Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 04:03 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Virgin Diet - Elimination and Re-introduction

Wondering if anyone is trying this protocol?

I do primal, low-carb, Alternate Day Fasting and mostly post on the JUDDD board. (Which is a great place. I urge everyone to check out our great informational threads.)

This month I added the Virgin Diet (eliminating wheat, corn, soy, sugar and artificial sweeteners, peanuts, dairy, and eggs for 3 weeks, then adding items back in one at a time, to test for any sensitivities).

I am about half-way through the elimination right now.

I am having good success with it. Would like to chat with anyone else who has done this, or is doing it.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
My thyroid doctor recommended that plan at my last visit, but I had already followed "The Plan" by Lyn-Genet Recitas which I think is fairly similar.

Dairy causes my asthma and I don't tolerate beans. I never added wheat back because I have been off it for years and already know it causes problems. I seem OK with corn in moderation (maybe to excess, I haven't tried that).

"The Plan" wasn't the weight-loss miracle it was made out to be (she said you should lose a half pound every day you don't eat any food you react to), but I am so glad I figured out how to stop my asthma I could spit.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Stopping asthma is wonderful!

I have been losing well on my regular plan, but the weight loss has definitely accelerated since I have started the eliminations. I have been doing it for 12 days. Usually, I could expect to go down 2-4 pounds in that time. I am down 13.

So, I think her ideas about reacting to sensitivities/bloat may hold true for me. I will be interested to see if the reduction continues for the remaining 9 days. I don't expect the same rapid losses, but I do wonder if I might lose a little more than regularly.

And I am also interested (and apprehensive) about how much I might bounce back, as I add things in, and perhaps run into things I am sensitive to. Not looking forward to gaining 8 pounds overnight.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

15 days in now. I am finding it a bit tedious. REALLY looking forward to trying eggs again. And dairy. But I am hanging in there. I have decided to stick to it through the Super Bowl! Made my own 'treats' to bring along today so they will be ready for me.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I was supposed to be trying eggs today, but I am fighting off a cold, so I'm going to wait until things are back to normal. I wouldn't be able to tell a reaction symptom if it struck.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Started introducing eggs, and discovered I have a problem with them, which I never would have suspected. I am seriously bummed.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Hi Sirtain,

I did the three weeks at the beginning of January and it did wonders for me as far as my weight loss which was at a complete stand still. Last year was not a good year for me, I gained 15 pounds caused by stress. I couldn't lose weight no matter what. My mom actually asked me to do this with her and I found it to be very easy by week 2. I still try to follow the guidelines with a slip here and there. But its the first plan in a while which I have stuck to and have lost weight. Still going strong here. I combine it with weight watchers so I don't overeat and its really working for me. Glad to see someone else has tried it.

Hope you are feeling better.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote