Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I got the Guy's original which is good!!! Also got the spicy, which I have not opened yet, but plan to soon! It definitely tastes like regular BBQ sauce without the sugar and carbs!
Ok, I'm going to try the original first. Thanks for the info!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Ok, I'm going to try the original first. Thanks for the info!
Good! I know you will like it better than Waldens!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Found this recipe that Berta posted and it looks good for P2!!! I'm definitely going to have to try this, sounds amazing!!!

Instant Strawberry soft serve ice cream (OR any frozen berry)
Recipe by: George Stella
Category: desserts
Serves: 8
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins

Ingredients
2 cups Frozen Strawberries(Any frozen berry)
1 cup Fat Free Ricotta Cheese(I used 1% cottage cheese)
¼ cup Sugar Substitute (we use Splenda)
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract (no sugar added)
Instructions
1.If your strawberries are large you may want to cut them in half.
2.Place all of the ingredients into your food processor.(I used my blender since my food processor wouldn't work) Blend for about 2 minutes or until silky smooth.
3.Serve immediately and store the remainder in the freezer
__________________
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Found this recipe that Berta posted and it looks good for P2!!! I'm definitely going to have to try this, sounds amazing!!!

Instant Strawberry soft serve ice cream (OR any frozen berry)
Recipe by: George Stella
Category: desserts
Serves: 8
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins

Ingredients
2 cups Frozen Strawberries(Any frozen berry)
1 cup Fat Free Ricotta Cheese(I used 1% cottage cheese)
¼ cup Sugar Substitute (we use Splenda)
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract (no sugar added)
Instructions
1.If your strawberries are large you may want to cut them in half.
2.Place all of the ingredients into your food processor.(I used my blender since my food processor wouldn't work) Blend for about 2 minutes or until silky smooth.
3.Serve immediately and store the remainder in the freezer
I saw this the other day, and it sounds WONDERFUL, I am going to try it also..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Good morning ladies, I am down 1.2 today So happy to for the scale to be going in the right direction........-4.8 down vlcd 4 so I'm pretty satified. I need to venture out a little more like you ladies............try some things. Maybe going rogue is not so bad after all if you can be satisfied and still lose weight. Congratulations to all of you on your releases..........having each others support is definitely helping. BBL
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Good morning ladies, I am down 1.2 today So happy to for the scale to be going in the right direction........-4.8 down vlcd 4 so I'm pretty satified. I need to venture out a little more like you ladies............try some things. Maybe going rogue is not so bad after all if you can be satisfied and still lose weight. Congratulations to all of you on your releases..........having each others support is definitely helping. BBL
Wonderful Loretta!!! I swear that it is the little things that help you stay motivated and on plan for the most part. There really is so much fear about going off the written plan, but I have always been a rebel, and it never stopped me from losing on HCG.

I was also able to keep off the majority of my weight even being rogue. I only gain, when I really go off the edge and eat like there is no tomorrow..

You do what is best for you!! But for ME, I don't hesitate choosing something that is a bit rogue if it will help me stay focused and motivated.

__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Good morning ladies, I am down 1.2 today So happy to for the scale to be going in the right direction........-4.8 down vlcd 4 so I'm pretty satified. I need to venture out a little more like you ladies............try some things. Maybe going rogue is not so bad after all if you can be satisfied and still lose weight. Congratulations to all of you on your releases..........having each others support is definitely helping. BBL
YAHOOO! Great job You are melting woman

I will probably add in things if I feel like it will help me stay on plan. So far I haven't really veered off yet. And the ice cream is actually P2 protocol friendly because cottage cheese is allowed as well as strawberries. I did have more of the lean ground meat yesterday but skipped a second fruit and melba. I agree with Deb, we have to do what works for us and keeps us sane!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hi, ladies ! Wow, so much weight being lost in here - the pounds are flying off ! Keep up the awesome work ! Have a great weekend !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,284
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I got the Guy's original which is good!!! Also got the spicy, which I have not opened yet, but plan to soon! It definitely tastes like regular BBQ sauce without the sugar and carbs!
I was looking at recipes for low carb barbeque and every one that used Guy's said it was very good and taste like the real thing. I'm def going to order some too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning and happy Friday! Scale was good to me this morning, first it read 206.2 and then 206.0 - I will stick with the higher number though and hope it keeps going down tomorrow.

