Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
GM ladies,

Deb~I'm like you, I tend to stabilize very well with LC, the best way I see to keep losing is to lower fat content and cals plus exercise= best results. Gone are the days of eating high fat w/o counting cals and having faster weight loss. You're doing exactly what is on plan, stabilize well then you'll really hit virgin territory during your next round!

Julie~ I agree, cuuute avi! You've done very well, congrats!!

Gracie~sorry about your back, but congrats on not letting it stop you from exercising. I love the steam and sauna rooms...it's so relaxing and it does wonders for your skin. Yup, last thing you wanna do is math LOL.

Pati~thanks hun! I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

Stina, Sheryl, Julia and Irene~ hope you're all doing well too!

I didn't weigh today as I ate late last night, after 8 and have already had a cup of coffee and red tea LOL. We're planning our food for tomorrow's track meet, grilled meats for lunch, and sausage, bacon and eggs in the morning for breakfast oh yeah, we get into it!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #602

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
GM ladies,

Deb~I'm like you, I tend to stabilize very well with LC, the best way I see to keep losing is to lower fat content and cals plus exercise= best results. Gone are the days of eating high fat w/o counting cals and having faster weight loss. You're doing exactly what is on plan, stabilize well then you'll really hit virgin territory during your next round!

Julie~ I agree, cuuute avi! You've done very well, congrats!!

Gracie~sorry about your back, but congrats on not letting it stop you from exercising. I love the steam and sauna rooms...it's so relaxing and it does wonders for your skin. Yup, last thing you wanna do is math LOL.

Pati~thanks hun! I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

Stina, Sheryl, Julia and Irene~ hope you're all doing well too!

I didn't weigh today as I ate late last night, after 8 and have already had a cup of coffee and red tea LOL. We're planning our food for tomorrow's track meet, grilled meats for lunch, and sausage, bacon and eggs in the morning for breakfast oh yeah, we get into it!
Wonderful Shari!! Your plan for tomorrow sounds YUMMMMMY!!! this is why I love LC so much and P3. We aren't under any expectations to lose more weight at this time..

I am at 183.8 today, and still under the 2 pounds, so I am good with that! I guess I have found my maintenance sweet spot, and will be ready to go again with my next round! Hopefully I will get to some virgin territory!! I think the lowest I got before was around 174. but boy I don't remember.

For the past 2 years I have been between 182 and 220 I think? Over Christmas I got really high and stopped weighing..

Hope everyone is having a GREAT FRIDAY!! whooo hooo weekend time! Shari enjoy your track meet!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hey, ladies !

Glad to see you guys are doing well !:hiya ! Hope AG's back is better soon. I'm still stable weight wise. I actually lost 1 inch around my left arm ! I haven't even been exercising. My blood sugar is doing weird things as usual. It looked like it was getting lower in the morning then it started jumping up this week. Diabetes is so frustrating sometimes.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:08 AM   #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hey, ladies !

Glad to see you guys are doing well !:hiya ! Hope AG's back is better soon. I'm still stable weight wise. I actually lost 1 inch around my left arm ! I haven't even been exercising. My blood sugar is doing weird things as usual. It looked like it was getting lower in the morning then it started jumping up this week. Diabetes is so frustrating sometimes.
Hi Stina!! I am so sorry you are having a time with those blood sugar readings! My Dad had Diabetes and never took care of himself, I am glad you are..

Congrats on your weight staying lower!!

No news for me, weight is the same, and I want to lose... I guess I will get geared up for next weekend! Excited to see the numbers go DOWN AGAIN!!!

Quiet around here, hope everyone is doing well!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doglovingal
Gooood morning everybody!

It's been a long week! Glad to be at the start of a new one.

Confession time.. Last I came on I had decided to transition to P3 for my foot surgery. I was holding my weight steady.... but then the cookie monster attacked me! I think the macadamia nut monster was with him. My husband had already eaten most of the cookies, thank GOD. Then the next night-the night before surgery -my DH took me out to an ahhmaaazing restaurant . Wine, tapas, shared creme brulee... deelish. Not all P3 friendly, but high quality and not too bad & I didn't gorge myself. (actually, that meal I don't regret one little bit).

Ladies, I was holding a steady 138-139 ish (I couldn't bear to weigh myself after my cookie/restaurant nights) well... went to go have foot surgery and their scale said 143.2!! Surgery went well and all, BUT the next day... carb attack. Again, couldn't bear to weigh. Instead I changed my mindset and thought "its not how much I cheat/slip up, it's how quickly I get back on the horse." So ladies, I got back on the horse... after a steak day, a few days of eating super clean and deflating from mountains of sodium...not to mention drinking a river of water yesterday, I'm at 136.2! I've never been this light for at least 7 years. I feel like I scared myself and dodged a huge weight gain train that was headed my way.

DebHawaii looks fabulous! Sorry to hear about your back. That must be super painful. At least you found your maintenance sweet spot! You make maintenance look effortless! You still doing LCHF (and eating all those delish foods?) I've been researching and got a ton of yummy looking recipes I'm anxious to try out Bacon-weaved bowl, anyone? I'm like you and Shari, LC works but need to watch calories too. I don't log (anymore), more of a mindfullness-to-quantity thing.

Julie You have done incredible! Gotta love it when you're close to the end.. looking at your syringes and trying to figure out days Dropping in smaller increments is probably more sustainable mentally!

Shari Hope you had a great weekend at the track meet! mmm Bacon n eggs is always a favorite. Let us know how the rest of your weekend went

Gracie Ouchhh. Is the pain still there? Last week I had a stabbing pain on this one particular spot between my shoulder blades on the left. I couldn't even sleep. I went to a chiropractor who, with 1 small, gentle push sent my whole spine cracking. I stood up and INSTANTLY felt better. Back pain is no fun. Your weight seems stable though, despite it all!

PatiOoOo almost loading time for you!! Going to load clean or "dirty" ? That gathering on the 19 sounds like a nice little load day

Stina Measurements are better then scale victories at times! Isn't it strange how the body works like that? I guess it doesn't matter, as long as things are moving in the right direction!

Everyone else- hope your weekends went well and things are going good!

Doglovingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #606

WOW!! congrats on this new low for you IRENE!!!!

So impressed that you were able to jump right back on and get down to this weight! You are so right! It is not how much or what you cheat with, it is getting right back on the horse and limiting any damage. WAY TO GO!!

So your surgery went as planned? Happy you got through it and are on the way to recovery..
Old 04-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WOW!! congrats on this new low for you IRENE!!!!

So impressed that you were able to jump right back on and get down to this weight! You are so right! It is not how much or what you cheat with, it is getting right back on the horse and limiting any damage. WAY TO GO!!

So your surgery went as planned? Happy you got through it and are on the way to recovery..
Thanks Deb!! I figure yknow, the rest of my life, there will be times when I do overindulge- intentionally or not- and/or eat foods not exactly in line with perhaps what's in my "plan." This little scare showed me 1) just how easy it is to gain weight back if you don't get back on that horse quickly... I could of easily kept on going the way I was with carbs here and there (not good kind)... 2) but how to turn it around quickly. I think part of keeping it off permanently won't be focusing on having a "routine" per se (workout, eat right every day from now on) but rather focusing on trying to make healthy choices and when I feel I've overindulged, to correct it.

I would like your (& everyone's) opinion on this though. Robin (author of weight loss apocolypse) says she disagrees with steak days, apple days, etc because it has a "binge/purge" mentality and can be dangerous for x-binge eaters. For example, a steak day would be a "correction" and viewed similarly to a "purge" or an extended exercise session... same mentality to "get rid of it". She advocates for just eating clean, to hunger, and the weight will come off naturally. Initially I agreed with her but after thinking about it, I think correcting using "tools" to maintain weight loss (intermittent fasting, steak day or whatever) is actually good and can set you back on the right path. What do people think?

Surgery went well thank you. I now have a left foot that looks normal! And hopefully will function normally also! Well, minus being swollen like a football and bruised black/blue and purple. I can weight bear on my heel, so I hobble around the house but that's about it. Tomorrow might get stitches out we'll see. I hate taking narcotic pain medication unless I am in agony.. which was only the first 2 days Now it's down to a dull constant burn/throb and if I stay off it, it's bearable and not bad.

Hopefully it will be healed quickly because.... you guessed it.... next week I fly out again! The dr knew I'd be flying and I have a huge post-op boot to wear out in public. This is going to be just AWESOME!

