Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #1231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
OMG - I can't believe this happened today. After five years of eating cauliflower almost every day, many times twice per day, I got "SICK" of cauliflower!!! I'm really upset about this, because I'm not a big veggie person... Not a salad person.... Ugh!!! I do like a couple of other veggies, but I am not believing this. The thought of cauliflower is making me sick. I had to stop mid-meal this morning and not eat the rest...
Sorry to hear that. I have gotten "sick" of lettuce salads......but have never eaten much cauliflower. No salads make it harder to do CMs.

Our bodies do strange things to us sometimes (or our minds)
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #1232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tara1970
Stats: 176/158/Happy@140/Ideal@128
WOE: CAD/One Meal A Day/Gluten Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
OMG - I can't believe this happened today. After five years of eating cauliflower almost every day, many times twice per day, I got "SICK" of cauliflower!!!
I LOVE veggies, one of the reasons I dont want to do sustained very low carb is I want carrots, cauli, broccoli, green beans, onion.... anyway some days still I just CANNOT face the things no matter what.

IMO veg like 'low fat' have been excessively whitewashed and presented as the safest must-eat foods by our insanely food-fat averse nutrition boffins.

I love them but moderation never goes amiss, so try skipping them for a bit and see when the desire comes back?

I think we were designed to strip max nutrition from every last bit of food because in nature we didn't have a staple food that turned up again and again, it'd be a few short weeks then the window of opportunity closed and yet our diets (and I must admit my own preference) is to have staple foods that are regularly available, but I don't think it's healthy in most cases except where the food is some kind of meat, in fact I think it's UNHEALTHY.

Funny enough the idea some non-meat food must be had every day in almost the same form and in large amounts seems to be an offshoot of the revolution in diet caused by the breakfast cereal industry.

If you know anything about what an evil man Kellogg was (I won't share on here because it might be triggering for survivors of bad things from childhood) then you'll know it's not actually come from a good place nor did the idea that cereals are a must-eat 'dietary base' do most of the world any good.

Aaand rant over, on a happier theme thanks for the advice re earlier, i'm staying OFF those damned demonic scales and just going to watch my watchstraps and waistbands for now.

I tallied up my cals and carbs on an average day as well, slightly over-estimating in every case and made a few tweaks without losing the things that make this work for me so i'm pretty happy with that.

Last edited by Tara1970; 07-19-2014 at 08:56 AM..
Tara1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #1233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/305/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Tara - that's funny. I actually trace my addictive food behavior to the fifth grade when I started eating a large bowl of Kellogg's frosted flakes with very little milk... I would always get so hungry after that!!!

I haven't taken any action on my diet plans... I think I'm just not able to commit to anything. I'm sure I'll get there. I have friends over this weekend, and we are eating bad all weekend...
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Kat how is maintaining going? I am finding that I would rather eat fat than lowfat and be satisfied with less!
Well............sometimes less. Yesterday I ate a container of Haagen Dazs! LOL!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #1235
Big Yapper!!!!

Trying to figure out what to eat and keep fiber, etc up.

I could live on meat, but that probably isn't the best plan......so still developing that plan.
Work in progress......

Hope everyone has had a good day. It is HOT here....
Old 07-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #1236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Trying to figure out what to eat and keep fiber, etc up.
Have you read 'Top Twelve Myths about fiber' by Konstantin Monastyrsky?

He looks at how much sugar comes packed along with the RDA amounts, and debunks every single claim made for it using material from meta-studies by the FDA, AHA, and various other bodies, AND demonstrates how it often has negative effects especially when bootsed by increasing carb intake, lowering fat, and so on... interesting article.

To get down to the, erm, nitty gritty, and taken from that article, the idea fibre is the only way to make regular bathroom trips is incorrect -
Quote:

Colonic Motility

Energy-rich meals with a high fat content increase motility [the rate of intestinal propulsion]; carbohydrates and proteins have no effect.

R.F. Schmidt, G. Thews;
Human Physiology, 2nd edition. 29.7:730
Quote:

Fiber and colon cancer

“For years, Americans have been told to consume a high-fiber diet to lower the risk of colon cancer—mainly on the basis of results from relatively small studies. Larger and better-designed studies have failed to show a link between fiber and colon cancer.”

