Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
@Julie No, I am doing LCHF. I tried hhcg a few years ago with the girls but I couldn't hang. I find that my new plan works for me and my diabetes. Not fast results like hcg, but I definitely have improved health overall.

Congrats on your losses !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Good morning all! I just wanted to jump in for a quick check in. I have completely lost my cravings, and I am so happy. I am eating good foods, and have very little hunger, but the best part is that my hubby made pizza last night and I had NO DESIRE to even taste it. NONE.

This is so exciting to me, because it will help when I get going on my round again Monday. I will eat full fat everything this weekend, and be ready to go Monday!

Hope everyone is doing well, I have a full day so will check back later.
Morning, Deb ! I just love that feeling, too ! I have to get it back because this fat fast has messed me up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Welcome back Pati and Tommyswife! Good to see you both

Scale down today to 200.6, hoping to see onederland again by the weekend. I'm off today so I will try to check back later.
AG, you are heading towards onederland with a bullet ! great work !

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Sheryl!!! OMG, I'm so happy to see you again too! You know you're always welcome and I've missed you. Wow, so many folks joining our (h)hcg party, it feel like old times again and like before ladies, we will get back down again... with all this support I'm sooo excited to start another round again! When are you starting?

Deb~I'm with you on fat loading this weekend!

Pati~ Yes, I'm shocked like Deb...two days on row?! When are you expecting your order? Please keep us posted about yummy recipes...boredom can set in quick or really by the 2nd week for me.

Julie~ congrat on entering the 160's!! You're losing very nicely

Gracie~ you're just a good pee away from the 190's Enjoy your day off!

Shebasmudder and Doglovingal~ hope you're both still doing well.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #303

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Sheryl!!! OMG, I'm so happy to see you again too! You know you're always welcome and I've missed you. Wow, so many folks joining our (h)hcg party, it feel like old times again and like before ladies, we will get back down again... with all this support I'm sooo excited to start another round again! When are you starting?

Deb~I'm with you on fat loading this weekend!

Pati~ Yes, I'm shocked like Deb...two days on row?! When are you expecting your order? Please keep us posted about yummy recipes...boredom can set in quick or really by the 2nd week for me.

Julie~ congrat on entering the 160's!! You're losing very nicely

Gracie~ you're just a good pee away from the 190's Enjoy your day off!

Shebasmudder and Doglovingal~ hope you're both still doing well.
I know Shari! Isn't this fun having so many oldies and fun new folks back! Excited for the weekend and getting it done!

Shebasmudder.. ok what is your name?.. I need something shorter..

So you are done with your fat fast, and ready to go back to Low Carb? I need to go back and read journals, I have not been awhile.. Hope you are doing well!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #304

Deb I'm still looking/hearing Squeakerwood's vlogs, slowly as I'm only on #29, but wondering if she gives any recent updates? I see the vlogs now are a year old...
Old 03-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #305

Quote:
Deb I'm still looking/hearing Squeakerwood's vlogs, slowly as I'm only on #29, but wondering if she gives any recent updates? I see the vlogs now are a year old...
Yes, she is doing them about every 3rd day now. She just vlogged earlier this week. She is doing FANTASTIC!! she looks awesome and has a tummy tuck scheduled for Monday. I am so excited for her!

If you click on her name, it will bring up videos she has done recently.

here is a fairly recent one, she looks AWESOME!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRs...hdckY-KubB9zpQ

Last edited by Deb294evr; 03-20-2014 at 11:02 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #306

oh ok, great! I'll hold on using the link for now because I like seeing her transform gradually. She's so inspiring!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #307

Quote:
oh ok, great! I'll hold on using the link for now because I like seeing her transform gradually. She's so inspiring!!
Yes she is!!! I totally get it! .. watching her transform is just amazing.. I hope everyone on here gets the chance to watch her. She is not just talking HCG, she is talking about LIFE..
Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doglovingal
Hi everybody! And people who I haven't met yet too To anyone who is reading this, thread poster or not, thinking about doing hcg, DO IT! Easier then it sounds, more effective then you can believe. I had originally planned to do a 23 day round, but with today being day 20 I want to keep going so I stopped by my dr's office and got some more. I actually plan on doing a 38 day round vs 40... I need the hcg to be out of my system for a pre-op clearance. Can't have people thinking I'm preggers!

