Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #1231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
It can well be that your body is thinking it's preggers, Shari. Let me tell you what has happened with me lately. I don't get a "normal" period or it's symptoms because a few years ago I had a cyst and polyps that caused me to bleed for 45 days straight (bleed profusely at that - SORRY TMI). I had surgery and to help with the bleeding as well as the plus of the bc, I had the mirena inserted. So, since, I don't normally bleed. HOWEVER, since doing hcg (this time and in the past) when I start the protocol, I spot bleed here and there. Not enough to call it TOM but enough to make me wonder what the hcg does to our bodies

I think you're taking the right approach for you! Hopefully those TOM symptoms subside soon!!! GL and in the meantime, enjoy low carb
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #1232
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Morning Ladies, sorry for no time check ins.. was sick yesterday and today still feel sick.. not sure why. I hope you get rid of the horrible yuckies Shari! TOM is NOT being kind to any of you this month!.. ugh!

Stina, same for you, hope it works out better.. sounds like you are on to something!! Keep on Losing girl!!

Julie, as always you are in the groove. I think RX has done you very well, plus that refeeding. Now that I think about it, I think it helped me too! New lows for me and able to maintain, after all that refeeding!

Pati!! YAY!.. a nice weekend with the family and you ate well, only up 1? FANTASTIC!! Keep on going with your experiment!

Bitsky, they are right, just keep on going.. forget the past.. we all have to!

Gracie.. Miss you!!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #1233
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Stina~congrats, you're melting!!! Hopefully you'll start to feel better sooner than later.

Pati~girl, you're melting too! Yummy dinner, hoping your experiment continues to yield great results!!

Deb~congrats on stabilizing...very nice weigh in!! OH my, every summer I drool looking at your pool. Enjoy!!

Julie~you're winning me on the belief that RX helps more with stabilization. It's encouraging that you're able to eat P4 food ans stabilize just as stated in the protocol. WTG on such a wonderful round!

Yesterday I stayed very low carb, I ate beef meatloaf made with salsa and chicken. Down 1.2 lbs to 186.6. I'm baking a whole chicken today and will eat off that. I had a thought yesterday that I may need to really go very low carb to help counteract water weight...I'll do this a couple days to see if it helps.
I am quite surprised at the differences I've experienced with Rx. I'm a believer now! It really is a bit unexpected. But I'll take it! Hope you're feeling better! Even with homeo hcg I had crazy TOM. Always early and heavier hang in there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hey, Ladies !

I think I lost 2 more pounds but I will have to double check tomorrow. My weight goes up and down and lately I have been losing fast so I'm scared the scale is messing with me.

I'm going to be in onederland soon at this rate ! Will we all be in onederland ? I am dreaming of it. I can't tell you when I have weighed less than 200.
That's wonderful! As much of a pain as it was to go to the dr, I'm glad you did! Hope it keeps up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
Hi all,

We had our our first city festival this past weekend and there were treats had and lbs put back on but I know full well how and when it happened so hopefully I haven't set the tone for the round already... I had such a great first 2-3 days and then this little hiccup, hoping to recover from it. Ate pretty clean today but it could have been better, tomorrow is a new day... a day when there's really nobody else around and no food trucks in the streets so I should be OK
I love reading the menus some of you are posting, good ideas and interesting to see what works for some. thanks!
All you can do is start a new. You'll be fine, lose a bit of time, but back on track and read to lose! You can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good Morning Ladies I can't believe we're already in June!!! :O

Bitsky - Dust yourself off and carry on

Stina - You are a melting machine!! YAY FOR YOU!!!

Shari - Sounds like you did pretty good eating very clean during the weekend. I love low carb high protein. It's satiating and helps drop some water weight. At best, gets the bloat out What are you doing today?

Julie - What more needs to be said? You're one stable machine! SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

You too Deb!! You seem to stabilize pretty well!!

