, they were so good. With you going on vacation, THM seems very doable, and good for you with being brave enough to put the scale up for a month!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #1601
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh no Julie! What a bummer! I hope that if you did leave the syringes in another room that someone turns them in (most peeps would think they are medication and feel the need to ya know?)

Gracie - AWESOME!!!! Sounds like you finally found a woe that is working well with you. Have fun this weekend.

Shari - I love the lower cal waffles! I have some in my freezer and had forgotten about them! *duh* Thanks for the reminder. I'll go scoop some berries and sugar free syrup for tomorrow
Old 07-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #1602

Shari and Pati, thanks for the help and advice on JUDDD. Since I get up at 4am every weekday, I just can't go all day with no food, so IF I decided to try a version of this, I would definitely eat breakfast and hope to lose my appetite at some point...

I love your ideas of waffles and yummy things that I don't normally think of.

Gracie, I still love THM!!! I just can't get myself losing on it. No real restrictions just kind of does me in. If it says eat what you like then guess what? I do!.. This is my OWN FAULT!!!! I love love love the food though, and for maintaining and LIFE, this is my go to ... I hope you can stay off the scale for a month!!!

Julie, good grief!!! I would be more than pissy if i had to move my room 3 times.. I hope you found your syringes or have another idea.. You planned so well!!! just enjoy the time you have left!

Jan, good luck to you!!! I can't wait to hear how you handle the DD. I love reading everything about this plan and how everyone does.

Jen, I hope you are having a wonderful day!!..

I get the idea that people really make it a challenge to power through DD, then get a real HIGH off of it.. I would love that feeling of accomplishment also, just have to work it out.

Back to work!..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #1603
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Jan~It's called the The Fast Diet by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. I got mine from the library. I picked up The Fast Diet Recipe book yesterday from the library (when I did a search for the original book, the recipe book came up as well so I requested both), and from what I've seen through just glancing, the have some good, creative recipes for under/right at 500 cals. So if you do use the library, maybe you can grab that one too.
Thanks Shari for the the book title and author. I have heard of the book before but never purchased it.
I will shop amazon to see if they have a kindle edition.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #1604
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hey everyone!!!

So happy that today's an UD. Today is also my Friday. Super excited about the holiday weekend. We are planning to go to Tomball near Houston this Saturday. I actually look forward to my DDs now especially after a good UD. I may have over did the calories yesterday, but still struggle to get my UD calories to where they need to be. I guess I should not worry about it as I don't really understand the science behind JUDDD...Perhaps I should read the book to, Jan
So today's menu was:
B-Coffee with cream
S-3 oz of homemade meatloaf
L-Small garden salad (romaine, tomatoes, avocado slices, and queso fresca with jalapeno ranch dressing) only ate 1/3 of it and forgot it at work...doh!
S-This is where my binge started...with a teaspoon of peanut butter, m&ms-10, and 2 mini rolos....dreadful that I went to the sugar
D-Small slice of pizza, 2 slices of tomato with basil and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, 3 oz of five counties cheese from Ireland (yummy!) and 1 glass of wine.

I plan on sewing my mouth shut and am perfectly satisfied.

Julie-Thanks girl! I am sorry to hear about the syringes. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with your family.
Deb-I so look forward to see what your ADD diet brain comes up with. I mean that with all of my heart and soul. Love you...mean it
Pati-We are really on the same schedule. Happy Friday love! I am super excited and would love to know how you control your drinking. I read somewhere that people that have had gastric surgery are highly likely to become alcoholics. It's a bit frightening, I would love to only have a drink once a week, but I must have my wine at dinner time. It aids my digestion
Gracie-I'm super motivated by your willingness to put away the scale for a month. That is so awesome and empowering. Good for you and love your menus...they look delicious.
Hi Shari and Jan! Hope y'all are doing awesome with JUDDD. I looked locally for the MCT oil. The thought of taking pure oil and putting it in my mouth makes me want to gag, but I'm willing to try it on my DD's from now on. Will report back. As I know results are not the same for all people.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:09 AM   #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hey everyone!!!

