Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
This is a really exciting post for me! Today I weighed 109.6, so I have officially reached my goal! It's also my 100th post, which is a neat coincidence. As of today, I have lost over 40 lbs.

I intend to post weekly weight averages to keep me honest--I'm not going anywhere! With that said, I thought I would include a couple of photos of my weight loss journey. From here on out, I'll be trying to figure out maintenance needs and how to be sure I don't gain it all back like I have a dozen times before.

The first picture is of me at my highest in the 150s. The second is me this morning at 109.6.
That is amazing! You look so good!!!! I actually really need to get kicked in the butt. This last month has been a doozy and I am actually UP 5 pounds.... YIKES. All I have done is 2 cheat days and many days with unbalanced carbs and lots of alcohol with meals to boot. Obviously not working even with following the rules of the one hour, I am still doing one meal only. I have found I have been slowly eating way more carbs and not enough protein. My calories are still the same or even less. Has to be too many carbs and not enough protein. Oh ya and hardly any veggies this last month. Part of it is finances and we are trying to eat up what's in the pantry and freezer and not shop as much which means many ready cook or carby meals and little or no fresh veggies or whole amounts of protein like steak or chicken. This will be changing next week.

I am actually toying around with the idea of a "reboot" juice fast for a couple of weeks to shed some weight quickly and then jumping back in but doing a strict CALP with the balance, etc like I used to. I do seem to be carb loading major and this last month it has been out of control like homemade bread, homemade cinnamon rolls, ice cream, bowl of nuts, even lemonaid all in one meal!

I was losing well eating similar to Oriana with a huge ribeye, salad, iced mocha with whole milk and cream and stack of cookies every day. Had to be the protein and veggies balancing out the right ratio with the syrup from the iced coffee and the cookies.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 03-26-2014 at 05:03 PM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Hi ladies, let's not let our thread die out. I am still here. Maybe if we posted some of our menus it would spice things up. I am eating my one meal a day still. I had breakfast for about 2 weeks and loved it. I am now eating dinner only as I am so busy at work. Weight loss isn't as good but that's okay. I can go back to breaky again in the summer when I have more time to make it. I love it though and stick to one meal. TOnight is ribeye, salad, ice cream in rather large portions. Like maybe a 12 oz. steak and family sized salad with a mug of ice cream.

Kat, could you post some menus too.
Oriana I am still here too! Just not online near as much. You can always email me!

MIW
Old 03-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katish
Stats: 5'6" 195/190/150
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: March 5, 2014
Hey, all. Things have been crazy lately and this past week I haven't stuck to any conceivable eating plan other than see food and eat it. However, the 5lb average loss since I started this WOE is holding...for now. I think I am pushing my luck though, so I'm really hoping to catch up on some things tonight so I don't feel as stressed and can focus more on my health and meal planning, etc.

I had found that I had the most success saving my RM for dinner because night time is when I get the urge to eat carbs strongly. I don't have a hard time during the day, usually. Though I start wanting my regular afternoon iced coffee and miss that a lot. It wasn't anything fancy - just iced coffee with heavy cream & sugar to taste, but MAN alive. It hits the spot for me. Is the iced mocha that you have homemade, MIW? I bought some Sweet Drops (liquid stevia) in Vanilla Creme to use in place of the sugar in my iced coffee since I really want to start doing my RM as dinner routinely and it tastes pretty good. Not the same, but much closer than any other sugar substitute I've tried yet. I ordered the English Toffee flavor and have high hopes for that one!

So that's all for me right now. Looking forward to picking myself up and getting back on track!

KatMck, congrats! You look great!
katish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Kat, you go girl!! I am going back and forth with a big breakfast rm or a rm lunch or a rm dinner. I like all three. Still running and eating and loving CAD/BBD. Tonight I am having ribeye, salad, ice cream. Just got back from a run. Keep this thread alive. I'll pop back and forth from this one to BBD.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Kat, do you eat just one thigh and about a cup of veggies with a sprinkling of cheese for dinner? Also, do you just have a sandwich for lunch and no dessert of any kind? Say you go to Taco Bell. Would you just get one burrito or taco? You eat so little or maybe I am mistaken.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:32 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

So Kat, do you have 2 cms and 1 rm a day or just 1 cm and a snack and a rm?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Thanks, MIW, Katish, and Oriana! I am really excited about my loss. I have found that consistency is key for me in this diet. When I eat my usual balanced meals every day, I lose like crazy. I have weekly days where I go out and have tasty, unbalanced meals, but it usually stalls me for a few days. I get right back to dropping weight when I go back to my usual meal. I'm thinking for maintenance I will eat out more and just still have 2 or 3 days a week where I will eat my usual to counteract the restaurant/unbalanced meals. Work in progress!

