Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Vegetables and Fruits. These are absolutely essential to health.
A brief list of the benefits of fruits and vegetables include: fiber,
vitamins,minerals,micronutrients, and antioxidants. Vegetables are
a great way to help a patient feel full and is the best way to
compliment the protein of a meal. Fruit can be combined with a
meal as well, but is often used as a snack in between meals to keep
a patient satisfied.

Minor carbohydrate allowance, aka “dry carbs” (optional).
I only allow rice cakes, melba toast, bread sticks, fat-free saltines,
or similar products in an extremely limited amount. It depends on
the need of the patient. I also have many patients that choose
to not have a carbohydrate such as these because they know
that this type food is a “trigger” for them and they lack self-control
with them.

Chapter 7: Long Term Results
Patients visit me months to years upon completion of their weight
loss regimen. The usual response is that they havemaintained their
weight within ounces or a few pounds of when I last saw them in
my office. There are two reasons to which I attribute this success:

1. Metabolism. When someone completes a regimen of HCG treatment for weight loss, their bodies are proportionally more
muscle and less body fat due to a complete change in body
composition. As most people know, muscle is the portion of
our body composition that drives our metabolism. These
patients have acquired a stronger metabolism due to this
change in their bodies and they report how much easier it is
for them to maintain than any other program in their weight loss
trials.

2.The diet. The simplicity of the above outlined diet, along with
its emphasis on the important components of a healthy and
muscular physique (i.e. lean protein, fruit, and vegetables)
allows people to learn a healthier and more sustainable way to
structure meals without an abundance of complex
carbohydrates. This leads them to live within a healthy and
balanced calorie consumption.

However, the long term success is largely due the patient’s own
fulfillment of living up to a new, healthier lifestyle

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #332

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
ok, thanks!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks for sharing that Deb! Kind of confirms what we've experimented with on ourselves in the past. I've had rounds where I've kept my cream in my coffee and done 700/day and lost fine. I know you're going to do great!

It's the longer term maintenance she discusses that is the part I haven't fully accepted, but am beginning to. Basically keeping my lifestyle lower carb forever. It does seem to be the key to the successful long term maintainers. I haven't seen one who's transitioned back to a higher carb diet and maintained with ease. It's ok. I'll wrap my head around it, and accept it, and look forward to maintaining lower carb with occasional indulgence, then back to clean LC for lifelong stability. Hopefully I'll be able to workout consistently and that'll help too?!

First week over, down to 167.4 today, off to start vlcd8! I think that's exactly 10lbs from where I began last Sunday. I am pleased with that. I'd love to be down 10 more in the next few weeks, but also know from experience that it's not going to be likely. But, with the gain being mostly in the past 2 months, and with adding back in more exercise again (I'll do more cardio for now) I'm hoping it'll help. I do tend to gain weight while exercising initially, but am hoping my body "remembers" the exercise, and won't do that!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks for sharing that Deb! Kind of confirms what we've experimented with on ourselves in the past. I've had rounds where I've kept my cream in my coffee and done 700/day and lost fine. I know you're going to do great!

It's the longer term maintenance she discusses that is the part I haven't fully accepted, but am beginning to. Basically keeping my lifestyle lower carb forever. It does seem to be the key to the successful long term maintainers. I haven't seen one who's transitioned back to a higher carb diet and maintained with ease. It's ok. I'll wrap my head around it, and accept it, and look forward to maintaining lower carb with occasional indulgence, then back to clean LC for lifelong stability. Hopefully I'll be able to workout consistently and that'll help too?!

First week over, down to 167.4 today, off to start vlcd8! I think that's exactly 10lbs from where I began last Sunday. I am pleased with that. I'd love to be down 10 more in the next few weeks, but also know from experience that it's not going to be likely. But, with the gain being mostly in the past 2 months, and with adding back in more exercise again (I'll do more cardio for now) I'm hoping it'll help. I do tend to gain weight while exercising initially, but am hoping my body "remembers" the exercise, and won't do that!
Great job Julie!! Wonderful first week!! I think what you are saying is very true. I also don't know anyone who is able to eat whatever they want and keep it off after losing lots of weight.