Lots of traveling doesn't leave much time for forums. P2 on the road = so far, so good. Definitely feel my jeans getting loser so yay! Where I find I have the most problems is in hotels without microwave/fridge and lots of conference food.. otherwise I can pretty much eat the same as I would at home. Today and yesterday for example, are pretty much identical style of meals as I'd normally have. So I'm not too worried about the scale, it'll take care of itself.

You girls got me ADDICTED to squeakerwood's videos! Every single one so far has been like I can't believe her story! And I'm not even on #20 yet! She is the PICTURE of courage! What an incredible woman. Wow.

Deb- you make me want to hop on the P3 wagon! Are you planning on adding in carbs at some point or just rollin with LCHF?

Pati- hi, nice to meet you and it's never too late for a do-over

Julie- congrats on the 160's!

Gracie- as I'm writing this you are probably in onderland, yay! You're doing so well.

Shebasmudder- hi to you as well, hope things are going well for you on LCHF

Thanks for the support everyone, you guys are a fun bunch
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 AM   #309

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! TGIF Well, Onederland is my new address AGAIN 199.6 lbs to be exact. Very happy to be back in the smaller century!!! I have 5 lbs. to hit my second goal of -20 for the year. I seriously hate the weekend while on P2 though. I struggle so much! Luckily DH is doing Atkins so he is dieting too. Hoping nobody invites us anywhere this weekend so we can stay away from party food and beverages!!! I would love to be at my second goal next weekend.

Doglovingal ~ Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

How is everybody else doing today?
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 03-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning! TGIF Well, Onederland is my new address AGAIN 199.6 lbs to be exact. Very happy to be back in the smaller century!!! I have 5 lbs. to hit my second goal of -20 for the year. I seriously hate the weekend while on P2 though. I struggle so much! Luckily DH is doing Atkins so he is dieting too. Hoping nobody invites us anywhere this weekend so we can stay away from party food and beverages!!! I would love to be at my second goal next weekend.

congratulations!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday, ladies !

Quote:
I know Shari! Isn't this fun having so many oldies and fun new folks back! Excited for the weekend and getting it done!

Shebasmudder.. ok what is your name?.. I need something shorter..

So you are done with your fat fast, and ready to go back to Low Carb? I need to go back and read journals, I have not been awhile.. Hope you are doing well!
My name is not that much shorter ! Christina - but you can call me Stina for typing's sake !

Quote:

Wowza, AG ! Congrats on onederland ! You really rock this program !
Old 03-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Dog-good for you! Travel is so hard! Looking forward to what the scale says when you get home!!

Gracie-yes! The weekend is tough! This one will be ok, but next weekend we're away...that'll be tough! Hopefully with hunger at bay I can just enjoy some iced tea while we dine out and have my chicken in the room?

Vlcd6-I'm not down today...-0.2, but it's ok! All part of the hcg experience I have no complaints! Lowered dose to 125iu yesterday and again today, and I feel great. No hunger, a tad of growling tummy at lunch, but not at dinner. If it stays this way I understand how people can go 40 days! With the hhcg I never could get past 23... Maybe there is an advantage to Rx? It's kind of like starting all over again for me. The morning injections are easier for me. I would always forget my mid day dose and being on the run too much was tricky. I hope this lasts .

Weekend ahead! Stay strong ladies!!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #313

WTG Gracie, congrats!! I feel ya, I have a baby shower tomorrow and am invited to a 'brunch' with some friends on Sunday. I'm considering just making this a real load weekend, but that number on the scale haunts me...I'm not back at LIW (close) and don't want to gain more to which could put me back into the 180's. It's definitely easier to eat P3-like so I'm going to do my best. Wishing the same for you!