LoLo - I think they discontinued those spritzers! I've looked everywhere and I can't find them. I like the balsamic one on my salads, I'm so bummed!!!

Shari - I take magnesium every night before bed and I rarely have trouble in the bathroom department. That's awesome that you are able to have the real dressing with no problems. After my first week or so if I get bored maybe I'll try it. You are gonna look HAWT on your cruise - congrats on the drop!!!

Deb - Great loss! Where do you get the LC bbq sauce? I have Walden Farms but it's like flavored water I'd rather use regular yellow mustard than waste my time with the WF! Hawaii would definitely be a HUGE motivation!!!

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/HWC/splenda
L: 4 hard boiled eggs (3 whites + 1 whole) mixed with mustard, 3 melba rounds, strawberries, asparagus
D: About 5-6 ounces of lean ground beef cooked in skillet as a hamburger, 2 dill pickle spears, mustard

I still need to work on the water. I got in maybe 3-4 bottles yesterday.

Here's how I started:
Friday 2/14/14: 211 (Load Day 1)
Saturday 2/15/14: 211 (Load Day 2) same
Sunday 2/16/14: 212 (Load Day 3) +1
Mon 2/17/14: 212.2 (First VLCD) +0.2
Tues 2/18/14: 210.6 (VLCD 2) -1.6
Wed 2/19/14: 208.2 (VLCD 3) -2.4 (total -4 lbs)
Thurs 2/20/14: 207.4 (VLCD 4) -0.8 (total -4.8 lbs)
Fri 2/21/14: 206.2 (VLCD 5) -1.2 (TOTAL -6.0 LBS)
Congrats on the release!! Love first week losses..you'll be down into your comfort zone in no time, but with inches lost, look like you're there first I need more water too. Yesterday, I got so busy I totally forgot to try to get in another 32 oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Good morning ladies, I am down 1.2 today So happy to for the scale to be going in the right direction........-4.8 down vlcd 4 so I'm pretty satified. I need to venture out a little more like you ladies............try some things. Maybe going rogue is not so bad after all if you can be satisfied and still lose weight. Congratulations to all of you on your releases..........having each others support is definitely helping. BBL
Congrats Lo!! I too was afraid of going rogue, but after failing so many times recently to do it strictly, I made an agreement with myself to try some things and if I still lose, then it's still a win-win...much better than stalling or gaining. If some things don't agree with me, then I'll know next time. I think the main reason I quit, cheat is because I stayed too strict and didn't even try other food listed from Omaha because I was too afraid of gaining. However, you're doing wonderfully!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Wonderful Loretta!!! I swear that it is the little things that help you stay motivated and on plan for the most part. There really is so much fear about going off the written plan, but I have always been a rebel, and it never stopped me from losing on HCG.

I was also able to keep off the majority of my weight even being rogue
. I only gain, when I really go off the edge and eat like there is no tomorrow..

You do what is best for you!! But for ME, I don't hesitate choosing something that is a bit rogue if it will help me stay focused and motivated.

Yes, sooo true. You amazed me when we first started being able to eat so much 'off plan' stuff and dropping weight like crazy. You helped me to try and be a little bit more rogue, and so far it's not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
YAHOOO! Great job You are melting woman

I will probably add in things if I feel like it will help me stay on plan. So far I haven't really veered off yet. And the ice cream is actually P2 protocol friendly because cottage cheese is allowed as well as strawberries. I did have more of the lean ground meat yesterday but skipped a second fruit and melba. I agree with Deb, we have to do what works for us and keeps us sane!!!
thanks for the recipe...it does look P2 friendly, and can help fill the void of wanting something sweet sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies ! Wow, so much weight being lost in here - the pounds are flying off ! Keep up the awesome work ! Have a great weekend !
Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend too. I'll have to visit your journal as well.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Here's how I started:
Friday 2/14/14: 211 (Load Day 1)
Saturday 2/15/14: 211 (Load Day 2) same
Sunday 2/16/14: 212 (Load Day 3) +1
Mon 2/17/14: 212.2 (First VLCD) +0.2
Tues 2/18/14: 210.6 (VLCD 2) -1.6
Wed 2/19/14: 208.2 (VLCD 3) -2.4 (total -4 lbs)
Thurs 2/20/14: 207.4 (VLCD 4) -0.8 (total -4.8 lbs)
Fri 2/21/14: 206.2 (VLCD 5) -1.2 (TOTAL -6.0 LBS)
Sat 2/22/14: 205.8 (VLCD 6) -0.4 (TOTAL -6.4 LBS)

The scale did show a loss this morning so that's good! I seriously got zero sleep last night. I had something that was bothering me on my mind and just couldn't fall asleep. So a loss is great.

The Billy Joel concert was simply fantastic! He is one heck of an entertainer. We had a blast.

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/hwc/splenda
L: P2 strawberry ice cream
D: lean burger patty, mustard, asparagus
Snack: at concert I ate a couple bites of DS's pulled pork

Everyone have a great day!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #71
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Gracie that is great you had a loss with no sleep!! Every oz counts! I saw Billy Joel back in College, and he was awesome then too! Glad you had a great time!

I am down .8 this morning, and I also got little sleep, but I was wearing my body bugg ( yep I got it already!!) and it showed I only slept 4:17 minutes last night. It tracks how well you sleep, and when you get up and toss and turn.

I always knew I was tired all the time, even when I went to bed at a decent time. This just proves it to me... no wonder I am so tired! I have a sleep effeciency of 60% which is not good. I also got 101 steps last night when I got up to go to the bathroom so many times! ..

Today I am wearing it all day to see what kind of actualy calorie burn I have. So far today only 1300 cals burned. Wow and this is with Shopping and kitchen work. I really must have a slowwwwwwww metabolism in my old age, no wonder I can't lose weight without cutting cals so far back!

Well hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Gracie that is great you had a loss with no sleep!! Every oz counts! I saw Billy Joel back in College, and he was awesome then too! Glad you had a great time!

I am down .8 this morning, and I also got little sleep, but I was wearing my body bugg ( yep I got it already!!) and it showed I only slept 4:17 minutes last night. It tracks how well you sleep, and when you get up and toss and turn.

I always knew I was tired all the time, even when I went to bed at a decent time. This just proves it to me... no wonder I am so tired! I have a sleep effeciency of 60% which is not good. I also got 101 steps last night when I got up to go to the bathroom so many times! ..

Today I am wearing it all day to see what kind of actualy calorie burn I have. So far today only 1300 cals burned. Wow and this is with Shopping and kitchen work. I really must have a slowwwwwwww metabolism in my old age, no wonder I can't lose weight without cutting cals so far back!

Well hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!!
How much are the body buggs? That sounds like something I need! Congrats on the loss
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #73
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Okay, so guess who just showed up??? TOM It wasn't due until Wednesday but I should've known. I've had back pain and the cries for the last day. So my weight is actually pretty good considering TOM and the bloat I usually get. Heading to the gym now with the family. Going to play basketball, hit the treadmill, swim, hot tub, steam room

Supposed to go to a girls night tonight at a friend's house but I may back out. I'm tired and with TOM I know I won't be in the party mood.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I got my Body Bugg from E bay for 64.99 including shipping. I got it in 2 days! Anyway, it is worth every penny so far. I always thought I was not burning many cals, and now I see I was right.

Sorry that TOM came early for you, rest and take care!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,284
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Hey ladies, Congrats Gracie!! Very nice losses considering TOM was coming!! Congrats Deb!! You're steadily losing, they add up very fast! I'm using cell to post so pls forgive typos. I've been running all day, and to top it off my freakin car wont start! Then the AAA's truck broke down on the way to the shop, while waiting for another truck, my car starts again. So I drive to mech anyway and it was working fine again..but he advised me to wait a few min. It wont start again so now he gotta see whats wrong... I dont have mobey for this if a lot right now, I jist paid some bills I could've held off if I'd known...ugh! Weight stayed the same but not worried after nice loss ystrd. Plus I'm hungry as I didntd eat anything and of course I'm surrounded by all types of snack food...
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #76
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,284
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Now he tell me car started again so he have to wait again until it does it again so he'll know whats wrong and to test. Really...today is a trip. Even mech said he will put this in his book cause never seen this happen on and off and tests thus far show everything's okay
.... Oh meant to add I'm glad you had fun last night, Gracie
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #77
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,284
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Interesting Deb....glad you can know what the problem is and now figure out solution.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #78
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Oh my goodness Shari!! That is so frustrating I am sure! I have never heard of that either. I just asked my husband and he doesn't have a clue. He is a mechanic also. Hope this gets figured out without costing too much!

Staying the same, especially after yesterday, is SUCCESS!!! Way to go. Hang in there!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #79
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Oh Shari that stinks! Hope they figure out what's going on and it will be an easy fix!

I'm craving chocolate something fierce! Went to the gym and did the treadmill for 30 minutes, swam for 30, hot tub for 10, then steam room. I am starving though. I had an orange but I could eat a horse right now. Dear Lord I hope I can stay on plan. I don't think I've ever had TOM on a round, I always try to as soon as it's over so it doesn't interfere. GGRRRRR
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #80
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Oh Shari that stinks! Hope they figure out what's going on and it will be an easy fix!

I'm craving chocolate something fierce! Went to the gym and did the treadmill for 30 minutes, swam for 30, hot tub for 10, then steam room. I am starving though. I had an orange but I could eat a horse right now. Dear Lord I hope I can stay on plan. I don't think I've ever had TOM on a round, I always try to as soon as it's over so it doesn't interfere. GGRRRRR
Oh gosh Gracie!! Sooo sorry! I know that feeling of craving, and all I can think of is do the best you can!! Maybe some cocoa in something to satisfy that craving? ( spice ) I know there is some diet hot chocolate out there that is really good for only around 25 cals. Hang on!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Shari, I had a Honda Accord that did that to me. I spent thousands of dollars and replaced so many parts (distributor, ignition coil, main relay, ignition, fuel pump, fuel lines, timing belt, etc.) and none of that worked. The car would work for 3-6 months and then stop. One time it worked for 2 years and stopped. It would sometimes start 30 minutes later or 3 days later. I eventually gave up and we got another car. I hate having a car note but it feels good to get into the car and know it's going to take me where I need to go.

I must commend you ladies on the support you give each other. I just quit my fb diabetic lchf group because there's a few older members who feel it's okay to attack people who post and say they ate too many carbs. One lady who is particularly nasty told someone they had an eating disorder and that they needed to read "Attention Seeking Disorders". Really ? Because the lady fell off her diet, you attack her ? This chick gets away with it by claiming she is "just being brutally honest'. And no one checks her ! I tried and she blocked me ! lol. Well, as long as there are going to be nasty members and I can't see them, I won't be a part of it. You ladies continue to love and support each other - it's rough out there !
__________________
My Journal: Shebasmudder
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:39 AM   #82
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Oh gosh Gracie!! Sooo sorry! I know that feeling of craving, and all I can think of is do the best you can!! Maybe some cocoa in something to satisfy that craving? ( spice ) I know there is some diet hot chocolate out there that is really good for only around 25 cals. Hang on!!
Thanks Deb! I did end up having 2 of those tiny Hershey's Dark Sugar-Free chocolates. It helped tremendously!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #83
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Shari, I had a Honda Accord that did that to me. I spent thousands of dollars and replaced so many parts (distributor, ignition coil, main relay, ignition, fuel pump, fuel lines, timing belt, etc.) and none of that worked. The car would work for 3-6 months and then stop. One time it worked for 2 years and stopped. It would sometimes start 30 minutes later or 3 days later. I eventually gave up and we got another car. I hate having a car note but it feels good to get into the car and know it's going to take me where I need to go.

