Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #1171
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies !

Glad to see most of you are enjoying yourselves ! Somehow I broke my stall and lost 3 more pounds. I have been struggling with my bg#s but I have other stressors happening right now and it's hard to focus with these horrific peri-menopause symptoms. I'm going to the gynecologist on Friday so I expect her to help me get my hormones level, like asap.
Good to see you Stina.. I hope you get some help!! I sure remember those times of peri and hated it.. but the good news is when you get to the other side it is wonderful... Take care of yourself!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi peeps! I'm back on track today and eating LC. I may experiment though with drops and LC eating staying around 800 cals. I just like how the hhcg makes me not hungry. I'll let y'all know!

Last night was Ricky's athletic banquet. He was recognized for football, track & field, and basketball. He lettered in track & field. He was 2 quarters short for football. But, being a freshman QB that was pretty good! We were very proud. Right now he's in baseball but through a travel league in our town. He may join the high school baseball team next year but he'd have to give up track.

Here's a pic of him and his girlfriend from last night - sorry, it's a little blurry!
Dang girl your boy is growing up!!!!..
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Um...did you say a 10? And what size are those baggy things you are currently wearing? That's a start my friend!! I'll bet you look and feel great!! I'm telling you, if you go shopping and get some new smaller clothes you'll be amazed and delighted!! It's like having a beautifully wrapped present but never opening it! You're killing me!

I *can* be strong minded...when I'm in the zone. it's getting in and STAYING in the zone that's tricky . I've done it on P2 several times, but never on P3/4. That was a first, and tough, but dh has been so wonderful for my birthday and celebrating me, that I wanted to do something nice for him (he basically got his favorite meal for free using my bday coupon).
You're down a lb and on your way! If the hhcg works and you can hit your goal it'll make a wonderful summer!!

Bitsky-I'm sure kale would be fine . Good luck!

Shari-you're doing well, even despite the stupid hormones. Good! Hope this week continues well for you .

I'm doing fine. Down 2.5 from my GY, back to range, and 153.7 at 4:45am! I'd like to think it'd be lower a bit later. Had to take my friend to the airport early this morning. And, dh left our side gate open last night, so I was chasing 2 of our dogs around the neighborhood at 5am! . I'm a bit sleepy, but looking forward to another good day. I'm so pleased with this round! I'm in P4 (day 4) and happy and satisfied
You got this Julie!! Look how well you are doing this time!.. Get some rest!!

yes yes I know I need new clothes... My baggies in the blurry pics are size 16 or 18? not sure.. I am getting together a big ole bag of things to toss out. nobody needs these things...
Old 05-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #1174
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Hi, ladies !

Glad to see most of you are enjoying yourselves ! Somehow I broke my stall and lost 3 more pounds. I have been struggling with my bg#s but I have other stressors happening right now and it's hard to focus with these horrific peri-menopause symptoms. I'm going to the gynecologist on Friday so I expect her to help me get my hormones level, like asap.
Stina! Nice to see you posting

on the 3 lbs....

for the hormones being out of whack! Hoping the gyno can get that straightened out...

You've been missed...
Old 05-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #1175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitsky
WOE: HCG VLCD
Start Date: May 26
anyone drink Wheat Grass on P2? I also have this Greens First powder, it might have too many fruits and veggies in it to have while on P2 though. I want to have something quick and easy I can make/grab when I don't have time to actually put effort into it.
Day one of the VLCD and I almost cheated... lol I thought I wouldn't feel like eating after the last 2 days but by 11am this morning I wanted something...anything. This is going to be a tough round I think I had to fast for some blood work today so the 'starving' feeling might be in my mind. I'm going to have some shrimp for lunch and I'm going to blend up some kale to make a bit of a sauce for my shrimp... my meals usually end up tasting different than I imagined so we'll see how it turns out lol.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Stina! Nice to see you posting

on the 3 lbs....

for the hormones being out of whack! Hoping the gyno can get that straightened out...

