Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #1531
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I had really bad stomach issues and pain on my left side. I had been on Nexium and that was the culprit. Take a look at any meds you are on. Once I stopped the nexium all the pain stopped too. I take papaya enzymes every single day to help ease my digestion and (knock on wood) I do not have acid reflux anymore. And I even had some adult beverages over the weekend and no reflux! Hope you get the tummy issues figured out
This is great advice Gracie!! I hope you continue to be acid reflux free!!!

Have a wonderful time at the lake this weekend on your extended stay! I am so encouraged that you could stick with THM while enjoying your weekends. I really need to get myself together and stick to something!!! I love the meals on THM, so really no excuse..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #1532
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Oh gosh, sorry to hear of your stomach issues.. I sure hope this gluten free way of eating will help you!! Please keep on posting, and let us know how it is going.. I have several friends at work who have gone gluten free because of this type of stomach pain, and they are doing fantastic!! I hope the same for you!
I hope it works too. The gluten free chex cereal and almond milk did me fine....I am shocked, I've been drinking almond milk for several months now but with raisin bran or cheerios but I know as of today it was the cereal. I will be buying chex for now on.
Glad to hear your friends are doing great on the gluten free diet, maybe there is hope
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #1533

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
This is great advice Gracie!! I hope you continue to be acid reflux free!!!

Have a wonderful time at the lake this weekend on your extended stay! I am so encouraged that you could stick with THM while enjoying your weekends. I really need to get myself together and stick to something!!! I love the meals on THM, so really no excuse..
I learned the hard way that Nexium didn't agree with me! I was in the hospital thinking it was my gall bladder or diverticultis. That was after they thought it was a bladder infection or muscle pull!!! RX Meds scare the poop out of me!

Thanks! I can't wait to just be there. Having some stress - DS broke up with his girlfriend of 15 months. They are only 15 but I feel so bad for him. I can tell he's having a hard time but she stopped being nice. Sucks for everyone!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #1534
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I had really bad stomach issues and pain on my left side. I had been on Nexium and that was the culprit. Take a look at any meds you are on. Once I stopped the nexium all the pain stopped too. I take papaya enzymes every single day to help ease my digestion and (knock on wood) I do not have acid reflux anymore. And I even had some adult beverages over the weekend and no reflux! Hope you get the tummy issues figured out
Not on any medication now, they tried many things but took me off all meds for tummy issues and trying different diets. So far today my stomach is not cramping......thank God. Maybe gluten free is the key.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Not on any medication now, they tried many things but took me off all meds for tummy issues and trying different diets. So far today my stomach is not cramping......thank God. Maybe gluten free is the key.
Did you ever try digestive enzymes? I buy mine at GNC and they're just papaya enzymes. They help and ease digestion. I take them before every meal, including coffee. They make a huge difference for me.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Did you ever try digestive enzymes? I buy mine at GNC and they're just papaya enzymes. They help and ease digestion. I take them before every meal, including coffee. They make a huge difference for me.
Okay I will look into those thanks for the tip....never heard of Papaya enzymes but as of this point I have to tell my Doc about all OTC meds I take. I hope he will okay it.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #1537

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Jan so glad to see you made it here! Seems like the GF cereal is working, hope it continues. Love having you here, did I say that already?

Pati~congrats hun...you're just a breath away from the 180's wow!!

Deb~good for you on being able to relax today. Enjoy!

Julie~glad you're able tor relax now. LOL at time apart from hubby, I'm a firm believer in space within relationships. I love my bf, but I'm a creature that needs time alone sometimes.

Gracie~yes, thankful that it's a short work week. Great plans you have for the holiday/weekend. Sorry to hear about your son and his girlfriend, yes they're young, but all relationships with S/O are the most important thing at that age! Hopefully he'll feel better with time and understanding it seems like it was best since she wasn't nice to him anymore.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Okay I will look into those thanks for the tip....never heard of Papaya enzymes but as of this point I have to tell my Doc about all OTC meds I take. I hope he will okay it.
Tell him it's just papaya and he should be fine. It's $10.99 at GNC for 240 of them and they taste yummy. I usually take 1-2 before each meal. If you watch for sales you can get them BOGO.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Jan so glad to see you made it here! Seems like the GF cereal is working, hope it continues. Love having you here, did I say that already?

