Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Way to go Katmck!!! Keep it up and don't stop the momentum!
Thank you! I was 119.0 today, so definitely up, but not as bad as I expected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Kat how many calories have you been eating? Have you been eating less?
It's pretty close to my TOM and I get really hungry. The other day I felt horrible cravings after eating a burrito, so I went online to the website and checked calories, and I ate 1100 calories for that meal and then 600 - 700 (give or take) calories for dinner. That's just a guess as I didn't check my dinner totals. Calorie counting makes me crazy!

Quote:
Well I for one am doing great despite the scale trying it's hardest to upset me. I went from 214 to 212.2 and 212.4 then the last 2 days being 213.8 despite eating less!

However I do know TOM is fast approaching so I am chalking it up to the monthly ebb and flow of hormones and water shifts.

The reason I am doing great: I am not hungry, not having cravings, and my 10 year anniversary ring (lost my real wedding ring and this one is bigger and better and has been doing stand-in) is as lose as ever, even on my right hand which the ring finger is bigger. Also, I have not been exercising but I am looking great and can see a very nice pear shape and my butt is looking very round and perky! LOL

Basically I am liking what I am seeing in the mirror and can feel the difference. Also, I went ahead and ordered some new bras even though I was waiting until I got to the 200 range. They are just so loose there is no way I can wait any longer!
Awesome! I've definitely found with this WOE that you sometimes feel the differences before you see them on the scale. I think not feeling cravings is a gift in itself.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janelle112289
Quote:
Janelle- you are sooooo close to "my" goal wt that I am rooting for you! How about you do a compromise of each thing and instead of counting calories which might make you neurotic about it just make a conscious effort to just eat less or eat until you are full and then stop. I have recently made changes from eating ice cream coffee shakes to whole milk iced mochas and not trying to cram in a certain amount of calories but just eating until I feel full and being fine with it.

For me I am the exact opposite and have to work against eating too many calories becauses I freak out at the idea of eating low calorie to lose weight. To me that registers how I dieted myself from 140-150 up into the 230's.... But I know I can't eat extreme high calorie and lose forever either.

MIW

Yayy, thanks for rooting for me!! I gain weight when I eat too few calories too, which ironically happens when I don't count calories. I naturally don't get hungry until the afternoon and then want to eat just one normally sized meal. So I now have to make the effort to eat more meals but follow my satiety cues for those meals. Plus, i work out, so I need the extra fuel! I'll keep posting my progress here. This morning was 139.0. My goal weight is 130.
Janelle112289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle112289 View Post
Yayy, thanks for rooting for me!! I gain weight when I eat too few calories too, which ironically happens when I don't count calories. I naturally don't get hungry until the afternoon and then want to eat just one normally sized meal. So I now have to make the effort to eat more meals but follow my satiety cues for those meals. Plus, i work out, so I need the extra fuel! I'll keep posting my progress here. This morning was 139.0. My goal weight is 130.
Well it is nice to hear from others (I know we are out there) who are into higher calorie weight loss

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Wonderful news! I'm still holding my breath for a bump from all the sodium yesterday, but today I weighed 118.6! I did a happy dance and tried on all my old shorts that wouldn't fit, and now they do!

I just realized that at this point I'm almost 40 lbs down from my high in the 150s. I think I'm going to keep trying for 115, a pipe dream just a few months ago!

On another note, I really understand now what the Hellers were talking about with cravings after an insulin surge. After my RM yesterday, I still felt starving. I had no idea why since I checked online and had eaten a 1,000 calorie+ meal. I held on and the cravings subsided after a couple of hours, but I almost gave in.
Congrats on the losses!! I need some of your willpower.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Congrats on the losses!! I need some of your willpower.
Thank you! I'm not sure if it's willpower or just that this WOE really clicked with me, and I have tried them all! Keto, Atkins, Allie (that was fun, *snort*), Weight Watchers, calorie restriction, the Dukan diet, 3 Day Diet, the cabbage soup diet, the brown rice fast, 5:2, just to name a few!

