Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Definitely can get a sugar hangover. Feels like flu sometimes. We all have these events, tho.
Yep--"like flu" pretty much describes it.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Still trying to fine tune things...was having a problem, finally figured out it was because I wasn't eating enough protein, and having mostly vegetables, just really wasn't working for me. So I looked at the Big Breakfast info, because also figuring out that it isn't working to eat late for my RM....But I don't think I can eat that much that early.
What has been working for me the last couple days, is skipping breakfast, except for some decaf and cream with my Rxs. And sometime around noon having my big breakfast/rm. And have found I haven't had to eat anymore, just that one meal a day. I really had big servings of protein and not so much vegetables, and it seemed to fit. I sleep pretty late, sometimes 8 am, so if I eat around 12 that sort of is breakfast??? (rationalizing). Anyway, finding my way around, and so far it's o.k. I would eat a small cm if I needed it, but so far haven't been hungry or felt like I needed refueling at all. It sure helps not to still have food in my stomach at bedtime, and getting the reflux, so this may be what I will stick with until it doesn't work anymore. I would appreciate any feedback that you more experienced CAD folks have on this timing thing.
Yes, that is fine! I got tired of trying to rush eating so early because it just simply was too stressful getting everyone up, ready, plus getting all my food prepped and trying to have my hour to enjoy it. It just wasn't happening. Plus I just naturally am not hungry first thing but I have got more and more used to eating a big meal earlier. I just eat anytime between 10-12 most days as I am usually hungry the most in those time frames, plus I have got the kids ready and off to school, morning putzing around done by then so I have time to cook and eat. I just think the earlier the better as I know I do feel better and sleep better. And I find on midday meals (I coined The Large Lunch Diet, LOL!) that it is easy to fast both before and after that meal so if anyone is wanting to try a One Meal a Day type of thing for extreme Intermittent Fasting it is probably going to be the easiest. The rest of the day for me I only drink water or herbal teas. No sugar free, no caffeine. I have been doing more and more CM's lately with decaf iced Americanos with cream and a couple of boiled eggs or just some meat and salad. For me I don't "have to" be a one meal only person. I just take it day by day and eat whatever feels natural for that day.

MIW
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. A good day for those of us Washingtonians!

I saw a post a bit back (I think by Sanctified) about heart racing after eating: Read The Stress Eating Cure by the Heller's. They talk about that in there and go into some detail about the other hormones that cause issues for carb addict's besides insulin. I found it insightful if not helpful.

Glad to see everyone doing well. I am glad KatMck posted about how slow her results were in the beginning. As time goes on you will see the overall downward trend. Just keep at it everyone!

Glad also to see Jaymar and Beadelia's posts again! Don't follow anyone's plan but your own that works good for you. I just like to share what I am up to but I do take it day by day like everyone else and have good days and bad days. If I get hungry I eat more. Plain and simple. Other days I don't simply because there is no hunger. Other days I walk the line and white knuckle it a bit but even with that this WOE is still so much easier and enjoyable than those constant starvation diets that I seemed to put up with in my past.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 02-03-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday (Super BOWL -he he 2 legalized marijuana states, LOL) meal was a one meal day only while at work. Was a typical potluck and I didn't eat much at all. Like 1/3 of my normal food consumption simply because it was a CRAZY busy day at my hospital and I had to just do a quickie grab and go or I wasn't going to be able to eat at all until like 3pm and there was no way I could hold out that long.

I had about 1 cup of chili
2 boiled eggs
24 ounce decaf iced Americano with cream
3 meatballs
5 tortilla chips
a sprinkling of cheese, tomatoes, onions, dollop of sour cream on the chili
1 small cup fruit punch
2 cupcakes

Very carb heavy but honestly that wouldn't have filled up a 10 inch dinner plate!

Today's RM was breakfast and early since I fully expected to try to get some more protein later yesterday but didn't so I wanted to be sure to get a lot today:

8:45am-9:15am
4 ounces of baked chicken
4 ounces of baked salmon
1 apple
3/4 cup full fat vanilla greek yogurt (like 14 gm per serving!)
24 ounce decaf iced mocha with whole milk (with ice displacement we are talking maybe one cup of milk, about 3 ounces of syrup. The rest is ice and the coffee)
6 oreos

I plan on a big salad and some more baked chicken and salmon later today if I get hungry.