As for me? I dosed. I ate very low carb/high fat/high protein. I feel great. Was able to enjoy two full days out with family and didn't cheat (I normally don't cheat on low carb. Go figure! lol) I'm up a nudge but I'm not worried

Here are my #s:

My tracking for this rogue p2 (goal 190 ) :
May 27 - VLCD #1 starts today. Weighed in at 203lbs (after a full weekend of "loading)
May 28 - VLCD #2 - 202 lbs
May 29 - VLCD #3 - 200
May 30 - VLCD #4 - 199
May 31 - 198.5 lbs (experiment weekend. Dosing while high fat/very low carb eating)
June 1 - 198.5 lbs (no weight gain still low carb/high fat and dosing)
June 2 - 199.5 lbs +1 lb from the weekend. Today back to vlcds

Let's see what happens this week in my continuous world of losing the pounds! :P

Gracie! Where did ya disappear to?! COME BACK!

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!!
Excellent job!! I'll bet you're refueled and going to lose well this week! I've often toyed with doing that type of cycling...higher cals on the weekend and back to vlcds during the week. Looking forward to your success this week!

Well, I did NOT keep it LC as intended, but it's really not that bad. I'm doing a lighter day, mostly GY, today, and hitting the gym. First combat class since my car accident in January. Hope my neck and shoulders agree we're ready .

We got a new kitten this weekend!! Ill post a pic, he's adorable! Only 4.5 weeks old and already stealing all of our hearts. Haven't named him yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.8 KB, 8 views)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #1234
Big Yapper!!!!

AWWW What a cute lil' kitty!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #1235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
It can well be that your body is thinking it's preggers, Shari. Let me tell you what has happened with me lately. I don't get a "normal" period or it's symptoms because a few years ago I had a cyst and polyps that caused me to bleed for 45 days straight (bleed profusely at that - SORRY TMI). I had surgery and to help with the bleeding as well as the plus of the bc, I had the mirena inserted. So, since, I don't normally bleed. HOWEVER, since doing hcg (this time and in the past) when I start the protocol, I spot bleed here and there. Not enough to call it TOM but enough to make me wonder what the hcg does to our bodies

I think you're taking the right approach for you! Hopefully those TOM symptoms subside soon!!! GL and in the meantime, enjoy low carb
Pati - this s my problem, too ! They found a polyp and gave me progesterone to stop the bleeding (which it did, pretty fast, I might add). Now I am waiting to find out when they will remove it. They did mention mirena but I have seen the lawyers advertising to sue them and a perforated uterus is too scary a side effect for me. I would rather just take the pills.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #1236
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Pati - this s my problem, too ! They found a polyp and gave me progesterone to stop the bleeding (which it did, pretty fast, I might add). Now I am waiting to find out when they will remove it. They did mention mirena but I have seen the lawyers advertising to sue them and a perforated uterus is too scary a side effect for me. I would rather just take the pills.
It's horrible!

I know about the side effects of Mirena...I mean everything has side effects so I weighed my options and went for it. Best decision thus far...I am on another "mommy" board if you will. The board is a spin off from a larger site and we have all became really close friends. Some of the moms on that board use the same bc and well, time and time again, it was all positive feedback so I went for it

I hated the pills. They made me extremely nauseous. I felt pregnant and ate like i was too!

From time to time, I do worry about it but I get it checked often. At the time I made the decision I was DESPERATE to get the bleeding to stop and I went for it I mean 45 days is a LONG TIME TO BLEED PROFUSELY! (I couldn't move...literally without gushing out blood).
Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #1237

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Aww Deb, I hope you feel better.

Stina and Pati~ I can't even imagine what you all went/are going through. I mean I felt miserable for just the 3 days outside of my normal TOM period. I feel a lot better now since it's finally here, just tired. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight. I have fibroids, but nothing that needs emergency medical care...I was told that I can be proactive and have them taken care of but I don't like to have surgery or any other procedures unless it's necessary. I'm glad that it's a bunch of women on this board so can talk so freely I can't take bc pills or any type of hormones, I become different animal..and not a cute one like Julie's kitten (Julie!! he's sooo cute ) The best bc for me is the Paraguard IUD...love it!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #1238
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Stina and Pati~ I can't even imagine what you all went/are going through. I mean I felt miserable for just the 3 days outside of my normal TOM period. I feel a lot better now since it's finally here, just tired. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight. I have fibroids, but nothing that needs emergency medical care...I was told that I can be proactive and have them taken care of but I don't like to have surgery or any other procedures unless it's necessary. I'm glad that it's a bunch of women on this board so can talk so freely I can't take bc pills or any type of hormones, I become different animal..and not a cute one like Julie's kitten (Julie!! he's sooo cute ) The best bc for me is the Paraguard IUD...love it!
Agreed...Me and BC "pills/hormones" are not fun! I hated them. So far so good with the Mirena (I actually considered Paraguard as well...I don't remember why I chose one over the other except for maybe the # of women I knew on Mirena? )

Glad you're feeling better
Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #1239
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks! He's the cutest little thing! We love him, but haven't named him yet. Smart little guy uses the litterbox and eats and drinks like a big boy, only he's so tiny!

