Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #1351
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Love the pics Gracie!

Julie, I love dreams where I'm smaller/thinner. Oddly enough, I don't have that many of those!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #1352
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Gracie~nice pics, you all look like you had a lot of fun and it was a great weekend. You look great, btw! I just jumped in again yesterday with adding exercise. I didn't put any pressure on myself to do a very rigorous activity as my goal was to 'just move' and that worked mentally to start.

Julie~nice dream! It seems your maintenance is still very good as it's just a little bit over the 2 lb range. You'll have a great starting point when you do your next round to see that 13-something on the scale!

Pati~yeah I remember too having difficulty sticking to low carb when doing JUDDD. Ugh, I just read through a part of my journal to refresh my memory of when I did this (JUDDD) and on a side note, it's kinda disheartening to see how many times I've going up and down the scale over the years (doing various plans). It's not hard to understand how to lose weight, it's the emotional issue and cheats along the way that caused/s the problem. I'm the only one holding myself back as any of these various plans worked!! I know, this isn't new news for any of us LOL, just typing what's on my mind right now and reminding myself....
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #1353
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Pati~yeah I remember too having difficulty sticking to low carb when doing JUDDD. Ugh, I just read through a part of my journal to refresh my memory of when I did this (JUDDD) and on a side note, it's kinda disheartening to see how many times I've going up and down the scale over the years (doing various plans). It's not hard to understand how to lose weight, it's the emotional issue and cheats along the way that caused/s the problem. I'm the only one holding myself back as any of these various plans worked!! I know, this isn't new news for any of us LOL, just typing what's on my mind right now and reminding myself....
Sometimes putting it out there to read and reread helps tons! Not only you, but others as well

We've all been on this roller coaster way too often and can sympathize!

Hang in there...One day it's bound to "stick"

Good luck! (to all of us really)
Old 06-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #1354
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Shari-yes!! I've lost, regained, relost, regained...etc over and over again too!! I'm finally accepting that I should work as hard at maintenance as I did at losing. I think I get sick of watching, being careful and mindful all the time...then I have to do more drastic measures to lose again. If I could wrap my head around a few smaller sacrifices in maintenance to keep me from needing more drastic measures, I'd be happy! Hang in there!

I was reading on meat and egg, general low, low carb eating and decided I'm not doing a GYCD. I felt like eating meat! so, I made some tuna salad and am baking a Denver quiche right now. Notsure what dinner will be yet-company isnt getting in until late. It'll be nice to have prepared, filling LC options on hand. I am not going to panic or freak out, but I do want to give a few days of clean low carb a chance. I vaguely remember feeling really sick last time I dropped my carbs really low...nauseated, bad headache, dizzy and lightheaded. I'm planning to keep my GY and strawberries in this time, and hope it'll combine to keep me satisfied and under my window! We shall see!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #1355
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning Friends

Well I finally am coming down with "something". I had the worse scratchy throat yesterday and it's still there today but that's all that's bugging me. I hope it doesn't turn into anything worse Other than that (and feeling pretty damn hungry) I feel fabulous.

Yesterday's down day was pretty rough but I made it!

Here are my numbers...
June small goal is 195...
June bigger goal 190...

6/3 (started JUDDD on up day) ~ 199
6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)
6/5 ~ 197.5 (up day today)
6/6 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/7 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/8 ~ 198.5 (down day today)
6/9 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/10 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/11 ~ 196.0 (up day today)
6/12 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/13 ~ 195.5 (up day today)
6/14 ~ 195.0 (down day today)
6/15 ~ 195.0 (up day today)
6/16 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/17 ~ 194.5 (up day today) <-- LOOK HOW CLOSE TO MY BIGGER JUNE GOAL I AM!!!

I'm going to SCARF DOWN food today. Definitely keeping it low carb (exception here is fruits)! I want that # to stick by the end of the month

I still have to invest in greek yogurt with no sugar. I'll probably just go to my norm of Fage since I'm failing at trying to find the Voskos.

I do know I MUST MUST MUST make working out more of a habit. Been doing Zumba here and there but not nearly as much as I should. Besides Zumba, I MUST get those weights in. As much as I love watching the scale go down, I don't want to lose muscle mass Which I know I am since I haven't lifted in a while....

How are y'all doing?

Hope you each have a FANTABULOUS day
Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #1356

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Great job Pati!!! JUDDD is working fabulous for you You still have almost half of June to get to your goal.

