Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #931
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! Had a great weekend at camp with the family. Friday night I had some Michelob Ultras with DH by the campfire. That was my only off plan eating/drinking for the weekend. I got super sunburned yesterday and I'm in pain today I know better than to not use sunscreen but it was a little cloudy and the sun came out around 2:00. I am burnt to a crisp!!! I refuse to weigh because I know the sunburn makes the scale go up. My DH made breakfast yesterday (bacon and eggs) and then the kids gave me flowers and a gift card for a massage/facial. It was so nice!!!

Where is Shari??? I know she went on vacation but shouldn't she be back by now?
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #932
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good morning Julie!

Could your gains be because you aren't eating enough fat/calories? I know it's different since we are doing hcg phases and whatnot, but my sister was having the same issue. I suggested to her that she up her fats. Worked like a charm for her. She is now going down in weight.

Our bodies are so complex
Old 05-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #933
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning! Had a great weekend at camp with the family. Friday night I had some Michelob Ultras with DH by the campfire. That was my only off plan eating/drinking for the weekend. I got super sunburned yesterday and I'm in pain today I know better than to not use sunscreen but it was a little cloudy and the sun came out around 2:00. I am burnt to a crisp!!! I refuse to weigh because I know the sunburn makes the scale go up. My DH made breakfast yesterday (bacon and eggs) and then the kids gave me flowers and a gift card for a massage/facial. It was so nice!!!

Sounds wonderful (with the exception of your sunburn )

I thought Shari would be back today sometime? She was on the cruise last week right?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #934
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:

Yes! Cloudy days are always the worst son we don't feel the sun as strongly. give it some time and hopefully you'll heal quickly! Sounds like a great weekend though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good morning Julie!

Could your gains be because you aren't eating enough fat/calories? I know it's different since we are doing hcg phases and whatnot, but my sister was having the same issue. I suggested to her that she up her fats. Worked like a charm for her. She is now going down in weight.

Our bodies are so complex
I usually push the fat in p3. I have had a lot this time too, butter, mayo and cream mostly or just the fat from steak . I'll keep the fats a focus after this cd is over. Hope it works! Thanks! yes, definitely complex. Could just be a time thing too? I don't know, but I don't want to give up and accept a gain this early in the plan. I'll keep fighting .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 05-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #935

Quote:
Sounds wonderful (with the exception of your sunburn )

I thought Shari would be back today sometime? She was on the cruise last week right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Yes! Cloudy days are always the worst son we don't feel the sun as strongly. give it some time and hopefully you'll heal quickly! Sounds like a great weekend though!

I usually push the fat in p3. I have had a lot this time too, butter, mayo and cream mostly or just the fat from steak . I'll keep the fats a focus after this cd is over. Hope it works! Thanks! yes, definitely complex. Could just be a time thing too? I don't know, but I don't want to give up and accept a gain this early in the plan. I'll keep fighting .
Thanks Pati and Julie!! I should've known better but it felt so good hanging in the sun. I took a hot shower and put coconut oil on it as well as some lidocaine. It's still stinging I look like a lobster. I'm sure it's going to blister up and peel too so then I'll look just wonderful. I'm such an idiot!!!

Julie ~ I thought you were within your window? Remember our bodies can vary every single day because of water intake, hormones, etc. Don't sweat it until you're above your window. You are doing great IMO!!!

Pati ~ What's on the menu today?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #936
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I don't want to give up and accept a gain this early in the plan. I'll keep fighting .
Old 05-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #937
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Pati and Julie!! I should've known better but it felt so good hanging in the sun. I took a hot shower and put coconut oil on it as well as some lidocaine. It's still stinging I look like a lobster. I'm sure it's going to blister up and peel too so then I'll look just wonderful. I'm such an idiot!!!

Julie ~ I thought you were within your window? Remember our bodies can vary every single day because of water intake, hormones, etc. Don't sweat it until you're above your window. You are doing great IMO!!!