I must commend you ladies on the support you give each other. I just quit my fb diabetic lchf group because there's a few older members who feel it's okay to attack people who post and say they ate too many carbs. One lady who is particularly nasty told someone they had an eating disorder and that they needed to read "Attention Seeking Disorders". Really ? Because the lady fell off her diet, you attack her ? This chick gets away with it by claiming she is "just being brutally honest'. And no one checks her ! I tried and she blocked me ! lol. Well, as long as there are going to be nasty members and I can't see them, I won't be a part of it. You ladies continue to love and support each other - it's rough out there !
She sounds like a CYBER BULLY!!! I would have told her to go to **@@!!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #84
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Shari, I had a Honda Accord that did that to me. I spent thousands of dollars and replaced so many parts (distributor, ignition coil, main relay, ignition, fuel pump, fuel lines, timing belt, etc.) and none of that worked. The car would work for 3-6 months and then stop. One time it worked for 2 years and stopped. It would sometimes start 30 minutes later or 3 days later. I eventually gave up and we got another car. I hate having a car note but it feels good to get into the car and know it's going to take me where I need to go.

I must commend you ladies on the support you give each other. I just quit my fb diabetic lchf group because there's a few older members who feel it's okay to attack people who post and say they ate too many carbs. One lady who is particularly nasty told someone they had an eating disorder and that they needed to read "Attention Seeking Disorders". Really ? Because the lady fell off her diet, you attack her ? This chick gets away with it by claiming she is "just being brutally honest'. And no one checks her ! I tried and she blocked me ! lol. Well, as long as there are going to be nasty members and I can't see them, I won't be a part of it. You ladies continue to love and support each other - it's rough out there !
I really am glad you are posting here, I think you have alot to offer, and would love to hear what you are doing. I need to catch up on your journal soon! I sure hope Shari's car does not do this!! Hopefully someone can figure it out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Thanks Deb! I did end up having 2 of those tiny Hershey's Dark Sugar-Free chocolates. It helped tremendously!
That is great Gracie! A good way to take the craving away without going wild...

Down 1 pound today, and I feel great! I am so happy I got this body bugg, I feel more motivated when I see how I am doing throughout the day. I also slept a big 6 hours and 45 minutes last night!..

Off to the store, but will be back later.. Have a great day all!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #85
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Ok, I'm back - I had to run DS to baseball practice, then pick him back up, then make lunch, and watch a movie. I did go to girl's night last night but I only drank water and I didn't eat a thing. GO ME!!! And, I really had a blast. I seriously laughed my butt off!

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/hwc/splenda
L: P2 Chili, strawberries, 3 melba rounds
D: orange, baked cod, 3 melba rounds
Snack: 2 small sugar free chocolate squares

My weight went up a little this morning but I know it's from TOM and exercising yesterday. I'm really trying not to freak out. TOM spotted yesterday and is just really starting up today. I'm thinking about hitting the gym for a little bit. Maybe do the treadmill and then soak in the hot tub. My calves are sore today so I know I worked them yesterday. I need to stretch more! So far today I've had coffee/cream/splenda, and for lunch I had hard boiled eggs (3 whites + 1 full) with mustard, 3 melba rounds, and strawberries. I've only had one bottle of water so I need to work on that. It's just too cold! I've noticed when I eat an orange I don't have a good loss the next day, so I'm going to stick to strawberries and apples.

