Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
VLCD 17 for me. Another full day of being in a conference all day and eating their food. Today I had really limited protein options so I kind of had to eat a teensy piece of salmon, although I know it's not technically P2. It was either that or breaded & fried stuff. So I went with the lesser of 2 not so great choices although it was tasty and I didn't eat much, and accompanied it with a huge pile of salad greens and a couple asparagus. I hate not being in control, one more day here then I'm on to the next city where I know I will have more P2 friendly food choices. Phew!

I wanted to share something I learned. The conference I am attending has a lot of people who I perceive as being "higher up the food chain" then myself. A lot are MDs, attorneys, or other high-level admin ceo types. I am here because I want to start a business in the same market, although I haven't completed my doctorate yet (working on it). So yesterday, I felt like a very small fish in a room full of sharks. Add on anxieties surrounding food I can't eat, being uncomfortable in new social situations (I am not a social butterfly at all)... well I felt like I wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. Today I took on a new approach. I thought screw it, I'm never going to see these people again (likely) and thought of myself as a lioness. Instead of thinking of myself as a small fish, I thought of myself as possibly the most valuable asset any of the people in that room could link up with. I'm younger, innovative and doing things that other people haven't seen in this field. I could do this on my own, or with them. So what happens when I essentially "faked it" and walked right up to a table of strangers, sat down, and engaged everyone in conversation? Multiple offers flowing in for partnerships and people giving me their contact info. Lesson I learned: Its all in my mind. It's how I perceive myself that creates my reality. This can apply to weight loss also. I can either choose to see myself as not good enough physically and be on the perpetual treadmill to an illusive number, or I can see myself as fantastic and only getting better by celebrating the journey along the way. How we perceive ourselves is what is going to hold the maintenance over time, at least for me. Can anyone else relate to this?
WOW!! this is fantastic!! So happy for you in making that change. It really is all in our minds, and how we choose to use it. Proud of you!!

I think your choice of protein was the best of the options, and you did great with that!!

I agree that I am in a zone right now, and don't want to rock the boat at this stage. I will ride it for awhile, and see if I continue to lose pounds or inches. I am adjusting my calories down, since you can really put away alot of cals on High Fat, low Carb.

Have a wonderful day all, I am also in meetings today.. so I will check in when I can.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #272
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Just a real quick hop in, I decided to put off VLCD1 for a few days, as I am loving the fat, and losing ..

I will jump in to finish up my round soon though! So glad to see you all here!!
Go for it!! Enjoy some food!

Quote:
VLCD 17 for me. Another full day of being in a conference all day and eating their food. Today I had really limited protein options so I kind of had to eat a teensy piece of salmon, although I know it's not technically P2. It was either that or breaded & fried stuff. So I went with the lesser of 2 not so great choices although it was tasty and I didn't eat much, and accompanied it with a huge pile of salad greens and a couple asparagus. I hate not being in control, one more day here then I'm on to the next city where I know I will have more P2 friendly food choices. Phew!

I wanted to share something I learned. The conference I am attending has a lot of people who I perceive as being "higher up the food chain" then myself. A lot are MDs, attorneys, or other high-level admin ceo types. I am here because I want to start a business in the same market, although I haven't completed my doctorate yet (working on it). So yesterday, I felt like a very small fish in a room full of sharks. Add on anxieties surrounding food I can't eat, being uncomfortable in new social situations (I am not a social butterfly at all)... well I felt like I wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. Today I took on a new approach. I thought screw it, I'm never going to see these people again (likely) and thought of myself as a lioness. Instead of thinking of myself as a small fish, I thought of myself as possibly the most valuable asset any of the people in that room could link up with. I'm younger, innovative and doing things that other people haven't seen in this field. I could do this on my own, or with them. So what happens when I essentially "faked it" and walked right up to a table of strangers, sat down, and engaged everyone in conversation? Multiple offers flowing in for partnerships and people giving me their contact info. Lesson I learned: Its all in my mind. It's how I perceive myself that creates my reality. This can apply to weight loss also. I can either choose to see myself as not good enough physically and be on the perpetual treadmill to an illusive number, or I can see myself as fantastic and only getting better by celebrating the journey along the way. How we perceive ourselves is what is going to hold the maintenance over time, at least for me. Can anyone else relate to this?
it's so much our own perceptions that shape our reality! So happy for you not only recognizing this, but actually practicing it and seeing such wonderful immediate feedback! enjoying the journey along the way is a great way to approach life-I have a shirt that says "the journey is the destination".

Quote:
WOW!! this is fantastic!! So happy for you in making that change. It really is all in our minds, and how we choose to use it. Proud of you!!