Last edited by Doglovingal; 04-14-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #608

Oh wow, so you have to fly so soon.. yikes.. be prepared for swelling but it sounds like you are a pro at this.. The boot will go nicely with your business attire... Who cares, you have a fixed foot..

As for correction days, I like the idea of being able to fix it FAST.. I have never dealt with any purging or binging, so I can't really relate as Robin has put it. If I do a steak day though, I never go the entire day not eating then eat a big steak.

I just CANNOT go that long without food. I take a nice big steak and eat it throughout the day. So I am probably not a good one to ask..

The apple day I tried ONE TIME and never again, it was horrible. I like a good meat day, clean eating day, etc. The main thing is to catch it quickly like you did and I know how fast it can blow up in your face (Holidays for me)

If I can catch it at 3 or 4 pounds or less, I don't have a problem getting it back down, but if I go over that, I feel like oh good grief, I am never going to get it off.. so who cares.. ( BAD BAD BAD attitude!)

Hope our other girlies will chime in soon!!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #609

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Peeps! Very busy weekend, I'm exhausted!!! Friday night I went to the high school play (Wizard of Oz) with family and friends. Then I met some friends afterwards for a couple drinks. Saturday got up early to get our boat out of storage. Took my DD Gracie to the mall with her friends and I got a pedicure. My feet were in dire need of a good pedi! Then came home and cleaned up and took my DS up the ballpark to play with his friends. Picked him and his friend up at 10:30 pm. Got up Sunday at 7:45 - DS had a double header starting at 10 am and Noon. It was an hour drive to the field. Then he had another game at 4:30 back where we live. In the middle of that, we had football/cheer sign-ups from 2-4. I'm the cheer coordinator so had to be there. We left the field around 7:15, went to Wendy's and then home. Of course Erin needed a bath because she was filthy from playing at fields all day Got to bed around 10 and I'm still tired!!! It was a beautiful weekend though weatherwise. I was really enjoying the sunshine! Poor DS's team lost all 3 games. They only had maybe 2-3 practices because of the weather. They just looked like they weren't ready at all.

I am not weighing today because I have a bit of sunburn and was a little off plan. I had a frosty from Wendys in a waffle cone I'm thinking of doing a clean Atkins induction for two weeks starting today and see how it goes. Easter is the only problem I can see. But, I can eat ham and make devilled eggs. I would have to avoid the potatoes and desserts. I really need to get rid of my sweet tooth!!! Would anyone else be interested in a clean 14 day induction? I need a plan because I've been waffling around a lot. I also want to try and exercise for 14 days straight. Even if it's only 30 minutes of walking - I need to get MOVING.

On the correction day issue I tend to agree with Robin. That's why I had so many problems with JUDDD. I would fast (500 calories) for one day and then the next day I would binge because I knew the following day was another fast. I can make it through a steak day but then the next day I seem to need to be rewarded and I overeat. I do like the empty feeling though of correction days
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Deb! Actually, when I had my first foot surgery in 2004, I had both feet done at the same time, bone breaking/repinning (bunion surgery) and I was on a flight from Australia to Hong Kong 10 days later! I couldn't even walk my feet were so swollen... I had no ankle bones whatsoever! This time I'll wrap it in an ace wrap before the plane.. hopefully that minimizes the damage!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #611

OH my goodness Gracie!! you make me tired...

14 days of clean induction sounds like a great idea!!! If I wasn't starting another round next Monday, I would join you on that.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #612
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey girls! I'm home from my fun weekend in flagstaff, the grand canyon and Sedona! Lots of driving, hotels, restaurants...well see what the scale says in the morning. I kept it clean and all low carb...so I'm hoping to be in my window .

I'll chime in more later, but it looks like you're all doing well . Keep plugging away .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey girls! I'm home from my fun weekend in flagstaff, the grand canyon and Sedona! Lots of driving, hotels, restaurants...well see what the scale says in the morning. I kept it clean and all low carb...so I'm hoping to be in my window .

I'll chime in more later, but it looks like you're all doing well . Keep plugging away .
Glad to see you back Julie!!! Wonderful that you had a good time on your trip plus stayed on your plan!!

This morning I did not weigh, but I had planned on it. Just forgot before coffee and we know we can't weigh after..

I am getting excited to start losing again! My BRITCHES are looser than ever! I love it! I know I am losing inches and my BF% is all over the place, but in a downward motion.

