Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1381
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
quite interesting!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #1382
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
• HUGE green salad loaded with 1 cup cooked quinoa, grilled chicken breast, serving of low fat shredded cheese, salsa, and serving of low fat sour cream
• Black Bean salsa over grilled chicken breast with side of green salad topped with light salad dressing
• Baked sweet potato topped with 1 tsp coconut oil with side of baked salmon patty and sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper
Lunches (S Style):
• Sauteed Salmon Patty over large bowl of salad greens, topped with mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and seasoned with salt and pepper
• Tuna mixed with full fat mayo over big bowl of salad greens, topped with cheese, salsa, and diced pickle
• Cottage Berry Whip made S style with full fat cottage cheese, frozen berries, and stevia blended well (recipe from the book)
• Leftovers from last night’s delicious S Spaghetti night (beef sauce over Dreamfield’s pasta) topped with sour cream and sprinkle of cheese, and side of green salad topped with drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Snacks (E Style):
• Apple with 5-7 almonds
• Slice of sourdough bread topped with slice of turkey breast and bit of light mayo
• Small bowl air popped popcorn topped with nutritional yeast and side of string cheese
Snacks (S Style):
• 3-4 pieces skinny chocolate (recipe in book)
• Handful of salted nuts of choice
• Celery topped with peanut butter
Dinners (E Style):
• Baked Chicken Breast seasoned with salt and pepper served with sweet potato (topped with 1 tsp butter) and green beans
• Whole grain Pasta (1 serving) topped with ground turkey meat sauce and side of steamed broccoli
• 1 cup chili made with beans and ground turkey, topped with light sour cream and low fat shredded cheese
• Dijon Salmon served with side of 3/4 cup brown rice and steamed broccoli, topped with 1 tsp butter and seasoned with salt and pepper
Dinners (S Style):
• Aforementioned Spaghetti dinner, Ground beef meat sauce served over Dreamfield’s pasta with side salad topped with homemade ranch dressing
• Meatloaf (using coconut flour in place of breadcrumbs) with large side of steamed broccoli and mashed cauliflower flavored with butter and topped with cheese
• Homemade Chicken Alfredo served over steamed broccoli and cooked spaghetti squash
• Salmon Stir-fry, fried in coconut oil, and topped with sesame seeds and cheese, served with side salad and balsamic vinaigrette

OH AND BUY THE BOOK!...
Old 06-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #1383
Big Yapper!!!!

how do you know when to eat what style
Old 06-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
how do you know when to eat what style
I'm definitely not there yet, but what I can gather, you can eat any style you want as long as you wait 3 hours between meals.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #1385

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Thanks ladies!

Wow, Deb! THANK YOU for the cliff notes thus far very, very interesting.

Oh and you said to buy the book, is the kindle version harder to read/understand? I'm certainly leaning towards buying it..your posts (and Gracie's) helps me to feel that it won't be a waste of money LOL

ETA: Julie, you rock woman!!! Congrats on being under LDW...hey don't care how much, that's success right there!

Last edited by shari; 06-18-2014 at 11:17 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks ladies!

Oh and you said to buy the book, is the kindle version harder to read/understand? I'm certainly leaning towards buying it..your posts (and Gracie's) helps me to feel that it won't be a waste of money LOL

ETA: Julie, you rock woman!!! Congrats on being under LDW...hey don't care how much, that's success right there!
I bought the PDF version to read on my computer and it is just fine. I don't mind reading online. They have several different options for downloading, but the best part is the price! Compared to the BIG REAL BOOK..

Oh, and I ordered mine from their website instead of the big "A" site.

I may even buy the real book later on, but everything I need is in the PDF version, and I can pretend I am working..

Ok so I am at lunch reading this and what I love about this book, is they are listing all these "healthy" fats, sweetners etc. to of course appeal to the masses who want to be healthy, but they also say, ( IF YOU ARE NOT A PURIST) .. and go on to say have the splenda, or have the microwave popcorn etc... they know me well... I am not a purist.

Last edited by Deb294evr; 06-18-2014 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #1387

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
I can be so dense sometimes, ok gotcha!

ETA late: So true Pati LOL

Last edited by shari; 06-18-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #1388
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I'm definitely not there yet, but what I can gather, you can eat any style you want as long as you wait 3 hours between meals.
INTERESTING!!!!