Hope you're all doing well. I've only had GY all day and now have a hankering for a burger. I think I'll go enjoy one for dinner. I don't want to do a true cd anyway, it was just convenient to take to the water park .
Old 06-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #1240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
It's horrible!

I know about the side effects of Mirena...I mean everything has side effects so I weighed my options and went for it. Best decision thus far...I am on another "mommy" board if you will. The board is a spin off from a larger site and we have all became really close friends. Some of the moms on that board use the same bc and well, time and time again, it was all positive feedback so I went for it

I hated the pills. They made me extremely nauseous. I felt pregnant and ate like i was too!

From time to time, I do worry about it but I get it checked often. At the time I made the decision I was DESPERATE to get the bleeding to stop and I went for it I mean 45 days is a LONG TIME TO BLEED PROFUSELY! (I couldn't move...literally without gushing out blood).
As soon as I stood up last week, it was a flood and other gross stuff happening. I am glad there are different options that work for each of us. So far the progesterone has been great ! I am positive I have been low on progesterone for years so my body is glad to have it back.

I have been trying to find a good women's site but only found the hsyterectomy siblings one.

Quote:

I had/have fibroids, too. The PA said my uterus was like a 3 month pregnancy on Friday ! In 2010, I had bleeding for 2 months and I was able to get a myomectomy. The ultrasound person said I only had 4 and they were not "that big". Well, guess what ? There was 19 ! My doc so wanted to give me a hysterectomy but I told her she better not and put a letter in my file to that effect before the surgery. I tell you, some of these doctors want to cut out your uterus and throw it away, meanwhile we still have to deal with unbalanced hormones.

Deb, hope you feel better soon !
Old 06-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #1241
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
As soon as I stood up last week, it was a flood and other gross stuff happening. I am glad there are different options that work for each of us. So far the progesterone has been great ! I am positive I have been low on progesterone for years so my body is glad to have it back.

I have been trying to find a good women's site but only found the hsyterectomy siblings one.

I had/have fibroids, too. The PA said my uterus was like a 3 month pregnancy on Friday ! In 2010, I had bleeding for 2 months and I was able to get a myomectomy. The ultrasound person said I only had 4 and they were not "that big". Well, guess what ? There was 19 ! My doc so wanted to give me a hysterectomy but I told her she better not and put a letter in my file to that effect before the surgery. I tell you, some of these doctors want to cut out your uterus and throw it away, meanwhile we still have to deal with unbalanced hormones.

Deb, hope you feel better soon !
You've been through so much and I am so glad you're getting control!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:13 AM   #1242
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks! He's the cutest little thing! We love him, but haven't named him yet. Smart little guy uses the litterbox and eats and drinks like a big boy, only he's so tiny!

Hope you're all doing well. I've only had GY all day and now have a hankering for a burger. I think I'll go enjoy one for dinner. I don't want to do a true cd anyway, it was just convenient to take to the water park .
How sweet Can't wait to find out what you will be calling the cutie

I need to try GY during the day here. Do you eat it plain? I don't think I can actually eat that ALL day but I can have 2 here at work and maybe something low carb/lighter at dinner.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:26 AM   #1243
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Ladies! How are you all doing?

Deb, hope you're feeling better....

Shari, how's it going?

Gracie, hope you're okay! Come check in...

Everyone else, how are y'all?!? Come on in and post will ya

Well, I ate ALOT yesterday! Made spicy stir fry cauliflower (here's a pic)
Also had a big ol' NY strip
Coffee with creamer
Quest bar

I was stuffed to the gills!