Hope all of you are doing well, Pati, I saw that picture of snow on FB so you are camping???
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #614

Hi ladies!

Gracie~ I'm in!! G and I were doing very well on this with a few hiccups along the way, but nothing that took me/him into a total carb feast LOL. Goodness girl, I thought my weekends were long with the kiddies...your past weekend was !!

Deb~WTG on stabilizing!! You'll remember very soon what 174 and less feels like. How exciting!! Nice to hear your britches are loose, causing that oh so sexy droopy-booty effect

Julie~ Good for you keeping it low carb/sticking to plan, but mostly I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend!

Irene~ We live in the 'real world' so hiccups will come along the way. You took control of it before it got out of hand and now you're back down, congrats! I don't have an issue withusing correction days as I feel better taking control of the situation, and if a specific method/plan helps me to get there quicker, mentally for me it's worth it. However, I do understand the binge/purge mentally, but more from the stand point of overeating, then compensating by eating a lot less and if done too many times, it can easily become an 'eating disorder', but I think using correction days should vary and be understood specifically for that person...to decide if it's something they can handle or the food 'game' is becoming more of an eating disorder, KWIM? Glad to hear your surgery went well.

Stina~ Congrats on the inch loss!! I agree with Deb, good thing you're taking care of the diabetes now..it's not easy, and I see my kid's father struggling to control his at times.

Last edited by shari; 04-15-2014 at 08:40 AM..
Old 04-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #615

I haven't weighed since Friday, my last post. I get to the point where I need a scale break, that's good and bad. Mentally, it's good because I'm not too obsessed and it doesn't ruin my day if I see the variances but not good because that's how weight can creep back on. I told myself by Friday I'll weigh regardless to see where I'm at. Right now I'm focusing on eating low carb and continuing to exercise.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #616

Quote:
I haven't weighed since Friday, my last post. I get to the point where I need a scale break, that's good and bad. Mentally, it's good because I'm not too obsessed and it doesn't ruin my day if I see the variances but not good because that's how weight can creep back on. I told myself by Friday I'll weigh regardless to see where I'm at. Right now I'm focusing on eating low carb and continuing to exercise.
That is awesome Shari!! I see the good and bad also. When I stopped weighing in over the holidays I gained 20 pounds, but I was happy..

Now a couple of times a week, keeps me in check much better. The problem for me and probably others is that weekend weight is my official weight because I get up around 7 or 8. Weekday weight I am up at 4am and there is really no comparison.

I always pee a few times between 4 and 8am on weekends.. That makes a big difference in weight.

Just keep up what you are doing, it seems to agree with you! PLUS you can do this on the weekends with all your activities!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #617

Happy Tuesday!

Today is my second day of induction and so far, so good. I'm having bacon and eggs for lunch. I know I will probably do another round but I need to make sure there are no social commitments. Dinner is going to be baby back ribs I need a low-carb BBQ sauce though. The kids and hubby can eat regular. Any ideas???

Yay! Shari is low-carbing too!!!

Deb ~ Great news on your saggy arse!!!

Stina ~ Inch loss is fantastic! Nobody else can see the scale but you - but inch loss everyone can see

Julie ~ Welcome back! Hope you had a nice time

Irene How are you today?

Tommyswife ~ How's it going? Check in if you can!

My plan is to weigh maybe Saturday morning and see if I'm back in onederland or at least close. My back is feeling much better. Still not sure how I did it. I do try to carry every.single.bag from the grocery store up my steps in one.freaking.trip!!! That could've done it

I did not exercise yesterday. I was wiped out from the weekend and just wanted to go to sleep. It's SNOWING here today so I can't walk outside. I may try to hit the gym. My baby Erin's (well, almost 5 years old) allergies are horrible today. She has sneezed like 100X and that's not exaggerating. She's done school for the week. They had an Easter egg hunt today and party. DS and DD Gracie have a 1/2 day tomorrow and then they're off til next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the break. Getting up every morning and getting 3 kids off at 3 different times to 3 different schools is a headache. And that's all before I start work. Calgon, take me away!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #618

Quote:
That is awesome Shari!! I see the good and bad also. When I stopped weighing in over the holidays I gained 20 pounds, but I was happy..

Now a couple of times a week, keeps me in check much better. The problem for me and probably others is that weekend weight is my official weight because I get up around 7 or 8. Weekday weight I am up at 4am and there is really no comparison.

I always pee a few times between 4 and 8am on weekends.. That makes a big difference in weight.

Just keep up what you are doing, it seems to agree with you! PLUS you can do this on the weekends with all your activities!
I know, right? Why oh why do it have to come with a trade off...no weighing + eating whatever = happy, face reality + weigh again = Oh s@$& .... to find that 'perfect' place = priceless Yup, one reason why low carb works now is because of the track meets, plus we're leaving in under 3 weeks so whatever has been done regarding protocol will have to work along with low carb and exercise. No time left to do another good round. Now upon returning, I'm hoping I'll want to do a round then. Not because I've gained but because I want to get to the 150's again in this lifetime LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Happy Tuesday!

Today is my second day of induction and so far, so good. I'm having bacon and eggs for lunch. I know I will probably do another round but I need to make sure there are no social commitments. Dinner is going to be baby back ribs I need a low-carb BBQ sauce though. The kids and hubby can eat regular. Any ideas???

Yay! Shari is low-carbing too!!!

My plan is to weigh maybe Saturday morning and see if I'm back in onederland or at least close. My back is feeling much better. Still not sure how I did it. I do try to carry every.single.bag from the grocery store up my steps in one.freaking.trip!!! That could've done it

I did not exercise yesterday. I was wiped out from the weekend and just wanted to go to sleep. It's SNOWING here today so I can't walk outside. I may try to hit the gym. My baby Erin's (well, almost 5 years old) allergies are horrible today. She has sneezed like 100X and that's not exaggerating. She's done school for the week. They had an Easter egg hunt today and party. DS and DD Gracie have a 1/2 day tomorrow and then they're off til next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the break. Getting up every morning and getting 3 kids off at 3 different times to 3 different schools is a headache. And that's all before I start work. Calgon, take me away!!!
Yikes!! This weather is something...they're saying we may see a few flakes tonight too as the weather is dropping from the high 60's today to the high 20's overnight Aww, poor baby (is she 5 already?!!! ), I hope she feels better. Allergies are really bothering a lot of people this year. You do need a break, I'm enjoying the one school drop off for both boys as the grades are from Pre-k -8th..not looking forward to having two schools after next year for drop off. I can't even imagine 3!! Wow, I hope you're able to rest and have a mini vacation too over Easter break.

Last edited by shari; 04-15-2014 at 11:02 AM..
Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #619

Oh Gracie, I meant to also add that when I was looking for a good, low carb bbq sauce for ribs, Guy's BBQ sauce ranked very high (using google). I know they sell it here through Netrition, but I never tried it. Store bought, I've tried Stubb's but it's a little too...vinegary (don't know if that's a word) for me so I added sweetner. It was good.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #620

Quote:
Oh Gracie, I meant to also add that when I was looking for a good, low carb bbq sauce for ribs, Guy's BBQ sauce ranked very high (using google). I know they sell it here through Netrition, but I never tried it. Store bought, I've tried Stubb's but it's a little too...vinegary (don't know if that's a word) for me so I added sweetner. It was good.
I'll have to look for Stubb's at my grocery store. I can just make a dry rub too - salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, and whatever else I have on hand. I found a recipe online where you put spread dijon mustard on then a rub. Cook on a low heat in the oven for 2 hours. I might try that one.

3 drop-offs is a pain in the butt! Next year, Ricky and Grace will both go to the same place at the same time. Erin will go to the elementary school. But I can probably do them all in the same car ride. Right now I take Ricky first, come back and get the girls ready, take Grace, go get my mom, then drop off Erin I pick Erin up at 11 o'clock (preschool) and my mom watches her while I work for the rest of the day.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #621

Quote:
Guy's is delicious!! Tastes just like the real stuff and not a bad price.. I have ordered 7 bottles so far and love all the flavors..

Can't beat 5 cals for 2 T. and only 1 Carb!!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #622

Quote:
Guy's is delicious!! Tastes just like the real stuff and not a bad price.. I have ordered 7 bottles so far and love all the flavors..

Can't beat 5 cals for 2 T. and only 1 Carb!!
Which is your favorite? I tend to like sweet BBQ sauces best.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #623

Quote:
Which is your favorite? I tend to like sweet BBQ sauces best.
I like the original best. Followed by Spicy. They are all good though, sweet and delicious!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #624

Thanks Deb, I'll have to order that. It came highly recommended when I was searching.

Gracie, hope your little one is better. How's low carb going?

I couldn't wait so I weighed myself this morning and good thing I did, it showed a nice gain of 5 lbs. I'm kinda upset about it because I've been doing low carb faithfully for a few days with exercise, and I'm still higher than before. It seems the best losses come now when I eat low carb and also lower the fat content vs. in the past when I could divulge in higher fat low carb food and lose nicely. Oh well, back to the drawing board as I want to at least maintain where I was at before the cruise
Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #625

Quote:
Thanks Deb, I'll have to order that. It came highly recommended when I was searching.

I couldn't wait so I weighed myself this morning and good thing I did, it showed a nice gain of 5 lbs. I'm kinda upset about it because I've been doing low carb faithfully for a few days with exercise, and I'm still higher than before. It seems the best losses come now when I eat low carb and also lower the fat content vs. in the past when I could divulge in higher fat low carb food and lose nicely. Oh well, back to the drawing board as I want to at least maintain where I was at before the cruise

So far, so good. I haven't weighed yet though.

What have some of your menu's been? I'm trying to stick to just meat, eggs, little bit of cheese, mayo.... It's a little hard because that voice in the back of my head wants those stupid Atkins treats. I stall with those!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #626

The ribs were delicious!!! I even had some for breakfast I made a rub out of the spices I had and coated the ribs. Then I baked them on 300 degrees for 2 hours in the oven. They fell off the bone!!! I used a teensy bit of BBQ sauce to dip every couple bites.

I'm tempted to weigh because I've been peeing a lot!!! I know the first few days it's mostly water weight but it is nice.

You guys have me considering starting a round on Monday after Easter. The quick weight loss is so tempting. I have to figure out when TOM is due so I don't get it the first week. I'm just really enjoying eating!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #627
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Thanks Deb!! I figure yknow, the rest of my life, there will be times when I do overindulge- intentionally or not- and/or eat foods not exactly in line with perhaps what's in my "plan." This little scare showed me 1) just how easy it is to gain weight back if you don't get back on that horse quickly... I could of easily kept on going the way I was with carbs here and there (not good kind)... 2) but how to turn it around quickly. I think part of keeping it off permanently won't be focusing on having a "routine" per se (workout, eat right every day from now on) but rather focusing on trying to make healthy choices and when I feel I've overindulged, to correct it.

I would like your (& everyone's) opinion on this though. Robin (author of weight loss apocolypse) says she disagrees with steak days, apple days, etc because it has a "binge/purge" mentality and can be dangerous for x-binge eaters. For example, a steak day would be a "correction" and viewed similarly to a "purge" or an extended exercise session... same mentality to "get rid of it". She advocates for just eating clean, to hunger, and the weight will come off naturally. Initially I agreed with her but after thinking about it, I think correcting using "tools" to maintain weight loss (intermittent fasting, steak day or whatever) is actually good and can set you back on the right path. What do people think?

Surgery went well thank you. I now have a left foot that looks normal! And hopefully will function normally also! Well, minus being swollen like a football and bruised black/blue and purple. I can weight bear on my heel, so I hobble around the house but that's about it. Tomorrow might get stitches out we'll see. I hate taking narcotic pain medication unless I am in agony.. which was only the first 2 days Now it's down to a dull constant burn/throb and if I stay off it, it's bearable and not bad.

Hopefully it will be healed quickly because.... you guessed it.... next week I fly out again! The dr knew I'd be flying and I have a huge post-op boot to wear out in public. This is going to be just AWESOME!
Glad you're doing well and your foot is healing! I understand Robin's point about the CDs and can see a down side mentally to them, but I also have found the longer it takes to relose a gain, the less likely it is to go! If I don't get it off right away, it usually becomes permanent. . The gycd is my favorite, b/c it's yummy and I can eat all day.

Quote:
Hi Peeps! Very busy weekend, I'm exhausted!!! Friday night I went to the high school play (Wizard of Oz) with family and friends. Then I met some friends afterwards for a couple drinks. Saturday got up early to get our boat out of storage. Took my DD Gracie to the mall with her friends and I got a pedicure. My feet were in dire need of a good pedi! Then came home and cleaned up and took my DS up the ballpark to play with his friends. Picked him and his friend up at 10:30 pm. Got up Sunday at 7:45 - DS had a double header starting at 10 am and Noon. It was an hour drive to the field. Then he had another game at 4:30 back where we live. In the middle of that, we had football/cheer sign-ups from 2-4. I'm the cheer coordinator so had to be there. We left the field around 7:15, went to Wendy's and then home. Of course Erin needed a bath because she was filthy from playing at fields all day Got to bed around 10 and I'm still tired!!! It was a beautiful weekend though weatherwise. I was really enjoying the sunshine! Poor DS's team lost all 3 games. They only had maybe 2-3 practices because of the weather. They just looked like they weren't ready at all.

I am not weighing today because I have a bit of sunburn and was a little off plan. I had a frosty from Wendys in a waffle cone I'm thinking of doing a clean Atkins induction for two weeks starting today and see how it goes. Easter is the only problem I can see. But, I can eat ham and make devilled eggs. I would have to avoid the potatoes and desserts. I really need to get rid of my sweet tooth!!! Would anyone else be interested in a clean 14 day induction? I need a plan because I've been waffling around a lot. I also want to try and exercise for 14 days straight. Even if it's only 30 minutes of walking - I need to get MOVING.

On the correction day issue I tend to agree with Robin. That's why I had so many problems with JUDDD. I would fast (500 calories) for one day and then the next day I would binge because I knew the following day was another fast. I can make it through a steak day but then the next day I seem to need to be rewarded and I overeat. I do like the empty feeling though of correction days
I didn't do well on Juddd either! I felt too deprived and mentally it did not work for me. Scale didn't go down either, so after all that sacrifice I really was mad! Your ribs sound delicious!! And I can so relate to your taxi service! I only have 2, can't imagine adding another child to my routes! You're doing great, and I hope the scale rewards your efforts! . I hear you on the hcg temptation...I'm trying to decide btw jumping back on for a few weeks, or taking a good break and doing a full round late may...

Quote:

I'm sorry I'd be upset too! I also noticed I can't do the more luxurious, higher fat LC eating and get the scale to move anymore . I need to keep my calories low to get the scale to budge at all, and that's no fun! I suspect you're retaining some water from the exercise too. How are your clothes fitting? Hope the scale cooperates soon!

Deb-thanks for the sauce recommendation. I can not find a good LC one of those! Are you still planning to go back to P2 next week? I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to be lower (right, everyone does!) but am not sure it'll work? I can't decide btw a full round late may, or a few weeks added on now. What would you do?

I'm doing fine. Under LDW today, not particularly hungry yet. Did get some hunger later last night, so I had a slice of cheese and some chicken breast lunchmeat (love boars head!). I'm trying not to get carried away, but Ewster is coming . Those darned Cadbury eggs are evil! I need to mentally decide to not even have 1. I'm not quite convinced in my own mind yet .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #628

oops double post

Last edited by shari; 04-16-2014 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #629

Quote:
So far, so good. I haven't weighed yet though.

What have some of your menu's been? I'm trying to stick to just meat, eggs, little bit of cheese, mayo.... It's a little hard because that voice in the back of my head wants those stupid Atkins treats. I stall with those!!!
I've had eggs w/ cheese, polka kielbasa & hot sausage, steak, sausage links, wings/chicken (dark meat mostly), broccoli, string beans, turkey burgers, etc. I have been using oil for cooking meats when needed and butter (regular salted). I can't think of anything different but the food listed is enough!

Oh if I wasn't going on vacation in under 3 weeks, I'd do another round. Hmm, I just thought about this while I'm typing, if it's been under 2 weeks since I stopped then I could jump back in today and consider this a PI? LOL, I'm desperate so grasping for straws...but, I am going to go back and see.

As I continue to type while I'm thinking I wouldn't stabilize well since I'd just be in P3 coming off and leaving. I don't want to set myself up to think I won't taste test any other food which could be the kiss of death in P3 due to need to stabilize for the 3 weeks prior to attempting to eat P4.... oh boy...
Old 04-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #630

Congrats Julie on stabilizing very well especially while away! It's never an easy decision of when to jump back into another round but I do feel that when everyone, or mostly everyone is in P2 it's more encouraging to stick with it. But you do have to plan when the best time if for you considering outside obligations you can't avoid and might be tempting...