Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
yes, ma'am! totally want to do this. i really do feel done with cutting out whole food groups and WANT to learn (again ) that, with moderation, nothing is off limits. (the only thing, i may still try do do some LC to support hubby as he really tries to stay LC due to familial tendencies to type 2 diabetes.) it just leads to binging for me and it really needs to stop.

family is good. kids get out of school the 27th. ella has her last gymnastics meet this saturday, the state meet. first baseball game is the 27th, whoop!! not sure if ky will pitch or not. have taken him to ortho doc bc his elbow gets so sore after pitching. after an MRI it's discovered he has medial epycondilitis (pitcher's elbow). treatment: don't pitch. he's continued to go to pitching practice, but he doesn't like to talk about it much, so i guess i'll find out if he's pitching or not once the season gets underway.
Oh thatís a big fat bummer! This was supposed to be Kyleís breakout year.

Yeah Iím considering leaning LC too, because I know itís better for me and like I said the wheat based carbs are real triggers for me. But if this works the way I hope, no reason to stress over having one of my sisterís brownies from time to time. I also donít have as much of an issue with potatoes, kidney beans in my salads, or that sort of thing, so Iíll probably be more lax on that. Are you still doing the resistant starch thing?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i haven't been doing the RS for awhile. i have added the potato starch to a smoothie a couple times recently, just a tsp. and whoa, hello gas!! they say gas while taking the starch is a sign that gut health needs some improving. but, actually, my digestion has been great! the only uncomfy bloating i have had was when i added the RS to a smoothie. if i continue with adding RS it will be in the form of cooked and cooled rice and potatoes. i LOVE both.

i will still allow most any carb if needed, but will try and stay within the bounds of IE. and then eat LC where appropriate too. lunch didn't go as planned, too much volume, so will just pick myself up and try again at the next meal.

regarding kyle….the ortho doc did say that once the growth plate closes where all the inflammation is, for some guys, the pain stops. so i'm praying that he can somehow stick with it in a manageable way until his closes and then see if the pain stops.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Subbing.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Me, too.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Just popping in to give an update on my progress. I've been eating low carb since October and am down about 9 lbs since then(32.5 lbs total). The most amazing thing to me is that for the past week, I have been listening to my body and feeding it when it is hungry and pretty much eating what I fancy. I've eaten an occasional oatmeal raisin cookie, english muffin, or other higher carb item. I'm still trying to get over the guilt of eating those things! Anyway, I'm happy to report that this week I have gone down a pound and have reached a new decade! I was faffing about with the same 3-4 lbs for the last couple months and I'm so happy to see a new number!

I have no problem eating when I'm hungry, but still working on the stopping when I've had enough. I'm not stressing over it, as this is life. There will be good days and not so good days. The important thing is to be "present" for them all!

Cheers to all!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Advice request (and I'm positive I'm overthinking this): I'm pretty good at following my hunger cues and knowing when I'm truly hungry, but sometimes I really am hungry but nothing jumps out at me. Should I wait until something sounds really good, or eat something that sounds "okay" since I really am hungry? Ex: Last night I was hungry and couldn't decide between lasagna and a rice bowl with chicken. They both sounded good, but neither made me want to jump for joy. Hah! I figured since my body was telling me it needed fuel, I'd just pick one and eat. I ended up going with the rice bowl because it had more protein. That was the only deciding factor.

Trying to think back when I was naturally thin, it seems there were often times when I was hungry and just picked what sounded best. Other times, I'd crave something and just be insanely upset if it wasn't available. I'm thinking that's the difference between just needing "fuel" and needing a certain nutrient.

Thoughts? TIA!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

My thoughts are just get "something to eat." This happens to me a lot now. Maybe after we get over the gasping for food stage it's no longer such a big deal to our body.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

I've been jotting down names of books and authors, blogs and websites that deal with IE so that I can explore them all a little at a time. I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but I thought I'd put together a running list we can keep and anyone can add to it at any time. What do you guys think?

