Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #1261
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Pati-what's your first language? Just curious, never noticed it. Definitely do what fits best for you! Low carb is a great plan and how I've lived most of the past 10 years low carb and love it! And hunger stinks! Glad you ate something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Pati, really? I'd have never guessed that English is your second language...you always make sense to me. Interesting that you posted this just now, I'll tell you something I was actually thinking about today. I was debating in my head whether or not I'll return to hhcg after TOM and if not, then what? I really thought about the ideal and realistic goal we're told is that it's best to lose around 2 lbs week, so I was thinking that if I could set that as a reasonable goal (when doing other plans, not the protocol--which I still think is the best lol) think of this using a 9 week plan:

'normal' diet plan': 2 lbs/wk X 9 weeks = 18 lbs (approx)

'protocol' diet plan: (average) 15-20 lbs in 3 weeks, but you are encouraged to stabilize for 6 additional weeks (3 weeks in P3 & 3 weeks in P4) = 15-20 lbs in 9 weeks (approx)

It almost equals out to be around the same in pounds, the differences I'd say is the inch loss may be better with protocol but inch loss does happen with other plans too. It just take more patience and time. Does this make sense?

ETA: I said all this to say that it really boils down to what you can do at that time because eventually it ends out the same
I've done the math several times and come to the same conclusion. Hcg is a 9 week plan, at best! The advantage to slower losing is the stronger chance you'll keep it off and your skin will recover better. Unfortunately for me, nothing will allow me to lose weight at this point except for hcg. I'm choosing not to be sad that nothing else works, but to be thankful that SOMETHING does .

If I could lose with LC, JUDDD, WW, any other plan I would. Especially low carb-most satisfying . Sigh.

Deb-ah ot. Bittersweet to be sure! Glad you're feeling better.

My BFF took me out to breakfast unexpectedly. Had bacon and eggs, and a thick slice of delicious cinnamon French toast! I'm sure ill be full all day!! I just can't seem to stick to a clean LC day!! May need to resort to an actual Cd one of these days to get securely lower in my window! Too much fun being had lately .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #1262
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
LOL, I'm glad it came out right on 'paper' and made sense cause in my mind it's a different thought process

You know Pati, in my heart I wanna do hhcg but my mind gets burned out around the 2nd week or so, I should just know this and work with where I'm at now vs. in the past. Then, I could do round after round in the for those hard 3 weeks knowing how successful it is and how much better I was going to look & feel, but now despite knowing this...I can't successfully do a full round w/o cheats. What derailed me this time was a cheat after an emotional night then PMS...that took out a whole week last week. Plus, I think I'm only damaging my metabolism by doing many attempts (haha the irony/problem is that each time I start, I think I'm mentally able to complete a full round ) so I really, really need to just accept that only plan now that I can do faithfully commit to is low carb, and work with that. It works, maybe not as fast as before when I was younger and just starting out, but it's a scientific fact that if you commit w/o cheats you will lose weight. I think now it just takes a lot longer...I've been reading where some have a month long stall!! Oh my...
I totally feel ya, I absolutely (h)hcg, but I'm not doing myself any good by only halfway doing it which is what I'd be doing if I started after TOM now. So in a long, detailed paragraph I'm doing (very) low carb.

Last edited by shari; 06-03-2014 at 03:13 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #1263

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Totally get you Shari!!! The HCG diet is SOOOOOO HARD to stick to for 3 weeks, at least in my opinion! That is probably why I have never been able to do it as written. Too hard.

You do whatever is best for you, and LC is a fantastic way to lose. Slower? Maybe, but as I remember when I was really in a zone, my appetite became non existant and I never really wanted to eat. During those times, weight can be lost easily. The problem for ME, was adding in carbs when I didn't really need them. Pretty much the story of my life...

Go Shari, you know what to do!.. think of the end result.. (talking to myself too!)
Old 06-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #1264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
For newbie visitors, I suggest downloading Dr. Simeon's book: Pounds & Inches. The HCG program's purpose is not only to lose weight, but to cure the issues that plague obesity that keep folks from losing and/or not gaining the weight back.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 AM   #1265

Julie~I missed your post as I posted then had to leave work. I still believe that the protocol is the best plan, hands down. I totally understand how you feel about nothing else working. No doubt, you did very well and show that if done right, everything written by Dr. Simeons is accurate. You're stabilizing very well, and actually eating according to P4. Summer fun with friends, enjoy!

