Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad you're doing well and your foot is healing! I understand Robin's point about the CDs and can see a down side mentally to them, but I also have found the longer it takes to relose a gain, the less likely it is to go! If I don't get it off right away, it usually becomes permanent. . The gycd is my favorite, b/c it's yummy and I can eat all day.

I didn't do well on Juddd either! I felt too deprived and mentally it did not work for me. Scale didn't go down either, so after all that sacrifice I really was mad! Your ribs sound delicious!! And I can so relate to your taxi service! I only have 2, can't imagine adding another child to my routes! You're doing great, and I hope the scale rewards your efforts! . I hear you on the hcg temptation...I'm trying to decide btw jumping back on for a few weeks, or taking a good break and doing a full round late may...

I'm sorry I'd be upset too! I also noticed I can't do the more luxurious, higher fat LC eating and get the scale to move anymore . I need to keep my calories low to get the scale to budge at all, and that's no fun! I suspect you're retaining some water from the exercise too. How are your clothes fitting? Hope the scale cooperates soon!

Deb-thanks for the sauce recommendation. I can not find a good LC one of those! Are you still planning to go back to P2 next week? I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to be lower (right, everyone does!) but am not sure it'll work? I can't decide btw a full round late may, or a few weeks added on now. What would you do?

I'm doing fine. Under LDW today, not particularly hungry yet. Did get some hunger later last night, so I had a slice of cheese and some chicken breast lunchmeat (love boars head!). I'm trying not to get carried away, but Ewster is coming . Those darned Cadbury eggs are evil! I need to mentally decide to not even have 1. I'm not quite convinced in my own mind yet .
You are doing great! Under you LDW is fantastic!!! Those Cadbury eggs are da bomb If I were you I would just do another round in late May. You are stabilizing very well. If you weren't stabilizing or up 5+ pounds I would say jump back in.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I've had eggs w/ cheese, polka kielbasa & hot sausage, steak, sausage links, wings/chicken (dark meat mostly), broccoli, string beans, turkey burgers, etc. I have been using oil for cooking meats when needed and butter (regular salted). I can't think of anything different but the food listed is enough!

Oh if I wasn't going on vacation in under 3 weeks, I'd do another round. Hmm, I just thought about this while I'm typing, if it's been under 2 weeks since I stopped then I could jump back in today and consider this a PI? LOL, I'm desperate so grasping for straws...but, I am going to go back and see.

As I continue to type while I'm thinking I wouldn't stabilize well since I'd just be in P3 coming off and leaving. I don't want to set myself up to think I won't taste test any other food which could be the kiss of death in P3 due to need to stabilize for the 3 weeks prior to attempting to eat P4.... oh boy...
You menu looks pretty clean. I'll bet it's the exercise. While it's super duper good to do, unfortunately it causes gains on the scale. BUT, it's a big fat LIE so don't let it bother you. Just stick with what you're doing and drink TONS of water to flush out those fat cells. The only thing I can see is on in induction they don't recommend the kielbasa, sausage links, or hot sausage because they are processed. Maybe try cutting those out for a few days and see if it makes a difference
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #633

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
yeah, as I was typing those out (processed meats) I realized that too along with exercise could be the culprit as it's not 'clean'. I had those during the track meet as they're sooo good on the grill. I'm going to go super clean for induction, drink water and not let the scale get to me too much. It's just mentally a when you work hard for certain numbers and it seems to get further away from you. I thought about what Julie said about my clothes, they still fit well so all's not lost.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #634

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
OH gosh, so much to read! DARN WORK...

Real quick though, I was going to do a round starting Monday, but have to put off a week since we have a wedding to go to next Saturday. I forgot all about it and no way can I NOT have their marvelous food.. So I will be a week behind Pati. Loading April 26,27 is my current plan.

Julie, I would wait and stabilize if I were you. It gets tricky on PIs, although I do them, but then I find that I want to go back to losing too quick, then I get tired of P2, it is a vicious cycle. Make sure you are ready to go a full round before you hop back on. That is only my opinion of course..

Gracie, Great job peeing up a storm, I bet you are losing!

Shari, I also find myself slowly gaining eating LC. I think my body just doesn't like the added fats.. although I DO. I just have to find a way to make LC work in the long run. Probably calories.. ugh...
Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hi, ladies !
I hope everyone is doing well. The week is almost over ! I hate how fast April goes by.

Good news - I lost a pound ! I'm in new territory ! I haven't seen 212 in four years ! I'm very excited ! I'm looking forward to the next decade....210's !

Deb, I think everyone's body reacts differently to LCHF. I know that weight loss is much slower than hcg for sure. I read a lot on the fb groups of how folks have stalled but the more experienced people tell me to just be patient and stalls are normal. Plus your body will have a normal 4 pound fluctuation depending on the time of the month and various other factors. It's definitely not for everyone. I'm just glad found something I can do, improve my diabetes and feel full.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #636

Hello I'm still on Atkins induction and doing good. I'm enjoying eating Yesterday I had the leftover ribs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner They are all gone now - thank God!!! I just had eggs/extra sharp cheddar/mayo and some bacon. I had a fat bomb for breakfast. My only problem is after dinner because I want something sweet. I've been having one of those small snack size Atkins bars (generic Aldi's brand) that has 3 net carbs. Then I try not to eat the rest of the night. My cut off is 7:00 pm. Last night I ate dinner at 8:00 pm because of course I was running the kids all around the world!

I'm trying to think what else I can make on Easter. I'm making the ham and devilled eggs. Maybe I'll make some broccolli. There's going to be a lot of other sides that are off plan - desserts, creamy potatoes, green bean casserole, yams, rolls. I need to stay away from those!!! Any suggestions ladies?

Sheba ~ I'm celebrating with you!!! That is a huge milestone!!! Reward yourself today with something nice - maybe a pedicure or a new piece of clothing or make-up. You deserve it!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well today. I wish I was off tomorrow but my boss is Jehovah's witness so I will be working Oh well, I appreciate the paycheck!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

AG, if you can have cheese and dairy, you can have your green bean casserole and make a cheesecake. I have all kinds of lc recipes pinned. I haven't tried the breads so much yet, but I do recall a roll similar to the Red Lobster cheesy one.

I will post them in your thread and you can see if you like any of them.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
AG, if you can have cheese and dairy, you can have your green bean casserole and make a cheesecake. I have all kinds of lc recipes pinned. I haven't tried the breads so much yet, but I do recall a roll similar to the Red Lobster cheesy one.

I will post them in your thread and you can see if you like any of them.
Ok sounds good! Thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #639

Stina congrats!!! WOW.. you are doing very well. Yes, I know it is just slow going on LC, and that is OK.. I just would like to get to a lower number before it goes so slow... I guess I can't have everything I want huh?

Gracie, RIBS RIBS AND RIBS sounds yummy to me!!.. I also have an Atkins bar every day. I never had a problem with stalling with a little Atkins bar, I think the stalling is more from the amount of FOOD I EAT.. too many cals.. = not losing so fast for me. PLUS they keep me from eating real sugar. I actually ordered 10 boxes or so recently to try the different flavors. Gonna keep those in my plan..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #640
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
You are doing great! Under you LDW is fantastic!!! Those Cadbury eggs are da bomb If I were you I would just do another round in late May. You are stabilizing very well. If you weren't stabilizing or up 5+ pounds I would say jump back in.
Thanks, I'm taking that advice and going to wait do another round. I'm enjoying my P3 so far . I'm planning a little indulgence on Sunday, and hope to be extra good before that so I will be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
yeah, as I was typing those out (processed meats) I realized that too along with exercise could be the culprit as it's not 'clean'. I had those during the track meet as they're sooo good on the grill. I'm going to go super clean for induction, drink water and not let the scale get to me too much. It's just mentally a when you work hard for certain numbers and it seems to get further away from you. I thought about what Julie said about my clothes, they still fit well so all's not lost.
I'm glad your clothes still fit. Gracie's right, the scale lies!! I'm heading back to workouts soon, so remind me of this when I whine about the scale going up! It's a double edged sword, exercise is good for you but I am always afraid of the scale . You're doing great, keep it clean and you'll have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
OH gosh, so much to read! DARN WORK...

Real quick though, I was going to do a round starting Monday, but have to put off a week since we have a wedding to go to next Saturday. I forgot all about it and no way can I NOT have their marvelous food.. So I will be a week behind Pati. Loading April 26,27 is my current plan.

Julie, I would wait and stabilize if I were you. It gets tricky on PIs, although I do them, but then I find that I want to go back to losing too quick, then I get tired of P2, it is a vicious cycle. Make sure you are ready to go a full round before you hop back on. That is only my opinion of course..

Gracie, Great job peeing up a storm, I bet you are losing!

Shari, I also find myself slowly gaining eating LC. I think my body just doesn't like the added fats.. although I DO. I just have to find a way to make LC work in the long run. Probably calories.. ugh...
Ah work...shouldn't that be lightening up soon? I'm gonna take your advice and take the break. I'll work on stabilizing and adding back some exercise before I try losing again. I'll be jealous when you're losing. Enjoy the wedding and loading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies !
I hope everyone is doing well. The week is almost over ! I hate how fast April goes by.

Good news - I lost a pound ! I'm in new territory ! I haven't seen 212 in four years ! I'm very excited ! I'm looking forward to the next decade....210's !

Deb, I think everyone's body reacts differently to LCHF. I know that weight loss is much slower than hcg for sure. I read a lot on the fb groups of how folks have stalled but the more experienced people tell me to just be patient and stalls are normal. Plus your body will have a normal 4 pound fluctuation depending on the time of the month and various other factors. It's definitely not for everyone. I'm just glad found something I can do, improve my diabetes and feel full.
Congrats on the loss!! Yes, as long as the scale goes the right direction, I'm ok with it going slowly. I've reached the conclusion that LC is good for maintenance for me, but doesn't help me lose anymore, . It's definitely my preferred way to eat. KUTGW!