Christina~that's right..we used to call you Stina for short, I couldn't remember your name to save my life..LOL. Although we're fb friends, I never remembered to look it up when I go there. You're doing well with your plan so why rock the boat. How's your son doing on LC?

Doglovingal~ Yes, Squeakerwood is very addicting, she's so honest and wow...a lot of us can identify with at least one part of her journey and to see her letting the emotional baggage go too is very encouraging. As she said and we know, sometime losing weight is more about letting this stuff go than the physical pounds. You're inspiring too... I keep thinking if she can do this while traveling and no scale to weigh, there's no excuse why I can't do it at home with all resources available as normal. Congrats!

Deb~how's it going? Tell your work that you have to check in on your other job...coming here! Hope you're having a wonderful Friday

Julie~any loss is good and even when it's a goose egg, fat is melting so the process never stops. Glad to hear you found your perfect spot to not have hunger.

I'm outside my window by .6, but not worried. I just don't want to gain anymore.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi everybody! And people who I haven't met yet too To anyone who is reading this, thread poster or not, thinking about doing hcg, DO IT! Easier then it sounds, more effective then you can believe. I had originally planned to do a 23 day round, but with today being day 20 I want to keep going so I stopped by my dr's office and got some more. I actually plan on doing a 38 day round vs 40... I need the hcg to be out of my system for a pre-op clearance. Can't have people thinking I'm preggers!

Lots of traveling doesn't leave much time for forums. P2 on the road = so far, so good. Definitely feel my jeans getting loser so yay! Where I find I have the most problems is in hotels without microwave/fridge and lots of conference food.. otherwise I can pretty much eat the same as I would at home. Today and yesterday for example, are pretty much identical style of meals as I'd normally have. So I'm not too worried about the scale, it'll take care of itself.

You girls got me ADDICTED to squeakerwood's videos! Every single one so far has been like I can't believe her story! And I'm not even on #20 yet! She is the PICTURE of courage! What an incredible woman. Wow.

Deb- you make me want to hop on the P3 wagon! Are you planning on adding in carbs at some point or just rollin with LCHF?

Pati- hi, nice to meet you and it's never too late for a do-over

Julie- congrats on the 160's!

Gracie- as I'm writing this you are probably in onderland, yay! You're doing so well.

Shebasmudder- hi to you as well, hope things are going well for you on LCHF

Thanks for the support everyone, you guys are a fun bunch
I am so glad you are enjoying Squeakerwood's videos!! She is TRUELY amazng.. just a pillar of strength and so humble.. O M G!!

Yes these foods are so wonderful, and I have no appetite and am in such a great mood. I am gearing up for Monday! So happy you are enjoying your round and doing so well!! Whoo hoooo, keep it up!

Happy you are posting with us, you have given me much to think about and are a great addition to our group!

Quote:

WOW you did it again!.. Congrats Gracie!! so happy you got right back on the wagon.. Keep it up!! I am doing great today, won't weigh until tomorrow but I am off work. I have been riding my little bike at work and am up to 2 hours of activity and 13,000 or more steps a day.. haha.. I wonder if I can keep it up with HCG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Happy Friday, ladies !

My name is not that much shorter ! Christina - but you can call me Stina for typing's sake !

Wowza, AG ! Congrats on onederland ! You really rock this program !
Ok STINA!! I love it!.. so happy you are with us here too! Happy Friday to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Dog-good for you! Travel is so hard! Looking forward to what the scale says when you get home!!

Gracie-yes! The weekend is tough! This one will be ok, but next weekend we're away...that'll be tough! Hopefully with hunger at bay I can just enjoy some iced tea while we dine out and have my chicken in the room?

Vlcd6-I'm not down today...-0.2, but it's ok! All part of the hcg experience I have no complaints! Lowered dose to 125iu yesterday and again today, and I feel great. No hunger, a tad of growling tummy at lunch, but not at dinner. If it stays this way I understand how people can go 40 days! With the hhcg I never could get past 23... Maybe there is an advantage to Rx? It's kind of like starting all over again for me. The morning injections are easier for me. I would always forget my mid day dose and being on the run too much was tricky. I hope this lasts .

Weekend ahead! Stay strong ladies!!
This is GREAT NEWS JULIE!!! I agree with you on the difference in the RX. When you find your sweet spot on dosing, it seems so easy.. boredom with the food is my only downfall. I am going to go for 40 days this time, and my dose will be 125. If I need to go lower, I can.

You are doing so well Julie, one day at time and you are right, the weight loss is not linear, up down, the same.. that is why daily weighing is frustrating sometimes, but I can't stay away from the scale on P2..

Home on a Friday and enjoying the weather! Hope you all are enjoying your day also!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #315

Quote:
WTG Gracie, congrats!! I feel ya, I have a baby shower tomorrow and am invited to a 'brunch' with some friends on Sunday. I'm considering just making this a real load weekend, but that number on the scale haunts me...I'm not back at LIW (close) and don't want to gain more to which could put me back into the 180's. It's definitely easier to eat P3-like so I'm going to do my best. Wishing the same for you!

Christina~that's right..we used to call you Stina for short, I couldn't remember your name to save my life..LOL. Although we're fb friends, I never remembered to look it up when I go there. You're doing well with your plan so why rock the boat. How's your son doing on LC?

Doglovingal~ Yes, Squeakerwood is very addicting, she's so honest and wow...a lot of us can identify with at least one part of her journey and to see her letting the emotional baggage go too is very encouraging. As she said and we know, sometime losing weight is more about letting this stuff go than the physical pounds. You're inspiring too... I keep thinking if she can do this while traveling and no scale to weigh, there's no excuse why I can't do it at home with all resources available as normal. Congrats!

Deb~how's it going? Tell your work that you have to check in on your other job...coming here! Hope you're having a wonderful Friday

Julie~any loss is good and even when it's a goose egg, fat is melting so the process never stops. Glad to hear you found your perfect spot to not have hunger.

I'm outside my window by .6, but not worried. I just don't want to gain anymore.
Hi Shari!! you are only .6 out of your window and that is fine.. I am loading totally low carb full fat this weekend, no way am I getting out of Ketosis before my round on Monday.. I am in a very sweet spot!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Peggy ( squeakerwood ) she inspires me beyond anything I have watched before. Of course ALL OF YOU also inspire me.. Look how none of us have given up.. and will never give up.. We got this!!.. Shari you have a wonderful weekend, and you do NOT have to gain anymore, but even if you do, it will be gone before you know it!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #316

Thanks Deb I was just thinking and going to ask you all if we can go longer than 21 days after doing a PI, you answered that question because you said you're going to go for 40 days. Wow, you're going to be a totally different (looking) person after this and probably end at goal!! Good for you on exercising too!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #317

Quote:
Thanks Deb I was just thinking and going to ask you all if we can go longer than 21 days after doing a PI, you answered that question because you said you're going to go for 40 days. Wow, you're going to be a totally different (looking) person after this and probably end at goal!! Good for you on exercising too!
Thanks Shari! Hawaii is calling my name!!!..
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #318

Yes, it is!!

Good news ladies, my job is offering exercise classes for $10/mth if you join with a buddy. I just spoke with a co-worker who is trying to lose weight too and we're joining together! It starts 4/1, first on the list are Zumba classes offered 3 times/week They offer other classes that I'd love to try too, like boot camp, yoga and pilates. I so need to tone, the cellulite is not a pretty site even with weight loss it's still there...

Last edited by shari; 03-21-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #319

Quote:
Yes, it is!!