Books:
*The Overfed Head by Rob Stevens
*How to Have You Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too by Josie Spinardi
*Intuitive Eating by Tribole & Resch
*Ditching Diets by Gillian Riley
*Overcoming Overeating by Hirschman & Munter
*I Can Make You Thin by Paul McKenna
*Diets Don't Work by Bob Schwartz
*Diet Recovery and Diet Recovery 2 by Matt Stone
*Multiple books by Geneen Roth

Websites and Blogs:
*Happy Eaters
*The Anti-Diet Project
*Evelyn Tribole's website in the Resources section there's a subsection on Intuitive Eating with tons of articles, interviews, research, support groups, etc.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
That's a great list Carol-very helpful. I'm gonna check out all of them. I'm still reading Skinny Jeans, and I'm starting working on Diets Don't Work.
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks Carol. I have requested Diets Still don't Work from my library. I should have it at the beginning of next week. They didn't have any others. I'll probably download Josie's book as everyone seems to like it.

Again, thanks. I'll check out the web sites this afternoon.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Seabreezes, I think you'll like Josie's book. I think I'm going to go back and re-read it too, Carol! I also sort of sped read through it trying to get all the info as fast as possible.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
I saw the "I can make you thin" special on TLC several years ago. I had a little bit of success with it. I read the book a couple of months ago and had NO success. (I may have been subconsciously undereating.) As a chronic dieter, I find the IE concept fascinating. But what kind of RESULTS are people getting? I know it feels wonderful to be liberated from all the NO NO NO and restrictions. No more food labels, measuring, weighing, counting, tracking. It feels AWESOME. I am just afraid I won't get any tangible results. Does anybody have any thoughts on that?

Also, just because we can eat whatever we want doesn't mean we don't have to make choices anymore. Say I want a burger and fries. What meat do I use? 85/15, or 90/10 ground sirloin? Should I use vegetable oil or peanut oil for the fries? I guess what I'm trying to ask/say is that we could still use a few "nutritional guidelines" to go by. Not "rules" by any means. Just more like "suggestions." Does anybody know of an author who provides that? Thanks. Sorry if I was too long winded.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
I like this idea. I feel like it resonates with my goals. So... Does anyone follow a low carb plan because it feels right to them?

I have read geneen Roths books and really want to get to a point to not overeat and learn to embrace the taste of food again. I guarantee I can lose weight and not stress about it if I stick with ie.

Can I join?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
jmc, I'm curious about losing on this, too. I started 3 weeks ago, and so far I've maintained for about a week, went up a couple pounds (which is apparently very typical), and now am .6 below my start weight and hoping the trend continues down. So it's too early to really say, but I can tell you that I am kind of thrilled about where I am given that I was counting calories and doing intermittent fasting before. I know others who are losing on it ... hopefully they'll jump in. The intuitive eating book has a chapter on nutrition, but they put it at the end because they really want people to not focus on that while they are getting out of the dieting mindset. All the books mention noticing what meals make you feel good. The Ditching Diets book mentions nutrition as well - that it is smart to make smart choices, but not all the time. I haven't seen any books with specific guidelines, though, because then that would be a diet. It's up to you to decide, but they say most people gravitate naturally toward healthier stuff once they really know that nothing is off limits.

Last edited by calichris; 05-20-2014 at 10:26 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Peace, I've been leaning toward low/controlled carb no matter what plan I've been doing for several years now, because I do feel better when I don't have lots of grains and sugars. But I do have desserts sometimes when I want them, and as long as I don't have huge amounts, I'm okay. If I have too much, I really feel it...YUCK! But I don't really limit fruits or starchy vegetables. I guess I just naturally don't eat large amounts of those either.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I just finished the ol' Thintuition guy's book on IE. It makes a lot of sense. It sounds almost identical to Paul McKenna's book. I wonder if one copied the others work, or if they both ripped off Shwartz? Anyway, I can't find one thing to criticize from the Thintuition book, other than the cheesy title. It all makes sense.