How is everyone else today? I think I have a little tummy bug going. Not too bad, just a little extra performance in the bathroom Erin had it yesterday and I think she passed it along to me. Yesterday I fasted until dinner and then I had a small salad (butter lettuce and ranch only) and homemade bbq ribs with Guy's BBQ sauce. They were delish!!! I made a rub from spices I had (salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt) and put it on for about 30 minutes. Then I heated the oven to 275 degrees and cooked for about 2.5-3 hours. Then I put under the broiler for 10 minutes. They were fall-off-the-bone good!!! I love ribs though, could seriously eat them every day.

Not sure what my plan is today. My tummy is a bit off and I just had some coffee. I'll probably try to fast at least til dinner and see if it feels any better. My two older kids are going to Kennywood today. It's an amusement park and it's their school picnic. Hoping the storms hold off for them.

I broke down and ordered the Trim Healthy Mama book. I'll let y'all know what I think after I get it. It's like 680 pages including recipes.

Everyone have a great day!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #1357
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good Morning Friends

Well I finally am coming down with "something". I had the worse scratchy throat yesterday and it's still there today but that's all that's bugging me. I hope it doesn't turn into anything worse Other than that (and feeling pretty damn hungry) I feel fabulous.

Yesterday's down day was pretty rough but I made it!

Here are my numbers...
June small goal is 195...
June bigger goal 190...

6/3 (started JUDDD on up day) ~ 199
6/4 ~ 199 (dd today)
6/5 ~ 197.5 (up day today)
6/6 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/7 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/8 ~ 198.5 (down day today)
6/9 ~ 196.5 (up day today)
6/10 ~ 197.5 (down day today)
6/11 ~ 196.0 (up day today)
6/12 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/13 ~ 195.5 (up day today)
6/14 ~ 195.0 (down day today)
6/15 ~ 195.0 (up day today)
6/16 ~ 196.5 (down day today)
6/17 ~ 194.5 (up day today) <-- LOOK HOW CLOSE TO MY BIGGER JUNE GOAL I AM!!!

I'm going to SCARF DOWN food today. Definitely keeping it low carb (exception here is fruits)! I want that # to stick by the end of the month

I still have to invest in greek yogurt with no sugar. I'll probably just go to my norm of Fage since I'm failing at trying to find the Voskos.

I do know I MUST MUST MUST make working out more of a habit. Been doing Zumba here and there but not nearly as much as I should. Besides Zumba, I MUST get those weights in. As much as I love watching the scale go down, I don't want to lose muscle mass Which I know I am since I haven't lifted in a while....

How are y'all doing?

Hope you each have a FANTABULOUS day
First-woohoo!! You're doing so well!! Yay!!
Second-I could have written the exercise part!! That's exactly me!! I've done 1 good workout with weights and need to fit it in more consistently!! Enjoy your wonderful results and UD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Great job Pati!!! JUDDD is working fabulous for you You still have almost half of June to get to your goal.

How is everyone else today? I think I have a little tummy bug going. Not too bad, just a little extra performance in the bathroom Erin had it yesterday and I think she passed it along to me. Yesterday I fasted until dinner and then I had a small salad (butter lettuce and ranch only) and homemade bbq ribs with Guy's BBQ sauce. They were delish!!! I made a rub from spices I had (salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt) and put it on for about 30 minutes. Then I heated the oven to 275 degrees and cooked for about 2.5-3 hours. Then I put under the broiler for 10 minutes. They were fall-off-the-bone good!!! I love ribs though, could seriously eat them every day.

Not sure what my plan is today. My tummy is a bit off and I just had some coffee. I'll probably try to fast at least til dinner and see if it feels any better. My two older kids are going to Kennywood today. It's an amusement park and it's their school picnic. Hoping the storms hold off for them.

I broke down and ordered the Trim Healthy Mama book. I'll let y'all know what I think after I get it. It's like 680 pages including recipes.

Everyone have a great day!
Bummer on the tummy bug!! Did she need to share with you? hope you're feeling better and have a good day .
Thank you for sharing what you do for ribs!! I have never made them successfully and they're on sale this week! I am going to add them to our repertoire!! Thank you, thank you!!

Hi deb, Sheba, stins, Shari, anyone else I missed!

I'm down nicely from my low carb day! 153.7 I didn't eat much for dinner as I had quiche late and a few bites of tuna salad throughout the afternoon. Had a quest bar at 8:00 at VBS, then some coffee. But, it worked and I'll take it!! I'm going to play it by ear today. Planning low carb again, but ya never know .

Haven't worked out yet this week , unless you count the water park and it's many stairs on sunday? Crazy with the kids in vball camp each morning, company here and vbs each night . hope you're all doing well .
Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #1358

OMG, I just typed a long, long post and lost it UGH! So I can't do personals again as I have an appt. soon. Really I was wishing everyone success, Pati, you rock! and Gracie asking if THM's idea/premise is how to eat low carb but understanding what to eat when eating higher carbs too so that you remain/get to 'trim'? I know you're just starting but it seems like a realistic approach if so.... Julie, thanks for reminding me about quiche, I love it and will have to make this very soon. Also congrats on the loss!

down 3 lbs from Saturday so I'm happy it's moving down from my night out. Still exercising since Sunday, feeling the rewards!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
First-woohoo!! You're doing so well!! Yay!!
Second-I could have written the exercise part!! That's exactly me!! I've done 1 good workout with weights and need to fit it in more consistently!! Enjoy your wonderful results and UD!

Bummer on the tummy bug!! Did she need to share with you? hope you're feeling better and have a good day .
Thank you for sharing what you do for ribs!! I have never made them successfully and they're on sale this week! I am going to add them to our repertoire!! Thank you, thank you!!

Hi deb, Sheba, stins, Shari, anyone else I missed!

I'm down nicely from my low carb day! 153.7 I didn't eat much for dinner as I had quiche late and a few bites of tuna salad throughout the afternoon. Had a quest bar at 8:00 at VBS, then some coffee. But, it worked and I'll take it!! I'm going to play it by ear today. Planning low carb again, but ya never know .

Haven't worked out yet this week , unless you count the water park and it's many stairs on sunday? Crazy with the kids in vball camp each morning, company here and vbs each night . hope you're all doing well .
They are seriously the best ribs ever!!! Here's the step by step because I forgot a couple things.

1. Either make a rub or buy pre-made and rub onto ribs at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat Oven to 275 degrees
3. Cover ribs in aluminum foil and bake for 2.5-3 hours depending on how thick they are.
4. Cover in your favorite sauce and put under the broiler for about 10 minutes with no aluminum foil. This gives the top a nice crust

They are better than ones I've eaten in restaurants. I used 3 different BBQ sauces because DH likes tangy, DDs & DS like sweet, and I use the GUYS sugar-free, low carb.

Let me know how they turn out.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #1360

Quote:
OMG, I just typed a long, long post and lost it UGH! So I can't do personals again as I have an appt. soon. Really I was wishing everyone success, Pati, you rock! and Gracie asking if THM's idea/premise is how to eat low carb but understanding what to eat when eating higher carbs too so that you remain/get to 'trim'? I know you're just starting but it seems like a realistic approach if so.... Julie, thanks for reminding me about quiche, I love it and will have to make this very soon. Also congrats on the loss!

down 3 lbs from Saturday so I'm happy it's moving down from my night out. Still exercising since Sunday, feeling the rewards!
From what I've read there are 3 different meal types. Basically a low-carb high fat, a low-fat w/mod carbs, and low-fat/low-carb. You can never mix fat with carbs - this causes weight gain. I understand the plan but really need to look at the reasoning and the recipes. The meals are S-satisfying (low carb, high fat), E- Energy (low-fat, med carbs), FP - Fuel Pull (low-fat and low-carb. You can have the FP at anytime you want. They are supposed to help with weight loss. Think sugar-free almond milk and low-carb protein powder. An S meal would be like bacon and eggs. And an E meal would be like grilled chicken breast, salad, and broccolli. If you are changing from an S meal to an E meal, you have to wait at least 3 hours for your stomach to digest. I'll give you more details once I get the book. I liked it because it would be nice to have an E meal and not feel guilty, KWIM?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #1361

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
From what I've read there are 3 different meal types. Basically a low-carb high fat, a low-fat w/mod carbs, and low-fat/low-carb. You can never mix fat with carbs - this causes weight gain. I understand the plan but really need to look at the reasoning and the recipes. The meals are S-satisfying (low carb, high fat), E- Energy (low-fat, med carbs), FP - Fuel Pull (low-fat and low-carb. You can have the FP at anytime you want. They are supposed to help with weight loss. Think sugar-free almond milk and low-carb protein powder. An S meal would be like bacon and eggs. And an E meal would be like grilled chicken breast, salad, and broccolli. If you are changing from an S meal to an E meal, you have to wait at least 3 hours for your stomach to digest. I'll give you more details once I get the book. I liked it because it would be nice to have an E meal and not feel guilty, KWIM?
No time for me to post much, but THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING!!! looking forward to hearing more..
Old 06-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
No time for me to post much, but THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING!!! looking forward to hearing more..
Yeah for $40.95 it better be interesting!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #1363
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You would

