Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Dumb question, does anyone else have a lot of chills when losing weight, I used to think it was my body trying to slow my metabolism down. No, I'm not ill or catching anything, no fever. It's been happening a lot this fall. Usually when I'm going to sleep.
I sometimes feel faint or "fuzzy " like blood sugar issue. That is why I can't do one meal per day. Not chills though.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Still hanging in there, ate a few more carbs at RM meals than I've been doing, but hunger stays away, so know I am doing ok, hooray! I am finding it goes better if I have the RM early or midafternoon and very little after that. Less heartburn if I eat earlier.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Still hanging in there, ate a few more carbs at RM meals than I've been doing, but hunger stays away, so know I am doing ok, hooray! I am finding it goes better if I have the RM early or midafternoon and very little after that. Less heartburn if I eat earlier.
I noticed too when I first started that I stopped sweating and started to feel cold. THat is something I haven't felt since being a kid and always thought it was because I was fat. Well, I am still fat but now I feel cold! LOL That tells me it must be hormonal and from what I have been eating (carbs) and how I have been eating (grazing) so now it is more noticeable because I don't eat like that anymore.

I too naturally tend to want to eat midday so I am slowly going back to that because it was just what was most natural for me.

MIW
Old 01-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday had 2 RMs because that was the way life worked. But I kept down on how big those meals were. Only up 1#.

Today should be easier to stay on track. DD20 and her BF go back to college on the 17th, and then back to just feeding DH and myself.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 08/21/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I sometimes feel faint or "fuzzy " like blood sugar issue. That is why I can't do one meal per day. Not chills though.
I have this problem as well. CAD is the only diet where I haven't had this problem. Going keto makes me feel like I am going to faint when I stand up, plus it seems to ramp up anxiety. That is why I'm scared to try BB, even though it sounds really tempting.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Today was RM only day from 12-1pm due to work schedule:

2 chicken breasts
large salad with various toppings and blue cheese dsg
24 ounce iced mocha with whole milk
3 choc chip cookies
3 caramel pecan clusters

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

I'll try to remember to share my meals as well! It's really encouraging to see what everyone else is eating.

For breakfast, I had a 2 egg omelet with cheese, ham, green peppers and light onions and 1 slice of tomato on the side.

For my RM, I had 9 buffalo wings and 1 slice of pizza with pepperoni and olives. Didn't have time for much else since I'm currently helping a friend get her aerial dance studio ready for opening! I've been eating on the go like crazy.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:00 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

I am slowly gaining for the last few weeks. I was up to 216 today! YIKES YIKES YIKES!!

My all time low was the 209.4 which was a "dry weight" after TOM. Not sure if it has been my high calories finally catching up with me or having more CM's then I have had in the past few months or what.

I am not giving up and am just going to go back to a more natural WOE and letting my appetite guide me and not be so hell-bent on getting in a certain calorie amount. I am also switching off my the ice crm coffee milkshakes back to the whole milk iced mochas. And dropping the fruit smoothies. At least for a while. I was doing those for over a month and losing and now this month gaining???!!!???

I will try to post my RM's more often. I all fairness, I did have a CM lunch on Friday, then went out for a big shushi dinner afterwork with a friend and had beer and then some chocolates after. Then yesterdays chicken breasts which had 420mg of sodium EACH so I am hopeful a lot of this is just salty water weight.....

MIW
Old 01-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Lost # first week on CAD, gained a little week 2, Lost quite a bit this last week. Total for 3 weeks is 9 lbs. I know that won't keep up, but that's ok, I think I can still count on 1 lb per week. Doing the weekly average the way the book says is a good thing, keeps me realistic. Also writing down what I'm eating and how I feel, helps me identify the foods I probably should avoid even at RMs. But so happy for the freedom from hunger. I made a shrimp aspic, which I can grab for a quick CM. Used Plain gelatin instead of the SF Jello,
My basic survival plan for home or away.
CM#1"Denver" style omlet
CM#2 Chef Salad
RM protein, vegs, with some carb (but for me, no sugar or potatoes-learned that from a stall) Will see what new knowledge January brings me.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I am slowly gaining for the last few weeks. I was up to 216 today! YIKES YIKES YIKES!!

My all time low was the 209.4 which was a "dry weight" after TOM. Not sure if it has been my high calories finally catching up with me or having more CM's then I have had in the past few months or what.

I am not giving up and am just going to go back to a more natural WOE and letting my appetite guide me and not be so hell-bent on getting in a certain calorie amount. I am also switching off my the ice crm coffee milkshakes back to the whole milk iced mochas. And dropping the fruit smoothies. At least for a while. I was doing those for over a month and losing and now this month gaining???!!!???

I will try to post my RM's more often. I all fairness, I did have a CM lunch on Friday, then went out for a big shushi dinner afterwork with a friend and had beer and then some chocolates after. Then yesterdays chicken breasts which had 420mg of sodium EACH so I am hopeful a lot of this is just salty water weight.....

MIW
Ack! I have definitely been up 3 lbs sometimes one day to the next. Have you changed any exercise habits? I've found that working out more or less can have a big impact on the scale for me. I'm glad you're going to stick to CAD, though. Perhaps your body has just adjusted and you'll have to throw a new routine at it to keep losing. I'm stalled out myself for the past 3 days or so.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Katmck! I have gotten some encouragement from another friend too about maybe metabolism is just adjusting and to keep on going!

Goodly I am down a pound (although weigh-in was my normal 7am instead of 4am which might have beenn part of the higher weight) and today I was 215.4. However that is definitely 5 pounds up since I saw several weights in the 210's...

Yesterday's RM from 10:30am-11:30am and only one meal day:

1 Cup beef strog
1 Cup egg noodles
1 Cup broccoli
24 ounce iced mocha with whole milk and splash of half & half
2 pecan caramel clusters
1/2 cup pecan toffee

MIW
Old 01-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jokster50
New

Happy New Year, I have ordered the books and look forward to getting started. I am hoping this will not only help me lose weight but also help control blood sugars. Starting weight 268.
jokster50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokster50 View Post
Happy New Year, I have ordered the books and look forward to getting started. I am hoping this will not only help me lose weight but also help control blood sugars. Starting weight 268.
Welcome and good luck! You will love how you feel. Have you gone to amazon and read all the reviews? They are very encouraging!

MIW
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/305/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Back in November, my doctor asked me to join either his "program" or "weight watchers"... and so I did... I had mild success through the holidays... I lost a few pounds counting points... But as we all know, that does nothing for cravings. It was a daily struggle to stick with the program... So last night (in the middle of the night), I cancelled my WW subscription and got a 2/3 refund... Today I am not doing anything but gearing up to start CAD again tomorrow. I have my groceries... I can do this. As long as I lose weight, my dr. will be happy... So I'm going to do this with CAD and prove to him I can do it!!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Pushed my luck yesterday, woke up feeling Like I needed something a little more solid in my meals, they've been pretty small in volume. Also need to know what would make my hunger come back. About 2 pm I had pizza 2 hot dogs and sm amt baked apple. (Old Atkins gal, I figured 120 carb grams). Braced myself for a hungry afternoon and evening because of the wheat.. To my surprise I never got hungry the rest of the day, had some chicken broth soup, with cream and salba, and sour cream. about 7 pm, really wasn't hungry, but needed something in my stomach before taking my medications. This am, my weight was up 2 lbs, and I feel fine, not hungry, planning on a steak and something RM later in afternoon. I am so happy having found this no hunger way of eating.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Back in November, my doctor asked me to join either his "program" or "weight watchers"... and so I did... I had mild success through the holidays... I lost a few pounds counting points... But as we all know, that does nothing for cravings. It was a daily struggle to stick with the program... So last night (in the middle of the night), I cancelled my WW subscription and got a 2/3 refund... Today I am not doing anything but gearing up to start CAD again tomorrow. I have my groceries... I can do this. As long as I lose weight, my dr. will be happy... So I'm going to do this with CAD and prove to him I can do it!!
You go girl!!
We are all here to assist (or at least listen)
Old 01-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi ladies, I hear your cries. I have to say that I have tried and tested CAD over and over again getting excited about the losses and then being disappointed that I would gain after a period of time EVERY TIME! This also happened with the BB diet. I don't know if both diets just took of water and tricked me by the weight loss or what . I had had enough though and had to quit telling myself that it wasn't going to work after so many times. I mean I was even running up to 10 miles a day and still gaining so I knew that it was not going to work. I was very sad and felt tricked again by another diet. i am now on raw til 4 and eating fruit up to 4 pm. and then whatever I want after that. I wish you all well.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Hi ladies, I hear your cries. I have to say that I have tried and tested CAD over and over again getting excited about the losses and then being disappointed that I would gain after a period of time EVERY TIME! This also happened with the BB diet. I don't know if both diets just took of water and tricked me by the weight loss or what . I had had enough though and had to quit telling myself that it wasn't going to work after so many times. I mean I was even running up to 10 miles a day and still gaining so I knew that it was not going to work. I was very sad and felt tricked again by another diet. i am now on raw til 4 and eating fruit up to 4 pm. and then whatever I want after that. I wish you all well.
If you were running 10 miles a day, the extra weight could have come from fluid retention. I work out a great deal and find that the harder I work out, the more fluid I retain.

Water Retention in Muscles After Exercise | LIVESTRONG.COM

Personally, I think the body resets after I lose a certain amount of weight and I have to throw something new at it to keep losing. I have found this with every WOE. It just comes down to what WOE works for you personally! Whatever resets the mental clock and keeps us strong is what we should do.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:32 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I really don't think it is the exercise though as I have done CAD without and with exercise for years and the same things happened. Gains. I know that this works for many especially if you have severe cravings and a lot of weight to lose but as you get thinning it won't work unless you really cut calories and I am not wanting to eat just a boiled egg for breakfast. I would rather have a large bowl of fruit. Keep on keeping on.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
If you were running 10 miles a day, the extra weight could have come from fluid retention. I work out a great deal and find that the harder I work out, the more fluid I retain.

Water Retention in Muscles After Exercise | LIVESTRONG.COM

Personally, I think the body resets after I lose a certain amount of weight and I have to throw something new at it to keep losing. I have found this with every WOE. It just comes down to what WOE works for you personally! Whatever resets the mental clock and keeps us strong is what we should do.
Probably a very good summation. I have been able to lose on several plans, but then never stick to them. CAD allows me one family meal every day where I don't have to skip the food.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Back from my trip to visit my elderly aunt in South Texas. Wasn't able to follow CAD as closely as I'd have liked, but managed well enough that I didn't gain, and better still, I was able to keep the cravings at bay even though I'd been on the plan such a short time. However, it's nice to be at home where I'm more in control.

Alliejon, I can't figure out how to insert a quote in here, but I read your post and am pulling for you. I don't know how many times I've tried WW over the years and fallen flat on my face when the cravings took over after I'd lost a few pounds, but it's a bunch. I couldn't understand, because back in the 70s my mom lost 40 lbs on WW (after years of yo-yo dieting on other plans), my Dad lost 30, and the aunt I just visited lost a lot, too. (She says that when she's home alone she doesn't eat the rich food she feeds guests.) And they all kept the weight off the rest of their lives. I'd look at them, look at my own track record, and feel like a complete failure. Then I Googled "original Weight Watchers," which took me to Dana Carpender's "Hold the Toast" website, and found the original WW book by Jean Nidetch, and discovered that the WW eating plan my folks used resembled CAD/CALP a lot more than it resembled any of the WW plans I was ever on. It was basically a low-carb plan that allowed two slices of bread a day, and there was even a list of legal and illegal veggies. No wonder my folks were able to get their weight and cravings under control and keep them there! This revelation was a real relief to me. I no longer feel like a total failure for being unable to stick to WW, and it's further confirmation that we're on the right track now.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

HI all- read all the posts. I agree ORIANA- just find what works and go with it! You will still always be my diet buddy regardless of what plan either of us is on. Each of our metabolisms are unique so I am a believer in finding what works for you Keep posting here and BB thread. I don't mind one bit if you are doing a different WOE. I think we'd all like to hear how it works out!

I agree about the water retention with exercise, at least in the beginning. I know I do it in spurts but I remember one remarkable week where I hadn't exercised in months, then did a very strenous day of planting and gardening and despite eating/drinking the same was up 3 pounds the next day! LOL

BEDIELIA- awesome about your trip! I have never been one to have too many cravings per say but the scale never has never lied to me and that is how I figured out it wasn't my RM's that were tripping me up but things I was eating during CM's (aka the OTHER 23 hours of the day). It really helped when I started doing intermittent fasting because of the natural curbing of appetite.

MIW
Old 01-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Good New! 212.8 pounds today. My last weight I was when I decided to stop recording daily wts for a while and not be so scale obsessive.

MIW
Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Probably a very good summation. I have been able to lose on several plans, but then never stick to them. CAD allows me one family meal every day where I don't have to skip the food.
That's why I love CAD. I might have to restrict at certain times, but any type of food I want is allowed one meal a day. I fail every single time I have to cut out a whole food group and just never eat it. I always slip up once and it's a downhill slide from there. This WOE teaches me to have those foods in my pantry and indulge sensibly instead of having to clear everything out and rely on "out of sight, out of mind." The problem with "out of sight, out of mind" is as soon as it's in sight, I go out of my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Good New! 212.8 pounds today. My last weight I was when I decided to stop recording daily wts for a while and not be so scale obsessive.
Awesome!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
'The problem with "out of sight, out of mind" is as soon as it's in sight, I go out of my mind!'

Oh, beautifully put, Kat McK!! That's one for the book.

Good work, MIW!
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks gals for allowing me to still post. I am still a constant 108.5 so far this week. Yesterday was fruit in the day and dinner of ribeye, salad with ranch, mug of ice cream, an of Pepsi. Today is fruit/open dessert night!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, just an FYI.......I am eating 3000 calories plus on my new plan.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:21 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/305/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Beadelia - thank you!!! That is so interesting about the original weight watchers plan!! When I was a teenager I had success on a diet that was pretty much meat and veggies and 2 diet slices of bread per day. WW is fine if you stick to it, but it adds to my obsession instead of relieving it!!! I am down 2 pounds this morning with CAD ... So I'm happy!!!

Last edited by alliejon; 01-08-2014 at 05:22 AM..
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jokster50
Thank you for the welcome I received the CAD book yesterday and I have been reading the book and the post. I will go back and read some reviews on Amazon.
jokster50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
'The problem with "out of sight, out of mind" is as soon as it's in sight, I go out of my mind!'

Oh, beautifully put, Kat McK!! That's one for the book.

Good work, MIW!
Thanks, Beadelia! I finally broke my stall yesterday, but I think I'll be right back up tomorrow since we were traveling today and my RM consisted of a 12 pack of Chic-Fil-A chicken nuggets and a side salad with Lime Avacado Ranch dressing. I'm going to try to keep it barebones tonight with chicken and veggies. Yesterday I had a turkey and cheddar cheese sandwich for lunch with pork rinds, and turkey, veggies, and creamed spinach for dinner. I had two cheese sticks for a snack yesterday.