Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #841
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Pati ~ You did great considering it was the weekend. I usually suck on the weekends!!! I did JUDDD before and all I really did was maintain. I started overdoing it (bingeing) on the UD's because I knew the next day I could only eat 500 calories. It works well though for a lot of people. I was reading about 5:2 where you eat normally 5 days and fast for 2. I would still eat low-carb all of the time though.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #842
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Pati ~ You did great considering it was the weekend. I usually suck on the weekends!!! I did JUDDD before and all I really did was maintain. I started overdoing it (bingeing) on the UD's because I knew the next day I could only eat 500 calories. It works well though for a lot of people. I was reading about 5:2 where you eat normally 5 days and fast for 2. I would still eat low-carb all of the time though.
Fast completely for 2 days?
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Fast completely for 2 days?
No, I think staying around 500 calories. Some people do water/coffee fasts though. I would definitely eat at the 500.

Also, on the other 5 days you need to eat to your BMR so you don't gain. I believe my calories would be around 1900.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #844
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Good morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Yesterday was Erin's 5th Birthday so we had family over to celebrate. I kept it low-carb with wings, roast beef, and deviled eggs. I made other yummy stuff too that I did not touch. I will weigh again on Friday as my rings feel a little snug like I'm retaining water. I got a lot of nice compliments yesterday that I looked great and lost weight. I'm still enjoying Atkins induction but the thought of a quick round of hhcg still lingers in my head. I keep thinking a quick 15 pounds would be nice!!! The hhcg definitely spoils us.

How is everyone else today?
That's really great!! When others see your hard work and compliment you it's so rewarding!! wtg.

Pati-you're doing great! Hope your weekend eating jumpstarts your losses for you!!

I finished dosing on Saturday, although I should have just skipped that day. I am 0.2 above LDW today, at 152.6. I was out all weekend running around, social eating, out of a cooler on Saturday etc. in all I did well despite the challenges.

My dd(13) played 11 games of volleyball on Saturday! she and her team played amazingly well. It was regional and they finished 4th out of 167 teams. Really impressive and amazing! They went into the tournament seated 32nd. It was an exciting and fun day, but exhausting. We played about 1:45 hours away from our home and because they played so well we were there until 6:00pm (woke at 4:15am!). She's the dd who had hip surgery in July so this was quite the comeback season for her. We're so proud of her. (She is complaining of hip pain in the other hip now. We are taking her in to be checked this week, as the chance of that same condition on both sides is about 40%.)

Hope you're all doing well!! Tomorrow in on to P3!!! Yay!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #845
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No, I think staying around 500 calories. Some people do water/coffee fasts though. I would definitely eat at the 500.

Also, on the other 5 days you need to eat to your BMR so you don't gain. I believe my calories would be around 1900.
That sounds doable. I would of course prefer to fast during the work week.
I may just do JUDDD for a while? Not sure. Maybe just go to Atkins. I'm all over the place with what I want to do. I am going back to heavy lifting tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
That's really great!! When others see your hard work and compliment you it's so rewarding!! wtg.

Pati-you're doing great! Hope your weekend eating jumpstarts your losses for you!!

I finished dosing on Saturday, although I should have just skipped that day. I am 0.2 above LDW today, at 152.6. I was out all weekend running around, social eating, out of a cooler on Saturday etc. in all I did well despite the challenges.

My dd(13) played 11 games of volleyball on Saturday! she and her team played amazingly well. It was regional and they finished 4th out of 167 teams. Really impressive and amazing! They went into the tournament seated 32nd. It was an exciting and fun day, but exhausting. We played about 1:45 hours away from our home and because they played so well we were there until 6:00pm (woke at 4:15am!). She's the dd who had hip surgery in July so this was quite the comeback season for her. We're so proud of her. (She is complaining of hip pain in the other hip now. We are taking her in to be checked this week, as the chance of that same condition on both sides is about 40%.)

11 games of VB in one day?!?!?!? OMG!! GOOD FOR THEM! They did well...

Enjoy your P3 Julie. I bet you can't wait for delicious fat!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #846

Quote:

11 games in one day!!! Yikes Good luck in P3 ~ I bet you're ready for some FAT You had a fantastic round!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #847

[QUOTE=12yrslater;16899468]That sounds doable. I would of course prefer to fast during the work week.
I may just do JUDDD for a while? Not sure. Maybe just go to Atkins. I'm all over the place with what I want to do. I am going back to heavy lifting tho.

It's so hard to pick a plan. You could always incorporate Atkins into some type of fasting WOE. Kudos on the heavy lifting - I'm a wimp
Old 05-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #848
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Kudos on the heavy lifting - I'm a wimp
You can do it! It feels amazing (I love the pain after - I'm a masochist? LOL). But it really does wonders to the physique. I mean, I can be the weight I am now and be wearing smaller clothes thanks to the body shaping the weights do! Aside from that, you can actually eat more when lifting LOL
Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #849

Quote:
You can do it! It feels amazing (I love the pain after - I'm a masochist? LOL). But it really does wonders to the physique. I mean, I can be the weight I am now and be wearing smaller clothes thanks to the body shaping the weights do! Aside from that, you can actually eat more when lifting LOL
I have lifted before and it does wonders for the body! I'm a wimp though, I don't do very heavy lifting. I hate the soreness afterwards - I have actually cried!!! I even hate when I'm lifting because it's hard. I told you, I am a big WIMP
Old 05-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #850
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have lifted before and it does wonders for the body! I'm a wimp though, I don't do very heavy lifting. I hate the soreness afterwards - I have actually cried!!! I even hate when I'm lifting because it's hard. I told you, I am a big WIMP
I too have cried. (One particular instance I remember not even being able to sit down (squat) to pee). I had to hold on to the sides and lower myself onto the seat, every so slowly! LMAO - Yet, I still love it! )
I think when the pain is there, I know I'm getting stronger so I go with it.

Never cried during a workout tho. I get PISSED off and push harder. THEN I CRY!

YOU AREN'T A WIMP- You're just a lil' dainty
Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #851

Quote:
I too have cried. (One particular instance I remember not even being able to sit down (squat) to pee). I had to hold on to the sides and lower myself onto the seat, every so slowly! LMAO - Yet, I still love it! )
I think when the pain is there, I know I'm getting stronger so I go with it.

Never cried during a workout tho. I get PISSED off and push harder. THEN I CRY!

YOU AREN'T A WIMP- You're just a lil' dainty
I you!!!! I'm definitely not dainty!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #852
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #853

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You girls are too silly!!!

Pati you did great over the weekend, congrats!!!

Gracie, Happy Birthday to your DD!! I can't believe she is 5! I remember when you were pregnant with her! Sounds like you did just fine with the LC.

Julie, good luck with P3!!!! I know you will do great this time.

I peeked at the scale yesterday and was down another 1.4 so I was happy! 177.6 after a week and a day, so I won't weigh again until Saturday.. MAYBE...

I still don't look any different to myself. I look at my clothes when I have them on, and it just seems like they got bigger. Same clothes, it is so weird. I know I am shrinking, but it doesn't really feel like it.

My goal now is 140 because I have so much flab. I am tiny (bone wise) under this umbrella of flab... working out would help for sure though!! We shall see!..
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #854
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post

Gracie, Happy Birthday to your DD!! I can't believe she is 5! I remember when you were pregnant with her! Sounds like you did just fine with the LC.

I peeked at the scale yesterday and was down another 1.4 so I was happy! 177.6 after a week and a day, so I won't weigh again until Saturday.. MAYBE...

I still don't look any different to myself. I look at my clothes when I have them on, and it just seems like they got bigger. Same clothes, it is so weird. I know I am shrinking, but it doesn't really feel like it.

My goal now is 140 because I have so much flab. I am tiny (bone wise) under this umbrella of flab... working out would help for sure though!! We shall see!..
OMG you are doing wonderfully! DUDE you're small!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Oh what I'd give to be 177!

Ok I am going to ask you a question...Can you tell me what your normal day of food looks like while you are on p2? (I'm looking for ideas - and possibly mimic your meals to see if it helps me! LOL)
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #855

Quote:

YAHOOOO Deb!!! You are on fire! I totally understand what you're saying about the clothes feeling bigger instead of you feeling smaller! WEIRD Are you measuring? That would probably tell you more of the story...
Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #856

Quote:
OMG you are doing wonderfully! DUDE you're small!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Oh what I'd give to be 177!

Ok I am going to ask you a question...Can you tell me what your normal day of food looks like while you are on p2? (I'm looking for ideas - and possibly mimic your meals to see if it helps me! LOL)
Thanks Pati.. Gosh, I am such a boring eater. ( remember? )

I am eating chicken with hot sauce for my first meal, with some kind of veges.. Then my second meal I eat burger with veges, fruit.. sometimes I add cheese and even a slice of light and healthy bread. If I am hungry at night, I will have a protein, with a vege. Fruit with tea to end my day. I do that day after day after day.... it is BORING, but at least I don't care about food that way. I am eating around 700 cals a day. I did have a hungry day yesterday and went up to 800ish.

I think the recipes you posted were much more interesting, but I really don't like to cook. Isn't that horrible?.. I am sure Gracie has better ideas than I do!.. she used to post wonderful looking menus.

Quote:
YAHOOOO Deb!!! You are on fire! I totally understand what you're saying about the clothes feeling bigger instead of you feeling smaller! WEIRD Are you measuring? That would probably tell you more of the story...
Thanks Gracie!.. It really is the strangest feeling. I have measured, and I KNOW in my logical brain, that I am getting smaller, but what I see in the mirror does not reflect that... I hope with time it will catch up!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #857

Quote:
Thanks Pati.. Gosh, I am such a boring eater. ( remember? )

I am eating chicken with hot sauce for my first meal, with some kind of veges.. Then my second meal I eat burger with veges, fruit.. sometimes I add cheese and even a slice of light and healthy bread. If I am hungry at night, I will have a protein, with a vege. Fruit with tea to end my day. I do that day after day after day.... it is BORING, but at least I don't care about food that way. I am eating around 700 cals a day. I did have a hungry day yesterday and went up to 800ish.

I think the recipes you posted were much more interesting, but I really don't like to cook. Isn't that horrible?.. I am sure Gracie has better ideas than I do!.. she used to post wonderful looking menus.

Thanks Gracie!.. It really is the strangest feeling. I have measured, and I KNOW in my logical brain, that I am getting smaller, but what I see in the mirror does not reflect that... I hope with time it will catch up!..
It also kind of worked the other way for me too. When I was 231 lbs. I would look in the mirror and think I looked okay. Then I saw a picture and was like OH.MY.GOD I am so heavy!!!! We can have such skewed minds when it comes to weight
Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #858
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!

I think I'm doing apple and chicken for lunch (didn't bring anything today). I'll go to Burrito Beach and order a side of baja chicken (grilled chicken with seasoning - online shows for about 160 cals). Dinner will be beef of sorts and cucumbers.
I'm boring too :P
Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #859

Quote:
It also kind of worked the other way for me too. When I was 231 lbs. I would look in the mirror and think I looked okay. Then I saw a picture and was like OH.MY.GOD I am so heavy!!!! We can have such skewed minds when it comes to weight
I agree!!! here is a video talking about thinking of yourself "under construction" She does Weight Watchers, but this applies to anyone on a weight loss plan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuicLjaLqyY

Quote:
Thanks Deb!

I think I'm doing apple and chicken for lunch (didn't bring anything today). I'll go to Burrito Beach and order a side of baja chicken (grilled chicken with seasoning - online shows for about 160 cals). Dinner will be beef of sorts and cucumbers.
I'm boring too :P
Sounds good to me!!.. Hope you enjoy it!..
Old 05-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #860

Great video, I'm still listening!!! I like the "under construction" idea.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #861

Quote:
Great video, I'm still listening!!! I like the "under construction" idea.
I know! she has lost almost 150 pounds in over a year, but slow and steady really does win the race at times!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #862
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
11 games in one day!!! Yikes Good luck in P3 ~ I bet you're ready for some FAT You had a fantastic round!!!
Yes! Fat sounds great!! Glad you did well at the party! So cute turning 5!

Quote:
Yes! This is me too! Forget the term, but tis a real thing - psychologically it takes a while for us to see ourselves as we really are, both gaining and losing.

Deb-boring but effective! How much are you down? 177 is great!!

Pati-that's my plan eventually. To get back to heavy lifting. I do a pump class but because there are so man reps in it I don't go that heavy, I'm sore fr days though so I know it works! Gotta get back to more consistent training. Eating wil help that . You're working that hard in P2? Be careful and make sure you're eating enough .

Hi everyone else, hope you're doing well!

I'm hungry . It'll be ok, and I may go over my usual calorie allotment today if I need to, but we'll see.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:46 AM   #863

Morning ladies!! Julie, I am down from 205 which I started back at the beginning of this thread I think??? Now to 177.4 today, yep, I peeked and wish I had not since it was a very early rise for me.