It does sound interesting! I will wait for the cliffnotes
Old 06-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #1364

Quote:
Yeah for $40.95 it better be interesting!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
You would

It does sound interesting! I will wait for the cliffnotes
HOLY COW.. is there a kindle version? yikes.. Yes, you know I am a curious sort Pati!!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #1365
Big Yapper!!!!

Gracie-Thanks for sharing this with us! this reminds me of Suzanne sommers plan...it was about food combining and had similar ideas. This book is all the rage right now! She must be making a fortune!!! Hope it works out well for you! keep us posted on your plan .
And thanks for the ribs help! I will go pick some up at the store and have to give it a try. We'd be in the same boat, different sauces for each of us!

Shari-great job on the -3!!! Good for you!!! I hadn't made a quiche in ages, but it's been yummy!!

Keeping it nice and low carb again, very similar to yesterday. I think ill probably enjoy a few more options tomorrow as I'm getting a bit bored with low carb. May just add some more fruit... Still working it out . All good!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #1366
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Good JOB!!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #1367
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gracie-Thanks for sharing this with us! this reminds me of Suzanne sommers plan...it was about food combining and had similar ideas. This book is all the rage right now! She must be making a fortune!!! Hope it works out well for you! keep us posted on your plan .
And thanks for the ribs help! I will go pick some up at the store and have to give it a try. We'd be in the same boat, different sauces for each of us!

Shari-great job on the -3!!! Good for you!!! I hadn't made a quiche in ages, but it's been yummy!!

Keeping it nice and low carb again, very similar to yesterday. I think ill probably enjoy a few more options tomorrow as I'm getting a bit bored with low carb. May just add some more fruit... Still working it out . All good!
Honestly, I think the day to day watching, changing, trying this, doing that is the best way to maintain
Old 06-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #1368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Is there a Thread for the HCG Diet 800 Calorie? I looked, but may be back even further than I looked. I'm thinking of ordering this book as I've upped my calories and added a few things not on protocol. I did this due to hunger. According to Dr. Simeon, if there is hunger, plan not working. The first few days after loading were fine, but then not.

Gracie, looking forward to hearing about the book you ordered.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #1369

Sharon, You may have to really search in the HCG forum for anything on the 800 HCG plan. I know in some old rogue threads we talked about it, or others have. Good luck!!

Pati, fantastic as always!! CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSSES.. omg!!

Julie, congrats to you getting back to your comfy weight. LC really is the way to go, for the most part!

Shari, WOW.. 3 pounds is great!! you must have given it to me...

Gracie, I broke down and downloaded the PDF version for now.. and I LOVE IT... This is just what I have been searching for SO FAR.. I have lots to read as it is over 600 pages, but so far so good!

I hope Stina is doing well...

Wonder where our friend Irene is? Miss you DOG...

Other than RENEWED optimism on a plan, I am working away, and trying to stay positive that June will end sometime..

Hope everyone is having a wonderful HUMP DAY!!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #1370

Happy Hump Day! Sharon, Deb is right...you may have to do a search to find that info as it was an up and jumping topic a couple years ago so may require further digging. Wishing you luck!

Gracie~ such good info thanks a lot for breaking it down, I'm definitely piqued! Please keep us informed...I may eventually break down and buy it too especially since it does focus on low carb eating too. I can tell from trial and error that high fat with carbs and sugar equal weight gain so yeah, interested to understand the science behind this too.

Deb~ hoping that you get relief soon...you sound swamped! Wow, you got the book too and so far love it...even more reason I may purchase it.

Pati~hope you enjoyed your UD! You're so, so close to a new decade!!

Julie~congrats on the losses, you're doing very good with maintaining your loss. As expected, gains and losses happen daily based upon what you eat

Stina, Jen, and Irene~hope you all are doing well

Exercised again this morning, trying to really make this a lifestyle again. Of course my lil brain has been working again and I'm definitely going to stick with low carb eating for the most part and exercise. I say for the most part because eventually I'd like to try to move up the carb ladder, testing other food like sweet potatoes YUM, so I don't feel restricted and go off plan when I want to eat other stuff. Also, when I really thought about what I'm doing and what's different this time vs. starting Atkins in 2004 the first time, I remembered that I included exercise from the very start of the program and made sure I drank at least 64 oz of water to help flush my system and stay hydrated. I did this because after reading the book, Dr. A said it was important and I believed him when he said that this was truly the best way to be successful. I followed it to a T to include taking all the supps he recommended (that I need to purchase again), and lost 50 lbs, a lot of inches in 8 mths. I don't what made me think that now with me being 10 years older, I could do it without exercising and drinking water like I should, and still be successful like I was then. So these are my thoughts for today..written out like a book, like you asked and wanted today I'm done another 1.6 lbs so something must be working...maybe it's because I'm finally following the original plan
Old 06-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #1371

Quote:
Happy Hump Day! Sharon, Deb is right...you may have to do a search to find that info as it was an up and jumping topic a couple years ago so may require further digging. Wishing you luck!

Gracie~ such good info thanks a lot for breaking it down, I'm definitely piqued! Please keep us informed...I may eventually break down and buy it too especially since it does focus on low carb eating too. I can tell from trial and error that high fat with carbs and sugar equal weight gain so yeah, interested to understand the science behind this too.

Deb~ hoping that you get relief soon...you sound swamped! Wow, you got the book too and so far love it...even more reason I may purchase it.

Julie~congrats on the losses, you're doing very good with maintaining your loss. As expected, gains and losses happen daily based upon what you eat

Exercised again this morning, trying to really make this a lifestyle again. Of course my lil brain has been working again and I'm definitely going to stick with low carb eating for the most part and exercise. I say for the most part because eventually I'd like to try to move up the carb ladder, testing other food like sweet potatoes YUM, so I don't feel restricted and go off plan when I want to eat other stuff. Also, when I really thought about what I'm doing and what's different this time vs. starting Atkins in 2004 the first time, I remembered that I included exercise from the very start of the program and made sure I drank at least 64 oz of water to help flush my system and stay hydrated. I did this because after reading the book, Dr. A said it was important and I believed him when he said that this was truly the best way to be successful. I followed it to a T to include taking all the supps he recommended (that I need to purchase again), and lost 50 lbs, a lot of inches in 8 mths. I don't what made me think that now with me being 10 years older, I could do it without exercising and drinking water like I should, and still be successful like I was then. So these are my thoughts for today..written out like a book, like you asked and wanted today I'm done another 1.6 lbs so something must be working...maybe it's because I'm finally following the original plan
WOW Shari!! you are doing fantastic!!! I know what you mean, about why do we think we are smarter than the plan?..

I know it works, but for ME, I love the idea of having a meal thrown in a few times a week, that is not totally LC, to break up the feeling I sometimes get when I am too strict LC. OR when I really want some good summer fruit, this book is a wonderful option for that. I hope it works, I am excited to try it.

Good luck with your exercise too Shari! When I get a break from work, I am going to get back into it. I love the pool right now..
Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #1372
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Ladies...Running through quickly cuz I started my day late and well tomorrow is my Friday and got lots to do

I'm interested in the book as well except I KNOW I won't read it so I'll wait for you guys to dive in so you can hold my hand as I slowly dip my toes one at a time if/when I decide to follow suit!
From what I am reading of what you guys are posting, it makes total sense and oddly enough, is exactly what I tell my sister. (Carbs and Fat will make you fat....Fat alone won't. Higher carbs lower fat won't make you fat. Again, fat and carbs together will). Seems sorta like what we all already know. BTW - That's one heck of a book! The # of pages is intimidating as is.

Shari! YAY!!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT! ANOTHER (almost) 2 lbs?!?!? WTG SUNSHINE!!!

Morning Deb - Hopefully you get some R&R soon!!!

Sharon

Julie - Our maintenance queen! How was your weigh in this morning?

Gracie - Sounds like you are ready to dive into the new plan. Let us know when you do

Stina - How are you kid? Hope you're well!

Everyone else I missed Hope you are all well too. Chime in...We'd love to hear from you all!!!!

My # today is 195.5 and today is a down day...I'm secretly hoping for a 19anda3 behind that 9 tomorrow! We'll see how it goes....
I do have a slight dilemma..Thursday is an upday and Friday would be down but we will be out alllllll day Friday with plans to eat out all day. Lunch will be a fancy restaurant (our fav Japanese food) and dinner will be out as well (don't know where yet).
Not sure how JUDDDers handle days like that? Meaning, do I make today and tomorrow both down days? Do I make today down, tomorrow up and Friday up and keep on the rotation after that? I'm dizzy just thinking about it! I'll figure it out eventually!

Well hopefully you all have a wonderful "hump" day
Old 06-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #1373
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon-do a thread search on Omaha plan and dr Emma, and hcg 2.0. They're the higher calorie plan options you're looking for.

Quote:
Sharon, You may have to really search in the HCG forum for anything on the 800 HCG plan. I know in some old rogue threads we talked about it, or others have. Good luck!!

Pati, fantastic as always!! CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSSES.. omg!!

Julie, congrats to you getting back to your comfy weight. LC really is the way to go, for the most part!

Shari, WOW.. 3 pounds is great!! you must have given it to me...

Gracie, I broke down and downloaded the PDF version for now.. and I LOVE IT... This is just what I have been searching for SO FAR.. I have lots to read as it is over 600 pages, but so far so good!

I hope Stina is doing well...

Wonder where our friend Irene is? Miss you DOG...

Other than RENEWED optimism on a plan, I am working away, and trying to stay positive that June will end sometime..

Hope everyone is having a wonderful HUMP DAY!!!!
Glad this book has given you some renewed enthusiasm for a plan!! I hope you enjoy reading it, and look forward to you breaking it down for us . Btw you and Gracie I think I'll enjoy the readers digest version . I hope your work overload is nearing and end my friend!! Enjoy your pool!

Quote:

this is right on the money!! You're doing great!! I too am learning (again!!,) that the plan works if you follow it! And the exercise part is important too! Speaking of which, I need to get dressed for Zumba today! hope you're firmly rooted in Atkins and are excited for your success!!

Hi Pati! Hope you're down even more! Amazing results!

Hi Gracie! How's the next chapter? We're looking forward to more details, and of course your first hand experimentation! hope all is well.

I'm down to 152.3 this morning!! That was a pleasant surprise!! 0.1 UNDER LDW!! Haven't been down here in ages!! I had 1672 calories (give or take), 59% fat, 30%protein, and 12%carbs-a few chc covered almonds and GY with strawberries were the contributors. Pretty great! I haven't lifted weights yet this week, but plan on Zumba later this morning, and weights tomorrow. I did get a nice walk in yesterday. I am going to keep trying for low carb today, but can already see temptation drawing me. I've also been trying to eat most of my calories earlier in the day, and added 2 extra cups of coffee throughout the afternoon and evening. Happy!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #1374
Big Yapper!!!!

Pati- I think they do medium days in there too. Maybe may tomorrow a medium day and keep the UD for Friday? Not sure, but you will figure it out!! You're doing great!!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #1375

Quote:

Julie ~ That was exactly what I thought when I read about it. I had the Somersizing book probably 15 years ago!!! It's very close to the same thing. I was wondering how they got away with using the same principles. I guess I'll know after I read the book. I believe that THM focuses more on lean proteins, even with the S meals.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #1376

Well my book shipped yesterday so I should have it by the weekend. I'd like to take it to the lake and have all weekend to read. My tummy is feeling better today. DH got it last night too. We both must've caught it from Erin.

Julie ~ You are maintaining perfectly! I wonder if it's the RX or if you are just being more careful this time around?

Pati ~ hope you get to see 193 tomorrow! If I were you I would do a medium day and then a regular up day. No need to stress while you're out.

Deb ~ You crack me up!!! You already got the E-Book!!! I like to have a real book so I can make notes and put tabs on it. I also hate reading off of a computer/i-Pad. I almost ordered it but then figured I could way a few days. Let us know what you're learning. They also have a Facebook page that I joined

Shari ~ You are doing fantastic!! I agree that exercise and water are big keys to losing weight and maintaining. I swear I'm going to start soon TOM is due for me within the next couple days - BOOOO! I'll be ready to send him your way ASAP

Sharss ~ You can probably find more online about the 800 calorie protocol. There was a food list somewhere that included more fruits, veggies, meats, etc. than the original. Good luck!

