Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Dude! Kat, way to go, girl. Love the food logs. I too will continue posting. I will also post any info I get and menus from my friend who has maintained on CAD eating one meal a day for about 5 years now. She is a trim 126 pounds.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Kat, it is more fun to save my rm for dinner. But I too lose better having an early rm. It's not about losing all the time but enjoying. I would rather save my rm for dinners going out to eat or just cooking pizza at home!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, I am at 107.5 this morning and even checked my blood pressure. It was at 107/63 which is super. I had steak, salad with lots of dressing for dipping meat in, lg. pc. of Dairy Queen ice cream cake with more whipped cream on top. My have cupcakes tonight at my rm.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Regarding 10 bananas smoothie - I keep thinking this is a typo. I read where if you eat 10 bananas the potassium could hurt you... Why would you eat 10 bananas multiple times a day? This really seems like it must be a mistake or just the name of the smoothie...

I am not coming from a place of success (still struggling), I'm just really curious why anyone would have that many bananas in one sitting with all of the sugar and calories. If you are trying to lose weight, why not try two bananas? I'm baffled...
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Oh that is the norm for some fruitarians and they have done it for years. I can't eat fruit in the day or I gain if I eat cooked food in the night. It makes me ravenous because I have tried it time and time again. In fact I went from 106.5 to 112.5 in a matter of days and it stuck until I went back to my one meal a day rm which included high fat and the same amount of calories. BUT no, it will not hurt you to have that much potassium.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Oh that is the norm for some fruitarians and they have done it for years. I can't eat fruit in the day or I gain if I eat cooked food in the night. It makes me ravenous because I have tried it time and time again. In fact I went from 106.5 to 112.5 in a matter of days and it stuck until I went back to my one meal a day rm which included high fat and the same amount of calories. BUT no, it will not hurt you to have that much potassium.
Thanks for answering Alliejon on this. I have to admit I couldn't quite believe the ten bananas either, not even once a day. Bananas not only make me feel shaky, but unless they're practically green they can give me a pounding headache. They must have a very high sugar content even though they don't taste as sweet as some other fruits. I know it isn't the potassium, because potassium will often help me get rid of a headache. I guess I'll never become a fruitarian. I used to work with one (called her Fruit Bat) who was slender and had tons of energy, so obviously it works for some people, at least for a while. In the long run I would think you'd start missing some important micronutrients.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #727
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Morning, I am at 107.5 this morning and even checked my blood pressure. It was at 107/63 which is super. I had steak, salad with lots of dressing for dipping meat in, lg. pc. of Dairy Queen ice cream cake with more whipped cream on top. My have cupcakes tonight at my rm.
I wish I could introduce you to my doctor so she could see that you can eat real food and still be healthy if you do it right. She's still trying to get me to eat fat free everything and avoid red meat. I do eat chicken and some fish, but I want my burger and steak too, along with ham and pork roast. No way am I going to avoid beef, and no way am I going to use skim milk or eat only the white of the egg. Bleahch! My doctor even thought there was too much fat in turkey sausages! Well, doggone it, we need some fat in our diets.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for more information on the fruit diet. I am still trying to get back to CAD. Been stress eating (old habits).

My doctor had me try a low fat high carb diet, and I felt very bad on it... shaky - highs and lows. It reminded me that I need to try CAD again.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Friends, I woke up at 106.5 this a.m. I figured I could have a cm to see what happens. I just had 5 pc. bacon, 3 slices cheese, coffee with 3 T. heavy cream and splenda. Tonight's rm will be ribeye, salad with ranch, ice cream bar or ice cream. Did my running every day. We'll see how a high fat version works. Right now I am FULL!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

CAD Fresh start today...

menu:

CM Breakfast: mojo pork and green beans
CM lunch: chicken, cheese, and cauliflower
RM dinner: Atkins frozen dinner and pecan pie
Old 05-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Thanks for more information on the fruit diet. I am still trying to get back to CAD. Been stress eating (old habits).

My doctor had me try a low fat high carb diet, and I felt very bad on it... shaky - highs and lows. It reminded me that I need to try CAD again.
Alliejon:

I am on DAY 17 now of eating mainly raw fruits during the day and cooked vegan dinners. All of it is carbs and starches. I am eating right about 3000 calories a day.

In 17 days I am maintaining at roughly 214 pounds. The first week I jumped up to 216's for a couple of days but I was also taking Tylenol and ibuprofen on those days. I am AMAZED that I have not gained any weight eating carbs all day.

I too have done low fat/low carb. I did Weight Watchers and let me tell you I was eating Styrofoam fake foods, sugar free junk, high caffeine, and basically nothing nutritious. Add into that mix the extreme low calories and I was also exercising so of course I was miserable, starving, shaking, having horrible insomnia, etc etc. That is not a recipe for success.

All I can say is that I am doing this as an experiment and so far "for me" my experience is not at all what I would have expected. I am not even following the one hour rules or anything like that. So far I can easily fast all morning and not feel hungry. I do not get any weakness or shakiness after eating. I am not getting sleepy after eating 10 bananas and 10 dates blended into a smoothie which is 1660 calories and that is just my breakfast!!!!

I fully expected to be hungry all the time, shaky, and experiencing all the other issues from hyperinsulinemia. So far for me: zilcho, nada, nothing!

I am full, can go between meals, if I get hungry again- I eat and we are talking at minimum 500 calories and usually 1000 calories per meal. I eat as much as I want until I am full or stuffed. I do not feel uncomfortable.

Now admittedly I'd like to see some weight come off and since it has been so easy and I feel good about this I am going to continue for 4 months to really give this thing a chance to see if I start seeing some weight come off.

Also I have enough energy to exercise every day. The changes I have noticed: I am sleeping better. Way better even than being on CAD and my sleep did improve when I started CAD but this is better. Also, I have had psoriasis on my scalp for 10 years. In the last 17 days it has almost completely healed and disappeared. Maybe 5% of the dry skin is left. NO redness or head feeling tender. When I reach up (out of habit) to pick at it there is nothing there to pick at!!! Now tell me how that happened? I am a registered nurse and have some medical background. I know the "treatments" for psoriasis and it is basically medicated shampoos (which I use) or topical powerful steroids (which I DON'T use). I have changed nothing except now I ONLY eat fresh fruits and veggies, and whole cooked starches like potatoes, rice, pasta along with more fresh veggies for dinner.

What I have determined is that 100% of the calories I am putting into my body are nutritious, filled with vitamins and minerals. No junk, trash, chemicals, abundance of macro nutrients to deal with. This so far is making a believer out of me. Now 17 days isn't long term enough to make a definitive decision but so far I am tickled!

MIW
Old 05-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

I know that raw is for some but I gained when I went on the raw til 4 program. You really need to do what is best for you. I have hear that just because your stomach is full doesn't mean that you are satisfied. It is what is in your bloodstream. If you have a lot of insulin floating around in it you will always feel unsatisfied. That was me but I am me and everyone needs to find out for themselves what works best. I like this board becasue here is never any bashing and/or right or wrong way. We are all in this together! Off to ribeye!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Oriana I totally agree!!! We do need to find what works for us as individuals and as you know, I love to experiment but I am not one to just do something for a few days.... Heck I dive into something for a few months at least to see if the "claims" are true or not. I want to know! LOL

Here are a few things I found out today on my internet research journey that really seemed to catch my attention and stick out to me:

Processed foods only contain less than 1/10th of the original nutrition!

We all hear about the SAD (Standard American Diet) all the time. But what does that really mean? Here is a breakdown, and correct me if I am wrong but does this really resonate that this is what we were put on this earth to eat like?-

61% processed foods
33% animal products
6% fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains

No wonder we are all fat and diseased. It makes total sense since the bulk of the SAD WOE is processed foods full of refined starches and oils with virtually no vitamins or minerals. Most don't even contain fiber.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Hi, MIW! I'm glad to hear all is going well with your experiment! I am also glad we don't bash each other in this forum. I know I have plenty that could be bashed as I have never been the healthiest eater. I eat better now than I used to thanks to CAD/CALP, but I could still improve a lot!

Either way, I'm still slowly losing and eating mostly small amounts of food but feeling stuffed, something that I've never experienced before I began this WOE.

I weighed 107.6 today, a new low. I ate a roast beef and white american cheese hoagie from Publix with half a box of macaroni and cheese and three milano cookies for a lunch RM today. Not healthy or balanced in the least! I'm finding that now that I'm on maintenance, I'm probably balancing my meals and eating as many veggies as I should 3-4 days a week. It's an improvement on my old habits, but I know I could do better. At least dinner was just a small amount of beef and broccoli, so not too unhealthy!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #735
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindart1
Stats: 244/236/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-started April 2014
Switching from Atkins

I'm still contemplating switching from Atkins to CAD. I'm losing right now, just eating 20 carbs a day or so, which is easy for me to do (I've been on Atkins for a long time). But I like the idea of Reward Meals, just worried i will start gaining because of them. I have just started losing again, as I had not been following Atkins very well for the last 2 months or so, and due to a medication I was on, actually gained 40 lbs while on Atkins, over the past 3 years.