I've also found that when my meals are unbalanced, I always have a ton of hunger the next day or two before I get back to my full and happy feeling on this diet. That is something I have just learned to live with if I decide to eat a huge plate of rice with no protein or fat! It's better for me to enjoy myself immensely and then buckle down for a couple of days than to just cut something out of my diet completely.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kat, do you eat just one thigh and about a cup of veggies with a sprinkling of cheese for dinner? Also, do you just have a sandwich for lunch and no dessert of any kind? Say you go to Taco Bell. Would you just get one burrito or taco? You eat so little or maybe I am mistaken.
It depends on how much I get at the grocery store! But usually I eat about a thigh and a half, a cup and some change of veggies, and then enough cheese to cover the top of the vegetables. I try to keep my dinner CMs between 4 and 500 calories.

If I go to Taco Bell, I am getting an #6, lol! Two chalupas, one hard taco, YUM!
I try to shoot for around 1,000 calories or so for RM, and if I'm hungry, I will have a small snack of jerky and/or cheese.

Today I had 10 chicken nuggets, 2 servings of boxed macaroni and cheese, and a heap of mixed veggies as an RM. When I did the calorie counts, I counted about a thousand calories for the RM. That means that besides my CM tonight, I will probably have a small snack. I definitely know that I'm eating fewer calories than I used to, but I get full a lot faster than I did when I started this WOE.

Quote:
So Kat, do you have 2 cms and 1 rm a day or just 1 cm and a snack and a rm?
I usually try to do 1 RM and 1 CM a day, but if I'm hungry, I will add in a cheese or beef/turkey jerky snack or perhaps some pepperoni chips.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FreeFromFat
Stats: 241/228.8/150
WOE: <30 Carbs/day
Start Date: December 2013
Day 3...Feeling Good

So today is actually Day 3! I feel good & positive, and I feel satisfied! Today's line up:

B: coffee w/half and half; scrambled eggs w/salsa; pork sausage patties

L: home made tuna w/mayo, olives & pickles; small piece of cheese; baby bell peppers; SF jello

D: meatloaf (contains bread crumbs); green veggie; ? maybe some rice

Lots and lots and lots of water!

Will get on the scale when I get home; have not been on it since Monday. Do you guys to the weigh every day and average thing? Is that what is still recommended by the docs?

~theresa~
FreeFromFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katish View Post
Hey, all. Things have been crazy lately and this past week I haven't stuck to any conceivable eating plan other than see food and eat it. However, the 5lb average loss since I started this WOE is holding...for now. I think I am pushing my luck though, so I'm really hoping to catch up on some things tonight so I don't feel as stressed and can focus more on my health and meal planning, etc.

I had found that I had the most success saving my RM for dinner because night time is when I get the urge to eat carbs strongly. I don't have a hard time during the day, usually. Though I start wanting my regular afternoon iced coffee and miss that a lot. It wasn't anything fancy - just iced coffee with heavy cream & sugar to taste, but MAN alive. It hits the spot for me. Is the iced mocha that you have homemade, MIW? I bought some Sweet Drops (liquid stevia) in Vanilla Creme to use in place of the sugar in my iced coffee since I really want to start doing my RM as dinner routinely and it tastes pretty good. Not the same, but much closer than any other sugar substitute I've tried yet. I ordered the English Toffee flavor and have high hopes for that one!

So that's all for me right now. Looking forward to picking myself up and getting back on track!

KatMck, congrats! You look great!
Yes- my lattes are homemade. If on the road we will get them at SB or a stand but I like to make them. I do them several ways: with my home espresso machine "Barista" that I got on sale many years ago from SB, or a SB Via which you just add water or sometimes I will just use espresso grounds that I run a bit of water through twice like a drip coffee. It is a bit weaker than real espresso but I get a good flavor that way. I buy all the syrups for cheap at Cash and Carry and I was a barista years ago in my college years so I do know how to make coffee It was my one weakness too letting go sipping on them all day long- especially at work. I was also a gum chewer. Those are the things that can be hard letting go of with this WOE but the hunger subsides and it becomes doable!

MIW
Old 03-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Wt today was 217.2 lbs!!!! WTH!!! I was 211.2 lbs like only 2 weeks ago. I am just not sure what is going on. No cheat meals, all within the one hour period. Maybe more carbs and less protein but same or less calories. This is maddening. I am not binging, I am not eating no-no's outside of the hour. I am under 2000 calories. I can't figure this out. I am going back to ribeyes with salad, large iced mochas and choc chip cookies just as soon as I can go grocery shopping! That was my favorite meal and I was losing eating that every day!