I think your choice of protein was the best of the options, and you did great with that!!

I agree that I am in a zone right now, and don't want to rock the boat at this stage. I will ride it for awhile, and see if I continue to lose pounds or inches. I am adjusting my calories down, since you can really put away alot of cals on High Fat, low Carb.

Have a wonderful day all, I am also in meetings today.. so I will check in when I can.
Keep going! Even if you aren't losing a lot (which isn't the case, you are losing
,) the time to adjust to the new weight, while refueling is so valuable!

Vlcd3 underway. Added black (slightly watered down) coffee this morning which was good. I am a bit hungry first thing in the morning. Had my detox tea after that, and now some water. I did have massage yesterday, and I know that's a no-no, but with my neck I get them twice a week. I showered the lotion off afterwards, but truthfully I'm not a huge believer of the oils being absorbed through the skin. I'll try not to push it, but it's not super logical either.

Down to 171.8 today, so -2.2 last night. I'll take it . I know the first week is where I lose most of the weight so I'm hoping to be in the mid 160's by Monday...then I'll painfully and slowly try to lose 5-6 lbs over the last 2 weeks I'll be dosing. I know the drill . Hopefully I'll still lose the same 15-17 I usually do. That would be great!

Dropped my car off to the repair shop again yesterday, the last repair needed some more work and the new accident is now being fixed too. Driving a minivan for a while, with awful blind spots! There's a backup camera b/c of it, which is really weird for me!

Anyway, that's my update. I post more when I'm on a round, so forgive my chattiness. Accountability is my friend
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

it's so much our own perceptions that shape our reality! So happy for you not only recognizing this, but actually practicing it and seeing such wonderful immediate feedback! enjoying the journey along the way is a great way to approach life-I have a shirt that says "the journey is the destination".

Keep going! Even if you aren't losing a lot (which isn't the case, you are losing

Vlcd3 underway. Added black (slightly watered down) coffee this morning which was good. I am a bit hungry first thing in the morning. Had my detox tea after that, and now some water. I did have massage yesterday, and I know that's a no-no, but with my neck I get them twice a week. I showered the lotion off afterwards, but truthfully I'm not a huge believer of the oils being absorbed through the skin. I'll try not to push it, but it's not super logical either.

Down to 171.8 today, so -2.2 last night. I'll take it . I know the first week is where I lose most of the weight so I'm hoping to be in the mid 160's by Monday...then I'll painfully and slowly try to lose 5-6 lbs over the last 2 weeks I'll be dosing. I know the drill . Hopefully I'll still lose the same 15-17 I usually do. That would be great!

Dropped my car off to the repair shop again yesterday, the last repair needed some more work and the new accident is now being fixed too. Driving a minivan for a while, with awful blind spots! There's a backup camera b/c of it, which is really weird for me!

Anyway, that's my update. I post more when I'm on a round, so forgive my chattiness. Accountability is my friend
Great losses Julie!!! Wow, that is awesome. I also don't think it is logical to avoid a massage because you may gain weight.. haha. .sorry, I think that is bunk. ANYWAY! I hope it is helping you with your neck!

Just keep on doing what you are doing, and enjoy the heck out of these first week losses, always fun!!..

I have not lost a bunch, but I am losing and my pants are really loose this week! I know I am losing inches although I did not measure.. oopps...

I will continue as long as I feel good, and I am losing. If I hit a stall or gain, I am finishing my round. I love hearing how all of you are doing!

Shari, Loretta, Gracie!! Where are ya!..

Oh HI PATI!! I know you are lurking...
Old 03-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #274

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:

Wow! Great post!!! And I totally agree 100% with you. When I'm at work meetings it is always me and about a 10 men. I always just remind myself that I'm the smartest one in the room and then they treat me just that way! Our minds can be either our biggest asset or our worst enemy

Quote:

Great job Julie! I'm obsessed with food in P2 I cook all kinds of good things for the family while I eat P2 foods. It's really weird! Then when I'm in P3 I don't feel like cooking and nothing sounds good. I always want to eat out in P3

Quote:
Great losses Julie!!! Wow, that is awesome. I also don't think it is logical to avoid a massage because you may gain weight.. haha. .sorry, I think that is bunk. ANYWAY! I hope it is helping you with your neck!

Just keep on doing what you are doing, and enjoy the heck out of these first week losses, always fun!!..

I have not lost a bunch, but I am losing and my pants are really loose this week! I know I am losing inches although I did not measure.. oopps...

I will continue as long as I feel good, and I am losing. If I hit a stall or gain, I am finishing my round. I love hearing how all of you are doing!

