Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #1411
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
This diet sounds difficult

Someone just staple my mouth shut and I won't have to put too much thought into it :P

Seriously, you all are my lil' heroes! I never even read the Atkins books (that I could recall) and if I bought them, I went straight to the "how to do the diet" section.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #1412
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Well, looky at what just came
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THM.jpg (39.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #1413

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
This diet sounds difficult

Someone just staple my mouth shut and I won't have to put too much thought into it :P

Seriously, you all are my lil' heroes! I never even read the Atkins books (that I could recall) and if I bought them, I went straight to the "how to do the diet" section.
LOL I think it is all the letters.. Just have to figure out what to eat, and then do it. I am a work in progress with this for SURE..
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #1414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Well, looky at what just came
Looks like mine!..
Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Looks like mine!..
I have my little sticky tabs ready for the good stuff!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #1416

Quote:
I have my little sticky tabs ready for the good stuff!
Now that is the fun part of a real book!! Excited to hear your take on it too!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #1417

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Yay Gracie, glad you got your book today! NOOOO, say it isn't so...TOM already again? It's too soon! UGH!

Deb, your description of it being between LC and WW is what I would love in a WOE. I know that's why I cheat is because I sometimes just want other stuff than LC, but if I know how to eat it without feeling I've blown LC then that could help tremendously! Congrats on your loss!!

Stina~hoping your visit goes well. So glad you visited us, keep us posted

Julie~you're blowing my mind, congrats on the losses!! You're doing fantastic and your body is loving you right now. Keep it up!

Pati~shut the front door!! You're doing sooo well, JUDDD is your thing so as long as you can keep with it, do it! Girl, thinking of doing a round is always in the back of my mind LOL. After reading my journal, it's full of times I kept switching back and forth trying different things and like you said, they all work if you follow the plan. So whatever mood you're in, do JUDDD one week, protocol later, LC later LOL, just gotta follow the plans for the best success.

I'm down again today, not much... 0.6 oz, but I'd expected to see the scale shift up since adding exercise. I was tempted to not weigh since I said I only wanted to weigh once a week, but I need to 'see' if Atkins is working again. I truly think the difference is the combo, water + exercise, because I'm eating the same things I've been eating. Ohh, I just remembered too as I'm typing that I'm probably releasing pounds from going out last Friday, so now my body is adjusting to what it would've been had I stayed OP. Ok, no complaints from me LOL.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Yay Gracie, glad you got your book today! NOOOO, say it isn't so...TOM already again? It's too soon! UGH!

Deb, your description of it being between LC and WW is what I would love in a WOE. I know that's why I cheat is because I sometimes just want other stuff than LC, but if I know how to eat it without feeling I've blown LC then that could help tremendously! Congrats on your loss!!

Stina~hoping your visit goes well. So glad you visited us, keep us posted

Julie~you're blowing my mind, congrats on the losses!! You're doing fantastic and your body is loving you right now. Keep it up!

Pati~shut the front door!! You're doing sooo well, JUDDD is your thing so as long as you can keep with it, do it! Girl, thinking of doing a round is always in the back of my mind LOL. After reading my journal, it's full of times I kept switching back and forth trying different things and like you said, they all work if you follow the plan. So whatever mood you're in, do JUDDD one week, protocol later, LC later LOL, just gotta follow the plans for the best success.

I'm down again today, not much... 0.6 oz, but I'd expected to see the scale shift up since adding exercise. I was tempted to not weigh since I said I only wanted to weigh once a week, but I need to 'see' if Atkins is working again. I truly think the difference is the combo, water + exercise, because I'm eating the same things I've been eating. Ohh, I just remembered too as I'm typing that I'm probably releasing pounds from going out last Friday, so now my body is adjusting to what it would've been had I stayed OP. Ok, no complaints from me LOL.
Yes Shari, so far this is exactly like a combination of LC and WW. It works well for my wandering brain..

You are doing FANTASTIC!!! Sounds like your body is responding the exercise and water. I never ever have a problem with water, I drink it constantly, but exercise is a challenge right now.. Keep doing what you are doing!!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #1419
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Shari-that's great news!! The water and exercise will certainly help!! And it's all part of a healthy life in general too!! You're doing wonderful! Yay!!! LC is working well for me right now too. Go figure? It wasn't working the last few attempts I've made at it. Or bodies are crazy things!!

Deb-I hope you're enjoying your new options. It's always exciting to mix it up!!
I eat the fat free GY on P2, but as soon as I'm off it I enjoy the full fat kind. I think it's my magic food . Thanks for the support! It's nice to be on this side of things for a change!

Gracie-my regular body temps were in the 95's in the morning! they're up to 97.7-98 most mornings now, and all through my p2 even, which is really encouraging! I did several months of refeeding and Matt stone work, and with the weight gain came higher temps and theoretically a faster metabolism. Whatever the case, I'm happy! Hope HTM works out well for you!! Happy reading!

Pati-I never make it all the way through books. I did read the whole Atkins diet revolution book before I started that plan 11 years ago, and it was very helpful understanding the big picture, but I did it more from a skeptical, this couldn't possibly work, approach. But, it did! You've been rocking JUDDD!! It's nice when you find a plan that works for you!! Keep it up

Did 45 minutes of weights at the GYm. :exercise: yay! Hit my 3 workouts for the week so far. I'm looking forward to some rest though.

Scary thing happened this morning. Our kitten fell from the upstairs, through the railing, about 15 feet!! he's only 7 weeks old. But landed on his feet. He got the wind knocked out of him, and has been sleeping a lot since then. He did eat and jumped in the litterbox, pottied and jumped back out without any sign of pain. We're cautiously optimistic that he's fine. In reading online, apparently cats and kittens fall great distances a lot and are rarely injured. It's been very upsetting and he's such a sweet little guy, we're all worried about him. So far, so good. poor little guy .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 06-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Shari-that's great news!! The water and exercise will certainly help!! And it's all part of a healthy life in general too!! You're doing wonderful! Yay!!! LC is working well for me right now too. Go figure? It wasn't working the last few attempts I've made at it. Or bodies are crazy things!!

Deb-I hope you're enjoying your new options. It's always exciting to mix it up!!
I eat the fat free GY on P2, but as soon as I'm off it I enjoy the full fat kind. I think it's my magic food . Thanks for the support! It's nice to be on this side of things for a change!

Gracie-my regular body temps were in the 95's in the morning! they're up to 97.7-98 most mornings now, and all through my p2 even, which is really encouraging! I did several months of refeeding and Matt stone work, and with the weight gain came higher temps and theoretically a faster metabolism. Whatever the case, I'm happy! Hope HTM works out well for you!! Happy reading!

Pati-I never make it all the way through books. I did read the whole Atkins diet revolution book before I started that plan 11 years ago, and it was very helpful understanding the big picture, but I did it more from a skeptical, this couldn't possibly work, approach. But, it did! You've been rocking JUDDD!! It's nice when you find a plan that works for you!! Keep it up

Did 45 minutes of weights at the GYm. :exercise: yay! Hit my 3 workouts for the week so far. I'm looking forward to some rest though.

Scary thing happened this morning. Our kitten fell from the upstairs, through the railing, about 15 feet!! he's only 7 weeks old. But landed on his feet. He got the wind knocked out of him, and has been sleeping a lot since then. He did eat and jumped in the litterbox, pottied and jumped back out without any sign of pain. We're cautiously optimistic that he's fine. In reading online, apparently cats and kittens fall great distances a lot and are rarely injured. It's been very upsetting and he's such a sweet little guy, we're all worried about him. So far, so good. poor little guy .
So sorry about your kitty!! that is very scary, but those little guys have 9 lives!!! Glad he is ok!!

I am loving the options, eating this way is awesome, but the question is WILL I LOSE WEIGHT?.. Time will tell!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Deb-so interested in this LC/WW WOE...Please share how you are doing and what you are eating. Reading some of the stuff you posted made my brain hurt. Believe it or not, since I haven't seen any loss in 3 wks my doctor said to go onto a LC/Atkins diet for a few days a month. She said it works for people with my surgery..go figure. So, I'm down to 20 net carbs starting tomorrow through next week.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Deb-so interested in this LC/WW WOE...Please share how you are doing and what you are eating. Reading some of the stuff you posted made my brain hurt. Believe it or not, since I haven't seen any loss in 3 wks my doctor said to go onto a LC/Atkins diet for a few days a month. She said it works for people with my surgery..go figure. So, I'm down to 20 net carbs starting tomorrow through next week.
OH Jen that is great!! LC or Atkins should work for you if you can do it!!.. I love Atkins, but I was not losing, because for me, I have such a hard time giving up my summer fruit, and other things that I love.