Stina ~ Where you at woman??? Come back
Old 06-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #1377

Well I went to the chapter on S meals ( Satisfying) first to see what they said about proteins. They say eat Fatty Meat or Lean meat if you want. Either is fine. Just keep the carbs lower with this meal. They really have nothing against FAT at all. They don't want you to count carbs, but give a list of veges and other things to eat with your fatty protein.

In fact even on the E meals (the low fat, Mod Carb) you are supposed to have 2 tsp of good fats along with around 45 total carbs per E meal. Again, they say not to count carbs, but give it in terms of handful, or 1/3-1/4 cup etc.

Still a TON to read, i just wanted to let you know they are not saying to eat lean protein with the S meals unless you want to.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #1378

Oh, and you must eat protein at every single meal. You can't just have an apple - you have to eat it with protein. Maybe like a low-fat cheese stick or something.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #1379

Yes! Here is some info from a blog, not from the book, but helpful cliff notes.

Trim Healthy Mama Overview: Eating the THM Way

Since this post series is targeted to beginner THM-ers, I am going to try to keep this focused and comprehensive. The biggest points I want you to walk away understanding is that ANYONE can do this, you do not need a bunch of gizmos and gadgets, and it is possible to follow their rules and criteria on any budget. I have seen families do this with very little money, and plenty. Wherever you fall, this should get you moving in the right direction, but be sure to keep your eyes open for future recipes, tips and tricks that I will post on, because there is always something cooking and being learned the THM way.

Most CRITICAL Aspects of THM (Don’t leave home without them)

• When working towards weight loss, ALWAYS separate your fats from your carbohydrates. For most of us this is a total game changer. This one point alone ought to make you really think about and analyze the ramifications of its application. But, as wonderfully explained in the book, the reason for this absolute “law” of THM is that when we eat these two different body fuel sources together, ultimately one will be used as a fuel while the other gets safely stored away as fat (See Chapter 1 of Trim Healthy Mama); a good thing for our growing children who are still developing and literally growing in all ways, but a bad thing for the vast majority of us adults. Separation is key! (If you are at the point where you want to maintain your weight, this rule is more flexible)

• Protein should be present in some form at every time of eating. Protein is the new mate of both carbs and fats.

• Stay AWAY from sugar, in all forms (i.e. honey, agave, brown, white, sucanat, etc.). Sugar leads to excess insulin, which leads to weight gain (again, see Chapter 1).

How am I supposed to eat?

Let me introduce you to your new way of referencing food groups: S, E, and FP. Get to know them well because you will be together a long, long time.

• S meals (Satisfying) – S Meals are composed mostly of protein and fats (no/VERY low carbs). Non-starchy vegetables are a welcome addition to these meals, including winter squash, cruciferous vegetables, and greens. This is the typical place where higher fat meats, like beef and pork, would be used. Since fat does not stimulate weight gain in the same way as carbohydrates, there is no real “upper limit” on the amount of fat in a meal, but use wisdom, not gluttony, to decide appropriate levels. Too much could slow down weight loss, simply from a caloric load standpoint. Don’t get too caught up in this though. S meals welcome back into our lives the beautiful and decadent additions of saturated fats like butter, coconut oil, and palm oil. Yes, now you CAN have it all =0) Regular fat dairy products (cheese, sour cream, etc.) are fine in this setting, but be cautious of whole milk, which contains a higher concentration of carbohydrates. Again, great for our growing kids, but bad for us. ***HIGHLIGHT: For S meals, you want less than 10 g carbohydrates in the entire meal to avoid moving into crossover territory.*** For more on S meals, including a comprehensive list of S approved foods, see the BOOK.

(more in the next post)
Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1380

• E Meals (Energizing) – E Meals are the opposite of S meals, composed mainly of protein and carbohydrates. Unlike S meals, though, there is a limit to the carbohydrate indulgence. Due to the effects of carbohydrates on insulin levels, you want your E meals to stay below 45 g per meal to avoid spiking insulin and therefore bringing on the weight gain.

In addition, there is a bonus factor that you can have up to 2 tsp of fat with an E meal, which helps to slow digestion and aid in mineral absorption, but any more than this and you are in crossover territory. With E meals, you can enjoy lean cuts of meat (think chicken breast, leanest ground beef with fat drained out, lean ground turkey, fish, etc), but be sure to stay away from the higher fat options. NOTE: White potatoes and white rice are no longer an option for your new THM eating plan. They act like sugar in the body• and stimulate insulin production, thereby affecting weight, so steer clear of them.