Here's how I started:
Friday 2/14/14: 211 (Load Day 1)
Saturday 2/15/14: 211 (Load Day 2) same
Sunday 2/16/14: 212 (Load Day 3) +1
Mon 2/17/14: 212.2 (First VLCD) +0.2
Tues 2/18/14: 210.6 (VLCD 2) -1.6
Wed 2/19/14: 208.2 (VLCD 3) -2.4 (total -4 lbs)
Thurs 2/20/14: 207.4 (VLCD 4) -0.8 (total -4.8 lbs)
Fri 2/21/14: 206.2 (VLCD 5) -1.2 (TOTAL -6.0 LBS)
Sat 2/22/14: 205.8 (VLCD 6) -0.4 (TOTAL -6.4 LBS)
Sun 2/23/14: 206.4 (VLCD 7) +0.6 (TOTAL -5.8 LBS) TOM STARTED

Last edited by Gracie514; 02-23-2014 at 10:25 AM..
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
She sounds like a CYBER BULLY!!! I would have told her to go to **@@!!!!
And she would have deserved it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I really am glad you are posting here, I think you have alot to offer, and would love to hear what you are doing. I need to catch up on your journal soon! I sure hope Shari's car does not do this!! Hopefully someone can figure it out!!
Thanks, Deb ! I feel like I have been through a lot ! Especially with cars. I did hhcg with Shari, Gracie & Lo a few years back but I was always hungry ! I lost my insurance and finally found a decent clinic last year so I started buckling down on my health (I have diabetes and high blood pressure) and found a clinical trial for my diabetes. My doc wants me to eat low carb but has given no instructions other than that. So, since I started a month ago, I am really motivated and doing lots of research. I lost 15 pounds and half cut one of my diabetes meds in half so far. I would love for you to visit and anyone else who has time (I tend to be long winded - ).
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #87
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Ok, I'm back - I had to run DS to baseball practice, then pick him back up, then make lunch, and watch a movie. I did go to girl's night last night but I only drank water and I didn't eat a thing. GO ME!!! And, I really had a blast. I seriously laughed my butt off!

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/hwc/splenda
L: P2 Chili, strawberries, 3 melba rounds
D: orange, baked cod, 3 melba rounds
Snack: 2 small sugar free chocolate squares

My weight went up a little this morning but I know it's from TOM and exercising yesterday. I'm really trying not to freak out. TOM spotted yesterday and is just really starting up today. I'm thinking about hitting the gym for a little bit. Maybe do the treadmill and then soak in the hot tub. My calves are sore today so I know I worked them yesterday. I need to stretch more! So far today I've had coffee/cream/splenda, and for lunch I had hard boiled eggs (3 whites + 1 full) with mustard, 3 melba rounds, and strawberries. I've only had one bottle of water so I need to work on that. It's just too cold! I've noticed when I eat an orange I don't have a good loss the next day, so I'm going to stick to strawberries and apples.

Here's how I started:
Friday 2/14/14: 211 (Load Day 1)
Saturday 2/15/14: 211 (Load Day 2) same
Sunday 2/16/14: 212 (Load Day 3) +1
Mon 2/17/14: 212.2 (First VLCD) +0.2
Tues 2/18/14: 210.6 (VLCD 2) -1.6
Wed 2/19/14: 208.2 (VLCD 3) -2.4 (total -4 lbs)
Thurs 2/20/14: 207.4 (VLCD 4) -0.8 (total -4.8 lbs)
Fri 2/21/14: 206.2 (VLCD 5) -1.2 (TOTAL -6.0 LBS)
Sat 2/22/14: 205.8 (VLCD 6) -0.4 (TOTAL -6.4 LBS)
Sun 2/23/14: 206.4 (VLCD 7) +0.6 (TOTAL -5.8 LBS) TOM STARTED
Well leave it to TOM to throw in a monkey wrench! You are doing great though, so keep it up! I could never eat oranges on P2 either. They actually don't agree to me when I ate WW either. Must be lots of sugar.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the day! I did 30 min on the treadmill and I am hungrier.. ugh.... Enjoy the hot tub if you get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
And she would have deserved it !