Since I have a gain I am going to fast until dinner and have a steak
Will work out wonderful too since that's what DH took out for us to have tonight

Is it wrong that I don't really want to do the drops (hhcg)? LOL Seriously have no idea why I'm so afraid of them!?!?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #938
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I'm 4lbs above LDW, 2 lbs over window as of this morning. I was 1lb out yesterday, but didn't correct since the family had other ideas for my day. Hopefully the cd will work and I'll get a "do over" on stabilizing! Blistering and peeling are awful! Hope you're spared!

Pati-I'd dread the drops too! That's how I feel too! Like they're not good enough or something? I guess the rx is spoiling me! Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #939

Quote:
Since I have a gain I am going to fast until dinner and have a steak
Will work out wonderful too since that's what DH took out for us to have tonight

Is it wrong that I don't really want to do the drops (hhcg)? LOL Seriously have no idea why I'm so afraid of them!?!?
I might do that today too. Wait til as late as possible and have a big, juicy steak. I need to be pushing water but I haven't even drank any yet I had coffee and that's it. I'm going to chug a bottle right now.

Here's a pic of me yesterday before going on the boat and then on the boat with my kiddies. I look a little haggard but I'm not sure if I'm improving or not? My tummy feels smaller but who freakin' knows? LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mothersday2.jpg (42.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg mothersday.jpg (34.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #940

Quote:
I'm 4lbs above LDW, 2 lbs over window as of this morning. I was 1lb out yesterday, but didn't correct since the family had other ideas for my day. Hopefully the cd will work and I'll get a "do over" on stabilizing! Blistering and peeling are awful! Hope you're spared!

Pati-I'd dread the drops too! That's how I feel too! Like they're not good enough or something? I guess the rx is spoiling me! Good luck with whatever you decide.

OHHHHH, I thought you were in your window. I'm sure a good CD will get you back down within your allowed window. Push the water too. You're gonna be just fine!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #941
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

The rx definitely spoils us!

GOOD LUCK W/YOUR CD TODAY! YOU GOT THIS

Quote:
I might do that today too. Wait til as late as possible and have a big, juicy steak. I need to be pushing water but I haven't even drank any yet I had coffee and that's it. I'm going to chug a bottle right now.

Here's a pic of me yesterday before going on the boat and then on the boat with my kiddies. I look a little haggard but I'm not sure if I'm improving or not? My tummy feels smaller but who freakin' knows? LOL
YOU LOOK FANTASTIC GRACIE!!!! Cute pic of you and the kids....LOVE IT!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #942

Quote:
The rx definitely spoils us!

GOOD LUCK W/YOUR CD TODAY! YOU GOT THIS

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC GRACIE!!!! Cute pic of you and the kids....LOVE IT!!!
Thanks Pati! You are being very generous I didn't even fix my hair It needs dyed big time. I can't decide on doing my roots and highlights, or just doing all over lighter color. I know, BIG decisions
Old 05-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #943
Big Yapper!!!!

Summer? Definitely should go lighter color all over
Old 05-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #944

Quote:
Summer? Definitely should go lighter color all over
That's what I was thinking too!!! Plus I got my bangs cut and I can't get used to it. Wednesday is my 42nd bday so maybe I'll make an appointment for color as a present to myself???
Old 05-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #945
Big Yapper!!!!

Gracie-cute pictures!! Would love to enjoy that boat with you!! Love the pre-burn picture . early!! Definitely treat yourself! you'll feel great and deserve it from all your hard work! My 45th is in 2 weeks and I usually treat myself to a good cut and style. I color my own, all over- L'Oreal, I like it as much (or better) as when I was getting it highlighted, and it's so much cheaper! I do it every month though, cause my roots get bad!

Pati-thanks! So far, so good. I do love GY and strawberries! Hardly a hardship this CD . It is the end of the day when I've eaten my allotted food and I want more . Gonna have some detox tea if I need something to get me through .
Can you reduce your dose and squeeze out another day? I've got some in my freezer I'd share if we lived closer!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #946
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gracie-cute pictures!! Would love to enjoy that boat with you!! Love the pre-burn picture . early!! Definitely treat yourself! you'll feel great and deserve it from all your hard work! My 45th is in 2 weeks and I usually treat myself to a good cut and style. I color my own, all over- L'Oreal, I like it as much (or better) as when I was getting it highlighted, and it's so much cheaper! I do it every month though, cause my roots get bad!

