Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i tend to lose weight the day AFTER i've been good. so mind games are my middle name!
meant to say i tend to lose weight two days after i've been really good
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #902
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:

mind tricks sometimes help me. what i do is keep my daily weight on a calendar. look at the previous week, same day (thursday to thursday, monday to monday; etc.). if your weight's lower, you do have something to rejoice over.

i tend to lose weight the day AFTER i've been good. so mind games are my middle name!

I have noticed whether being good or being bad it takes about2-3 days to show up for me too.
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #903
Junior LCF Member

Sorry if this is TMI for anyone, but let me tell ya.... EAT your veggies!!!
I have been slacking and not balancing my RM very much...welll needless to say I started getting light stomach pains and noticed my :digestion: had slowed down A LOT.
So yesterday i had salad and a mango at my RM.
All I can say is holy stomach pains!!!
It definitely jump started my "digestion" buit it was shocking how much my body had been storing.
I will definitely be eating fruit and or veggies at every Rm to keep things moving. LOL
Old 05-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Woohoo!! Down three pounds!! I got this!!
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #905
Senior LCF Member

image.jpgMy motivation

The beads on the left are the pounds I have to lose. The beads on the right are pounds lost. (I added another bead today!! after I took the pic).

Allison

Last edited by alliejon; 05-30-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #906
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Woohoo!! Down three pounds!! I got this!!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #907
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janelle112289
Hey everyone! I'm no stranger to this diet, or this lovely community, but recent health issues pulled me off course and now I'm ready to tackle this again. I'm 5'4" and had maintained my weight at 130 all through college, after losing 50 pounds in high school, basically either doing CAD or by eating low carb during the week and unbalanced CAD on the weekends. However, I started my second year of medical school this year, which let me tell ya was WAY more stressful than the first, and started a bunch of new activities including tutoring, being on my school's Admissions Committee, lifting, research, etc. As all of these stressors piled on, I noticed my sleep getting worse and worse, my eating getting less healthy, and my weight going up and up until I hit 155! Moreover, my aunt and uncle- both docs- noticed I have a thyroid goiter. So presumably all the stress killed my adrenals and thyroid. However, I'm back to CAD as of 1.5 weeks ago and am already down to 149. I was down to 145 but yesterday I messed up and gained some weight back. I'm looking forward to embarking on this journey with you guys. I've had success eating 2 CMs, one small snack CM, and a 1RM. My CMs are usually some type of meat and green vegetable and healthy fat. My RM, usually dinner but sometimes lunch, is usually the same, with some complex carb like plantain, potato, or sweet potato tacked on and maybe some chocolate and some nuts.

Last edited by Janelle112289; 05-30-2014 at 01:30 PM..
Janelle112289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #908
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TootsieRoll
Stats: 153.4/? /130
WOE: Fast-5/JUDDD
Start Date: 12/03/2014
Yay for all the losses!

I was down 0.5 this morning.
BPC for breakfast.
My lunch RM today was rushed, half of what I would usually eat and not at all balanced. It was at noon and I'm still very full and satisfied even though it was a skimpy meal. I've been running around all day doing errands and cleaning my house so it has helped keep my appetite low. I doubt I will have a CM today because I try to never eat after 5:00 PM.
TootsieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #909
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Attachment 54300My motivation

The beads on the left are the pounds I have to lose. The beads on the right are pounds lost. (I added another bead today!! after I took the pic).

Allison
This is such a great idea! Congrats! Everyone is kicking butt and taking names this week!!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #910
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi friends, I am back from our overseas trip and ate at a 5 star hotel buffet every night. That was my one meal a day but it was at least 4 plates piled high every night with everything from fruit, salads, rich cooked food, desserts. I left weighing 109.5 and came back after 10 days of just walking, no running, at 106. I didn't have a scale and was kind of nervous but thrilled to see the number when I got home. Thinking of staying off for a few more days and not getting so obsessed about that number. I know one meal a day is the key for me. I even skipped the airline meals as they looked gross even though I was starving. I just waited until we landed and ate a hardy dinner. I must say this is the first time in about 8 years that I have gone 10 days with no running. We walked around and toured a lot but to me that is nothing. So I was stressed about that too but it looks like the 3000 calories at dinner did me well. Now I am going to go on a 3 mile little jog after my rm dinner of fruit and and carrot cake cupcakes. How are your menus???

Kat, what did you have on your "off" days?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #911
Senior LCF Member

After 5 days back on, starting at 154, as of today I am down 2.5 lbs.

No starving myself and no exercise other than normal housecleaning, light yard work and keeping up with a 2 year old.