Shari, Loretta, Gracie!! Where are ya!..

Oh HI PATI!! I know you are lurking...
Congrats on the saggy pants!!! INCHES are the best!!!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #275

Hi Lovely Ladies!

Scale was at 203.6 this morning so it's coming back down. And, I was a bit rogue yesterday. I had an apple for lunch and then for dinner I had cabbage and corned beef. It was our St. Patty's Day meal for the family and I wanted to partake. Thankfully it didn't cause me any damage on the scale.

And someone asked me how long of a round I was doing - this is just a continuation of my round because I did a Planned Interruption. I'm not sure how long I will go - I guess until I can't take it anymore I would like to hit that 194.6 and go from there. So far I'm doing good though and not hungry.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Lovely Ladies!

Scale was at 203.6 this morning so it's coming back down. And, I was a bit rogue yesterday. I had an apple for lunch and then for dinner I had cabbage and corned beef. It was our St. Patty's Day meal for the family and I wanted to partake. Thankfully it didn't cause me any damage on the scale.

And someone asked me how long of a round I was doing - this is just a continuation of my round because I did a Planned Interruption. I'm not sure how long I will go - I guess until I can't take it anymore I would like to hit that 194.6 and go from there. So far I'm doing good though and not hungry.
Congrats Gracie!! I had corned beef also, and it was yummy!!! Glad it didn't affect your losses.. Just keep doing what you are doing, I am sure you will hit your goal, it is not far away!!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #277

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Quote:

So true, and sometimes things happen in life to remind us of this. I just reordered a book called Infinite Possibilities (gave my book to my mom--it's that good and worth keeping) that describes what you just went through...a lot of our 'realities' are what we create in our mind that persuades our thoughts/decisions...what happens when we persuade our realities to be something else? Usually, it comes true in some way/shape/fashion at some time...so why not create and put positive thoughts out there? It worked for you and congrats for doing this! My hat is definitely off to you, you're making the best choices in situations that you don't have control of which can be tricky in P2...but you're making it work!!

Quote:
Wow! Great post!!! And I totally agree 100% with you. When I'm at work meetings it is always me and about a 10 men. I always just remind myself that I'm the smartest one in the room and then they treat me just that way! Our minds can be either our biggest asset or our worst enemy

So true! WTG Gracie with losing again!! I'll be joining you soon...

Deb~I'm with you, taking an extended break for now but will definitely jump back into P2 by Sunday I'm thinking. I have a function to go to this weekend, then after that's over I should be okay. The only glitch is that track starts next Saturday, but I'm bringing veggies and fruit trays to the first meeting so that'll help. I'm thinking of adding chicken breast and turkey sausages for grilling so that I feel like I'm eating well too with the other families!

Julie~same to you, congrats on losing again!! Yup, you know the drill...it's best to take advantage of the first week's losses as they're usually the best.

Shebasmudder~ how'd the fat fast go? Extra protein always help when I'm feeling more hunger, especially in P2...but usually it's more head hunger than actual hunger when I really think about it. It still helps 'cure' that though so I still do it

I'm up a bit on the scale today ...so need to do a CD. It's a long story, and not worth typing as there's really no legitimate excuse, to be totally frank with myself. Doing a CD or 2, and eating continued P3 will bring the scale down so my starting weight will be much closer to what I've created to be 'the elusive 160's' again But, but...after reading the above positive posts...I'm confident I will get there when I do P2 again! It's really something I can control...so no more excuses!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doglovingal
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Although I learned a lot these past couple days about field-related things, I learned even more about myself. Love unexpected stuff like that.

FYI, if you ever are traveling while doing P2, Whole Foods is your best friend. I decided to forgo the conference am talk to play hooky and go get me some healthy stuff! Enjoyed tasty shrimp ceviche (all ingredients P2 friendly) and bought some lean (cooked) beef for tonight from the deli that looked fairly pain/non-sauce and sugar laden. Plan: chug water all day today and tomorrow and hope my somewhat off plan eating isn't harmful. At least I try to keep my cals low.

Gracie: I completely understand what you mean. I often had to give presentations in front of ALL men, all in positions "higher up the food chain." However, none of them treated me any "less then" and actually treated me like an equal once they figured out I knew what I was talking about. I think my mind has been on automatic put me down mode!

When did your round start/how long have you been on a PI?

Deb: That's so true about cals and high fat. That WOE can be T-A-S-T-Y! And I know I'm prone to overindulge on it. Congrats on being aware of the things that can trip you up! You said you're doing a round now? Are you injecting/drops/etc on LCHF? Curious

Julie: Congrats on your loss! 2.2 is huge! You mentioned "over the days you'll be dosing"- do you (inject/drops/etc) daily or are you on a different plan?

