Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/208/140
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Jan 2014
Clarification

Can't figure out how to edit within my post. Obviously I hope you all know I meant for my 5'6" frame that 140 was healthy. I know for some of you 108 is healthy for your height and frame. I was just making a comment on what society views as ideal numbers. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Sanctifiedbygrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Welcome, SanctifiedbyGrace!

Just an update on weight and meals from me--after the day I was 119.0 a bit ago, I was 118.8 for three days straight. 119.0 again today after another burrito meal last night, ha ha! It's okay, TOM should be tomorrow or day after. I know I'll dip again after TOM.

Yesterday, I had low carb chicken-crust pizza for breakfast and then two and a half big burritos filled with chicken, cheese, cilantro, sour cream and onion for RM, plus pudding.

Today, two burritos for breakfast RM plus more pudding, and then steak and veggies for lunch. I'm going to eat chicken and veggies if I feel hungry tonight.

Last edited by KatMck; 01-20-2014 at 03:24 PM..
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
How do you do the stats ???
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I think it's under user control.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janelle112289
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Welcome, SanctifiedbyGrace!

Just an update on weight and meals from me--after the day I was 119.0 a bit ago, I was 118.8 for three days straight. 119.0 again today after another burrito meal last night, ha ha! It's okay, TOM should be tomorrow or day after. I know I'll dip again after TOM.

Yesterday, I had low carb chicken-crust pizza for breakfast and then two and a half big burritos filled with chicken, cheese, cilantro, sour cream and onion for RM, plus pudding.

Today, two burritos for breakfast RM plus more pudding, and then steak and veggies for lunch. I'm going to eat chicken and veggies if I feel hungry tonight.
Hey Kat,
You seem like you're making tons of progress! Do you switch your RMs around to whenever you feel like it? And what sort of exercise do you do? I'm just asking because you've been making great headway!
Janelle112289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Janelle.

I switch my RM around sometimes, but I usually try to stick to RMs at lunchtime because I've found it works best for my weight loss.

I haven't been working out like I should this winter, but I usually work out 3-5 times a week, generally at least an hour or two of flexibility training and then everything else is aerial work on the lyra/aerial hoop or other aerial apparatus for around an hour at a time.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctifiedbygrace View Post
Oh something else funny. My DD is 13 and my height. She weighed the other day just because she was curious. She was 108. It is funny that we feel as grown women, who in most cases have borne children or exercise extensively, etc, that we should weigh what a prepubescent child does. Our world is off their rockers!

So I will work for 140 as a victor in life who has borne 2 children, suffered through life's heartaches and survived and I will enjoy the fact that those extra pounds mean I am a WOMAN!!!!!
I don't log my food often either. When I do it is to encourage others as I do HIGH CALORIE weight loss and it is slow but happening! I want others to see they don't have to starve.

I know when I weighed 140 lbs I was HOT! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oriana, in the upper Left corner of the screen is a link called User Control Panel. From there you can edit all sorts of things and do stats, signature, etc.

MIW
Old 01-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I would also love to see your stats, Oriana! I think you said you're short like me! I'm 5'1.

118.4 today, and I feel so excited about a weight drop so close to TOM that I'm eating tilapia and asparagus for lunch. I'll probably have a ham and cheese sandwich RM tonight. I might add some chocolate to the meal if I'm craving, but I'm going to try to hold off and keep the momentum.

I've been so good with my soda habit lately, but when TOM comes along I slip up. There's a bottle of Coke Zero in the fridge that I've been sucking down. Going to try to limit it to RM, but not sure if I have that kind of willpower at the moment!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Does anyone know if antibiotics like Z Pak cause water retention? I seem to be retaining a LOT of water right now.

Headed to store Wed so will officially start on Thurs morning but not eating processed stuff right now to transition until can go to the store then. Anyone else feel better when they have the right things in their house?

