Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #871
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I think it reads 10 or less. That is my memory...
I should be good to go then.
I dont really like cm's but lately do to longer summer days I usually need a lil something to tide me over to the next day.
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 AM   #872
Junior LCF Member

I know we are supposed to weigh everyday to get our weekly average, but it is SOOOO discouraging when it fluctuates :/ cant wait till saturday to have my average!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Welcome Heart and Soul!!! Your success is very encouraging!! I am hitting rock bottom at the moment. I, like you, purchased the book a while back - read it, and never tried it (though I did change my breakfast to include high protein, which changed my life for the better - I never understood why I had low blood sugar every single day of my life for 35 years before that - eating high carb breakfast).

I finally tried CAD and lost 25 pounds easily. Relaxed the rules (feeling in control) and soon I was eating everything in sight. I did the same thing about two more times - always losing about 20-25 pounds and then relaxing.

Just yesterday I thought I was going to do Weight Watchers, but it hit me last night that I've never really had success with Weight Watchers (one time I lost, but never got to goal and never kept up with it).

I need to get real and realize that CAD is the only program I've been able to stick to... I just need to stick with it for a lifetime instead of getting relaxed.

I really enjoy this board. I hope you can post before/after pictures!! I get so encouraged by others' successes!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #874
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Welcome Heart and Soul!!! Your success is very encouraging!! I am hitting rock bottom at the moment. I, like you, purchased the book a while back - read it, and never tried it (though I did change my breakfast to include high protein, which changed my life for the better - I never understood why I had low blood sugar every single day of my life for 35 years before that - eating high carb breakfast).

I finally tried CAD and lost 25 pounds easily. Relaxed the rules (feeling in control) and soon I was eating everything in sight. I did the same thing about two more times - always losing about 20-25 pounds and then relaxing.

Just yesterday I thought I was going to do Weight Watchers, but it hit me last night that I've never really had success with Weight Watchers (one time I lost, but never got to goal and never kept up with it).

I need to get real and realize that CAD is the only program I've been able to stick to... I just need to stick with it for a lifetime instead of getting relaxed.

I really enjoy this board. I hope you can post before/after pictures!! I get so encouraged by others' successes!!!
I agree with everything you said (except I tried IF and reg atkins....)
CAD is something I could stick with long-term, if I would just do it.

Good luck to you, and I hope for me also!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #875
Senior LCF Member

CAD today

Hi all,

I had a pretty big (RM for sure) breakfast. I am going to commit to having the rest of my meals today as CM to get back on track.

Totally cancelled my weight watchers membership already. That was a lapse in judgement that cost me about $42 dollars!!

It's funny - in the past, if I can get through 3 days of CAD I get on a roll without issues... So here's to day 1!!!

(I am at an all time high with my weight. I bought glass beads last night to put in a jar to represent the pounds I need to lose - as I lose weight, I'll move the beads from one jar to another - giving me a visual of each pound lost.).

Allison
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #876
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Art_Soul View Post
Hello Everyone!
I am so excited to finally join this group. I have been lurking for awhile
I have been overweight my entire life and I am so excited to find something that works for me finally and I am not suffering - which is even more exciting! I started CAD the 1st of this year and have lost 37 lbs so far...With Adkins it took me 6 years to lose 29 lbs from my heaviest at 367... lots of going on and off again... it was exhausting! I actually purchased the book over 2 years ago at Goodwill. I read it and thought to myself... that sounds nice, but there is no way that this can work. I finally decided to try it... I wish I could go back 2 years into the past and hit myself upside the head with that book. LOL I still can't believe it! Losing weight and eating cake and icecream everyday! When I go down a clothing size my 1st assumption is that the clothes are being made bigger now. (I now I am not right) I love this plan so much - it is soooooo easy for me! I am looking forward to sharing with and getting to know you all! I can't wait to share my journey and learn from you and hopefully be of support to you as well!

I LOVE SUCCESS STORIES!!!
I am a newbie, can you share what your cm's and rm's consist of?
Welcome!!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #877
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi all,

I had a pretty big (RM for sure) breakfast. I am going to commit to having the rest of my meals today as CM to get back on track.

Totally cancelled my weight watchers membership already. That was a lapse in judgement that cost me about $42 dollars!!

It's funny - in the past, if I can get through 3 days of CAD I get on a roll without issues... So here's to day 1!!!

(I am at an all time high with my weight. I bought glass beads last night to put in a jar to represent the pounds I need to lose - as I lose weight, I'll move the beads from one jar to another - giving me a visual of each pound lost.).