So happy that today's an UD. Today is also my Friday. Super excited about the holiday weekend. We are planning to go to Tomball near Houston this Saturday. I actually look forward to my DDs now especially after a good UD. I may have over did the calories yesterday, but still struggle to get my UD calories to where they need to be. I guess I should not worry about it as I don't really understand the science behind JUDDD...Perhaps I should read the book to, Jan
So today's menu was:
B-Coffee with cream
S-3 oz of homemade meatloaf
L-Small garden salad (romaine, tomatoes, avocado slices, and queso fresca with jalapeno ranch dressing) only ate 1/3 of it and forgot it at work...doh!
S-This is where my binge started...with a teaspoon of peanut butter, m&ms-10, and 2 mini rolos....dreadful that I went to the sugar
D-Small slice of pizza, 2 slices of tomato with basil and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, 3 oz of five counties cheese from Ireland (yummy!) and 1 glass of wine.

I plan on sewing my mouth shut and am perfectly satisfied.

Julie-Thanks girl! I am sorry to hear about the syringes. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with your family.
Deb-I so look forward to see what your ADD diet brain comes up with. I mean that with all of my heart and soul. Love you...mean it
Pati-We are really on the same schedule. Happy Friday love! I am super excited and would love to know how you control your drinking. I read somewhere that people that have had gastric surgery are highly likely to become alcoholics. It's a bit frightening, I would love to only have a drink once a week, but I must have my wine at dinner time. It aids my digestion
Gracie-I'm super motivated by your willingness to put away the scale for a month. That is so awesome and empowering. Good for you and love your menus...they look delicious.
Hi Shari and Jan! Hope y'all are doing awesome with JUDDD. I looked locally for the MCT oil. The thought of taking pure oil and putting it in my mouth makes me want to gag, but I'm willing to try it on my DD's from now on. Will report back. As I know results are not the same for all people.

So TRUE!!!... girl I have never been diagnosed but I swear, this is what my brain does... here there everywhere!!!! I actually tried not to eat yesterday and it was torture!!!!

I just want to find the plan that fits me, and that will take puzzle pieces.. and patience, and knowing that I am not going to drop the weight overnight..

You did fine Jen, it was your UP DAY.. and you were supposed to eat.. don't sweat it and enjoy your empty feeling today...
Old 07-03-2014, 04:46 AM   #1606

One more thing Jen about drinking. My Dad was an alcoholic for all of my life. I never knew him any other way. Which of course contributed to him getting Diabetes and passing away from the complications. It was so sad to see this every day as a child. I did not know why I had night time Dad and day time Dad. I thought this was normal.

Anyway!!! When I was living in a place that I did not care for because my hubby was transferred there for work, and I had 2 small boys with no job, I found myself falling into that pattern. I would actually take my boys with me up the street ( walking) to get me a bottle of wine and drink it during the day.

Now mind you we had NO EXTRA MONEY for this.. but I felt compelled to have it because I needed it to get through my horrible days... UGH!!! The only reason I even bring this up, is it is such a slippery slope from a few glasses of booze to a daily habit that spins..

I was saved by a third pregnancy and quit. Now I can take it or leave it. Usually once a month I have some wine, but don't like the way I feel the next day, so even once a month can be too much for me sometimes.

SO where am I going with this?? Not sure!.. Just take care of yourself and your body.. and be the best YOU ever!!.. No judgement at all!!.. I understand the enjoyment at the time.. Just take care..
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #1607
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Deb!!! This is super big hug for you. I too lived with an alcoholic father and my current husband is an alcoholic. I'm very torn at times because I know I can take it or leave it. I'm so afraid of becoming like him...when he offers me a drink I want to scream NO I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE YOU...Then, when I'm out with my girls; I can sip my two glasses of wine all night and have a great time. Thanks for bringing up your experience. I am very aware in my situation I could easily consume more and more each day. So, I'm dialing it down and looking to gentle guide my husband to dial it down as well. He has a lot to accomplish and not a lot of time...but that's for another story
Old 07-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #1608