Fiber: Start Roughing It
Harvard School of Public Health
You obviously know your body better than i can guess at and better than any studies, but ALL the ideas about fibre we've been sold in the last few decades are as shaky as the idea of having wholegrain pasta as a core item to wrap different foods around, or starting every day with a bowl of crunchy appetite-accelerant which is exactly what breakfast cereals always were to me as well, Alliejon!

Crunchy breakfast cereal, even the high-fibre/low simple sugars kind that are mainly wholewheat are like that stuff you pour on a barbeque to me, I don't go anywhere near them now but when I did I could guarantee to be starving 90 minutes later then all day long.

Results update, my waistbands are looser again and also rings despite the heat, staying off the evil Scales Of Doom for a bit longer but unless elves are coming in to stretch my clothes every night I'm making progress!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:56 AM   #1237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara1970 View Post
Have you read 'Top Twelve Myths about fiber' by Konstantin Monastyrsky?

He looks at how much sugar comes packed along with the RDA amounts, and debunks every single claim made for it using material from meta-studies by the FDA, AHA, and various other bodies, AND demonstrates how it often has negative effects especially when bootsed by increasing carb intake, lowering fat, and so on... interesting article.

To get down to the, erm, nitty gritty, and taken from that article, the idea fibre is the only way to make regular bathroom trips is incorrect -

You obviously know your body better than i can guess at and better than any studies, but ALL the ideas about fibre we've been sold in the last few decades are as shaky as the idea of having wholegrain pasta as a core item to wrap different foods around, or starting every day with a bowl of crunchy appetite-accelerant which is exactly what breakfast cereals always were to me as well, Alliejon!

Crunchy breakfast cereal, even the high-fibre/low simple sugars kind that are mainly wholewheat are like that stuff you pour on a barbeque to me, I don't go anywhere near them now but when I did I could guarantee to be starving 90 minutes later then all day long.

Results update, my waistbands are looser again and also rings despite the heat, staying off the evil Scales Of Doom for a bit longer but unless elves are coming in to stretch my clothes every night I'm making progress!
Very interesting. I am trying more quinoa and chia seeds or flax to increase fiber. Cause if all I eat is meat and cheese, it can be a problem. And not real good at veggies......so just working on eating better foods and cutting out the promoted "stuff".
Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #1238
Senior LCF Member

I DID NOT join weight watchers. I decided to give CAD a good try again first... I never really given anything more than about a day try before feeling defeated... I'm always looking for quick results, which really don't exist...
Old 07-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #1239
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: janCAD
Stats: 147/138.1/132
WOE: CAD diet
Start Date: 6/26/14
Newbie on Board ... Help !!!

Hello CAD lovers.
I just joined the blog and am eager to hear how you are doing with CAD. I had read it yrs and yrs ago and then my niece asked me about 'that diet where you could eat anything you wanted in an hour?". In ordering her the book, i got myself a copy and decided to give it sincere thought... in fact, i studied the book. Now i am 4 wks in with some failures here and there. Down about 5 lbs and needed to go ten more, anyway.

I am looking for veterans like you guys who can help me with pit falls and updated info on the diet. The books were published way before the greek yogurt rage began, etc. And things like, "Why cant i have zucchini at my CM" haunt me. there are only 3.5 gm in each cup? I dont want to cheat but i do need a little more flexibility so i don't get bored. Is a half ounce of chopped walnuts in my spinach salad with goat cheese gonna kill me? Will 7 almonds midday instead of high fat cheese be okay for a mini CM? Why it is important to have the RW every day and what would happen if i skipped it? Do total carbs matter.

So sorry for babbling on and on. Thanks in advance and eager to get to know you guys. I want the truth b/c i really would like to do this once and for all. I have not seen a diet plan yet that allows such a sweet lifestyle!

Janis
janCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #1240
Junior LCF Member

PS - can anyone tell me how to reply to a particular post?

It seems like i can only reply to the whole strain...

(sorry, new at this...)
Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #1241
Junior LCF Member

for Allie

Allie,
give CaD 3-4 days - it takes that long for your insulin to adjust and it will be the first time you wake up not wanting oatmeal for breakfast. And over those days, it's not unusual to lose 2-4 lbs anyway. That's a quick fix!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #1242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FlowerMama
Stats: 165/161/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: 11/13 & 7/14
Hello all!

