Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 AM   #781
Junior LCF Member
 
CookieCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 59
Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
I am down one lb today....its my first loss (Im on day three) It still feels unreal that I am LOSING weight while still eating ANY of my favorite foods....I am soo excited!!!!!
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #782
Junior LCF Member
 
CookieCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 59
Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
Wow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Kat, I still drink diet coke and coffee in the morning but it is black. I have not had problems with cravings. My friend who lost 90 pounds and eats one huge meal a day has maintained for many years now eating like this. She also drinks a 2 liter bottle of diet mt. Dew throughout the day. She wears a size 6 and eats A LOT. The other day she posted me and had just finished her rm which her dessert itself was 6 of the Dairy Queen ice cream sandwiches. Prolly eats about 2500-3000 calorie rms most days. She doesn't balance and never has.

This is really encouraging!
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #783
Senior LCF Member
 
jenericstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 409
Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
i don't know if it's feasible to have the freedom to eat 2500-3000 calories a day following CAD (BBD, SEC, etc.) and still lose weight. a select few may be able to maintain a weight loss eating that much, but to lose weight one must have a deficit. a "deficit" for one may cause a gain in another. everyone is different...

at my highest, i did not eat vast amounts. i probably ate under 2500 regularly. now, I meticulously count calories, and when i've gone over 2000, i gain weight. for my height, weight, activity level, and age, i'm burning a normal amount of calories. this, in itself, is so encouraging (JUDDD did not mess up my metabolism!), but i absolutely love CAD for maintenance. there's no other way to live.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-16-2014 at 07:52 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #784
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers View Post
If you eat red meat or poultry or even fish, and eggs (eggs are rich in B12) you won't be deficient of B12. A non vegetarian who's B12 deficient is an extremely rare thing and obviously the person is deficient because they are barely eating any animal products. The only diet in which you can actually die with no supplementation is a vegan diet. McDougall said we have years worth of B12 stored in our bodies coming to veganism from meat eating. But what about children who are vegans? They must supplement B12 or die. So, while I understand your experiment...MIW eating too much meat is bad too, I agree with a diet heavy in vegetables of all colors..nuts, and seeds... that's why I am trying to eat ovo lacto and then just ovo vegetarian. I was born allergic to dairy.
There is a book called "Could it be B12?." Vitamin B12 is not a rare thing. Upwards of 60% of westernized cultures have Vitamin B12 deficiencies. I was even told by an co-worker internal medicine doctor last week that a new study just showed that Metformin/Glucophage (a common pill to help diabetics keep blood sugars lower) causes blockage of absorption. I was like, "Hmmmm...." how many OTHER drugs are people on that are not even studied that block Vitamin B12 that no one has any idea about? Vit B12 causes so many vague neurologic symptoms that people think they have neuralgia, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia, a kink in their neck or back, etc and don't even look to nutrition as the cause.

I am getting my B12 and a slew of other labs done this month and will do a comparison in the next 6-12 months of eating this way as I am curious. Plus if I do make this a lifestyle I will do them as the years go by.

MIW
__________________
Starting Weight: 235lbs Starting Date: November 1, 2012 WOE: CAD/CALP and loving it! Staying on plan, not giving up, making it work! If not me, who? If not now, when?
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Today I was 211.8 lbs!!! And I have been eating 2000-3000 calories easily daily. And I haven't been able to exercise last few days. I got an IUD placed last month and it is common to have excessive bleeding and long periods (both of which happened to me) so I may be a bit anemic which probably explains lack of energy. I am taking it easy but may walk later today. My TOM this time lasted 9 days! Normal is 4-5 for me. Plus my cycle was 21 days instead of 26-28. It "should" normalize in the next 4 months or so...