Quote:
Hi Deb!!! This is super big hug for you. I too lived with an alcoholic father and my current husband is an alcoholic. I'm very torn at times because I know I can take it or leave it. I'm so afraid of becoming like him...when he offers me a drink I want to scream NO I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE YOU...Then, when I'm out with my girls; I can sip my two glasses of wine all night and have a great time. Thanks for bringing up your experience. I am very aware in my situation I could easily consume more and more each day. So, I'm dialing it down and looking to gentle guide my husband to dial it down as well. He has a lot to accomplish and not a lot of time...but that's for another story
thanks Jen, for taking it how I meant it.. with lots o love

We all have these stories in our lives don't we? I guess our life stories not only got us to where we are now, and but are also lessons to learn from..

I know my stories helped pad me with protective layers!.. I think it is time for the layers to go bye bye.... I am stronger now..
Old 07-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #1609
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Deb-thanks for sharing that. we've all had seasons in our lives similar to that one. And you're right, I'm sure some of our protective padding comes from those experiences.
My dh is an all or nothing kind of guy. We had some dark years early on in our marriage, and finally I gave him an ultimatum. He chose to quit drinking and with few exceptions, hasn't been drunk since. He won't even usually have a sip of alcohol since he knows how addictive his personality is. I can take or leave it, but do enjoy some alcohol here and there. Usually on vacation or out with friends. I try to avoid it for dh's sake, but, for instance, last night at dinner a nice older gentleman who I chatted with while trying to find the restaurant, came over and bought us a drink for our anniversary. I didn't want to pass that up . So, I enjoyed coffee wi Irish cream, Godiva and some other chocolate liquer in it-delicious! Dh was fine. Finding that balance, in all things, is the key.
Ad I love your add diet brain! I think your hopping around to different plans IS your plan. You keep your body guessing and are closing in on goal. It's working great, if you think about it!

Jen- I can relate. Hope all is well with your dd. you're in the groove!!

Shari-thanks! It's been a stressful start to vacation for sure! Trying to roll with it, and with Tom heading out I'm feeling much happier. how's Juddd treating you? You'll do great I think! Hope you're exercise is helping too!

Pati-how's the new decade? I'm guessing you're in the 180's by now....

Gracie-have a great weekend!

Hi anyone else I missed!

Great dinner out last night for early anniversary celebration. July 4 is 16 years. Enjoying the pool and relaxing more so it's going well. Eating is indulgent,mount tomorrow I'll shoot for a gycd and then go lower carb until Im home and can load. Sigh.best laid plans of mice and men...
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #1610

Whooo hoooooo Julie!!! Congrats on 16 years! Ups and downs are all part of it!! The bottom line is you made this far!..

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your story also.. So happy your DH is in control and can handle a bit here and there. Last night was a nice time for a rare treat!.. I bet you both enjoyed it! What a nice gentleman to do that for you..

So enjoy the next few days and then??? Are you just going to start your round when you get back?

I AM on a WHATEVER plan, you are right!! Keep the body guessing!.. I still have several frozen syringes and I know I will do another round before too long, just have to decide when.

I so much want to enjoy the benefits of JUDDD, but for NOW it doesn't fit me.. gosh darnit!!..

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday, and a SAFE AND FUN 4th!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #1611

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quick check in before we leave. Eating is on plan - bought the Ezekiel bread today and put turkey breast, slice of low-fat mozzarella, tomato, and low-fat mayo. Then I added 0% GY and some blueberries. YUM and fits an E meal. Not sure about the rest of the day. Probably keep it S because it's going to be meat cooked on the grill and probably a salad.

Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend. Happy Fourth of July!!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #1612
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies,

Checking in one more time before I spend some time with the children. DH and I just had a great talk about the drinking. He is going to work on it. I said start with taking two days a week without drinking and the ultimate goal to drink only on the weekends. I told him I want him to be alive and well to see our sons through college and marriage, and the birth of their first and second babies if they choose to have kids He liked the idea, but he's much older than me so he was a little disturbed by living so long That's what he gets for marrying a young bride
Julie-So happy for 16 years of marriage. I hope that I make it that long...it truly is a choice and to continue to work on a happy beautiful marriage. My hubs and I have been through so much; I really hope that good times are coming. They certainly help with the bad times.
Deb-I heart your face. You are so awesome and motivating. I found something from a gal named "Just Jo". She practices IF/IE/LC...she's really motivating, but exercises something like 4-6 hours a day. Blows my brain. Do you remember our Irish friend, Sans? I miss her
Gracie-Hope all goes well this weekend Have someone hide the scale
Shari/Jan/Pati-How are y'all...today's a dd for me...I was going to try to not eat until supper, but DH brought me a plate of breakfast that I took 4 bites of and put the rest away for dinner...maybe unless something else catches my glance DH is such a good cook. It makes the DD bearable to know the longer I wait the better my food tastes. I swear it's true!
Love you all..just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
Old 07-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #1613
Major LCF Poster!

I found this and thought y'all might like it

Originally Posted by Garden View Post
You already know this, but I wanted to tell you:

YOU ARE AWESOME !!!

I need your inspiration. I don't have much more to lose, but it seems like the scale doesn't want to budge anymore than it already has. Ultimately would like to be 140.
Thanks Garden! I have an article that I think may interest you -- it was an eye opener for me:

Quote:
"Just Another Ten Pounds" or How to Know When Your Weight Loss is Over? by Dr. Berkley
Patients who undergo psychoanalysis engage with their psychiatrists on an intense basis, often for years. When the time comes for treatment to end, the therapist initiates a "termination phase": a time period that allows for examination of what has been accomplished and prepares the patient for separation. Here is a bit about termination from a psychiatry website:

"Most experienced psychotherapists are trained to start the termination process early — far earlier than most clients are probably used to or even comfortable with. Some therapists may start talking about it as far out as 10 or 12 sessions from the end (especially for longer-term therapy). This is a good thing. It gives you time to get comfortable with the idea..."

Weight loss practitioners could learn a thing or two from the psychotherapists. The decision to end weight loss is a complicated one and could benefit from a "termination phase". Rarely is there a natural conclusion to the process.

Here's what I find to be usual. The dieter, despite losing large amounts of weight, is not happy with the ultimate outcome. In our practice, patients move from active weight loss into what we call maintenance. At that point, our expectation is that the patient will stabilize at the weight they've reached. Often, it takes months for me to negotiate this transition simply because the patient is unwilling to give up his or her dream of losing "just another ten pounds". They generally use the same language, "I'd really like to lose another ten" or "I'd really like to get down just one more size". But despite the fact that they'd really like to do it, they often can't make it happen. This is just the reality. Unknown-4

When should we be happy with the weight we've lost and when should we push on for more? Here are a few thoughts on the subject:

•Most of us make the assumption that weight loss has an obvious end point. This may be a size or a scale number, but coupled with this goal is the belief that weight loss will bring physical happiness. In reality, the end of weight loss still leaves us with an imperfect body. Even the best and strongest weight loss never creates perfection.

•As weight loss continues, the body puts the brakes on. This is an ancient response that is intended to keep you from starving to death. If calories go down, the body simply responds by going into an efficiency mode and burning fewer calories on daily activities than it normally would. Eventually, the body can equilibrate to run on the calories you are giving it--even though you are dieting-- without losing more weight. We call this a "plateau" and it happens at varying times for different people. For women, a plateau often occurs at around 30 pounds of loss.

•Breaking through a plateau is possible but only if you get as tough as you can about following your diet rules 100%. Adding exercise at this point may help, as long as you do not depart from the diet at the same time.

•A JAMA study in 2005 showed that when 160 dieters were randomly assigned to varying diets the mean weight loss at one year was about 5 pounds. Dieters who have achieved weight losses in the 20 to 100 pound range generally don't appreciate how rare they are. These results are spectacular and should be applauded. Instead, we are often unhappy about not losing more.

