Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Post menus everyone!!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Today's BB RM was from 1015 to 1115 am:

24 oz iced mocha (decaf) with whole milk
large salad with lots of various veggies (salad bar) and protein fixins' with blue cheese
2 choc chip cookies
3 pecan caramel clusters
1 hamburger pattie

Did get hungry later so I had a CM (low carb dinner):

beef pot roast
4 cups mixed green salad with blue cheese

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals, I am mostly on the BB diet and CAD diet threads. I have found that eating big breakfast helps me more with weight loss and sleeping better at night. I had one meal at 6 p.m yesterday and it felt like lead in my stomach all night plus I seem to gain and not feel as satiated.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Oriana it may not be perfect, it may be slow, but be honest: isn't all the food and not having to stress great? Plus how good you feel. I bet even with a few extra pounds up/down that you have been bouncing you still look and feel fabulous!

MIW
Old 01-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 164, G: 145
WOE: LC, IF, RS
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
Oh, I'd love to do just one nice big " Breakfast" meal a day like MIW does...that lucky girl!!! Just think--not as much cooking and not as many dishes and pots and pans to deal with afterward but it really screws up my diabetic blood sugar, so I satisfy myself with two meals a day (plus my AM coffee with HWC) and of course, limit most of my carbs pretty carefully. This eating schedule lets me "socialize" with friends and family for lunch and dinner whenever I want--even an occasional "brunch."

My menus are pretty standard LC and thus boring; all of you know the drill, but lately I have added a couple of T of RS (in the form of potato starch or cooked, cooled potatoes) to every meal . So far my bg has remained good, but this is still in the experimental stage . I will re-evaluate if my BG numbers go up as I don't want to do anything to kill off whatever healthy beta cells I still have.

If my bg starts to move higher (I use the standards recommended by Jenny over at "Blood Sugar 101") then I will have to re-think the RS thing. What I like about it right now is satiation. It is not at all hard for me this way to keep my eating within a 5-6 hour window--I don't get hungry--and common wisdom in the blood sugar world is that this kind of "fast" is beneficial to keeping blood sugar stable.

I love the theory behind JUDDD and think it is marvelous for some peeps, but when I tried it, my blood sugar wasn't stable although I lost some weight. So back to "Fast Five" for me.
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

So today I had a fabulous RM from 10:3am to 11:30 am. Even had some cold baked potato sliced in my salad for the RS and it tasted awesome!

Big salad with blue cheese dsg and cold baked potato slices
Big hunk of roast beef
16 oz iced mocha with whole milk and decaf
2 choc chip cookies
3 pecan clusters
3/4 cup greek yogurt (14gm of fat per serving)
1 cup strawberries

It was sooooo good and I am still feeling fine at 8pm. I will probably have the same meal again tomorrow

MIW
Old 01-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Havefaith9
Stats: HW: 217 199.5/188.5/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 2014
Intermittent Fasting 2014

I've been trying this IF for over a wk now and was actually astonished I got thru a whole 23 hrs without eating. Ha. But the last couple days I've fallen back into eating junk.

I love this WOE tho and plan to stick with it and eating low carb too.

Just thought I'd post a little to hold myself accountable.
Havefaith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
I brought some nice naturally fermented foods home from the winter Farm Market on the corner -- a couple types of pickles and some sauerkraut. Working on the old gut biome. Even ate a whole apple yesterday. Am trying to get some more variety in my diet without going too high with the carbs. Am also having a little potato starch at bedtime, and it seems to be helping with satiety so I suppose it is behaving as advertised and keeping my blood sugar from spiking. If my waist stays the same size and my weekly average on the scale stays in the good range, mission accomplished.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

It's good to see another potato starch experimenter here, Martha. So far, it hasn't caused me any problems, but the jury is till out. I am going to give a couple of weeks to this before I decide whether it is really a good thing for me.

If the RS approach doesn't work then I will return to simple LC eaten in a 5-6 hour window. That always works for me (very slowly but that is OK) just so the scale doesn't move up I am satisfied. ( Maybe not delighted, but at least "satisfied" as long as the general trend is downward.)
Old 01-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

It's good to see another potato starch experimenter here, Martha. So far, it hasn't caused me any problems, but the jury is till out. I am going to give a couple of weeks to this before I decide whether it is really a good thing for me.

If the RS approach doesn't work then I will return to simple LC eaten in a 5-6 hour window. That always works for me (very slowly but that is OK) just so the scale doesn't move up I am satisfied. ( Maybe not delighted, but at least "satisfied" as long as the general trend is downward.)
Old 01-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

It will be interesting to see what we both think of it. I am adding back black beans and lentils as well, and generally allowing myself to move from the 30s range of net carbs daily to the 40s. I just really, really need to keep the night hunger and cravings under control, because the only reason I have managed to lose the weight is that this WOE -- or this combination of ways -- has left me satisfied. I will eventually want to track a lot less, too! But right now I feel more secure just keeping up with things. I really like being lean and strong, and I don't want to screw it up.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havefaith9 View Post
I've been trying this IF for over a wk now and was actually astonished I got thru a whole 23 hrs without eating. Ha. But the last couple days I've fallen back into eating junk.