You've been missed...
AGREE!!! Pati how is today going? Do you think the HHCG is working as well for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
anyone drink Wheat Grass on P2? I also have this Greens First powder, it might have too many fruits and veggies in it to have while on P2 though. I want to have something quick and easy I can make/grab when I don't have time to actually put effort into it.
Day one of the VLCD and I almost cheated... lol I thought I wouldn't feel like eating after the last 2 days but by 11am this morning I wanted something...anything. This is going to be a tough round I think I had to fast for some blood work today so the 'starving' feeling might be in my mind. I'm going to have some shrimp for lunch and I'm going to blend up some kale to make a bit of a sauce for my shrimp... my meals usually end up tasting different than I imagined so we'll see how it turns out lol.
This is very typical! The first few days are the hardest as you know.. Get through them and you will be fine. I felt the same way, I didn't want to eat another thing after loading, then bam, I was hungry on day 1..

Never had Wheat Grass..
Old 05-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #1177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitsky
WOE: HCG VLCD
Start Date: May 26
omg yuck. so my lunch didn't turn out and this is exactly what makes me want to have something yummy.

So I steamed up some shrimp and instead of Kale I used the rainbow chard I just picked up...never used it before but I assumed I could use it the same as kale....anyway... I toss the blended chard in with my spiced up shrimp.....YUCK it tasted like I just caught the fishiest fish that was caught in some seaweed and started eating it right there... so gross.
Back to the drawing board for tomorrow, I'm settling for a protein shake at this point for speed purposes. Supper should go better, ground chicken patty and I won't be making any 'green' sauce for it.

Last edited by Bitsky; 05-28-2014 at 01:45 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #1178
Big Yapper!!!!

It's 3:00 PM and so far so good, Deb. Not sure if it's the hhcg OR the fact that I am sorta used to fasting

I'm repeating yesterdays meals exactly so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow (trying to figure out if my rotel/burger/laughing cow thingy is too heavy for me to eat while on hhcg? I will have a quest bar after dinner and then my coffee to top me off before bed

Bitsky, I do that all the time. I try to be a "chef" and make up my own concoctions and it always fails!! LOL I need to stick to what others have tried or disaster occurs
Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #1179
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Hi, ladies !

Nice to see you! Hope you can get that straightened out...but congrats on the loss! WTG!!

Quote:
Julie, you sure rocked this round! BEGINNING TO END! SO PROUD OF YOU!

Gracie, your pic. YAY for your DS!

Let us know what you decide to do...dosing and atkins? I would love to see the results! I bet you'll kick arse
Well, there's still the dreaded P4 that I am toying with destroying . Too many indulgences today that I feel may undo my gycd. We shall see...

Quote:
Hi peeps! I'm back on track today and eating LC. I may experiment though with drops and LC eating staying around 800 cals. I just like how the hhcg makes me not hungry. I'll let y'all know!

Last night was Ricky's athletic banquet. He was recognized for football, track & field, and basketball. He lettered in track & field. He was 2 quarters short for football. But, being a freshman QB that was pretty good! We were very proud. Right now he's in baseball but through a travel league in our town. He may join the high school baseball team next year but he'd have to give up track.

Here's a pic of him and his girlfriend from last night - sorry, it's a little blurry!
How cute! He has a GF already? My dd's aren't allowed to date until they're 30 . Quite a runner! Good for him!! I wish I liked to do it. Hope your new ideas pay off.

Quote:
Quote:
omg yuck. so my lunch didn't turn out and this is exactly what makes me want to have something yummy.

So I steamed up some shrimp and instead of Kale I used the rainbow chard I just picked up...never used it before but I assumed I could use it the same as kale....anyway... I toss the blended chard in with my spiced up shrimp.....YUCK it tasted like I just caught the fishiest fish that was caught in some seaweed and started eating it right there... so gross.
Back to the drawing board for tomorrow, I'm settling for a protein shake at this point for speed purposes. Supper should go better, ground chicken patty and I won't be making any 'green' sauce for it.
Bummer the shrimp didn't go well . Try just lemon and garlic next time... Delicious! Have the greens on the side as a salad . Hope dinner went well!

Quote:
It's 3:00 PM and so far so good, Deb. Not sure if it's the hhcg OR the fact that I am sorta used to fasting

I'm repeating yesterdays meals exactly so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow (trying to figure out if my rotel/burger/laughing cow thingy is too heavy for me to eat while on hhcg? I will have a quest bar after dinner and then my coffee to top me off before bed

Bitsky, I do that all the time. I try to be a "chef" and make up my own concoctions and it always fails!! LOL I need to stick to what others have tried or disaster occurs
That's so funny! I did the repeat the meal thing most of my second half of P2. And you know I will be eating it again my next round! Good luck girl!
And, where are my pictures? Surely you have a few good ones from your anniversary weekend? Hmmm?

Deb-that's quite a range of sizes. You've done well holding out so long, but it's time to shed your baggy hiding clothes and show off your hard work!

Well, given that today is the day after my gycd, a smart girl would have kept it light and low carb. Not me! I had froyo for lunch on the run, and white pizza for dinner it was free! A birthday coupon ($20 value) that I couldn't pass up! The good news is I stuck to 2 pieces, and only a few bites of gelato for dessert. that's big progress for me!! I'm pretty confident I'll be back up tomorrow, and I have lunch plans with some girlfriends (my final bday celebration) so I will do a light dinner to compensate and hope for the best!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 05-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #1180

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Hey ladies! I got busy yesterday so missed coming back to catch up on all the great posts:

Deb~WOW, size 10?!! Congratulations!!! I agree with Julie, seeing yourself in smaller clothes is a treat in itself and like a invisible pat on the back for committing to P2. I'm sure those 16's and 18's are of NO use to you right now. WTG on stabilizing!!

Pati~thanks, congrats to you too on the pound loss! Hey that's why we are rogue, gotta do what works and as long as you're losing why stop? Hopefully the whoosh fairy was good to you again today.

Bitsy~like Pati said, I blend it raw. Never tried wheat grass or rainbow chard, but after you last post, I don't think I'll try it Hopefully the fairy was good to you today too. Glad you're here posting with us

Julie~ I missed you saying you ate GY while hubby munched in Mexican?!! Whoa...that's amazing! I couldn't have been as strong, kuddos to you! Also, you did well yesterday, not going overboard is progress! I know from the bread pudding experiment how hard it is to limit yourself after having a taste of yummy food, so you did very good!

Stina~ congrats on breaking your stall, and I'm soooo happy to see you posting again! Sorry you're going through peri changes, hopefully the gyn will be able to help relieve those awful symptoms. It's like TOM has to give a big bang before the final exit. Hope you feel better

Gracie~ nice pic of your son and gf, congrats to him for being such the athlete! I'm going to try hcg 2.0 version for awhile to help...I love my fruit, but I also love being able to eat more protein and fat. So we'll be experimenting together. Deb, didn't you lose weight before eating low carb in P2?
Old 05-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #1181

Down 0.8 today which I'm happy about since I usually gain easily 3-5 lbs during PMS/early TOM. We're battling, mentally and physically, as I'm craving sweets and feel bloated despite loss...trying to stick it through. Like I posted earlier, I'm going to take out or limit fruit for a minute to help with cravings and enter deeper ketosis.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #1182

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Down 0.8 today which I'm happy about since I usually gain easily 3-5 lbs during PMS/early TOM. We're battling, mentally and physically, as I'm craving sweets and feel bloated despite loss...trying to stick it through. Like I posted earlier, I'm going to take out or limit fruit for a minute to help with cravings and enter deeper ketosis.
Wonderful job Shari!!! this is progress!!! Keep it up and find something for your cravings that won't hurt you.. like a quest bar?.. I don't have any but the girls seem to think it works nicely!

My sizes are all over the place because at work, we can wear whatever and just be comfy.. so I do. I guess I need to see myself as others might, and just do it. I still have a really hard time with the mirror..