•In my experience---and this is strictly anecdotal---the percent of people who hit a plateau and go on to successfully lose that last ten pounds or that one more dress size is about 10%. Once a dieter has been on a plateau for a month or more, they seem generally unable to get more loss. I'm not sure of the cause of this but my guess would be that it is a combination of bodily signals that prompt re-feeding and burn out with dieting.

So when should you consider being happy with the result you've achieved? And when should you stop being unhappy that you haven't achieved the perfect result?

•If you are within 10 to 20 pounds of where you hoped to be, but you're stuck,

•If you are trying to get to "normal" weight range on a BMI chart, but can't do it (never a good goal in my mind), but you're at a size you can certainly live with.

•If you've improved medical conditions that were related to your weight and feel a lot better but can't seem to lose any more.

•If you've lost significantly (10% or greater weight loss) but continuing to diet is causing you to feel badly about yourself and is leading to increasing frustration.

Remember that losing weight should be primarily about health. It is only peripherally about appearance. We reverse this order routinely and that's an error.

In short, if you've had a reasonable weight loss and you find yourself stuck on a plateau for a month or more, consider rewarding yourself for having nailed a month of maintenance. Lower your expectations and raise your self praise. Do this by working on maintaining your weight loss and developing a sense of pride about having lost what you did. If it is impossible to give up your "ten more pounds" dream, shift the dream into a different focus. Put yourself into maintenance with the idea of resting for a while. Let your body recuperate from its efforts but do that without backsliding. Pick a time in the future when you will make another concerted effort to finish the job, recognizing that the effort will have to involve a tough re-focus. If future efforts fail to work, be awed and amazed at your ability to stay at the weight you achieved. Learning how to maintain is the true skill and the most difficult one. Shift away from scale and size numbers and turn your attention toward creating a diet that fuels your body naturally and efficiently. Make this your next project and your lifelong goal.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #1614

Quote:
Hello ladies,

Checking in one more time before I spend some time with the children. DH and I just had a great talk about the drinking. He is going to work on it. I said start with taking two days a week without drinking and the ultimate goal to drink only on the weekends. I told him I want him to be alive and well to see our sons through college and marriage, and the birth of their first and second babies if they choose to have kids He liked the idea, but he's much older than me so he was a little disturbed by living so long That's what he gets for marrying a young bride
Julie-So happy for 16 years of marriage. I hope that I make it that long...it truly is a choice and to continue to work on a happy beautiful marriage. My hubs and I have been through so much; I really hope that good times are coming. They certainly help with the bad times.
Deb-I heart your face. You are so awesome and motivating. I found something from a gal named "Just Jo". She practices IF/IE/LC...she's really motivating, but exercises something like 4-6 hours a day. Blows my brain. Do you remember our Irish friend, Sans? I miss her
Gracie-Hope all goes well this weekend Have someone hide the scale
Shari/Jan/Pati-How are y'all...today's a dd for me...I was going to try to not eat until supper, but DH brought me a plate of breakfast that I took 4 bites of and put the rest away for dinner...maybe unless something else catches my glance DH is such a good cook. It makes the DD bearable to know the longer I wait the better my food tastes. I swear it's true!
Love you all..just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
YES!! I just posted in Jo's journal also, and I am dumbfounded that she exercises that much!! YIKES!.. I wonder if she has a job? She has done fantastic though, and I applaud her for that. I see she also eats one meal a day, and it is a doozy!!. Good for her!!!

I DO remember Sans!!! I am friends with her on FB, but she never posts anything, so I wonder how she is doing. She was great on here, and I miss her

Congrats on your talking with your hubby and at least voicing your concerns.. I sure wish my Momma would have done that years ago with my Dad... oh well..

Not to be too nosy but how much older is your hubs than you? I am 12 years older than mine...
Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #1615

Quote:
I found this and thought y'all might like it

Originally Posted by Garden View Post
You already know this, but I wanted to tell you:

YOU ARE AWESOME !!!