I think we are always going to have to be mindful, and REALLY embrace exercise as part of our lives. I am going to include my cycling 5 days a week while on this round, and not concern myself with it. I have been doing it long enough, that I am hoping the inflammation and water weight gain is at a minimum.

Dr.Emma says that exercise is fine, so does the author of HCG 2.0. Keep on doing what you are doing Julie, so far so GOOD!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doglovingal
Hi everyone!

Finally back home again. I leave again in a week, so I'm really going to focus these next few days and eat super 100% on plan. I woke up and totally forgot about weighing myself before I had already downed a couple cups of coffee. So tomorrow I'll figure out the numbers. However, when I came home I tried on a few articles of clothes and I fit into jeans (not squeeze, but fit, as in- could wear them in public) that I haven't fit into since I got married!! Also some shorts etc that I tried on right before I left I now fit into nicely. So whatever the scale may say, I *know* I lost some inches while away. To me that's what matters most.

When I came home I thought phew, I can finally eat exactly P2. So what does my husband say who hasn't seen me in awhile? "Lets go out for lunch!" So despite being home, my first day was all restaurant food anyways.

Deb- Very interesting reading about Dr. Emma's take on things. When I started hcg I was told no face creams, oils on the skin, conditioner etc. Well honestly I thought this type of thinking was rediculous. The skin does absorb things, but absorption and digestion/using it for fuel are completely different in my mind. I have been using all the products I normally prefer, all contain oil(s) of some kind and they haven't stalled me one little bit. I also agree the cals/day and the ratio of what those cals should be is highly individual. I

Personally I have chosen to keep the fruit in and eat 1 piece of melba toast per day. I know this might slow down the weight loss vs if I replaced the cals with veggies, but for myself, this puts my mindset in a very "diety/black or white" thinking which is harmful and hard to break. Ultimately I'd like to live life eating from all foods, in proportions of each that I know are healthy for me (lower carbs overall, but not cut out forever). So I keep my intake up. Sometimes I forget to eat the melba toast. hehe

Julie- YAAY! for being -10 already ! That was so fast! You'll be down another 10 before you know it! Keep doing whatever you're doing, because it seems to be working. I am also going to steal your iced tea idea. I'm going out with my husband tonight and was wondering how it'll go.

Gracie- Congratulations on your progress so far. You're doing fantastic and will be down to your second goal in no time! Especially by skipping those pancakes.

Shari- hope things went well! You're starting tomorrow (Monday), if I recall?

We're going to see cirque du soleil tonight so that should be fun. Iced T and water it is though! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Doglovingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi everyone!

Finally back home again. I leave again in a week, so I'm really going to focus these next few days and eat super 100% on plan. I woke up and totally forgot about weighing myself before I had already downed a couple cups of coffee. So tomorrow I'll figure out the numbers. However, when I came home I tried on a few articles of clothes and I fit into jeans (not squeeze, but fit, as in- could wear them in public) that I haven't fit into since I got married!! Also some shorts etc that I tried on right before I left I now fit into nicely. So whatever the scale may say, I *know* I lost some inches while away. To me that's what matters most.

When I came home I thought phew, I can finally eat exactly P2. So what does my husband say who hasn't seen me in awhile? "Lets go out for lunch!" So despite being home, my first day was all restaurant food anyways.