Good news ladies, my job is offering exercise classes for $10/mth if you join with a buddy. I just spoke with a co-worker who is trying to lose weight too and we're joining together! It starts 4/1, first on the list are Zumba classes offered 3 times/week They offer other classes that I'd love to try too, like boot camp, yoga and pilates. I so need to tone, the cellulite is not a pretty site even with weight loss it's still there...
OMG Shari!! you are so lucky!.. That sounds wonderful and joining with a buddy will keep you motivated and committed! So happy for you! If my work offered something like that I would jump on it to!

Just think about your next cruise and how HOT you are gonna be
Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Just a quickie pop in before bed, have a 3am wake up for an early flight tomorrow. But that's ok, because I am finally going HOME! Where I will promptly go grocery shopping and get things organized! I won't weigh until the following morning though. Today was another day of limited control of my food...

Them: "What kind of dressing would you like on your salad?"
Me: "Do you have plain lemon juice?"
Them: "Yep!".... reaches for a bottle of ...didn't look like lemon juice?
tasted like it, hopefully no oil was in there (lemon 'dressing'). It was on the salad before I could say what the heck is that?

Glad to see everyone's doing so well, keep it up!!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #321

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! Posting from my phone. Scale down to 199.0 this morning! New low for the year putting me at 15.6 lbs so far. We went out to dinner last night and I had salad with onions and mushrooms and baked cod. Today I am taking the kids to a pancake breakfast with the high school Wizard of Oz characters. I'm hoping they will let me in without eating! Definitely can't do pancakes even though it sounds really yummy!!!

Everyone have a fantastic Saturday 😘
Old 03-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #322
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!! I'm on my phone too. At an early volleyball tournament with dd... I'm down to 167.8 this morning, which made me happy!! Almost -10 from the load weight. I'll take it!! I'd love to lose another 8, but we'll see. A bit hungry this morning, so I has my strawberries a bit early. I did get going much earlie than usual.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #323

Great job ladies!!!! New lows and good losses!!!

My weight was up to 188.8 this morning, but that is ok, I am FAT LOADING.. so I have gained .8 since my LIW. Not too shabby! I am still in Ketosis and that is going to help me on day 1 when I lower my cals. Right now I am eating more than 2000 a day and have been since I started HIGH fat and LCarb.

I hope I don't get hungry when I drop it down below 800 again next week. I am going to do my own experiment again, as usual and not completely cut out the fat. I don't mind experimenting, and have no fear of fat on HCG. I have proven to myself over and over again, that it does not affect me like I was told. PLUS I have kept off over 70 HCG pounds since 2009. For ME on HCG, it is all about the calories being low not the amount of fat I have. Even with RX, a bit of fat does not make me gain or stall.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon, skinny ladies !

Congrats on everyone's losses !

Lucky you, Shari ! I hear zumba is a lot of fun !

KUTGW !
Old 03-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-thanks! That's pretty amazing stabilization!! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!! You'll do great I'm sure!!

Sheba-thanks! How's it going with you?

Gracie- congratulations on your new low!! Woohoo!! WTG!

Dog-you've done really well while away! Hope it'll be nice and easy when you're home

Shari-nice deal!! I love Zumba!!

Home from the tournament for a few minutes. Dd(13) and I are going to the movies shortly. Rare time alone with her . Having a good, POP weekend so far! Dh wants to eat out, but I think I'll eat at home and just get some iced tea at dinner .trying to minimize any outside influences...next weekend will be challenging being away for 4 days.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Deb-thanks! That's pretty amazing stabilization!! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!! You'll do great I'm sure!!

Sheba-thanks! How's it going with you?

Gracie- congratulations on your new low!! Woohoo!! WTG!

Dog-you've done really well while away! Hope it'll be nice and easy when you're home

Shari-nice deal!! I love Zumba!!