Pati~congrats hun...you're just a breath away from the 180's wow!!

Deb~good for you on being able to relax today. Enjoy!

Julie~glad you're able tor relax now. LOL at time apart from hubby, I'm a firm believer in space within relationships. I love my bf, but I'm a creature that needs time alone sometimes.

Gracie~yes, thankful that it's a short work week. Great plans you have for the holiday/weekend. Sorry to hear about your son and his girlfriend, yes they're young, but all relationships with S/O are the most important thing at that age! Hopefully he'll feel better with time and understanding it seems like it was best since she wasn't nice to him anymore.
I know, I feel so bad for him. I couldn't sleep last night because I wanted to cry! I can't even imagine watching a marriage break up. This was only 2 young teenagers and I feel awful. I did really like her but I could tell lately that she wasn't acting very happy. Too young for that crap!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Tell him it's just papaya and he should be fine. It's $10.99 at GNC for 240 of them and they taste yummy. I usually take 1-2 before each meal. If you watch for sales you can get them BOGO.
Great!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #1541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hello ladies!!!

Excellent news. I am down and out of the 250's finally!!! This morning I saw 245.8. So excited. I don't weigh everyday so I won't be posting daily stats, but will weigh in weekly on Thursdays. Again, I don't count calories...I just guestimate and do approx. calorie counts which I am sure is wrong, but eating to satiety. Not because I want something in my mouth. Today is an UD so I'm drinking beer. Menu was:
b:scrambled eggs and sausage
l:small child sized burger no bun just lettuce, tomato, and pickles with mustard and ketchup
d:mac and cheese, half a hot dog, and bite of key lime pie with 2 beers so far

more to come I'm sure with the beer. Gotta get to my ud calories somehow

Shari: So excited that you are on the JUDDD bandwagon. I don't feel like a true JUDDD person, but I am totally loving the forgiveness the UD's provide. Good job on exercising during both..I really need to get on track with exercise. My friend and I are ride sharing...we are planning on working out after work 3-4 days per week. So excited to have a partner in crime
Gracie: I love absolutely love summer shandy
Pati: I'm so happy you are having the success you have been with JUDDD. You are an inspiration and happy for you!
Janice: Hi, love! So happy to meet you
Deb: I always have loved you...can you tell I'm drinking I am such a lover when I drink. It's the end of our quarter and I'm no where near goal sooooo bottom's up

Talk to y'all beautiful ladies tomorrow.
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 06-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #1542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hello ladies!!!

Excellent news. I am down and out of the 250's finally!!! This morning I saw 245.8. So excited. I don't weigh everyday so I won't be posting daily stats, but will weigh in weekly on Thursdays. Again, I don't count calories...I just guestimate and do approx. calorie counts which I am sure is wrong, but eating to satiety. Not because I want something in my mouth. Today is an UD so I'm drinking beer. Menu was:
b:scrambled eggs and sausage
l:small child sized burger no bun just lettuce, tomato, and pickles with mustard and ketchup
d:mac and cheese, half a hot dog, and bite of key lime pie with 2 beers so far

more to come I'm sure with the beer. Gotta get to my ud calories somehow

Shari: So excited that you are on the JUDDD bandwagon. I don't feel like a true JUDDD person, but I am totally loving the forgiveness the UD's provide. Good job on exercising during both..I really need to get on track with exercise. My friend and I are ride sharing...we are planning on working out after work 3-4 days per week. So excited to have a partner in crime
Gracie: I love absolutely love summer shandy
Pati: I'm so happy you are having the success you have been with JUDDD. You are an inspiration and happy for you!
Janice: Hi, love! So happy to meet you
Deb: I always have loved you...can you tell I'm drinking I am such a lover when I drink. It's the end of our quarter and I'm no where near goal sooooo bottom's up

Talk to y'all beautiful ladies tomorrow.
Oh Jen.. you always crack me up when you are drinking...