When I get a chance later for kicks I will post some of my food logs.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i don't know if it's feasible to have the freedom to eat 2500-3000 calories a day following CAD (BBD, SEC, etc.) and still lose weight. a select few may be able to maintain a weight loss eating that much, but to lose weight one must have a deficit. a "deficit" for one may cause a gain in another. everyone is different...

at my highest, i did not eat vast amounts. i probably ate under 2500 regularly. now, I meticulously count calories, and when i've gone over 2000, i gain weight. for my height, weight, activity level, and age, i'm burning a normal amount of calories. this, in itself, is so encouraging (JUDDD did not mess up my metabolism!), but i absolutely love CAD for maintenance. there's no other way to live.
I totally agree as that is what happened to me. Even when I started going to IF and eating my RM for breakfast and that was my only meal I just plain stopped losing. I was staying 212-215 for about a year and I was eating 1800-3000 calories daily. The best I got was 209 for a minute but then went back up. However I was slowly INCREASING my calories so I think I was changing my metabolism into a fuel burner and not a fuel storer even though I was maintaining. It takes time but people CAN change their metabolism and heal it and eat more and still lose weight.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member
 
KatMck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 213
Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 09/20/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrazy View Post
I am down one lb today....its my first loss (Im on day three) It still feels unreal that I am LOSING weight while still eating ANY of my favorite foods....I am soo excited!!!!!
Congrats, CookieCrazy! I hit a new low today myself at 107.4, even after all that Tex Mex yesterday. I will say though that I didn't enjoy yesterday evening at all. I had a headache and felt starved. I don't think there's anything wrong with one meal a day, and I applaud those that can do it, but I need a little something to top me off in the evening or I am miserable. I think since I'm trying to maintain that even on days I have a huge meal like that I will still have a small CM in the evenings. After all, I lost after yesterday and that is no longer the goal. Last night was no fun!!
KatMck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrazy View Post
I am down one lb today....its my first loss (Im on day three) It still feels unreal that I am LOSING weight while still eating ANY of my favorite foods....I am soo excited!!!!!
Congrats and keep it going! I lost 20 pounds the most easiest I ever had on CAD.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #789
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Here are my VEGAN super carby meals from the last couple of days along with calories. I am stupefied that I have lost even with the amounts I have been eating but ALSO that I have hyperinsulinemia but am not having the symptoms with eating all these carbs. I had a fast glucose of 103 that was after a 22 hour fast and that is in the pre-diabetic range. Later I was able to get it into the 80's and while doing Vegan I have spot checked and my FBS is still in the 80's.

l used to get rebound hunger, tired, shaky, irritable, have cravings, etc when eating the SAD along with struggling to lose and easily gaining back all the weight and then some on top of it. Those are some of the main symptoms of hyperinsulinemia, along with low blood sugars after eating which means I was putting out more insulin that needed.

I am now on day 26. Wk 1-2 my weight was 214-216 range. Week 3 was 212-214 range. Now at week 4 I am in the 211-213 range so I can see the downward trend.


Wed:

B- 1 Liter fresh squeezed orange juice 450 calories
10 bananas and 7 dates 1280
L- 1 Cup frozen blueberries 110
2 Cups frozen mango 240
D- 20 pc of homemade sushi 850
(Vegan only rice and veggies) Total 2930

Thurs:

B- 1 Liter fresh apple juice 450
10 banana 10 date smoothie 1330
L- 10 small corn tortillas with 900
1 avocado, 2 lrg tomatoes 300
1 Cup misc veggies 50
D- same as Lunch 1250

Total 4280

I am not hungry between meals. I do not get cravings and I am sleeping better. Even better than when on CAD. I eat until I am full or stuffed and easily carries me to the next meal. Even after drinking apple juice or orange juice. I have to remind myself to get more calories!


MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,610
Gallery: oriana
MIW post those food logs!!!!! I love OJ. I do have to watch eating late at night though as I get restless and can't sleep with a bowlful of pasta in my belly! LOL! I had a huge salad last week and even though it hardly had any calories I was tossing and turning all night. I do best with a heavy fruit/vegan meal at lunch but it is nice to know I can eat as much as I want and many times it is 3000 calories. If I eat high fat thought I gain.