Deb- Very interesting reading about Dr. Emma's take on things. When I started hcg I was told no face creams, oils on the skin, conditioner etc. Well honestly I thought this type of thinking was rediculous. The skin does absorb things, but absorption and digestion/using it for fuel are completely different in my mind. I have been using all the products I normally prefer, all contain oil(s) of some kind and they haven't stalled me one little bit. I also agree the cals/day and the ratio of what those cals should be is highly individual. I

Personally I have chosen to keep the fruit in and eat 1 piece of melba toast per day. I know this might slow down the weight loss vs if I replaced the cals with veggies, but for myself, this puts my mindset in a very "diety/black or white" thinking which is harmful and hard to break. Ultimately I'd like to live life eating from all foods, in proportions of each that I know are healthy for me (lower carbs overall, but not cut out forever). So I keep my intake up. Sometimes I forget to eat the melba toast. hehe

Julie- YAAY! for being -10 already ! That was so fast! You'll be down another 10 before you know it! Keep doing whatever you're doing, because it seems to be working. I am also going to steal your iced tea idea. I'm going out with my husband tonight and was wondering how it'll go.

Gracie- Congratulations on your progress so far. You're doing fantastic and will be down to your second goal in no time! Especially by skipping those pancakes.

Shari- hope things went well! You're starting tomorrow (Monday), if I recall?

We're going to see cirque du soleil tonight so that should be fun. Iced T and water it is though! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
WOW! So happy for you!! Inches are what matters and you are rocking it!!

Too funny about DH wanting to eat out.. but you handle that very well. You are in the ZONE!! Keep it up and enjoy your day and evening out! Sounds very fun!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #337

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi everyone So yesterday we went to the gym and I had a nice workout on the treadmill and then swam with Erin for a while. Then I hit the hot tub and steam room Then we went to Outback for dinner because we were starving! We were at the gym from 4:30-7 pm. I ordered a steak and it came with a salad and broccolli/squash. It was yummy! We ate pretty late though, probably around 7:45. Scale was back up at 200 this morning but I also noticed that TOM is due in the next day or so - BOOOOO!!! I knew I was feeling icky I hate TOM.

How is everyone else doing today? Let's make this a great week!!!!!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #338

You did great Gracie! You exercised and ate late, so of course some retention. You meal sounds great!!!

Day 1 for me and I gained 2 pounds over the weekend. 190.8 starts my next part of my round. Not worried, and am ready to roll!! Being in Ketosis makes the transition easier. Today I plan on 745 cals.. 90 g of protein. 30 ish net carbs and the rest is fat, not much.

I am ready to lose though, and blast through the 80's.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
You did great Gracie! You exercised and ate late, so of course some retention. You meal sounds great!!!

Day 1 for me and I gained 2 pounds over the weekend. 190.8 starts my next part of my round. Not worried, and am ready to roll!! Being in Ketosis makes the transition easier. Today I plan on 745 cals.. 90 g of protein. 30 ish net carbs and the rest is fat, not much.

You got this!!! I've been having extra protein too, just makes it easier. I usually only have one fruit, or sometimes no fruit. Fruit tastes good but doesn't fill me up at all.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
You got this!!! I've been having extra protein too, just makes it easier. I usually only have one fruit, or sometimes no fruit. Fruit tastes good but doesn't fill me up at all.
Thanks Gracie, and I agree! Fruit is nice, maybe I have a few strawberries to end my day, but otherwise I would much rather have extra protein to help keep me full.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

So, this morning I found out what the numbers are from 10 days of P2 on the road.

-5.2 lbs over those 10 days. Not bad, but TOM is here and has been for about 3 days now so perhaps that's why not huge numbers. Right now I feel I'm in "cruising" mode at 1/2 lb a day, which I'm totally happy with and will take. I am also getting smaller and am 20 lbs away from my goal weight so if I keep on with 1/2 lb a day I will be very happy.

Gracie- Great job on the workouts, No wonder you were starving! Also steaks at restaurants have sodium added so I bet thats part of it too.

Deb- sounds like you've got this down to a fine science! Good luck starting your next round!

Apples seem to be the only fruit that keeps me full. I eat other things, but mainly for variety and nutritional variation. Pieces of orange, berries, etc in a salad goes a long way to adding interest in food for P2!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #342

Quote:
So, this morning I found out what the numbers are from 10 days of P2 on the road.