Julie, sorry to make you crazy!. I am not used to getting anything for myself, always for the family... I will work on that..
Old 05-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #1183
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning Loves

Week is flying by...Gotta love when we have short work weeks I'm excited as I took a bunch of Fridays off starting in June and til the end of summer! Like I said, I love short work weeks

Julie - Despite all the birthday celebrating, you are doing fantastically! That's what P4 is for isn't it? To learn to live and eat well without over doing it? I think you're doing splendid!

Shari - Congrats on the loss today!!! BTW I have to tell you, you definitely should invest in a few Quest Bars for those times when the sweet cravings hit! They are sooooo flippin' good! Even half would curve (curb? - LOL) the sweet tooth. I eat a whole one almost every other day (last two days I've had one each) and still see losses. Just a thought

Deb - GET NEW CLOTHES Once you see yourself with the smaller stuff, you and that mirror will stop that fighting you have going on

As you guys know, I repeated my meals as I did the day before yesterday with the exception of one tiny thing...I had much more beef yesterday than the night before (I was STARVED!! I didn't get to eat til 6:30 PM!! ) The scale was uber nice to me today too!

Here are my #s:

My tracking for this rogue p2 (goal 190 ) :
May 27 - VLCD #1 starts today. Weighed in at 203lbs (after a full weekend of "loading)
May 28 - VLCD #2 - 202 lbs
May 29 - VLCD #3 - 200

Guess what I am eating today?

Have a good day ladies!!!

Last edited by 12yrslater; 05-29-2014 at 07:24 AM..
Old 05-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #1184

Quote:
Good Morning Loves

Week is flying by...Gotta love when we have short work weeks I'm excited as I took a bunch of Fridays off starting in June and til the end of summer! Like I said, I love short work weeks

Julie - Despite all the birthday celebrating, you are doing fantastically! That's what P4 is for isn't it? To learn to live and eat well without over doing it? I think you're doing splendid!

Shari - Congrats on the loss today!!! BTW I have to tell you, you definitely should invest in a few Quest Bars for those times when the sweet cravings hit! They are sooooo flippin' good! Even half would curve (curb? - LOL) the sweet tooth. I eat a whole one almost every other day (last two days I've had one each) and still see losses. Just a thought

Deb - GET NEW CLOTHES Once you see yourself with the smaller stuff, you and that mirror will stop that fighting you have going on

As you guys know, I repeated my meals as I did the day before yesterday with the exception of one tiny thing...I had much more beef yesterday than the night before (I was STARVED!! I didn't get to eat til 6:30 PM!! ) The scale was uber nice to me today too!

Here are my #s:

May 27 - VLCD #1 starts today. Weighed in at 203lbs (after a full weekend of "loading)
May 29 - VLCD #3 - 200

GO PATI!! wow.. congrats on a very nice loss!!

Keep it up, you are on to something, just don't get to the starving point! Your body will not enjoy that too often..
Old 05-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #1185
Big Yapper!!!!

It wasn't by choice I didn't want to break the "fast" with a Quest bar. I think the best way to break a fast is with protein and I didn't get out of work on time and then had to go pick up the dd.

I will be home by 430 latest today so I should be good!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #1186

Quote:
It wasn't by choice I didn't want to break the "fast" with a Quest bar. I think the best way to break a fast is with protein and I didn't get out of work on time and then had to go pick up the dd.

I will be home by 430 latest today so I should be good!
AH!!! ok, well today will be better!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #1187
Big Yapper!!!!

My tongue is sticking out desperately wanting to taste the 190s!!!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #1188
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Hey ladies! I got busy yesterday so missed coming back to catch up on all the great posts:

Deb~WOW, size 10?!! Congratulations!!! I agree with Julie, seeing yourself in smaller clothes is a treat in itself and like a invisible pat on the back for committing to P2. I'm sure those 16's and 18's are of NO use to you right now. WTG on stabilizing!!