Quote:
I bought the PDF version to read on my computer and it is just fine. I don't mind reading online. They have several different options for downloading, but the best part is the price! Compared to the BIG REAL BOOK..

Oh, and I ordered mine from their website instead of the big "A" site.

I may even buy the real book later on, but everything I need is in the PDF version, and I can pretend I am working.

Ok so I am at lunch reading this and what I love about this book, is they are listing all these "healthy" fats, sweetners etc. to of course appeal to the masses who want to be healthy, but they also say, ( IF YOU ARE NOT A PURIST) .. and go on to say have the splenda, or have the microwave popcorn etc... they know me well... I am not a purist.
I do the same with school work! LOL I have two screens on my computer at work. One I'll open what looks to be like work (excel or what not) the other not so obvious screen has my school stuff on it!!! (and you guys!!!! )
Old 06-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #1389
Big Yapper!!!!

Missed that last part....I WILL AGREE! You Deb are definitely NOT A PURIST!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #1390
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks ladies!

thanks!! I'm pretty happy! I'm enjoying the excerpts too! I have lots of e books, but much prefer a real one.

Deb-thanks for the posts! Great stuff! Definitely have learned (the hard way) that they're right! Can't combine fats and carbs and expect weight loss!! Occasional celebration works, bit not as a lifestyle!

Did my Zumba, sweating like a madwoman! Great workout though. Planning some weights for tomorrow. I am beginning to feel "back to normal" with my regular exercise!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #1391
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Did my Zumba, sweating like a madwoman! Great workout though. Planning some weights for tomorrow. I am beginning to feel "back to normal" with my regular exercise!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #1392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
From what I've read there are 3 different meal types. Basically a low-carb high fat, a low-fat w/mod carbs, and low-fat/low-carb. You can never mix fat with carbs - this causes weight gain. I understand the plan but really need to look at the reasoning and the recipes. The meals are S-satisfying (low carb, high fat), E- Energy (low-fat, med carbs), FP - Fuel Pull (low-fat and low-carb. You can have the FP at anytime you want. They are supposed to help with weight loss. Think sugar-free almond milk and low-carb protein powder. An S meal would be like bacon and eggs. And an E meal would be like grilled chicken breast, salad, and broccolli. If you are changing from an S meal to an E meal, you have to wait at least 3 hours for your stomach to digest. I'll give you more details once I get the book. I liked it because it would be nice to have an E meal and not feel guilty, KWIM?
Hi, ladies ! Thanks so much for asking about me. I am doing so much better except today I am still full from dinner last night (ribeye and broccoli) and I feel all bloated. I haven't eaten any food today. My pre-op is Friday. I wish they would tell me in advance what is going to happen. I like to know every detail.

Gracie, I have run across this plan on Pinterest. There are some really good recipes appropriate to a lchf diet but there are a few errors. They want you stay away from sugar but some of their recipes call for honey (which has a ton of carbs) and quinoa (which has a ton of carbs). I would stay away from beans, too. It is a christian oriented woe, which I have no problem with, being christian myself BUT they can be very aggressive and single minded on the website.

Of course, I am partial to a lchf woe. I like feeling full and losing weight, even if it's slow.

Congrats, Shari and Pati on your continued losses !

Hey, Deb ! You are so good with the research !
Old 06-19-2014, 05:32 AM   #1393

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies ! Thanks so much for asking about me. I am doing so much better except today I am still full from dinner last night (ribeye and broccoli) and I feel all bloated. I haven't eaten any food today. My pre-op is Friday. I wish they would tell me in advance what is going to happen. I like to know every detail.

Gracie, I have run across this plan on Pinterest. There are some really good recipes appropriate to a lchf diet but there are a few errors. They want you stay away from sugar but some of their recipes call for honey (which has a ton of carbs) and quinoa (which has a ton of carbs). I would stay away from beans, too. It is a christian oriented woe, which I have no problem with, being christian myself BUT they can be very aggressive and single minded on the website.

Of course, I am partial to a lchf woe. I like feeling full and losing weight, even if it's slow.

Thanks Stina!! Glad you checked in here.. always interested in how you are doing. good luck Friday!!