Shari: Being up a bit is OK too! Whatever it is that caused the scale to reflect a higher number, just remember it isn't fat. It can't be, our bodies can't physiologically store it that quickly. However, "less-healthy" foods contain more sodium, additives, etc- might just be a lot of water? Don't be too harsh with yourself. Sometimes our body perceives reasons as valid reasons to eat. We're all learning new ways
Old 03-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #279

thanks Doglovingal. You're certainly a great addition to our group! Thanks for the info regarding P2-friendly food at Whole Foods. I have one not too far from my job, I don't go often but I always find little treasures when I go and kick myself for not going more. Now you're reminding me again why I should LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hey, ladies !

I'm just popping in for a sec before dashing off to pick up DS. I saw my doc today and he said, out of all his patients, I have lost the most weight ! He told me I looked good and the weight loss was noticeable !

Hey, Shari - hang in there, lady ! You got this ! I've lost 4 pounds so far on my fat fast with one more day left ! I'll have to change my stats later !
Old 03-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #281

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Although I learned a lot these past couple days about field-related things, I learned even more about myself. Love unexpected stuff like that.

FYI, if you ever are traveling while doing P2, Whole Foods is your best friend. I decided to forgo the conference am talk to play hooky and go get me some healthy stuff! Enjoyed tasty shrimp ceviche (all ingredients P2 friendly) and bought some lean (cooked) beef for tonight from the deli that looked fairly pain/non-sauce and sugar laden. Plan: chug water all day today and tomorrow and hope my somewhat off plan eating isn't harmful. At least I try to keep my cals low.

Gracie: I completely understand what you mean. I often had to give presentations in front of ALL men, all in positions "higher up the food chain." However, none of them treated me any "less then" and actually treated me like an equal once they figured out I knew what I was talking about. I think my mind has been on automatic put me down mode!

Deb: That's so true about cals and high fat. That WOE can be T-A-S-T-Y! And I know I'm prone to overindulge on it. Congrats on being aware of the things that can trip you up! You said you're doing a round now? Are you injecting/drops/etc on LCHF? Curious

Julie: Congrats on your loss! 2.2 is huge! You mentioned "over the days you'll be dosing"- do you (inject/drops/etc) daily or are you on a different plan?

Shari: Being up a bit is OK too! Whatever it is that caused the scale to reflect a higher number, just remember it isn't fat. It can't be, our bodies can't physiologically store it that quickly. However, "less-healthy" foods contain more sodium, additives, etc- might just be a lot of water? Don't be too harsh with yourself. Sometimes our body perceives reasons as valid reasons to eat. We're all learning new ways
You are doing so well, I am happy for you!!! I am doing injections 150 IU and am probably going to restart my round next week. I did 23 VLCD before my Planned Interruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
thanks Doglovingal. You're certainly a great addition to our group! Thanks for the info regarding P2-friendly food at Whole Foods. I have one not too far from my job, I don't go often but I always find little treasures when I go and kick myself for not going more. Now you're reminding me again why I should LOL
Quote:
So true, and sometimes things happen in life to remind us of this. I just reordered a book called Infinite Possibilities (gave my book to my mom--it's that good and worth keeping) that describes what you just went through...a lot of our 'realities' are what we create in our mind that persuades our thoughts/decisions...what happens when we persuade our realities to be something else? Usually, it comes true in some way/shape/fashion at some time...so why not create and put positive thoughts out there? It worked for you and congrats for doing this! My hat is definitely off to you, you're making the best choices in situations that you don't have control of which can be tricky in P2...but you're making it work!!

So true! WTG Gracie with losing again!! I'll be joining you soon...

Deb~I'm with you, taking an extended break for now but will definitely jump back into P2 by Sunday I'm thinking. I have a function to go to this weekend, then after that's over I should be okay. The only glitch is that track starts next Saturday, but I'm bringing veggies and fruit trays to the first meeting so that'll help. I'm thinking of adding chicken breast and turkey sausages for grilling so that I feel like I'm eating well too with the other families!

Julie~same to you, congrats on losing again!! Yup, you know the drill...it's best to take advantage of the first week's losses as they're usually the best.

Shebasmudder~ how'd the fat fast go? Extra protein always help when I'm feeling more hunger, especially in P2...but usually it's more head hunger than actual hunger when I really think about it. It still helps 'cure' that though so I still do it

I'm up a bit on the scale today ...so need to do a CD. It's a long story, and not worth typing as there's really no legitimate excuse, to be totally frank with myself. Doing a CD or 2, and eating continued P3 will bring the scale down so my starting weight will be much closer to what I've created to be 'the elusive 160's' again But, but...after reading the above positive posts...I'm confident I will get there when I do P2 again! It's really something I can control...so no more excuses!
Great plan Shari!!!! Just keep on looking at the prize!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hey, ladies !

I'm just popping in for a sec before dashing off to pick up DS. I saw my doc today and he said, out of all his patients, I have lost the most weight ! He told me I looked good and the weight loss was noticeable !

Hey, Shari - hang in there, lady ! You got this ! I've lost 4 pounds so far on my fat fast with one more day left ! I'll have to change my stats later !
You have done so well with your FAT FAST!! that is awesome! I am losing but not much because I am not really watching my calories.. Maybe If I did, I would do better...

I am just THRILLED to not be hungry, and that is so important for me to keep on the straight path... I do miss losing daily, so that is why I will most likely return to my injections next week. If I am already deep in ketosis, then P2 should be much easier!!!

Back later, have a great day all!!

Julie, I hope you had a wonderful day 3!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:07 AM   #282

Good morning! Scale read 201.2 this morning so I'm getting closer to my LDW. I'm trying to keep my menu as clean as possible without going crazy. Yesterday I had coffee/cream/sweetener for breaky, ground chicken, cucumbers, apple for lunch, 5 Ritz crackers as a snack, and dinner was steak with sauteed mushrooms and broccolli. I drank about 5 bottles of water and one glass of diet pepsi. So, not too bad. I still haven't persuaded myself to exercise I wake up everyday with the intention to and then somehow I lose my gusto

I have a sinus headache/cold thing going on today
Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #283

Quote:
Good morning! Scale read 201.2 this morning so I'm getting closer to my LDW. I'm trying to keep my menu as clean as possible without going crazy. Yesterday I had coffee/cream/sweetener for breaky, ground chicken, cucumbers, apple for lunch, 5 Ritz crackers as a snack, and dinner was steak with sauteed mushrooms and broccolli. I drank about 5 bottles of water and one glass of diet pepsi. So, not too bad. I still haven't persuaded myself to exercise I wake up everyday with the intention to and then somehow I lose my gusto

I have a sinus headache/cold thing going on today
Well you are doing fine! Just hope that cold/ headache does not turn into more for you.. ugh.. you will be back in Onederland very soon.

I finally have started exercising again, being in Ketosis is giving me so much energy!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #284

Shebasmudder~ girl, you're rocking it!!! Congrats on losing and doctor saying you're losing the most..it's always nice to hear this kind of remarks from docs vs. you need to lose weight speech

Deb~WTG on exercising and doing well in P3! Yup, P2 is easier when in ketosis.

Gracie~congrats on your loss too! You'll be hitting your LDW very, very soon

Julie~how's it going? Do you like injections better? I ordered drops again because it's less expensive and I'm on a budget but I still want to try injections.

Doglovingal~hope it's still going well for you too.

Scale went down, not much but I'm not counting cals either so not too surprised. As long as it goes down and not up, I'm good. Hope everyone have a great Hump Day
Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #285

Quote:
Shebasmudder~ girl, you're rocking it!!! Congrats on losing and doctor saying you're losing the most..it's always nice to hear this kind of remarks from docs vs. you need to lose weight speech

Julie~how's it going? Do you like injections better? I ordered drops again because it's less expensive and I'm on a budget but I still want to try injections.

Scale went down, not much but I'm not counting cals either so not too surprised. As long as it goes down and not up, I'm good. Hope everyone have a great Hump Day
HUMP DAY!!!! Congrats on losing Shari!! no matter how much..
Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Thanks, ladies ! And congrats to everyone on their losses and "Ah Ha" moments !
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Humbly I Return

Hello my beautiful LCFs! Not sure if you guys remember as I have been lost in the abyss for an extremely long time!

So I don't have as much time as I used to to be online any longer. A new position with alot more work rarely leaves me time to post. I do try to read your updates as often as possible. I am so proud of each and everyone of you! You are all doing pretty awesome on your plans.

Me? I'm a mess!! I have gained so much weight. I am in a funk. I have no desire to do any sort of diet. I have no idea what happened. I will tell you guys something tho...Although my food intake has been horrible, I think the only thing keeping me from gaining too much is the simple fact that I love Zumba. I do it because to me, it's fun more so than exercise. HOWEVER, I got sick about 3 weeks ago with a bladder infection, then the week after that I had my wisdom tooth pulled and last week I was just a bum. Yep 3 weeks with not eating healthy at all and not exercising has put me in a bigger funk....I felt so desperate that I ordered homeopathic hcg. While I know that works I am also afraid of it (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!!! - I USED IT FOR MY VERY FIRST ROUND AND IT WORKED WONDERS....) So with much consideration and a lil help from my LCF hero (Deb) I am finally at a point where I am ordering the real stuff. Not sure if I will do the injections or the sublingual yet but I am going to order the real stuff today!

I haven't weighed. I haven't really thought of what day I will start. But I do know that I know me and I know I couldn't do a round longer than the shortest round one can do on the protocol.

I have completely forgotten EVERYTHING about the diet (its been that long). But I am trying to hype myself up by watching a few YouTube videos here and there. Today I finally got a glimmer of excitement back in me...Enough to make me want to order my stuff!

Now comes my begging....Would you guys mind taking me back?
I need the help, the accountability, the day to day communication...I NEED YOU!!!

Sincerely....Pati

P.S. - Wrote this at work with a few minutes between meetings - I apologize for being all over the place!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post

Hello my beautiful LCFs! Not sure if you guys remember as I have been lost in the abyss for an extremely long time!

So I don't have as much time as I used to to be online any longer. A new position with alot more work rarely leaves me time to post. I do try to read your updates as often as possible. I am so proud of each and everyone of you! You are all doing pretty awesome on your plans.

Me? I'm a mess!! I have gained so much weight. I am in a funk. I have no desire to do any sort of diet. I have no idea what happened. I will tell you guys something tho...Although my food intake has been horrible, I think the only thing keeping me from gaining too much is the simple fact that I love Zumba. I do it because to me, it's fun more so than exercise. HOWEVER, I got sick about 3 weeks ago with a bladder infection, then the week after that I had my wisdom tooth pulled and last week I was just a bum. Yep 3 weeks with not eating healthy at all and not exercising has put me in a bigger funk....I felt so desperate that I ordered homeopathic hcg. While I know that works I am also afraid of it (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!!! - I USED IT FOR MY VERY FIRST ROUND AND IT WORKED WONDERS....) So with much consideration and a lil help from my LCF hero (Deb) I am finally at a point where I am ordering the real stuff. Not sure if I will do the injections or the sublingual yet but I am going to order the real stuff today!

I haven't weighed. I haven't really thought of what day I will start. But I do know that I know me and I know I couldn't do a round longer than the shortest round one can do on the protocol.

I have completely forgotten EVERYTHING about the diet (its been that long). But I am trying to hype myself up by watching a few YouTube videos here and there. Today I finally got a glimmer of excitement back in me...Enough to make me want to order my stuff!

I need the help, the accountability, the day to day communication...I NEED YOU!!!

Sincerely....Pati

P.S. - Wrote this at work with a few minutes between meetings - I apologize for being all over the place!
YAY!!!!!! so happy you are here Pati, and OF COURSE WE WILL TAKE YOU BACK SILLY!!!

I am heading into a meeting, but I shall return to write more..
Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I'm doing injections, 150 iu for now. AJ's is another good "on the run" option. I love grabbing Boars Head ever roast chicken breast (usually a quarter lb-4 oz is what I get). Satisfying, on plan and usually pretty easy to find . You're doing great while away! I'll be on a weekend getaway with my family next weekend, so I'm taking notes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hey, ladies !

Are you doing FF and hcg together? Hmmm...I'm curious. WTG on impressing your Dr!! And being "noticeably" thinner?

Quote:

The injections do take a bit of work (cleaning, mixing, measuring, dosing, ...) but I do like them better. I can eat, drink, have mints or gum, anytime! I hope they'll suppress hunger better and help with stabilization too, but that remains to be seen. you'll get back down. It takes time, but you know what to do. Each stage has it's own challenges, but at least you're int the fight and working on it. It's the giving up that really causes damage.

Gracie-you're doing great! I hear you on the exercise! I need to get back to the gym, but I am kind of out of the habit and a bit tired lately. My workout buddy comes home tomorrow, so I'll likely be back then. How did the PI go? I'm considering one while my inlaws visit... did you gain much? ill be watching to see how the rest of the vlcds work out. I've read mixed reviews on the actual weight loss, but it cant hurt the stabilization to re-stick the ldw number for a while. Keep up the good work!

Deb-you're refueling and resting. That's important too! Even though losing is fun, eating is fun too! You'll be back to P2 soon enough .

I'm doing well. I've been skipping the exercise, but don't want to keep doing that! I'm not hungry this morning! I will dose in a few, but I'm not sure if I should lower it to see, or just stick with 150 for now? I've been a bit off in my measurements, how do you know there isn't air at the tip? It's been "around" 150... .how precise does it need to be?