Home from the tournament for a few minutes. Dd(13) and I are going to the movies shortly. Rare time alone with her . Having a good, POP weekend so far! Dh wants to eat out, but I think I'll eat at home and just get some iced tea at dinner .trying to minimize any outside influences...next weekend will be challenging being away for 4 days.
Oh Julie! Have a great time with your daughter!! I like your idea of eating before you go and having iced tea. I have done that many times, and did ok. Happy you are enjoying this round so far! Keep it up!! By next weekend you will be in a zone and nothing can side track you..
Old 03-23-2014, 06:27 AM   #327

Just figured out which plan I am following. Dr. Emma!!! She put out a free ebook which explains her plan, and WHY.. I thought I would add a few lines from her ebook. Makes so much sense to me here in 2014. I will volunteer to be the experiment on this one..

Some of Dr. Emma's thoughts:

Mixing of Vegetables: My explanation:
There is absolutely no scientific reason why vegetable mixing
cannot occur. Vegetables of similar components (fiber, carbohydates,
nutrients) should look chemically similar to the body
upon digestion. Additionally, mixing of vegetables is important
because vegetables of different colors contain different vitamins
and make for a more complete nutritional option than a single
vegetable.

Food oil: Oils are an extremely calorie dense food component. Just
two teaspoons of oil can add 100 calories to a meal, so when oil is drizzled over food in preparation, this adds several hundred calories
per meal. Thus in initiating weight loss, it makes sense to eliminate
oil. It is a prevalent component in most American foods.

However,a simple drop of oil is not going to cause a stall of weight loss. In
fact, I have had patients that insisted on having a spoon of olive oil
per day and they still lost weight at a considerable rate. However,
I usually do not recommend it during an active phase of weight loss
purely due to the fact that oil is so high in calories and fat, even if
itís the good fat, too much will just be stored on the body.

(here is where I am keeping the cream in my coffee without a fear of fat, as long as it stays within my calorie count)

Body oil/lotion/personal care products: The body lotions and
make-up theory is completely false to date as I have found no
evidence in the literature, or by experience, that body lotion or
make-up can be absorbed and digested by the body. None of my
patients cease to use any of their makeups, lotions, or personal
products like deodorants and shampoos, and they all lose weight
at a fantastic rate. There is thus no feasible reason nor evidence
for those products interfering with weight loss.

Dr. Emmaís
Protocol does not require the use of 500 calories.
In fact, my method incorporates guidelines for diets ranging from
500 calories to 1000 calories, and in some cases higher. The
calories that are used with a diet should be a clinical judgement by
a medical provider or nutritionist that allows for lifestyle, age,
medical conditions, height, weight, gender, activity, and tolerance
or willingness of the patient.

( I will be doing more than 500 and less than 1000)

How Many Calories Do I Use for My Patients?
Thatís a question with a different answer for different people. Herein
lies the principle difference of our protocol. Our protocol is variable.
Just as people are all unique, with different age, weight, hunger,
stress, medical conditions, etc, there is a clinical decision making
process that leads us to decide if 500 calories is appropriate for
someone. If it isnít, we may give them a 600, a 700, an 800, a 1000
calorie diet, or even a 1200 or 1400 calorie diet.

This is the most important part for ME. Plenty of protein!!

Adequate protein. This has been determined by making sure a
person receives the minimum protein normally required to prevent
muscle breakdown. Additionally, with the protection of HCG, this is
less of a concern, however I always make sure my patients receive
at least one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #328

Congrats ladies, everyone is doing so well!! Quick post as I'm up and gotta get running soon...the shower was nice and we're all so happy for her. It was a difficult pregnancy and now she's made it to the home stretch..she was very emotional (and she's a person that doesn't like to cry/show emotions easily) so it was very moving. I did indulge a bit more than I'd intended but I am planning on keeping it more strict today for a brunch get together with another set of friends. I'm not going to weigh until tomorrow so I'll know my starting weight then. Hope you all are having wonderful weekend!

Doglovingal~hope you made it home safe and have a nice surprise when you finally do weigh.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #329

Quote:
Just figured out which plan I am following. Dr. Emma!!! She put out a free ebook which explains her plan, and WHY.. I thought I would add a few lines from her ebook. Makes so much sense to me here in 2014. I will volunteer to be the experiment on this one..