Love you too hon, congrats on doing so well!!!!.. Just keep it up!! one day at a time!.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #1543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning!! Woke up and just had to weigh myself again. My weight loss has kicked off again. I am ecstatic

Down another 2 lbs!!! Woot-woot!!! Even after drinking beer and wine last night. I am in disbelief, but I'll take it. So, today is a down day. I am having my vegaone protein shake now, because I'm hungry. Lunch will be a nice salad. Not sure what dinner will be, but I'm not really worried about. For the first time since I had the lapband surgery; I don't feel consumed or preoccupied with food. It's a weird and strange feeling. I felt this way for the first 2-3 weeks after I had the surgery. I could care less about food, then I started getting hungry and that feeling bothered me because the physical pain of hunger truly hurt. I would do anything to not feel that feeling again. I think I was just mentally picturing my stomach eating itself. So, I started eating more and more to the point where I was eating anything that tasted good and I could eat easily...mashed potatoes, ice cream, cream soups...you name it. I lost weight eating this way for 2 months...then, nothing not even an ounce for over 30 days. So, I stopped the madness and went back to my lapband book and noticed that I wasn't doing the main rule to success. Chew my food thoroughly and wait 30 seconds before taking another bite. Once I started doing that; a miracle happened. I was satisfied after 1/2 a cup of food most days at meal time. If I wanted more in a hour that was fine as long as I was truly hungry. That is when I stumbled across the IE threads that you ladies turned me onto. Then a light bulb lit...that is how I should eat. I hope that I can continue to be successful with the effortless JUDDD WOE. It's so easy for me because I allow myself wine and beer on ud's
Old 07-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #1544
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good Morning Loves!

Jen - FANTASTIC! JUDDD will work for you if you work it You are kicking bootay and taking names! I'm excited for you!
Loved your "love" post! Alcohol does make one all lovey dovey. LOL Man, I miss drinking! I haven't had anything since Easter weekend. But you can bet on it that I am getting hammered on Friday!!
BTW - I only count my down day calories to stay within the 500 cal limit. On up days, I just eat!

Janice - I pray that the stomach issues get resolved soon...You're being proactive which is a huge step in the right direction!

Gracie- I'm sorry for what your son is going through. I remember my son's HS GF break up. They had been together for quite some time. Things didn't pan out for them and the break up not only affect him. It affected the whole family! We were all very close. The one who took it the worse was DD who was 6 at the time. But in the end, it was for the better

Shari - How is JUDDD going for you?!?!? Today an up day or a down day?

Stina - Honey where are you?

Deb - love!

Juls - How are you today?

So I guess I can't be too "lax" (is that the word?) about what I eat. LOL Talk about a jump in weight on the scale and for once, I feel it emotionally? I have no idea why. I almost feel disappointed. I didn't keep that 190.5 long! I weighed in at 193 this morning!
Today is a down day and I am trying to figure out what did it? Was it the fact that I didn't make Sunday such a good down day? Was it that I over did it yesterday? Sodium? All the pineapple I ate? I need to stop obsessing and keep going! SOMEONE SLAP SOME SENSE INTO ME!

So here is what I want for July:

Goal - 185
Today's weight 193

Ok. Off to get "some" stuff done. Tomorrow's my Friday for this week!

BTW - Deb, I aced my midterm!

Last edited by 12yrslater; 07-01-2014 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #1545

Great job Jen!!! You are finding what works for you

Pati ~ DS seems to be okay. He is keeping himself very busy. He was with his GF since March 2013 so it's been quite a while for such youngsters. We are now friends with her family too so this is a bit awkward. We were at their house on Saturday for her older sister's grad party. But at the party his GF didn't even talk to him or US for that matter. I found it disrespectful and I was pizzed she didn't speak to him. She used to be so loving and fun, and now she is the total opposite. I believe everything happens for a reason and hopefully this was a good learning experience or him. He's just such a nice, kind kid and doesn't deserve this BS

As for me, yesterday was a good on-plan day. I kept it an S day just because it was easier that way. I'm going to throw in at lease one E meal today. Probably oatmeal with berries and some greek yogurt. I can't tell if I'm losing. I need to go try on a pair of jeans and see if they are any looser I'm trying to rid myself of the scale addiction. And PLEASE can somebody get my fat arse off the couch at night and push me to exercise??? I just don't feel like it! BLECH
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 07-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #1546
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Great job Jen!!! You are finding what works for you