Down a bit to 170.2 so almost back to the 160's.... Only 11 more to go to the 150's. on day 4, there's hope!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #290

PATI!!! so glad to 'see' you again Girl, you know you're always welcome and never forgotten LOL. Well one thing you know for sure, hcg will transform the body like no other plan...it's strict but totally worth it if you can stick with it for at least 21 days. You tube vlogs have really helped me get through some days where I wanted other food so that's a great start for motivation

Julie~ congrats on the loss! You're just a pee away from the 160's the 150's is very much attainable by the end of this round!!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #291

Quote:
I'm doing injections, 150 iu for now. AJ's is another good "on the run" option. I love grabbing Boars Head ever roast chicken breast (usually a quarter lb-4 oz is what I get). Satisfying, on plan and usually pretty easy to find . You're doing great while away! I'll be on a weekend getaway with my family next weekend, so I'm taking notes .

Are you doing FF and hcg together? Hmmm...I'm curious. WTG on impressing your Dr!! And being "noticeably" thinner?

The injections do take a bit of work (cleaning, mixing, measuring, dosing, ...) but I do like them better. I can eat, drink, have mints or gum, anytime! I hope they'll suppress hunger better and help with stabilization too, but that remains to be seen. you'll get back down. It takes time, but you know what to do. Each stage has it's own challenges, but at least you're int the fight and working on it. It's the giving up that really causes damage.

Gracie-you're doing great! I hear you on the exercise! I need to get back to the gym, but I am kind of out of the habit and a bit tired lately. My workout buddy comes home tomorrow, so I'll likely be back then. How did the PI go? I'm considering one while my inlaws visit... did you gain much? ill be watching to see how the rest of the vlcds work out. I've read mixed reviews on the actual weight loss, but it cant hurt the stabilization to re-stick the ldw number for a while. Keep up the good work!

Deb-you're refueling and resting. That's important too! Even though losing is fun, eating is fun too! You'll be back to P2 soon enough .

I'm doing well. I've been skipping the exercise, but don't want to keep doing that! I'm not hungry this morning! I will dose in a few, but I'm not sure if I should lower it to see, or just stick with 150 for now? I've been a bit off in my measurements, how do you know there isn't air at the tip? It's been "around" 150... .how precise does it need to be?

Down a bit to 170.2 so almost back to the 160's.... Only 11 more to go to the 150's. on day 4, there's hope!
This is great Julie! you are losing!! It won't be long and you will be in the 50's again!

I dose 150 but never worry about it being exact. I don't think it matters that much! I always do a little flick to have the air bubbles come to the top, then squirt a tiny bit out to get rid of the air, it comes in a bit below 150. I got hungry early in the round and went down to 125. I think that was too low for me, so next week I will go with something in between..

I agree that RX is easier on your day, not worrying about what time you can eat etc etc..
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
I see lots of familiar names and faces. I'd love to join your group if you'll have me. I'm gearing up for a round of hcg....
Old 03-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
I see lots of familiar names and faces. I'd love to join your group if you'll have me. I'm gearing up for a round of hcg....
Of course!!! Welcome!! I haven't seen you around in a long time! So many of your old HCG buddies are here..
Old 03-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post

Sincerely....Pati

So Pati! Are you starting with HHCG and then doing RX? Congrats on keeping up the Zumba! I can so relate to being in a crappy place where you don't feel good about yourself. YOU can make the changes you need, and you know how.. We are all here for the same thing! SUPPORT!!!!

Can't wait to see your progress! Please keep posting!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

tommyswife and Pati!! So nice to see you guys here!! Come, join the hcg party!! I too have regained and regret a lot of it, but only 1 way works for me to lose anymore, and hcg is it!! You can do it!

Pati-I'm trying Rx for the first time too! I was scared too, but I'm happy with it now. Takes a bit of getting used to...but I think it's a good idea to try it at least once. I've done several round of the hhcg, and I've always wondered if the Rx would be better...I hope it is!

Glad to have such a great group here!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #296

Good morning all! I just wanted to jump in for a quick check in. I have completely lost my cravings, and I am so happy. I am eating good foods, and have very little hunger, but the best part is that my hubby made pizza last night and I had NO DESIRE to even taste it. NONE.

This is so exciting to me, because it will help when I get going on my round again Monday. I will eat full fat everything this weekend, and be ready to go Monday!

Hope everyone is doing well, I have a full day so will check back later.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #297

Welcome back Pati and Tommyswife! Good to see you both

Scale down today to 200.6, hoping to see onederland again by the weekend. I'm off today so I will try to check back later.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
YAY!!!!!! so happy you are here Pati, and OF COURSE WE WILL TAKE YOU BACK SILLY!!!