-5.2 lbs over those 10 days. Not bad, but TOM is here and has been for about 3 days now so perhaps that's why not huge numbers. Right now I feel I'm in "cruising" mode at 1/2 lb a day, which I'm totally happy with and will take. I am also getting smaller and am 20 lbs away from my goal weight so if I keep on with 1/2 lb a day I will be very happy.

Gracie- Great job on the workouts, No wonder you were starving! Also steaks at restaurants have sodium added so I bet thats part of it too.

Deb- sounds like you've got this down to a fine science! Good luck starting your next round!

Apples seem to be the only fruit that keeps me full. I eat other things, but mainly for variety and nutritional variation. Pieces of orange, berries, etc in a salad goes a long way to adding interest in food for P2!
WHOOHOOO!!! congrats! so close to goal and losing .5 pounds a day is wonderful!!

On top of THIS, you were traveling most of the time.. wow.. so impressive!

You will reach your goal and I am excited for you! Wish I was that close, but If I keep on going, I will eventually get there..
Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #343

Quote:

Great job! That's very impressive with all the traveling you do!!! I never thought about the sodium from the restaurant plus TOM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #344

Quote:

Congrats Julie!! 10lbs is great! I agree about exercising...I'm older now and need help with my metabolism from years of yo-yo dieting and just plain ole age LOL. You have a wonderful outlook, nothing but continued success because of this!!

Quote:
Great job Julie!! Wonderful first week!! I think what you are saying is very true. I also don't know anyone who is able to eat whatever they want and keep it off after losing lots of weight.

I think we are always going to have to be mindful, and REALLY embrace exercise as part of our lives. I am going to include my cycling 5 days a week while on this round, and not concern myself with it. I have been doing it long enough, that I am hoping the inflammation and water weight gain is at a minimum.

Dr.Emma says that exercise is fine, so does the author of HCG 2.0. Keep on doing what you are doing Julie, so far so GOOD!!!
I agree! Good for you, how could it hurt to improve our health by adding in exercise? Either way, now or later, it looks like it has to be done so why not start adding it now?

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Congrats on the non-scale victory!! Inch loss is very important...it determines the ability to fit into smaller sizes vs. numbers only. It's not called "Weightloss: Pounds and Inches' for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi everyone So yesterday we went to the gym and I had a nice workout on the treadmill and then swam with Erin for a while. Then I hit the hot tub and steam room Then we went to Outback for dinner because we were starving! We were at the gym from 4:30-7 pm. I ordered a steak and it came with a salad and broccolli/squash. It was yummy! We ate pretty late though, probably around 7:45. Scale was back up at 200 this morning but I also noticed that TOM is due in the next day or so - BOOOOO!!! I knew I was feeling icky I hate TOM.

How is everyone else doing today? Let's make this a great week!!!!!
WTG Gracie! You did very well eating out on P2. Booo for TOM coming, and it means that it'll be coming my way after you. Yup, just looked using the P Tracker and it should be arriving sometime next week for me. I hope it's not too bad for you.

Quote:

Hey Deb, 2 lbs is nothing! You'll certainly blast through the 180's soon!

Quote:

Congrats!! You did amazingly well to have such a great loss while traveling! You're so close to goal too!!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Deb-thanks! That's pretty amazing stabilization!! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!! You'll do great I'm sure!!

Sheba-thanks! How's it going with you?

Gracie- congratulations on your new low!! Woohoo!! WTG!

Dog-you've done really well while away! Hope it'll be nice and easy when you're home

Shari-nice deal!! I love Zumba!!

Home from the tournament for a few minutes. Dd(13) and I are going to the movies shortly. Rare time alone with her . Having a good, POP weekend so far! Dh wants to eat out, but I think I'll eat at home and just get some iced tea at dinner .trying to minimize any outside influences...next weekend will be challenging being away for 4 days.
I'm doing fine ! Enjoying my NSV's ! The zipper finally stays up on some jeans that my tummy kept pushing down ! Next goal: size 18 with no blubber hanging over !

Doglovingal - congrats on your losses !