Being sick I have just been trying to not eat junk. I am really motivated o be a good example when I start. I really am happy to have this accountability so that's why I was honest I didn't start today. Did have omelet with veggies but added toast. I know this is not CAD so wanted to be honest that I am not officially starting till Thurs morning. So close and yet toast. . .

Does anyone else feel so free from the Heller's book that they want to do well even to help show others the Heller's were right? I know that may sound silly but from my "everything in moderation" standpoint I really think their research has been more healthful than most out there.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thelasttime
Stats: 203/194/165
WOE: CAD/One Meal a Day/ Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: January 2014
Hello,

This weekend was a little rough. I did a lot of stress eating... and I am eager to get back on track. I haven't eaten anything yet today, and I am getting ready to make my RM.

I usually weight myself everyday, but am thinking of averaging my weekly weights like I know some of you do. Do you find that that helps give you a more accurate picture of how you are doing?

Hope everyone is doing well and welcome to those of you who are new!!
thelasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctifiedbygrace View Post
Does anyone know if antibiotics like Z Pak cause water retention? I seem to be retaining a LOT of water right now.

Headed to store Wed so will officially start on Thurs morning but not eating processed stuff right now to transition until can go to the store then. Anyone else feel better when they have the right things in their house?

Being sick I have just been trying to not eat junk. I am really motivated o be a good example when I start. I really am happy to have this accountability so that's why I was honest I didn't start today. Did have omelet with veggies but added toast. I know this is not CAD so wanted to be honest that I am not officially starting till Thurs morning. So close and yet toast. . .

Does anyone else feel so free from the Heller's book that they want to do well even to help show others the Heller's were right? I know that may sound silly but from my "everything in moderation" standpoint I really think their research has been more healthful than most out there.
I do think the Z paks cause water retention.

And I understand the hoping it works to give others a chance at success too. I see too many people that have dieted for years.....and gain weight.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I had a late rm dinner and was up 2.5 pounds. I know that eating early allows me to eat more without gains. I had had this same steak, salad, ice cream lunch after eating a BB too the other day and only gained 1/2 pound. I think the Big Breakfast revs up the metabolism for the day. Dr. J. says NEVER to skip breakfast and I am starting to wonder if she has something there. I really don't like fasting all day and yesterday I had even fasted 30 hours and still gained !!! Today is fruit and chocolate for my rm. I know it is unbalanced but that is what I feel like.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Hi everyone. I am not new to Low Carb Friends but am new to this section.

Started Atkins again on Jan. 2 . Lost a few pounds. Gained a couple back.

I am only looking to lose a small amount. Today I weigh 144 and would be thrilled to get to 130. I will take 135 too.

I am going to try using CAD with IF. At least I can eat dinner with my family every evening even if there are carbs. Right now I have to find myself something else. Not fun. I don't mind doing it if I am getting results. But if not, it isn't worth it.

Question at the RM do you put everything on one plate? I see some of you eat a few different things including sweets. Do you put it all on the plate together? The instructions talk about dividing your plate up. Also do you all eat a salad at every RM? What about dinners that are like casseroles or soups etc. You can't divide you plate if the foods are all together. Okay I guess that's three questions. Sorry if they're dumb questions.

I am going to try a six hour window. We usually eat dinner between 5 and 5:30. So if I do a RM brunch at about 11:30 or 12 it should hold me until dinner.

Thanks everyone.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Ladyathome! There was a poster here on the 2013 hangout that saw Dr. Atkins at a conference who said CAD was a good plan and he recommended it

For the balance: Yes, that is CALP. You have a salad, then 1/3 serving of protein,low carb veggies, carb of your choice.

You can just eyeball it and eat soups, etc. I don't follow it strictly but many who do have the best results. I have found that I can eat 1 part protein/fat, 2 parts veggies, and 2 parts carbs and still lose. I am not recommmending it but I have pushed the limits quite a bit and found I am still slowly losing. Basically I feel no matter how you follow CAD or CALP it works! However it is slow and sometimes the only way you will be able to see the loss is by daily wts, weekly avg, then avg the weeks against themselves. I have seen as little as a half pound loss in a month but only by doing the avgs. Just spot checking would not pick that up.

MIW
Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-227)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Am happy to be at peace with CAD, after trying a few things. I can't eat sugar without getting ill, even on RMs, and I think there is some in food we don't even know about, so that I won't obscess about. It was fun trying desserts that "normies" can eat, I got some cookies, Pie, and cake when I first started in Nov and rationed it out for the RMs, and found it gave me stomach aches and nausea, and I didn't even like the taste. But it was fun to try, makes me feel a lot less deprived when I see others eating those things. Bless everyone who can. With some other tweaking I am ready to start in earnest. I didn't gain any weight during that trial and error, my have even lost 5# in the two months. I have to take a bunch of prescription meds for chronic illness, and that slows me down, but I can still lose weight this way, just not very fast. Starting to exercise a little after a couple months off (injuries, self inflicted), and that feels good, too.

Last edited by nitenurse; 01-22-2014 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Am happy to be at peace with CAD, after trying a few things. I can't eat sugar without getting ill, even on RMs, and I think there is some in food we don't even know about, so that I won't obscess about. It was fun trying desserts that "normies" can eat, I got some cookies, Pie, and cake when I first started in Nov and rationed it out for the RMs, and found it gave me stomach aches and nausea, and I didn't even like the taste. But it was fun to try, makes me feel a lot less deprived when I see others eating those things. Bless everyone who can. With some other tweaking I am ready to start in earnest. I didn't gain any weight during that trial and error, my have even lost 5# in the two months. I have to take a bunch of prescription meds for chronic illness, and that slows me down, but I can still lose weight this way, just not very fast. Starting to exercise a little after a couple months off (injuries, self inflicted), and that feels good, too.
Glad you are seeing the benenfits and keep at it!

MIW
Old 01-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
OK, so here is my food today. Doing IF with CAD. 12:30 pm I ate a bacon and cheese omelet. That was my CM. At 5:30 pm I had chili , rice and crackers. I sprinkled a little cheese on it. I had seconds but it was a small serving. Then I decided to have an orange. I ended up only eating half of it. I didn't do a salad. I will have to plan ahead better tomorrow to have the salad.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

today, had some chicken patties, zucchini fried with almond flour, while cooking a spinach cottage cheese pie and shrimp aspic (will be my cms the next week). All done during my rm hour. Hope these foods I'm choosing now will work better for me, they are legal with CAD, but some things have not worked for me in the past, think getting back to lower carb will be the ticket. The only thing I'm doing different, I used a lot of nuts on Atkins, but seem to not be allowed except at RMs, which is ok, just can't figure out why. Time and the scale will let me know in a week or so.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Day 1 Back on CAD

So happy to hear good stuff from everyone.

Today went great. So glad to be back on CAD. This WOE actually gives me joy because it is SO freeing.

Had an omelet with cheese and a little bit of sausage filled it with veggies including beet leaves I had sautéed which were actually nice. Coffee with heavy whip and coconut sugar which is low glycemic and doesn't trigger a blood sugar spike in me so I had NO cravings today. in fact skipped lunch and just had a small piece of cheese. Oh and 1/2 cup of chia spice tea brewed from bag with a splash of heavy whipping cream. May switch out my coffee for that a few days. Made it without 1 craving all day then had RM at 7:30 out to eat - club sandwich with sweet potato fries and unsweet tea. No salad but I will try better on that each day. Didn't even want a dessert so that is HUGE for me.

Thanks for the info on the Z pak. We will see how weight goes tomorrow. I have been 208.4 for 2 days not doing CAD so the next few days should be interesting.

Only people who go through this struggle understand what a crazy day by day thing it is. Thanks to all of you for sharing. Have a good evening!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Almond Flour

Nitenurse - can I use almond flour the same way for breading I use regular flour? I know we are talking more calories because it is ground almonds but what is the carb content or would that even matter? Is there a special way to cook it. Any info would be great.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hi, Everyone, I have been out of town for the last couple of months, and have been reading your posts, but still have some to catch up on.. thank you all, especially MIW, for all your great and informative posts. . I have been dealing with a problem for a few months that has almost driven me nuts. . an allergic reaction to what the Dr thinks is sulfa.. well, every time it clears up, it comes back with a vengeance. . and after a few months, he takes me off of my diuretic, because it Has some sulfates in it. . because I have followed the CALP woe, I have still been able to lose a few pounds. I have had to make some adjustments, but have basically tried to stick to the plan. thank you all so much for being here and sharing information, it has helped me to hang on and not give up on my weight loss journey..

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
P.S. Just wanted to explain, I said thanks, especially to MIW because when I first found this place, she consistently posted her menus, and shared, even when sometimes there was only an occasional other poster.. she stayed with it and now, I am happy to see so many new people here. and , thanks to all of you.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Welcome jaymar! Sorry about the allergies. I have heard of that but don't know much about the sulfas so hope it isn't in everything. Glad to see you are feeling positive though.

Weighed today for my 1st day and 206.4 so down 2.5 lbs. That is when I am TOM so that was interesting. I will average for the week from Thurs to Thurs but having that water weight gone for now is so wonderful. Happy day to all of you!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Hello everyone I've been reading this thread with great interest. Really sounds doable for me. I have been JUDDDing since last Feb. on/off. JUDDD does work if you are diligent to stay on track, but I found that I so often bounced around the same 5 lbs for months, so idk if that's working for me. Plus I work on my feet all day so having nothing to eat all day makes me woozy at times. I'm not sure of the exact title of the CAD/CALP book or author's names, but I would like to order it if anyone has this info? I tried the BBD for a while, but just found that it was too difficult for me to do that much cooking that early in the morning. Hope maybe I can find something to get off these last 30 lbs.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the way I use almond flour for breading (can also use grated parmesan cheese, or coconut flour, or any combination of the three). I first dip the chicken into egg white (I use the bottled kind, just white, but you could use whole eggs, or fresh egg whites, beaten), anyway, turn in just a minimal amount of that, and then into the breading. I actually put it on with a spoon, and use the spoon back to PRESS the flour into the egg-whited meat. That helps it stick on a little, and then fry as usual. I use olive oil sometimes mixed with a little butter. Turn very carefully. It does stay on better if you press it in like that.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

ordered CALP and BBD books

Not sure which one is better but guess I'll just have to read both and see which one gives me the best results. Tried winging the BBD on my own before but had trouble getting food prepared and eaten and cleaning up the mess all before leaving for work. I am just really hoping to find a WOE that I can live with. Books should be in by the 27th but am going to attempt to start based on what I've read on this thread. Wish me luck!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Not sure which one is better but guess I'll just have to read both and see which one gives me the best results. Tried winging the BBD on my own before but had trouble getting food prepared and eaten and cleaning up the mess all before leaving for work. I am just really hoping to find a WOE that I can live with. Books should be in by the 27th but am going to attempt to start based on what I've read on this thread. Wish me luck!
Welcome. Glad to have you.

Good for you~!!! This is something that a person CAN live with. I need to cut back on my evening meals......Eating lunch is my CM because I have no control over what is cooked, only my portions. Supper I can have control over, If I choose to. BF has become a LC habit now.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Welcome. Glad to have you.

Good for you~!!! This is something that a person CAN live with. I need to cut back on my evening meals......Eating lunch is my CM because I have no control over what is cooked, only my portions. Supper I can have control over, If I choose to. BF has become a LC habit now.
I started today. I hope I have enough information to get started until my books get here. Just hoping for results. I can do low carb as long as at some point I can have something with carbs.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

These are my meals for the day

B: Scr eggs and bacon
L: Grilled chicken salad w/ tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and ranch
D: 8 oz sirloin, broccoli, salad, dessert

Does this look within the guidelines anyone?

Weight: 159.3

Last edited by JMBM; 01-25-2014 at 07:23 AM..