I am just getting SO fed up with dieting in general. Don't eat that, are you crazy!!! Get out your food scale. How many points are in this meal? And so forth. This is (or was) day 9 of a pretty hardcore low carb diet for me and I finally broke. I wanted some cookies more than I wanted oxygen. So I had about 5 of them. And then a funny thing happened...I didn't think about food for the next several hours. Before I gave in, I thought about the cookies literally ALL day. It's very liberating. I just really want to get rid of 30 pounds and I hope this method will work, even if it's slow.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
if you want weight loss stories, go visit Everyday Systems (the NoS site)--and check out the Yearly Check in forum. Even though they do it differently then IE (no sugar sweets or seconds except on days that start with S--which by the way triggered binging for me) these folks eat one plate 3 times a day and it doesn't matter what is on that plate. The weight loss was slow but if you read the success stories, many many people had success in losing weight as well as freedom from diethead. Many people initially gained but went on to lose all their weight. It happens slowly but it happens.

I do my version of No S--which is 3 plates a day and anything, including sweets can be on that plate--I don't feel compelled to finish everything on the plate. Like Kristina, I travel constantly (I'm off to NYC in a couple of days) and it is so incredibly freeing to take my food sanity with me no matter where I go. I don't feel deprived, I don't feel obsessed--would I love to instantly be 30 pounds lighter? Yes, but not at the cost of my mental and physical balance.

Last edited by ouizoid; 05-21-2014 at 06:32 AM..
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
if you want weight loss stories, go visit Everyday Systems (the NoS site)--and check out the Yearly Check in forum. Even though they do it differently then IE (no sugar sweets or seconds except on days that start with S--which by the way triggered binging for me) these folks eat one plate 3 times a day and it doesn't matter what is on that plate. The weight loss was slow but if you read the success stories, many many people had success in losing weight as well as freedom from diethead. Many people initially gained but went on to lose all their weight. It happens slowly but it happens.

I do my version of No S--which is 3 plates a day and anything, including sweets can be on that plate--I don't feel compelled to finish everything on the plate. Like Kristina, I travel constantly (I'm off to NYC in a couple of days) and it is so incredibly freeing to take my food sanity with me no matter where I go. I don't feel deprived, I don't feel obsessed--would I love to instantly be 30 pounds lighter? Yes, but not at the cost of my mental and physical balance.
I think this is more like what Iím doing. Itís almost impossible to be actually hungry in-between and if I am, Iím close enough to the next meal that I donít want to snack and blow being hungry for that. And the three meal WOE just fits with my lifestyle to live like a ďnormal personĒ. I have not wanted to restrict anything, including sweets and it seems to be paying off with the lack (for the most part ) of any desire to overeat, let alone binge. The ONLY rules Iím trying to follow are ďdonít eat when youíre not hungry and stop when youíre satisfiedĒ.

And I canít agree more with what you say about the mental and physical balance!!!

How long have you been doing this and what kind of losses, if any, have you seen at this point? Iíve been doing this about three weeks. Like Chris said and you mentioned, I went up a couple pounds then back down. I seem to be maintaining well on the low end and hope the more my body learns to trust that Iím not going to fall for the next diet, itíll start releasing. At the moment, nothing compares to just living.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i too am doing No-S. honestly this is so much less stressful for me than IE is. with IE i was constantly thinking about food…when could i eat? am i eating too much? should i stop? keep eating? it was quite nerve wracking for me. my goal is to NOT think about food and IE was doing the complete opposite.

with No-S, you just know that you get 3 meals a day. one plate worth with no restrictions on what is on that plate, with the exception of sweets (ouizoid does this different, but that's works for her). i need this rule of no sweets during the week, and actually feel no need or temptation to eat sweets during the week. on the weekends there are no rules. and by monday i am more than ready for my 3 plates only.

weight loss? not much if any, but right now i am focusing on habits and acceptance of where i am right now and if weight loss comes at some point, that's awesome. maybe at some point, too, i will feel able to use a smaller plate (salad plate vs dinner plate) or make 'healthier' choices to put on my plates, but for now, this is what my mind needs to feel peaceful.

now that no foods are off limits (with the exception of S days), deciding what to eat is just meh. which is my goal. to be unemotional where food is concerned. i do still enjoy sweets and grazing on the weekends, but don't gorge by any means.

for me…No-S is structure with complete freedom.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #80
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Thank you Dazygyrl, that is very interesting. Just had a quick look at the No-S website from the founder and have found it very interesting. Thank you to Ouizoid too, I will be looking at that forum and looking into No-S further.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I am on Day 6 of IE. I am down a couple of pounds, but I'm trying not to focus on that. I am a numbers guy and this diet is very abstract, so it's hard for me to quantify if I'm doing well, unlike on other diets. One thing that I came up with seems to make sense to me.

If I leave an average of 50 calories worth of uneaten food on the plate at every meal, that would be about 150 calories a day, 1050 calories a week, and 54,600 calories a year. Assuming a pound is 3500 calories, that would be about 15 pounds of weight loss per year. I hear you saying "15 pounds? That's NOTHING." Well, keep in mind that these 15 pounds are practically EFFORTLESS. Those last 50 calories on the plate mean NOTHING. The food is getting cold by this time and hunger is waning, so it doesn't taste as good anymore. I am getting in the habit of leaving some food on the plate, and just a few minutes later, my body doesn't remember nor care if I cleaned my plate or left food. All it knows is that it's satisfied and I move on with my life.

I know calories in/calories out isn't the best way to measure, but for illustrative purposes, you can see my point.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

I like this way of looking at it JMC. It goes well with my signature quote. Just little things making big differences. I have this block against leaving food. I guess it's the wasting thing. But also greedy me wanting to just keep eating. I tend to do better to take just a little bit less in the first place, and will work on doing just that.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #83
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I have problems leaving the "good stuff" on the plate, but I'm getting better about leaving some bread behind (bread has never been my end-all, be-all food). Last night, I ate more of my burrito than I really needed, but I did leave half the tortilla, so that's a small victory.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CoffeeCat
As the OP on this thread, I'd like to add to this discussion (which I find just wonderful!)

My journey with IE has been a long one with lots of ups and downs. When I first began over a year ago I was still focused on losing weight. I had pretty much given up the scale but did weigh in from time to time. Which I no longer do, btw.

Looking back, I was still in diet mode. No, I didn't restrict anything, but I was pretty obsessive about monitoring how I felt ... was I full? was I "satisfied"? What exactly IS satisfied? I obsessed about eating with no distractions and concentrating on how I felt when eating. I turned IE into another diet - not one with calories, carbs or points, but one with "feelings."

Frankly, I found that just as restrictive as any other diet.

I did lose a few pounds, but I was restricting without even realizing it. I went out of town for a wedding, didn't worry about what I ate, and from then on I just ate anything and everything I wanted, whenever I wanted, even eating when I wasn't hungry.

I basically had to get that out of my system. I did actually go up a whole size, but I was DETERMINED that I was going to get over this obsession with food and dieting once and for all.

Over the last six-eight months I believe I have finally become totally comfortable with my body. I still have this extra weight but even having to buy clothes in a bigger size has not depressed me at all as it has in the past. I have definitely stabilized my weight and if I never lose another pound that is just fine with me, because I know I won't be subjecting myself to the rapid weight gain I always have after restriction.

When I use the word "weight" I'm not talking about a specific number, as I have absolutely NO IDEA how much I weigh. I know I've gained only because I had to go up a size, but I've stabilized at that size for quite some time now, which I determine by how my clothes fit. No doubt I fluctuate a couple of pounds here and there but I won't subject myself to jumping on and off the scale every day and obsessing about a loss or gain that in the end means absolutely nothing.

I feel that I've come so far in this process that I don't even want to talk about food in any context, which is the reason I haven't been on the forum. But for whatever reason this thread came to mind today and I decided to come and read the latest posts which compelled me to respond.

Everyone has to approach their eating in whatever way that works for them. I found that trying to combine IE with any other way of eating where some type of restriction came into play was a monumental disaster. I'm not saying it's unworkable; it's just unworkable for ME. Keep in mind that I'm really not an emotional eater, nor have I had weight issues all my life. I spent most of my adult life thin and practiced IE without realizing it. It was only the menopause extra weight which panicked me and sent me into diet mode, with terrible results. I simply had to stop the restriction in order to have any hope of stopping the weight gain. And I think I've accomplished that.