I love this WOE tho and plan to stick with it and eating low carb too.

Just thought I'd post a little to hold myself accountable.
So I did eat the same meal again the next day, but didn't have time to make the potato. I felt fine all day but was hungry at home but it was bedtime and I survived it

Today I will likely have a big ribeye steak, some salad, my ice mocha with whole milk, choc chip cookies and pecan caramel clusters. AND I will do a baked potato (chilled) in my salad again. I wasn't hungry by the end of the day on the day I ate the same meal except with the potato.

MIW
Old 01-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
So I did eat the same meal again the next day, but didn't have time to make the potato. I felt fine all day but was hungry at home but it was bedtime and I survived it

Today I will likely have a big ribeye steak, some salad, my ice mocha with whole milk, choc chip cookies and pecan caramel clusters. AND I will do a baked potato (chilled) in my salad again. I wasn't hungry by the end of the day on the day I ate the same meal except with the potato.

MIW
Did have my big meal again today from 9:30 to 10:30am and 3 hours later STILL FULL!

If I do get hungry later I will have a hunk of leftover ribeye and some egg whites.

MIW
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Hello
I'm trying to find my place
I've posted a few places and wondering where I belong?
I'm an seasoned JUDDD Dr. Johnson fan.
Started yesterday on FAST 5 diet.
Do I belong here or elsewhere?
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Hey, I finally got my hands on the "preferred" brand of potato starch, the Bob's Red Mill variety. I was a little unsure whether I had the exact right thing -- so let's see if anything is different when I switch.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Decided to do Fast 5. Downloaded and read the eBook and today is day 3. I have been opening my window at 12:30 and ending at 5:30. I think most it my medals at "lunch" will be low carb. I am sort of combining CAD into Fast 5. However if my lunch is not lc I won't beat myself up. Also I will weigh daily and average it as advised by CAD.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Here is an interesting mouse study using an 8 hour eating window and a 16 hour fasting window. Salk study may offer drug-free intervention to prevent obesity and diabetes - Salk Institute - News Release

Believe me it's interesting.

It seems like there are a whole lot of plans that work as long as we have either periods of fasting or reduced calorie intake. I even heard of one that called for calculating your basic calorie needs and eat only 50% of that on a DD then on the UD eat 125% of your calorie needs. Seems like the people who did it lost about twice as fast as would be expected by just looking at the calorie reduction.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Hello
I'm trying to find my place
I've posted a few places and wondering where I belong?
I'm an seasoned JUDDD Dr. Johnson fan.
Started yesterday on FAST 5 diet.
Do I belong here or elsewhere?
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Terri
Terri did you find it? I did several searches but to no avail.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Have to say I'm happy with the potato starch routine. Works best for me to drink it in the morning. Satiety is noticably improved, IF daily fast extended to 18 hours from 15/16 and all systems good! I'm in maintenance mode, weight good/down a little after being a tad higher for a few days.

Last edited by martha; 01-28-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. I am still plinking away at doing my bigger carb meal during the earlier part of the day and so far so good. Have needed a protein meal later a few days here and there but no biggie as I don't shoot for one meal a day "only" and just take each day as they come. Today I was 211.2 which is my lowest doing a bit later RM and with half the days being with another meal later (CM on CAD) I am glad to see the scale slowly going down. I think I am breaking through about a 4 month plateau and I sure hope so!!!

MIW
Old 02-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still here too. My dad has been in the hospital and I have been up there after work every night. I'll post when I can but on plan..........
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JJFiddle
Stats: 202/202/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: 4/6/10
Hi, ages since I was in LCF. For 11 months I've done IF with Ori Hefmekler, first Anti-Estrogenic, then Warrior Diet. Started on 1 Mar 2013 at 230 lbs, lost about 20 lbs. then stalled.
I eat a main meal after work about 10 pm, an orange at breakfast (anti-estrogenic), a salad and boiled egg before work about 2 pm.
I am thrilled to see IF support here on LCF!! When I started this I couldn't find any support across the net. Thanks Slimlizzie for bringing this thread about!
JJFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
intermittent fasting

I am following a combo of IF and LC...

All days 20 grams or less carbs....
day one is low calorie eating 400 or under calories
day two is all you can eat staying under the carb limit of 20 or lower...
very easy diet, except the intermittent fasting day is sometimes tough but the mantra I keep repeating that the next day I ALWAYS see weight loss...

Good Luck to all this is a great website!!
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday 2/13/14 was my IF day (<=20 carb and <400 calories) I typically have coffee/creamer, I chew SF gum if I am really hungry usually about 10:30am(after that I don't usually get hungry until after 6pm), drink either green tea, water, crystal light, black coffee and then for dinner I have 2 eggs and a black coffee sometimes I add 1/2 oz heavy cream. I sometimes find I am not able to lose as much with the cream, maybe have a lactose issue so I leave this off if I don't lose.