With this new plan, it is mainly just broken up into meals. You get to choose whether you will eat a LC meal, or a Lower fat, mod carb meal. As long as they are 3 hours apart, you can do either one. They even have the option of doing LC and LF ( kind of HCG ish) meal if you want to a few times a week.

I split my day up eating 3 meals, whichever I am in the mood for. I swear this week is the only time I have not been hungry for snacks, or eating too much. It works for me! I do a LC breakfast the past 2 days, then the LF/Mod Carb lunch and dinner. Then I am satisfied enough to be done for the day!. So far so good!

IF I could just stick to LC and 20 or less carbs a day, I sure would!! But since I can't or don't really want to right now, this is so much better for ME..

I wish you the best Jen!! YOU CAN DO IT!!..
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #1423
Major LCF Poster!

I just got caught up with all of y'all's progress...wow, so many great things happening here. I love the cliff notes you provided. So simple to follow. I can do any WOE for a few days a month...teehee!

My doc recommends the small plate with half protein 1/4 veggies 1/4 starch/carbs...just small portions and I have definitely seen a difference in how much I eat just by eating slower. Well, I'm forced to eat slower If I eat to fast...it comes right back up

I'm really interested to understand all of the science behind the WOE you are reviewing now so please post what you are eating so I can wrap my mind around what good looks like
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 06-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #1424

Just an example of my day today:

Breakfast - Steak, Green beans and almonds. Greek yogurt. ( yes breakfast!!) This is an "S" meal, or satisfying. Low Carb, doesn't matter how much fat.

Lunch: Chicken breast in a low fat/low carb tortilla with lettuce and mustard, then carrots, kidney beans and brown rice on the side. Greek Yogurt and fruit. This is an "E" meal which is low fat and moderate carb.. ( they say try to keep it below 45 carbs per meal) Mine was 37 carbs net after fiber.

Dinner: Another "E" meal. Boca burger on a Low Fat Low Carb bun. ( they have not talked about these yet, but I don't care because it is low fat. ) Then I had my beloved watermelon, and cherries. A bit high on the fruit carbs, but again, I don't care.. I will work my way down to lower carbs as I learn more about what works for me.

I have NO hunger. None. I am satisfied because I have had whatever I wanted today, each within those 3 meals.

I can imagine that you are forced into portion contol with your band. This is great!! I am having to watch portions, and I can say I am doing pretty darn good!!

The plan your doctor gave you sounds great too!!..
Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #1425
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my! That sounds amazing. Are you counting calories as well? I cannot remember if that is part of the tracking. Everything you listed sounds very healthy and satisfying. You always do well with whole foods and little restriction

I'm really in the mood for some ribs and steak. One of y'alls recipes had me drooling!

My doctor is completely against me eating fruit at night. She also said to pair it with protein...go figure! She is also fine with me eating any kind of salad dressing I want and she said if I need to eat during the day to eat steamed green veggies. So interesting since I'm the one that reaches for the baked chips or cereal bar (carb junkie here).
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #1426
Major LCF Poster!

Oh one more thing...doc said eat like a queen for breakfast, princess for lunch, and pauper for dinner...
Old 06-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #1427

Quote:
Oh one more thing...doc said eat like a queen for breakfast, princess for lunch, and pauper for dinner...
YES! i totally agree with this, that is why I have my big meal in the morning.

No calorie counting on this plan. They think it would make it just another DIET.. so I don't count cals. I did just happen to check it today and it was around 1600.

The authors also say to pair fruit with protein. In fact they say to have protein at every meal or snack. I love protein, so no problem!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:

My doctor is completely against me eating fruit at night. She also said to pair it with protein...go figure! .
I read that somewhere else too, I think another forum or maybe having to do with another book. I'm inclined to believe it since I haven't lost the weight I should be on the hcg P2. I've never been a fruit eater and now that I am on this diet plan, I don't think my bod knows quite what to do. However, have to wait until next grocery shopping trip to rectify that.

(Should clarify, not losing the weight because hungry and eating off protocol, but I still think it's due to fruit issue. Yes, could give it up, but don't want to be on LC totally. )

Sharon
Old 06-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Thanks Deb, Shari, Julie, and Gracie for your input to my question about HCG 800 Calorie plan. I found gobs of info and have ordered Sonia Russell's book. Think I'm going that direction.