Quote:
Hello I'm still on Atkins induction and doing good. I'm enjoying eating Yesterday I had the leftover ribs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner They are all gone now - thank God!!! I just had eggs/extra sharp cheddar/mayo and some bacon. I had a fat bomb for breakfast. My only problem is after dinner because I want something sweet. I've been having one of those small snack size Atkins bars (generic Aldi's brand) that has 3 net carbs. Then I try not to eat the rest of the night. My cut off is 7:00 pm. Last night I ate dinner at 8:00 pm because of course I was running the kids all around the world!

I'm trying to think what else I can make on Easter. I'm making the ham and devilled eggs. Maybe I'll make some broccolli. There's going to be a lot of other sides that are off plan - desserts, creamy potatoes, green bean casserole, yams, rolls. I need to stay away from those!!! Any suggestions ladies?

Sheba ~ I'm celebrating with you!!! That is a huge milestone!!! Reward yourself today with something nice - maybe a pedicure or a new piece of clothing or make-up. You deserve it!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well today. I wish I was off tomorrow but my boss is Jehovah's witness so I will be working Oh well, I appreciate the paycheck!!!
I love the twice baked cauliflower with cm cheese, bacon, cheddar everyone loves it! You could also do s sf jello salad with fruit? I'm toying with that myself.

Still eating LC and happy to be doing so! Ate out last night, ribeye, broc with butter, and Cesar salad ... 160.8 this morning, still under LDW which makes me happy! All good

Have a great day all! Off to buy eggs and dye for our traditional Good Friday dying .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #641

Quote:
Thanks, I'm taking that advice and going to wait do another round. I'm enjoying my P3 so far . I'm planning a little indulgence on Sunday, and hope to be extra good before that so I will be ok.

I'm glad your clothes still fit. Gracie's right, the scale lies!! I'm heading back to workouts soon, so remind me of this when I whine about the scale going up! It's a double edged sword, exercise is good for you but I am always afraid of the scale . You're doing great, keep it clean and you'll have a great trip!

Ah work...shouldn't that be lightening up soon? I'm gonna take your advice and take the break. I'll work on stabilizing and adding back some exercise before I try losing again. I'll be jealous when you're losing. Enjoy the wedding and loading!

Congrats on the loss!! Yes, as long as the scale goes the right direction, I'm ok with it going slowly. I've reached the conclusion that LC is good for maintenance for me, but doesn't help me lose anymore, . It's definitely my preferred way to eat. KUTGW!

I love the twice baked cauliflower with cm cheese, bacon, cheddar everyone loves it! You could also do s sf jello salad with fruit? I'm toying with that myself.

Still eating LC and happy to be doing so! Ate out last night, ribeye, broc with butter, and Cesar salad ... 160.8 this morning, still under LDW which makes me happy! All good

Have a great day all! Off to buy eggs and dye for our traditional Good Friday dying .
This is fantastic news Julie!!! you are stabilizing very well!..

I am loving LC so much too. Just could eat this all the time If I could lose some pounds on it.. Grrrrrrrrrr.. I should be patient, but I want it OFF then I can maintain..
Old 04-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Ladies !

Quote:

Thanks, AG ! That is such a good idea ! I am looking through my wish lists on ebay and amazon - but I can't decide !

Quote:

Wow, Julie, you are really rocking this protocol ! Awesome !

Quote:
Stina congrats!!! WOW.. you are doing very well. Yes, I know it is just slow going on LC, and that is OK.. I just would like to get to a lower number before it goes so slow... I guess I can't have everything I want huh?

Gracie, RIBS RIBS AND RIBS sounds yummy to me!!.. I also have an Atkins bar every day. I never had a problem with stalling with a little Atkins bar, I think the stalling is more from the amount of FOOD I EAT.. too many cals.. = not losing so fast for me. PLUS they keep me from eating real sugar. I actually ordered 10 boxes or so recently to try the different flavors. Gonna keep those in my plan..
Deb, I feel like one day, I will have EVERYTHING ! (Insert evil laugh !) I don't know, but I am trying !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doglovingal
Hi all

Sorry for the radio silence. What a week it has been! I see a few are eating Atkins

Deb Have you tried quest bars? They're also LC although not as low as atkins ones... some have 3 or 4g net. They have healthier ingredients though if you track that. I am like you, I'd rather lose slow and KEEP IT OFF. Maybe I will hop back on the train and load around the same time as you?

Julie: I agree with Deb. I did a PI and it totally messed with my head. I was cruising on P2 before that. If I do another round, I'll do it entirely and when I come off that's it for that round. If you're stabilizing well, stay there!

Gracie: How's Atkins induction going? I must say, it is a fun way to eat! Are you doing it to kick start the scale/maintain or just cuz it's super yummy and ribs are in the plan? Hope you're not working too hard today!