Julie~ I missed you saying you ate GY while hubby munched in Mexican?!! Whoa...that's amazing! I couldn't have been as strong, kuddos to you! Also, you did well yesterday, not going overboard is progress! I know from the bread pudding experiment how hard it is to limit yourself after having a taste of yummy food, so you did very good!
Yes! On my gycd I watch dh enjoy Rubios (not sure if you guys have them) similar to Chipotle. Sigh! But it was worth it . I'm practicing the smaller portion thing. "I can have that later" is becoming my motto!

Quote:
Nice! I dropped my apple (kept my strawberries) after my PI and did a lot better. Hope it works well for you too! Sure looks that way! great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
My sizes are all over the place because at work, we can wear whatever and just be comfy.. so I do. I guess I need to see myself as others might, and just do it. I still have a really hard time with the mirror..

Julie, sorry to make you crazy!. I am not used to getting anything for myself, always for the family... I will work on that..
I'll live . There must be a kohls near you. How about just 1 outfit? Consider it something your family will be proud of. I get the mom thing, trust me! I've been given money from my mom and mil for my bday, and usually I just deposit into the bank for general fund use. But this year? I decided to actually spend it on ME! My dd's were a bit surprised and wanted me to buy them all kinds of clothes, but I took my actual bday as a shopping for ME day! It helped having my friend along with me, she reminded my girls of who's bday it was . And you know what! I don't feel guilty about it! I look good in my new dresses. my dd's are proud of me . I know your dh and kids will be proud of you too! You've lost how much weight since those clothes actually fit you? 35lbs at least. You tried on a 10 is weekend!! that's like every woman's dream size... A perfect 10!! Earlier last year wouldn't you have loved to be a size 10? You ARE!! Show it off girl!! ok, I'll stop now. I just want your to see all your hard work and hear the compliments I know will follow new clothes. You'll feel so encouraged and motivated!

Quote:
Good Morning Loves

Here are my #s:

May 29 - VLCD #3 - 200

almost there! Beef rocks!! Worked great for me too!! WTG!! You're so close...tomorrow is your ONEDERLAND day!! So happy for you!!yay!!

I'm up, as expected, but still in my window! . Barely . But IN!! woohoo! Dining out for lunch with my girlfriends so I know that won't be low carb entirely, but I will lighten up dinner to compensate and hope for the best!! I'm not feeling as panicky this P4 has I have in the past. I feel somewhat in control, that I can have some carbier things without going completely overboard and that my body can tolerate it much better than in the past. I'm not sure if it's all the RRARFing, metabolism refueling I did for those months of Dec. through March, or the Rx- but something seems different, better to me. I'm taking it seriously, trying to stay in control aware that any indulgence will also be around later, so I don't need to eat the WHOLE thing right now. I'm very pleased with this feeling and phase!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #1189

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Well today my baby graduated from preschool It was so cute! I can't believe she will be going to Kindergarten next year I'm trying to find a day camp for the summer. There's usually one in our borough but we are getting new bleachers and concession area so everything is torn up and wouldn't be safe for the kids.

Congrats to everyone on their losses/maintaining! I have decided to add the hhcg with my low-carb and see how it goes. I'm going to keep my calories around 800 though because I need to eat!!! And I'm definitely going to have to try those Quest bars. I just want to see the 190's consistently for a while.

Here's some pics from today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ERGRAD.jpg (25.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ERGRAD2.jpg (38.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ERGRAD3.jpg (27.4 KB, 12 views)
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 05-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #1190

Oh, and I EXERCISED yesterday I walked for 50 minutes pretty quickly. I was jamming music and had my son's Dr. Dre Beats on It definitely makes the time go faster!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #1191
Big Yapper!!!!

Julie - You're eating great and rocking P4! I'm so happy for you! Honestly, I think rx has alot to do with it?? When I was talking to the GNC guy I asked him about his thoughts on hcg and he went on and on about how the "real stuff" works! Probably very true? Who knows. Right now I"m using the hhcg so I hope I'm not causing me any harm.

Gracie - Congrats to your sweet lil dd! She is precious. I just chuckled at the last pic of you three. Sooooo adorable!!!!

YAY FOR EXERCISING!! I stopped this week again after starting vlds. I think I can handle zumba with this but I haven't been able to get out of work at a decent time to make it to class...I'll try tomorrow.

BTW - Music MAKES A HUGE difference when working out

Good Luck with the hcg and low carbs. I bet you're going to do well!!! Do you know what your weight is right now?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #1192

Quote:
Julie - You're eating great and rocking P4! I'm so happy for you! Honestly, I think rx has alot to do with it?? When I was talking to the GNC guy I asked him about his thoughts on hcg and he went on and on about how the "real stuff" works! Probably very true? Who knows. Right now I"m using the hhcg so I hope I'm not causing me any harm.

Gracie - Congrats to your sweet lil dd! She is precious. I just chuckled at the last pic of you three. Sooooo adorable!!!!

YAY FOR EXERCISING!! I stopped this week again after starting vlds. I think I can handle zumba with this but I haven't been able to get out of work at a decent time to make it to class...I'll try tomorrow.

BTW - Music MAKES A HUGE difference when working out

Good Luck with the hcg and low carbs. I bet you're going to do well!!! Do you know what your weight is right now?

Yeah that last picture is hysterical! She is a HAM

I don't know what my weight is because TOM was just getting over and I overindulged quite a bit last weekend with beer. My clothes are all fitting okay though. I will weigh tomorrow morning and see if I'm just in denial
Old 05-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #1193
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yeah that last picture is hysterical! She is a HAM

I don't know what my weight is because TOM was just getting over and I overindulged quite a bit last weekend with beer. My clothes are all fitting okay though. I will weigh tomorrow morning and see if I'm just in denial
you have a few low carb days under your belt this week...You'll be fine

I'm considering JUDDD (when I make the 190 mark). You should join me (did we ever try JUDDD with the hcg? MAN WE ARE A BIG OL' BALL OF EXPERIMENTING AREN'T WE?!?!??! I thank Deb for that )
Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #1194

Quote:
you have a few low carb days under your belt this week...You'll be fine

I'm considering JUDDD (when I make the 190 mark). You should join me (did we ever try JUDDD with the hcg? MAN WE ARE A BIG OL' BALL OF EXPERIMENTING AREN'T WE?!?!??! I thank Deb for that )
I never tried JUDDD with hcg. I struggle with JUDDD. I tend to overeat on my UDs because I know I'll be fasting the next day. I did lose weight on it though. I was reading what another guy did which was basically JUDDD but he called it something else. He would alternate days - the first day he would eat 3 meals (no snacking) and the second day he would only eat dinner. He would eat whatever he wanted - didn't count calories or carbs. It worked for him. But of course men have it a bit easier than us ladies
Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #1195
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I never tried JUDDD with hcg. I struggle with JUDDD. I tend to overeat on my UDs because I know I'll be fasting the next day. I did lose weight on it though. I was reading what another guy did which was basically JUDDD but he called it something else. He would alternate days - the first day he would eat 3 meals (no snacking) and the second day he would only eat dinner. He would eat whatever he wanted - didn't count calories or carbs. It worked for him. But of course men have it a bit easier than us ladies
What he did sounds interesting...

But think about it, if you are using the hcg you won't need/want to eat as much on your up days and your down days will be a breeze cuz of the drops as well? It makes sense in my lil' head! LMAO
Old 05-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #1196

Pati~ whoop, whoop Congrats on such a great loss!! Right, why rock the boat if it's working?!! I too miss Zumba I just spoke to my co-worker Tuesday about us starting again, hopefully the end of next week. It's suppose to be the end of this cycle by then, but I'm gonna go by how I feel. Thanks for recommending Quest bars, are they similar to Atkins bars? I remembered after reading about your experiment that I have Atkins bars left over so maybe can try that if I want something sweet again. It surely beats the other types of food running through my mind

Deb~ I think you might have missed my question because it was jumbled in other messages LOL. I believe you lost a good amount of your weight when we first started by eating low carb and taking the drops, right? I vaguely remember trying it, but think I gained instead of losing so I didn't pursue it. Heck, this time I'll maybe try eating smaller amount of fat to see if this will work...

Gracie~ she's so cute, I can't believe how big she's getting and time if flying! What lovely pictures, I laughed too at the third one...she's smiling from ear to ear even with the cap down on her face! too cute

Oh JUDDD, it's tough for me too but yeah, the program definitely works if you can do it. I remember eating off (too high calories on UD)some days and the scale/body was very forgiving when deep into the cycle. Plus you can't ignore the overall health benefits from intermittent fasting....

Last edited by shari; 05-29-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Old 05-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #1197

Experimenting is GOOD!! ... If you can't stick with something, then it won't work. So why not make it something you CAN stick with?? That is my motto anyway! Works for me..

Most plans are trying to be a one plan fits all thing and that is not how real life is... So Pati, try JUDDD with HCG if you want.. or Gracie, Atkins with HCG. I sure had no problem trying anything. If it didn't work for me after a while, then move on...

Julie, you make such good points. it is time to take care of ME.. Great job on staying in your window in P4!! I don't think I ever did a proper P4.

Pati, you WILL see 190!! Put that thought out there to the world and watch it manifest!

Gracie, Erin is ADORABLE!... oh my... she is a ham.. Congrats on the exercise!!..
Old 05-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #1198

Quote:
Pati~ whoop, whoop Congrats on such a great loss!! Right, why rock the boat if it's working?!! I too miss Zumba I just spoke to my co-worker Tuesday about us starting again, hopefully the end of next week. It's suppose to be the end of this cycle by then, but I'm gonna go by how I feel. Thanks for recommending Quest bars, are they similar to Atkins bars? I remembered after reading about your experiment that I have Atkins bars left over so maybe can try that if I want something sweet again. It surely beats the other types of food running through my mind

Deb~ I think you might have missed my question because it was jumbled in other messages LOL. I believe you lost a good amount of your weight when we first started by eating low carb and taking the drops, right? I vaguely remember trying it, but think I gained instead of losing so I didn't pursue it. Heck, this time I'll maybe try eating smaller amount of fat to see if this will work...

Gracie~ she's so cute, I can't believe how big she's getting and time if flying! What lovely pictures, I laughed too at the third one...she's smiling from ear to ear even with the cap down on her face! too cute

Oh JUDDD, it's tough for me too but yeah, the program definitely works if you can do it. I remember eating off (too high calories on UD)some days and the scale/body was very forgiving when deep into the cycle. Plus you can't ignore the overall health benefits from intermittent fasting....
Sorry Shari this thread is moving fast!!! Yes, I did low carb with HHCG and lost. In fact I did HHCG with normal eating for a long time and lost. That is when I had a lot more to lose. I DO have to reduce my fat now, to lose on LC. Even then, I don't lose very fast.. HOWEVER, I don't gain either.

I have an Atkins bar when I want a sweet. Mostly because that is all I have. I keep saying I am going to get me some Quest bars, just have not done it yet.. I want to try them!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Sorry Shari this thread is moving fast!!! Yes, I did low carb with HHCG and lost. In fact I did HHCG with normal eating for a long time and lost. That is when I had a lot more to lose. I DO have to reduce my fat now, to lose on LC. Even then, I don't lose very fast.. HOWEVER, I don't gain either.

I have an Atkins bar when I want a sweet. Mostly because that is all I have. I keep saying I am going to get me some Quest bars, just have not done it yet.. I want to try them!
Great! Wow, I don't remember you eating regular food and still losing, but I know you tried a lot of things until you got what worked best and it seems Atkins-like eating worked best then. I wonder why eating high fat like how we did in the past now slows weight loss? Now that, I can't figure out....

Julie~I meant to address you too on how wonderful it is that you're stabilizing while trying P4 food!!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #1200

Quote:
What he did sounds interesting...

But think about it, if you are using the hcg you won't need/want to eat as much on your up days and your down days will be a breeze cuz of the drops as well? It makes sense in my lil' head! LMAO
now you got my lil brain working now Are you saying doing this while eating any type of food or more protocol-like food?
Closed Thread