For my LC day (<=20 carb and no calorie counting) today for breakfast I had 4 pieces bacon with 2 fried eggs, coffee with njoy(I am trying to lose the corn syrup creamer yes...I am trying to wean myself off it)...lunch was a large hamburger using Walden's ketchup. Dinner I had a large steak broiled using Walden's ketchup and also horseradish spread. Had SF noCarb cheesecake dessert. I did try a new receipe for cheesecake, 5 pkg cream cheese, 4 eggs, Erythritol to taste, imitation vanilla. It was pretty good. I put Walden's strawberry spread on top. Had this with black coffee.

The diet I follow, (see previous post) runs from
6am to 6pm IF day
6am to 6pm LC day

no eating between 6pm to 6am ever.

I find that the IF day can be a challenge but my mantra is that I am going to have eat tomorrow so I can just hold on and I always see a weight loss after the IF day which motivates me to continue. I also believe in trying to find something to replace bad habits. For me its bad eating habits and I have replaced these with knitting and reading. I also watch/listen to music. I try to change the channel when the food commercials come on...just too much for me...

I feel so much better on this diet and I love this web site !!
You guys are the greatest!

Good luck in your endeavors!! Thanks for all your good advice!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

IF diet etc

I also should say I take multi-vitamins, Omega-3's, reservatol, Vit D3, extra B vitamins, and turmeric. These I take for the obvious health reasons and because my mother died of Alzheimer's. After reading books on this illness many Doctors have come out with a vitamin regimen that Dr Perlmutter suggests.

In 2006 I was 100 lbs overweight. Today after losing 85 lbs on LC, I am trying to get to the last pounds to get to goal. I did have a setback in 2012 with my Mother passing, losing a job, gaining a job so now I am trying to get back and need to lose 30 pounds!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amin81
Stats: 182.5/143.1/132
WOE: LowCarbHighFat & 16:8
Start Date: 7 Jan 2014
Hi all, jumping in here as I'm also doing some intertmittent fasting since a couple of weeks and I'm loving it!

I started on LowCarbHighFat on January 7th. My weight loss goal is based on what I thought I could loose from then until summer (am on a summer challenge) but with the way this is going, I can likely adjust that down a bit!

Fasting is all the craze in both Sweden and the UK at the moment so I'd heard plenty about the 5:2 plan but it didn' really appeal to me.
Then I came across the idea of 16:8.
While I would probably have considered myself a breakfast person, I decided to try it (mostly for the health benefits) and have found out: I'm a brunch/lunch person and missing breakfast (just having coffee with some heavy cream) has no ill effects!!

Been doing this now since January 22nd and have been losing about 2.5 pounds each week. My eating window is noon to 8pm. I don't get home until 7pm so dinner really is right before the cut-off but the more I do this, the more I find I can even push lunch out to 1pm and I'm still fine.

Very happy with it and to have found some fellows who are on similar tracks!
Amin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! I too do combo diets that I have found that work for me along with Intermittent Fasting. I try my best to stay in an 8 hour window or less. Many days a week I only eat one meal in an hour and fast for 23 hours. It works for me. My baseline diet is The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet so I do eat carbs. I just make sure they are only once a day. Any other meal is just meat, cheese, eggs, and low carb veggies. Any coffee I drink is decaf because I am very sensitive to caffeine as I see weight gains with coffee! Outside of my one hour carb meal, I do not eat anything that is sugar free or low carb products. Even if zero calories, those things still mess with my metabolism and cause insulin surges.

I am on the CAD/CALP hangout threads. You can see how I am very slowly losing weight eating crazy good calorie rich foods and never hungry, no cravings. NOT a diet for me!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 02-19-2014 at 11:51 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 04:25 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone, glad to report that I am back on track after eating too many carbs from a Thai meal. On the IF/LC I am on, I normally lose .8 everyother day. Its a good day for me. Hope you have a great day !
Old 02-20-2014, 04:28 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I do not eat anything that is sugar free or low carb products. Even if zero calories, those things still mess with my metabolism and cause insulin surges.
MIW
Hi MIW,
Along what you have said above, I also find that I need to watch the sugar alcohols(sugarfree). I find that these metabolize just fine for me. In addition I have to watch the dairy products because they can inhibit weight loss.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
I am trying the one meal a day form of IF. So Far I'm down 2lbs. I have been doing CAD, but losses were slow to none for me. I'm not sure if I was following it correctly, but for the most part I was having two CM's of meat, eggs, cheese, w/ low carb veggies, and 1 RM with meat, lc veggies, salad, and dessert. Pretty much only lost 3 lbs over the course of a month and that's where it stayed, so now I'm just trying whatever I can to get the scales moving. Maybe I was still consuming too many calories the other way. Idk, but sure want to find what works that I can live with. Was JUDDDing for a long time, but I just fall off the wagon to much on DD's to have any success. It was a total pain not to be able to eat with my family every other day.