Deb, I wonder if my info about fruit and protein came from your cliff notes. If so, at least I retained it.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #1430
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So sorry about your kitty!! that is very scary, but those little guys have 9 lives!!! Glad he is ok!!

I am loving the options, eating this way is awesome, but the question is WILL I LOSE WEIGHT?.. Time will tell!
He's up running round now, like nothing happened! Whew!! scary!
You're doing so well and sound excited again about your plan! WTG!! yay!!

I have a feeling my losses are gonna stop. I lifted today am already a bit sore from it. I also tried some low carb bread with PB and sf jelly on it today and it didn't sit well with me. Haven't tried the bread or PB this round, so not sure which one is the culprit. And, I forgot to take my thyroid meds today . So, I have a feeling I will be up from my nice low 151. Oh well, the weight training alone would cause a bump. We'll see.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #1431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Thanks Deb, Shari, Julie, and Gracie for your input to my question about HCG 800 Calorie plan. I found gobs of info and have ordered Sonia Russell's book. Think I'm going that direction.

Deb, I wonder if my info about fruit and protein came from your cliff notes. If so, at least I retained it.
Sharon, glad you found the threads and info!! I don't have Sonia's book but I did do the Omaha and Dr. Lipman's versions. Good luck!!

Yes, I have heard the protein with carbs since Atkins, but now this just clicked in my brain for some reason.. hard tellin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
He's up running round now, like nothing happened! Whew!! scary!
You're doing so well and sound excited again about your plan! WTG!! yay!!

I have a feeling my losses are gonna stop. I lifted today am already a bit sore from it. I also tried some low carb bread with PB and sf jelly on it today and it didn't sit well with me. Haven't tried the bread or PB this round, so not sure which one is the culprit. And, I forgot to take my thyroid meds today . So, I have a feeling I will be up from my nice low 151. Oh well, the weight training alone would cause a bump. We'll see.
Well Julie you have been through all this enough to know what to look for and why it is happening.. No sweat!!.. you are doing fantastic!

So glad your kitty is doing fine!..
Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 AM   #1432

I did not weigh this morning and will tomorrow. On this sort of plan, there will NOT be a daily loss, that is for sure.. I just enjoy eating again.. and not feeling so cornfused.. and undecided on which way I want to eat.. LC or WW?

THIS IS THE BEST of both worlds for me.. Thank you Gracie, for bringing to this thread..

Now I just have to hope for a downward weekly scale and I will be very happy..

As you can see, I am not as into work right now as I should be.. can't help it I am burning out this month..

Have a wonderful Friday all!!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #1433
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I did not weigh this morning and will tomorrow. On this sort of plan, there will NOT be a daily loss, that is for sure.. I just enjoy eating again.. and not feeling so cornfused.. and undecided on which way I want to eat.. LC or WW?

THIS IS THE BEST of both worlds for me.. Thank you Gracie, for bringing to this thread..

Now I just have to hope for a downward weekly scale and I will be very happy..

As you can see, I am not as into work right now as I should be.. can't help it I am burning out this month..

Have a wonderful Friday all!!
You have been working a LOT!! Taking some time to refocus is a good thing . I'm so happy you're happy!! Getting our head around slow losses after hcg is always a challenge! I think you will be able to really live life while still losing!! All good my friend!

I am a psychic! I'm up to 153 today, so bumped up 1.5. It's ok. I'm not sure I want to stay LC anyway. I've been debating it. I believe the LC lifestyle has so many advantages, but I also know for me and my slow thyroid and usually slow metabolsm there is some thought that LC slows you even more. I'm not sure I completely buy it, but in the back of my mind after taking nearly a year of refeeding to build my metabolism back up, part of me is afraid to undo any of that "speed" by staying LC. Does that make any sense? I was toying with it yesterday. If LC would continue helping me lose 1-2lbs a week, it would certainly be easier than a round of hcg!! I just wonder if it would continue working for me or if I'd adapt quickly to it again and not lose thorough it? Also, I'd like to maintain with some carbs in there and don't know if I can adjust all of that again? I'm crazy or cray-cray according to my girls .

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing! but, I like how I feel lifting again, even if there is a lot of soreness. That's muscles that are sore! which is fine with me. Good to know they're there! I'll probably rotate my carbs throughout the week and weekend and stick with my plan for another round in a few weeks.