Yesterday for my lunch RM I was rushed and was grab and go, so I had some popcorn shrimp and 1/2 cup mocha ice cream and a raspberry doughnut. Missed my cucumber salad.
I did have a dinner CM last night because hubby brought home a pizza, so I stole the toppings off one slice and then because it tasted so yummy, I microwaved 2 oz cheese topped with pepperoni.

Congrats Oriana on the loss during your trip!!!

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Enjoy those RM's!
Breakfast CM this morning is BPC. I'll update later with my RM.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:33 AM   #912
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals, well I am finding more and more that it is really fasting that works best for me and that is why I lost on my trip. It really is freeing. I can eat whatever I want whenever I want or not at all. I fasted 48 hours on the flight just by accident because I didn't want to eat the yucky airline food and it really wasn't difficult. Then when I was in Israel there was a big buffet which I ate 3 plates of every night and that was my big meal of the day. I had a day of fruit for a snack and then a late buffet and on the way home I fasted again for 48 hours.

I don't worry about the hour or the time of day. I eat a lot too and what I want. Yesterday was a late lunch around 4 p.m. of a lg. ribeye, salad with ranch and 2 ice cream bars. Today I am going to eat a crate of peaches and later on 2 huge carrot cake cupcakes. Tomorrow I will fast for a dinner with my mom. This is much more freeing for me than any diet ever!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Down 0.5 this morning. Steady losses so far.

Yesterday...

Breakfast- BPC with 3 oz unsweetened coconut almond milk

RM Lunch- Restaurant Taco Salad with shredded beef (only had two bites of the shell), one tamale and a whole bowl of chips and salsa. 2 peanut butter cups for dessert that I brought with me. I wanted more sweets, but I would have gone over my one hour time limit if I had stopped to get anything.

I drank Diet Pepsi all day and had a half cup of coffee in the late evening. I had a little "boredom hunger" around dark, but I fought it off. I could have had a nice CM but I wasn't home to eat correctly. I lived through it

I'm looking forward to hearing from the rest of you ladies. How are things going for you??
Old 06-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #914
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Hi gals, well I am finding more and more that it is really fasting that works best for me and that is why I lost on my trip. It really is freeing. I can eat whatever I want whenever I want or not at all. I fasted 48 hours on the flight just by accident because I didn't want to eat the yucky airline food and it really wasn't difficult. Then when I was in Israel there was a big buffet which I ate 3 plates of every night and that was my big meal of the day. I had a day of fruit for a snack and then a late buffet and on the way home I fasted again for 48 hours.

I don't worry about the hour or the time of day. !
it is easier for me to NOT eat at all, than to eat a teeny bit, so fasting is a great tool. what a relief it must've been to come home to a weight loss! we're going on vacation in july, and my husband's giving me a hard time about wanting to bring my scale along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
This is much more freeing for me than any diet ever!
I agree! this is why JUDDD works for me, too. it's a form of IF. i'm not one of those that can eat everything i want, so i count calories. but being able to get full, at least once a day is a key to sticking with a program like this, along with consuming at least 70 g of protein. i count protein and calories, without worrying excessively about carbs. it's a dream come true.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #915
Major LCF Poster!

Jeni, I about went crazy without my scale for 10 days but I think it helped me overcome it. I was really cranky some days without knowing like I had some kind of withdrawl. I really ate a lot and only walked and was so worried I had gained. I just made sure to only eat once a day and I fasted and lost. Today I am fasting and eating one meal early today. BUT on the trip I ate dinner every night.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #916
Junior LCF Member

JUDDD and/or CAD/CALP

Hey guys,
I noticed some of you guys talking about JUDDD. I was wondering, are some people here doing JUDDD? If so, how? For instance, are some people eating CAD/CALP style on their up days? And has it improved weight loss?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #917
Senior LCF Member

RM Lunch today was salad with Thousand Island dressing, 2 small fried catfish filets, coctail sauce, 3 fried cheese sticks, and about 10 french fries. Dessert was a slice of plain cheesecake. I've drank diet pepsi all day and am about to start on water or unsweetened tea because I can't quench my thirst. I think it's all the salty food I had for my RM.

Sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself on this thread because it isn't very active lately. I almost stopped posting, but I need to hold myself accountable and keep a track of my meals so typing it all out seems to work. I keep food logs on paper, too. This is just therapeutic I guess. I also think I keep posting because maybe, just maybe, there is someone out there struggling with their weight and like me, (before CAD), can not find what works but might be encouraged by mine and everyone's experience with this plan.

I went very LC and lost a few. I then jumped from diet to diet in hopes of a miracle that would let me shed 5 lbs overnight and every night. There is no such diet. Very low carb seems to work for a lot of people but I just could not be satisfied being restricted to certain foods for the rest of my life. I was physically weak and I was a grouch on strictly low carb all day. I was hungry!!! With CAD, only 2 meals are low carb and then ya get that awesome Reward Meal!!

Not a lot of people post in this thread but I do hope that people are reading. Maybe some will get the courage to try what I have tried and lose some weight for themselves. If me posting gives anyone just a little bit of hope that this works, then I plan to keep on doing what I'm doing. Hopefully they will share their experiences with CAD once they decide to do it. I admit, in the beginning, I laughed out loud and said No Way! There is no way that I can eat what I want one meal a day and lose weight. Well the only thing I had to lose was WEIGHT. I am SO glad I found this thread and tried CAD for myself.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #918
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karegado View Post
RM Lunch today was salad with Thousand Island dressing, 2 small fried catfish filets, coctail sauce, 3 fried cheese sticks, and about 10 french fries. Dessert was a slice of plain cheesecake. I've drank diet pepsi all day and am about to start on water or unsweetened tea because I can't quench my thirst. I think it's all the salty food I had for my RM.

Sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself on this thread because it isn't very active lately. I almost stopped posting, but I need to hold myself accountable and keep a track of my meals so typing it all out seems to work. I keep food logs on paper, too. This is just therapeutic I guess. I also think I keep posting because maybe, just maybe, there is someone out there struggling with their weight and like me, (before CAD), can not find what works but might be encouraged by mine and everyone's experience with this plan.

I went very LC and lost a few. I then jumped from diet to diet in hopes of a miracle that would let me shed 5 lbs overnight and every night. There is no such diet. Very low carb seems to work for a lot of people but I just could not be satisfied being restricted to certain foods for the rest of my life. I was physically weak and I was a grouch on strictly low carb all day. I was hungry!!! With CAD, only 2 meals are low carb and then ya get that awesome Reward Meal!!

Not a lot of people post in this thread but I do hope that people are reading. Maybe some will get the courage to try what I have tried and lose some weight for themselves. If me posting gives anyone just a little bit of hope that this works, then I plan to keep on doing what I'm doing. Hopefully they will share their experiences with CAD once they decide to do it. I admit, in the beginning, I laughed out loud and said No Way! There is no way that I can eat what I want one meal a day and lose weight. Well the only thing I had to lose was WEIGHT. I am SO glad I found this thread and tried CAD for myself.
I'm reading! I love reading other people's weight loss journeys. As for me, my CM was some banana bread (only sweetened with bananas, made with almond butter and coconut flour) and a green smoothie with half a peach, 2 cups of spinach, 2 cubes frozen coconut milk and some almond milk, along with a serving of chicken and mushrooms sautéed in bacon fat, tossed with spaghetti squash in mayo-based cream sauce. That was lunch. My breakfast RM was 3 eggs and 1.5 cups of spinach cooked in half a tbsp of coconut oil. I'm about to have a dinner RM of salmon with cauliflower rice.
I am REALLY tired today for some reason, so I've been drinking water and had to take a nap.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #919
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle112289 View Post
Hey guys,
I noticed some of you guys talking about JUDDD. I was wondering, are some people here doing JUDDD? If so, how? For instance, are some people eating CAD/CALP style on their up days? And has it improved weight loss?
To me, it seems like JUDDD is similar to CAD, only using every other day, instead of 2 small meals and 1 large on each day.

I think CAD will work better in my world, so sticking to it. Just need to stay on plan....
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #920
Junior LCF Member

Same here. I always preemptively mess myself up but trying to tweak my diet but in the long run, i just need to stay consistent to get consistent results. i'm sticking with CAD/CALP.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:52 AM   #921
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cali girl
Stats: 213/186/135 (5'7"- 57yrs)
Hi everyone,
I'm back. I have not posted because I have been on vacation.
I was not on plan at all!

I'm not going to weigh myself until I'm back on CAD for a few days.
I can just feel that I gained. I'm going to just let vacations be what
they are vacations!
Cali girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #922
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle112289 View Post
Hey guys,
i wouldn't say CAD improves weight loss (at least for me). what it does is curtail cravings. if you can keep those under control, you can follow any diet.

i couldn't lose weight strictly doing CAD without calorie counting. that's just me (because i can eat a house if i let myself!). i need some restraint.

CAD = keep all of your carbs within RM meal; noncarb for CMs
JUDDD = 2200 up days / 500 calorie down days

i find if i keep my carbs within one meal a day, i am much happier, without cravings. a typical menu, when incorporating them together looks like this:

M - 400 calories around noon; 100 calorie CM at 5:00 pm
T - 200 calorie CM at 8:00 a.m.; 1800 calorie RM at noon; 200 calorie CM at 5:00 p.m.

i'm mostly in maintenance, dabbling in JUDDD only occasionally. but when i do, my menu looks like that. (i do want to lose 6 more pounds but my face seems to show losses so easily that i need to do this slowly, at this point.)

as far as i'm concerned, my method is THE ONLY METHOD. i know that's not technically true, but believe me, i've tried everything. this is the only thing that's worked. the ups and downs of JUDDD seem to trick my body and cause the loss. without ups and downs, i would still be almost 300 lbs. i've never been normal, and this has been the key to loosening my body from its grip on fat. i have serious leptin problems. i'm never "full". always have been this way. obese since a child. i've never been "normal", could never lose weight like other people. i never won ANY diet competitions with family/friends...until two years ago when i stumbled onto JUDDD.

i'd previously tried CAD (and loved it!) but could only seem to lose 20 pounds the first few months, even though i stayed on it for an entire year. in retrospect, i think that if i'd counted calories at that time, i may have lost more weight. i'll never know. lol

but for maintenance, i've found CAD is a wonderful method! easy to follow! fun to follow! this saturday it will be 3 months since i hit my previous goal. i absolutely love CAD!

Last edited by jenericstewart; 06-02-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Old 06-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #923
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
It's been quite a few years since I posted in this group and since I've done CAD. I'm planning on getting back to it as soon as I dust off the book and read it again. This plan worked well for me back in the day and although I've stayed with mostly low carb since then (a few strays over the years) I think I like this plan best.

Extreme chronic stress plus a few attempts at following plans that my dr. recommended just added more weight as did side effects from a few meds (I'm no longer taking them).

So I'm working on getting the weight off, getting my fitness back and being healthy again. I hope to participate here regularly again once I get started.

Have a great day! Talk to you all soon!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Great to see people posting and reading!

Up 2 lbs this morning. I knew I would be, from all the salty foods I had yesterday. My rings were tight so I knew before I ever stepped on the scale I would be sad. It's only fluid retention so I'm not gonna worry at all. No way did I eat enough yesterday to gain 2 real pounds! I could have thrown in the towel and said what's the use, all my efforts for a gain, and used that as my excuse to binge today... but I know by tomorrow it will be gone again! I can NOT let one small disappointment today, ruin my tomorrow. I know this works if I work with it
Today...
Breakfast Cm- BPC with 3 oz unsweetened coconut almond milk
Snack CM- 1/2 cucumber soaked in lc Itailian dressing, turkey & cream cheese rollup. ( I rarely snack but I plan a later than usual Lunch RM today and did not want to do anything foolish like eat off plan before my RM. I have 6 raspberry doughnuts on the counter that have been calling out to me since yesterday. lol)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #925
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Hello, all!

I'm still checking in and reading others' posts, but I still won't have time for a substantial post myself for another week or so. Moved all the heavy stuff this Saturday, but there is still a ton to be done at the old place and at the new, including landscaping and rearranging furniture, hanging pictures and mirrors on the walls, etc. I still haven't even brought the scale over from the old house but am currently living in the new house. I hope to get it over here the next couple of days so I can weigh and adjust my plan accordingly.

This thread has never really been "hopping" as long as I've been here, but there's a nice stable of folks who post every so often to update. I really like how nice everyone is on this board.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #926
Junior LCF Member

Hey ladies,
Sorry I wont be on much do to work stuff the next couple weeks. But I will check in when I can.
I hope you had a awesome weekend!!
Keep low carbin it!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #927
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Those 2 lbs are gone again

Yesterday Lunch RM- 6 fish sticks with ketchup, broccoli sauteed in chopped bacon, one raspberry donut and 2 cups mocha ice cream. The broccoli was delicious and I think I'll have the leftovers today with some other foods at my RM.

I need to drink more water/fluids today. I feel bloated. The last few days I haven't drank enough and I'm feelin' it.

Total loss in 7 days is 3lbs. Might not be much but I didn't struggle or crave, or go to bed hungry and I ate what I wanted to eat! I probably could have lost another pound if I had drank more water and not had 4 of my meals at a restaurant, lol. Too much salt! My RM calories have stayed in the 1400 range each day. I can cut those down once the donuts are out of the house

Breakfast CM today- BPC with 3 oz unsweetened coconut almond milk.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karegado View Post
Might not be much
why, that's awesome!!!! nothing "not" much about that!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #929
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
why, that's awesome!!!! nothing "not" much about that!!!
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #930
Senior LCF Member

Ugh!! I was back up on the scale today. I had a tooth pulled yesterday... Didn't overeat, but didn't eat on plan either. I am needing soft food (can you say mac and cheese?), and I don't feel up to eating veggies or meats... The tooth hole is very sore... I am going to let myself off the hook a few days while I get through this pain.