Last edited by oriana; 05-16-2014 at 10:53 AM..
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,610
Gallery: oriana
Ladies, I have to explain that my diet is mostly raw as you see I ate a whole head of romaine lettuce with my burrito which was filled with rice, beans, salsa.........mostly all raw and vegan. BUT my body cries out for fruit and lots of it. Today I will be eating 10 mangos. I love the energy I get. Kat, I too do not like the physical or psycological of not eating at night. I make myself go to bed early so I don't have to face being hungry. I would rather have a nice big salad or something to look forward to. The only difficult part of eating a lot of raw food is that it takes prep time and cutting.

I am glad we have a variety of diets going here. If need be we can always make a raw vegan board or breakfast board or big lunch board.! LOL!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,610
Gallery: oriana
MIW I remember you losing and then on CAD/BBD and then all of a sudden you started gaining out of no where. That was what was scary. I don't think that is going to happen with raw til 4. I believe the weight gains on raw are from the water holding the fiber in your colon and then when it is flushed out it is gone. So it isn't a true weight gain. I also love the (not to be gross) frequent trips to the bathroom. It is a very cleansing and light feeling that you have throughout the day. I certainly have more energy to run on all this sugar. I could never go without desserts and now with fruit I can eat it to my hearts content!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,610
Gallery: oriana
I ended up eating a very late lunch and now I don't think I CAN eat dinner. It is better though when it comes naturally and I don't force myself not to eat. I had mangos and carrot cake.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Ladies, I have to explain that my diet is mostly raw as you see I ate a whole head of romaine lettuce with my burrito which was filled with rice, beans, salsa.........mostly all raw and vegan. BUT my body cries out for fruit and lots of it. Today I will be eating 10 mangos. I love the energy I get. Kat, I too do not like the physical or psycological of not eating at night. I make myself go to bed early so I don't have to face being hungry. I would rather have a nice big salad or something to look forward to. The only difficult part of eating a lot of raw food is that it takes prep time and cutting.

I am glad we have a variety of diets going here. If need be we can always make a raw vegan board or breakfast board or big lunch board.! LOL!
I know... the prep time.

I was telling my Hubby yesterday that we are such a fast food and convenience food culture. I am now into "slow food" and am at least grateful that I don't have to go out and garden it and dig it up (yet anyways) to get my food nor do we have to go out and hunt and kill and skin our other foods in this country. Remember when mom used to cook a dinner and everyone sat around the table and ate together? That is such a rarity anymore and really it SHOULDN'T be! Food should bring us all together!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #795
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW I remember you losing and then on CAD/BBD and then all of a sudden you started gaining out of no where. That was what was scary. I don't think that is going to happen with raw til 4. I believe the weight gains on raw are from the water holding the fiber in your colon and then when it is flushed out it is gone. So it isn't a true weight gain. I also love the (not to be gross) frequent trips to the bathroom. It is a very cleansing and light feeling that you have throughout the day. I certainly have more energy to run on all this sugar. I could never go without desserts and now with fruit I can eat it to my hearts content!
Ya I know. I think part of it was that even though I had been doing High Calorie wt loss for a while it just wasn't working anymore- at least with the foods I was eating. So far my body really likes this!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #796
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
So I lied and I DID have the energy today to exercise and in addition to my 30 minute walk I did another 30 minutes of calisthenics and ab work.

Also go my doctor's apt scheduled but they can't get me in until late July but I will see after a solid 90 days doing mainly Raw Vegan what all my labs will look like and I got a printout of the last time I had a full work up which was.... 10 years ago. LOL But at least I was in the depths of the SAD and WW back then and everything was fine so we shall see what 18 months of CAD and 3 months of Veganism will do to my body 10 years later.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #797
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
There is a book called "Could it be B12?." Vitamin B12 is not a rare thing. Upwards of 60% of westernized cultures have Vitamin B12 deficiencies. I was even told by an co-worker internal medicine doctor last week that a new study just showed that Metformin/Glucophage (a common pill to help diabetics keep blood sugars lower) causes blockage of absorption. I was like, "Hmmmm...." how many OTHER drugs are people on that are not even studied that block Vitamin B12 that no one has any idea about? Vit B12 causes so many vague neurologic symptoms that people think they have neuralgia, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia, a kink in their neck or back, etc and don't even look to nutrition as the cause.

I am getting my B12 and a slew of other labs done this month and will do a comparison in the next 6-12 months of eating this way as I am curious. Plus if I do make this a lifestyle I will do them as the years go by.

MIW
I meant Vitamin B12 deficiency is not a rare thing.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Ok so here is today's breakdown:

Wt 211.8 lbs

30 min cardio
20 min calisthenics/abs

B- 10 banana 10 date smoothie 1330

L- 10 banana 8 date smoothie 1240

(I have a lot of ripe bananas I am eating up!)

D- 10 small corn tortillas with same veggies as yesterday 1250

Total calories 3820

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member
 
jenericstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 409
Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Amen and Amen! Some of us, and I'm right at the top of the list, just can't handle liberty. I would eat all day, every day, if I let myself. I think it's familial--my grandmother, short and round like me, said she just never felt full. (Well, there WAS that time she ate 3/4 of a 12" pecan pie all by herself, but that may have been the only time.)
these few sentences really encouraged me, believe it or not. i thought i was the only one. i've seen educational shows on prader-willi syndrome kids, and they reminded me of me.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
212 on the dot today

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
211.6 Today! This is definitely moving me along in the direction I want to go. LOL

Yesterday:
I had my 10 banana 10 date smoothie for breakfast 1330 calories

1/2 a pineapple and 2 bananas for lunch 310 caloires

Dinner 4 rolls of vegan sushi:

3 cups white rice, 2 cups veggies 750

Total for the day: 2390

There would have been an extra 450 calories yesterday but I didn't eat all my pineapple I brought for lunch and I ended up sharing a good portion of my sushi with a friend who came over last night unexpected. Don't get me wrong I was happy to share and wasn't hungry because I missed out on that extra quantity of food. I felt great but I would have eaten it if it was there and my goal is to be closer to 3000 AT MINIMUM most days which so far I have been.

Today for exercise (pray for me please...) I am going to get back on my bike (Hubby got me a new one) and mountain bike up and down my road system for at least 20 and up to 30 minutes if I can handle it. There are a couple of impressive hills so I am hoping to build up my endurance a bit.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:02 AM   #802
Junior LCF Member
 
CookieCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 59
Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
Agreed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Congrats, CookieCrazy! I hit a new low today myself at 107.4, even after all that Tex Mex yesterday. I will say though that I didn't enjoy yesterday evening at all. I had a headache and felt starved. I don't think there's anything wrong with one meal a day, and I applaud those that can do it, but I need a little something to top me off in the evening or I am miserable. I think since I'm trying to maintain that even on days I have a huge meal like that I will still have a small CM in the evenings. After all, I lost after yesterday and that is no longer the goal. Last night was no fun!!

So far, For CM's I drink a atkins shake and cucumber.
I am not really a breakfast or lunch person.
I really look forward to a fulfilling RM for dinner.
Headaches are the worst!!! I hope you are feeling better.
Sorry, I am new to the site and its a litlle confusing, but, how much weight have you lost?
How "balanced" are your RMs??
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:03 AM   #803
Junior LCF Member
 
CookieCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 59
Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
212 on the dot today

MIW
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 AM   #804
Junior LCF Member
 
CookieCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 59
Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i don't know if it's feasible to have the freedom to eat 2500-3000 calories a day following CAD (BBD, SEC, etc.) and still lose weight. a select few may be able to maintain a weight loss eating that much, but to lose weight one must have a deficit. a "deficit" for one may cause a gain in another. everyone is different...

at my highest, i did not eat vast amounts. i probably ate under 2500 regularly. now, I meticulously count calories, and when i've gone over 2000, i gain weight. for my height, weight, activity level, and age, i'm burning a normal amount of calories. this, in itself, is so encouraging (JUDDD did not mess up my metabolism!), but i absolutely love CAD for maintenance. there's no other way to live.