Shari:We've all been there... don't worry it'll all even out over time! How's things going after cutting out the processed meats?

Stina:Congrats on dropping! you'll be in the 210's before you know it.

So, you know the feeling when you eat too much you know is "naughty" and then you're sort of semi scared to weigh? And so you don't? and then, the next day, you eat something else, or too much of that too, and well... that is my week, pretty much summed up. I ate FAR too much one day (and people we're talking carb city here, not just too much chicken!).... I don't know why, but it was strange. I felt scared to weigh so I didn't. I was eating crackers (not just a couple but like 20)... rice... pasta... I didn't go overboard with those but still... it all adds in the mental "shouldn't of eaten that" bin.

So, today I woke up and I thought WHO CARES what the number is, whether or not I see it won't change it. Plus TOM's back in town and I enjoyed a stir fry with soy & teryaki sauce so I knew it might be up. Well... the last time I weighed I was 136.2 about a week ago.... and today I was 136.6! (LIW 139.0) I have no idea why, with the amount of stuff I ate. Carby stuff AND fats, together. I wish I knew what I was doing RIGHT this time because I feel I am eating the same way I was when I was bigger, but only this time I don't seem to be holding onto the weight. I'm happy but completely baffled.

Does anyone follow the youtube forums? There's a gal on there "cycling" her hcg..... 7 days of P3, followed by 7 days VLCDs P2 (injecting first 5 days only)... then again a week P3.... seems to be working for her. Might be an easier approach then P2 for another month?

Happy Easter Everyone!!
Doglovingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #644
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
GOOOOOOD MORNING MY FELLOW PEEPS Sorry I went MIA...I was on vacation from work last week.

So, I "loaded" this weekend and today will be VLCD#1. I despise my weight but here it goes:

Saturday (load day 1) = 215
Sunday (load day 2) = 216.5
Today (vlcd 1) = 217

I didn't even think I ate more than I normally do on any given day but it is what it is.
I was running late as always this morning but did manage to make my lunch. (lemon chicken, cucumbers and an apple). My coffee KILLED me this morning! I am so used to the creamer (hazelnut at that). I had it black with a 2 stevia packets WHICH I HATED! It will take a few days (maybe even a few weeks to get used to coffee with no creamer.

Let's see, I am TRYING to not obsess over the scale or what I am eating. When I did P2 before I would carried away with the portions (as in I HAD TO WEIGH IT AND GET IT TO THE EXACT OZ AMOUNT! Would drive me nuts!!! ) This time, I am eyeballing the proteins and going with it....

How is everyone else? Anyone load this weekend?

I do have a question which I may have asked previously. Do any of you exercise when on P2? If so, do you up your cals on those days when you do? Just wondering if I should up my calories if I decide to do Zumba? Or should I just sit back and relax for the few weeks I am in P2? (BTW - My rounds are always short - MUST. KEEP. MY. SANITY! )

Hopefully you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
GOOOOOOD MORNING MY FELLOW PEEPS Sorry I went MIA...I was on vacation from work last week.

So, I "loaded" this weekend and today will be VLCD#1. I despise my weight but here it goes:

Today (vlcd 1) = 217

I didn't even think I ate more than I normally do on any given day but it is what it is.
I was running late as always this morning but did manage to make my lunch. (lemon chicken, cucumbers and an apple). My coffee KILLED me this morning! I am so used to the creamer (hazelnut at that). I had it black with a 2 stevia packets WHICH I HATED! It will take a few days (maybe even a few weeks to get used to coffee with no creamer.

Let's see, I am TRYING to not obsess over the scale or what I am eating. When I did P2 before I would carried away with the portions (as in I HAD TO WEIGH IT AND GET IT TO THE EXACT OZ AMOUNT! Would drive me nuts!!! ) This time, I am eyeballing the proteins and going with it....

I do have a question which I may have asked previously. Do any of you exercise when on P2? If so, do you up your cals on those days when you do? Just wondering if I should up my calories if I decide to do Zumba? Or should I just sit back and relax for the few weeks I am in P2? (BTW - My rounds are always short - MUST. KEEP. MY. SANITY! )

Morning Pati!

Starting P2 is tough! Before I did my first round I loved my coffee with cream and splenda. I couldn't stand black coffee OR stevia. Initially I just cut it out (simply because I figured if I couldn't have it with cream then YUCK no thanks).... but I got used to it. Fat makes everything taste so much better

As far as the exercise goes, I found although I mentally wanted to, physically I just couldn't. Also I'd gain or stall out if I tried to. So I figured when I am P2ing I will just rest and let my body do it's thang, which seemed to work the best for me. Especially initially, when you're adjusting and feel like a wet noodle and don't want to move. I think everyone's different with this though.. have you in previous rounds?

Don't sweat the scale, a 2 lb load gain is nuttin
Old 04-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #646
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Morning Pati!