Hope you're all doing well!! Happy Friday (or weekend to you Pati!)
Old 06-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #1434

TGIF!!! Thank goodness the weekend is upon us! I started reading the book last night and got to about page 50. It's a big book - the pages are big and it's 640 pages long So far it makes a lot of sense. But, most diet books make sense to me. It's actually following the diet that proves difficult! TOM is due so I'm bloaty, pissy, and achy - YAYYYY I'm going to start following THM as best I can until I get a good grasp on it. It's actually pretty dang simple.

Deb ~ You're welcome! I'm glad it's something you like. I need to go buy some brown rice, sweet potatoes, and quinoa. Sounds like a real treat!

Julie ~ The chapter I was just reading was talking about how 100% low-carb for a long time messes with your thyroid. They say we should eat from all the food groups. There's also a lot of bible references to the food that we should eat. Here's what they say:
" A carb conscious approach to food, rather than a constant low-carb diet, is crucial to long term health because most of us cannot constantly live on a very low-carb diet and remain healthy. It is not long before glycogen (stored glucose in the liver and muscles) becomes depleted and stays that way. This can lead to lack of energy. Also, long term, very low-carb diets can sometimes lead to other complications like a more sluggish thyroid and metabolism. This is why our plan works. We promote an inclusive diet, rather than exclusive. It includes all 3 essential macronutrients, fats-protein-carbs, even certain amounts of starchy carbs. We can enjoy all 3 and stay slim"

Shari ~ How's it going today? Stupid TOM is knocking on my door and I can't wait to send that player to your house He's really getting old!!

Sharrs ~ Good luck on the 800 calorie protocol!!! It's much more sustainable than the 500.

Pati ~ Hope you check in today!

Jenmay ~ The book is definitely interesting. I like reading the science behind things and it does make a lot of sense. I've been told by my homeopathic doctor that my thyroid was sluggish. I'm thinking it may have been from doing low-carb. But, who knows? I'll let you know how it works for me.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 06-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #1435

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Happy Friday ladies!! YAY! I'm quite busy today at work, but stuffing my face now with lunch (gyro salad ) before my next appt....

Sharon~you're welcome, we understand the challenge with sticking to protocol very much. Yes, hopefully the 800 cal plan will work better, it certainly provides more options!

Jen~good seeing, good luck with LC!

Julie~I didn't weigh today just because of this/...I expect the scale to go up one day because of the added exercise daily, and because it's been going down daily I thought in my mind that today might be that day, so no scale. I think the only true plan in which you'll see consistent downward movement on the scale is hcg...everything else varies from day to day. The beauty of this thread with the support here is that we all switch around so it's 'normal' to not know what you're doing any given day! It's a day to day, or week to week process, but I do feel that anything takes a lengthened commitment to get the best results.

Gracie and Deb~love that you're both trying it and it seems like it truly could be a very good learning lesson on how to eat anything. You won me with the mention of sweet potatoes, of course Very interesting that it mentions low carb can cause these type of side effects...wow! I know that I want to move up the carb ladder this time, and am hoping to do this once I'm back into a more comfortable weight but maybe I should reconsider. I always want to use the premise of low carb as my main eating style but not eat only this for life...I like what I'm reading from you two... Yes, thanks!!

And Gracie, you can keep TOM for an extra hump in the hay for all I care
Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #1436
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
TGIF!!! Thank goodness the weekend is upon us! I started reading the book last night and got to about page 50. It's a big book - the pages are big and it's 640 pages long So far it makes a lot of sense. But, most diet books make sense to me. It's actually following the diet that proves difficult! TOM is due so I'm bloaty, pissy, and achy - YAYYYY I'm going to start following THM as best I can until I get a good grasp on it. It's actually pretty dang simple.

Deb ~ You're welcome! I'm glad it's something you like. I need to go buy some brown rice, sweet potatoes, and quinoa. Sounds like a real treat!

Julie ~ The chapter I was just reading was talking about how 100% low-carb for a long time messes with your thyroid. They say we should eat from all the food groups. There's also a lot of bible references to the food that we should eat. Here's what they say:
" A carb conscious approach to food, rather than a constant low-carb diet, is crucial to long term health because most of us cannot constantly live on a very low-carb diet and remain healthy. It is not long before glycogen (stored glucose in the liver and muscles) becomes depleted and stays that way. This can lead to lack of energy. Also, long term, very low-carb diets can sometimes lead to other complications like a more sluggish thyroid and metabolism. This is why our plan works. We promote an inclusive diet, rather than exclusive. It includes all 3 essential macronutrients, fats-protein-carbs, even certain amounts of starchy carbs. We can enjoy all 3 and stay slim"

Shari ~ How's it going today? Stupid TOM is knocking on my door and I can't wait to send that player to your house He's really getting old!!