I need your inspiration. I don't have much more to lose, but it seems like the scale doesn't want to budge anymore than it already has. Ultimately would like to be 140.
Thanks Garden! I have an article that I think may interest you -- it was an eye opener for me:

Quote:
"Just Another Ten Pounds" or How to Know When Your Weight Loss is Over? by Dr. Berkley
Patients who undergo psychoanalysis engage with their psychiatrists on an intense basis, often for years. When the time comes for treatment to end, the therapist initiates a "termination phase": a time period that allows for examination of what has been accomplished and prepares the patient for separation. Here is a bit about termination from a psychiatry website:

"Most experienced psychotherapists are trained to start the termination process early — far earlier than most clients are probably used to or even comfortable with. Some therapists may start talking about it as far out as 10 or 12 sessions from the end (especially for longer-term therapy). This is a good thing. It gives you time to get comfortable with the idea..."

Weight loss practitioners could learn a thing or two from the psychotherapists. The decision to end weight loss is a complicated one and could benefit from a "termination phase". Rarely is there a natural conclusion to the process.

Here's what I find to be usual. The dieter, despite losing large amounts of weight, is not happy with the ultimate outcome. In our practice, patients move from active weight loss into what we call maintenance. At that point, our expectation is that the patient will stabilize at the weight they've reached. Often, it takes months for me to negotiate this transition simply because the patient is unwilling to give up his or her dream of losing "just another ten pounds". They generally use the same language, "I'd really like to lose another ten" or "I'd really like to get down just one more size". But despite the fact that they'd really like to do it, they often can't make it happen. This is just the reality. Unknown-4

When should we be happy with the weight we've lost and when should we push on for more? Here are a few thoughts on the subject:

•Most of us make the assumption that weight loss has an obvious end point. This may be a size or a scale number, but coupled with this goal is the belief that weight loss will bring physical happiness. In reality, the end of weight loss still leaves us with an imperfect body. Even the best and strongest weight loss never creates perfection.

•As weight loss continues, the body puts the brakes on. This is an ancient response that is intended to keep you from starving to death. If calories go down, the body simply responds by going into an efficiency mode and burning fewer calories on daily activities than it normally would. Eventually, the body can equilibrate to run on the calories you are giving it--even though you are dieting-- without losing more weight. We call this a "plateau" and it happens at varying times for different people. For women, a plateau often occurs at around 30 pounds of loss.

•Breaking through a plateau is possible but only if you get as tough as you can about following your diet rules 100%. Adding exercise at this point may help, as long as you do not depart from the diet at the same time.

•A JAMA study in 2005 showed that when 160 dieters were randomly assigned to varying diets the mean weight loss at one year was about 5 pounds. Dieters who have achieved weight losses in the 20 to 100 pound range generally don't appreciate how rare they are. These results are spectacular and should be applauded. Instead, we are often unhappy about not losing more.

•In my experience---and this is strictly anecdotal---the percent of people who hit a plateau and go on to successfully lose that last ten pounds or that one more dress size is about 10%. Once a dieter has been on a plateau for a month or more, they seem generally unable to get more loss. I'm not sure of the cause of this but my guess would be that it is a combination of bodily signals that prompt re-feeding and burn out with dieting.

So when should you consider being happy with the result you've achieved? And when should you stop being unhappy that you haven't achieved the perfect result?

•If you are within 10 to 20 pounds of where you hoped to be, but you're stuck,

•If you are trying to get to "normal" weight range on a BMI chart, but can't do it (never a good goal in my mind), but you're at a size you can certainly live with.

•If you've improved medical conditions that were related to your weight and feel a lot better but can't seem to lose any more.

•If you've lost significantly (10% or greater weight loss) but continuing to diet is causing you to feel badly about yourself and is leading to increasing frustration.

Remember that losing weight should be primarily about health. It is only peripherally about appearance. We reverse this order routinely and that's an error.

