Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Good afternoon ladies. I'm up 1.5 pounds today. Yeah, I know!!! A bite here a bit there!

We moved on Saturday....needless to say it was a mess. I was so exhausted!

My weight was 211 this morning. Eating clean protocol today!
Moving is one of the top stressors in life along with death and divorce ! Hang in there and have a great day now that it's over !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Much thinking yesterday and with visits to my Mom and Sister this weekend and next, I have decided to end my round after a total loss from 205 when I started to now at 182. This was not my best round, but with the PI I got used to eating like P3 and STILL I lost. Down 23 pounds, and after a 3 week P3 I will be ready to go again. NOT protocol, but when am I ever?

I can join Pati with an Easter Load and be ready to go again. I just KNOW my Mom will not cook anything P2 friendly at all. She is much more of a P3 cook with lots of fatty things. I don't see myself ever eating lots of Carby things again, so I will do P3 with fruit.

I will keep on posting here though! I love this little group!
23 pounds in one round is FANTASTIC !! I'm going to spank all of you ladies who downplay your hard work !! This is not an easy protocol and you guys keep shrinking so you need to give yourself some kudos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Tommyswife-moving is rough! Hang in there and you'll do fine. glad its done though

Yum! Hot dogs at a ball game? that'll be fun! I think breaks are good and you usually maintain or even lose on yours, so you'll do well! I may PI and come back after Easter too, we'll see. Tough to hide anything from my MIL, she'll be staying with me until apr 25, so that'll prob be when I can come back to hcg. congrats on a great round!!

Pati-that's a good decision. LCing is always a good way to go, easy and accommodating, without gaining!

everyone else. Looks like you're all doing well!! 1 day at a time!

We're home. We had a lovely, relaxing and fun weekend. Even my dd's and dh were saying how good it was that the 4 of us got away and spent time together, just us , which is a bit surprising coming from a 10 and 13 y.o.. We hiked, walked, shopped, swam, played in the creek, played tennis, mini golf, bocce ball and horseshoes . We were outside all weekend and it did get a bit chilly (for me at last, 55-60 deg at times) but it was really perfect weather overall.

I did weigh in this morning, and am down a bit to 164.4. Considering I was stalled all last week, I'll take it. Of course it would be nice to be down lower , but it's still -13 from where I started, so on vlcd16, I'm content with that. I'm planning to make next Friday my LDD, so that 10 days should give me enough time to lose a little more. I'd love to get down 20lbs, but I'm usually only good for 15 per round. Maybe this one will go better with the Rx, recent regain and exercise? We'll see .

Happy April fool's day!
Congrats on your loss and glad you had a lovely weekend !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Thanks peeps for the support I'm just TIRED of dieting for nothing! It's so frustrating at times. I'm going to take it easy this week and eat P3. I'll weigh on Friday and see what's up. No pressure!
AG, you are top on my list for a spanking !! Girl, you have had so much success so far with the small jeans and the new venture into onederland !! Do not forget how far you have come and the non-scale victories are fabulous !! KUTGW !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Oh I totally understand that feeling. At least it wasn't a gain..and being in ketosis w/ hcg = best fat burning combination!

I second everything everyone has already said. Most of us have done this thing a few times with the up and downs of 'dieting' and weighing so we totally understand the frustration part. However the difference is that you haven't given up, and you keep on going regardless. You've had several things to happen during this round, TOM being a beast and sinus infections/not feeling well, culprits known to stall the scale. How are your clothes fitting? If I remember correctly, you were having that baggy pants thingy going on...so even though the scale is not totally showing your hard work and commitment, your body/clothes are. I do want to support your goal to add exercise when possible because as you were reminded by seeing your friend and I too saw/reminded last week while walking with another 'mom'...exercise + a eating plan that works for you, is so important and I do believe is the key to looking way smaller than what that stupid scale says some days. You are not a failure because if this was easy or wasn't a challenge, this website and other weight loss support websites wouldn't be here. It's not easy, but look how far you've come...and haven't gone back to your starting weight. Now that my love, is damn good and success right there!!

Thanks Pati. I agree with Irene... Easter is a great time for loading LOL. You know what's best for you and with a lot of social commitments, P2 can be challenging. Yup, no reason to not start low carb now...that works just as well. Still post and let us know how you're doing.