So far today I have had 3 eggs, and 3 pieces of bacon, and a coffee with cream and Truvia. My normal breakfast.
Lindart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

MIW - thanks for the info on your experiment... Teri who used to post here used to do experiments... I haven't seen her post on her site in 2014... Hope she's doing ok.

I wish I could do CAD as an experiment and not get caught up in the all or none mentality. I had been stress eating due to working on my final qualifying exam for my doctoral program. I'm mailing it off today. So I'm looking at today as a fresh start...

Menu:

CM breakfast: chicken, cheese, and cauliflower
RM lunch: shrimp and broccoli with rice, cheese wontons, and fortune cookie
CM dinner: not sure yet...
Old 05-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Alliejon, I'm so glad you're part of this forum! Everyone has ups and downs, but every day you follow the diet is one day closer to your goal. Being in a doctoral program is stressful and demanding, so I hope you don't beat yourself up too much about little mistakes.

Lindart1, I have been on Atkins for years at a time as well. Although I lost really well on Atkins, I was never able to stay on maintenance without gaining. I have been on maintenance and still slowly losing weight for almost two months now, and it doesn't feel difficult at all (although I will keep everyone posted if that changes). I do think that at the very least, CAD is an awesome program for maintaining, although it can be tough to lose weight quickly on it unless you're very strict with yourself. I did not lose for my first month on CAD and had to play around with my meals quite a bit to lose around a lb. a week. I have found CALP to be better than CAD for weight loss, and I do think that some people try this diet and then offset weight loss by going overboard with the RM. It might be worth a try, though.

I was 107.8 today. I didn't calorie count at all yesterday because we went to Fresh Market and went crazy at the deli for lunch. My husband and I split a turkey meatloaf and then ate grilled vegetables, tortellini salad, and creme brulee for dessert. I didn't eat anything else all day because I was so stuffed!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

Go Kat, well I definitely didn't balance yesterday. I had 1/2 pineapple, 1/2 cup roasted almonds, 3, yes 3, large Costco carrot cake cupcakes. I hadn't eaten all day and that was the first problem. I soooo wanted sugar and I had run and that's what happened but it was all in my hour. I was at 109 today up from my low of 106.5. When I was eating my rm earlier in the day I didn't have as many fluctuations and ate more without gains. I also got to my lowest of 105.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kat!! I get a great deal of motivation from this board... Enjoying my RM lunch now...

Just asked hubby to grills steaks for CM dinner tonight. So planning for a great CAD day!

Allison
Old 05-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #740
Junior LCF Member

I seem to be doing OK so far, I went up a lb on my first RM, then down again this morning after my 2nd RM. But I'm not going crazy on the RMs. Just added potato yesterday at dinner which was quite the event since I haven't had potatoes since 2007. And by mistake on Thursday I ate avocado at lunch (not RM) and had spaghetti at dinner (RM) , then found out avocado was a RM fruit/veg. So far so good. We'll see how it goes. My RM today and tomorrow will be at lunch.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #741
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I actually prefer eating one meal a day mid afternoon. I lost 35 lbs doing that many years ago. If I was starving around 7-8pm I ate a carbmaster yogurt. Here's the thing: I personally can maintain at about 1550 cals a day. To lose I have to be at about 1100. That's a fact. If a woman eats 3000 cals/day, even if she weighs 200lbs, she will not lose. You would have to be terribly active to enter that arena. Some people eating classic LC have to actually count calories because they gain. Atkins commented on that. Age, activity, meds all enter into it. I can maintain fairly easily but not lose easily. I've always been that way. Volumizing by adding more veggies makes sense. Atkins, Jenny, WW all adhere to that. Hey, I have the answer but am struggling to lose a pound. If I ate a lot I would blow up that's for sure.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, and Blessings!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #742
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I actually prefer eating one meal a day mid afternoon. I lost 35 lbs doing that many years ago. If I was starving around 7-8pm I ate a carbmaster yogurt. Here's the thing: I personally can maintain at about 1550 cals a day. To lose I have to be at about 1100. That's a fact. If a woman eats 3000 cals/day, even if she weighs 200lbs, she will not lose. You would have to be terribly active to enter that arena. Some people eating classic LC have to actually count calories because they gain. Atkins commented on that. Age, activity, meds all enter into it. I can maintain fairly easily but not lose easily. I've always been that way. Volumizing by adding more veggies makes sense. Atkins, Jenny, WW all adhere to that. Hey, I have the answer but am struggling to lose a pound. If I ate a lot I would blow up that's for sure.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, and Blessings!