In short, if you've had a reasonable weight loss and you find yourself stuck on a plateau for a month or more, consider rewarding yourself for having nailed a month of maintenance. Lower your expectations and raise your self praise. Do this by working on maintaining your weight loss and developing a sense of pride about having lost what you did. If it is impossible to give up your "ten more pounds" dream, shift the dream into a different focus. Put yourself into maintenance with the idea of resting for a while. Let your body recuperate from its efforts but do that without backsliding. Pick a time in the future when you will make another concerted effort to finish the job, recognizing that the effort will have to involve a tough re-focus. If future efforts fail to work, be awed and amazed at your ability to stay at the weight you achieved. Learning how to maintain is the true skill and the most difficult one. Shift away from scale and size numbers and turn your attention toward creating a diet that fuels your body naturally and efficiently. Make this your next project and your lifelong goal.
VERY INTERESTING!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #1616
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi ladies. You guys are awesome sharing such personal stories to help another. This is why I love this bunch.

Jen - The only reason I don't drink often is because I personally have an addictive gene in me. As you can see it happens for me with food (which is why I'm battling now) as well as with alcohol. I have to set limits or I binge. Before I got pregnant with my DD 9 years ago, DH and I were having a really rocky time. Nope. Not even "rocky". We were on the verge of divorce. What did I turn to? You got it. Alcohol. I spent about 2 months drunk out of my arse! Literally to the point where my family, friends and even coworkers wanted to have an intervention with me because I was hitting lows that no one thought I would ever hit. My boss (who at the time could have fired me if he wanted to) sat me down and tore me up emotionally (he's like my father). I would walk in to work barely gotten any sleep from the night before and STILL drunk. Yea it was a pretty dark time in my life. With the help of the loved ones in my life I got through it. DH and I mended our relationship and it brought one of the best things in my life, my DD.
For this reason, I have to "limit" the days I drink. I'm the all or nothing type when it comes to alcohol. *sigh*

Just wanted to share with you guys
Old 07-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #1617
Big Yapper!!!!

Gracie - Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Your eating sounds on point. KUTGW and enjoy your new WOE.

Jen - We definitely are on the same schedule aren't we? Good luck with your down day. I find down days at work so much easier than when I am home. Like now. All I can think about is food! LOL It's already one and I have a busy day ahead so I should be ok. I will be having an English muffin with deli meat in a couple of hours. I'll also have some fruit and top my night with coffee. Here's hoping for a good clean and down day

Shari - Are you weighing in? I hope JUDDD is doing you well and you can keep going!!!! So glad to have others on the JUDDD wagon with me

Julie - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! 16 years Enjoy! Not sure if you're loading or have decided what to do but wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Deb - Hoping you find your way soon too. And if not, at best you aren't gaining and enjoying the way you are eating now so be it! Sometimes its what we need

Janice - Hopefully you are still feeling well! JUDDD too right? Have a fantastic weekend.

Not sure who said they thought I'd be in the 180s but not yet...Yesterday was my lowest 190 but it was also an up day. Maybe tomorrow? Who knows. I am not rushing it. Just enjoying myself is all!!!

So here are my #s
Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/2 ~ 191 (down day today)

Well, DH just left to shop for tomorrow. I am going to run around the city shopping and doing some stuff and at night my sister and I are taking our two younger ones to watch some fireworks at the park. Then at night I will be making one of our favorites to bbq...>MAMA BURGERS LOL (some with blue cheese too boot! )

Hopefully I get a lil' me time tomorrow so I can check in with you lovely ladies!
If not, have a great weekend and know you are all loved!

BE SAFE!!!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Hi ladies. You guys are awesome sharing such personal stories to help another. This is why I love this bunch.

