Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Welcome, CoffeeLover, Kathy.p, and CaseyJMC!

Makeitwork, glad you saw a good number again! I hope you feel better soon. I think it's so strange that when I'm sick I tend to retain water and go up on the scale. Maybe it's just part of the body's defense mechanism?

I've had an eventful week! After I had my whoosh from 116 to 114.8, I was happy and thought that was the end of it. Then the next day I was down to 113.8. Then the next day I was down to 112.8 for two days in a row. That's the longest, biggest whoosh I've ever had! I'm back up to 113.6 today, but I had chili yesterday, which does seem to make me retain water.

Today I'm having a spinach white pizza RM and then ham and cheese roll ups for a CM later.

Since I've changed my goalpost again, I thought I would include my weekly average weights since I began this WOE for anyone interested:

Oct 26: 129.6
Nov 2: 128.9
Nov 9: 128.6
Nov 16: 128.3
Nov 23: 127.2
Nov 30: 125.4
Dec 7: 125.9
Dec 14: 124.4
Dec 21: 124.7
Dec 28: 122.5
Jan 4: 121.7
Jan 11: 120.5
Jan 18: 119.2
Jan 25: 118.8
Feb 1: 118
Feb 8: 116.8
Feb 15: 115.9
Feb 22: 115.4
Mar 1: 114.1
Welcome all the new posters here I love CAD and no matter how I have done it- it works! I have done CM/CM/RM, CM/RM, RM only, high calorie RM's, etc etc with or without fasting (I do a combo of CAD with Intermittent Fasting) and it works. It is slow but steady. I even find that I plateau but overall do not gain, even when going up considerably on my calories. I am in this for the long haul and love it that I am rarely hungry and have no cravings! I am no stellar role model as I frequently have unbalanced large RM's but I have lost 20 pounds very easily eating way more than ever and it surely does not feel like a diet!

KatMck: You are doing great! I know some day I will get to my goal. I am still seeing changes in my body even though the scale is staying the same. My measurement haven't budged either yet my rings are lose and my watch is lose as ever and my 2nd and 3rd chins that disappeared the skin is looser now too which is new. My boobs are also way smaller. I'll take it! LOL I have been lotioning and exfoliating like crazy because my skin is getting lose so I need it to tighten back up! LOL

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I am still seeing changes in my body even though the scale is staying the same. My measurement haven't budged either yet my rings are lose and my watch is lose as ever and my 2nd and 3rd chins that disappeared the skin is looser now too which is new. My boobs are also way smaller. I'll take it! LOL I have been lotioning and exfoliating like crazy because my skin is getting lose so I need it to tighten back up! LOL
Awesome! I agree that it's important to remember that the scale isn't the last word on weight loss! I've been stuck or even gone up from week to week but noticed measurements going down or my ring feeling looser.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Thanks for the welcome! So yesterday was my first day and I screwed up - unbelievable. I came home from shopping in the afternoon and ate a banana! Completely without thinking! This is probably one of my issues - mindless eating with barely any awareness. Today I will put some post-it notes in the kitchen!

I'd love to hear what your favorite lunches are. Yesterday I had a salad with chicken but I found myself hungry in the afternoon - which is why I ate the banana.
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Oh no! Those carby snacks can derail you, but one little mistake isn't going to hurt a thing. To borrow a phrase, keep calm and CAD on!

I don't know about everyone else, but one reason I began this diet is that I was so tired of restricting foods. I hated eating only this type of food or only that type of food. The restricted food just grew in my imagination until I would binge and quit.

Since beginning this WOE, I find I have no problem eating the same thing for one meal a day when I know I can have anything I want during my RM! For that reason, I've been making healthy heat and eat meals for my nighttime meals, since I tend to eat a big, filling lunch RM. My RMs tend to consist of sandwiches, pizza, really anything savory and carby!

Once a week, I take a mess of boneless chicken thighs, throw them in a pot, and stew them in their own juices in the oven with garlic and pepper and whatever else I like coating them.