I do know someone who has lost 40 lbs doing IE, but it took her eight years to accomplish that. Like me, she's post-menopausal, and all this took place after menopause. She'd like to lose another 25 lbs (which I think is more than she needs to lose for her height and age) but she said she will NEVER diet again.

Good luck to all of you. I will try to pop in on a more regular basis in order to see how all of you are doing. Feel free to ask questions if you have any; not sure how much my experience can help you in your journey, but I'm happy to try.
CoffeeCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

I think it's great to have someone with your more extensive experience with IE talking to us about it. I feel like such a novice and that I'm just scratching the surface of all this has to offer. It's great to get to look forward at someone like you who has walked it for awhile and can share your experiences and comment on ours as we have them. Thanks for being here!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I second that.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Hi CoffeeCat thanks for starting this thread originally, I have found IE to be instrumental for making some big changes I desperately needed to make. Having the opportunity to see how others are dealing with this has given me valuable insights into my own struggles.

I agree with what you said about not making IE another diet obsession, and FOR ME I know I can't combine a diet with IE or it just won't work. I know we'd all love to hear more about your journey and how you got to the place you are now, if you feel comfortable sharing more. Nice to hear from you again!

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for checking in with an update CoffeeCat. It helps a lot to know what's ahead. I've only been doing this for a month and have so much peace towards food it's really hard to explain.

Did you find a particular book on the subject more helpful then another? Where there any particular concepts that you found especially helpful to focus on?
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CoffeeCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Did you find a particular book on the subject more helpful then another? Where there any particular concepts that you found especially helpful to focus on?
I still prefer The Overfed Head more than any other book I've read. I like it because it has no psychobabble in it at all. However, my next most useful book is Overcoming Overeating by Hirschmann and Munter. It does have a bit more about the psychology of overeating but not excessively so.

I personally do not care at all for the so-called seminal work by Tribole and Resch; it's very diet-like, in my opinion, with all the rules and concepts. I also found Geneen Roth's work very unhelpful. But what works for one may not work for another. Some people love Roth's books; others find the Intuitive Eating book extremely helpful. My suggestion is to try to get as many of these resources from the library as possible. Then if one (or more) really resonates with you then you can purchase it if you like.

Concepts that I focused on - well, as I stated, I was too focused trying to determine my precise satiety point. That said, I do think it's important when you're eating to recognize when the food is no longer appealing. That, more than anything, indicates fullness. At least it does for me.

I'll give an example - I was out of town earlier this week and had been running around all day. I had eaten lunch around 1:00. I ate a half of an oyster po-boy (I couldn't believe how big it was when they brought it out) and brought the other half back to my hotel room and put it in the refrigerator thinking I could eat the other half for supper. I then drove an hour each way that evening to see my cousin's new home and by the time I got back to where I was staying around 10:00 pm I suddenly realized I was pretty hungry.

It's important to note here that I never even THOUGHT about food this whole time. My cousin did offer to take me to eat as I arrived at his house about 7:00 pm but I wasn't at all hungry, so I declined. I hadn't even thought about food until almost back at my destination and the hunger just hit me like a ton of bricks. But the last thing I wanted was that warmed over po-boy, so I stopped at a local restaurant. I looked over the menu and the 7 oz sirloin with baked potato and spinach sounded really good. I ordered it, ate most of the steak, left about a third of the potato and about half of the spinach. (I LOVE BEEF). I was sooo hungry when I started eating and the food tasted sooo good, but as I ate I realized I just wasn't enjoying it like I did when I started. It's generally then that I realize I just don't need to eat any more. I wasn't stuffed, just pleasantly full.

Trying to determine satiety as a stand-alone process just didn't work for me. I finally realized it had to do with how the food tastes as you are eating your meal. It's the law of diminishing returns in action. Less hunger = less taste satisfaction. At least that's how it is working for me.

My goal in this process has always been to just try and eat like a thin person eats. I want to be able to enjoy my food but not really think about when to stop eating. Thin people don't do that; they have some type of internal clock that tells them "you've had enough." I believe I've come a long way to getting to that point, although I still overeat from time to time. But then again, so do thin people.
CoffeeCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Awesome!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote