Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW, this is what I thought all along......that the early morning lower weights were because we were fasting for 23 hours versus 12 hours from dinners. So although it was nice to see the drops it was kind of misleading to me.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Husky_SA
Hello there, I am new to this Forum. I am from South Africa. I want to start the CAD again. It worked for me because I get so depressed if I follow other diets where my family can eat whatever and I have to eat lettuce lol

I was on the new Atkins but it made me so depressed and cranky that I decided to move back to CAD.
Husky_SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mardatha
Stats: 157/144/126
WOE: CAD
Hi Husky I couldn't stand Atkins either, I felt like I was constantly stuffed and full. I don't eat a lot.
mardatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 07/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Hey, all! Good day overall today. Had Indian food as a cheat meal (vegetable korma, curry chicken, butter chicken, and cabbage) plus a pack of M & Ms for dessert and then half of a low carb pizza tonight. We make this version and find that it's the closest we can get to feeling like we're eating the naughty kind of pizza!

Google: yourlighterside Easy Gluten Free Pizza Crust

We use two cans of low sodium canned chicken meat to make the crust cheaply, and the secret is in squeezing ALL of the liquid out of the chicken once you've processed it. It's not bad at all if you're crazing pizza and already had an RM meal.

I was feeling a bit down today, not tired of the diet but just tired of tracking my weight. On a whim, I tried on the dress I was wearing when I met my husband that I haven't fit into since about 6 months after we met. It fit! It's still tight, but I got it zipped up, which is better than I've done in a couple of years! Little things like this really keep me going.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
MIW, when you make meatloaf, do you use any kind of filler like bread crumbs or oatmeal, and if you do, can it still meet the criteria for foods eaten at CMs? I suppose that might depend of the proportion of filler to meat? Thanks much.
My meatloaf recipe is super simple and YES- it is CM friendly!

Whatever ground meat you want: beef or pork or both

eggs (depending on how many pounds of meat I use 2-4 eggs)

a bit of ketchup or tomato paste and mustard

1-2 cups shredded cheese of choice (mozarella works best for a binder but I used colby jack and it was fine in this last batch)

salt and pepper

That's it!

MIx all together well, place in caserole dish and back at 375 deg for 90 minutes. Drain the fat and you have a nice protein source that is super filling, easy, tastes great and can be used at ANY meal! Also can be made into meatballs as well

MIW
Old 01-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW, this is what I thought all along......that the early morning lower weights were because we were fasting for 23 hours versus 12 hours from dinners. So although it was nice to see the drops it was kind of misleading to me.
Well I do think the weight was still going down but it was alot more since the 23 hour span vs 12 or so. Heck, I still like having my large meal for breakfast but many days I have a CM snack or dinner later.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
MIW, thanks a million for the meatloaf recipe. Meatloaf is one of my favorite foods, and that one sounds absolutely delicious. I might add a little Italian seasoning and/or onion powder sometimes for variety, but I think that will be my go-to meatloaf from here on in. I like to use the super lean grass fed ground beef from Whole Foods, so the cheese should make it a bit less dry.

Welcome, Husky. I'm pretty new here, too, but you've come to the right place. I didn't last long on Atkins, either. While I do need to get the carbs and the insulin under control, too few carbs really can make you feel depressed, cranky, and headachy. Too few is as bad as too many of the wrong kind, and being on a diet 24/7 that's too different from what others are eating is not only depressing, it can lead to social isolation, at least here in Texas!
Beadelia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
MIW, thanks a million for the meatloaf recipe. Meatloaf is one of my favorite foods, and that one sounds absolutely delicious. I might add a little Italian seasoning and/or onion powder sometimes for variety, but I think that will be my go-to meatloaf from here on in. I like to use the super lean grass fed ground beef from Whole Foods, so the cheese should make it a bit less dry.

Welcome, Husky. I'm pretty new here, too, but you've come to the right place. I didn't last long on Atkins, either. While I do need to get the carbs and the insulin under control, too few carbs really can make you feel depressed, cranky, and headachy. Too few is as bad as too many of the wrong kind, and being on a diet 24/7 that's too different from what others are eating is not only depressing, it can lead to social isolation, at least here in Texas!
I had the same feeling with Atkins, even though I used to have great success with it. Lately whenever I've tried it, I've had horrible dizzy spells and headaches and mood swings.

That meatloaf recipe does look awesome! I always struggle trying to find a replacement for breadcrumbs, and I love ANYTHING I can bake in a casserole. I'm also going to try out those rolls MIW posted a while back.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Yesterday first day I overstretched the RM time several hours (I was baking stuff, all low carb, but I don't use recipes, had to taste as I went). Don't plan on doing that again, but am grateful that I am not compulsively hungry today, plan on being super careful today. Averaged out my month of DAD, and have a 5# loss. Spent quite a bit of time experimenting, plus Christmas, plus eating out.....have learned a lot, see what the next month brings. Still am so grateful that this plan eliminates that awful voracious hunger, so grateful.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Here is something that I found somewhere for protein "cookies" Since I can't deal with protein drinks anymore( after years it kind of turns my stomach) , have some protein left on hand. Take 1 scoop protein, 2 tsp fat (I used coconut oil) 2 tsp water. Mix into a paste in a microwave safe cup or little bowl. Microwave on high 15 to 30 seconds, depending on how soft or firm you want, 30 is more like a muffin. It pops right out of the cup, and there you are with your protein serving portable. Can experiment with flavorings, I'm sure. I have on hand some Zero Carb chocolate, that's what I was using.
Thanks for the meatloaf recipe, plan on doing that in the next couple days.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jokster50
I understand the gall stone problem. I had them for ten years before I had them removed and my family physician gave me the following instructions and it kept them at bay:
dont over fill stomach
no fresh bread only toasted
nothing fried
no vegetable with a hull (like green peas, and other than green or wax beans most beans have a covering so I did not eat them)
after an attack/spell I would eat jello and maybe a plain baked potatoe for a couple of days, during the attack alka seltzer and ice packs.
Just some hints.
jokster50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Can I use Pork skins on this WOE.. I like them in my meatloaf..
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

welcome Husky! I think you will find that eating according to CAD/CALP is something one can do for life, and if not life then at least way longer than any other type of diet!

MIW
Old 01-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday 212.4 and 212.2 lbs for today! Eating too much and too good to recall and take time away to list but OMG I cannot believe this is a "diet!" LOL

MIW
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

just wanted you to know I am still lurking.........looks like you are all doing fine. I love reading the food diaries. MIW how much was too much ! LOL!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Well yesterday:

prawns and shrimp with cocktail sauce, cream cheese, ritz crackers and tortilla chips along with homemade fresh pico de gallo, strawberry marguritas with fresh frozen strawberries, large iced mocha with 2 choc chip cookies and 6 pc of almond toffee (Costco).

Day before:

Meatloaf, 1/2 head of cabbage fried with 7 pc of bacon, large iced mocha with 3 choc chip cookies, cup of homemade fruit salad with full fat yogurt, 2 slices of homemade banana bread.

Basically there has been a whole lot of cooking and baking going on around here and I ain't missin' out on ANY of it! LOL

Good eats!

MIW
Old 01-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

I'm chugging along. The past three days I've weighed between 119.8 and 119.4, but I'm expecting a bump tomorrow because of lunch today. I had a Tijuana Flats Tijuana steak whole wheat burrito (no black beans) with olives, queso, lettuce, tomato, and onion and with a side salad instead of chips to balance the RM . . . and I'll admit I also had a white chocolate pudding afterwards because it's almost shark week! I've been craving sweets like crazy. I think I'm having low-carb chili tonight, and I don't expect that to be great for the scale either!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Today's RM

1 pork chop
1 bowl of pico de gallo with about a cup of shrimp thrown in for more protein
24 ounce iced mocha
2 choc chip cookies
4 pc almond toffee

MIW
Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
BF was toast with peanut butter.
Lunch Home Made chili with a few crackers
Supper 2 chicken strips and breaded Cauliflower.

1 Diet pop from a SodaStream. Any opinions whether those are actually lower in sugars and caffeines than regular packaged pop?
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Wonderful news! I'm still holding my breath for a bump from all the sodium yesterday, but today I weighed 118.6! I did a happy dance and tried on all my old shorts that wouldn't fit, and now they do!

I just realized that at this point I'm almost 40 lbs down from my high in the 150s. I think I'm going to keep trying for 115, a pipe dream just a few months ago!

On another note, I really understand now what the Hellers were talking about with cravings after an insulin surge. After my RM yesterday, I still felt starving. I had no idea why since I checked online and had eaten a 1,000 calorie+ meal. I held on and the cravings subsided after a couple of hours, but I almost gave in.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
BF was toast with peanut butter.
Lunch Home Made chili with a few crackers
Supper 2 chicken strips and breaded Cauliflower.

1 Diet pop from a SodaStream. Any opinions whether those are actually lower in sugars and caffeines than regular packaged pop?
I looked online and diet soda from SodaStream looks to have 0 grams of carbs and 30 mg of caffeine. Diet Pepsi has 24 mg caffeine and Diet Coke has 30 mg.

There is also a caffeine free diet SodaStream that has 0 mg of caffeine.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Katmck!!! Keep it up and don't stop the momentum!