Some of Dr. Emma's thoughts:

Mixing of Vegetables: My explanation:
There is absolutely no scientific reason why vegetable mixing
cannot occur. Vegetables of similar components (fiber, carbohydates,
nutrients) should look chemically similar to the body
upon digestion. Additionally, mixing of vegetables is important
because vegetables of different colors contain different vitamins
and make for a more complete nutritional option than a single
vegetable.

Food oil: Oils are an extremely calorie dense food component. Just
two teaspoons of oil can add 100 calories to a meal, so when oil is drizzled over food in preparation, this adds several hundred calories
per meal. Thus in initiating weight loss, it makes sense to eliminate
oil. It is a prevalent component in most American foods.

However,a simple drop of oil is not going to cause a stall of weight loss. In
fact, I have had patients that insisted on having a spoon of olive oil
per day and they still lost weight at a considerable rate. However,
I usually do not recommend it during an active phase of weight loss
purely due to the fact that oil is so high in calories and fat, even if
itís the good fat, too much will just be stored on the body.

(here is where I am keeping the cream in my coffee without a fear of fat, as long as it stays within my calorie count)

Body oil/lotion/personal care products: The body lotions and
make-up theory is completely false to date as I have found no
evidence in the literature, or by experience, that body lotion or
make-up can be absorbed and digested by the body. None of my
patients cease to use any of their makeups, lotions, or personal
products like deodorants and shampoos, and they all lose weight
at a fantastic rate. There is thus no feasible reason nor evidence
for those products interfering with weight loss.

Dr. Emmaís
Protocol does not require the use of 500 calories.
In fact, my method incorporates guidelines for diets ranging from
500 calories to 1000 calories, and in some cases higher. The
calories that are used with a diet should be a clinical judgement by
a medical provider or nutritionist that allows for lifestyle, age,
medical conditions, height, weight, gender, activity, and tolerance
or willingness of the patient.

( I will be doing more than 500 and less than 1000)

How Many Calories Do I Use for My Patients?
Thatís a question with a different answer for different people. Herein
lies the principle difference of our protocol. Our protocol is variable.
Just as people are all unique, with different age, weight, hunger,
stress, medical conditions, etc, there is a clinical decision making
process that leads us to decide if 500 calories is appropriate for
someone. If it isnít, we may give them a 600, a 700, an 800, a 1000
calorie diet, or even a 1200 or 1400 calorie diet.

This is the most important part for ME. Plenty of protein!!

Adequate protein. This has been determined by making sure a
person receives the minimum protein normally required to prevent
muscle breakdown. Additionally, with the protection of HCG, this is
less of a concern, however I always make sure my patients receive
at least one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight.
thanks for the info! is this primarily a higher fat/higher protein/lower carb hcg plan? I wonder if adding more protein, should we lower fruit and carb intake so have maybe one fruit/day, no bread? What's your take or what worked for you in the past? I've always continued to use heavy cream in coffee and last round added regular dressing with much higher protein (around 8 oz) and still lost weight.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #330

Quote:
thanks for the info! is this primarily a higher fat/higher protein/lower carb hcg plan? I wonder if adding more protein, should we lower fruit and carb intake so have maybe one fruit/day, no bread? What's your take or what worked for you in the past? I've always continued to use heavy cream in coffee and last round added regular dressing with much higher protein (around 8 oz) and still lost weight.
She says that the fruit and the bread can stay in, just adjust your calories to what works for you.. Most of her clients don't bother with the bread, but if they want it, they can reduce other things to fit into the calorie range.

For ME, when I eat around 700 cals, most is protein, then 2 fruits, no bread most of the time, and plenty of veges. The creamer I use is 50 cals, so I use protein/ fruit/veges to fill in the other 650. I always use more cals, and have always lost well. I will post more of her thoughts in another post.
Closed Thread