Thanks, Deb ! I feel like I have been through a lot ! Especially with cars. I did hhcg with Shari, Gracie & Lo a few years back but I was always hungry ! I lost my insurance and finally found a decent clinic last year so I started buckling down on my health (I have diabetes and high blood pressure) and found a clinical trial for my diabetes. My doc wants me to eat low carb but has given no instructions other than that. So, since I started a month ago, I am really motivated and doing lots of research. I lost 15 pounds and half cut one of my diabetes meds in half so far. I would love for you to visit and anyone else who has time (I tend to be long winded - ).
I knew you had some history with the girls, so this makes sense!! Congrats on the pounds lost so far!! Fantastic to be able to cut back on the diabetes Med. Wonderful.

My father passed away 2 years ago from complications of Diabetes, so I am very mindful of my sugar. Diabetes complications are scary!!! I sure wish he would have taken care of himself, but he was too stubborn to even go to the doctor.

I wishing you the best!! Keep posting!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:01 AM   #88
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,221
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning lovely ladies! I was blessed today with a wonderful drop of -2.6# and down to 203.8 I wrote a lot in my journal so if you want to see my menu from yesterday, it's there! I don't feel like retyping. I'm pretty stoked though that I'm actually losing and not spinning my wheels!!!

Not sure what my menu today will be. I seem to do good after I eat eggs. Yesterday was my first time for steak so maybe my body does like the extra fat. I was thinking of working out a little, just treadmill/swimming.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!


Today's Stats:
Friday 2/14/14: 211 (Load Day 1)
Saturday 2/15/14: 211 (Load Day 2) same
Sunday 2/16/14: 212 (Load Day 3) +1
Mon 2/17/14: 212.2 (First VLCD) +0.2
Tues 2/18/14: 210.6 (VLCD 2) -1.6
Wed 2/19/14: 208.2 (VLCD 3) -2.4 (total -4 lbs)
Thurs 2/20/14: 207.4 (VLCD 4) -0.8 (total -4.8 lbs)
Fri 2/21/14: 206.2 (VLCD 5) -1.2 (TOTAL -6.0 LBS)
Sat 2/22/14: 205.8 (VLCD 6) -0.4 (TOTAL -6.4 LBS)
Sun 2/23/14: 206.4 (VLCD 7) +0.6 (TOTAL -5.8 LBS) TOM STARTED
Mon 2/24/14: 203.8 (VLCD 8) -2.6 (TOTAL -8.4 LBS) **ONE WEEK MARK***

So, I'm down -8.4 pounds after one full week of being on plan! YAY!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #89
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,651
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
That is fantastic Gracie!! I on the other hand stayed the same with a very early morning weigh in. Since I always get up earlier during the week, I don't even try to compare my weekday to weekend numbers anymore. The one that counts is Saturday..

Also not sure of a menu today, brought the usual things, but they are not appealing to me. I found out over the weekend using my bodybugg that I only burn around 2300 cals a day, even with exercise! That is not good at all!.. I have to figure out how to get my metabolism revvveddd up!

So everyone have a great day, it is a busy Monday here at work. Will try to check in at lunch.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Good morning ladies, sorry I've been MIA.............just been so crazy with work and home life. Anyways it is VLCD 6 and I am down 8 pounds weight today is 218...........feeling good not hungry not even board yet. Haven't had any breakfast just coffee. I am going to try with everything in me to hang out until 30 days. But like I said so far it hasn't been bad at all since we're pretty much rogue. Congrats to you all on your releases
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.