MIW
Old 03-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFromFat View Post

Will get on the scale when I get home; have not been on it since Monday. Do you guys to the weigh every day and average thing? Is that what is still recommended by the docs?

~theresa~
I have not missed weighing many days since I started this diet. I've found that averaging my weights weekly is a great way to keep myself from going crazy from the ups and downs. As long as the trend is downward in the weekly averages, retaining water doesn't phase me.

I also think weighing daily is important because it helps me figure out what causes me to bloat/retain water/feel bad the next day. For instance, I personally have found that any day I eat a substantial amount of nuts, I will be up the next day and stall until I cut them out. I have no idea why that is, but trial and error has shown me that more than a sprinkling of nuts will absolutely slow down my weight loss.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Wt today was 217.2 lbs!!!! WTH!!! I was 211.2 lbs like only 2 weeks ago. I am just not sure what is going on. No cheat meals, all within the one hour period. Maybe more carbs and less protein but same or less calories. This is maddening. I am not binging, I am not eating no-no's outside of the hour. I am under 2000 calories. I can't figure this out. I am going back to ribeyes with salad, large iced mochas and choc chip cookies just as soon as I can go grocery shopping! That was my favorite meal and I was losing eating that every day!

MIW
That does sound maddening, MIW! Hopefully you'll start seeing positive results after you go back to your usual meal again. Maybe you're just retaining a lot of water from all the foods you haven't eaten in a while?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Kat don't you want dessert with your rm? That is a must for me. You know it looks like you are really almost doing the Big Breakfast Diet since you eat your rm so early. Didn't you say that you weren't losing and then you ate your rm earlier at around 11 months ago and couldn't believe you lost over night?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kat don't you want dessert with your rm? That is a must for me. You know it looks like you are really almost doing the Big Breakfast Diet since you eat your rm so early. Didn't you say that you weren't losing and then you ate your rm earlier at around 11 months ago and couldn't believe you lost over night?
Some days I do have dessert, but it all depends on what I'm craving. I'm more of a savory person than a sweets person, so if I have a choice, I'll generally go for pizza over chocolate cake. Not that chocolate cake isn't delicious!

Actually, I go through phases. Earlier this week for three days straight I had 2-3 homemade chocolate chip cookies along with my sandwich RM. But when the batch was gone, my craving was over and it was back to just savory. I usually eat my RM between 11:00 am and 1:00 PM, and I agree that once I started eating it earlier, my loss really became more promiment.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mikeysmommy33
WOE: Low Carb
Hi Everyone,
Marking my spot for tomorrow
I did an Atkins day yesterday, and then white knuckled it until this evening.
I decided that for now I am going to try to get back on CAD/CALP.
Today my meals were:
CM: Americano with cream, Collard Greens with a bit of bacon and Sriracha
CM: Burger Patty, lettuce shreds, cheddar shreds, red onion (very little), quarter of a tomato, and some Ranch dressing.
RM: Two big handfuls of spinach on top of two small corn tortillas baked until crisp, with a little cheddar melted on them. Then I put 6 shrimp on each tortilla, topped with the spinach, tiny bit of red onion, then a squirt on each of honey dijon dressing and sriracha.
Beverage for dinner - giant glass of ice water with fresh lime squeezed into it.

So, tomorrow I am coming back for accountability. I have a lot to lose and it will make it easier to go on the journey with others on the same plan.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #437
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buddy22
hi you guys!hey,just a thought here.i notice some of you have gotten some weird jumps in weight,like 5-6 lbs.and I just wanted to throw out there that this happens to me since starting peri-menopause.its a whole new experience for me!i don't know all your ages,but I started having this happen in my 40s and now into my 50s,where I get on the scale one morning and noticed ive gained 3-5 lbs even when doing everything right with my eating.i think its hormonal shifts and water retention/bloating.i even have this happen when my arthritis is bad(especially after a lot of exercise),i think my joints swell.the good part is,after a few days when I weigh myself,it does seem to go away.i don't know if this helps anyone at all,but gee,its fun to be a girl with the weird hormonal shifts and all!!
buddy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I believe that hormones and water retention cause most of us problems.. I've started using that pink Himalayan salt because it's supposed to be better for the body. .I am still making changes with the type of food that I eat, it just seems to me that so much of what I ever learned about gaining and losing weight doesn't ring true for me, anymore. I'm in my mid fifties, so I can actually remember a time when the food people ate was so different. . and most people didn't have a weight problem, either. my grandma actually made her own butter, and they ate meat with fat , so I'm going back to that type of food as much as I possibly can and still use the CALP guidelines. I'm still at an approximate loss of 18 lbs, but am expecting and hoping to drop a couple of more any day now..that will make me happy., but if not, I am sure feeling better physically and I will just keep on trying, because hunger is not a big problem anymore with this woe. . I wish you all good luck, it's not easy, but I think we each find out things the longer we stay with it.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