Pati ~ DS seems to be okay. He is keeping himself very busy. He was with his GF since March 2013 so it's been quite a while for such youngsters. We are now friends with her family too so this is a bit awkward. We were at their house on Saturday for her older sister's grad party. But at the party his GF didn't even talk to him or US for that matter. I found it disrespectful and I was pizzed she didn't speak to him. She used to be so loving and fun, and now she is the total opposite. I believe everything happens for a reason and hopefully this was a good learning experience or him. He's just such a nice, kind kid and doesn't deserve this BS

As for me, yesterday was a good on-plan day. I kept it an S day just because it was easier that way. I'm going to throw in at lease one E meal today. Probably oatmeal with berries and some greek yogurt. I can't tell if I'm losing. I need to go try on a pair of jeans and see if they are any looser I'm trying to rid myself of the scale addiction. And PLEASE can somebody get my fat arse off the couch at night and push me to exercise??? I just don't feel like it! BLECH
BTDT with the awkwardness of the family and the ex. Not the greatest but a good learning experience none-the-less. At best, this will help him with the next one
(Not something you want to hear - but my DS hasn't gotten into another serious relationship since that one in HS. He is in his last year of college ) He is enjoying "life tho"....

BTW - When you find some to kick you to get to working out, will you send them my way too?!?!?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
BTDT with the awkwardness of the family and the ex. Not the greatest but a good learning experience none-the-less. At best, this will help him with the next one
(Not something you want to hear - but my DS hasn't gotten into another serious relationship since that one in HS. He is in his last year of college ) He is enjoying "life tho"....

BTW - When you find some to kick you to get to working out, will you send them my way too?!?!?
What is BTDT?

I would be happy if he didn't get into another serious relationship. He needs to be a boy and enjoy sports and his friends. I really did like his girlfriend but she was a bit controlling. These should be the most fun years before adulthood takes over. I just want him to be happy with whatever choices he makes. It is very sad though. I don't know how she is doing but he seems to be doing okay. I think he knew it wasn't healthy anymore.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #1548

On my THM Facebook page they are doing a NO WEIGH JULY challenge!!! You are supposed to weigh and measure today, July 1st and then again on either July 31st or August 1st You are to just follow the eating plan and not stress. I'm skeered We have a long 4th of July weekend and then VACATION July 18-27th. It does sound like it would do my MIND good though!!!

Anybody in??? DEB????
Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #1549
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What is BTDT?

I would be happy if he didn't get into another serious relationship. He needs to be a boy and enjoy sports and his friends. I really did like his girlfriend but she was a bit controlling. These should be the most fun years before adulthood takes over. I just want him to be happy with whatever choices he makes. It is very sad though. I don't know how she is doing but he seems to be doing okay. I think he knew it wasn't healthy anymore.
been there done that

Smart boy!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #1550
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
On my THM Facebook page they are doing a NO WEIGH JULY challenge!!! You are supposed to weigh and measure today, July 1st and then again on either July 31st or August 1st You are to just follow the eating plan and not stress. I'm skeered We have a long 4th of July weekend and then VACATION July 18-27th. It does sound like it would do my MIND good though!!!

Anybody in??? DEB????
Old 07-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #1551

Quote:
LMAO!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #1552

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM I don't know If my curiousity would let me stay off the scale for a whole month!!!.. yikes!.. It sure is a good idea, but knowing me, I would peek.

Gracie, my son also went through this and came out fine.. as they all do!.. Learning about life!! I do agree that it was rude for her not to talk to him or you guys.. but girls that age? BLAH..

Pati, If I could give you a swift kick I would.. but nawwwwwwwwww you are doing fine and it is only a blip!! You just keep on going and do what you do. It will come back down! CONGRATS!! on your midterm!!

Jen, you are doing awesome, and now that you have the SECRET, just keep it up!!.. I love how excited you are now!..

Jan, hope you are still pain free today!..

Julie, I know you are on STAYCATION at a nice resort, so eat up and enjoy! Whatever you may gain, will be gone soon! IF AT ALL??? Lucky you!!

Shari, hope JUDDD and IE are going well!!..

Yeah Stina, where are you?

DOG?.. arf arf!.. come see us!..

I am kinda doing an alt type of day, up and down.. ( too skeered of JUDDD)..