After a year of doing nothing, I am back trying my CAD. The bad news was that my hormones were totally messed up. The good news is that we know what is wrong (hypothyroid, hyperprolactinimia) and I have medicines to help

Now I need to get back on my CAD-wagon and lose my weight! I could use any bit of encouragement anyone feels like throwing my way. It has been a tough year.
FlowerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #1243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karegado
Stats: 154/148.6 (-5.75 inches)/144
WOE: CAD (original)
Start Date: 05/26/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by janCAD View Post
I am looking for veterans like you guys who can help me with pit falls and updated info on the diet. The books were published way before the greek yogurt rage began, etc. And things like, "Why cant i have zucchini at my CM" haunt me. there are only 3.5 gm in each cup? I dont want to cheat but i do need a little more flexibility so i don't get bored. Is a half ounce of chopped walnuts in my spinach salad with goat cheese gonna kill me? Will 7 almonds midday instead of high fat cheese be okay for a mini CM? Why it is important to have the RW every day and what would happen if i skipped it? Do total carbs matter.
Janis
I'm no expert but I have eaten nuts, zucchini, tomatoes and even pork rinds with no problem for a CM on the rare occasion I actually have needed one. (Zucchini is one of the few green colored veggies I like.) I guess it's an individual thing. I had no stalls as long as I controlled my CM portions, using those foods. I'm thinking if your CM is a huge meal, yeah, it would probably be an issue with the higher carb veggies. For me though, if I limit my RM calories or carbs, I do not lose. I eat until I am full (just like the original book says) and have no desire to eat off plan because I am not hungry.

I am currently stalled in my loss due to medications that my doctor prescribed, instructing me to eat a cup of yogurt after each pill which results in blowing my one hour time limit for insulin release. The great thing is, I am maintaining on the scales and still losing inches even after eating yogurt for CMs!

I have 3 more days to go and I am back on plan again. I was doing wonderful on CAD and I'm confident I will continue where I left off as far as losing
pounds. I absolutely love eating this way and intend to do it the rest of my life. I can not live happily without potatoes or tacos or cookies or ice cream.

I have seen the numbers on my scale move down and I know CAD works. I no longer stress about my weight and that is the biggest benefit of all for me.
Karegado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #1244
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
The reasons certain low carb type foods are not on the list is that they may be a trigger to some people. The CM list is to keep your carbs extremely low with nothing affecting your blood sugar until your RM. If you want foods that are not on the CM list you should save them for the RM....you still get to eat them every day if you want but the rules/guidelines for CAD are specific to dealing with insulin release in a certain way.

If you choose to eat those foods at CMs and you notice you are not losing then drop them. Only you will know how your body works. I would do the plan as written without making changes so that you can see how your body reacts to it.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #1245
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
I've had houseguests for a week and my plan went out the window. Getting back to eating right tomorrow. Bagging up all non plan leftovers to send to my son's house!
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #1246
Senior LCF Member

Zucchini is in the original book as a CM approved veggie.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #1247
Senior LCF Member

I have eaten carrots at CM with no issue... Eat what you like at CM - veggies are better than other carby things... And if it helps you stay on plan and doesn't trigger cravings - go for it!!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #1248
Senior LCF Member

JanCad, my advice would be, stick to the plan exactly as written, don't try to sneak in extra veggies on your CMs because you can always have what you crave at your RM anyway, and your next RM is ALWAYS less than a day away.

Give it a try as written, see how it works, if you start cheating at first you'll still maybe lose weight because your body's not handling huge amounts of iunsulin relase 2 - 3 or more times a day, but the results when you're sticking to it are worth only eating your carrots, tomatoes, onions etc 1/day IMO.

To come to it and immediately want to start re-writing the rules is worth thinking about, what's your motivation and so on... carbs can have an addictive effect and you're hearing that addiction speaking when you want to start adding extra carbs in more than your one entire whole hour a day when you can have them anyway.

If you do that and it stalls you, your addiction can then say 'see this doesn't work' and you'll be back where you started. i know that where I started was no fun at all, constant back-of-my mind dialogues about what's next to eat, and I'd rather do anything than end up back there.

If you start 'robbing' your RM to add extra carbs back into your other meals, then that might work for you I dunno but it won't be CAD, it'll be a basic lower-carb diet.

I've lost 3˝ inches from my waist since 1st June and had to change the keepers on my rings for a smaller size, and apart from a total of 6 occasions when I had to break the rules and eat carbs outside my RM I've stuck to it solidly and the main glorious wonder has been total liberation from obsessing about food, diet, weight, etc which really was the thing that always knocked me off track before when I successfully dieted but couldn't think about anything else during the weightloss phases!!

I'm eating ice-cream nearly every day drizzled in berry coulis and chocolate Nesquik powder, and all the veggies I want WITHIN my RM, mashed potato sometimes, fried onions, gravy made with wheat & gluten free granules, milky coffee, NOTHING at all like a diet and I have absolutely ZERO craving and no desire to mess with the first WOE that's delivering results without driving me crazy.

Based on that my advice is stick with it as written and don't start trying to second guess it, the time to look at what you can cheat with is when you've run with it for long enough to experience the true liberation from cravings it delivers because only then will you know if adding non-listed foods to your CM is causing you problems.

Last edited by Tara1970; 07-23-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #1249
Senior LCF Member

I hope this helps anyone who does not have the book. Lists of approved CM vegetables from the original book, "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" page 115 & 116
Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #1250
Senior LCF Member

When I first started CAD, I ate broccoli (not on the list) for a CM once or twice a week with successful loss. I did it of my own free will and it caused no cravings. I didn't eat a huge amount because my CM's were normally a very small meal. That way my experience with it. Others may not be so lucky.

Can't wait to be fully back on plan next week! Other than the yogurt twice a day (doctors orders), I'm still following as closely to the original plan as I can. Maintaining in weight but have lost another 1/4 inch. Now I'm ready to see those numbers drop again.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #1251
Junior LCF Member

many thanks

to you all for your sage advice. I tried to post 2 lengthy detailed "quick replies" that got trashed for some lack of log in recognition UGhh!!
WIll share more later but what is nagging me is that i lose sometimes and i gain sometimes on this. I know it has only been 4 wks tomorrow but should it take that long to lose 4 lbs? I gained the wk of my period and then maintained or lost like 0.3 the next week. Is that normal. My total loss should be btwn 15 and 20 lbs (if i make it). No doubt i will with your support.
Eager to tell u y i was asking about the veggies but after 3 tries i cant write it again!! suffice it to say that it took me 15 yrs to prefer beets and avacados over cookies and ice cream. Just having a hard time eating so much meat and eggs and wondering how to keep it snappy and sustainable.
Ty again - esp to K woman who embedded the pic of the veggie list!!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #1252
Junior LCF Member

PS: so how long have each of you been on this and how much have you lost? trying to understand realistic goals...
Old 07-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #1253
Junior LCF Member

FlowerMama,
Hop on the wagon with us and take hope! This is a wonderful way to eat and we can help each other get to our goals!!
Let us know how you do every few days!
janCAD
Old 07-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #1254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.4/110 as of 09/20/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Quote:
to you all for your sage advice. I tried to post 2 lengthy detailed "quick replies" that got trashed for some lack of log in recognition UGhh!!
WIll share more later but what is nagging me is that i lose sometimes and i gain sometimes on this. I know it has only been 4 wks tomorrow but should it take that long to lose 4 lbs? I gained the wk of my period and then maintained or lost like 0.3 the next week. Is that normal. My total loss should be btwn 15 and 20 lbs (if i make it). No doubt i will with your support.
Eager to tell u y i was asking about the veggies but after 3 tries i cant write it again!! suffice it to say that it took me 15 yrs to prefer beets and avacados over cookies and ice cream. Just having a hard time eating so much meat and eggs and wondering how to keep it snappy and sustainable.
Ty again - esp to K woman who embedded the pic of the veggie list!!
JanCAD, when I started CAD, I didn't lose at all; I tightened up what I was eating and then started losing .3 lbs a week, tightened up again and lost about a pound a week until I reached goal back in March. The insulin release does help you not crave carbs, which is wonderful, but I don't think CAD is a magic bullet. If you're not losing, it means you might be overdoing it in your RM meals.

Overdoing it is exactly what I've been doing, since I'm 109.6 today! It might be TOM, or it might be the rice and beans I've been eating, or it could be all the cheating this weekend for my birthday! I'm going to eat strictly for the next couple of days and see where the scale is and then reassess. Beans do tend to make me retain water, but 109.6 still seems high to me. Is it just me, or is summer worse than than the holiday season?? It seems like every weekend someone new is coming to visit and wants me to go out with them to see the sights and eat delicious, carby food!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #1255
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=KatMck;16984348]JanCAD, when I started CAD, I didn't lose at all; I tightened up what I was eating and then started losing .3 lbs a week, tightened up again and lost about a pound a week until I reached goal back in March. The insulin release does help you not crave carbs, which is wonderful, but I don't think CAD is a magic bullet. If you're not losing, it means you might be overdoing it in your RM meals.

Kat, thanks sooooooo much for this response. I am sure have been over doing it and when i wrote my first 2 posts last night, i ended by saying that i really can't complain b/c i have spent the last month eating more goodies than i have eaten in 5 yrs during my RWs -- and still lost 5 lbs. So who the hell am i to complain?!? That said, i realized that i was dealing with the psychological aspect of the addiction and needing to let myself go hogwild (literally) there for a while. I find myself saying "I don't eat this way. Sugar kills my joints and digestion. I'm ready to stop being so bad." And little by little, i am letting the bad stuff go and looking forward to quinoa and avacado and fruit and a good cocktail. That is, until we have guests and make a doce de lecce tiramisu! (Thank God for RWs or i'd be eating it 24/7).

Kat, what is your goal at which you maintain? How much did you lose over what period of time? I was born more than 110 lbs - yes in fact, by the time i was 12 i weighed 121 lbs(but i promise not to judge you). We all feel good in our own skin at different wts and thats very personal. But u look amazing in your pic if that's any consolation.

Good luck this w/e and remember that no one has to know that your CMs are what they are. Just let them be your "choice" for that meal and stay focused on your RW for the carb rich stuff. I find it hardest at a restaurant when i can't fit it all in. I stall on my first alc. drink until the meal comes but that hour goes quick! My biggest challenge is not having more alc. when everyone stays hanging at the bar for a few hours.

Last Q and i promise not to bother you anymore (today). When you say, "tighten up" on the RWs, can you be more specific? Do you mean portions? Sweets? making sure you have the salad and low carb veggie? Do you exercise?
The thought of losing 3 lbs a week right now is very enticing and i may be ready to give up a lot to make that happen...

Thanks again Kat and all !!!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #1256
Junior LCF Member

Ohhhh - you said 0.3 lbs a week!!

Kat - just reread your post and you said 0.3/wk -- not 3 lbs/wk! Hahahaha.
Guess I'm still looking for a quick fix!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #1257
Junior LCF Member

yogurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karegado View Post
When I first started CAD, I ate broccoli (not on the list) for a CM once or twice a week with successful loss. I did it of my own free will and it caused no cravings. I didn't eat a huge amount because my CM's were normally a very small meal. That way my experience with it. Others may not be so lucky.

Can't wait to be fully back on plan next week! Other than the yogurt twice a day (doctors orders), I'm still following as closely to the original plan as I can. Maintaining in weight but have lost another 1/4 inch. Now I'm ready to see those numbers drop again.
K woman,
Good news about your yogurt - and about maintaining. Two things to share that may or may not be helpful.
1. Greek yogurt has zero carbs and if it doesnt trigger you could be used during CMs.
2. If the doc wants you eating yogurt to balance the effects of an antibiotic, you can just take probiotic in a capsule form. Unless it is home made, yogurt doesn't usually have a lot of live cultures in it.

I know a couple of great probiotics that balance the GI track and also get rid of candida (yeast) overgrowth which can cause sugar cravings. Let me know if any of you need more info on that.
Jan
Old 07-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #1258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
1. Greek yogurt has zero carbs and if it doesnt trigger you could be used during CMs.
Can I respectfully say no it doesn't?

I hate to outright contradict someone but greek yoghurt has around 3.6g carbs in 100g, that's 1.2g/ounce more or less.

The sugars in milk are present in even full-fat yoghurt - even heavy cream has some carbs, 2.6g/100ml for the one I buy, and that's very fat-heavy.

Please check your labels really diligently because things like that can wreck this plan which relies on keeping meals outside your RM really low in carbs.

I hope I don't come across as too rude or arrogant saying this!!!

I've lost 3˝ inches from my waist from the start date of 1st June, the scales fluctuated a bit so I'm staying off them but everything's looser.

I know I can lose 2˝pounds a week if I do around 1200 calories a day but it dirves me crazy, I obsess about food/weight/diet/tiny improvements/'oh god when can I next have something to eat' 24/7, so I'd rather be on a steady plan these days than a race with quick results that drives me crazy. I might weigh in next month but my clothes, rings, watchstraps aren't lying so I'm going by those right now.