I am heading into a meeting, but I shall return to write more..

Quote:
PATI!!! so glad to 'see' you again Girl, you know you're always welcome and never forgotten LOL. Well one thing you know for sure, hcg will transform the body like no other plan...it's strict but totally worth it if you can stick with it for at least 21 days. You tube vlogs have really helped me get through some days where I wanted other food so that's a great start for motivation

Julie~ congrats on the loss! You're just a pee away from the 160's the 150's is very much attainable by the end of this round!!
Shari!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Welcome back Tommyswife! I too am gearing up to start a round. When are you going to begin yours? Would be nice to have someone on the same page (or even same chapter) when starting! WELCOME BACK!

Quote:
So Pati! Are you starting with HHCG and then doing RX? Congrats on keeping up the Zumba! I can so relate to being in a crappy place where you don't feel good about yourself. YOU can make the changes you need, and you know how.. We are all here for the same thing! SUPPORT!!!!

Can't wait to see your progress! Please keep posting!
Hiya love....I have my bottle of homeopathic stuff at home. I can not do it with that...I placed my orders for the real stuff yesterday. I think I will wait to receive rx stuff and start out with that. I printed out Pounds and Inches to get reacquainted. I have been saving recipes (one huge factor for me during this diet was boredom from the same foods over and over....Going to play around this time with recipes), and I have the Omaha stuff ready to read as well. Can you guys tell I am trying to "arm" myself with information?

Quote:
tommyswife and Pati!! So nice to see you guys here!! Come, join the hcg party!! I too have regained and regret a lot of it, but only 1 way works for me to lose anymore, and hcg is it!! You can do it!

Pati-I'm trying Rx for the first time too! I was scared too, but I'm happy with it now. Takes a bit of getting used to...but I think it's a good idea to try it at least once. I've done several round of the hhcg, and I've always wondered if the Rx would be better...I hope it is!

Glad to have such a great group here!
Hi Julie!!
I've done both rx and hhcg. I have no idea why I am so afraid of the hhcg this time So I decided to wait to have all my rx stuff and do a round that way.

I actually bought enough for 3 rounds (just to have) and I have the hhcg as well. If all that doesn't help me get the 30 lbs off, I don't know what will!!!

Quote:
Good morning all! I just wanted to jump in for a quick check in. I have completely lost my cravings, and I am so happy. I am eating good foods, and have very little hunger, but the best part is that my hubby made pizza last night and I had NO DESIRE to even taste it. NONE.

This is so exciting to me, because it will help when I get going on my round again Monday. I will eat full fat everything this weekend, and be ready to go Monday!

Hope everyone is doing well, I have a full day so will check back later.
You're on P3 right now? LUCKY!!! After doing a round of P2, P3 is heaven!! LOL I'm so glad you have lost cravings....

HAPPY LOADING ON FATS THIS WEEKEND!

Quote:
Welcome back Pati and Tommyswife! Good to see you both

Scale down today to 200.6, hoping to see onederland again by the weekend. I'm off today so I will try to check back later.
WOOOHOO!! Hey there Gracie!!! You are soooo close to Onederland!! I bet you can taste it!

I don't even know what I weigh right now but I do know that my first goal will be that, onderland....

Thanks for the warm welcomes

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning lovelies!

Deb-you sound like you're in the zone!! Happy weekend, low cal days will get the scale moving quickly again!

Gracie-you're almost to onedeerland again!! Tomorrows your day!!

Patti-so happy to have you back! I'm planning another round already...trying to order more stuff myself! It works, and I'm planning to work it throug maintenance with exercise to goal for good this year!

I'm down to 169 today...vlcd5. I'm pleased with that!! I just hope there are decent losses the next few weeks too. I know week 1 is the best, and I'm enjoying it! I did watch a couple youtube before/afters for inspiration. Wow! I'm inspired to want goal again! Not just settle for 155 because it'll be easier to maintain...I'll be mulling this over. Also mulling how long to wait between Rx rounds after so many years...

Have a good one ladies!

Last edited by julieboolie; 03-20-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #300

Gracie!!! You will be there tomorrow!!

Pati.. so happy to see you post 2 days in a row!.. OMG!.. love it!! you are going to rock it girl, you know how to do this, and a refresher course is a good thing for you. Just go in with a fresh mind, like this is your first round! You can do it!..

Julie! Fantastic loss!! So happy you are enjoying RX! I will start with my injections tomorrow, so I can get going Monday morning. I am going to attempt staying lower than I have been in cals in past rounds. Since I have no hunger, I am hoping I can do it!..
Closed Thread