Still doing my S and E meals... but alt them. We shall see! I kinda like the more empty feelings of an E meal, but love my S meal steaks!..

Last edited by Deb294evr; 07-01-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 07-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #1553
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Pati, If I could give you a swift kick I would.. but nawwwwwwwwww you are doing fine and it is only a blip!! You just keep on going and do what you do. It will come back down! CONGRATS!! on your midterm!!
The kick was regarding the working out not the "blip"
Old 07-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #1554

Quote:
The kick was regarding the working out not the "blip"
OH OK THEN!!! need a good kick in the rear gif..
Old 07-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #1555

Ladies, happy Tuesday!!

I love coming in here and reading the wonderful posts..such a loving thread. And no, I haven't been drinking

Jen~girl!! You cracked me up with your 'love' post. The feeling is mutual. I'm sooo happy that you're back in a good place with eating and weight loss with JUDDD. How exciting that you're now firmly into a new decade, but not for long!

Pati~I've been going through reading JUDDD threads again and that part, the great gain at times, does happen as the body is trying to hold on to every ounce being squeezed out of your cells as you're losing weight..but it's just water filling out your cells again which will be released soon. No way you ate up to 3 lbs worth of food in one day...this book I'm reading reminded me of how the scale 'lie' based upon true fat loss. It's recommended to use scales that show the break down of actual fat loss and water percentages for a more accurate reading. I bet you're see a nice drop after today's DD. You're doing good, don't doubt it. Yes, this is a new month to enter a new decade, you got this hun!

Gracie~glad Ricky is doing better...how mean of the ex to not even speak to him or you all! Wow, maybe she's going through that teen-girl moody thing that I hear girls are more prone to show... I don't have any girls you know, but the moms I hang out with are always talking about how they're having to adjust to their daughter's now moodiness/temper since becoming a teenager...but the difference is that they check them quickly...no disrespect allowed so I'm not excusing her rude behavior. Like you said, it seem it's for the best. Ohhh kayyy... a month w/o the scale?! Yikes! As much as I'd love to do this, my curiosity would kill me especially since I'm starting a revised WOE. I need to make sure I'm doing it right..or at least that's the excuse I'm telling myself. Are you going to do it?

Deb~LOL @ being skeered of JUDDD. I frankly was very hesitant about trying this again which is why I needed the 'companion' books I've been reading to keep coaching me on. Like I said before, unintentionally it seems I was lead this way again so gonna give it a try. I can see how THM is a very good WOE and necessary to know how to eat 'in the real world' (as I like to call it LOL).... I at your calling for Dog/Irene. I miss her too..wonder how she's doing??

Jan~how are you today? Hope Gracie's recommendation works for you.

I'm down almost 2 pounds after yesterday's DD. Today is an UD and I'm enjoying it thus far. My goal is to make it into the next decade down which I seem to always derail when I'm very close.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #1556
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OH OK THEN!!! need a good kick in the rear gif..
Take your pick!!

Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #1557

Old 07-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #1558

OK Shari! this is it, you girls are making me want to do JUDDD more and more each day.. oh and the fact that I have read every recent JUDDD thread there is ... yep that is what I did over the weekend. I love to read about things, and Carly's journal, WOW she has done great!!! So has most of the JUDDD long timers.. UGH, why am I skeered???

Probably because I resist 500 cals on HCG, so what makes me think I can do 500 cals on JUDDD? Geeze my mind is all over the place...

NOW as for YOU SHARI!.. WOW!! congrats!!!!

All of your success is being watched!.. hehehe....
Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #1559

Quote:
Take your pick!!

OMG!!! love them all!.. So cute!!..
Old 07-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #1560

You ladies are totally right about girls that age BUT I will not put up with being disrespected (or my son for that matter). My 11 year old already shows signs of what her teenage years are gonna be like but she better never disrespect an adult!!! I can understand not talking to her boyfriend if she's mad, but no excuse whatsoever for being rude to an adult. We get numerous compliments on how respectful Ricky is all the time. He holds car doors for women, always addresses adults correctly, and always offers to lend a helping hand. I hope he stays that way!!!

As for the scale, it would be very hard but it would also be a nice break. It will probably kill me to not look I would have to make DH hide it because I know I have zero control
Closed Thread