MIW
Old 01-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janelle112289
I've been bouncing around this week. Started at 140.4 and I've seen 138.8 141.4 137 this week. Hoping to get back to 137, that'll be a new low! I had just started a new heavy lifting program the day before I saw the 141.4, so I hope that was just water weight from sore muscles. I've been eating basically the same thing this week:
CM breakfast of 2 eggs, about 2 ounces chicken, and zucchini soup
CM lunch of 4-6 ounces of either chicken, pork, or beef with iceberg lettuce and cucumber or some sort of green veggies
RM dinner of 4-6 ounces of some chicken, pork, or beef with a green veggie, a serving of starchy vegetables and a green smoothie.
I'm trying REALLY hard not to count calories because it takes up so much of time and makes me feel a little neurotic, but honestly, that's been the hardest part of this. I know I 'can' count if I wanted to, but I want to make this as much of WOE/WOL as possible and don't want to count forever.
Janelle112289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Kat how many calories have you been eating? Have you been eating less?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

I think the fruit is triggering too much hunger. I am back to eating my one meal a day. Tail between legs..............
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I think the fruit is triggering too much hunger. I am back to eating my one meal a day. Tail between legs..............
Oriana, it is ok. You needed to try something different for a while and you did. However, you may have forgotten but I didn't on how many times you said you were making yourself crazy and how the one RM a day worked well for you.

Just remember NO diet or WOE will be perfect. There are going to be up and downs, good days and bad days. You just need the find the one that is a close to being something you can live with day in and day out. Who knows, maybe doing one meal a day, then cycling with CM's then doing fruit days is YOUR diet! LOL

MIW
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle112289 View Post
I've been bouncing around this week. Started at 140.4 and I've seen 138.8 141.4 137 this week. Hoping to get back to 137, that'll be a new low! I had just started a new heavy lifting program the day before I saw the 141.4, so I hope that was just water weight from sore muscles. I've been eating basically the same thing this week:
CM breakfast of 2 eggs, about 2 ounces chicken, and zucchini soup
CM lunch of 4-6 ounces of either chicken, pork, or beef with iceberg lettuce and cucumber or some sort of green veggies
RM dinner of 4-6 ounces of some chicken, pork, or beef with a green veggie, a serving of starchy vegetables and a green smoothie.
I'm trying REALLY hard not to count calories because it takes up so much of time and makes me feel a little neurotic, but honestly, that's been the hardest part of this. I know I 'can' count if I wanted to, but I want to make this as much of WOE/WOL as possible and don't want to count forever.
Janelle- you are sooooo close to "my" goal wt that I am rooting for you! How about you do a compromise of each thing and instead of counting calories which might make you neurotic about it just make a conscious effort to just eat less or eat until you are full and then stop. I have recently made changes from eating ice cream coffee shakes to whole milk iced mochas and not trying to cram in a certain amount of calories but just eating until I feel full and being fine with it.

For me I am the exact opposite and have to work against eating too many calories becauses I freak out at the idea of eating low calorie to lose weight. To me that registers how I dieted myself from 140-150 up into the 230's.... But I know I can't eat extreme high calorie and lose forever either.

MIW
Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Well I for one am doing great despite the scale trying it's hardest to upset me. I went from 214 to 212.2 and 212.4 then the last 2 days being 213.8 despite eating less!

However I do know TOM is fast approaching so I am chalking it up to the monthly ebb and flow of hormones and water shifts.

The reason I am doing great: I am not hungry, not having cravings, and my 10 year anniversary ring (lost my real wedding ring and this one is bigger and better and has been doing stand-in) is as lose as ever, even on my right hand which the ring finger is bigger. Also, I have not been exercising but I am looking great and can see a very nice pear shape and my butt is looking very round and perky! LOL

Basically I am liking what I am seeing in the mirror and can feel the difference. Also, I went ahead and ordered some new bras even though I was waiting until I got to the 200 range. They are just so loose there is no way I can wait any longer!

MIW
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all.

MIW - I know what you mean about the inches. I have lost inches sometimes when I don't really lose #'s. I haven't been weighing the last few days because of problem with sodium.

Today's menu:
Fish on lt bun
peach salad
yogurt
apple

Hope all have a great day.
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's RM:

1 pork chop
fired cabbage and bacon (big bowl)
24 ounce iced mocha with whole milk
3 choc chip cookies
1/3 Cadburry caramel bar

Today:

1 can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup jazzed up with cabbage, carrots, onions, canned corn

2 egg whites

4 ounce steak

Grilled cheese sandwhich

2 choc chip cookies

24 ounce iced mocha

MIW