How is everyone doing? I am back down to 107.5 on my one meal a day. Feeling good and wondering where everyone is?
Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I've been wondering why so many stopped posting here, well it's been a big help to me and I appreciate the place, but guess I'll find another board where people pay attention and post with me.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

I agree, Jaymar and Oriana! I wish people posted more often on this board. I hold myself back from posting sometimes because I feel like I'm just rambling and posting too much! This is a great WOE, although I know according to the Hellers it doesn't work for everyone. It has definitely been the best lifestyle for me thus far, and I see no end in sight to eating this way, even after hitting my goal last week. This is the first time I've ever gotten to my goal and not immediately rewarded myself with a week of binging on anything and everything!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I don't get tired of people rambling. Let's keep it up. I had a huge rm after fasting all day. Tonight I didn't get to eat until 7:40. I had a nice salad with ranch, 4 pc. of DiGiornos pizza, 1 can of Pepsi, 2 drumstick ice cream cones. My weight was low today at 107.5. Tomorrow I plan on not eating until rm dinner again as I am so busy in the day teaching now there is not time to plan and eat. No reward meal breakfasts for awhile but that is the beauty of this. I am fuller than if I eat all day though. I will be up on the scale tomorrow but that's fine. Jaymar if you find a busier board CAD style let us know!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I was up 3 pounds from this. Tonight I am having fruit, yogurt and a lg. carrot cake cupcake with nuts.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

I am up two lbs today, but that's okay! Not only is TOM fast approaching, I ate a whole Publix spinach pizza yesterday plus tiramisu for an RM. For a snack later, I had one of those big dipper packs with beef jerky sticks that you dip into a cheese pack.I hope I'm just retaining water from all of the salt.

Today, I'm having top sirloin steak, baked potato with cheese and butter, and steamed veggies as an RM. For a CM, I will have my usual cheesy spinach and chicken. Hope everyone else is having a great day!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

I actually did not end up having my usual tonight. I had turkey salami wrapped around cheddar cheese and a Quest bar.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

I just had fruit, carrot cake and yogurt last night. I was 109 today down 1.5. I just wasnt' wanting cooked food. How's everyone doing?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Keep posting meals ladies. Kat and I don't want to be the only ones! LOL! It helps others too to see how this way of eating works. I am not perfect. Going for a run in a little bit here.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TootsieRoll
Stats: 153.4/? /130
WOE: Fast-5/JUDDD
Start Date: 12/03/2014
Mind if I join in? I've been following a few of you around the boards and trying to do the BBD/CAD after being on Atkins Induction since March 10. I started BBD yesterday. I feel like I am being naughty and ruining the 10 lb loss I achieved on Induction.
TootsieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wogs
Stats: 265.5/258/150
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: 4/1/14
I'd like to join too please.

I was just going to lurk and wait to post after I was on the diet more than 24 hours. I've tried and failed so many times I feel foolish joining in at this point. I'm always raring to go the first couple of weeks and then I fall off hard.

CAD is the only woe of eating that has ever worked for me. I've tried getting back on plan at least a half a dozen times in the past 6 years or so. I'm determined this time but I'm always determined.

Anyway, after just one day on plan my weight is down 2.5 pounds, water I know, but its a start.

Dar
Wogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

HI all. Sorry I am not posting near as much as I used to. Just changing my habits and one of them is being on the internet as much as I used to. We are getting busy here so I have to cut back somewhere.

Happy to report after a few days of eating more like I "used to" my weight was 214.2 one day. Last couple of days have been in the 215's but that is better than 217! LOL

I think it is because we had a salty spicy curry the last couple of days. Still budgeting and eating out of the freezer so no big juicy steaks for awhile! LOL

I hope this thread doesn't die either. I know over the last 17 months of the 2012, 2013, and now this 2014 thread I had many times where I had like 4 or more posts that were just me and no one else. That is the way it goes. Just keep posting when you can. If anyone misses me just private message me as I do check my emails but otherwise I only check in here every week or two now but I will answer posts as I try to scroll back to where I left off. Just private me if you want to talk with me sooner!

Take care all and keep it up. Some days is day to day white knuckles and other days are easy peasy. Just par for the course for each of us I suppose.

MIW