Shari, Deb & Gracie & anyone I missed-
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
I'm doing fine ! Enjoying my NSV's ! The zipper finally stays up on some jeans that my tummy kept pushing down ! Next goal: size 18 with no blubber hanging over !

Congrats on your non scale victory!!!! Whoo hoooo to no blubber..

Shari, is today your day 1? Excited for ya!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #347

I went on and made this past weekend a 'regular' load weekend once I was faced with the temptation of a buffet brunch (oh my...the food! ) and knowing in my mind I was 'loading', I just went for it Scale number wasn't pretty today, but I wasn't surprised too much because I did go all out and I certainly know how to do that perfectly

I was reading about cruise stuff yesterday and realized it's 6 weeks away!! I'm determined to stick with it this go round and do much better than this previous round. The thought of my summer clothes fitting tighter and less comfortable while in the HOT carribbean heat is more than motivating. I'm doing the mean green shake during the day for my fruit and veggies and eating a lean protein for lunch or dinner. I don't know why, the mean green is more filling than if I was separately eating the same thing so it's perfect for P2 plus it has the exact same food I'd be eating anyway. I put in it 2 handfuls of kale, piece of ginger root, strawberries (6), blueberries (handful), 1/2 lemon...and I can't remember what else, this may be it. I can change it daily to include other fruit from Omaha list but in the past I mostly used these ingredients plus apples, watermelon, celery if I wanted a change. I have exactly 3 weeks of P2 and 3 weeks of P3...so here's to restarting today!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #348

Quote:

Agree with Deb, congrats on NSVs and and YAY to no more blubber!!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies!!

Dog-Woohoo!! that's great!! WTG!!! Success on the road!!

Deb-welcome to VLCDs!! Great job minimizing gains and you're in the zone already!! WTG!!

Shari-how's it going with you? Exercise now makes it easier to look good later .

Gracie-good for you! Family time at the gym and very small gain from late dinner out? I'd call that good!!

Sheba-I'll take those over scale rewards any day!!

I went back to the gym today! I took my combat (kickboxing) class and did pretty well! I had to lower the intensity a bit here and there, and modified the sit ups for my neck, but I'm really pleased with it! I ate a quest bar afterwards, and plan to add those as needed (I was feeling a bit lightheaded). I forgot to take my hcg before I went, so I just took it now. Not hungry and feeling good! I'm happy!! Zumba tomorrow and Wed. and then I'm hoping to do pump on Thursday. If I can get my 4 day routine re-established while losing a bit, I'll be thrilled.

What do you think about upping the protein and cals a bit on workout days? I've been coming in about 400-450cals this first week, but don't think I'll be able to do my classes on that low level. The Quest bars are 20g of protein for about 170cals, tough to beat. Convenient too! I'll be around 558cals and 58g of protein for the day…I think that should not hurt the scale. We will see

Down to 167 even, so only -0.4. I'll confess I expect a bit more on 450cals, but I'll be mixing things up today w. some GC P2 chili and the workouts and quest bar. Not sure what'll it'll do, but I also know a stall is inevitable-sometimes week2, sometimes week 3. I'll take it as it comes. 125iu dose is doing well. Content .
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I went on and made this past weekend a 'regular' load weekend once I was faced with the temptation of a buffet brunch (oh my...the food! ) and knowing in my mind I was 'loading', I just went for it Scale number wasn't pretty today, but I wasn't surprised too much because I did go all out and I certainly know how to do that perfectly

I was reading about cruise stuff yesterday and realized it's 6 weeks away!! I'm determined to stick with it this go round and do much better than this previous round. The thought of my summer clothes fitting tighter and less comfortable while in the HOT carribbean heat is more than motivating. I'm doing the mean green shake during the day for my fruit and veggies and eating a lean protein for lunch or dinner. I don't know why, the mean green is more filling than if I was separately eating the same thing so it's perfect for P2 plus it has the exact same food I'd be eating anyway. I put in it 2 handfuls of kale, piece of ginger root, strawberries (6), blueberries (handful), 1/2 lemon...and I can't remember what else, this may be it. I can change it daily to include other fruit from Omaha list but in the past I mostly used these ingredients plus apples, watermelon, celery if I wanted a change. I have exactly 3 weeks of P2 and 3 weeks of P3...so here's to restarting today!
You earned that LOAD!! Girl you can get that off quickly and your mean green shakes sure do work for you! Just think of that cruise!!!..