I have gotten tired of eating LC foods (especially extreme LC for 2 meals each day). Will CAD work if the calories are done the same concept.........Low Cal 2 meals per day, and then more calories one meal per day? I am sure people on these forums have tried every variation I could come up with.....
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
If doing CAD/CALP you have to have your CM low carb and the RM can inlcude carbs. It is pretty restrictive in that you have to eat the RM in 60 minutes, which works just fine when eating at home. When eating out it can be a problem. I like the concept and am going to try again.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I have gotten tired of eating LC foods (especially extreme LC for 2 meals each day). Will CAD work if the calories are done the same concept.........Low Cal 2 meals per day, and then more calories one meal per day? I am sure people on these forums have tried every variation I could come up with.....
hey, why not give it a try? we're all different. the concept you're talking about is similar to slimfast's idea: one meal, with 2 shakes for the two other meals.

the bottom line is calories in / calories out, with the understanding that healthy foods ARE burned better by the body. but for the most part, calories in / calories out is a fairly accurate mindset.

while i was actively striving to lose weight, i constantly yearned for my sweet morning coffee. once i hit my goal, at the time, i decided that i was going to allow myself to have it, no matter what method of maintenance i followed. my typical day looks like this:

8:00 - large sweet morning coffee (heaping T sugar, lotsa creamer)

12:00 - CAD meal (eat until i'm done, even if it goes over 60 min.)

5:00 - 4 oz. turkey sausage

this is not being faithful to CAD, CALP, BBD, or SEC because of the sweet coffee outside of the RM. but it works for ME. it doesn't make me go crazy with cravings. besides that, i've lost an additional pound (unintentionally).

we're all different. the main thing is that you're able to stick with a program (any program), with minimal cravings. imho

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-11-2014 at 05:11 PM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #745
Junior LCF Member

Gained

Well, I gained 4 pounds over the weekend. My RM meal was switched from lunch to dinner when hubby asked me out to dinner, then the meal was delayed, so we couldn't stay within the 60 minute period, and then I had an "unbalanced" dessert - it was good though! The yesterday we went to brunch with my Mom, and I didn't do too bad, I did start with my salad. Today will be all Atkins, all day.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #746
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tbagram
Stats: 249/230/180
WOE: The Big Breakfast/IF
Start Date: 4/28/14
I too gained...3 pounds. I'm really not doing this right. I figured by reading some things, that I could eat what I wanted in a "window". Now I am seeing the importance of staying low carb...all the time and keeping calories low because of my age. Darn! You guys and gals who are young don't realize how lucky you are! Oh well, Guess I need to go back to the drawing board. One thing for sure...I need to plan and bring my meals to work. Im nixing the CO in my coffee at breakfast...gives me the runs. Maybe just some HWC instead?
tbagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #747
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
i really wish CAD, BBD, Atkins, etc. did NOT tell us that we can "eat whatever" we want within their prescribed boundaries. i do not believe this is actually the case for anyone, with any program. most of us need perimeters of some sort, especially those who do not naturally stop eating when they should, like me!

i like concrete guidelines. if i ate whatever i wanted, pushing the boundaries of any diet, i would have no trouble gaining weight. i think dr. heller thought it an easy to follow rule when she said to divide your plate into 3rds, to keep your meal balanced. that doesn't make complete sense because 1/2 c of popped corn is NOT anywhere near the same as 1/2 c of pecan pie. we burn calories not bulk.

it is important to keep diet records, as you go along, so you can see the entire picture, not just what the scale might say each day. this has been an invaluable tool for me.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Day 22

So today is Day 22. For disclosure I am NOT doing CAD anymore but just wanted to give updates to those who have known me here for the last year and a half when I was doing CAD (Start day of Nov 1, 2012 and lost 20 pounds eating 1800-3500 calories daily).

My start wt the first week doing what I am doing now (Raw veganism mainly with cooked meals in the evening) I was 214-216. As of Day 22 I am 212.4 lbs. That is with being on TOM.

I have been doing food logs and I am easily eating 3000 calories a day. I am 39 years old, a woman and you can see my start weight as listed and also my 235 pounds when I started CAD. High calorie weight loss CAN happen, but it is slow and you have to keep track of progress. I am not meticulous and do not really calorie count except when I am curious or to be sure I am getting ENOUGH calories.

