Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/130 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC
Start Date: 6/06 Atkins, 4/14 LC
emergency diet

I am following a diet by mollie player(has book).
All days 20 grams or less carbs....
day one is low calorie eating 400 or under calories
day two is all you can eat staying under the carb limit of 20 or lower...
very easy diet, except the intermittent fasting day is sometimes tough but the mantra I keep repeating that the next day I ALWAYS see weight loss...

Good Luck to all this is a great website!!
jblanken is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Keep us posted on how it works for you. I'm a big believer in alternating calories.

Good Luck!

Last edited by TerriMM; 02-12-2014 at 04:23 PM..
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hello.

This sounds like a doable plan. I am currently counting calories so this would fit in that plan. Would love to hear how this is working for you.

Have a great day.
hopetolose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pommychic
Stats: Start/68kgs/GW59kgs
WOE: WW
Start Date: April 2011
I have just read her book. I plan to start the diet on Monday so it gives me time to plan and shop for the right foods? What option did you go for with the fasting day? I was a bit confused with that part to be honest.
pommychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
I am following a diet by mollie player(has book).
All days 20 grams or less carbs....
day one is low calorie eating 400 or under calories
day two is all you can eat staying under the carb limit of 20 or lower...
very easy diet, except the intermittent fasting day is sometimes tough but the mantra I keep repeating that the next day I ALWAYS see weight loss...

Good Luck to all this is a great website!!
I just read this book! Very interesting. In a nutshell it is Atkins (induction level eating) + JUDDD/intermittent fasting. Sounds very effective!

How much have you lost eating this way, jblanken?
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

so far so good

I did lose the 10 pounds in the first week. After that I tend to lose about 2.5 pounds on average a week, but its enough motivation to be able to see the loss every other day the morning after the 'Fast' day(<=20 carbs and the 400 calorie or less day). I actually tried to share my success with another website and they basically chewed me up and spit me out. I love this forum and website. I initially lost 85 pounds in about 1.5 yrs doing low carb, with weekly loss of 1 to 2 lbs. With this diet I am please to get between 2 to 3 lbs. I feel so much better with low carb. I wish I had found this way of eating in my 20's. I have tried every diet I could read or get my hands on... Good luck to all!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Emergency Diet etc

Yesterday 2/13/14 was my IF day (<=20 carb and <400 calories) I typically have coffee/creamer, I chew SF gum if I am really hungry usually about 10:30am(after that I don't usually get hungry until after 6pm), drink either green tea, water, crystal light, black coffee and then for dinner I have 2 eggs and a black coffee sometimes I add 1/2 oz heavy cream. I sometimes find I am not able to lose as much with the cream, maybe have a lactose issue so I leave this off if I don't lose.

For my LC day (<=20 carb and no calorie counting) today for breakfast I had 4 pieces bacon with 2 fried eggs, coffee with njoy(I am trying to lose the corn syrup creamer yes...I am trying to wean myself off it)...lunch was a large hamburger using Walden's ketchup. Dinner I had a large steak broiled using Walden's ketchup and also horseradish spread. Had SF noCarb cheesecake dessert. I did try a new receipe for cheesecake, 5 pkg cream cheese, 4 eggs, Erythritol to taste, imitation vanilla. It was pretty good. I put Walden's strawberry spread on top. Had this with black coffee.

The diet I follow, (see previous post) runs from
6am to 6pm IF day
6am to 6pm LC day

no eating between 6pm to 6am ever.

I also should say I take multi-vitamins, Omega-3's, reservatol, Vit D3, extra B vitamins, and turmeric. These I take for the obvious health reasons and because my mother died of Alzheimer's. After reading books on this illness many Doctors have come out with a vitamin regimen that Dr Perlmutter suggests.

In 2006 I was 100 lbs overweight. Today after losing 85 lbs on LC, I am trying to get to the last pounds to get to goal. I first lost 20 pounds on this diet. I did have a setback with my Mother passing, losing a job, and with gaining a job I gained 10 pounds so now I am trying to get back and need to lose 30 pounds...

I find that the IF day can be a challenge but my mantra is that I am going to have eat tomorrow so I can just hold on and I always see a weight loss after the IF day which motivates me to continue. I also believe in trying to find something to replace bad habits. For me its bad eating habits and I have replaced these with knitting and reading. I also watch/listen to music. I try to change the channel when the food commercials come on...just too much for me...

I feel so much better on this diet and I love this web site !!
You guys are the greatest!

Good luck in your endeavors!! Thanks for all your good advice!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Thanks for posting jblaken
I am reading the book now.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for all the honest details jblanken! I'm so glad you came back here! This forum is such a wonderful place to learn and survey the boundaries. I am not a path taker and this is such a great place to explore the outer reaches.

This is an approach that makes a lot of sense to me. Please continue to update us on your progress!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thanks for posting jblaken
I am reading the book now.
Ha, Ha Jeanie,
Am I following you for vise versa
Old 02-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Terri,
My husband and I went out to Thai on Valentines day. I tried to tell them that I am sensitive to sugar, but some got into my meal anyway. So the next morning after fast day I did see a pound gain. Today I have lost .6 of that... I also know that I am sensitive to dairy so I will cut that out to see if it makes a difference on the scale. I also know, that for me, this is the best diet, not only for the weight loss but I feel better and have better mental clarity (if that makes sense). I appreciate the support of this site! Thanks, Julie
Old 02-16-2014, 05:37 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I did forget to mention that on my IF day or Fast day, at lunch I will also sometimes have a hot cup of broth, which I did 2/15. Also, my husband and I went out to dinner Thursday 2/13 for dinner because of the storm coming that night on the east coast of USA. Have a great day...
Old 02-20-2014, 03:21 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Happy to report that after my 'too many' carbs day I am back on track to losing .8 everyother day....
Have a great day...
Old 02-22-2014, 05:09 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

down .5 today, believe I am not to .8 because of the dairy I had on the LC....I will stick to the SF treats I know work. Still happy, I'm on the downward trend. Looks to bee in the mid 50s here in south Jersey so we will walk on beach. Its so nice to see a squint of spring and we are ready here... Have a great day!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Very happy to report, I lost 1.7 over the weekend. Did take a walk on the boardwalk. Yesterday, an IF day, I was just tired(and cold) so I did some things at home and then took a nap(with a coat on). Usually have something at 3pm but forgot or was sleeping. Looking forward to spring, Saturday it was 55 here...
Old 02-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Busy day this afternoon, time flew at work... Good for a DD Judd, hope to see results tomorrow!!