Jen - The only reason I don't drink often is because I personally have an addictive gene in me. As you can see it happens for me with food (which is why I'm battling now) as well as with alcohol. I have to set limits or I binge. Before I got pregnant with my DD 9 years ago, DH and I were having a really rocky time. Nope. Not even "rocky". We were on the verge of divorce. What did I turn to? You got it. Alcohol. I spent about 2 months drunk out of my arse! Literally to the point where my family, friends and even coworkers wanted to have an intervention with me because I was hitting lows that no one thought I would ever hit. My boss (who at the time could have fired me if he wanted to) sat me down and tore me up emotionally (he's like my father). I would walk in to work barely gotten any sleep from the night before and STILL drunk. Yea it was a pretty dark time in my life. With the help of the loved ones in my life I got through it. DH and I mended our relationship and it brought one of the best things in my life, my DD.
For this reason, I have to "limit" the days I drink. I'm the all or nothing type when it comes to alcohol. *sigh*

Just wanted to share with you guys
Thank YOU Pati for sharing also.. I am so happy that you are where you are now, thank god! Look at the wonderful blessings you got out of this.. We live, we get through it and we are better people for having gone there..

I think we all might have some kind of addictive tendencies which is also why we are here.. I am thankful for all of you and how we can help each other..

Have a fantastic holiday!!!

Gracie you enjoy your weekend, and stay safe!..
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #1619

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Gracie - Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Your eating sounds on point. KUTGW and enjoy your new WOE.

Jen - We definitely are on the same schedule aren't we? Good luck with your down day. I find down days at work so much easier than when I am home. Like now. All I can think about is food! LOL It's already one and I have a busy day ahead so I should be ok. I will be having an English muffin with deli meat in a couple of hours. I'll also have some fruit and top my night with coffee. Here's hoping for a good clean and down day

Shari - Are you weighing in? I hope JUDDD is doing you well and you can keep going!!!! So glad to have others on the JUDDD wagon with me

Julie - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! 16 years Enjoy! Not sure if you're loading or have decided what to do but wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Deb - Hoping you find your way soon too. And if not, at best you aren't gaining and enjoying the way you are eating now so be it! Sometimes its what we need

Janice - Hopefully you are still feeling well! JUDDD too right? Have a fantastic weekend.

Not sure who said they thought I'd be in the 180s but not yet...Yesterday was my lowest 190 but it was also an up day. Maybe tomorrow? Who knows. I am not rushing it. Just enjoying myself is all!!!

So here are my #s
Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/2 ~ 191 (down day today)

Well, DH just left to shop for tomorrow. I am going to run around the city shopping and doing some stuff and at night my sister and I are taking our two younger ones to watch some fireworks at the park. Then at night I will be making one of our favorites to bbq...>MAMA BURGERS LOL (some with blue cheese too boot! )

Hopefully I get a lil' me time tomorrow so I can check in with you lovely ladies!
If not, have a great weekend and know you are all loved!

BE SAFE!!!!!
Thanks Pati, you are right!! I will figure it out! in the meantime I am not gaining.. that is a big plus!.. CONGRATS TO YOU!!! good loss!

MAMA BURGERS!!! sounds so good!!! Have fun with the family!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #1620
Major LCF Poster!

Okay...so I am addicted to our thread. I will definitely take that addiction over any others that I can think of that have gotten the better of me.

Pati-I am thankful that you shared that. I was in that place too when DH and I started dating. I was showing up to work after not sleeping...hung over and falling asleep at my desk. I even wrecked my car...Thank goodness no one got hurt, but I was drunk. I messed up my car and thought it would be a good idea to go pick up my children and drive them home in my condition. Thank goodness for my mother who said enoughs enough...you have children and pull your **** together. I think the only thing that slowed me down and got me back on course was my darling 4 year old Rory. He saved me I don't ever want to go back to that dark place...could be why I turned to food again.

This is such a good place to share and learn from everyone. Deb and Pati thanks for sharing I really needed to hear about the challenges and the danger that lies ahead when I drink. It is really good to remember and bring it back into perspective. I don't ever want to be there again.

Just finished my large coffee and feeling a little rumbly, but on a scale of 1-10 (10 being I have to eat or I will faint) I am at a 3 or a 4. So, I'll charge on and busy myself with things. I won't be on until after I eat this evening because of food porn lol
I also try to stay away from the television. too much food porn