I am no expert by any means but I do have a medical background being a critical care RN for the last 16 years and my main area of work being cardiac where 90% of our patients are obese, diabetic, have CHF, cardiomyopathies, lots and lots of other allied health issues related to lack of proper diet and exercise.

I am also exercising- but nothing extreme. Like 30 minutes of walking 5 days a week, and more concentrated anaerobic exercises like modified push ups and pulls up against my fence and with my kids swing set, squats, various leg lifts and all the arm exercises you see people at the gym doing using weights except I only use my arms and go through the motions with NO weights or equipment. The calisthenics I do about 4 days a week. I take 2 days a week off while I am at work.

That is not extreme at all. I am modeling myself after other prominent well known vegans who have been doing high calorie high carb lifestyles for the last 7-15 years so they have a long term success and results to back up what they do. They do exercise a bit more but we are talking like 45 minutes a day of exercise 5 days a week and some days an hour (Things like hiking or bike riding). They are not doing the extreme workouts you see Paleo people doing.

There are people who eat 5000 calories a day this way and who not only lose but maintain for YEARS like this. There are plenty of pictures and people with hundreds of videos on youtube where you can see their personal success stories and actual videos of them eating as much as they claim.

This is a very strict regimen and completely different from ANYTHING you will see promoted in America. The closest thing to it many may know of is Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead. That is where an Australian guy juice fasted for 60 days and slowly in the next year ate mainly fresh vegetarian foods and lost a ton of weight and got off of his medications and cured his chronic urticarial which is an autoimmune disorder where he breaks out in painful hives.

I will continue to do updates from time to time if people continue to be curious. I admit my weight loss so far is not stellar but I am not restricting calories one bit. ALSO- I am not having any hunger, rebound hunger, cravings, weakness, shakiness, etc one iota eating all the fruit and carbs I do. For anyone who has studied insulin resistance extensively- this should be very frustrating as it was to me because I fully expected to crash and burn doing this and haven't. I can tell you that fructose and starches/ carbs from fruits and veggies when eaten in this way do not have the same effect on insulin as refined carbs and especially when eaten with other foods like fats and large amounts of protein. It simply is entirely different chemistry and that is why even hyperinsulinemics and diabetics can eat this way and do just fine.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 05-12-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Old 05-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #749
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mayflowers
Stats: 201/197/140
WOE: Low Carb/CAD/Atkins Mix Up
Start Date: 4/13/14
Hi All, Good to see you checking in MIW Glad you like your new WOE. I've been moving the last 2 weeks and I've had a hard time trying to stick to the CAD. I've gained 2 lbs which is a lot better than last year when I moved, in which I gained about 10lbs from stress of moving. I've been reading Dr. Fuhrman's book, The End of Dieting! and I really like it. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that into my CAD meals. He even allows small amounts of poultry or fish for people who can't do without any meat at all.
Mayflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers View Post
Hi All, Good to see you checking in MIW Glad you like your new WOE. I've been moving the last 2 weeks and I've had a hard time trying to stick to the CAD. I've gained 2 lbs which is a lot better than last year when I moved, in which I gained about 10lbs from stress of moving. I've been reading Dr. Fuhrman's book, The End of Dieting! and I really like it. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that into my CAD meals. He even allows small amounts of poultry or fish for people who can't do without any meat at all.
Glad to hear you are doing well and not too stressed this time around! I saw Dr. Fuhrman in Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead and also Forks Over Knives. He is as lean as they come. In fact part of what drove me away from high protein diets (even though you can lose weight and it does control hyperinsulinemia) is that I always was bothered by how out of shape and not very healthy the author's of these various diets appears. The Heller's do not look their "ideal" weights nor did Dr. Atkin's. The only people I see who look fabulous on those types of diets are people who work out hours a day and train train train and also have to do calorie restriction, Intermittent Fasting (ie starvation and calorie restriction) and take a lot of energy supplements- especially caffeine in order to see the results they do. With the vegans and plant based diet folks they all get super lean (not emaciated either but good lean muscle tone), have plenty of energy, do moderate amounts of exercise if any, and seem the picture of health and have the lab results to back it up. The only ones I have seen who are obese or sickly are either eating tons of fats, oils, vegan junk food and processed foods or are not getting in enough calories and are on starvation rations. The ones who do it with high calorie, majority coming from living nutrients and supplemented with cooked starches but keep well away from oils and over-fatting do just fine!

MIW