Again mega-apologies if anything in this reply seems rude but I don't think there's any zero-carb dairy, apart from butter, ghee, and maybe very hard cheeses like parmesan and some cheddars - white cheeses like soft cheese, goats cheese, mozzarella etc usually have some carbs in them, as well.

Last edited by Tara1970; 07-24-2014 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: typoes...
Old 07-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #1259
Junior LCF Member

thank you Tara

Quote:
JanCad, my advice would be, stick to the plan exactly as written, don't try to sneak in extra veggies on your CMs because you can always have what you crave at your RM anyway, and your next RM is ALWAYS less than a day away.

Give it a try as written, see how it works, if you start cheating at first you'll still maybe lose weight because your body's not handling huge amounts of iunsulin relase 2 - 3 or more times a day, but the results when you're sticking to it are worth only eating your carrots, tomatoes, onions etc 1/day IMO.

To come to it and immediately want to start re-writing the rules is worth thinking about, what's your motivation and so on... carbs can have an addictive effect and you're hearing that addiction speaking when you want to start adding extra carbs in more than your one entire whole hour a day when you can have them anyway.

If you do that and it stalls you, your addiction can then say 'see this doesn't work' and you'll be back where you started. i know that where I started was no fun at all, constant back-of-my mind dialogues about what's next to eat, and I'd rather do anything than end up back there.

If you start 'robbing' your RM to add extra carbs back into your other meals, then that might work for you I dunno but it won't be CAD, it'll be a basic lower-carb diet.

I've lost 3˝ inches from my waist since 1st June and had to change the keepers on my rings for a smaller size, and apart from a total of 6 occasions when I had to break the rules and eat carbs outside my RM I've stuck to it solidly and the main glorious wonder has been total liberation from obsessing about food, diet, weight, etc which really was the thing that always knocked me off track before when I successfully dieted but couldn't think about anything else during the weightloss phases!!

I'm eating ice-cream nearly every day drizzled in berry coulis and chocolate Nesquik powder, and all the veggies I want WITHIN my RM, mashed potato sometimes, fried onions, gravy made with wheat & gluten free granules, milky coffee, NOTHING at all like a diet and I have absolutely ZERO craving and no desire to mess with the first WOE that's delivering results without driving me crazy.

Based on that my advice is stick with it as written and don't start trying to second guess it, the time to look at what you can cheat with is when you've run with it for long enough to experience the true liberation from cravings it delivers because only then will you know if adding non-listed foods to your CM is causing you problems.

Tara, i have read your post a number of times and greatly appreciate these strong, honest words. They are all true and i really appreciate it. This is an amazing way to eat and i am enjoying it and hearing from all of you so much. It really is too good to be true. I was having some sauteed spinach with scallion and garlic and EVOO the other night over whole milk ricotta as a CM dinner and my husband was like, "is that legal??!!". Yep, legal and loving it. It's really true to stay faithful now in the beginning. I think after 4 wks (today) i am just really starting to deal with the possibility that, as you said, i could do this for a long time and be very happy since i dont have obsessive thoughts and feel out of control. I think too, that it took some real soul searching to look at the word addict and come to terms with that reality over my past history. I am lucky in that i have never been very very overweight for too long (sans a couple of years in nursing school. At 5'5 3/4" i weighed in at 170) and for the most part have stayed moderately overwt. But i have ALWAYS struggled with out of control carb eating - and yo yo diets since i was a kid. It is liberating to think there may be some relief in sight...

How much have you lost on CAD and how long have you been at it? What do you think a normal weekly loss should be if i have about 15-20lbs to lose?

TY again Tara!

Jan
Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #1260
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Can I respectfully say no it doesn't?

I hate to outright contradict someone but greek yoghurt has around 3.6g carbs in 100g, that's 1.2g/ounce more or less.
Go Tara! no apologies needed! You know your stuff and are good enough to share it with us. My apologies for leading on K woman- i am a newbie and should be shackled from offering opinions unit i get up and running!
Your info is really helpful and much appreciated.

Looks like our most recent posts passed in cyberspace so ignore my recent request for data. I takes a LOT to have my watch strap and rings move so you are rockin and rollin'! Kudos and sempra fi

jan