Sharrs ~ Good luck on the 800 calorie protocol!!! It's much more sustainable than the 500.

Pati ~ Hope you check in today!

Jenmay ~ The book is definitely interesting. I like reading the science behind things and it does make a lot of sense. I've been told by my homeopathic doctor that my thyroid was sluggish. I'm thinking it may have been from doing low-carb. But, who knows? I'll let you know how it works for me.
Thanks for sharing this!! It bolsters what I've seen in my own experience. I'm looking int ways to rotate my carbs and calories in maintenance. Variety! Great info! Thanks!
And at your Tom description! Hope you can work your way through that big book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Friday ladies!! YAY! I'm quite busy today at work, but stuffing my face now with lunch (gyro salad ) before my next appt....

Sharon~you're welcome, we understand the challenge with sticking to protocol very much. Yes, hopefully the 800 cal plan will work better, it certainly provides more options!

Jen~good seeing, good luck with LC!

Julie~I didn't weigh today just because of this/...I expect the scale to go up one day because of the added exercise daily, and because it's been going down daily I thought in my mind that today might be that day, so no scale. I think the only true plan in which you'll see consistent downward movement on the scale is hcg...everything else varies from day to day. The beauty of this thread with the support here is that we all switch around so it's 'normal' to not know what you're doing any given day! It's a day to day, or week to week process, but I do feel that anything takes a lengthened commitment to get the best results.

Gracie and Deb~love that you're both trying it and it seems like it truly could be a very good learning lesson on how to eat anything. You won me with the mention of sweet potatoes, of course Very interesting that it mentions low carb can cause these type of side effects...wow! I know that I want to move up the carb ladder this time, and am hoping to do this once I'm back into a more comfortable weight but maybe I should reconsider. I always want to use the premise of low carb as my main eating style but not eat only this for life...I like what I'm reading from you two... Yes, thanks!!

And Gracie, you can keep TOM for an extra hump in the hay for all I care
I think the weekly weigh ins would help with the darned fluctuations but I just can't help myself from weighing daily!! keep up the good work on the exercise (talking to me too) and it'll work itself out in the end .
I never really climbed the carb ladder, or did a long P4, so it's kind of exciting to think of. Hope you have a nice weekend!

Hey Deb!, hope the scale is kind to you tomorrow!

Hi Pati! And Sheba!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #1437
Major LCF Poster!

It makes sense to me...because when I used to purchase MyFitFoods; they always paired apples with chicken breast. I thought it was a very interesting breakfast...so satisfying though. Today I had some string cheese and almonds. I was completely satisfied and will not eat dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
I read that somewhere else too, I think another forum or maybe having to do with another book. I'm inclined to believe it since I haven't lost the weight I should be on the hcg P2. I've never been a fruit eater and now that I am on this diet plan, I don't think my bod knows quite what to do. However, have to wait until next grocery shopping trip to rectify that.

(Should clarify, not losing the weight because hungry and eating off protocol, but I still think it's due to fruit issue. Yes, could give it up, but don't want to be on LC totally. )
Old 06-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #1438
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
ladies...Quick drive by post!!! Heading right back out

Have a happy Friday...

(and just for accountability I'm posting the #s for today

Newbie here Started JUDDD 6/3 with an up day.
June small goal is 195...
June bigger goal 190...

6/3 (started JUDDD on up day) ~ 199
6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)
6/5 ~ 197.5 (up day today)
6/6 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/7 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/8 ~ 198.5 (down day today)
6/9 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/10 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/11 ~ 196.0 (up day today)
6/12 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/13 ~ 195.5 (up day today)
6/14 ~ 195.0 (down day today)
6/15 ~ 195.0 (up day today)
6/16 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/17 ~ 194.5 (up day today)
6/18 ~ 195.5 (down day today)
6/19 ~ 193.0 (up day today)
6/20 ~ 193.5 (another up day today)

Pati
Old 06-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!

Deb-Hope you are enjoying the quinoa! I love it...don't forget that watermelon

Shari-Thanks and I need Good Luck to go low carb. I have never really done it to the extent that I should have, so maybe that's a good thing after reading how it makes the metabolism and thyroid sluggish. I was really hard core with keto sticks and everything for 6 months. Then, I could never do it again. Same with HHCG. I did one awesome round and could not repeat the same process. Each second, third, fourth, fifth, etc attempt has been a failure. That is why I turned to the lapband. I am not going to say it has solved my issues, but it sure helps me push away the plate.