Deb~love the support, we all understand each other. That's why I this group!

Sharss~ Yes, that's why I put in my first post for this thread the recommended forum and linkage for those just starting out/newbies. Most of us posting on this thread have read the book, understand the science behind it, and didn't want to confuse anyone just starting the protocol hence the opening of this thread in "Others" section. Good luck with your round!

I'm doing well and have decided for now to do like Deb and weigh on Saturdays. The ups and downs expected when doing low carb would drive me crazy now LOL. Happy Hump day everyone!!

Last edited by shari; 06-04-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Old 06-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #1266

Quote:
Julie~I missed your post as I posted then had to leave work. I still believe that the protocol is the best plan, hands down. I totally understand how you feel about nothing else working. No doubt, you did very well and show that if done right, everything written by Dr. Simeons is accurate. You're stabilizing very well, and actually eating according to P4. Summer fun with friends, enjoy!

Sharss~ Yes, that's why I put in my first post for this thread the recommended forum and linkage for those just starting out/newbies. Most of us posting on this thread have read the book, understand the science behind it, and didn't want to confuse anyone just starting the protocol hence the opening of this thread in "Others" section. Good luck with your round!

I'm doing well and have decided for now to do like Deb and weigh on Saturdays. The ups and downs expected when doing low carb would drive me crazy now LOL. Happy Hump day everyone!!
This is great Shari! I find that I am much more relaxed mentally with one day a week weigh ins.. I may check occasionally but official weight is always Saturday..

Hope you are feeling better!!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #1267
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good Morning Lovelies!

I am going to LOOOOOVE all my short weeks at work! Most are saying "it's only Wednesday" where I get to say "It's ALREADY Wednesday" Starting this week, I took every Friday off through September (with the exception of a Friday in July for our Dept outing to Navy Pier). I decided to spread my vacation time versus taking it all at one time. Made so much more sense. I can hang at the beach with family on Fridays now

Shari - I'm glad you seem to be in a great place moving forward with low carb. It's actually what I would consider a way of life versus a diet. You know you'll lose. Just slower. But the best thing about low carb is the lack of bloat! It's wonderful

Deb! How's it going? I'm glad you're feeling better!

Julie - Oh pretty, Julie. Keep enjoying yourself as you seem very stable in p4 right now!

Gracie? Stina? Missing you guys....

As for me. I actually made a decision with DS and DH's help yesterday. Actually the decision was made mostly with DS cuz DH is so supportive of whatever I decide to do but DS hates me dieting (especially when I do hcg LOL). Anyway, I decided to give JUDDD a try treading extremely lightly with carbs. I am 100% keeping fruits and all veggies in my diet. (especially during the summer where there is an abundance of great produce). Anyway, I made yesterday an "up" day and today will be a down day. Not sure what to eat yet but being that I've been recently eating at the 500 calorie mark cuz of hcg, I think I can do dd w/o a problem. Wish me luck.

Weighed in at 199 this morning....

Have a great loves!!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #1268
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and you guys HAVE TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER RECIPE! It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! LOL (yes I had it again last night! Ate 1/2 a cauliflower all by myself!)
Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #1269
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Pati-what's your first language? Just curious, never noticed it.
Spanish
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good Morning Lovelies!

I am going to LOOOOOVE all my short weeks at work! Most are saying "it's only Wednesday" where I get to say "It's ALREADY Wednesday" Starting this week, I took every Friday off through September (with the exception of a Friday in July for our Dept outing to Navy Pier). I decided to spread my vacation time versus taking it all at one time. Made so much more sense. I can hang at the beach with family on Fridays now

Shari - I'm glad you seem to be in a great place moving forward with low carb. It's actually what I would consider a way of life versus a diet. You know you'll lose. Just slower. But the best thing about low carb is the lack of bloat! It's wonderful

Julie - Oh pretty, Julie. Keep enjoying yourself as you seem very stable in p4 right now!

As for me. I actually made a decision with DS and DH's help yesterday. Actually the decision was made mostly with DS cuz DH is so supportive of whatever I decide to do but DS hates me dieting (especially when I do hcg LOL). Anyway, I decided to give JUDDD a try treading extremely lightly with carbs. I am 100% keeping fruits and all veggies in my diet. (especially during the summer where there is an abundance of great produce). Anyway, I made yesterday an "up" day and today will be a down day. Not sure what to eat yet but being that I've been recently eating at the 500 calorie mark cuz of hcg, I think I can do dd w/o a problem. Wish me luck.

Have a great loves!!!!
Quote:
Oh and you guys HAVE TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER RECIPE! It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! LOL (yes I had it again last night! Ate 1/2 a cauliflower all by myself!)
Quote:
Spanish
What a great way to spend your summer with Friday's off!! Enjoy! Congrats on your decision to do JUDDD.. you seem to always do well on that, and you can live your life the way you want to! SUMMER FRUITS AND VEGES!! can't beat them!!

I am doing fine today, no specific plan except trying to keep my extra sugars down.. I love my fruit, so will keep some of that. Who knows what I am doing!!!

I have to try the cauliflower recipe! Looks so good!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #1271
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Who knows what I am doing!!!
You are doing what is best for you!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #1272

Quote:
You are doing what is best for you!
FOR SURE!..
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitsky
WOE: HCG VLCD
Start Date: May 26
Hello

I've been chugging along, STS one day and down today so I'm happy. Especially since I bought regular cottage cheese instead of fat free, I was very worried but it all worked out today My next tub of it will be FF though and I'll see how that goes. But I made that starwberry smoothie/ice cream type of thing with it... OMG it was good and I can't wait to make a chocolate version as soon as I get some SF syrup.

I also discovered I really like veggie 'chips' so I bake my kale and when I don't burn it, it tastes really good and it's a good way for me to get in extra veggies since they're not my favorite right now. I've also got this slick microwave thing (BPA free) chip making ring, it comes with the slicer and everything, you slice your veggies and place them in the slots around the ring, nuke it, then season and enjoy... once again, when I don't burn them or under cook them, they are awesome lol I used a mini zuchinni (sp?) and it was... alright...took 3 tries to get the time right for them I know we can't have potatoes or squash yet so I'm running out of ideas for veggies with 'that' shape lol I was wondering about parsnips??? Not sure if they're too narrow, maybe I can find a girthy one...

I read through pretty quick, saw some pictures of yummy looking cauliflower and read some others talking about how good this recipe is. I didn't see the recipe anywhere but I didn't go back too far as I'm writing on the fly. It looks good, what's in it?? I saw a recipe somewhere online last night for roasting the whole head of cauli after being dipped and wiped with this spicy yogurt mixture... either rogue or P3 I guess but it looked amazing. I am not sure what the protocal is about reposting someone's recipe so perhaps you can search it??

Have a great day everyone.

ttyl
Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #1274
Big Yapper!!!!

Bit sky-glad you're doing well! Keep working it!

Quote:

That's a good idea! Like Deb, I've done that in the past, but do peek during the week . I like the sound of a carefree low carb summer! I bet you'll do great and enjoy your summer!

Quote:
Good Morning Lovelies!

Have a great loves!!!!
What a nice idea for summer!! A 4 days week each week! That does sound like a vacation!! Navy pier? I used to go the for candy conventions in July each year...wow it's hot and humid in July in Chicago!! Great city though! I think you'll do we'll with Juddd. After the first 2 weeks it's very forgiving! I couldn't hack the dd's too soon after hcg. It messed with my mind. I feel like if I'm eating 500 cals I delve hcg losses! yep, that's not how Juddd went for me! But, I'm a hard sell. Nothing works for me (but hcg). Everyone else does great on Juddd and you will too!

Deb-glad all is well and you're still able to check in with us. I hope when work quiets down, and you get that extra $ in your check, you're able to go shopping and get some cute new clothes. I haven't forgotten you dear!

I'm up a lb, again. I keep playing with this stupid lb. but, despite my weakness for movie theater popcorn last night and cinnamon roll French toast yesterday morning, I'm planning another LC day today! Off to Zumba which is a good start!!