I'm losing much more quickly than my usual as well, weird for me. Usually the pounds iiiiinch off. The last time I got to this weight was back in 2010-2011, and it took me from October of 2010 until almost April 2011 to lose 10 lbs. This time around it took me about half of that time.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle112289 View Post
I've been bouncing around this week. Started at 140.4 and I've seen 138.8 141.4 137 this week. Hoping to get back to 137, that'll be a new low! I had just started a new heavy lifting program the day before I saw the 141.4, so I hope that was just water weight from sore muscles. I've been eating basically the same thing this week:
CM breakfast of 2 eggs, about 2 ounces chicken, and zucchini soup
CM lunch of 4-6 ounces of either chicken, pork, or beef with iceberg lettuce and cucumber or some sort of green veggies
RM dinner of 4-6 ounces of some chicken, pork, or beef with a green veggie, a serving of starchy vegetables and a green smoothie.
I'm trying REALLY hard not to count calories because it takes up so much of time and makes me feel a little neurotic, but honestly, that's been the hardest part of this. I know I 'can' count if I wanted to, but I want to make this as much of WOE/WOL as possible and don't want to count forever.
Looks like you're coming in for a good amount of loss this week! BTW, I hate counting calories as well, but it looks like you eat insanely healthily anyway!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think the fruit is triggering too much hunger. I am back to eating my one meal a day. Tail between legs..............
Glad you are back.

Fruit may be healthy, but eating just fruit just makes me hungrier and hungrier....
Old 01-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thelasttime
Stats: 203/194/165
WOE: CAD/One Meal a Day/ Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: January 2014
Hello! I am new here... but have been lurking for awhile. Here is my story in a nutshell: My weight has gone up and down my whole life. However, about three years ago I gained a significant amount of weight and have been unable to lose it. I have felt that something is just not right with my body... but have been told by my doctor that the problem is that I am overweight and I need to eat less and exercise more (as I was doing Weight Watchers and training for a half marathon!). I feel like I have tried every diet out there, but the only thing I have ever really been sucessful with is CAD. I usually get tired of the complimentary meals and do mostly just do one RM a day. Because I know I have an issue with carbs I started hardcore Atkins Induction a few weeks ago. I was surprised to have very little success with that. Now I have switched back to CAD and the scale is starting to move. :-)
thelasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasttime View Post
Hello! I am new here... but have been lurking for awhile. Here is my story in a nutshell: My weight has gone up and down my whole life. However, about three years ago I gained a significant amount of weight and have been unable to lose it. I have felt that something is just not right with my body... but have been told by my doctor that the problem is that I am overweight and I need to eat less and exercise more (as I was doing Weight Watchers and training for a half marathon!). I feel like I have tried every diet out there, but the only thing I have ever really been sucessful with is CAD. I usually get tired of the complimentary meals and do mostly just do one RM a day. Because I know I have an issue with carbs I started hardcore Atkins Induction a few weeks ago. I was surprised to have very little success with that. Now I have switched back to CAD and the scale is starting to move. :-)
Glad you came here, and hope it works for you!!! We are here for the long run. CAD is a slow and steady kind of weight loss!!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Post menus you high calorie girls!!! I had 1000 calories just for dessert today.....2 king size snickers.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

The Last Time: WELCOME!

You will find there are many of us out there who mainly do one meal a day only. I do not say people have to do it nor do I force it on myself. Today in fact I got hungry later and had a CM dinner. However most days I do RM only and love it! I eat whatever I want, including lots of fresh veggies, fruits, solid protein and fat and my share of junk! The weight loss has been slow. Some months only a half pound loss for the entire month but it is a loss and it is with eating MORE calories than I could have ever imagined and with little suffering. Heck, if I do get nagging hunger I just go ahead and eat- I am just sure to keep to the rules (one hour, aim for balance) but I do not beat myself up and I do not limit portions or calories. To me this is not a diet!

My story very brief is that over the years I dieted my way up from 140-150's to 240's! I only made myself fatter and fatter the more I dieted and controlled portions/calories the hungrier and fatter I became. I now know I was muscle wasting and just gaining back fat. NEVER AGAIN. If you are ok with slow go on the weight loss you will love this! You can lose fast and many do by counting and limiting calories and being very strict with CM ingredients and portions and calories however so if that is your thing and you are happy doing so (which many are btw) go for that approach too! Either way you will like how you feel doing this which no other diet offers how good you feel and the food you get to eat DAILY

MIW
Old 01-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Post menus you high calorie girls!!! I had 1000 calories just for dessert today.....2 king size snickers.
My meals today (posted on the IF thread). Not sure on calories but it was a great eating day!