Gracie-Please do let me know how it works for you. I'm thrilled that you brought this to the group. I love reading about y'alls success

Julie-You are doing great. I love seeing all of your ups and downs. You never give up. I love that about you!

Peace! Jen out!!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #1440
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Happy Friday Ladies!!!

Deb-Hope you are enjoying the quinoa! I love it...don't forget that watermelon

Shari-Thanks and I need Good Luck to go low carb. I have never really done it to the extent that I should have, so maybe that's a good thing after reading how it makes the metabolism and thyroid sluggish. I was really hard core with keto sticks and everything for 6 months. Then, I could never do it again. Same with HHCG. I did one awesome round and could not repeat the same process. Each second, third, fourth, fifth, etc attempt has been a failure. That is why I turned to the lapband. I am not going to say it has solved my issues, but it sure helps me push away the plate.

Gracie-Please do let me know how it works for you. I'm thrilled that you brought this to the group. I love reading about y'alls success

Julie-You are doing great. I love seeing all of your ups and downs. You never give up. I love that about you!

Peace! Jen out!!
Thanks! I'm so glad you're here more! Please stick around and keep posting !! Its always nice go see your smiling avi picture
I didn't know you had lap band. My friend had it and didn't like it . I'm not sure she was fully prepared for all the hard work it would still take. Any type of gbs is just a tool-you still have to do all the hard work yourself. Sounds like that built in accountability is a good thing!! And you're in control and making wise choices. You're doing great, and I'm sure you will continue to. KUTGW!
I agree about the 1 good shot at most plans. Atkins stopped working for me after and good long while, but I did stick with it pretty consistently that whole first year (11 years ago now!) and got down to about 175. I just couldn't get below that with atkins, and truthfully didn't care to at the time. I was thrilled! But, then I tried other options and think mixing it up is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
ladies...Quick drive by post!!! Heading right back out

Have a happy Friday...

(and just for accountability I'm posting the #s for today

Newbie here Started JUDDD 6/3 with an up day.
June small goal is 195...
June bigger goal 190...

6/3 (started JUDDD on up day) ~ 199
6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)
6/5 ~ 197.5 (up day today)
6/6 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/7 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/8 ~ 198.5 (down day today)
6/9 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/10 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/11 ~ 196.0 (up day today)
6/12 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/13 ~ 195.5 (up day today)
6/14 ~ 195.0 (down day today)
6/15 ~ 195.0 (up day today)
6/16 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/17 ~ 194.5 (up day today)
6/18 ~ 195.5 (down day today)
6/19 ~ 193.0 (up day today)
6/20 ~ 193.5 (another up day today)

Pati
Hope your mixed up rotations go well this weekend! I'm sure you'll do fine! You've certainly found your niche and I hope it keeps you going all the way to goal my friend!

Hope the rest of you are all doing well!!

I'm back down to 151.7 this morning, but the scale also said 152.6 and 151.3!? I'm not sure what it's up to? I did weigh later than usual, but even if it's not a permanent number, it's still nice to see 151 again . Skipped the bread and pb yesterday, and the gym. I'll go back to my workouts Monday. But the rest of the week may be adjusted as my dd(13) is in a 4 day crazy tournament at the Phoenix convention center which is quite a time and energy commitment! And it's dd(10)'s birthday Wednesday, and dd(13)'s on Saturday, and my older brother and his family arrive Wednesday from Pa for a week and half visit!!
then, Sunday after the tournament, we go on our week long staycation to a pretty resort in north Scottsdale - which entails eating, swimming, sleeping, reading, and more eating! and the last 2 days are my anniversary-July 4, and July 5 which will be loading days. I need to pack 2 syringes too!
Did I mention I'm also watching my friend's newborn Sun., Tues., and Wed.?

So, this weekend I'm enjoying the calm before the storm!! I feel good, healthy, strong and even a bit tightened up from my workouts...so all is well. The scale will go up. I am not going to stay LC well I know, but I'm hoping with a nice low starting weight, and occasional controlled carb days, I'll be able to stick around my stable weight range. That's the plan!

Hope you're all doing well and have a great weekend!!
Closed Thread