Yes, do what's easiest without worrying and stressing. I agree with Deb, rest and take it easy. Your body needs time to heal.
Shari, I am glad you guys have a group when yall are on the same page. I have yet to find a bunch of ketogenic diabetics who aren't stuck in some cult ! And by that I mean, they've attached themselves to some guru who doesn't know his pancreas from his hiney ! And if you question his crazy statements, they want to know YOUR credentials. That's because common sense has totally flown out the window. These fb support groups are more stress than support.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Tommyswife-moving is rough! Hang in there and you'll do fine. glad its done though

Yum! Hot dogs at a ball game? that'll be fun! I think breaks are good and you usually maintain or even lose on yours, so you'll do well! I may PI and come back after Easter too, we'll see. Tough to hide anything from my MIL, she'll be staying with me until apr 25, so that'll prob be when I can come back to hcg. congrats on a great round!!

Pati-that's a good decision. LCing is always a good way to go, easy and accommodating, without gaining!

everyone else. Looks like you're all doing well!! 1 day at a time!

We're home. We had a lovely, relaxing and fun weekend. Even my dd's and dh were saying how good it was that the 4 of us got away and spent time together, just us , which is a bit surprising coming from a 10 and 13 y.o.. We hiked, walked, shopped, swam, played in the creek, played tennis, mini golf, bocce ball and horseshoes . We were outside all weekend and it did get a bit chilly (for me at last, 55-60 deg at times) but it was really perfect weather overall.

I did weigh in this morning, and am down a bit to 164.4. Considering I was stalled all last week, I'll take it. Of course it would be nice to be down lower , but it's still -13 from where I started, so on vlcd16, I'm content with that. I'm planning to make next Friday my LDD, so that 10 days should give me enough time to lose a little more. I'd love to get down 20lbs, but I'm usually only good for 15 per round. Maybe this one will go better with the Rx, recent regain and exercise? We'll see .

Happy April fool's day!
Happy April Fool's day to you too!! Glad you enjoyed your time with the family and that the girls did too! how nice!

You did well to have a loss on a vacation no matter how quick! Congrats!! you have done very well Julie!! 13 pounds in 16 days is GREAT!!

I can't imagine having my MIL stay with us.. we would kill each other.. We are not far away though, so a visit now and then is fine.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #453
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
No no, I meant on my planned interruption that is what I ate with no dosing. During my dosing, I had cream in my coffee every day, some real salad dressing on my salads, and a bit fattier type of meat. I also had one or two fruits, and no breads. Around 800 cals is my sweet spot.
Makes sense! LOL I can't wait to start and start experiencing. My plan is to do a full p2 clean (as close to the 500 cals as possible) but I'll be exercising so if I go higher cals, then I won't be too concerned
Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Makes sense! LOL I can't wait to start and start experiencing. My plan is to do a full p2 clean (as close to the 500 cals as possible) but I'll be exercising so if I go higher cals, then I won't be too concerned
I would LOVE to see what I could do if I stuck to 500 cals, but I know ME, and I won't. I hope you do, and I can't wait to see how you do!! EXCITED!!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Moving is one of the top stressors in life along with death and divorce ! Hang in there and have a great day now that it's over !

23 pounds in one round is FANTASTIC !! I'm going to spank all of you ladies who downplay your hard work !! This is not an easy protocol and you guys keep shrinking so you need to give yourself some kudos !!

Congrats on your loss and glad you had a lovely weekend !

AG, you are top on my list for a spanking !! Girl, you have had so much success so far with the small jeans and the new venture into onederland !! Do not forget how far you have come and the non-scale victories are fabulous !! KUTGW !!

Shari, I am glad you guys have a group when yall are on the same page. I have yet to find a bunch of ketogenic diabetics who aren't stuck in some cult ! And by that I mean, they've attached themselves to some guru who doesn't know his pancreas from his hiney ! And if you question his crazy statements, they want to know YOUR credentials. That's because common sense has totally flown out the window. These fb support groups are more stress than support.
I KNOW!!... I tell you what, I can't stand those types of groups and I would say things not printable if anyone talked to me like some of them do! I much prefer a group of open minded folks anyday!!!!

Thanks Stina, glad you are here!!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #456

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi peeps! Everything is good today. TOM is gone and my sinuses are feeling a teensy bit better. It is crazy how hungry I get without the hcg in my system. So far today I've had a grilled chicken salad. Not sure what dinner is going to be. I will weigh on Friday morning and see where I'm at.

Thanks for all the support
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #457

Quote:
Hi peeps! Everything is good today. TOM is gone and my sinuses are feeling a teensy bit better. It is crazy how hungry I get without the hcg in my system. So far today I've had a grilled chicken salad. Not sure what dinner is going to be. I will weigh on Friday morning and see where I'm at.

oh YAY!! so happy your TOM and sinus problems are leaving you alone.. I also know what you mean about the hunger. That is the main reason I really have to be in Ketosis when not on HCG because I just cannot control my hunger.