MIW
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Sanctifiedbygrace, if you've been eating really low-carb CMs you should at least have less of a blood sugar spike at your RM, but I don't know if you should expect no spike. I haven't tested my blood sugar after eating my RM, but I think I do get a spike because I often get rapid heartbeats and then fall asleep. Have to admit I'm also often a bit foggy mentally after my RM, and that's not a good sign. I'm working on making my RMs less of a daily pig-out and more the balanced but more relaxed meal it's supposed to be, with LIMITED additional carbs. Most of my RMs aren't balanced at all. Today's was three homemade tacos and a bunch of raw cashews, with orange juice mixed with club soda to wash it down. Not balanced. Typically I'd have topped that off with a couple of cookies, but Emmylou Hairiest was purring on my lap so I fell asleep cuddling her instead. Often my RM is fast food, and saying "balanced fast food" is like saying "dry water."

I live alone, except for the kitten (my husband is in an assisted living facility because of advanced Alzheimer's), and many days it seems like too much of an effort to fix three wholesome meals for one person. However, if I want my quality of life to improve significantly, I just have to do it.

Thanks for the information about healthcheckusa.com. Hope your tests all come out fine, but if, for instance, you do have low thyroid, that can really affect your ability to control weight. (You're lucky to have a doctor who doesn't ride you about your weight--you'd think that all doctors would realize that overweight people know who they are and most struggle with it as best they can, and that if telling people to lose weight did any good there wouldn't be any fat people in America, but they just keep on saying the same hurtful things and prescribing the same useless diets. Sighhhhhh.) Could the change in your hair be due to winter weather?

JMBM--I'm with you on the ranch dressing. I found one in the produce section at Whole Foods that has only two grams of carbohydrate per 2 tablespoon serving, so it works even with CMs. Actually, it only takes about 1 tablespoon to make steamed broccoli or green beans a lot more interesting!
2 gr. Is great. Are you not suppose to eat dressing on a cm? I'm so confused. I don't think I'm doing this right. I'll have salad with ranch dressing for a cm frequently. At least 2 or 3 times a week.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
2 gr. Is great. Are you not suppose to eat dressing on a cm? I'm so confused. I don't think I'm doing this right. I'll have salad with ranch dressing for a cm frequently. At least 2 or 3 times a week.
My understanding is a CM is supposed to be kept around 4 carbs. I always do dressing, but Ranch is about lowest carb dressing.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
My understanding is a CM is supposed to be kept around 4 carbs. I always do dressing, but Ranch is about lowest carb dressing.
I'm a little confused on this point myself. Is it supposed to be 4 carbs per meal, or no individual item with more than 4 carbs? For instance, if I have a 3 carb salad, 2 carbs of dressing, and a serving of ham with one carb, have I blown it? If a veggie is 4 carbs for half a cup but I have 3/4 cup, did I blow it? One thing I love most about this WOE is not having to weigh and measure! Or suppose a dressing has six carbs per 2 tablespoon serving, but I use just 1 tablespoon on my steamed asparagus, am I OK? Mercy, I hope I haven't been overdoing the CMs!

Thanks much.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast: Just tea with whole milk. Wasn’t hungry until around 2.

Lunch: Chicken breast, ˝ leftover loaded baked potato, broccoli, green beans. Sesame sticks and trail mix for dessert.

Dinner: Stir fry with roast beef and assorted veggies. Confession: I don't cut up my own stir fry veggies very often. You can go through the salad bar at Whole Foods, or select your vegetables of choice all cut up from the produce section. Also, most markets have packages of pre-cut stir-fry veggies. Being essentially lazy, I love the convenience. BTW, if I have leftover stir fry, I often scramble it together with a couple of eggs for breakfast, and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

Snack: Two turkey sausages.

Bedtime about one.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

I wouldn't worry too much about the carb content in the CM's. Just stick to the list of CM friendly veggies (keep away from meats with MSG and hidden sweeteners) and stay away from sugary salad dressings like Italian or Honey mustard. Ranch and blue cheese is fine. Especially look for 2gm of carbs per servings or less for the salad drsg and just go for it on the meat and veggies as long as they are on the list and you should be fine!

MIW
Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

211.2 lbs today. Down 1 pound from yesterday and I had a big dinner CM of a large T-bone steak and large mixed green salad with blue cheese. Fingers crossed I am passing out of my plateau!

MIW
Old 02-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Congrats MIW! Isn't it funny how the weight comes off so unevenly? But just so long as it comes off, we'll take it! Hopefully you really are getting off your plateau and will see some more rapid progress for a while.

I've only lost 3 lbs in 4 weeks, but that's 3 lbs more than I'd have lost without CAD. Slow is better than no. And the best part is I haven't felt deprived at all. How could I when every day I could have something really special?

Thanks for your answer about the CMs. I do watch the carb content of meats like sausage, wieners, ham, etc., and really watch for MSG and any additive I can't pronounce. However, I confess that sometimes my stir fries will have small amounts of vegetables like broccoli that aren't on the "legal" list. I may be wrong about this, but I figure that if I just have small amounts, like 1/4 cup, mixed in with the legal veggies, it shouldn't hurt anything.

One thing I learned from years of dealing with hypoglycemia was that what you eat with what counts heavily, because protein and fat help mitigate the immediate effects of sugar and carbs. That even holds true for desserts; even at my most sensitive I could get away with a piece of fat-heavy cheesecake without getting sick, whereas a piece of cherry pie would bring on rapid heartbeat, feelings of depression, shaky legs and like as not a whopping headache. I try to apply that knowledge to CAD, but mostly just try to follow the rules 95% of the way, because that works and is simple.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Thanks for the reply MIW, the Large Lunch seems to be ok for me, been about 5 days now and no pm hunger.
Wow, if the carbs/cm are limited to 4, I was really eating way too many vegetables and too little protein, no wonder I was having problems. In 6 weeks I might have lost 2or 3 lbs, but was hungrier than I am now.
Today for my 1 meal I had about 2 cups of a vegetable soup that I made myself, and 7 oz steak, some cream gravy. Feels like I really ate plenty so am hoping this day goes like the rest of the week.
Again, thanks again everyone, for the help.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

I don't watch for grams of carbs other than the 2gm per serving. I eat probably around 8-10 gms of carbs in my CM's due to the amount of veggies and dressing but I do believe it's the balance and I tend to go fat-protein instead of lean protein. I do believe there is something like she said about the cheesecake vs. the cherry pie thing. There is a book called The Insulin Resistance Diet that was written by an MD (endocrinologist I think) here in Washington state that uses a "link and balance" ratio of protein to carbs. It was too restrictive and too much into portion control for my taste but does bring up the science behind how protein can block the carbs to a degree. The reviews on amazon were excellent and it is just yet another book on the subject I read to get a good overall understanding of diet and IR. I still like the CAD rules the best as it is the easiest and least restrictive. I too almost never feel deprived and I can always just wait until the next day to have another crack at what I have a hankering for! LOL

MIW
Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday's meals:

Breakfast: Tea with milk, 2 eggs fried in Pam and topped with Pace Picante

Lunch: 2 tacos, trail mix, sesame sticks, orange fizz, dried fruit, cheese and crackers. Very unbalanced and very late.

Dinner, also late: Cold roast eye of round with mustard, spinach with mayonnaise.

Bedtime snack: A few sips of a protein drink and 3 sesame chips.

It's been extra cold here in North Central Texas, though nothing compared to what folks farther north have been coping with--no snow so far and the streets are only icy where people have forgotten to turn off the timers on their sprinkling systems. However, it sure seems to affect my desire for carbs. Potato soup, or creamed hamburger over mashed potatoes, or a mountain of macaroni and cheese with a bit of ham, or even--heaven forbid--a Big Mac combo with extra fries, are all the things that sound good right now. Followed by warm brownies, of course. Sure be glad when the weather warms up! (It was 73 one day last week--nice!) Meantime, I pray for strength and live for my RMs.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

211.2 lbs again today! Hope it keeps on going!