After two hours, I take them out and set out my five 2 cup glass freezer containers. In each container, I place a chicken thigh and shred it, then top that with frozen or fresh spinach, and then put grated cheese on top. I divide the juices from baking between the containers. Then I pop them into the freezer, and whenever I need a quick CM, I grab one, put a plate over it, and steam it in the microwave for a few minutes. I'm not much of a cook, so I appreciate not having to make many decisions about those CMs!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katish
Stats: 5'6" 195/190/150
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: March 5, 2014
I'm jumping in here!

I read the majority of CALP over the weekend and have started exploring CAD today. I attempted a day of CAD and actually am excited about it. I've been looking for something like this for awhile. I have had problems finding a program that limits carbs, but is liveable for me and also doesn't make me feel deprived - which is, besides the physiological side effects I get from carbs, a big problem for me weight wise. This seems doable to me.

I have struggled with weight issues since I was a teen, but most recently: I had my first baby almost 2 years ago and got up to 220lbs during my pregnancy with him. I'm 5'6" and weighed 172 before I became pregnant, so right now getting to that weight is my first goal. I have PCOS so insulin resistance is an issue for me and I have noticed my sensitivity to carbs increase with age & poor habits (including late night overeating!). I am making my menu for the week tonight and will go shopping tomorrow. I would be interested in any advice you pros could give a newb. I'm also planning on reading back through this thread and the one from 2013.

Looking forward to getting on this journey with you all!

Last edited by katish; 03-03-2014 at 05:41 PM..
katish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Welcome coffeelover and katish. .I think it's a very good idea to have the books . I can say that when I first came over here I would read all the posts and the menus, and that is what made me willing to give it a try. I'm not a good example because I was sick for several months and it was all I could do just to survive. I'm doing much better now and I find that I eat a lot differently than when I first started, that's because I think we are all different and our bodies will respond differently to certain foods. I've known for a long time that there are foods that trigger my hunger, but it's only lately that I have been willing to try to avoid things with sugar. . now, that doesn't mean others need to , but for me, it's a problem and will derail me if I don't watch it. the nice thing is that the longer I eat this new way, the better I get at it. I've learned to fight the hunger with protein and veggies, and I don't have the awful cravings that I used to have, now it didn't happen overnight, but it has happened.. I've lost 16 lbs since I started this, I'd say the actual time I was able to really follow it has only been about three months because I had so many other problems. this woe has really just become the normal way that I like to eat now, and that really gives me hope that I will get to my goal. I really believe it makes sense, and can work for all of us, and that may mean tweaking your menus and times you eat, but that is the process that will get you to where you want to be... good luck , everyone.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome everyone new here! I love this WOE and have made it a day in and day out lifestyle. It is very flexible. Just keep at it. Don't just throw in the towel if you have a bad day. Just pick up the next day where you left off.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
It's a real challenge for me to get used to eating so infrequently. However, I know it's a bad habit to be putting food in my mouth all throughout the day. When I was younger and at a good weight, I almost never ate between meals so now I've got to work to get back to that routine.

I've been really hungry between lunch and dinner but I realized that my protein serving was too small. One day I ate the Chicken Caesar at Panera and it had a lot of lettuce and not much chicken! Most days I'm home for lunch though and I'm going to try some of the easy lunch recipes from the book.

I've put a post-it on my fridge and pantry to remind me not to graze in there mindlessly.

KatMck - that's a great idea about the chicken.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Hi, everyone! How are your Wednesdays this week? Everything is great here, just I thought I'd pop in with my meals the past few days.

Monday: Ham and cheese sandwich with cheesy chips and spinach with chocolate as dessert for RM and a CM of chicken and spinach.

Tuesday: Whopper plain with cheese with cheese chips for RM and then chicken, cheese and spinach for dinner.

Today: We went to the Ravenous Pig, a really delectable gastro pub, for the RM! We had truffle devil eggs as an app, then I had a corned beef sandwich on a black pepper brioche bun with fontina cheese, rhubarb jam, and mustard aioli. My head is still reeling from the deliciousness! I had a salad on the side instead of the delicious truffle fries I wanted, but I'm so full that I didn't miss them a bit!