RM breakfast/lunch from 10:15 to 11:15 am
24 oz ice decaf mocha made with whole milk
large mixed salad with lots of eggs, chicken breast, veggies, cheese, blue cheese dsg, 1 burger pattie, 3 pecan caramel clusters and 2 choc chip cookies

5pm:
CM dinner: beef pot roast and large mixed green salad with blue cheese!

I am ok that I managed to stay in an 8 hour eating window which will give me at least a 16 hour fast
MIW
Old 01-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

I was thinking the other day since Oriana has asked me before all the diets I have done. Here is a list and I am sure I am leaving some out:

WW at least 6 times staring at the age of 14 (now 38)
JC once
Full bar diet
Breakfast cookie diet
(Learned how to make both the full bars and breakfast cookies myself at home so also did homemade version)
Grapefruit extract pills
Hoodia pills
Green tea diet
Jasmine tea diet
CAD back in the late 90's
Zone
Atkin's
Juice fast
Whole foods only
Vegetarian for one whole year
GF/CS for one whole year (Gluten free/Casein free)
Macrobiotic
Herbal ephedra
Phen-fen
Was "briefly" anorxic during my teen years for a couple of weeks. Never bulemic or a binge eater
Counting calories
Slim fast at least 3 times
Homemade slimfast type diet
Cabbage soup diet
Metabolism confusion (eat like 10 eggs one day, 5 chicken breasts the next, veggies only the 3rd day, etc for like a 7 day cycle)

JC, WW, Slimfast for sure were low calorie. Like 1300-1500 calories a day, mainly low fat too and lots of sugar free which made me crazy anxious, heart palpitations, insomniac

Atkins: went into Ketosis, felt great, slept fabulous, constipated like crazy, got to hate meat and eggs and didn't lose weight.

Various pills, teas: felt anxious and miserable

Phen-fen: almost anxorexic, never hungry, dropped like 20 pounds in one month but of course it all came back.

CAD the first time: felt great, ate great, lost about a pound a week but I was too young and stupid not to stick with it...

You get the idea.

MIW
Old 01-18-2014, 04:53 AM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The Last Time: WELCOME!

My story very brief is that over the years I dieted my way up from 140-150's to 240's! I only made myself fatter and fatter the more I dieted and controlled portions/calories the hungrier and fatter I became. I now know I was muscle wasting and just gaining back fat. NEVER AGAIN. If you are ok with slow go on the weight loss you will love this! You can lose fast and many do by counting and limiting calories and being very strict with CM ingredients and portions and calories however so if that is your thing and you are happy doing so (which many are btw) go for that approach too! Either way you will like how you feel doing this which no other diet offers how good you feel and the food you get to eat DAILY

MIW
I had never quite thought of it in this way, but there is a lot of truth in it.
dieting our way to overweight. Very True!!

I and DH made a deal to have eggs for our evening meal, but haven't been doing it because DD20 and her BF have been here during winter break. They leave today, so I am going to see how the eggs for supper every night work to keep me closer to CAD rules.
(Plus trying to exercise a little every day. Muscles sore yesterday,, so the gym 2 days ago must be catching up)
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????
Old 01-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

I think I have definitely have dieted my way to the weight that I am at. :-( I think that has been some of my worst frustration. Recently I carefully tracked calories and exercise for over a month. In the end, I felt like I had been depriving myself AND I ended up at the exact weight I had started at. That lead to eating whatever I wanted because I felt so hopeless. It is a vicious cycle!

I first started CAD when a friend introduced it to me in college. If only I had stuck with it then... I really, really want to stick with it and make it a real WOE for me and my husband.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is true. I have felt better with this WOE than with any other. I don't feel deprived, and surprise! I'm eating more veggies than I ever have before since I left home!

Quote:
So glad you're here! Did you find that you were hungry all the time on Weight Watchers? That's definitely how I felt. It was just unsustainable.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals, I am sticking to CAD. I had a rm breakfast and didn't eat a lot so I am having a nice steak and salad with ranch for lunch. I do like eating my rm early but it is nice to have the option of having lunch or dinner. Dinner seems to sit a bit in my stomach though and I have a hard time sleeping so I try to eat earlier.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
This is true. I have felt better with this WOE than with any other. I don't feel deprived, and surprise! I'm eating more veggies than I ever have before since I left home!

So glad you're here! Did you find that you were hungry all the time on Weight Watchers? That's definitely how I felt. It was just unsustainable.

The first time I was on WW I was very successful... but I realize, looking back, I only followed the program for a short while. After that I went into a crazy pattern of starving myself for weigh-ins and then bingeing after weigh-ins. It was exhausting!

It isn't hard for me to stick to one meal during the week, but I am trying to figure out what to do on the weekends when my kids and husband are home. I am thinking of doing one CM and one RM. For those of you who do CMs, do you limit that to an hour? I don't think I do well when I am snacking all day (even if it is low carb)...
Old 01-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The first time I was on WW I was very successful... but I realize, looking back, I only followed the program for a short while. After that I went into a crazy pattern of starving myself for weigh-ins and then bingeing after weigh-ins. It was exhausting!

It isn't hard for me to stick to one meal during the week, but I am trying to figure out what to do on the weekends when my kids and husband are home. I am thinking of doing one CM and one RM. For those of you who do CMs, do you limit that to an hour? I don't think I do well when I am snacking all day (even if it is low carb)...
CMs are supposed to be way less than an hour, in my understanding. I would have to look up again, but think only the RM is supposed to be a "big, long" meal. Cups of coffee are supposed to be drank in 10 minutes, and I never can stick to that rule....
Old 01-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janelle112289
Hey everyone!
My weight today was 139.6, so definitely down from 140.4. I couldn't do the average weight because at least twice this week, I've had to rush out the door without taking the time to step on the scale. Today, I just wasn't hungry until around 6 30 pm when I had breakfast for dinner as my RM. I had 2 eggs, homemade hashbrowns, 2 gluten-free homemade pancakes with homemade sugar free strawberry jam, a sausage link, and half an apple with 1 TSBP sunflower seed butter.
the total calories were 1000 calories

I'm going to be up all night studying and just got hungry so will probably eat some roasted chicken I have in the fridge with cauliflower "rice".
Janelle112289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
I was trying to think of how many diets I've tried... here's my memory list:
* Scarsdale diet as a teenager - lost 15 pounds down to 110 during summer vacation. As I recall, I ate only three meals per day and just was very limiting in what I ate. Didn't keep it up...
* My own diet right after I graduated high school - lost 15 pounds down to 140 and felt great!! As I recall, I ate only three meals per day, including a "frozen" dinner for night time. Portion control was the key here. Didn't keep it up, moved away to college and gained the freshmen 30!!
* Tried the Cambridge shake diet (could never really do it more than 2/3 of a day - no success whatsoever!).
* Tried some diet program (can't recall the name) where you went in and weighed in - didn't last more than a week or so.
* Tried Weight Watchers at work, lost 25 pounds. Didn't keep it up until goal.
* Tried Weight Watchers many, many, many more times. Lost 5 -10 pounds each time. Never stuck with it.
* Got pregnant, lost 35 pounds (I couldn't eat when I was pregnant). Gained it back just looking at food after my son was born.
* Several more tries with WW... 5-10 pound losses.
* Tried Bob Green's Best Life Diet - lost 20 pounds phase 1. Never went to phase 2.
* Tried Metabolic Research. Lost 15 pounds and gained it back plus some FAST!! Scared me that I messed up my metabolism...
* Nutrisystem - lost 4 pounds maybe... And cried because I was not depressed about the food.
* Tried CAD, lost 33 pounds!! Most ever I had lost.
* Nutrisystem take 2 (because it was on sale at QVC and convinced myself I could eat anything for 30 days).... no weight loss... ate the meals and snacks on top of other food.
* Tried doctor's diet - made me feel shaky!! Too many carbs and very little protein for breakfast and snack!! No loss, felt bad.
* Tried CAD again, 33 pounds!
* Tried WW again plus walking, lost 15 pounds
* Floundering now...

So, as you can see, I am not one of those people who can say I've lost 100 and gained it back... But if you add it all together, I've lost and gained that over time. I have never lost more than 33 pounds... But I'm glad I did this list, because it shows me that CAD was the "most" success I've ever had above any other plan. Bob Green's Best Life Diet was also really good, but I never went to the second phase, so not sure how I would have done with that. His plan is excellent for doing a lifestyle change because the first phase focuses on schedule and not food.

Other than CAD and Best Life, when I lost weight on other plans, I felt deprived or "white knuckling" it...

Last edited by alliejon; 01-19-2014 at 12:05 AM..
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

It's so interesting to see the diets that everyone has tried over the years. Diet fads tend to come and go, it seems.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Have been following the CAD about a month now. Have spent many days finding what works for me personally, so really have only lost a few pounds on the scale. I am probably going to just have a RM with low carb foods, pretty much what I have eaten for years, and 2 CM snacks... But am still very, very pleased with this WOE, I am careful not to exceed the 1 hour limit, and that seems to take care of the appetite. So happy not to be hungry all the time.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Have been following the CAD about a month now. Have spent many days finding what works for me personally, so really have only lost a few pounds on the scale. I am probably going to just have a RM with low carb foods, pretty much what I have eaten for years, and 2 CM snacks... But am still very, very pleased with this WOE, I am careful not to exceed the 1 hour limit, and that seems to take care of the appetite. So happy not to be hungry all the time.
That is great that you are sticking with it and seeing what works and what doesn't and being open about it. Many people who aren't honest with themselves about following the plan tend to blame the plan and say it doesn't work for them.

I take it day by day even still after 15 months. I am in a plateau in the 212's but I KNEW this would happend since that was the lowest I got in years since the last time I dieted and expected it to be a "set point" which I do believe happens in the dieter's body. My next one will be around 198-200 lbs. Then 180, 160, 150, 140. Those are all the weights I stayed at for extented time and know my body/metabolism will have to work through them.

I am going to attempt some type of exercise this week! That is my new goal

MIW
Old 01-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/208/140
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Jan 2014
Hi Guys! Feel like you are friends already!

OK so I am a lurker for several months and decided to make an honest woman out of my myself by posting.

Little about myself:
Did CAD for a while and lost 13 lbs. During this time wondered why people would ever go off CAD it was so easy. Hit a 20 day stall because I was eating like an idiot and so went off CAD. I feel I have a bingeing issue so I am working this time to beat that part as well while doing CAD. I am a Christian so that love comes out in everything I do. I am begging God to deliver me from this craziness of going to food for comfort.

My plan is to do whole foods based CAD. I find great joy in believing I can be a person who desires to eat whole foods all the time and I know that is extremely healthy so I want to do CAD balancing insulin levels with the food I eat being whole foods.

I too have watched Sick Fat and Nearly Dead and now my husband has too so he has us scheduled to do a juice fast in FEB where I will temporarily do that for 10 days and not follow CAD. If you all care I will still post the results of that too. Actually doing it with a lot of fear of failure so I will maybe need to post to get through that.

I plan to do the daily weigh in because it does help me understand my body.
For instance I agree about the chili thing. I found that beef causes me to have a 2lb gain but I do lose it in about 2-3 days. It is worth it for me because I love beef. Beans cause gas so therefore bloating which will cause an increase on the scale. I love beans so I will be okay with that when I eat them.

Cabbage causes fluid loss so that may be why some of you lose weight after eating cabbage. I love it and notice a drop on the scale after eating it too. I could probably live off cabbage but my family may not be so happy.

What do I want from you all? Friends who understand the struggle. I weigh 208 5'6" and know that I would like to get to 140. I want someone to tell me that .5lbs on a week is good because I am not craving and am .5lbs lighter than before.

What can I give? Prayers if you need someone to pray with you. Encouragement when you need it and a very honest outlook on life and the things in it. I am not on social media so wont be posting pics or on the facebook page but I will be very honest in my dealings on here. Don't have a problem with social media just haven't really needed it before.

I want to be able to ultimately QUIT TALKING ABOUT WEIGHT AND FOOD ISSUES!!!! This is not yelling at you all - its me yelling at the top of my lungs for freedom from this. I want my life to be about so much more than my weight or what I eat.

So appreciative of all your comments on this site. You all seem honest and are willing to share. That's good. I love all the successes and appreciate the times when it doesn't seem successful.

Anyway. Didn't want to be a lurker anymore. I am really trying to get a handle on this and want to make myself accountable to people who understand and honestly don't deal with me in my daily life.

Good luck to all of you in learning how our bodies work and the design that is supposed to bring up to optimal health!
Sanctifiedbygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

I am a believer too, Sanctified! I will take all the prayers I can get, girlfriend. I believe God spared me with the CAD as dieting and food was such a stronghold in my life. My thoughts revolved around diets, food, scales, etc. and my moods depicted my weight that day. That is no way to live a vibrant Christian life. I have found peace and freedom on CAD even though I have strayed a couple times this year. Mostly I was experimenting to prove that the CAD/one meal a day was the only thing that worked. I tried fruit a number of times in the day to try to go the healthy route only to find out that I can't juice or eat fruit without going crazy with hunger. It is much better to fast and eat a rm a day than to "tease" myself with fruit which drives my insulin up. I can feel it instantaneously after I eat it. So today I ate 3 oranges, 1 apple, 1 footlong Subway club sandwich, can of Pepsi, chips, mug of ice cream and I am fine until tomorrow. Had I had just the fruit and split up the other food from it I would have fallen off the CAD wagon. This works!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Sanctified! I for one also welcome your prayers and will pray for you too. I think however you will find this to be so easy no matter how you choose to do it

I did the fast with green juices and fruits for a month and lost 17 pounds. I felt great too and wasn't all that hungry. HOWEVER, there is no way juice fasting is sustainable and that is why I searched out CAD and came back for a lifelong plan which I believe it is. I also am a big whole foods proponent but at the same time I love modern times and our food and am not ready to give up my junk carbs...yet. LOL

I am 212.6 lbs today and am 5' 2.5" We are at similar stats and I want to get to at least 140, then will re-eval for lower if I ever decide to do it.

Today's RM from 9:30-10:30am. I do usually one meal a day, an early big breakfast type RM based loosely on The Stress Eating Cure (Also by the Heller's) and The Big Breakfast Diet (recommended by the Heller's)

Large ribeye steak
Large mixed green salad with blue cheese and 3 oz of cooled diced baked potato (supposed to be resistant starch which aids with blood sugars and hunger)
24oz iced mocha with whole milk
1 choc chip cookie
3 pecan caramel clusters
3/4 cup full fat greek yogurt (14gm fat per serving)
1/2 cup diced strawberries
1/2 large banana

Still full 3 hours later!!!

MIW
Old 01-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am a believer too, Sanctified! I will take all the prayers I can get, girlfriend. I believe God spared me with the CAD as dieting and food was such a stronghold in my life. My thoughts revolved around diets, food, scales, etc. and my moods depicted my weight that day. That is no way to live a vibrant Christian life. I have found peace and freedom on CAD even though I have strayed a couple times this year. Mostly I was experimenting to prove that the CAD/one meal a day was the only thing that worked. I tried fruit a number of times in the day to try to go the healthy route only to find out that I can't juice or eat fruit without going crazy with hunger. It is much better to fast and eat a rm a day than to "tease" myself with fruit which drives my insulin up. I can feel it instantaneously after I eat it. So today I ate 3 oranges, 1 apple, 1 footlong Subway club sandwich, can of Pepsi, chips, mug of ice cream and I am fine until tomorrow. Had I had just the fruit and split up the other food from it I would have fallen off the CAD wagon. This works!
Oriana, so glad you are doing well! Care to share your stats? You have been doing CAD on and off for over the last year as well and have maintained and I think if people saw your stats and diet regimen it would be very inspiring to see we don't have to starve ourselves!

MIW
Old 01-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Thanks O and MIW for the encouragement!

OK so since I am midday I did switch to unsweet tea today so I feel I am doing something for my health. Will log food or weight check in tomorrow.

I do hate writing down everything I eat though so you may not see that from me. We will see. That was my downfall with WW. Loved the plan but I became obsessed with food and points.

I have always been so careful with plans I follow so I know I won't be doing something I can't do for life. However my husband believes in a 10 day juice fast for health so I am planning on doing it for him. I am just setting my mind now that obviously when you fast you lose but you will gain when you eat food again so it is just for the health of it alone and to give my digestive system a short break. Honestly we are so first world problems when I am worried about a 10 day organic fruits and veggies fast.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Something funny

Oh something else funny. My DD is 13 and my height. She weighed the other day just because she was curious. She was 108. It is funny that we feel as grown women, who in most cases have borne children or exercise extensively, etc, that we should weigh what a prepubescent child does. Our world is off their rockers!

So I will work for 140 as a victor in life who has borne 2 children, suffered through life's heartaches and survived and I will enjoy the fact that those extra pounds mean I am a WOMAN!!!!!