Quote:
Good morning ladies!!

Deb-welcome to VLCDs!! Great job minimizing gains and you're in the zone already!! WTG!!

Shari-how's it going with you? Exercise now makes it easier to look good later .

Gracie-good for you! Family time at the gym and very small gain from late dinner out? I'd call that good!!

I went back to the gym today! I took my combat (kickboxing) class and did pretty well! I had to lower the intensity a bit here and there, and modified the sit ups for my neck, but I'm really pleased with it! I ate a quest bar afterwards, and plan to add those as needed (I was feeling a bit lightheaded). I forgot to take my hcg before I went, so I just took it now. Not hungry and feeling good! I'm happy!! Zumba tomorrow and Wed. and then I'm hoping to do pump on Thursday. If I can get my 4 day routine re-established while losing a bit, I'll be thrilled.

What do you think about upping the protein and cals a bit on workout days? I've been coming in about 400-450cals this first week, but don't think I'll be able to do my classes on that low level. The Quest bars are 20g of protein for about 170cals, tough to beat. Convenient too! I'll be around 558cals and 58g of protein for the day…I think that should not hurt the scale. We will see

Down to 167 even, so only -0.4. I'll confess I expect a bit more on 450cals, but I'll be mixing things up today w. some GC P2 chili and the workouts and quest bar. Not sure what'll it'll do, but I also know a stall is inevitable-sometimes week2, sometimes week 3. I'll take it as it comes. 125iu dose is doing well. Content .
Julie!! glad you got back to the gym!! Of course you know I am a big believer in protein, and was told by my own doc who is familiar with HCG to always stay above 60 g of protein, even on the leanest days. He prefers me at 90 or above though.

You need protein when you work out, the last thing you want to do is waste your muscles. As much as HCG burns the fat, if you don't have enough protein for your basic needs, who knows what will happen with your muscles. Don't want you passing out either!!

Those calories are burned off anyway, no way it makes any difference. Those are MY THOUGHTS of course..
Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I too can load with the best of them!! It'll come back off and you're looking at at great motivational reward goal! That shake sounds like a good fit for P2!

Quote:
You earned that LOAD!! Girl you can get that off quickly and your mean green shakes sure do work for you! Just think of that cruise!!!..

Julie!! glad you got back to the gym!! Of course you know I am a big believer in protein, and was told by my own doc who is familiar with HCG to always stay above 60 g of protein, even on the leanest days. He prefers me at 90 or above though.

You need protein when you work out, the last thing you want to do is waste your muscles. As much as HCG burns the fat, if you don't have enough protein for your basic needs, who knows what will happen with your muscles. Don't want you passing out either!!

Those calories are burned off anyway, no way it makes any difference. Those are MY THOUGHTS of course..
Thanks! I appreciate it. I was a little surprised at the lower than 60g of protein when I plugged my meal in today. I thought it'd be higher? I'll see how I feel…I don't think I'm losing any muscle that I can tell. I sure hope not!! Thanks!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #352

From my journal.....

And YEP, TOM just showed up!!! I just took 2 Advil because my head is splitting in two. My eating has been pretty good though. Coffee for breaky and lunch was 5 ounce of canned chicken mixed with red onions and a teensy bit of mayo. Plus I had a serving of Ritz crackers I've been using these with no adverse problems in place of the melba. I only have one serving a day which is 80 calories and I figure that matches the 2 servings of melba.

Kind of glad to see that I was 200.0 this morning with TOM. I generally can gain anywhere from 3-6 lbs with TOM. Hoping for a nice whooshie maybe by the end of the week once the bloat is gone!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #353

Quote:
Good morning ladies!!