Pati-thanks! So far, so good. I do love GY and strawberries! Hardly a hardship this CD . It is the end of the day when I've eaten my allotted food and I want more . Gonna have some detox tea if I need something to get me through .
Can you reduce your dose and squeeze out another day? I've got some in my freezer I'd share if we lived closer!
You're so sweet!

I guess I can try and stretch the rx stuff but I doubt I will get much (I'll take a pic and show you guys! LOL) BTW - I do have for 2 more rounds but I do not want to mix it. I'm trying to save those two for two more rounds!

We'll see how it goes...Worse case scenario is I do go onto hhcg to finish the week and call it the end of the round for me and go into p3 next week. We'll see
Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #947
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too!!! Plus I got my bangs cut and I can't get used to it. Wednesday is my 42nd bday so maybe I'll make an appointment for color as a present to myself???
Definitely treat yourself!

Do you have anything special planned for your bday?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #948

Quote:

Which L'Oreal do you use? What color? Maybe I'll just do it myself! I hate paying big bucks to go to the salon. I just got a haircut and brow wax ($39) so I'm good there. I have a hard time picking a color. I'll stand there and look and look and look and look.....
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #949

Quote:
Definitely treat yourself!

Do you have anything special planned for your bday?
Nothing yet. It's a Wednesday so not much to do. I wouldn't go out and have drinks because I have to get up in the morning and get the kids to school. Maybe we'll do dinner or something. Or maybe have my family over for cake and ice cream. I told DH I was gonna find a good recipe for LC cheesecake and sugar-free raspberry preserves.

My DH has been doing low-carb on and off. He started at around 255 and I think he weighed 236 on Friday. But of course the weekend he ate pretty much anything he wanted. I can be strict for weeks and lose like 5 lbs. and he half-a&&'s it and loses like gangbusters
Old 05-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #950
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Which L'Oreal do you use? What color? Maybe I'll just do it myself! I hate paying big bucks to go to the salon. I just got a haircut and brow wax ($39) so I'm good there. I have a hard time picking a color. I'll stand there and look and look and look and look.....
I used to do my own (boxed) color....Til one day I decided to try "better stuff" and went to Sally's Beauty Supply. I ended up looking like this....

I wore my hair up in a bun all week to work! (My hair is mid back so super long and I almost always wear it down. )
Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #951

Quote:
I used to do my own (boxed) color....Til one day I decided to try "better stuff" and went to Sally's Beauty Supply. I ended up looking like this....

I wore my hair up in a bun all week to work! (My hair is mid back so super long and I almost always wear it down. )
OMG I'm dying!!! Was it really that bad???
Old 05-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #952
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OMG I'm dying!!! Was it really that bad???
EXTREMELY ORANGE! Mind you, I went to Sally's with my DD (8) and my cousin's kid (11) and I was staring and staring at all the colors. I said I wanted a "hint of color" as to not be boring. On the container it didn't look that orange! It looked almost auburn. So I asked the girls. Who responded with excitement and in turn made me all excited. I then said, screw it! How bad can it be?

Well it was indeed BAD!!! My hair at the roots was "virgin" hair so when I had put it on my head, I didn't take that into account and it turned QUICKLY! LMAO. I proceeded to leave it on my head the total amount of time it called for. I was laughing soooo hard when I took the stuff off and dried my hair. LOL DH (bless his lil' heart) said "it doesn't look so bad!" LMAO Later he told me he was glad I didn't keep the color

A week later (after wearing my hair in a bun to work all week) I scurried to my stylist who scolded me and said to keep my hands off the boxed stuff! LESSON LEARNED (for me)....
Old 05-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #953

Quote:
EXTREMELY ORANGE! Mind you, I went to Sally's with my DD (8) and my cousin's kid (11) and I was staring and staring at all the colors. I said I wanted a "hint of color" as to not be boring. On the container it didn't look that orange! It looked almost auburn. So I asked the girls. Who responded with excitement and in turn made me all excited. I then said, screw it! How bad can it be?

Well it was indeed BAD!!! My hair at the roots was "virgin" hair so when I had put it on my head, I didn't take that into account and it turned QUICKLY! LMAO. I proceeded to leave it on my head the total amount of time it called for. I was laughing soooo hard when I took the stuff off and dried my hair. LOL DH (bless his lil' heart) said "it doesn't look so bad!" LMAO Later he told me he was glad I didn't keep the color

A week later (after wearing my hair in a bun to work all week) I scurried to my stylist who scolded me and said to keep my hands off the boxed stuff! LESSON LEARNED (for me)....
Any pictures???
Old 05-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #954
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Any pictures???
Hell no!

(Well I don't have any...I can't speak for those who thought my head was hilarious and took pic of their own!)
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #955
Big Yapper!!!!

Ah yes, I've been down that road myself! In college I tried to get back to a more "natural" color from my bleach blonde...that was a BIG mistake! It grabbed green and gray...which was hideous! So, being the smarty that I am, I decided to add some red to the mix and counter the greenish ash color...I was brit orange/red!! My hair was pretty fried at that point, so I gave it a week to rest. They called me Rusty all week . I ended up going to a salon where they filled my hair in with brown, cut off 6 inches of damage, then put in highlights because I hated the brown!! It was awful and looked awful for a long time .

Now I use preference, 9 1/2G I believe, and am happy as can be. I've done the highlights for years off and on, but my grays are making that too expensive and impractical. It covers the gray nicely, and I like the blonde color (dh does too). My dd's wish itwere a bit darker, and I do usually do a bit darker during the fall, but for summer I stick with the lighter natural blonde. I will need to do something different eventually...but for now, I'm HAPOY with it.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #956

Quote:
Ah yes, I've been down that road myself! In college I tried to get back to a more "natural" color from my bleach blonde...that was a BIG mistake! It grabbed green and gray...which was hideous! So, being the smarty that I am, I decided to add some red to the mix and counter the greenish ash color...I was brit orange/red!! My hair was pretty fried at that point, so I gave it a week to rest. They called me Rusty all week . I ended up going to a salon where they filled my hair in with brown, cut off 6 inches of damage, then put in highlights because I hated the brown!! It was awful and looked awful for a long time .

Now I use preference, 9 1/2G I believe, and am happy as can be. I've done the highlights for years off and on, but my grays are making that too expensive and impractical. It covers the gray nicely, and I like the blonde color (dh does too). My dd's wish itwere a bit darker, and I do usually do a bit darker during the fall, but for summer I stick with the lighter natural blonde. I will need to do something different eventually...but for now, I'm HAPOY with it.
One time I tried to dye my hair all one color and my highlights turned that greenish/gray too!!!! It looked like poop

Okay, I can't find the 9 1/2 G - I found 9 1/2 NB (Natural Blonde) but that wasn't the Preference, it was something else. I'm used to having very blonde hair and now it's kind of gross brown with some leftover highlights.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #957
Big Yapper!!!!

We've all had our fair share of hideous hair color due to some sort of mishap or another
Old 05-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #958
Big Yapper!!!!

On the diet front...This is why I LOVE rx!! NO HUNGER AT ALL DAY! It's almost 3 PM and I am not hungry....(Fasting all day til dinner).

I never felt this good on the hhcg!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #959
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
One time I tried to dye my hair all one color and my highlights turned that greenish/gray too!!!! It looked like poop

Okay, I can't find the 9 1/2 G - I found 9 1/2 NB (Natural Blonde) but that wasn't the Preference, it was something else. I'm used to having very blonde hair and now it's kind of gross brown with some leftover highlights.
Just went and bought mine again, it's the Preference extra light natural blonde...9 1/2NB. (Had a $2 coupon too!) I just did my roots today too! I'd say it's very blonde!! If you've got highlights now definitely follow the roots application first...I've done the all over application with highlights and my roots didn't match . Here's my roots now...
Not sure you can see it well? They're pretty light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #960
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's a better shot of my color in daylight...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.3 KB, 12 views)
Closed Thread