Allison
I dont even want to think of the $100s of dollars i have wasted on fad diets and gym memberships!!!
Good Luck on your first day!!!!
Remeber, if you get a craving, you are only 20ish hours away from getting to eat it

I also have bead jars, LOVE IT.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #878
Senior LCF Member

So far so good on day 1!!

I ate RM breakfast 8:15... no hunger issues.

I ate CM lunch at 1:15 - still no hunger.

Hubby is cooking steaks tonight, so I will enjoy that CM!!!

If I need a CM snack, I will have chicken, cheese, and miracle whip rollup....

I have a headache today... not sure what that is about.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #879
Big Yapper!!!!

Had CM---BF was 2 mozzarella sticks.
Lunch was 4 mozzarella sticks and diet pop.

Now debating what for RM, but not hungry yet. Was going to do eggs, but think I need to get some carbs for RM, or will defeat myself before I get started........

Ribeye and something?????
Old 05-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #880
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TootsieRoll
Stats: 152.6/148.4 /130
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: 09/16/2014
I'm back after a few weeks of trying something different. It seems no matter what I tried, I always had a craving and always gave in after day 3. I've been up and down the same 5 lbs and it's time to do what I know works. It works because I know I'm not restricted. Started back on Monday and I've lost 1.5 lbs. I eat my RM anywhere between 11 and 2 and I cringe at the thought of food for the rest of the day. I don't have to do any special shopping and it is so nice to eat real food!
Today...
bf- BPC with 3 tbs coconut almond milk
snack CM- 6 slices deli turkey w/ 2tbs whipped cream cheese
RM late lunch- Chipped pork loin in red chili sauce, 2 tortillas, 8 goldfish crackers, cinnamon roll and drumstick ice cream cone. Not balanced but it works for me!
I drink unsweetened tea, water and Diet Pepsi all day long.

I'm hanging in there this time. It's less stressful and no cheating involved to make me feel guilty and then binge. THIS WORKS!
TootsieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #881
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karegado View Post
I'm back after a few weeks of trying something different. It seems no matter what I tried, I always had a craving and always gave in after day 3. I've been up and down the same 5 lbs and it's time to do what I know works. It works because I know I'm not restricted. Started back on Monday and I've lost 1.5 lbs. I eat my RM anywhere between 11 and 2 and I cringe at the thought of food for the rest of the day. I don't have to do any special shopping and it is so nice to eat real food!
Today...
RM late lunch- Chipped pork loin in red chili sauce, 2 tortillas, 8 goldfish crackers, cinnamon roll and drumstick ice cream cone. Not balanced but it works for me!

I'm hanging in there this time. It's less stressful and no cheating involved to make me feel guilty and then binge. THIS WORKS!
Good to know the SF drinks don't hurt your plan. I may drink those to get thru the days for awhile, and then slowly cut those out, as it is easier to stay on plan.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #882
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Good to know the SF drinks don't hurt your plan. I may drink those to get thru the days for awhile, and then slowly cut those out, as it is easier to stay on plan.
I used to drink a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi a day. Never drank water and very seldom drank tea. When I drank tea it was sweetened. We like it sweet in the south
Since March, I've added water and unsweetened tea to my day and I don't crave the soda as much. I could never do this plan if I had to completely give it up. I drink 4 glasses a day probably. It keeps me satisfied.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:51 AM   #883
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I used to drink a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi a day. Never drank water and very seldom drank tea. When I drank tea it was sweetened. We like it sweet in the south
Since March, I've added water and unsweetened tea to my day and I don't crave the soda as much. I could never do this plan if I had to completely give it up. I drink 4 glasses a day probably. It keeps me satisfied.
I have given up most Diet pop (12 oz per day is my goal.....rest is Crystal Light and Mio drops) But trying to increase water. Not doing any coffee this time of year.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:57 AM   #884
Senior LCF Member

I've got to have my one cup of BPC in the mornings or I can't function :/ (and my family fears me until I do) I did try giving up my diet soda in the beginning, but the cravings were too bad. I added them back and saw no stall or gain so I was happy. I quit smoking last November so it was way too hard to let go of my diet pepsi too. Won't do it until it becomes a problem. So far so good
Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #885
Senior LCF Member

What is BPC?

I have never felt the need to give up diet sodas. They help me get through the day. I have always been able to lose when on plan even with diet sodas. I agree - if I ever get stuck, I would consider weaning off of them...

I am down 2 pounds from my all time high! It's a start. One thing my brother called to my attention - any day you do CAD, it works... to cut the cravings.

The day I tried weight watchers, I still craved food all day. That is the difference. The calories might be similar, but how I "feel" mentally is so much better on CAD.

I started my glass bead jar!! I have the pounds to lose on the left and the pounds lost on the right.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #886
Senior LCF Member

BPC is bulletproof coffee. (Google it for specifics) It's coffee with 1-2 tbs real butter and 1-2 tbs coconut oil added. I brew my cup of coffee with my keurig and pour the coffee into a mason jar. Add the butter and coconut oil, put the lid on and shake. IT IS HOT so use a potholder or towel. It'll get frothy. Pour into mug and drink. It makes you really full. I'm never hungry until my RM lunch when I have my BPC.

Congrats on the 2lb loss!

Today I don't really want my RM. Isn't it odd than when we aren't restricted, we lose strong cravings??
Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #887
Senior LCF Member

I'm not a fast eater, and I find it curious that people can actually go over the one hour time limit. I am always finished within 30-40 minutes of starting my very large RM.

Woke up this morning knowing I would show a small gain (+4 oz). My rings were very tight and I expected they would be. My RM yesterday was very, very salty. I overdid it with the garlic salt.

Today...
BK- BPC with 3 tbs unsweetened coconut almond milk
RM Lunch- Fish, Roasted potatoes, cucumber and tomato salad w/Italian Dressing, 3 Hershey Dark Kisses, Drumstick Cone, 1/4 cup cantaloupe, Diet Pepsi. (Around 1300 calories and I am very full!!!)
CM- tbd if I need one, rarely do.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #888
Senior LCF Member

HAHA!! I don't drink coffee, but if I did butter and coconut would be the way to go!!

I have a migraine today... not feeling too good. I think I'll go to bed early.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #889
Senior LCF Member

Drumstick cones are one of my favorite treats during RM!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #890
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Drumstick cones are one of my favorite treats during RM!!!
I'll be glad when they're all gone
Old 05-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #891
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Today...

I can completely relate to the....other diets I always get cravings...or the 5lbs and I bail method
I also get a lil nauseated by food later in the day, but no where near as bad as I did on Atkins.
AWESOME rm!!! Thats sounds delicious. I was sick this morning so mine was small and nothing special, but I did have mango, which I love!!

WELCOME BACK TO CAD
Old 05-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #892
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Good news!! Thanks. I am trying to lay off of it becuase I heard wispers that it can stall weight loss. But its nice to see it doesnt do it to everyone!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #893
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
HAHA!! I don't drink coffee, but if I did butter and coconut would be the way to go!!

I have a migraine today... not feeling too good. I think I'll go to bed early.
When i first started back I got headaches for about the first 4 days....
Hopefully they will pass!!
I considered it carb withdrawl or possibly sugar withdrawl.

Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #894
Junior LCF Member

I am on Day 16ish and I am down 3.8lbs. YAY!!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #895
Senior LCF Member

I found that stress from dieting caused my headaches. Since I'm back to CAD, with no fear of a binge...no headaches. I try to not over-think this plan.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Great job Cookie!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #897
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I found that stress from dieting caused my headaches. Since I'm back to CAD, with no fear of a binge...no headaches. I try to not over-think this plan.
Thtas a good point.... maybe thats what it was
Old 05-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #898
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Great job Cookie!
Thank you!!!!
I was getting nervous because my weight has been fluctuating A LOT!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #899
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrazy View Post
Thank you!!!!
Mine does too. But keep in mind that the scale is not the biggest determining factor here. Measure your body! Inches matter I can be up a number on the scale but my clothes still fit looser so I know I'm doing something right.

I was actually eating more calories on just plain LC than I eat on CAD. Just to stay full enough to not be miserable on LC I was eating 600-800 more calories a day.

I now have more energy and it IS working

Last edited by TootsieRoll; 05-29-2014 at 12:25 PM..
Old 05-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #900
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/176/168; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD / >100 g protein
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:

I now have more energy and it IS working

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrazy View Post
Thank you!!!!
mind tricks sometimes help me. what i do is keep my daily weight on a calendar. look at the previous week, same day (thursday to thursday, monday to monday; etc.). if your weight's lower, you do have something to rejoice over.

i tend to lose weight the day AFTER i've been good. so mind games are my middle name!
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote