Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/305/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
KAT - what do you teach? I teach college classes, and I always have grades to do Mondays too!!

CM breakfast: cauliflower and chicken with diet drink
RM lunch (planned): burnt ends bbq, corn, mac/cheese, carrots - not sure what for desert
CM dinner: unknown....

I am down on the scale to what my "profile" states - so that is a victory from my recent challenges!! Bye-bye scale for a bit!!
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 08/21/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Kat, I am not sure but in the original CAD it said that if you lose too much to include a rm breakfast a couple of times a week. I think they meant that you could have 2 rms on those days. Have you been exercising much?
Now this is an idea that I really like! If there's one thing I enjoy, it's biscuits and gravy with sausage or bacon in the morning. I don't drink any coffee, though. I just never developed a taste for it, and caffeine does weird things to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
KAT - what do you teach? I teach college classes, and I always have grades to do Mondays too!!
I teach college classes in literature and composition!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

When I was analyzing my past food diary logs, I noticed when I "slipped up" and had two RMS in one day, I maintained... That has always been my vacation strategy when I'm on plan - I allow myself two RMs on vacation.

I'm just glad to be back on plan now!! It actually motivated and helped me to look back at my food diary. It reminded me that even when I'm not perfect, having two CMs a day makes the scale start moving down...

I'm having a very good day!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Yay, Allie, always glad to hear when someone has an awesome day! What subject do you teach?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #665
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyJBH
Stats: 198/194/165
WOE: CAD
Start Date: April 23, 2014
Down .6 this morning. I'll take that!
AmyJBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

I teach technical writing and professional communications. I'm working on my doctorate in educational technology. Feels great to be in control of food!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 AM   #667
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mayflowers
Stats: 197/196/150
WOE: CAD-Stress Eating Cure
Start Date: 4/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
After 17 months of doing CAD in one form or another I am off to a new way of eating for an experiment/adventure.
Hi MIW,
I hear ya. You have to try what you think is the best for your body. I tried the Vegan before 6 diet and it was difficult because I live an hour and a half from work so the vegan preparation was difficult. I have the book. I also seem to be hypoglycemic so I can't eat just fruit.. I get dizzy and spacey, light headed. I had that happen with weight watchers. It triggered my hypoglycemia. I do better with protein in the morning, however, I can do tofu as my protein. It seems to work. I wonder if you're an A blood type with the rashes and all? I'm prone to rashes as well and I'm an A. Well A blood types do best as vegetarians. I try to follow the CAD Healthy for life plan book because that one has the vegetarian options. So, if you don't like the fruit plan, you can try the vegetarian CAD diet. It's up to you, so let us know how you're doing. I'm adding Almased to my meals to see if it helps my metabolism speed up. (it's diabetic friendly) I'm adding it to the cm meals. IDK, I was doing vegan for a week a few months ago and I gained weight! Man, before menopause, I'd go vegetarian and drop 10 lbs in a month! Now I'm gaining from it!

Last edited by Mayflowers; 04-25-2014 at 05:22 AM..
Mayflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 AM   #668
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
... That has always been my vacation strategy when I'm on plan - I allow myself two RMs on vacation. !
OOoooo Thanks for the trip! I'm going on a cruise next spring and I don't want to gain and that's a great way to keep up the CAD!!

I'm still off wheat. Man..it beckons... I got off the red meat too. I had tofu 2 days in a row. I'm getting back to my vegetarian meals. I feel better.. more energy and focus than when I eat red meat. I also follow the blood type diet. I'm an A and we do best as vegetarians. B's and O's should eat red meat but not pork. Actually D'Adamo thinks no one should eat pork. It's not good for anyone. It lowers the immune system and makes you fat. He allows wild boar though for O's.

Last edited by Mayflowers; 04-25-2014 at 05:32 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Mayflower interesting you said vegan til 6 as I have seen that diet too. I could get fat eating that way though as there are too many options. Did the fruit make you hungry?

Kat, did you splurge on your rm yesterday? Isn't your buffet today too? Post more pictures if you can when you have your buffet meal if you haven't already. How much do you exercise a day?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJBH View Post
Down .6 this morning. I'll take that!

Good going! KUTGW!
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #671
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Mayflower interesting you said vegan til 6 as I have seen that diet too. I could get fat eating that way though as there are too many options. Did the fruit make you hungry??
Hi,
I think the diet made me eat more all together. I tried it for a week. My weight went up instead of down. I don't think this diet is for people with low blood sugar or hypoglycemia. I always limited my fruit to the morning. That's when the body can handle carbs the best. But I noticed if I don't eat protein like eggs or tofu in the morning I'll eat more calories totaled through out the day. I'll snack a lot more and I can't control my appetite.

I'm trying the Almased.. crikey it's expensive! I want to see if it's enough protein for me at 27 grams for breakfast.