SO, that is 27.6 pounds in a bunch of weeks, broken up by PI's. I never could really stick to it longer than 3 weeks at a time though. I am ok with this, but I have far to go. HENCE the video theme of "under construction"

I plan to go 3 weeks then do a real P3/P4 and enjoy my summer. Who knows though, my thoughts change with the way the wind blows...

Hope you got through the hungries with some protein or something! Your body wants to be fed!..
Old 05-06-2014, 06:27 AM   #864
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Pati-that's my plan eventually. To get back to heavy lifting. I do a pump class but because there are so man reps in it I don't go that heavy, I'm sore fr days though so I know it works! Gotta get back to more consistent training. Eating wil help that . You're working that hard in P2? Be careful and make sure you're eating enough .

Hi everyone else, hope you're doing well!

I'm hungry . It'll be ok, and I may go over my usual calorie allotment today if I need to, but we'll see.
Hiya love.....I have taken that pump class you speak of...And you absolutely cannot do heavy weights with that class due to the number of reps. You'd pass out! LOL

And no, I'm not doing crap right now. Literally doing squat ...I don't have the calories/fat in my (well, I have my own fat ) No matter where I end up when I am done with the mixed hcg (that's where I decided to stop...I think I have a good 7 days of injections left ) I will go into p3/atkins and lift heavy again....For now, I shall lay like broccoli!

Quote:
Morning ladies!! Julie, I am down from 205 which I started back at the beginning of this thread I think??? Now to 177.4 today, yep, I peeked and wish I had not since it was a very early rise for me.

SO, that is 27.6 pounds in a bunch of weeks, broken up by PI's. I never could really stick to it longer than 3 weeks at a time though. I am ok with this, but I have far to go. HENCE the video theme of "under construction"

I plan to go 3 weeks then do a real P3/P4 and enjoy my summer. Who knows though, my thoughts change with the way the wind blows...

Hope you got through the hungries with some protein or something! Your body wants to be fed!..
You prove over and over that one does not have to be STRICT on p2 and still be successful!!! You're doing great!!!

My totals today:

Saturday (load day 1) = 215
Sunday (load day 2) = 216.5
4/21 (vlcd 1) = 217
4/22 (vlcd 2) = 214 (-3 lbs)
4/23 (vlcd 3) = 212 (-2 lbs)
4/24 (vlcd 4) = 211 (-1 lbs) - This day was a complete BUST! CHEATED
4/25 (vlcd 5) = 210.5 (-.5 lbs)
4/26 (vlcd 6) = 209.5 (-1 lbs)
4/27 (vlcd 7) = 208.5 (-1 lbs) = Feeling crappy. Ate off plan.
4/28 (vlcd 8) = 209 (+.5 lb)
4/29 (vlcd 9) = 207 (-2 lbs)
4/30 (vlcd 10) = 207 (BIG FAT GOOSE EGG! 0)
5/1 (vlcd 11) = 206.5 (-.5 lb)
5/2 (vlcd 12) = 205.5 (-1 lb)
5/3 (vlcd 13) = 205 (-.5) Hit goal! *but cheat day was in store for this day*
5/4 (vlcd 14) = 206.5 (+1.5 lbs) goal was short lived. Ate low carb all day.
5/5 (vlcd 15) = 206 (-.5 lb) back to vlcds today
5/6 (vlcd 16) = 205.5 (-.5 lb)

TOTAL (include load weight cuz it makes me feel better) = 11.5 lbs

Had very little hunger yesterday. I ate chicken and apple for lunch. No dinner. Baked for like 4 hours for DS fraternity (fundraiser for a classmate who was just diagnosed with leukemia ) I didn't even taste any of the cupcakes nor the frosting (which to me is a success! I love love love cream cheese frosting! LOL ) Anyway, I think the lack of food didn't do me too well cuz I woke up with a mean ass headache (have it now). I am upping cals today...Bought colby jack cheese and boars head chicken and an orange for lunch. Don't know what I will have for dinner but I hope I'm hungry to get something in me. I am on a mission to find the quest bars everyone on LCF is talking about being good. I would love to have something in my purse....

Off to take a pill and to chug water!!! <-- Never noticed this one. Cute. :P LOL
Old 05-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #865

Quote:
Hiya love.....I have taken that pump class you speak of...And you absolutely cannot do heavy weights with that class due to the number of reps. You'd pass out! LOL

And no, I'm not doing crap right now. Literally doing squat ...I don't have the calories/fat in my (well, I have my own fat ) No matter where I end up when I am done with the mixed hcg (that's where I decided to stop...I think I have a good 7 days of injections left ) I will go into p3/atkins and lift heavy again....For now, I shall lay like broccoli!

You prove over and over that one does not have to be STRICT on p2 and still be successful!!! You're doing great!!!

My totals today:

4/21 (vlcd 1) = 217

Had very little hunger yesterday. I ate chicken and apple for lunch. No dinner. Baked for like 4 hours for DS fraternity (fundraiser for a classmate who was just diagnosed with leukemia ) I didn't even taste any of the cupcakes nor the frosting (which to me is a success! I love love love cream cheese frosting! LOL ) Anyway, I think the lack of food didn't do me too well cuz I woke up with a mean ass headache (have it now). I am upping cals today...Bought colby jack cheese and boars head chicken and an orange for lunch. Don't know what I will have for dinner but I hope I'm hungry to get something in me. I am on a mission to find the quest bars everyone on LCF is talking about being good. I would love to have something in my purse....

Off to take a pill and to chug water!!! <-- Never noticed this one. Cute. :P LOL
You are doing wonderful yourself my dear!!.. I don't know how you did yesterday, I still have not lost my appetite completely, but maybe because I feed it too much...

Hope you feel better today!.. Quest bars are here at Netrition also, just kinda pricey.. I have not tried them yet either but everyone is raving about them!.. Might have to!..
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #866
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb...

Looks like they sell em at GNCs. I have one here in the building and will go look at lunch time
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #867

Quote:
Thanks Deb...

Looks like they sell em at GNCs. I have one here in the building and will go look at lunch time
OOOOOOOOOO.. cool, let me know if you try them what you think.. I am sure we have a GNC around here somewhere, I just never go there.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #868
Big Yapper!!!!

Will do

May need it for a dinner substitute today? I forgot sis and I are going dress shopping for a wedding we are attending on Friday!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #869
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Wow!! That's amazing!, so happy for you!! And you're doing it YOUR way, staying in tune with your body and living your life!! I am so sad when I read a post about being scared b/c someone mixed ire veggies in their salad and they stalled the next day. That kind of fear can't be conducive to weight loss anyway!! And at changing your mind...I'm right there with you!!

Quote:

My totals today:

4/21 (vlcd 1) = 217

I tried one pump class this round and was sore for 3 days afterwards. I did more walking instead, but need to get back to the gym now that I'm eating again. Gonna walk today and ease back into it. I gain when I start to train again and even though I know it's not fat, it still messes with my head!
You're losing so well! Even when you're not hungry try to at least get that protein in. The quest bars are how I upped my protein with low calories and low fat, the carb are mostly fiber in them. The choc pb and double choc are the best! Feels like a treat, but is a solid protein source. I loved on them over the weekend , which isn't ideal, but so good to have something "safe" to grab on hand. One more week isn't too bad...you've got this!

I went out to dinner last night. Dh wanted to take me for steak since it'd been a loonng time...so I agreed. We waited too long and I was ravenous by the time we got there, Texas Roadhouse . I did fine, just not P2 level eating- Cesar salad, their delicious green beans and bacon and a nice steak! good for P3, not so good for ending
p2 . I'm only up 0.4, but I prefer having a bit of padding, being under
ldw, going into P3, not already being over LDW! Oh well, it was good! im gonna listen to my body and not push the calories right away. I know there are different schools of thought on it, but I'm learning to be more in tune with my hunger and forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry is foolish, for me.

Hope the rest of our group is doing well. I know Shari it .
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #870

You are doing fantastic Julie!!.. your choices were fine last night, and only up .4 is nothing.. Anyway, I also know what you mean about wanting some cushion. I still think you will find yourself well within your range this P3. Just taking it day by day and listening to your body.

I am right there with you on feeling so sad reading things like that on the P2 thread. It is honestly physically impossible to gain or stall from having more than one type of vege in a meal.. I mean really??? Even Robin W said that there was no reason not to mix veges. She said he probably did it that way to isolate any problem vege for each individual. Come on people!!! come into the new century!..

AH well, as long as the purists continue to come down on folks for trying anything new, this will happen. I stay away from there. I KNOW without one doubt that this works if you follow what your body is telling you. Low cals, HCG, enough protein, and it has to work. MY OPINION!!!!