Ok, so more reading has shown me that there are parts of this book that are hooey to me..

HOWEVER, the basic plan of the segregated meals is exactly what I need when I am waffling all over the place on which plan to do.

I swear, one day I just want to do LC, and the next I want more of a WW plan.. THIS IS BOTH.. in any day, or any meal you would like to choose. It is perfect for these types of weird days that my brain goes through..

I tried it very successfully yesterday with a LC ( S MEAL) breakfast and lunch. Very SATISFYING. Then had a hankering for an E MEAL Dinner.. which is more like WW. Chicken breast with Guy's BBQ sauce, brown rice, peas, green beans, Greek yogurt with fruit (I get that Dannon 80 cal Greek and boy it is GOOD!!!)

I was perfectly satisfied with my meals, my day and went to bed with no regrets.. today, down a pound.

Ok, so I know this won't happen each day or maybe even each week, but they talk about losing a pound a week, and if I can do it this way, I will be very very happy!!..

So hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! I am having a LC ( S MEAL) breakfast.. an E MEAL lunch, and who knows what for dinner?? I also brought snacks for both types, so I can pick and choose what I want. AS LONG AS THERE ARE 3 hours between meals, it is all good.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #1394
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Glad you checked in Stina! Definitely will have you in my thoughts tomorrow! I pray all goes well with your procedure! When you can (after tomorrow of course) come in a chime in to tell us you're okay.

YAY DEB! So glad you're trying it first (lol)...To be honest, I think any plan followed appropriately will show results....In the end, you do what's best for you and you do what you know you can follow (even if that means different diets week to week! The body works well that way you know? )
Good luck!!!

Well, I wished it....Here is where I'm at:
June small goal is 195...
June bigger goal 190...

6/3 (started JUDDD on up day) ~ 199
6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)
6/5 ~ 197.5 (up day today)
6/6 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/7 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/8 ~ 198.5 (down day today)
6/9 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/10 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/11 ~ 196.0 (up day today)
6/12 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/13 ~ 195.5 (up day today)
6/14 ~ 195.0 (down day today)
6/15 ~ 195.0 (up day today)
6/16 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/17 ~ 194.5 (up day today)
6/18 ~ 195.5 (down day today)
6/19 ~ 193.0 (up day today) <--

Although it will be short lived, I know I will see the number again after a couple of rotation days. Just trying to figure out how to approach today, tomorrow and Saturday as to not sabotage the current results too badly...

Today is my Friday therefor, I have to discipline thyself to get as much done as possible

I'll check in every once in a while....

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:17 AM   #1395

Quote:
Glad you checked in Stina! Definitely will have you in my thoughts tomorrow! I pray all goes well with your procedure! When you can (after tomorrow of course) come in a chime in to tell us you're okay.

YAY DEB! So glad you're trying it first (lol)...To be honest, I think any plan followed appropriately will show results....In the end, you do what's best for you and you do what you know you can follow (even if that means different diets week to week! The body works well that way you know? )
Good luck!!!

June bigger goal 190...

6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)

Although it will be short lived, I know I will see the number again after a couple of rotation days. Just trying to figure out how to approach today, tomorrow and Saturday as to not sabotage the current results too badly...

Today is my Friday therefor, I have to discipline thyself to get as much done as possible

SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this works for YOU!!!.. so right in doing what works for us as individuals.. so happy for you!!!!

Just keep it up Pati!!! you got this!.. ( just don't get too cocky ) Talking to myself too!..
Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #1396
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm always "cocky" :P

Honestly, I am enjoying JUDDD (right now) but you know us...Eventually I'll get to a point where I'll be like "nah. I don't feel like doing that anymore" Then I will be looking for the "what next".

I'm still thinking of doing a short hcg round come July
Old 06-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #1397

Quote:
I'm always "cocky" :P

Honestly, I am enjoying JUDDD (right now) but you know us...Eventually I'll get to a point where I'll be like "nah. I don't feel like doing that anymore" Then I will be looking for the "what next".

I'm still thinking of doing a short hcg round come July
You know US well... this is so true!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #1398

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:

Hi Stina!!! I'll steer clear of the website, don't need any Judgy McJudgy Pants!! I believe the quinoa is allowed with an E meal - carbs/low-fat. My book is due to arrive today so I can start reading it tonight!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #1399
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi Stina!!! I'll steer clear of the website, don't need any Judgy McJudgy Pants!! I believe the quinoa is allowed with an E meal - carbs/low-fat. My book is due to arrive today so I can start reading it tonight!
Judgy McJudy Pants!