Tonight I'll have my usual chicken and veggies for a CM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katish
Stats: 5'6" 195/190/150
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: March 5, 2014
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

jaymar - Congrats on your 16lb loss, especially in the midst of difficulites! That is an achievement for sure. And I am definitely looking forward to finding out what works for me as far as this WOE is concerned. I might have a learning curve ahead of me, but I'm ready to dive in. Thanks for your encouraging post!

MIW - I'm glad to hear you're enthusiastic about this and are able to enjoy it. I haven't felt that way about food in general, let alone diets, for a long time!

coffeelover - I am struggling with the same problem. I had a few bites of my son's homefries (isn't that the right term for breakfast sauteed potatoes? brain-freeze!) this morning because we were eating out before an appointment, and I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing. I'm just so used to doing it! It's like autopilot.

KatMck - I love seeing meals!!! Gives me so much inspiration to see how others are making this work for them.

My meals for today (first "official day")

Breakfast/supposed to be a CM
- tomato bacon cheddar omelet, large decaf coffee, 3 bites homefries (oops)
Lunch/RM
- "plate salad" (filled a plate with romaine, some slices roast beef, cheese crumbles, and some vinaigrette dressing), two bites of my son's pretzel ham & cheese roll thing (and he shared my salad - LOL), 1 white chocolate macadamia cookie (my fav!), and 1/4 cup homemade iced coffee
Dinner/CM
- homemade baked chicken faijita bowl (no rice or anything - just chicken, bell peppers, and minimal onions) with a dollop of sour cream and salsa, seltzer water w/lemon

I had herbal tea and ice water throughout the day. I can't believe that's all I ate. Usually I'd have a cookie and some iced coffee and I'd be STARVING and feel compelled to eat the whole dozen. And then some. Today was pretty enjoyable/encouraging. I feel like a relatively normal eater right now.

Last edited by katish; 03-05-2014 at 10:32 PM..
katish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:25 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I appreciate your posts, everybody.. as I read them I see that even when something happens and we go off track a bit, it is so easy to just get back on track. I remember in the past, if I was dieting and fell off the wagon, I would stay off for weeks, months , or years.. but it's not that way with this woe., what a wonderful tool it is, and makes me say.. hey, I can do this..one day does not ruin my progress., I won't let it. Last week I came across something that I had wanted to try for years.. the Black and White Cookie, yes, and so I ate about 6 of them before I could stop.. wow, they are wicked good,, I didn't weigh the next morning, but I resolved not to do that again..I think if I see a package of those cookies again, I will run because I don't dare have even a taste.. see that's how sweets are for me, if I leave them alone, I do fine.. if I fool myself into thinking I can have one.. look out,, it could be six.. I learned again that I have a good way to eat, and can have some sweets with a meal, but I need to stick to the plan..and BTW, I haven't gained anything , it's a miracle.. Keep up the good work, we can do this.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Yeah, I'm trying to get my train back on the tracks. I'm still ink the 150's which makes me happy, but I've been off plan for about 10 days now and I have got to pull it together. Summer's on its way! I'm trying to fast until dinner and just have 1 RM. We'll see how it goes. Or at least one CM and one RM. Anyhoo, time to get with the program.
JMBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katish View Post
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I had herbal tea and ice water throughout the day. I can't believe that's all I ate. Usually I'd have a cookie and some iced coffee and I'd be STARVING and feel compelled to eat the whole dozen. And then some. Today was pretty enjoyable/encouraging. I feel like a relatively normal eater right now.
I have found that it is incredibly easy to feel full on this WOE. Yesterday I ate at that delicious restaurant and was going to have a CM later, but I was still full at dinnertime so I didn't. I got hungry around 11:00 pm, but at that point, I said, "Suck it up, buttercup" and went to bed!

It paid off because today I was 112.4, a new low!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Welcome coffeelover and katish. .I think it's a very good idea to have the books . I can say that when I first came over here I would read all the posts and the menus, and that is what made me willing to give it a try. I'm not a good example because I was sick for several months and it was all I could do just to survive. I'm doing much better now and I find that I eat a lot differently than when I first started, that's because I think we are all different and our bodies will respond differently to certain foods. I've known for a long time that there are foods that trigger my hunger, but it's only lately that I have been willing to try to avoid things with sugar. . now, that doesn't mean others need to , but for me, it's a problem and will derail me if I don't watch it. the nice thing is that the longer I eat this new way, the better I get at it. I've learned to fight the hunger with protein and veggies, and I don't have the awful cravings that I used to have, now it didn't happen overnight, but it has happened.. I've lost 16 lbs since I started this, I'd say the actual time I was able to really follow it has only been about three months because I had so many other problems. this woe has really just become the normal way that I like to eat now, and that really gives me hope that I will get to my goal. I really believe it makes sense, and can work for all of us, and that may mean tweaking your menus and times you eat, but that is the process that will get you to where you want to be... good luck , everyone.

jerri
Congrats on the loss, Jaymar! This WOE has become really normal for me as well. It feels great!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Well was up from 158 to 158.4 this morning after 1st day back Oh well I guess that's to be expected somewhat

So far today I have only had my bp coffee. Not sure for lunch and dinner, but I know my RM will involve a brownie and scoop of ice cream!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Well was up from 158 to 158.4 this morning after 1st day back Oh well I guess that's to be expected somewhat

So far today I have only had my bp coffee. Not sure for lunch and dinner, but I know my RM will involve a brownie and scoop of ice cream!
I had a brownie today as well! Lunch RM included a chicken salad sandwich with a toasted bun, cheese chips, and a brownie bar. CM so far was chicken and veggies, and I think I'm going to have one more helping later for a second CM. I've been hungry today, I'm sure because yesterday I had an awful trip to the dentist and ate canned soup afterwards for dinner after I'd already had an RM. I tried to keep the carbs as low as possible, but I just had to have clam chowder, and now I'm up in weight today.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day, and that's the great part of this WOE. When I mess up, I don't need to start over. I just keep going.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Well all I am still doing well. I had a dinner RM this week and also a day with 2 CM's and an RM so I have been all over the place. Tonight I am having unfortunately a cheat night since I am attending an upscale work conference that is taking place over 2.5 hours. It is a several course meal and there is no way I can keep it in an hour and due to the loveliness of the restaurant and food which I rarely get to go to a place like this I am taking advantage. If it was just the meal I would try for the hour but I am meeting a co-worker there early and we are starting in the bar This will be the first night I've had out with "just the girls" in at least 10 years so I am not going to beat myself up over it. Anyways: rest assured I will be right back on my usual plan for Saturday, probably regretting it with a hangover! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #378
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gwebster
Hello everyone. I love reading all of your encouraging posts. I have done this diet before and lost 30 lbs. I am bigger right now than I have ever been!!I will be starting this WOL eating this Monday.
gwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Crustless Quiche

Hi Everyone,

Years back I found a recipe in a Betty Crocker cookbook for a crustless salmon or tuna quiche baked in a greased pie dish, and it became a favorite. You don't have to put the fish in it--you know how quiche is, you can throw just about anything you want into the basic eggs and milk mix. Well, tonight I started wanting quiche, but had already had my reward meal, so I Googled up a recipe for quiche made with unsweetened almond milk. Dairy-Free Vegetable Quiche (With Eggs) | Gimme Some Oven . I'm here to report that it turned out very tasty! Since the unsweetened Blue Diamond Almond Breeze I used has only 1 gram of carbohydrate per cup, and the recipe calls for just 3/4 cup, I figure that even with the addition of shredded cheese (not included in the recipe), it was still a good bet for a CM. Best of all, it was easy, since I just threw in some cooked spinach and onion powder.

I can hardly wait to try this with bacon or chopped ham or sausage. Or with sun-dried tomatoes.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwebster View Post
Hello everyone. I love reading all of your encouraging posts. I have done this diet before and lost 30 lbs. I am bigger right now than I have ever been!!I will be starting this WOL eating this Monday.
Welcome! Also welcome to the others who have joined recently.

Gwebster, thank you for the reminder that CAD/CALP only works if you stay on it! It is so hard for me to lose the idea that a pound once lost will stay lost, even though I know from experience that a pound once lost isn't really lost at all; it's still circling around like a vulture just waiting for me to let down my guard so it can land on me again.

If you'll let me offer a little free advice, don't spend this weekend eating everything that isn't marked with a skull and crossbones just because you plan to start this WOE Monday. That's been a lifelong habit of mine--the pre-diet pig-out that leaves me with four additional pounds to lose and an intense craving for carbs. With CAD/CALP you don't have to have that "one last" gigantic slab of double fudge chocolate cake with cherry filling, because every day for the rest of your life you will have a reward meal at which you can have just such a treat, PROVIDED you balance your meal and don't make it an all-out pig-a-thon. And actually, I have managed to lose even with somewhat unbalanced meals (like a burger and fries) as long as I don't make that a daily habit. But basically, experience teaches that if I want to lose and not regain, I do have to balance the RMs. Some people can get away with unbalanced RMs almost daily and still lose, but I'm just not one of them. Drat.

I loved hearing that you lost 30 lbs this way before. Every success story is a shot of encouragement for the rest of us!

Leftover crustless quiche for breakfast this morning. Breakfast doesn't get any easier than that!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Well all I am still doing well. I had a dinner RM this week and also a day with 2 CM's and an RM so I have been all over the place. Tonight I am having unfortunately a cheat night since I am attending an upscale work conference that is taking place over 2.5 hours. It is a several course meal and there is no way I can keep it in an hour and due to the loveliness of the restaurant and food which I rarely get to go to a place like this I am taking advantage. If it was just the meal I would try for the hour but I am meeting a co-worker there early and we are starting in the bar This will be the first night I've had out with "just the girls" in at least 10 years so I am not going to beat myself up over it. Anyways: rest assured I will be right back on my usual plan for Saturday, probably regretting it with a hangover! LOL

MIW
How was your night on the town? Hope you had a ball, and aren't TOO hung over! Or that if you are, it was worth it. Sometimes (though rarely) it's pure folly to stick strictly with the plan when you find yourself in a special place in special circumstances, and this sounds like one of those times.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW that's what I like about the BBD. I can schedule in a free day when I need it. If I were on CAD though I would make it work even over 2.5 hours. I would have a diet coke at the bar and then the appetizer would be a cm and then the dinner course would be the rm. The Hellers mention how to do that with one of their testimonials in the original book. BUT I understand just wanting to wing it too. That's why I like eating big breakfasts and then when need be I'll have my free day which is perfectly allowable on BBD. Today's BB was steak, salad, mt. dew, lg. piece of DQ ice cream cake with extra whipping cream. Plus I ran today.
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Dairy-Free Vegetable Quiche (With Eggs) | Gimme Some Oven . I'm here to report that it turned out very tasty! Since the unsweetened Blue Diamond Almond Breeze I used has only 1 gram of carbohydrate per cup, and the recipe calls for just 3/4 cup, I figure that even with the addition of shredded cheese (not included in the recipe), it was still a good bet for a CM. Best of all, it was easy, since I just threw in some cooked spinach and onion powder.

I can hardly wait to try this with bacon or chopped ham or sausage. Or with sun-dried tomatoes.
That sounds so delicious! Good to see Beadelia, Oriana, and MIW again! I was missing you ladies.

Everything good here, except that I had a hugely unbalanced meal of 16 Chic-Fil-A nuggets, ha! At least I had a side salad instead of fries.

Tonight, back to chicken and veggies as a CM.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I am still on the Big Breakfast thread as that is my main meal of the day. Love eating breakfast I must say!
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

BBD sounds awesome! I wish I woke up early enough to take advantage of that WOE, but unfortunately I work late.