My problem with the CAD is that I get sick of the cm meals and I need a lot of variety in my diet.

Last edited by Mayflowers; 04-25-2014 at 06:36 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

Why not just eat one meal and no cms. I never liked the cms and always wanted dessert so I just ate one meal a day. I lost the most to 105 eating a big breakfast only and then a free day every 7th day.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

MIW I think you should post on here so we have some comparison. It may help some others and we may all learn that it is the way or it isn't the way to health and weight loss
Old 04-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

I'm so excited! The scale moved down again today. I said I wasn't going to get on the scale for a while - but I really can't help myself. I'm trying to brace myself for the day it goes up...I know it's just data... but anyway - I'm feeling much more in control. I had my RMs for lunch the past two days, which really seems ok this time around. In prior CAD trials, I did better having my RM for night time dinner.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Kat, how was your Chinese buffet? Hope you got your fill!!! Did you end up having another rm?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everybody? For some reason I always feel like I am talking to myself on this board at times. Oh well, if you aren't busy post some menus. It's nice to see what is working out there. I think eating early in the day is best for weight loss from what I have seen both on CAD and BBD. Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Hi, everyone! Hope all is well. I don't really have time to catch up right now, but so far, so good here. My average is down to 108.4 this week, so I might start adding in a few extra RM meals throughout the week. This weekend is really busy, so I don't have a lot of time to post. Today I had a Jimmy John's ham and cheese sub plus chips and a cupcake from a cute little bakery shop called The Blue Bird. Tonight we have a wedding, so I'm just going to see what they have for food and possibly have another RM or eat a CM if that seems best.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

Kat, I know how busy you must be. Do you do online grading? I am a first grade teacher and I'm trying to get grades in and planning for a trip to Israel. There are two buffets every day, one for breakfast and one for dinner. I haven't figured out what I am going to do yet for 10 days. I may just eat one meal a day at dinner. Sounds like you are an official skinny minny, Kat!!! How did you get so low? Did you end up going to the Chinese buffet?
Old 04-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Where is everybody? For some reason I always feel like I am talking to myself on this board at times. Oh well, if you aren't busy post some menus. It's nice to see what is working out there. I think eating early in the day is best for weight loss from what I have seen both on CAD and BBD. Just a thought.

It has fallen pretty silent, hasn't it? And I'm afraid I've been one of the silent ones--not totally, but not really helping a lot. I've been JUDDDing for about 3 weeks, and trying to read through hundreds of pages of back posts on the JUDDD threads to glean information. So far I've made it through a little over seventy pages and learned lots. Haven't posted there yet, but am about to. I've lost 4.8 lbs so far, but still want to use what I've learned from CAD to help keep my Up Day intake within limits. Some JUDDDers say they have a hard time eating up to their calorie limits on up days--but not this old compulsive overeater! Down days are getting a lot easier, but up days are thin ice--too easy to trigger the carb addiction. I just can't seem to handle freedom!

Alliejon, good for you for getting the scale to budge. Yes, eating more at lunch and less at night really seems to help. People I know who lose weight and keep it off seem to have lighter evening meals most of the time.

Oriana, you're going to Israel? Oh, my, color me green with envy! I've seen some wonderful travelogues on the Catholic Channel, EWTN, and Israel looks like a beautiful place. Even if it weren't, the experience of being where so much history has taken place would be incredible. When do you go? And what parts will you see? Two buffets a day? Hopefully they include some good proteins, but it would be hard to be faced with all that beautiful food and not sample a little of everything. Whatever you do about the buffets, have a safe trip and a wonderful time, and tell us all about it when you come back.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Oriana, Israel sounds like a lot of fun! At least with buffet meals there will be sure to be some CAD/BBD friendly options that you can play with until you feel comfortable with your intake.

Quote:
Did you end up going to the Chinese buffet?
Actually, we ended up going to a nice seafood restaurant called the Fish Co. I ate oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer. Of course, once they got to the table, my husband told me he didn't want any, and I ended up eating 6 out of 8 of them! Then I had swordfish cooked in a lemon butter sauce with capers, plus coconut rice and then a skillet cheesy cauliflower bake. I was stuffed after that meal.

Yesterday, I had my sandwich, chips and cupcake, but then I also ended up eating whatever I wanted all night at the wedding reception, which was absolutely gorgeous. The reception was held at a house directly on the river, and the bride and groom entered the reception by boat! There was a live salsa band and cuban food. I ate mojo pork, black beans, yellow rice, and maduros, and then ate flan and bundt cake as dessert. I also drank about six mojitos, lol! It was worth it for such a lovely night.

This upcoming week I am going to stick to my usual schedule so that I can be sure I don't go off the rails. I have a feeling my average will be back up to 109 or 110 this week.

Beadelia, I think using CAD with JUDDD is a brilliant idea. I tried fast diets as well but always made up for my fast days with crazy gorging on the up days and couldn't lose on it at all. Using CAD on up days would definitely help control those urges.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hey all! I tried to read the back posts and yes, I am alive and well.

One full week of about 90% raw vegan and then some cooked vegan food at dinner.

I am probably doing 90/5/5 for anyone who knows about the 80/10/10 diet. Not by choice but just how my eating is turing out. That means 90% food from natural carbs, then 5% of it is protein and 5% is fat. I am not adding any fat nor protein sources, just what is in the food. Also extreme low sodium- just what is in the food and maybe a couple shakes of the shaker on my cooked food if needed.

My menus this week typically:

Breakfast: banana and date smoothie for breakfast with 5-8 bananas and 5-10 dates. Usually about 1000 calories

Lunch: 5 apples, 2 large celery stalks 1 whole large cucumber, or a "raw" apple pie (there is a video of it on youtube that is incredible with dates and that is the one I made and it turned out great). Some days I have some kind of juice to go with it as well.

Dinner: this varies but is usually a mix of white/brown rice and quinoa, 1 C fresh cilantro and 1 C fresh parsley, 1 large cucumber, 2 celery stalks, 12 ounces fresh green veggie juice. Or 2-3 large baked potatoes, 1/2 head a butter lettuce, 2 celery stalks, cucumber, green juice, or brown rice pasta with tomato sauce and same veggies as above.

My weight has remained flat at 214.8 lbs. I had a day where it jumped to 216.4 lbs but I had to take ibuprofen and tylenol around the clock which I never do and I think it caused water retention. My weights were 214.4 215.4 215.4 215.8 216.8 215.8 214.8

Notes: I am NOT hungry one bit eating all these carbs. I feel full full full and do not get rebound hunger. I have tons of energy. Except for work days I have been exercising each day. This is a low fat, low sodium, low protein diet. How can I NOT be hungry or have any cravings or shakey/lightheaded feelings eating like this? I also plan on getting a full lab work up because if I do this long term I'd like to see what happens!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 04-27-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #682
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
One full week of about 90% raw vegan and then some cooked vegan food at dinner.
Hi MIW,
The diet sounds pretty healthy girl! My only problem is I don't like raw vegetables. I gag down a salad in the summer months but I really force myself. I like my vegetables cooked. I only think maybe beans and tofu, tempeh would be good to add.

I'm going to be moving in a few days.. As soon as I get settled, I was thinking of doing Fuhrman along with the CAD.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

MIW you need to be careful not to combine fruit and cooked foods and it is best to mono meal your fruits. It is best to eat fruit all day and then start your big salad at 4 and then cooked. This is proper food combining. Believe me, I have years of books and experience with it and always seemed to revert back to it. There are many women eating up to 4-5000 calories and thriving. One gal yesterday ate 8 cups of rice plus a Chipoltle vegan burrito besides all her fruit in the day.

Last edited by oriana; 04-27-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Beadelia, I think using CAD with JUDDD is a brilliant idea. I tried fast diets as well but always made up for my fast days with crazy gorging on the up days and couldn't lose on it at all. Using CAD on up days would definitely help control those urges.
My experience exactly. Would you believe at least half of an 8x8 carrot cake over Easter? Of course, I only bought it out of the purest of intentions -- to help with the bake sale at my sister's church. But after getting home from the Easter Sunday brunch at Blue Mesa Grill (and my heartfelt sympathy to all of you living outside the DFW area and thus without access to a Blue Mesa), there was that wonderful cake, moist with carrot and pineapple, redolent with spices, rich with walnuts, and adorned with cream cheese frosting festively sprinkled with Jelly Bellies. What's a COE to do?

That sounds like quite a wedding reception!

MIW--glad you dropped in. Keep us posted on your experiment.

BTW, I'm having a little trouble remembering to hydrate adequately, so I've been adding a squirt of lemon juice and a couple of drops of stevia to my cold water to make it more interesting. That seems to help. However, I had never noticed that the stevia bottle says to refrigerate after opening, and had been keeping mine in the pantry--sometimes for years, as I have several flavors. However, I recently opened a new bottle of the stevia clear, and in a short time it turned cloudy. Did some Googling, and that appears to be a sign that the stuff got contaminated. Now I refrigerate.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #685
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
BTW, I'm having a little trouble remembering to hydrate adequately, so I've been adding a squirt of lemon juice and a couple of drops of stevia to my cold water to make it more interesting. That seems to help. However, I had never noticed that the stevia bottle says to refrigerate after opening, and had been keeping mine in the pantry--sometimes for years, as I have several flavors. However, I recently opened a new bottle of the stevia clear, and in a short time it turned cloudy. Did some Googling, and that appears to be a sign that the stuff got contaminated. Now I refrigerate.
I have Skinnygirl liquid stevia and there's nothing on there about refrigerating it. ? I read from a Dr. that it's good to drink a big glass 12-20 oz in the morning of water as soon as you get up, because you're dehydrated during the night and it's almost 1/2 your water allotment done for the day. I try to drink a 16 oz bottle of water on the way to work. The more plain water I drink, the more I like the taste. I started out not liking water and I used to drink seltzer...for years until the fizz started upsetting my stomach, so I switched to water and I like the taste of Poland Spring the best.. Now I can get almost 64 oz a day. Not quite there yet. I don't count coffee. Water is so important for health. My sister won't drink water. She doesn't like the taste. This is because my mother raised us on not drinking water enough. My sister has kidney stones. I used to have UTI's all the time. Such a simple thing overlooked and so important for health.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers View Post
Water is so important for health. My sister won't drink water. She doesn't like the taste. This is because my mother raised us on not drinking water enough. My sister has kidney stones. I used to have UTI's all the time. Such a simple thing overlooked and so important for health.
So true. I struggle myself to get enough water during the day. On days that my ring is tight, I make myself drink, drink, drink!

I'm up a couple of pounds today, as I guessed. I also began TOM yesterday, so I'm thinking there's a nice confluence of events that will keep me up to 110 for a few days.

Today I started with a CM breakfast of sausage links and creamed spinach. I'm going to have a late lunch/early dinner RM of my usual sandwich and cheese chips, possibly with a Quest bar added in. Back to business!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers View Post
I have Skinnygirl liquid stevia and there's nothing on there about refrigerating it. ? I read from a Dr. that it's good to drink a big glass 12-20 oz in the morning of water as soon as you get up, because you're dehydrated during the night and it's almost 1/2 your water allotment done for the day. I try to drink a 16 oz bottle of water on the way to work. The more plain water I drink, the more I like the taste. I started out not liking water and I used to drink seltzer...for years until the fizz started upsetting my stomach, so I switched to water and I like the taste of Poland Spring the best.. Now I can get almost 64 oz a day. Not quite there yet. I don't count coffee. Water is so important for health. My sister won't drink water. She doesn't like the taste. This is because my mother raised us on not drinking water enough. My sister has kidney stones. I used to have UTI's all the time. Such a simple thing overlooked and so important for health.
A few bouts with kidney stones and a history of UTIs sure convinced me of the importance of drinking plenty of water! And if I forget, my system reminds me. Tap water here in in the Dallas area isn't the best-tasting -- not like the tap water in Oregon where I came here from or in Colorado where much of my family lives -- but I prefer not to drink much bottled water because of uncertainty over what it might be absorbing from the plastic. (I still drink a little fizz water but not much or, like yours, my stomach complains.) Fortunately my refrigerator supplies cold filtered water which is good by itself, and the lemon juice or lime juice with stevia gives me some variety.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #688
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CindyLou
Stats: 158/158/130 (5'1")
Start Date: 7/1/2014 restart
Hi everyone!
Update:
I am still fiddling with my RM time. I tried breakfast. It was okay but not my favorite. I still prefer the lunch time RM. For some reason it just feels right.

So, maybe my body is trying to tell me something. I also decided to let my RM carb be strictly for pleasure and not for nutritional value. I can get all I need form my meats, fats, and CM veggies. The RM carb is really just a way to eat some pleasure foods each day so I don't feel deprived.

Today Lunch RM: ham&cheese roll ups, honey mustard, kale/spinach, a whole lotta Cheez Its (), and coffee with cream

About supplements:
Do any of you take supplements? Which ones and why?

KatMck
, I love hearing about your meals. It seems like you have really embraced this plan.

MakeItWork, I tried a raw food/food combining program years and years ago. I lost weight but it was very expensive. I eventually just got tired of eating so much fruit.

Mayflowers, I try to drink a big cup of water every morning when I wake up. I have been doing it for years. It's getting the water throughout the day that is the biggest challenge for me.

Last edited by CindyLou; 04-28-2014 at 10:50 AM..
CindyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #689
Junior LCF Member

Beadelia Supposedly the bottles don't have the chemical in them anymore that everyone was worried about causing cancer or whatever. BPA?
CindyLou I hear ya. I think that drinking a big glass of water first thing in the morning really helps get the allotment of water in for the rest of the day.
I take supplements. I was in the mega vitamin craze from the 80's. I found that I do so much better, and get sick so much more rarely since I take the supplements. I am allergic to citrus so it's hard for me to find a multi without it in it. I take 2-4,000ius of D every day, 1,000mg of C , extra iron, Chlorella, and royal jelly and hair vitamins
Old 04-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Go Kat, you'll be down in no time. Keep posting those menus. Can I ask why you eat Quest bars? Wouldn't you rather have a real candy bar? Or are you trying to limi carbs. You don't have to on this.