BTW - I LOVE QUINOA!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #1400

Good morning!

Deb ~ I'm glad you are trying THM!!! I will probably start Monday after I read. I've been sticking to low-carb but like you said, it would be nice to have an E meal a few times per week. And, maybe our bodies do need a little bit of the good carbs? I'll guess we'll find out!

Pati ~ WOOOHOOO, told you you were gonna see 193 JUDDD is treating you well. I agree, it's nice to try something for a while and be able to switch it up later.

Julie and Shari!!! Hope I'm not missing anyone
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #1401

Quote:
Judgy McJudy Pants!

BTW - I LOVE QUINOA!!!
I think I've only had quinoa once and I liked it too. It's like teeny tiny almost ricey stuff? LOL I'm sure my description sounds good
Old 06-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #1402
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think I've only had quinoa once and I liked it too. It's like teeny tiny almost ricey stuff? LOL I'm sure my description sounds good
I call them little healthy balls of carbs so my description is just as bad!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #1403

Quote:
I call them little healthy balls of carbs so my description is just as bad!
TEE HEE HEE
Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #1404
Big Yapper!!!!

You guys are crazy! No wonder I like you so much!!
Quote:
Aww w. thanks!

Quote:

Glad you checked in and hope all goes well tomorrow. I'm sure it will!!

Quote:
Thanks Stina!! Glad you checked in here.. always interested in how you are doing. good luck Friday!!

Ok, so more reading has shown me that there are parts of this book that are hooey to me..

HOWEVER, the basic plan of the segregated meals is exactly what I need when I am waffling all over the place on which plan to do.

I swear, one day I just want to do LC, and the next I want more of a WW plan.. THIS IS BOTH.. in any day, or any meal you would like to choose. It is perfect for these types of weird days that my brain goes through..

I tried it very successfully yesterday with a LC ( S MEAL) breakfast and lunch. Very SATISFYING. Then had a hankering for an E MEAL Dinner.. which is more like WW. Chicken breast with Guy's BBQ sauce, brown rice, peas, green beans, Greek yogurt with fruit (I get that Dannon 80 cal Greek and boy it is GOOD!!!)

I was perfectly satisfied with my meals, my day and went to bed with no regrets.. today, down a pound.

Ok, so I know this won't happen each day or maybe even each week, but they talk about losing a pound a week, and if I can do it this way, I will be very very happy!!..

So hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! I am having a LC ( S MEAL) breakfast.. an E MEAL lunch, and who knows what for dinner?? I also brought snacks for both types, so I can pick and choose what I want. AS LONG AS THERE ARE 3 hours between meals, it is all good.
I love your willingness to Try things and take what you like from other plans. I do that too. Pati is right, most plans will work if you stick with them, but finding a plan that'll be easy to stick to is the problem! Sounds like you are doing well with it! Go girl!!

Quote:

Good luck!!!

June bigger goal 190...

6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)

And there are several weeks left of June to go!! I'm sure you'll hit your goal!! That's so exciting!, you're rocking your Juddd!! Woohoo! so happy for you!!

Low carb is working for me!! It's been many years since it has, but happy!
I'm down to 151.5 this morning. I had about 1600 calories yesterday again, more choc almonds and even a bite of dd's lasagna. So far, so good. This week reminds me of hcg style losses! Started out at 157 on Sunday, and am really happy below LDW!! I've got 2 pieces of quiche left to finish, and plenty of GY so that'll stick around the menu a while. I had a chick. Cesar salad last night and still lost. Maybe the exercise is finally helping? Off to lift weights this morning which usually bumps up the scale. I've got a good cushion though .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #1405

O M G JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is AMAZING.. so happy for you!!..
Old 06-19-2014, 08:29 AM   #1406

Gracie, get ready for a LONG READ!.. oh my heavens there is a lot of info..

Take what you can use, and leave the rest! Like everyone is saying, any plan will work, if you work it!.. IT MUST be something you can stick to.. duhhhhh
Old 06-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #1407

Quote:
Gracie, get ready for a LONG READ!.. oh my heavens there is a lot of info..