Starting P2 is tough! Before I did my first round I loved my coffee with cream and splenda. I couldn't stand black coffee OR stevia. Initially I just cut it out (simply because I figured if I couldn't have it with cream then YUCK no thanks).... but I got used to it. Fat makes everything taste so much better

As far as the exercise goes, I found although I mentally wanted to, physically I just couldn't. Also I'd gain or stall out if I tried to. So I figured when I am P2ing I will just rest and let my body do it's thang, which seemed to work the best for me. Especially initially, when you're adjusting and feel like a wet noodle and don't want to move. I think everyone's different with this though.. have you in previous rounds?

Don't sweat the scale, a 2 lb load gain is nuttin
THANK YOU!!

Yea, starting p2 can be tough but I was mentally prepped (with the exception of the coffee thing ) ...

You know what? You're right. I should just rest and not exercise during these 3 weeks. I will do leisurely walks with my DD who loves going out when the weather permits...

Thanks for your encouraging words!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #647

No time, but wanted to say GO PATI!!!!!!!!!!!

You got this!!! I keep cream in my coffee, but you are doing it by the book so hang in there!!!

Irene, you are doing so fantastic!!! Low weight, and eating good stuff!!! Wow!!!

I'll try to get back at lunch, my computer is acting all wonky and IT is coming by.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #648
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No time, but wanted to say GO PATI!!!!!!!!!!!

You got this!!! I keep cream in my coffee, but you are doing it by the book so hang in there!!!

Irene, you are doing so fantastic!!! Low weight, and eating good stuff!!! Wow!!!

I'll try to get back at lunch, my computer is acting all wonky and IT is coming by.
Thanks Deb

BTW - I am doing it by the book as long as possible. Won't beat myself up when I cave in to some "not-so-by-the-book schtuff"

Can't wait to hear your update.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #649
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi all

Sorry for the radio silence. What a week it has been! I see a few are eating Atkins.

Deb Have you tried quest bars? They're also LC although not as low as atkins ones... some have 3 or 4g net. They have healthier ingredients though if you track that. I am like you, I'd rather lose slow and KEEP IT OFF. Maybe I will hop back on the train and load around the same time as you?

Julie: I agree with Deb. I did a PI and it totally messed with my head. I was cruising on P2 before that. If I do another round, I'll do it entirely and when I come off that's it for that round. If you're stabilizing well, stay there!

Gracie: How's Atkins induction going? I must say, it is a fun way to eat! Are you doing it to kick start the scale/maintain or just cuz it's super yummy and ribs are in the plan? Hope you're not working too hard today!

Shari:We've all been there... don't worry it'll all even out over time! How's things going after cutting out the processed meats?

Stina:Congrats on dropping! you'll be in the 210's before you know it.

So, you know the feeling when you eat too much you know is "naughty" and then you're sort of semi scared to weigh? And so you don't? and then, the next day, you eat something else, or too much of that too, and well... that is my week, pretty much summed up. I ate FAR too much one day (and people we're talking carb city here, not just too much chicken!).... I don't know why, but it was strange. I felt scared to weigh so I didn't. I was eating crackers (not just a couple but like 20)... rice... pasta... I didn't go overboard with those but still... it all adds in the mental "shouldn't of eaten that" bin.

So, today I woke up and I thought WHO CARES what the number is, whether or not I see it won't change it. Plus TOM's back in town and I enjoyed a stir fry with soy & teryaki sauce so I knew it might be up. Well... the last time I weighed I was 136.2 about a week ago.... and today I was 136.6! (LIW 139.0) I have no idea why, with the amount of stuff I ate. Carby stuff AND fats, together. I wish I knew what I was doing RIGHT this time because I feel I am eating the same way I was when I was bigger, but only this time I don't seem to be holding onto the weight. I'm happy but completely baffled.

Does anyone follow the youtube forums? There's a gal on there "cycling" her hcg..... 7 days of P3, followed by 7 days VLCDs P2 (injecting first 5 days only)... then again a week P3.... seems to be working for her. Might be an easier approach then P2 for another month?

Happy Easter Everyone!!
Wow! That's an amazing success! WTG!! I'd call that super stable!! which youtube gal is that? I'm leaning toward trying that myself...even though I'm not excited to go back to P2, I think if I call this a PI and go back for another 10 days I will be able to make goal later this year. KUTGW!

Quote:

Today (vlcd 1) = 217

Pati-you're off to a great start! I hate the scale too! But, at least you know where you're starting! I started my round off with black coffee too, but added back a splash of hnh as the round went on. I needed my morning fix . I will probably be joining you for some P2 for a bit. You'll do great!!

Deb-sorry work and your computer are getting in the way . We miss you when you get too busy! Are you still planning another round? I can't remember your timing?

Hi everyone else. Hope you had a nice weekend!

I made a conscious decision to go back to P2 and call this week a PI. I know most who have done them recommend not doing them, but in looking at the calendar and honestly assessing where I want to be weight wise, a quick 3 week round late May want be enough. So, I'm going to add another 7-10 days of P2 onto this round while I can, and hope for another 5-7lbs down.

That said, I kind of chose to load yesterday. I know I have a weakness for Cadbury eggs and they really are only around for a short time. I enjoyed that yesterday, and some other indulgences and plain overeating. The scale is up today, but I know it's temporary. I also think if I got back into P2 mode, resisting the temptation would be easier-not one bite while in P2, I tend to fudge a bit in P3.

I'm trying to decide if I should do a CD today (I have a zillion deviled eggs on hand) then jump into P2 tomorrow? Or should I just toss all that food and jump right back to it? I'm leaning toward an egg day just out of practicality...the thought of eggs all day isn't appealing, but I hate to waste them (dd(10) worked so hard on them). I want to get back to the 150's before I take a 3 week break.

Anyway, we'll see. Mixing and injections while my mil is here will be challenging, and I have a 5000iu vial to work with so I will freeze the leftovers in their syringes for a later round...still figuring it out .
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #650

Good morning! How does Monday get here so quickly? Atkins is still going good. I'm following induction rules pretty well except for the occasional sweet treat. Last Monday I was back up to 208 and I weighed on Saturday and was at 200.6 I will weigh again on Friday or Saturday. I woke up yesterday at like 4:45 am with a tummy ache. Then warning TMI - I had the runs and actually threw up once. I had an entire housefull coming over too! I couldn't really eat much because my tummy hurt. I had a low-carb bar for breakfast to get something in me. Then for dinner I had ham and broccolli. So, not too bad considering all of the other scrumptious sides that were there. My stomach feels better today so who knows? Probably just a little tummy virus. I did have a couple beers on Saturday at a bday party but my stomach was hurting there too so I think I caught something.

Pati ~ Best of luck to you!!! I don't exercise much so I'm no help I think if you are already used to it you should be fine. Just make sure you eat before going to such an intense class. Don't want you passing out!!!

Irene ~ I'm doing Atkins induction to hopefully lose. I mentally can't do the hcg right now plus I have a lot of social engagements on the calendar. You are doing great! I'm not sure how you're eating all that and staying the same! But, hey take it and smile!!!

Deb ~ How are you doing? One more week til you start P2 again right?

Hi Shari, Sheba, Tommyswife, Julie and anyone I'm forgetting!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #651
Big Yapper!!!!

Cabbage Soup

Ingredients:

2 32 oz. cartons of
Swanson Organic Chicken Broth
2 14.5 oz. cans of low
sodium diced/stewed tomatoes
6 mediums stalks of celery
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 head cabbage, chopped red or green
1 teaspoon garlic powder
black pepper to taste

Directions:

Saute garlic in 1 Tbsp of bouillon base and set aside. Puree tomatoes in blender an then cook over medium heat to a boil. Turn heat to low. Add remaining bouillon and spices. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Makes 20 Servings ( 8oz Cup Per Serving)

35 Calories Per Serving

(putting this here to not lose it ) I plan on making this tonight for lunch tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 AM   #652

Morning all!!! I don't have time again!!!!!!! ugh... I am without a work computer for a bit, so can't check in at work. I just wanted to tell you all I am rooting for you! Pati, hope your first day went wonderful!!!

Gracie, great job on losing so much!! Wow Atkins induction really does work!..

Irene, keep up the great work too, so jealous of your small self!

Stina, keep on doing what you are doing, slowly but surely!!!

Julie!! Good luck on the rest of your P2! I have to say I would probably do the same thing.. although it is recommended not to, it really could be a jump start to your losses again. I will be joining everyone Sunday. I will do a mini load Fri and Sat at the wedding. Sunday morning I am on P2 again, and can't wait to start losing!

Shari, hope all is well with you!!

Tommyswife, Loretta, miss you girls! Anyone I may have missed, forgive me, I am on a crappy laptop..

I will check back when I can!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning Ladies How are you all doing today?

So my first day went well. I didn't stick to the "500 calorie" limit that the strict protocol lines out, but I ate within the same foods (I think )

I didn't feel deprived. I actually felt pretty good. No hunger. No complaints really. The most difficult thing for me with any diet is again, the coffee with Coffeemate (hazelnut). Filled with sugar and cream. I'm hoping to rid myself of the craving during this round. I could do cream and coffee when done. lol

Weighed in this morning. Stepped on the scale multiple times to make sure. The first weight I saw was 214. Then subsequent weights said 213.5. Yep. Saw the 213.5 several times BUT I am going to go with my first weight.

4/21 (vlcd 1) = 217
4/22 (vlcd 2) = 214 (-3lbs)

I'll take it! Two smalls goals that I have during this are (1) Hopefully get to 199. (2) Rid myself of carb (more so sugar) addiction
I'm trying to use this round as a stepping stone into Atkins for the summer. Hopefully it will work

Deb, hopefully you get your 'puter back soon! Thanks for helping me yesterday during my mini meltdown

Shari, Hopefully you are doing well!

Julie, how many days are into this P2?

Stina and Irene how are you today?

Gracie, how's Atkins treating ya?

Wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful day!

Last edited by 12yrslater; 04-22-2014 at 05:51 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 05:57 AM   #654

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies How are you all doing today?

So my first day went well. I didn't stick to the "500 calorie" limit that the strict protocol lines out, but I ate within the same foods (I think )

I didn't feel deprived. I actually felt pretty good. No hunger. No complaints really. The most difficult thing for me with any diet is again, the coffee with Coffeemate (hazelnut). Filled with sugar and cream. I'm hoping to rid myself of the craving during this round. I could do cream and coffee when done. lol

Weighed in this morning. Stepped on the scale multiple times to make sure. The first weight I saw was 214. Then subsequent weights said 213.5. Yep. Saw the 213.5 several times BUT I am going to go with my first weight.

4/21 (vlcd 1) = 217

I'll take it! Two smalls goals that I have during this are (1) Hopefully get to 199. (2) Rid myself of carb (more so sugar) addiction
I'm trying to use this round as a stepping stone into Atkins for the summer. Hopefully it will work

Deb, hopefully you get your 'puter back soon! Thanks for helping me yesterday during my mini meltdown

Shari, Hopefully you are doing well!

Stina and Irene how are you today?

Gracie, how's Atkins treating ya?

YAY PATI!!!! still no work computer, but I am sneaking on my personal laptop until the big bosses come in...

Back later and you are very welcome dear!! Anytime!!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #655

Great job Pati! Those first week losses are always so encouraging I have no doubt you'll get to 199 this round.

Hi Deb! I hate crappy laptops I honestly hate even typing on laptops. It feels so unnatural It will be nice to load at a wedding! Lots of yummy food and DESSERTS

Hi Irene, Shari, Stina, LoLo, Tommy - sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

I chose not to weigh today and probably no official weigh in until the weekend. I ate leftover ham on an oopsie roll for dinner and my fingers are a bit swollen this morning. I'm sure it's sodium. Plus, I got a little sunburn yesterday so there's no way the scale will reflect truth today!!!

I made a batch of oopsie rolls last night and was able to enjoy a sandwich with ham and mayo. They don't taste exactly like bread but they'll do. I also made the coconut oil, cocoa powder, HWC, splenda fat bombs. They are so yummy. I have to avoid those at night though. I couldn't fall asleep last night I think because of the coconut oil. I think it gives me energy

So far breaky was oopsie's with butter and coffee with HWC. I'm thinking of steaks for dinner. Lunch is still up in the air but I have ground chicken that needs to be either cooked or thrown in the trash soon!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls!

Pati- Gotta love those first few days! Youre doing great! 199 will be here before you know it

Gracie- I am the same way, sometimes it's better just to cruise, eat right and don't worry with the scale until later. Your foods sound deeelish.

Deb- Sucks about your computer problems! Wedding loading will be fun.

Julie- the youtube cycler is called suziesbody (might have spelled that wrong). I was contemplating cycling vs doing a round vs just eating clean vs ... after awhile these rounds can get to your head! Are you back on P2 now?

So last night I had some sprouted brown rice with my steak stir fry. I have come to the point that I pretty much am confident that THIS type of carb isn't making me gain. It was a total fluke (or call it a "cheat") discovering it and I thought I'd pay for sure but apparently not. (I make it with butter too, and have coconut oil in the stir fry). I think the key over time will be adding in one *type* of carb at a time to test what they do to me. I have been a low carb girl for a long long time (way before HCG) so purposefully eating rice has been foreign and strange. I'm still off-limits (for now) to bananas, bread, etc....I would start incorporating them but I'm trying to figure out when my next round will be.

Now I say it's not making me gain but at the same time I haven't been weighing daily but about once/week. So who knows but my weekly number is steady eddy.

Today stitches come out, Tomorrow I'm back jetsetting. Would love to do another round but I have a big vacation planned may 9-16 so it'll be hard P2 on the road plus vacation although not impossible... after that I am traveling again so another round would = more P2 on the road. I am home for the month of June but my working hours triple that month so I'm not sure if that's smart or not either. Going to figure this out

Shari, Stina, Everybody... hope you're all doing well!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #657
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

4/21 (vlcd 1) = 217

I'm trying to use this round as a stepping stone into Atkins for the summer.

Great job!! Congrats!! I know you'll hit your goal, maybe even below? . KUTGW! I did 27 days I think. I can go another 13 and still be within Simeon's guidelines. We will see .

Quote:

Julie!! Good luck on the rest of your P2! I have to say I would probably do the same thing.. although it is recommended not to, it really could be a jump start to your losses again. I will be joining everyone Sunday. I will do a mini load Fri and Sat at the wedding. Sunday morning I am on P2 again, and can't wait to start losing!

I will check back when I can!
at you sneaking time . God to hear from you, and I'm looking forward to your success in your next round! Enjoy your time this week and weekend . The losses do keep us coming back, don't they?

Quote:
Great job Pati! Those first week losses are always so encouraging I have no doubt you'll get to 199 this round.