That takes away so many things I love to eat, but I have found it is the only way I can lose. Ugh..
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #458

Quote:
oh YAY!! so happy your TOM and sinus problems are leaving you alone.. I also know what you mean about the hunger. That is the main reason I really have to be in Ketosis when not on HCG because I just cannot control my hunger.

That takes away so many things I love to eat, but I have found it is the only way I can lose. Ugh..
My tummy was growling at 11:00 am! Big difference from the hcg. I could go all day without eating Great job on the 23 lbs BTW That is awesome!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #459
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post

WELL PUT!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Glad you're feeling better Gracie!
once you get into ketosis (if you are doing lc) your hunger will subside.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #461

Quote:
Glad you're feeling better Gracie!
once you get into ketosis (if you are doing lc) your hunger will subside.
Thanks Pati! I'm doing my best. I could really go for some ICE CREAM though
Old 04-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #462

Quote:
My tummy was growling at 11:00 am! Big difference from the hcg. I could go all day without eating Great job on the 23 lbs BTW That is awesome!!!
Thanks Gracie! Hope that hunger goes away!!!..
Old 04-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #463
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 190.4/178.2/135 ~5'10"~
Start Date: 9/9/2014
Marking my spot. Yesterday was my last day of hhcg after a 90+ day round. I didn't lose much because I kept eating crap (not because of hunger either). I know how to lose weight without hhcg too, but this way is so much quicker. I'm going to give my body a minimum of a 30-day break and no more long rounds. I'm following Atkins for the next thirty days and back on my elliptical.

Good Luck to all of us!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Dream View Post
Marking my spot. Yesterday was my last day of hhcg after a 90+ day round. I didn't lose much because I kept eating crap (not because of hunger either). I know how to lose weight without hhcg too, but this way is so much quicker. I'm going to give my body a minimum of a 30-day break and no more long rounds. I'm following Atkins for the next thirty days and back on my elliptical.

Good Luck to all of us!
WOW!!! that is a long long round!!

So happy you are here, I remember you from long ago and look how much you have lost!!! I bet your body does need a break!

Glad you joined us!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #465

Quote:

Good Luck to all of us!
Violet Dream! 90 days Good for you!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #466

Oh I forgot to tell you all that my fancy new scale says I have 41% bodyfat!.. OMG!.. no wonder I am so flabby... I probably should weigh around 140 with my small bones and muscle mass.. ugh..
Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Quote:
Thanks Pati! yep, 23 pounds in around 30 days of VLC. My PI was for around 10 days, and I ate mostly MEAT, FAT, VEGES and some fruit. ( Mac nuts, Almonds and a little cheese were my snacks.)

I was NOT HUNGRY.. at all. I got deep into ketosis, then when I started back on P2 I was already not hungry. It works fine, I just am bored and want a break. Especially going to my Mom's house and a baseball game this weekend. I can eat HOT DOGS.. all beef of course, and other things I can't really get away with on my P2's.

I am really going to need recipes when I start back up again!!!
Congratulations! 23 pounds is darn awesome! I hope to see the 180's real soon.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Good morning ladies. Well I'm down to 209.5 today....stuck to strict protocol all day at work only to walk in on hubby cooking his famous dirty rice. I plucked a few pieces of chicken breast from the rice and tossed the rest. He was so sad! He thought I didn't like his cooking. I assured him that it wasn't the cooking but I'm really focused on losing this weight. He said, "oh you're really serious this time?" LOL He knows that in the past I would have caved. Yep, he's that good!

My size 16's are droopy in front and back and I'm wearing a sweater that I couldn't fit a month ago.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #469

Quote:
Congratulations! 23 pounds is darn awesome! I hope to see the 180's real soon.
Thank you!! It is so funny that when you look at the number on paper, it seems like so much, but when I look in the mirror I think .. oh man I have so far to go!...

Oh well! One day at a time!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #470

Quote:
Good morning ladies. Well I'm down to 209.5 today....stuck to strict protocol all day at work only to walk in on hubby cooking his famous dirty rice. I plucked a few pieces of chicken breast from the rice and tossed the rest. He was so sad! He thought I didn't like his cooking. I assured him that it wasn't the cooking but I'm really focused on losing this weight. He said, "oh you're really serious this time?" LOL He knows that in the past I would have caved. Yep, he's that good!

My size 16's are droopy in front and back and I'm wearing a sweater that I couldn't fit a month ago.

Have a great day ladies!
This is FANTASTIC!!!!! I love what your hubby said, because that is exactly what mine does...

Congrats on the droppy drawers!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #471

Quote:
Oh I forgot to tell you all that my fancy new scale says I have 41% bodyfat!.. OMG!.. no wonder I am so flabby... I probably should weigh around 140 with my small bones and muscle mass.. ugh..
What kind of scale did you get? I love those ones that show all kinds of neat things. I have just a plain digital one but my kids would just destroy an expensive one. I keep it on the bathroom floor under the sink and when my daughters take a bath/shower that get like a foot of water on the floor! I'm surprised my scale hasn't crapped out already
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #472

Quote:
What kind of scale did you get? I love those ones that show all kinds of neat things. I have just a plain digital one but my kids would just destroy an expensive one. I keep it on the bathroom floor under the sink and when my daughters take a bath/shower that get like a foot of water on the floor! I'm surprised my scale hasn't crapped out already
I got an Escali- Body Fat , Water, Muscle Mass, digital bathroom scale. It is not one to share with anyone else, and I put it in my cabinet when
I don't use it. For SURE my daughters would ruin it..

It does tell you all that stuff, and it doesn't change number when get on and off like I try to test it sometimes.. Seems pretty accurate so far. My hubby tried it also just so I could see if it was lying to me, and his was very accurate from his latest test at the gym. He is only 26% bodyfat, and that is kind of high for a man, but not tooo bad.

Now he wants to use it all the time, and I won't let him. It's MINE...

This is what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scale.jpg (20.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Deb294evr; 04-01-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #473

Quote:
I got an Escali- Body Fat , Water, Muscle Mass, digital bathroom scale. It is not one to share with anyone else, and I put it in my cabinet when
I don't use it. For SURE my daughters would ruin it..

It does tell you all that stuff, and it doesn't change number when get on and off like I try to test it sometimes.. Seems pretty accurate so far. My hubby tried it also just so I could see if it was lying to me, and his was very accurate from his latest test at the gym. He is only 26% bodyfat, and that is kind of high for a man, but not tooo bad.

Now he wants to use it all the time, and I won't let him. It's MINE...

This is what it looks like.
That's hysterical! Keep that man off your new scale
Old 04-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #474

Quote:
That's hysterical! Keep that man off your new scale
I know!!...
Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #475
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Good Luck to all of us!
\ 90+day round???

WELCOME!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Have a great day ladies!
AWESOME!! You'll be in size 14s in no time!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Pati- Sounds like a good plan! Glad to have you with us!

Deb-how does the scale work? How does it know? and what happened to your journal? I just realized (duh!) that I haven't gotten any updates lately? you've lost an amazing amount of weight in a short time. Don't minimize your success, you rock gf!

Gracie-glad you're feeling better, and eating! Do what works best for you! You're in control and you got this!

Tommy-that's some impressive self control. Tough to resist! Great way to make this plan work. Nice loss too!

Violet-did you say 90?!?! that's insane!! A break sounds like a great idea!!

I mixed up my menu and had steak tonight, and broccoli! It was yummy. A nice change from chicken and salad .

Good night all! Having an attitude problem from my 13yo dd who can't seem to understand why I won't allow her to keep bouncing her volleyball into my picture frames. Really irritated right now .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 04-02-2014, 05:08 AM   #478

Thank you Julie! I guess since It took a while longer, I am not appreciating it as I should.

The scale works by running a harmless electric current through your body and measuring the body composition. At least that is what it says.. It seems pretty accurate for a scale, unlike doing an actual water tank fat test which is very expensive. I just wanted to use it for when my numbers don't drop on the scale, it still shows if your BF% goes down. I LIKE THAT!

Sorry about your DD, 13 is such a FUN AGE... I say that very sarcastically since all 3 of my girls about drove me insane during those years.. funny how we almost always survive...

I need a new journal, the other one says 2013 and I need a new focus.. so I will do that soon!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 AM   #479
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning ladies

Deb, are you in p3 now? (I'm so lost...) P3 is wonderful after doing P2

Julie I'm sorry about your DD. I have an 8 year old going on 37 with ATTITUDE!!!! I so can not wait for the teen years to come /end sarcasm/

Hoping all of you have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #480

Quote:
Morning ladies

Deb, are you in p3 now? (I'm so lost...) P3 is wonderful after doing P2

Julie I'm sorry about your DD. I have an 8 year old going on 37 with ATTITUDE!!!! I so can not wait for the teen years to come /end sarcasm/

Hoping all of you have a WONDERFUL day!
Morning Pati!! I am now on P3 !!! Heading to Mothers this weekend, to eat her yummy fatty meat and roasted veges.. then to a baseball game to enjoy some all beef hot dogs!! HEAVEN after the skinny food I have been forced to consume..

I am still in Ketosis, so no hunger, and I never just keep eating low cals once I go to P3, I just eat to hunger, and I have none, so no worries..

Your daughter is so CUTE!!! I also can't wait to see how things go for her as a teen, you will see what a difference it is to have a girl from the easy boys...
Closed Thread