Fruit can be enjoyed with E meals, but never eat them alone…always pair it with some protein. Bananas should be limited to no more than 1/2 per meal, because they are a higher sugar fruit, or you can cut them out altogether. ***HIGHLIGHT: For E meals, you want less than 5 g fats in the meal to avoid moving into crossover territory.*** For more on E meals, including a comprehensive list on E approved foods, see Chapter 9 in Trim Healthy Mama.

• FP (Fuel Pull) – While S meals are low in carbs and E meals are low in fats, FPs are low in both carbs and fats. These are the meals that are almost entirely protein-focused with very little insulin spiking ingredients otherwise. Because there is no real fuel source provided in the meal, FPs actually need the fat stores/fuel stores of the body to process and digest them. For this reason, FPs can be a helpful addition for increased/speedier weight loss when used a few times throughout the week, but used too often and they can halt weight loss from too low of calories. Balance is key.

***HIGHLIGHT: FP meals have less than 5 g fat and 10 g carbs. Increase one and you have changed to a fuel source.*** More information on FP is further explained in Chapter 10 of the book.

• • Side note Worthy: Crossovers and S-Helpers - As I have mentioned Crossovers a few times I wanted to take a moment to explain its purpose. Basically a crossover is when you eat plan approved foods that contain too high of fat or carbohydrate amount to be considered an S or E meal. If you choose to have a side of rice with your steak and veggies, you have now transformed your S meal into a Crossover. Or if you decide to add a tbsp of butter to your lovely baked chicken breast, sweet potato, and broccoli dinner, you now have a crossover meal. Crossovers are perfect for people looking to gain weight, or maintain a goal weight, but should be used sparingly otherwise. An S-helper has the same idea, but it specifically works with S meals to add a very small carbohydrate food in a specific proportion that does not greatly affect blood sugar levels, but will slow down the weight loss potential a bit more.

• ***HIGHLIGHT: When switching fuel sources in the day (i.e. going from an E lunch to an S dinner), make sure to have at least 3 hours between fuels. Any closer and your body will likely not have finished processing the first fuel and you are creating a duel fuel situation, which is no good.*** This is where things can get tricky for some. Let’s say that you decide to make a yummy turkey sandwich on sourdough bread for lunch (an E meal) but have meatloaf and buttered broccoli planned for dinner (S meal). You eat lunch at 1 pm and have dinner planned for 5:30 pm, but find yourself famished at 3:30 p. It is too close to lunch time to switch to S, and too close to dinner time to have another E, so what should you eat. This is a situation where those friendly FPs can really come in handy. Throw together a quick Big Boy Smoothie (Recipe in the book) and you are in business to be held over until dinner time comes. Thank you FP!

A Few Quick and Basic Meal Ideas:
So, now you’ve learned the basics, but are still a little baffled on application. Before you throw up your hands in frustration, let’s talk this out. It is much easier than you think. ***First, reading through the book and receiving the sister’s much more thorough explanation of all of these points will greatly increase your chances of successfully implementing everything we are discussing here today. Trust me, you want to read the book…this post is no substitution for the real thing.*** Here are some basic meal ideas to help get you started (but again, there are some amazing recipes in the recipe section of the book that you will not want to miss out on!): Breakfasts (E Style):

• Oatmeal, stevia sweetened, mixed with unsweetened almond milk and topped with a few blueberries and cut up strawberries
• Egg whites with two pieces of sourdough bread, buttered with 1 tsp butter, and a side of pan roasted diced tomatoes and onions seasoned with salt and pepper
• Egg white breakfast burrito, made with low fat tortilla, salsa, a little black beans, and low fat sour cream
• 1/2 cup 1% Cottage cheese, stevia sweetened, and topped with a handful of blueberries and diced strawberries
Breakfasts (S Style):
• 3 whole eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper, mixed with onions and diced red peppers, topped with mozzarella cheese, salsa, and full fat sour cream
• 2 eggs seasoned with salt and pepper served with a side of regular cottage cheese and sliced strawberries
Almond Flour pancakes topped with xylitol sweetened maple flavored syrup and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
• Breakfast Burrito made with whole eggs, salsa, cheese, and full fat sour cream on top of a low carb tortilla
Lunches (E Style):
• Two pieces plan approved E bread (or homemade Sourdough) shmeared with dijon mustard and 1 serving of low fat mayo, topped with lettuce, sliced tomato, and a side of pickle

(more in next post)
Closed Thread