Today for an RM I had a philly cheesesteak sandwich with cheese chips and a cinnamon roll protein bar. For an RM, I decided to try the cucumber-wrapped spicy crab rolls from Publix. There was no rice in them, but I have no idea how many carbs were in the crab mix. I guess I'll see tomorrow how I fare on the scale!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #386
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gwebster
Thank you, Beadelia for the welcome! I was sick most of the weekend or I would have done exactly what you warned against...eating everything in sight before Monday. You are exactly correct, you have to stick to the program. This is true of any diet. Well, I started off this morning at 191 lbs....ugh. Hopefully this first week goes well. God Bless....

Last edited by gwebster; 03-10-2014 at 09:30 AM..
gwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
I had a brownie today as well! Lunch RM included a chicken salad sandwich with a toasted bun, cheese chips, and a brownie bar. CM so far was chicken and veggies, and I think I'm going to have one more helping later for a second CM. I've been hungry today, I'm sure because yesterday I had an awful trip to the dentist and ate canned soup afterwards for dinner after I'd already had an RM. I tried to keep the carbs as low as possible, but I just had to have clam chowder, and now I'm up in weight today.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day, and that's the great part of this WOE. When I mess up, I don't need to start over. I just keep going.
This is true! Tomorrow is brand new and might as well keep looking forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW that's what I like about the BBD. I can schedule in a free day when I need it. If I were on CAD though I would make it work even over 2.5 hours. I would have a diet coke at the bar and then the appetizer would be a cm and then the dinner course would be the rm. The Hellers mention how to do that with one of their testimonials in the original book. BUT I understand just wanting to wing it too. That's why I like eating big breakfasts and then when need be I'll have my free day which is perfectly allowable on BBD. Today's BB was steak, salad, mt. dew, lg. piece of DQ ice cream cake with extra whipping cream. Plus I ran today.
Yeah, I too wish I could do the BBD. I bought the book, but I just cant get all that together, eaten, and cleaned up before I go to work. I have animals I have to feed and let out also before I go to work so I'd have to get up at 5 a.m. to get all that accomplished. However, I do wonder sometimes if losses are more with this woe. Do you eat anything in the evenings?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwebster View Post
Thank you, Beadelia for the welcome! I was sick most of the weekend or I would have done exactly what you warned against...eating everything in sight before Monday. You are exactly correct, you have to stick to the program. This is true of any diet. Well, I started off this morning at 191 lbs....ugh. Hopefully this first week goes well. God Bless....
I'm sorry you were feeling puny--hopefully you are all over it now. How are you doing on CAD/CALP so far, or is it too soon to tell? Most of us have had adjustment periods lasting few days to a couple of weeks while our bodies got used to the fact that we weren't going to give in to their imperious demands for carbohydrates. In addition I've had to face the fact that if I eat anything with wheat in it, weight loss will stall. I don't have celiac, but like a lot of people I tested out as gluten sensitive, and my chiropractor says that if you eat foods to which you are sensitive, it's practically impossible to lose weight. I think it's because of the inflammation food sensitivities cause, but am no expert on the subject.

Blessings and best of luck. And if it's any comfort to you, I weigh a few pounds more than you, and am only five-one.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Yeah, I too wish I could do the BBD. I bought the book, but I just cant get all that together, eaten, and cleaned up before I go to work. I have animals I have to feed and let out also before I go to work so I'd have to get up at 5 a.m. to get all that accomplished. However, I do wonder sometimes if losses are more with this woe. Do you eat anything in the evenings?
That's a good question. I wonder if you are only supposed to eat breakfast or you're allowed snacks or other meals. I do like eating my RM early and notice that my losses are much better when I do. I can imagine that eating it at breakfast would take that to another level! I just can't get it together enough to do the big breakfast, especially since my husband and I both work late.

Yesterday, I ate a Lime Fresh Grill Lime burrito as an RM and then chicken and cheesy spinach with a Quest bar afterwards as a CM. I try to avoid eating anything sweet at CMs, but I always give myself leeway during TOM.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

KatMck - I may try having my RM for breakfast several days and see what happens. At least I can still have dinner with my family this way. That was one of the reasons why the BBD didn't appeal to me. Kinda hard to grill out for everyone else while I eat an apple. Anyway, great idea. I'm going to see what happens with this.