MIW
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
211.2 lbs again today! Hope it keeps on going!

MIW

Good for you!! You are incentive for me to stay on plan better
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Bea- Love the slow rather than no slogan. lol

MIW thanks for the insights on the CM. I don't think I've been watching like I should. I've been having salads w/ ranch and cm friendly veggies (w/ the exception of a few red onion ringlets thrown in and about three cherry tomatoes sliced in half. I've just been eating turkey bacon and 1 egg for breakfast (no veggies). Is that ok for a cm? Lunches are usually meat and green beans. I'm not sure about how many carbs are in ham?
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Bea- Love the slow rather than no slogan. lol

MIW thanks for the insights on the CM. I don't think I've been watching like I should. I've been having salads w/ ranch and cm friendly veggies (w/ the exception of a few red onion ringlets thrown in and about three cherry tomatoes sliced in half. I've just been eating turkey bacon and 1 egg for breakfast (no veggies). Is that ok for a cm? Lunches are usually meat and green beans. I'm not sure about how many carbs are in ham?
I think it sounds reasonable. Double check the list at the start of the thread but I am sure a small amount of onions and tomatos are allowed during CM's. Also remember that the Heller's didn't study YOU, only you can do that so just watch the scale and add new things because even though things are on the list and according to the rules somethings may cause you to gain and other people can eat them without issues and vice versa.

MIW
Old 02-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
So, my eating hasn't been amazing this week. I went out drinking a couple of nights ago and have been paying for it. Been up to 117 one day, down to 116 and change the next, 117 flat again today. I thought I had already learned this lesson, but apparently not--drinking alcohol spikes your insulin, even low carb alcohol!

*smacks own hand with ruler*

Monday I ate a Chipotle RM, very nicely balanced, and low carb meatloaf and veggies for dinner. I also had a slice of cheese for a snack.

Tuesday I ate a chicken salad burger and a beer brat for RM and then ANOTHER RM of my usual ham and cheese sandwich with porkrinds and a chocolate bar. Being hungover is my only explanation, and I was not pleased with myself today.

Today I had tuna patties for breakfast and then my usual ham and cheese sandwich with pork rinds RM. No chocolate for me today. Hoping the scale is nice to me tomorrow, and that I'll eat more veggies!

Last edited by KatMck; 02-05-2014 at 10:03 PM..
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
211.2 lbs today. Down 1 pound from yesterday and I had a big dinner CM of a large T-bone steak and large mixed green salad with blue cheese. Fingers crossed I am passing out of my plateau!MIW
Whoop whoop!!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi Girls,
I haven't left the scene. My dad had a terrible fall and broke his neck so I have been in ICU with him for 10 days. The only thing I have changed diet wise is the fact that I am eating 2 cms and a rm now to see if it makes me burn more. I firmly believed in the Big Breakfast Diet so that is why I am determined to have a cm in the morning. This morning it was a 2 egg and cream cheese omelet, 3 pcs. bacon and coffee with milk. Lunch is steak and green beans with olive oil and ranch. Dinner to be determined. I have been eating late too after getting home and my weight is at 109.5.

Funny that I was asking the nurse if her late night shifts affected her diet and life and she said "Oh yes, you know that circadium rhythm gets messed up. Your body wasn't meant to do this. Funny that Dr. J. in the BBD mentions this a lot. So that is why I am determined to eat a breakfast even if it is just a cm one. It will be a big one and lunch medium but according to CAD guidelines (4 or 6 oz. protein and salad). I don't measure.

Exercise is still running. I try to run every day but honestly exercise is not the key to weight loss. I have done countless fruit diets and gained while running miles a day.

Gotta get to school and teach my first graders..........talk later. Keep posting food logs. I think they help the most.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/208/140
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Jan 2014
Everyone seems to be doing good. Haven't posted for a couple of days because I am doing the Reboot so not eating CAD. Went from 208.4 to 202.2 at the beginning of my 4th day so that is amazing but I don't know anything about this way of eating so am not condoning it right now. VERY healthy eating which I love. These days have been transitioning from eating real foods to the 10 day juice fast. Eating only fruits and veggies and the calorie count is 1000-1200. Today will be the first day to eat only soups, smoothies and juices. It is the transition day to the fast. Don't crave anything. I am really hoping this will help me to transition to a really healthy CAD way of eating with bread/pasta/sweets being extremely limited since I don't crave them. First weight is water weight so we will see how it all goes. This is the juice reboot from Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

Have a great week. I read all your posts everyday but didn't want to sidetrack the thread with all my eating postings since it does have fruit and veggies like carrots at almost every meal which wouldn't really work with CAD.
Sanctifiedbygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Oriana, I'm so sorry about your dad. This really sounds bad -- they don't keep you in ICU for ten days unless it's very serious. Please keep us posted.

Hang in there, KatMcK--we all come to turns where we spin, but it sounds like you're getting yourself back on course.

MIW, thanks for your input on veggies. I don't eat the starchy ones at CMs, but do check carb contents and can't see how a little onion, zucchini or broccoli in a stir fry or a salad could hurt much, and I often have a few cherry tomatoes with CMs for their lively flavor. As long as I keep losing I'll assume that adding these things to CMs isn't hurting anything. As you said to JMBM, we each have to study ourselves and determine how we need to tweak CAD to work for us individually.

Today I was 195.8, a new low, but it took me three full days to get back down to (and a hair past) my pre-Super Bowl weight of 196. (I started at 202.8 at the end of December, but 2 lbs of that was water weight that came off the first day on CAD--the rest has been real weight and I can thank CAD for the loss.)

Yesterday I complained about the cold in the Dallas area but said we hadn't had any snow. I spoke too soon. When I looked out the window this morning my street was white and more was coming down, fine and powdery, so I cancelled plans to spend the morning with my husband at his assisted living facility. Fortunately, he has no concept of time and won't remember that I usually come Thursday mornings, or for that matter that it is Thursday. The bad news is that he tends to get more irrational and even delusional if the weather is dark for several days in a row, and so do several of the other residents. Alzheimer's is the pits, and now they're saying that eating a lot of sugar increases your likelihood of getting it! If that isn't reason for controlling your sugar intake and your insulin output, I don't know what is!

Yesterday's meals were:

Breakfast: Tea with milk, 2 eggs fried in Pam and topped with Pace picante, 2 turkey sausages.

Lunch: 2 homemade tacos (I make seasoned taco meat a pound at a time to keep on hand), salad with bleu cheese dressing, trail mix, sesame sticks, dried fruit, orange fizz.

Dinner: Roast beef and asparagus with mayonnaise.

Snack: about half a protein drink, a few raisins, and a few sesame chips. Not the best choice.

Bedtime about half past midnight. I really need to do something about my night owl habits, because then I sleep later in the morning and my eating schedule is thrown off. Unfortunately, Emmylou Hairiest is also a night owl, and despite my efforts to tire her out earlier in the evening, she gets her second wind at bedtime and wants to play. But that kitten sure keeps me laughing.

Y'all have a good one.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the new low, Beadelia! This is a slow but sure way to lose!

I am paying even more than that hangover. Felt sick yesterday and was hoping it was just allergies, but I woke up and am full-blown sick today. Curses and drat!

It's going to be hard not to just go crazy and eat whatever I want because I usually coddle myself when I'm sick. So far so good, even turned down my chocolate bar today at RM and had a nice comfort meal without going overboard.

Lunch RM: grilled cheese sandwich, roasted brussel sprouts, raw carrots, a cup of vegetable broth.

Tonight will be meatballs or chicken and veggies. Here's hoping I can stay strong. I am a big cupcake eater when I'm sick!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

KatMcK, I'm sorry you're still feeling puny, and hope you aren't coming down with the flu or something. Heaven knows there's enough of it around. I hear you about coddling yourself when you're sick--it's easy to tell yourself that you deserve to eat whatever appeals to you, and that you'll make up for it later. For me, comfort food is tapioca or rice pudding, and of course it turns itself into weight almost at once. And as I've just proved to myself (again!), it takes days and days of virtue to make up for even one day of wild indulgence. Doesn't seem fair, but my mother used to tell me that life wasn't! Hope you feel lots better soon.

Mmmm, that grilled cheese sounds good! But so do the meatballs. Hang in there--this too shall pass.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Hi Girls,
I haven't left the scene. My dad had a terrible fall and broke his neck so I have been in ICU with him for 10 days. The only thing I have changed diet wise is the fact that I am eating 2 cms and a rm now to see if it makes me burn more. I firmly believed in the Big Breakfast Diet so that is why I am determined to have a cm in the morning. This morning it was a 2 egg and cream cheese omelet, 3 pcs. bacon and coffee with milk. Lunch is steak and green beans with olive oil and ranch. Dinner to be determined. I have been eating late too after getting home and my weight is at 109.5.
Good to see you again, Oriana, but so sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope all turns out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
For me, comfort food is tapioca or rice pudding, and of course it turns itself into weight almost at once. And as I've just proved to myself (again!), it takes days and days of virtue to make up for even one day of wild indulgence..

So true and so unfair. I think I made it tonight, even though I've been craving sweets like crazy. I had another cup of vegetable broth and chicken and veggies. I might have another cup of veggie broth if this keeps up, but I stuck to the diet.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:50 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Yesterday after my 2 cms had my rm late at 8 p.m. so I'm up 110.5. I had a raisin bagel with cream cheese, plate of raw broccoli and tomatoes with ranch, can of pepsi, lg. pc. of peach cobbler with whipped cream. Today's cms are 2 cheese sticks with coffee and half and half for breakfast. Lunch will be 5 oz. steak, salad with ranch. I'll let you know what my rm will be.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

KatMcK, good for you for sticking to the diet through a difficult day. Wish I'd followed your example instead of trying to treat a headache with food. I'm up a bit this morning, but think at least some of it is intestinal contents, since I had a late dinner and snacked heavily at night.

After seven full days of keeping a food diary and posting my meals, staying away from fast food, and trying (not always successfully) to follow CAD strictly, I averaged my weights and found myself down 1.1 lbs. That's definitely better than I was getting in the weeks when compliance was half-hearted at best. Some of those weeks I managed only half a pound or less--especially if my RMs came from McDonalds or Taco Bell. A pound a week is what I was really hoping for when I started CAD. It works if you follow it. And I'd better follow it, because even if I continue losing a pound a week it will take me well over a year to get down to where I want to be. I don't expect to get back to the 106 I weighed when I married at age 26, but at 5'1" I'd like to be a lot closer than I am now!

Yesterday's meals were:

Breakfast: Frittata with eggs, ham, spinach and cheese. Tea with milk

Lunch: 3 tacos, orange fizz, dried fruit for dessert.

Dinner: Roast beef, spinach with mayo.

Snacks: Tea with milk (needed strong caffeine for a headache), too much trail mix and too many sesame sticks. Shoulda had cheese sticks instead.

I think I actually got to bed before midnight for once.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Oriana- so sorry about your father and I hope he heals up and recovers and you all are wonderful to be there for him during this time. Take care of yourself too!

KatMck- I too had some alcohol this week so goodbye 211.2 and hello 214.2! LOL Oh well... I've also been indulging in some carb heavy meals of homemade enchiladas. I always make a HUGE tray of them so we are on day 3 and I am sure that is part of it. Lots of meat and cheese but something about all flour tortiallas and some beer to wash them down... LOL Not to mention my chocolate. I am also wondering if my having CM's with the Americanos with cream or just having them by themselves according to the coffee rule (consumed under 15 minutes) could be part of the issue for the rise but in all honesty the day I drank the beer and some whiskey with pepsi I was wondering if it would take a day or two to show up on the scale and it did.

MIW
Old 02-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Today: 214.2 lbs

RM 10:20-11:20am:

1 large beef enchilada with sour cream
1 med size pork chop