Hi Deb! I hate crappy laptops I honestly hate even typing on laptops. It feels so unnatural It will be nice to load at a wedding! Lots of yummy food and DESSERTS.

I chose not to weigh today and probably no official weigh in until the weekend. I ate leftover ham on an oopsie roll for dinner and my fingers are a bit swollen this morning. I'm sure it's sodium. Plus, I got a little sunburn yesterday so there's no way the scale will reflect truth today!!!

I made a batch of oopsie rolls last night and was able to enjoy a sandwich with ham and mayo. They don't taste exactly like bread but they'll do. I also made the coconut oil, cocoa powder, HWC, splenda fat bombs. They are so yummy. I have to avoid those at night though. I couldn't fall asleep last night I think because of the coconut oil. I think it gives me energy

So far breaky was oopsie's with butter and coffee with HWC. I'm thinking of steaks for dinner. Lunch is still up in the air but I have ground chicken that needs to be either cooked or thrown in the trash soon!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Smart not letting the scale discourage you. Your foods sound good! After all these LC years I've still never made oopsies. And those fat bombs? That will give you lots of energy!! I gained on them, but it could have been a portion control thing .

Quote:
Hi girls!
Julie- the youtube cycler is called suziesbody (might have spelled that wrong). I was contemplating cycling vs doing a round vs just eating clean vs ... after awhile these rounds can get to your head! Are you back on P2 now?

So last night I had some sprouted brown rice with my steak stir fry. I have come to the point that I pretty much am confident that THIS type of carb isn't making me gain. It was a total fluke (or call it a "cheat") discovering it and I thought I'd pay for sure but apparently not. (I make it with butter too, and have coconut oil in the stir fry). I think the key over time will be adding in one *type* of carb at a time to test what they do to me. I have been a low carb girl for a long long time (way before HCG) so purposefully eating rice has been foreign and strange. I'm still off-limits (for now) to bananas, bread, etc....I would start incorporating them but I'm trying to figure out when my next round will be.

Now I say it's not making me gain but at the same time I haven't been weighing daily but about once/week. So who knows but my weekly number is steady eddy.

Today stitches come out, Tomorrow I'm back jetsetting. Would love to do another round but I have a big vacation planned may 9-16 so it'll be hard P2 on the road plus vacation although not impossible... after that I am traveling again so another round would = more P2 on the road. I am home for the month of June but my working hours triple that month so I'm not sure if that's smart or not either. Going to figure this out

Shari, Stina, Everybody... hope you're all doing well!
Thanks! Yes, today I am eating vlc and dosing again. I decided to do another week or so of the vlcds while I can fit it in, and try for a lower LDW. I will be doing another round in late may/early June (I think) which I hope will get me to goal. It might be too soon after this one though...they don't usually net much weight loss...so we will see.
Your schedule sounds crazy too! Maybe doing a round while work is busier would be a good option? I do best when I'm too busy to think about food . You're doing great with the carbs. I am a long term LCer who also hopes to up my carbs for maintenance, eventually. I plan to up my exercise substantially too, so hope that'll balance out.

Hi anyone I missed!

Back to vlcds today. Gotta dose. I messed up my mixing yesterday . I added the dissolved hcg back into the bac water vial, not the glass vial with the 9ml of water in it. So I then had 5000iu of hcg dissolved in 21 ml of bac water! so, my dose will be 52.5 cc for 125iu this round... theoretically. I loaded 30 syringes with about 55 cc yesterday. I froze 20 of them for later, and kept 10 in the fridge. Also have some leftover that I can fill and use as needed. Hope this works!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #658

Best of luck Julie! I have no idea what you're saying about the hcg vials Sounds good to me!!! Those fat bombs are so yummy. I'm only going to eat if necessary and small pieces. It's nice to have something sweet. The oopsie rolls are good. I might make a ground chicken patty for lunch and put it on 2 oopsies like a burger with some lettuce and mayo. Oh the possibilities with something that's like a bun!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #659
Big Yapper!!!!

:O OMG Julie! I thought I was having a difficult time with the amount of bac water/hcg! *that is what my mini meltdown was about yesterday. I went RUNNING to Deb - Bless her heart for her patience with me *

Hey Gracie, I love those Oopsie rolls. I follow Cleo's recipe for them when low carbing of course. I used to carry mine with me when I knew we would be going to eat burgers (this was when I was what I called , Hard Core LC! LOL)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #660

Quote:
:O OMG Julie! I thought I was having a difficult time with the amount of bac water/hcg! *that is what my mini meltdown was about yesterday. I went RUNNING to Deb - Bless her heart for her patience with me *

Hey Gracie, I love those Oopsie rolls. I follow Cleo's recipe for them when low carbing of course. I used to carry mine with me when I knew we would be going to eat burgers (this was when I was what I called , Hard Core LC! LOL)
Did you make yours with cream cheese, mayo, or cottage cheese? I chose mayo this time because I'm on induction and cottage cheese/cream cheese are both no-no's. Hard Core LC - I love it!!!