IMO, I would up the protein on workout days. I'm not experienced though at all with RX so this is just based on my experience with hhcg. I think your body needs the extra protein when you're exercising. Way to go on working out!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #354

Quote:

OMG 6 weeks until a CRUISE I would be ecstatic! I'm so jealous
Old 03-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #355

Quote:

Way to go on the zipper! All those NSV's are reminders of the progress our bodies are making. Good on you!!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #356

Good morning friends! I am at 188.2 so that is 2.6 from yesterday. This is fine because I am already in Ketosis and don't have much water to lose. Had around 800 cals and today about the same.

Very busy day today, hope everyone is doing great! Pati when do you get to start? Supplies ordered?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

hello all!

No change today in the scale- exactly like it was yesterday to the ounce. I don't mind though, TOM + not that much water or sleep. Today I'm around home all day so I'll drink more. My husband has really noticed a change. He actually said "looks like those old jeans are getting loose on you!" But the best part about that was, those weren't my "old jeans" he's used to seeing; those were "old jeans" from 5 years ago that I just started wearing like 2 days ago. I think we all have wardrobes in different sizes, yes?

Random question for all: Do people in your life know you're doing hcg? Has their opinion caused friction or awkwardness in the relationship? Personally, I have told no one I'm doing hcg- not even my husband/mom (who I normally tell everything to). I guess I feel ashamed of my past patterns of declaring a diet/woe, initially succeeding, then rebounding and gaining all that was lost. I didn't want to set myself up for a 'here we go again' in their minds.... although in my heart I know they're supportive! Why do I fear their reactions? I just think it's easier to do this on my own, without having to explain to people why 500 cals is OK and won't kill you. I don't know, am I crazy?

Deb- you're going to blow by the 80's. That first week is the best! I commend you for keeping such meticulous track of your macros. That's tough to do. And here I thought weighing meat was a pain

Julie- working out on P2? sometimes I just don't have the energy for anything! I have yet to try Zumba, it sounds fun. Maybe that'll be a new P3 venture. How are the quest bars? I'm always leery of bars. If they agree with you and don't cause a stall or cravings, go for it! The extra protein can't hurt

Shari- Don't feel guilty about loading although I know it's hard in the moment! You did a GOOD thing! You're going to be smokin by the time that cruise rolls around.

Gracie- TOM bloat sucks! I hear you. My scale hasn't moved in awhile either. Next week you'll be back cruisin through the 90's.

Shebasmudder- NSV's are truly the best, aren't they? Sometimes we get so scale focused, but it's those little things that really shine along the way. Congratulations!!

Last edited by Doglovingal; 03-25-2014 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #358
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
hello all!

No change today in the scale- exactly like it was yesterday to the ounce. I don't mind though, TOM + not that much water or sleep. Today I'm around home all day so I'll drink more. My husband has really noticed a change. He actually said "looks like those old jeans are getting loose on you!" But the best part about that was, those weren't my "old jeans" he's used to seeing; those were "old jeans" from 5 years ago that I just started wearing like 2 days ago. I think we all have wardrobes in different sizes, yes?

Random question for all: Do people in your life know you're doing hcg? Has their opinion caused friction or awkwardness in the relationship? Personally, I have told no one I'm doing hcg- not even my husband/mom (who I normally tell everything to). I guess I feel ashamed of my past patterns of declaring a diet/woe, initially succeeding, then rebounding and gaining all that was lost. I didn't want to set myself up for a 'here we go again' in their minds.... although in my heart I know they're supportive! Why do I fear their reactions? I just think it's easier to do this on my own, without having to explain to people why 500 cals is OK and won't kill you. I don't know, am I crazy?

Deb- you're going to blow by the 80's. That first week is the best! I commend you for keeping such meticulous track of your macros. That's tough to do. And here I thought weighing meat was a pain

Julie- working out on P2? sometimes I just don't have the energy for anything! I have yet to try Zumba, it sounds fun. Maybe that'll be a new P3 venture. How are the quest bars? I'm always leery of bars. If they agree with you and don't cause a stall or cravings, go for it! The extra protein can't hurt

Shari- Don't feel guilty about loading although I know it's hard in the moment! You did a GOOD thing! You're going to be smokin by the time that cruise rolls around.

Gracie- TOM bloat sucks! I hear you. My scale hasn't moved in awhile either. Next week you'll be back cruisin through the 90's.

Shebasmudder- NSV's are truly the best, aren't they? Sometimes we get so scale focused, but it's those little things that really shine along the way. Congratulations!!
So cool that dh is noticing you shrink!! I have told my family (dh and 2 dd's), as injecting and eating only 500 cals/day impacts them. I also told my workout buddy/friend. Others are told I'm on a cleanse or diet. It's tough to say nothing when I am not ordering in restaurants or eating like everyone around me is. It's only a few weeks and I try not to have any impact on those around me. I don't expect anyone else to accommodate me, but appreciate their understanding and support. The exercise is probably crazy, but I used to to do this before I was in a car accident in January, and have been waiting until my neck as healed enough to get back into it. I probably should wait until I'm through P2, but I don't want to keep putting it off. The quest bars are low sugar, high fiber and actually taste good! So far, so good, but I'm stalled too. Week 2 is a bugger.

Deb-you're off to a great start!! WTG!

Gracie-ah TOM. that'll give you some scale trouble for a bit, but you'll be all good in the end .

Shari-how's the VLCDs treating you?

I'm stuck. 166.8. -0.2 I'll admit some slight soreness in my arms, but I did well with my calories -560 yesterday. It's probably just the normal week 2 slow down. Ive been in this range for 3 days now. I'm fine. Ive never done an apple day and wont do one thisnround either. i understand it takes time and the Scale loss isnt a straight line.
I'm off to Zumba this morning . The fat will have to go eventually .
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #359

Quote:
hello all!

Congrats on the baggy jeans!!! that is always wonderful. I have a closet full of different sizes also.. I think we all do.

I have told my hubby and family, they don't say much. I think they just humor me thinking, yeah ok Mom, go for it..

Hubby does not really understand the plan, but he supports my efforts. He knows I lost quickly before, and knows it works, but I have also done this too many times, so I don't really talk about it much. It was a BIG thing here at work a few years ago, so everyone knows the details and how it works.

However, nobody is doing it anymore, it was like the latest fad around here in 2009 I think. WHEN I get to goal, I will let them know HOW..
Old 03-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #360

Quote:
So cool that dh is noticing you shrink!! I have told my family (dh and 2 dd's), as injecting and eating only 500 cals/day impacts them. I also told my workout buddy/friend. Others are told I'm on a cleanse or diet. It's tough to say nothing when I am not ordering in restaurants or eating like everyone around me is. It's only a few weeks and I try not to have any impact on those around me. I don't expect anyone else to accommodate me, but appreciate their understanding and support. The exercise is probably crazy, but I used to to do this before I was in a car accident in January, and have been waiting until my neck as healed enough to get back into it. I probably should wait until I'm through P2, but I don't want to keep putting it off. The quest bars are low sugar, high fiber and actually taste good! So far, so good, but I'm stalled too. Week 2 is a bugger.

Deb-you're off to a great start!! WTG!

Gracie-ah TOM. that'll give you some scale trouble for a bit, but you'll be all good in the end .

Shari-how's the VLCDs treating you?

I'm stuck. 166.8. -0.2 I'll admit some slight soreness in my arms, but I did well with my calories -560 yesterday. It's probably just the normal week 2 slow down. Ive been in this range for 3 days now. I'm fine. Ive never done an apple day and wont do one thisnround either. i understand it takes time and the Scale loss isnt a straight line.
I'm off to Zumba this morning . The fat will have to go eventually .
Yes Julie, you are doing fantastic! With the exercise, you are probably just holding some water and that is normal. Just keep it up and everything will eventually even out. YOU KNOW you are burning fat, it just takes some time for your body to catch up. WE should all be used to this by now..