I am definitely still trying to learn how to eat this way as a way of life.
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #805
Senior LCF Member
 
KatMck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 213
Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 09/20/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrazy View Post
So far, For CM's I drink a atkins shake and cucumber.
I am not really a breakfast or lunch person.
I really look forward to a fulfilling RM for dinner.
Headaches are the worst!!! I hope you are feeling better.
Sorry, I am new to the site and its a litlle confusing, but, how much weight have you lost?
How "balanced" are your RMs??
Hi, CookieCrazy! The details under my avatar include my height, starting weight, current weight, goal, etc.

I lost around 25 lbs or so on regular low carb and then switched to CALP for the last 20 or so. I started losing at above 150, started CALP at 130 lbs and am now 107 lbs. I actually saw 106 this weekend as well. I have been successfully maintaining at goal for two months, and while I don't balance my RMs now, I balanced them during the weight loss phase whenever possible.
KatMck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #806
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,610
Gallery: oriana
Kat, guess it's time for you to have another free day!!! 106 is awesome you skinny you!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #807
Senior LCF Member
 
KatMck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 213
Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 09/20/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Kat, guess it's time for you to have another free day!!! 106 is awesome you skinny you!
LOL, thanks, Oriana! I'm trying to take it day by day. How's your BBD going?
KatMck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:28 AM   #808
Senior LCF Member
 
Cali girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bills Country
Posts: 158
Gallery: Cali girl
Stats: 213/186/135 (5'7"- 57yrs)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept.1st.2014 - 191lbs.
Hi everyone,
I was posting on the one meal a day but not to many people
on there.
So hope I can post here.

I'm eating one meal a day (around 5 pm.) everyday then on the
Weekends I am eating lunch and dinner

I think I'm actually doing CAD anyway. I will have to watch my carbs on
One of my meals on the weekend as I was not doing that. Or maybe I'm
Not supposed to have any carbs.

This is only my 2nd week doing this, was doing LC but I could not stick to it
long term. I would LC then pig out on carbs and my wt. would go up and
down. Always staying in the high 190s. I am so sick of it. I just can't stick to
anything that tells me I can't have certain foods.

I have to find something that works for me. Hopefully this is it. I had got down
to 183 but it's been a while along while.
Cali girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #809
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 29
Gallery: tbagram
Stats: 249/230/180
WOE: The Big Breakfast/IF
Start Date: 4/28/14
Hi Cali, Im new to this too, and still trying to find my "nitch". It seems to be a combo of plans in my opinion. I eat a big breakfast and then a medium lunch. Im basicly IF but having carbs only at breakfast. My goal yesterday was to have just the two meals between 8 and 2 but shoved a plain hambruger patty in my mouth around 6. I feel slimmer today but the scales are not moving.After years of low carb I too feel the need to have more. I am watching my calories because I'm now 63 and it's tougher to get the weight off.
tbagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member
 
Cali girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bills Country
Posts: 158
Gallery: Cali girl
Stats: 213/186/135 (5'7"- 57yrs)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept.1st.2014 - 191lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram View Post
Hi Cali, Im new to this too, and still trying to find my "nitch". It seems to be a combo of plans in my opinion. I eat a big breakfast and then a medium lunch. Im basicly IF but having carbs only at breakfast. My goal yesterday was to have just the two meals between 8 and 2 but shoved a plain hambruger patty in my mouth around 6. I feel slimmer today but the scales are not moving.After years of low carb I too feel the need to have more. I am watching my calories because I'm now 63 and it's tougher to get the weight off.
Tbagram,
You made me laugh with the burger shoved into the mouth
My favorite time to eat would be around 2pm. But I really like to eat
with my DH. We eat around 5 pm. and that is the time I really
have eaten my whole life.

I'm just trying to not only find what works, but makes me happy every day.
I just turned 57 so I know what you mean that it's tougher.
Cali girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.