Here are today's #s

May 27 - VLCD #1 starts today. Weighed in at 203lbs (after a full weekend of "loading)
May 29 - VLCD #3 - 200
May 30 - VLCD #4 - 199
May 31 - 198.5 lbs (experiment weekend. Dosing while high fat/very low carb eating)
June 3 - 199 - .5lbs (yesterday was supposed to be low cals but my niece showed up and well...We ate ALOT! LOL)
Old 06-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #1244

Quote:
Morning Ladies! How are you all doing?

Deb, hope you're feeling better....

Shari, how's it going?

Gracie, hope you're okay! Come check in...

Everyone else, how are y'all?!? Come on in and post will ya

Well, I ate ALOT yesterday! Made spicy stir fry cauliflower (here's a pic)
Also had a big ol' NY strip
Coffee with creamer
Quest bar

I was stuffed to the gills!

Here are today's #s

May 29 - VLCD #3 - 200
May 30 - VLCD #4 - 199
June 3 - 199 - .5lbs (yesterday was supposed to be low cals but my niece showed up and well...We ate ALOT! LOL)
Hey Pati!! you ate alot and are still losing!!! I saw that pic on FB and immediately drooled...

I am a bit better, still queasy, don't know what happened, but I just want to eat sweets and I should not. Seems to calm my tummy though.

I love GY with berries in it, and a bit of sweetner, can't eat it plain.. but it is filling!

Hope everyone is feeling good today!! Happy losing!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #1245
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hey Pati!! you ate alot and are still losing!!! I saw that pic on FB and immediately drooled...

I am a bit better, still queasy, don't know what happened, but I just want to eat sweets and I should not. Seems to calm my tummy though.

I love GY with berries in it, and a bit of sweetner, can't eat it plain.. but it is filling!

Oh pooeeyy! Feel better soon!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #1246
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW - I am trying to not complain but it's good to note (in case I have to go back and read what's going on when) - I SWEAR that the homeopathic stuff just does something weird to my body...I've been getting these weird lil' dull headache pains. I haven't changed a thing! They started at the end of last week. Not enough to make me take meds but still annoying (I'm writing it now cuz I'm feeling it now)....rrrggghhh.. (Ok. Carry on! LOL)
Old 06-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #1247

Quote:
BTW - I am trying to not complain but it's good to note (in case I have to go back and read what's going on when) - I SWEAR that the homeopathic stuff just does something weird to my body...I've been getting these weird lil' dull headache pains. I haven't changed a thing! They started at the end of last week. Not enough to make me take meds but still annoying (I'm writing it now cuz I'm feeling it now)....rrrggghhh.. (Ok. Carry on! LOL)
That is good to note!! Also very interesting..
Old 06-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #1248

Happy Tuesday ladies!

Stina~wow, that's awful that the first thing some docs want to do is go for a hysterectomy. You certainly have to do your own research and be clear about what you feel is best for your body. I'm so happy to read that the hormone is working for you!

Julie~ kitty is smart, nice that he's adjusting well to his new home. You're making me want yogurt now...like Deb, I love it with fruit & sweetner or sf jello packs.

Pati~whoo-hooo!! You did eat a lot yesterday, what a nice loss....and that stir-fry looks yummy! I think Gracie had the same side effect when she took the pellet form. Yeah, it seems this time the homeopathic brand is doing some weird stuff to us. I've never had issues like this before either. Hopefully it won't stay that way...

Deb~I'm sorry you're still not the best. I pray it pass for you, and you begin to feel better.

Bitsky and Gracie~hope all is well

I decided to not weigh today with TOM in the picture...still eating very low carb and feeling a lot better today.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #1249
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning my friends!

Sheba- that's quite a lot to process! I hope th medication continues to help and that the dr will recognize it and continue to help in that way. Must be so hard!

Pati-yum! That looks delicious! I only like certain kinds of GY, I'm a snob . Once you try Voskos full fat, you won't like the others either. That Fage stuf is icky! My Voskos is so smooth and creamy! . I also like Trader Joes brand, but its tough to get there often enough. I add some strawberries or blueberries and Splenda. My favorite treat, so on days when that's all I eat (cd) I don't feel punished and am always rewarded with a 2 lb or so loss. Win/win. Yesterday I didn't have it all day, was craving a burger for dinner so I had that instead. Still dropped 1.4 despite being sore today from exercise. so cool that you're eating well and still losing!! Nice!

Quote:

Glad you're feeling a bit better. So sorry you were sick! Hope you're all the way better today!

Quote:
Happy Tuesday ladies!

Stina~wow, that's awful that the first thing some docs want to do is go for a hysterectomy. You certainly have to do your own research and be clear about what you feel is best for your body. I'm so happy to read that the hormone is working for you!

Julie~ kitty is smart, nice that he's adjusting well to his new home. You're making me want yogurt now...like Deb, I love it with fruit & sweetner or sf jello packs.

Pati~whoo-hooo!! You did eat a lot yesterday, what a nice loss....and that stir-fry looks yummy! I think Gracie had the same side effect when she took the pellet form. Yeah, it seems this time the homeopathic brand is doing some weird stuff to us. I've never had issues like this before either. Hopefully it won't stay that way...

Deb~I'm sorry you're still not the best. I pray it pass for you, and you begin to feel better.

Bitsky and Gracie~hope all is well

I decided to not weigh today with TOM in the picture...still eating very low carb and feeling a lot better today.
Glad you're feeling better too! hope the scale rewards you for your hard work!

Hi Gracie and Btisky!

I'm down a bit, just a sliver out of my window today, but that's fine. I'm very happy with that. We'll be home all day today-which is good! I need to grocery shop and get the house together, actually cook a meal, etc. we've been having a lot of fun but not home much, which accumulates into a slightly out of control feeling after a while . Heading back to the water park Thursday with other friends. It's a fun day, and here in AZ when it's 108 and you don't own a pool, $30 season passes save the day! It's just a long day out when we go. I pack lunches and really like the kids being outside and active (hard to do here in the summer!). But we're all wiped out when we get home. I need to be better prepared and do a crock pot meal those days.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #1250
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Happy Tuesday ladies!
Glad you're feeling better and eating well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm down a bit, just a sliver out of my window today, but that's fine. I'm very happy with that. We'll be home all day today-which is good! I need to grocery shop and get the house together, actually cook a meal, etc. we've been having a lot of fun but not home much, which accumulates into a slightly out of control feeling after a while . Heading back to the water park Thursday with other friends. It's a fun day, and here in AZ when it's 108 and you don't own a pool, $30 season passes save the day! It's just a long day out when we go. I pack lunches and really like the kids being outside and active (hard to do here in the summer!). But we're all wiped out when we get home. I need to be better prepared and do a crock pot meal those days.
Thanks! I will look for Voskos yogurt today (not to do a correction day but just to consume ) ...I always went for the Fage so I can't wait to try the one you love..

You definitely have rocked maintenance!!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #1251
Big Yapper!!!!

Just a quickie update for me...I have been "fasting" during work. Today my hunger was at a 10 (from 1-10; 10 being the highest) I was starved..So needless to say, I didn't wait. I actually had a locarb salad and a quest bar (yep I was THAT hungry)...So my schedule or plan of being vlcs for a round aren't doing too good. I think I will call the "round" quits and just keep up with the low carb eating for the rest of the week. I will stop the drops as well....

I'm sure reading all these JUDDD threads didn't help the situation. Not saying I'm diving head first into JUDDD but I'm really craving the need to try it!? The only thing keeping me from it is the mindset instilled in me that "carbs are the devil"

So for now, I'm going to keep the low carb thing going without over eating... (I'm such a diet cornfused child )
Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #1252
Big Yapper!!!!

Seriously....I hope everything is okay with Gracie!! It's not like her to not post )
Old 06-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #1253

Quote:
Just a quickie update for me...I have been "fasting" during work. Today my hunger was at a 10 (from 1-10; 10 being the highest) I was starved..So needless to say, I didn't wait. I actually had a locarb salad and a quest bar (yep I was THAT hungry)...So my schedule or plan of being vlcs for a round aren't doing too good. I think I will call the "round" quits and just keep up with the low carb eating for the rest of the week. I will stop the drops as well....

I'm sure reading all these JUDDD threads didn't help the situation. Not saying I'm diving head first into JUDDD but I'm really craving the need to try it!? The only thing keeping me from it is the mindset instilled in me that "carbs are the devil"

So for now, I'm going to keep the low carb thing going without over eating... (I'm such a diet cornfused child )
So normal Pati!!.. I still think of the different things I would like to try, and the big bad diet monster telling me to not eat carbs.. or not eat too much of this or that.. There has to be a happy medium.. could we possibly trust our body and instincts?... SCARY!!!!!

Do what you FEEL in your gut will work best for you.. your rules.. you decide..
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #1254
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So normal Pati!!.. I still think of the different things I would like to try, and the big bad diet monster telling me to not eat carbs.. or not eat too much of this or that.. There has to be a happy medium.. could we possibly trust our body and instincts?... SCARY!!!!!

Do what you FEEL in your gut will work best for you.. your rules.. you decide..
You guys and your support is invaluable! Couldn't ever put a price on it!!!

Well, for this week (I'll attempt to commit a week at a time? ) I will stick to low carb.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #1255
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW - English is my second language...forgive me if I sometimes don't make sense! :P
Old 06-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #1256

Quote:
BTW - English is my second language...forgive me if I sometimes don't make sense! :P
You make perfect sense
Old 06-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #1257

Shari, I sure hope TOM leaves you alone soon!!! Good grief that dude is on a tear lately!..

Julie, you are where I want to be!!... Congrats on such a good stabilization!
So school is out for your girls and you get to have fun all summer? NICE!...

Stina, hope the hormones continue to help you and happy you can say NO to the doc.. you know your body and choices best...

Feeling much better after lunch. We are so busy at work right now, end of the fiscal year again, and down one person.. this means OT for me again.. good and bad... $$ = good! OT = bad...
Old 06-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #1258

Pati, really? I'd have never guessed that English is your second language...you always make sense to me. Interesting that you posted this just now, I'll tell you something I was actually thinking about today. I was debating in my head whether or not I'll return to hhcg after TOM and if not, then what? I really thought about the ideal and realistic goal we're told is that it's best to lose around 2 lbs week, so I was thinking that if I could set that as a reasonable goal (when doing other plans, not the protocol--which I still think is the best lol) think of this using a 9 week plan:

'normal' diet plan': 2 lbs/wk X 9 weeks = 18 lbs (approx)

'protocol' diet plan: (average) 15-20 lbs in 3 weeks, but you are encouraged to stabilize for 6 additional weeks (3 weeks in P3 & 3 weeks in P4) = 15-20 lbs in 9 weeks (approx)

It almost equals out to be around the same in pounds, the differences I'd say is the inch loss may be better with protocol but inch loss does happen with other plans too. It just take more patience and time. Does this make sense?

ETA: I said all this to say that it really boils down to what you can do at that time because eventually it ends out the same

Last edited by shari; 06-03-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #1259

Quote:
Pati, really? I'd have never guessed that English is your second language...you always make sense to me. Interesting that you posted this just now, I'll tell you something I was actually thinking about today. I was debating in my head whether or not I'll return to hhcg after TOM and if not, then what? I really thought about the ideal and realistic goal we're told is that it's best to lose around 2 lbs week, so I was thinking that if I could set that as a reasonable goal (when doing other plans, not the protocol--which I still think is the best lol) think of this using a 9 week plan:

'protocol' diet plan: (average) 15-20 lbs in 3 weeks, but you are encouraged to stabilize for 6 additional weeks (3 weeks in P3 & 3 weeks in P4) = 15-20 lbs in 9 weeks (approx)

It almost equals out to be around the same in pounds, the differences I'd say is the inch loss may be better with protocol but inch loss does happen with other plans too. It just take more patience and time. Does this make sense?

ETA: I said all this to say that it really boils down to what you can do at that time because eventually it ends out the same
YES MA'AM!! it does make sense and I have been thinking the same thing.. which is why I encourage you and Pati and everyone including ME, to do what you feel will work best for you... for us....

Yep, HCG works, but so does lots of other things.. I love having choices and discussions... thanks for sharing Shari!..
Old 06-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #1260
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

This makes absolute sense! And you're absolutely right...It all boils down pretty much to the same amount of loss/time.

We hewmons (lol) love instant gratification which we tend to get when doing hcg diet! *smacks forehead*

Are you going to continue with Low Carb?