Happy hump day my friends!!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #1275

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
I'm here It's been a yucky week. Went for my mammogram on Monday. It was my left breast that has been bothering me. Well, that one came back just fine but my right one had an area they didn't like. I got a sonogram and then a core biopsy. The doctor said she believes is some kind of fibrocystic thing from hormone fluctuations but still wanted to check. She said it could take a week to get results from pathology. I've really just been in the dumps and waiting to find out what's going on. I'm trying to be optimistic but it's still really scary to me. Plus my boob hurts and is all purple and bruised I'm sure if it was something super bad they wouldn't have left me leave. Fear of the unknown sucks! I've had a sick feeling in my stomach since Monday. My eating has been 100% atrocious and I do not care. I'm self medicating with chocolate. So if you can please say an extra prayer for me.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 06-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I'm here It's been a yucky week. Went for my mammogram on Monday. It was my left breast that has been bothering me. Well, that one came back just fine but my right one had an area they didn't like. I got a sonogram and then a core biopsy. The doctor said she believes is some kind of fibrocystic thing from hormone fluctuations but still wanted to check. She said it could take a week to get results from pathology. I've really just been in the dumps and waiting to find out what's going on. I'm trying to be optimistic but it's still really scary to me. Plus my boob hurts and is all purple and bruised I'm sure if it was something super bad they wouldn't have left me leave. Fear of the unknown sucks! I've had a sick feeling in my stomach since Monday. My eating has been 100% atrocious and I do not care. I'm self medicating with chocolate. So if you can please say an extra prayer for me.
I will just say, that my sister goes through this EVERY YEAR.. and does the same worrying, and it comes back exactly as they thought, fibrocystic.

You have every right to worry and fuss and carry on as much as you want to though!!! Saying many prayers for you my friend..

All will be well..
Old 06-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #1277

Quote:
I will just say, that my sister goes through this EVERY YEAR.. and does the same worrying, and it comes back exactly as they thought, fibrocystic.

You have every right to worry and fuss and carry on as much as you want to though!!! Saying many prayers for you my friend..

All will be well..
It sucks they make you wait so long. My brain can't handle it! I just want to lay in bed I'm trying to work and not think about it. No matter what I do I can't stop worrying
Old 06-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #1278

Quote:

All will be well..
Did they put a marker in for her? They said the marker will be there forever so in the future they know where the location is.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #1279

Quote:
It sucks they make you wait so long. My brain can't handle it! I just want to lay in bed I'm trying to work and not think about it. No matter what I do I can't stop worrying
Quote:
Did they put a marker in for her? They said the marker will be there forever so in the future they know where the location is.
Yes, they did. She has the most cystic? breasts ever. They check the old ones every 6 months actually, and none have ever changed so far. She just gets more.

It is very very hard to wait!! I cannot imagine. There is really no way to NOT worry, it is natural. I can only give you reassurance that it happens to ALOT of people and if it was something bad enough, they would have done more testing right then and there. Like you said, they would not let you go home without it. Hang in there!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #1280

Gracie~ oh hun, I'm sorry you have to go through this. The wait is just awful, and understandable why it's hard to not worry. Hopefully it does come back what the doc believes, Deb's post is also reassuring..but I'll keep good thoughts and prayers for you

Julie~Thanks hun, I feel good. I call that success!! I love to read daily how you're able to eat other food w/o your body reacting crazily with outrageous gains, 1 lb?!! To me, that's seems natural in that the same would happen to a 'normal' eating person !! Also, I believe what you're doing is key, still monitoring the scale like Dr. S said so that any gains can be remedied and stabilization is anchored. WTG!!

Deb~yes, TOM is leaving today (love the quickies ) so I feel like myself again thankfully. I hope you feel better today too! Yup, following your thing of counting official weight on Saturdays especially since my goal is to aim for average of 2 lbs/wk. With that, I've accepted that I probably won't be out of the 180's until next month, my body knows best as long as I treat it the best.

Bitsky~ WTG, glad you're working it and it's going well for you! Thanks for mentioning the kale chips... I've read about it and since I love kale been meaning to try it.

Pati~I agree, it seems JUDDD goes with very, very well for you so I know you'll totally rock it! Nice, and great idea to have short summer weeks, enjoy!!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #1281
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
Hello

I've been chugging along, STS one day and down today so I'm happy. Especially since I bought regular cottage cheese instead of fat free, I was very worried but it all worked out today My next tub of it will be FF though and I'll see how that goes. But I made that starwberry smoothie/ice cream type of thing with it... OMG it was good and I can't wait to make a chocolate version as soon as I get some SF syrup.

I also discovered I really like veggie 'chips' so I bake my kale and when I don't burn it, it tastes really good and it's a good way for me to get in extra veggies since they're not my favorite right now. I've also got this slick microwave thing (BPA free) chip making ring, it comes with the slicer and everything, you slice your veggies and place them in the slots around the ring, nuke it, then season and enjoy... once again, when I don't burn them or under cook them, they are awesome lol I used a mini zuchinni (sp?) and it was... alright...took 3 tries to get the time right for them I know we can't have potatoes or squash yet so I'm running out of ideas for veggies with 'that' shape lol I was wondering about parsnips??? Not sure if they're too narrow, maybe I can find a girthy one...

I read through pretty quick, saw some pictures of yummy looking cauliflower and read some others talking about how good this recipe is. I didn't see the recipe anywhere but I didn't go back too far as I'm writing on the fly. It looks good, what's in it?? I saw a recipe somewhere online last night for roasting the whole head of cauli after being dipped and wiped with this spicy yogurt mixture... either rogue or P3 I guess but it looked amazing. I am not sure what the protocal is about reposting someone's recipe so perhaps you can search it??

Have a great day everyone.

ttyl
You are doing great Bitsky! Are you on p2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

What a nice idea for summer!! A 4 days week each week! That does sound like a vacation!! Navy pier? I used to go the for candy conventions in July each year...wow it's hot and humid in July in Chicago!! Great city though! I think you'll do we'll with Juddd. After the first 2 weeks it's very forgiving! I couldn't hack the dd's too soon after hcg. It messed with my mind. I feel like if I'm eating 500 cals I delve hcg losses! yep, that's not how Juddd went for me! But, I'm a hard sell. Nothing works for me (but hcg). Everyone else does great on Juddd and you will too!

I'm up a lb, again. I keep playing with this stupid lb. but, despite my weakness for movie theater popcorn last night and cinnamon roll French toast yesterday morning, I'm planning another LC day today! Off to Zumba which is a good start!!

Happy hump day my friends!!
I can handle the 500 calorie down days with options (which is what kills me in p2 - the limited types of food). For instance, I went shopping at Mariano's at lunch time so I'm prepared for dinner tonight. I fast most days at work. So I still have most of my calories left (I may be over cuz as of right now I am not measuring the fat free h&h on my coffee. Not a big deal for me yet. So I'm really just counting calories in food for now. I'm sure eventually I will have to give up the creamer on down days. We'll see...Anyway, for dinner tonight I plan on 2 National Hebrew hot dogs (40 cals each) on 2 low carb slices of bread (35 cals/6 net carbs). I bought low sugar ketchup, light mayo and mustard and will chop up onions and tomatoes to spread on top. I'd say all in all I'm looking at 250 cals (maybe more maybe less...) Then I will have a side of the popped pretzel thingies (which are 26 of them for 120 calories. Add a diet Pepsi (my eyeballs are drowning...I've had like 90 oz of water! LOL)...I'm set for the evening. (I've had a similar meal before)....Not so bad.
On p2, I was more limited....(boring).

My plan is to have 100 calorie things on hand for the down days where I'm famished and "need something"....

I don't know, maybe I will succeed. Maybe I won't. But at least I will give it the best effort possible and go from there. Will reevaluate after a bit.
Here is my disclaimer: If by doing this woe I go up say 4-5 lbs, you bet I will stop it all together and go 100% to Atkins (to take it off).

Julie, you so so well! 1lb up. 1 lb down. I'd say that is quite stable my dear.
I look at any food off limits and gain 3 lbs!!! You eat well and fluctuate between 1 lbs. MEH You're good...

Quote:
Oh Gracie! I see now why you weren't around!!! Not knowing is difficult but nothing beats the power of prayer! Know you will be in mine!
I'm glad Deb provided her sister's experience. I'm sure it helped some.

Many hugs honey!!!

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC evening! See you guys in the AM
Old 06-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #1282

Gracie... I just found the email from my sis from her last mammogram in March.. she went through this every year for about 6 or 7 years, but this time she really thought her luck had run out.. she is kinda silly.. just want you to see that as much as you worry, when you get the good news you will be so relieved.. that is my prayer for you..

Got some good news today - I had a mammogram last week that showed a couple of areas that weren't normal - my right breast has been lumpy & painful depending on the time of the month. Went in for an ultrasound on Monday - and a biopsy- AGAIN!- just found out that it is just another benign breast cyst (fluid filled sacks) and I don't need any further action. I've been sweating it out for over a week going to the worst possible scenarios (boobs cut off - chemo - no hair - and even worse) - what a freaking relief! I can breathe again.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #1283
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gracie... I just found the email from my sis from her last mammogram in March.. she went through this every year for about 6 or 7 years, but this time she really thought her luck had run out.. she is kinda silly.. just want you to see that as much as you worry, when you get the good news you will be so relieved.. that is my prayer for you..

Got some good news today - I had a mammogram last week that showed a couple of areas that weren't normal - my right breast has been lumpy & painful depending on the time of the month. Went in for an ultrasound on Monday - and a biopsy- AGAIN!- just found out that it is just another benign breast cyst (fluid filled sacks) and I don't need any further action. I've been sweating it out for over a week going to the worst possible scenarios (boobs cut off - chemo - no hair - and even worse) - what a freaking relief! I can breathe again.
Your poor sister...To go through this year after year! God bless her.
And Gracie, we'll keep praying
Old 06-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #1284
Big Yapper!!!!

So I'm doing JUDDD...Do you guys mind if I continue to post here?
I can come in, cheer y'all on and not post about the diet Or I can scale back posting what I eat? Please don't feel bad to tell me to go shove it!

Well, yesterday was a down day and I woke up to a new weight for the year (I say year cuz I've been here before )

197.5! I saw 197 (I step on the scale several times to see which shows up more....) I am going to stick with 197.5 though. Upday today. Going to keep it low carb....Oddly enough, I am not hungry
Pants are getting bigger! I have one pair of very cute torn up jeans (not ghetto torn, just cute for my age! ) that I am dying to get into...I'll try them on Saturday after my down day *fingers crossed*

So what's up with the rest of you? Most of you are weighing in on Saturdays right?

I'm in such a wonderful mood...Probably cuz of the weight loss AND the fact that today is my Friday! to me

TTYL!

Last edited by 12yrslater; 06-05-2014 at 07:27 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #1285

Quote:
Your poor sister...To go through this year after year! God bless her.
And Gracie, we'll keep praying
Quote:
So I'm doing JUDDD...Do you guys mind if I continue to post here?
I can come in, cheer y'all on and not post about the diet Or I can scale back posting what I eat? Please don't feel bad to tell me to go shove it!

Well, yesterday was a down day and I woke up to a new weight for the year (I say year cuz I've been here before )

197.5! I saw 197 (I step on the scale several times to see which shows up more....) I am going to stick with 197.5 though. Upday today. Going to keep it low carb....Oddly enough, I am not hungry
Pants are getting bigger! I have one pair of very cute torn up jeans (not ghetto torn, just cute for my age! ) that I am dying to get into...I'll try them on Saturday after my down day *fingers crossed*

So what's up with the rest of you? Most of you are weighing in on Saturdays right?

I'm in such a wonderful mood...Probably cuz of the weight loss AND the fact that today is my Friday! to me

TTYL!
Thank you Pati, it is a nightmare for her..

OF COURSE YOU BETTER POST HERE!!.. doesn't matter what plan or no plan we are on, lets keep it here.

WOW.. congrats on getting down so far so fast!! JUDDD loves you, I swear!!..

I am eating to hunger right now. What sounds good, and what will FEEL good after I eat it. That is my test right now. If I choose to eat a cookie, then I feel awful after, that would be my decision as long as I know the outcome. I CHOOSE to not eat so much sugar right now.. because I hate the way I feel.

So day by day, I am testing this out.. Most of the time I will choose meat, fruits and veges.. because they make my body feel good.

Gracie.. still sending my prayers to you...
Old 06-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #1286
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you Pati, it is a nightmare for her..

OF COURSE YOU BETTER POST HERE!!.. doesn't matter what plan or no plan we are on, lets keep it here.

WOW.. congrats on getting down so far so fast!! JUDDD loves you, I swear!!..

I am eating to hunger right now. What sounds good, and what will FEEL good after I eat it. That is my test right now. If I choose to eat a cookie, then I feel awful after, that would be my decision as long as I know the outcome. I CHOOSE to not eat so much sugar right now.. because I hate the way I feel.

So day by day, I am testing this out.. Most of the time I will choose meat, fruits and veges.. because they make my body feel good.

Gracie.. still sending my prayers to you...
Thank you!

That's my plan for my up days...Fruits, meat and veggies with fat

You're doing great!!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #1287

Doctor just called and it came back benign. I am so relieved but can't stop crying. The stress of waiting was unbearable. I am so grateful that it came back good. She is going to call me next week to let me know when to make a follow up appointment.

Thanks for all the prayers ladies. God is good
Old 06-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #1288

Gracie~thinking of you...continued prayers that everything will test okay.

Deb~wonderful news for your sister, and I pray Gracie get the same news. I agree with Pati, it must be awful every six months to pray for no changes or if so, they are benign cysts. Good for you too since you are really in P4. Yes, love the thought of making an official weight on Saturdays. I haven't checked since Monday's weigh in...

Pati~WOW, that's wonderful!!! Congrats on your new low for this year...you and JUDDD are like peas in a pod. You better keep posting here (using my 'mom' voice)!! We are cyber sisters so I'd worry now if I don't hear from any of you. I guess the title of this thread is misleading now since some of us are now trying different things.

Bitsky, Irene, Stinas, Julie~ hope you are all okay.

I'm still doing low carb, and loving it. I'm definitely in ketosis (tested keto strips) and now have no cravings and am satisfied. Happy Thursday, and Pati your Friday
Old 06-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #1289

Quote:
Thank you!

That's my plan for my up days...Fruits, meat and veggies with fat

You're doing great!!
Thanks Pati!.. real food does the body good..

Quote:
Doctor just called and it came back benign. I am so relieved but can't stop crying. The stress of waiting was unbearable. I am so grateful that it came back good. She is going to call me next week to let me know when to make a follow up appointment.

I KNEW IT!!!.........

Girl you have been under torture for this week, give in to your feelings and let it out!!! You have to!.. IT IS SO OK!...and so normal...

I am beyond happy for you.. thank you GOD!..

Quote:
Gracie~thinking of you...continued prayers that everything will test okay.

Deb~wonderful news for your sister, and I pray Gracie get the same news. I agree with Pati, it must be awful every six months to pray for no changes or if so, they are benign cysts. Good for you too since you are really in P4. Yes, love the thought of making an official weight on Saturdays. I haven't checked since Monday's weigh in...

Pati~WOW, that's wonderful!!! Congrats on your new low for this year...you and JUDDD are like peas in a pod. You better keep posting here (using my 'mom' voice)!! We are cyber sisters so I'd worry now if I don't hear from any of you. I guess the title of this thread is misleading now since some of us are now trying different things.

Bitsky, Irene, Stinas, Julie~ hope you are all okay.

I'm still doing low carb, and loving it. I'm definitely in ketosis (tested keto strips) and now have no cravings and am satisfied. Happy Thursday, and Pati your Friday
Thank you Shari!..

I am so happy you are loving Low Carb and can relax and know you are doing what is right for you body..

This is a good day ladies.. let's celebrate LIFE... and gather around Gracie for a BIG HUG!..
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #1290
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm here It's been a yucky week. Went for my mammogram on Monday. It was my left breast that has been bothering me. Well, that one came back just fine but my right one had an area they didn't like. I got a sonogram and then a core biopsy. The doctor said she believes is some kind of fibrocystic thing from hormone fluctuations but still wanted to check. She said it could take a week to get results from pathology. I've really just been in the dumps and waiting to find out what's going on. I'm trying to be optimistic but it's still really scary to me. Plus my boob hurts and is all purple and bruised I'm sure if it was something super bad they wouldn't have left me leave. Fear of the unknown sucks! I've had a sick feeling in my stomach since Monday. My eating has been 100% atrocious and I do not care. I'm self medicating with chocolate. So if you can please say an extra prayer for me. :
Was praying yesterday !

Quote:
Gracie~ oh hun, I'm sorry you have to go through this. The wait is just awful, and understandable why it's hard to not worry. Hopefully it does come back what the doc believes, Deb's post is also reassuring..but I'll keep good thoughts and prayers for you

Julie~Thanks hun, I feel good. I call that success!! I love to read daily how you're able to eat other food w/o your body reacting crazily with outrageous gains, 1 lb?!! To me, that's seems natural in that the same would happen to a 'normal' eating person !! Also, I believe what you're doing is key, still monitoring the scale like Dr. S said so that any gains can be remedied and stabilization is anchored. WTG!!

Deb~yes, TOM is leaving today (love the quickies ) so I feel like myself again thankfully. I hope you feel better today too! Yup, following your thing of counting official weight on Saturdays especially since my goal is to aim for average of 2 lbs/wk. With that, I've accepted that I probably won't be out of the 180's until next month, my body knows best as long as I treat it the best.

Bitsky~ WTG, glad you're working it and it's going well for you! Thanks for mentioning the kale chips... I've read about it and since I love kale been meaning to try it.

Pati~I agree, it seems JUDDD goes with very, very well for you so I know you'll totally rock it! Nice, and great idea to have short summer weeks, enjoy!!
So glad!! LC isn't treating me as well, but I don't gain as much on indulgent days, I think I need to get to know the new me!

Quote:
You are doing great Bitsky! Are you on p2?

I can handle the 500 calorie down days with options (which is what kills me in p2 - the limited types of food). For instance, I went shopping at Mariano's at lunch time so I'm prepared for dinner tonight. I fast most days at work. So I still have most of my calories left (I may be over cuz as of right now I am not measuring the fat free h&h on my coffee. Not a big deal for me yet. So I'm really just counting calories in food for now. I'm sure eventually I will have to give up the creamer on down days. We'll see...Anyway, for dinner tonight I plan on 2 National Hebrew hot dogs (40 cals each) on 2 low carb slices of bread (35 cals/6 net carbs). I bought low sugar ketchup, light mayo and mustard and will chop up onions and tomatoes to spread on top. I'd say all in all I'm looking at 250 cals (maybe more maybe less...) Then I will have a side of the popped pretzel thingies (which are 26 of them for 120 calories. Add a diet Pepsi (my eyeballs are drowning...I've had like 90 oz of water! LOL)...I'm set for the evening. (I've had a similar meal before)....Not so bad.
On p2, I was more limited....(boring).

My plan is to have 100 calorie things on hand for the down days where I'm famished and "need something"....

I don't know, maybe I will succeed. Maybe I won't. But at least I will give it the best effort possible and go from there. Will reevaluate after a bit.
Here is my disclaimer: If by doing this woe I go up say 4-5 lbs, you bet I will stop it all together and go 100% to Atkins (to take it off).

Julie, you so so well! 1lb up. 1 lb down. I'd say that is quite stable my dear.
I look at any food off limits and gain 3 lbs!!! You eat well and fluctuate between 1 lbs. MEH You're good...

Oh Gracie! I see now why you weren't around!!! Not knowing is difficult but nothing beats the power of prayer! Know you will be in mine!
I'm glad Deb provided her sister's experience. I'm sure it helped some.

Many hugs honey!!!

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC evening! See you guys in the AM
It's really new to me too! I'll adjust . You seem to have found a good fit for you, go Pati, go JuddD! Woohoo!!

Quote:

God is good and I'm so happy for you!! Celebrate with your family and relax a bit before worrying about the stupid scale. I'm sure this whole scare has shaken you and reminds us all of what's most important!

Deb-you're right. Celebrate life indeed! Reminds me to keep things in their proper perspective!!

All is well here. Scale up around 155 again today. It seems that my body isn't doing as well on LC these days....it's been something I've noticed for a while now. An odd thing, given my many years of LC living. But, I supposed with my faster metabolism, and decreased sensitivity to carbs, things are bound to change. I guess I need to get to know this new me. I'm not complaining at all! I'm happy actually. But I've also been lazy getting my weight back down after all the indulgences. So I think I'll do a cd today to get back to my window and then figure out how to stay there with carbs factored in. All good. Happy to experiment . (TOM here too, btw, and not gently this month either! )
Closed Thread