Take what you can use, and leave the rest! Like everyone is saying, any plan will work, if you work it!.. IT MUST be something you can stick to.. duhhhhh
It seriously sounds exactly like the Suzanne Somers book I read like 15 years ago. I'm surprised she isn't suing them I don't even know where that book went! I remember though she didn't want you to drink any caffeine at all. She said it spiked insulin and made you hungry. She was decaf all the way. I'd be a bear if I didn't get my mug of coffee in the morning!!!

Did you do any FP's yet? I believe plain greek yogurt is a FP.

Maybe that's why Julie always does so well on greek yogurt days????
Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #1408
Big Yapper!!!!

Gracie-Atkins says to skip caffeine for the same reason. I think that crazy talk it's much safer for my whole family if Im caffeinated! and not sure why the GY works so well, but I'm so glad it does! and the sommersizing worked for my BFF years ago. I'm sure the THM will work too!

Deb-thanks! I'm really pleased, almost in a state of disbelief lately. Is this really my body behaving this way? I feel like some switch must have flipped. Either the metabolism work/boosting I did for all those months, or the Rx, or both? Whatever the case, something good has been happening and I'm hoping it'll continue!
Hope your e meals are satisfying. It's nice to have a plan and structure, but I like your pioneering spirit!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #1409

Quote:
Gracie-Atkins says to skip caffeine for the same reason. I think that crazy talk it's much safer for my whole family if Im caffeinated! and not sure why the GY works so well, but I'm so glad it does! and the sommersizing worked for my BFF years ago. I'm sure the THM will work too!

Deb-thanks! I'm really pleased, almost in a state of disbelief lately. Is this really my body behaving this way? I feel like some switch must have flipped. Either the metabolism work/boosting I did for all those months, or the Rx, or both? Whatever the case, something good has been happening and I'm hoping it'll continue!
Hope your e meals are satisfying. It's nice to have a plan and structure, but I like your pioneering spirit!
It is crazy talk THM calls GY a Fuel Pull - it's for quicker weight loss. I'm not sure though if they want you to eat the non-fat or the full-fat. I'll have to read to find out.

That's great that your body is cooperating. I'm guessing the RX has leveled you out. Have you taken your temperature lately? I remember you were always running low. I'm usually in the 97.something in the mornings so I probably do have a sluggish thyroid. But, all the exercise you are doing is probably also helping your thyroid
Old 06-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #1410

Quote:
It seriously sounds exactly like the Suzanne Somers book I read like 15 years ago. I'm surprised she isn't suing them I don't even know where that book went! I remember though she didn't want you to drink any caffeine at all. She said it spiked insulin and made you hungry. She was decaf all the way. I'd be a bear if I didn't get my mug of coffee in the morning!!!

Did you do any FP's yet? I believe plain greek yogurt is a FP.

Maybe that's why Julie always does so well on greek yogurt days????
I have not tried any FP yet, because I love eating food. Of course it has only been one day.... They want you to eat 0% fat Greek yogurt if you are using it as an fuel pull. That is protein, and no fat.

You can eat the 2% or full fat Greek with any S meal. I think I am going to get several different versions of Greek Yogurt to eat as a snack.

They definitely do NOT say no caffeine, even if they did, I would not follow that order... ME and CAFFEINE are a must in the mornings.. especially now! I never did read Suzanne Somers book, but heard about it. never even looked into it. So if they did copy her ideas, not cool.

Quote:

It could be so many things Julie! Whatever the reason, I say run with this!.. something is working like mad!.

Quote:
It is crazy talk THM calls GY a Fuel Pull - it's for quicker weight loss. I'm not sure though if they want you to eat the non-fat or the full-fat. I'll have to read to find out.

That's great that your body is cooperating. I'm guessing the RX has leveled you out. Have you taken your temperature lately? I remember you were always running low. I'm usually in the 97.something in the mornings so I probably do have a sluggish thyroid. But, all the exercise you are doing is probably also helping your thyroid
The Fuel Pull, is like very low fat, and low carb. Like less than 10 carbs per meal or snack. Which to ME is not that low carb.. Anyway, so far so good, I am enjoying it today also.
Closed Thread