Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
New to CALP! I'm desperate! Willing to give it a try!

Hi there!
I've enjoyed reading your posts and love the support here. After reading the CALP book recently, I thought this must be the plan for me. I've tried every diet out there and now understand why I've always failed! I'm a severe CARBO addict and need to follow a different set up rules and adopt a specific WOE!

I'm 5ft (yes short), 202 lbs (heaviest I've ever been) and 38 y.o. I have a wedding to attend end of July so need to loose 47 lbs by then (5 mths). Ultimately, I'd like to loose a total of 77 lbs (125 lbs) by end of this year!

Has anyone been where I'm at and found this WoE the answer! I need some encouragement! Thank you!!!!

Start: Feb 23 2014/ weigh 202 lbs
Goal 1: Jul 15 2014 / weigh 155 (-47 lbs)
Goal 2: Dec 15 2014 / weigh 125 (-77 lbs)
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,682
Gallery: oriana
I am back on the Big Breakfast board and 2 cms and 1 rm were making me feel gross at night eating late. Once you have experienced eating an early big breakfast you won't like eating late again. I have a free day on day 7 which is great but all the other days it is breakfast.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Welcome, Icandoit2014.. happy you have joined us. . I think the first thing I would say about losing weight, as a carb addict, is.. be patient., seems like everyone is a little bit different in how they handle their own woe. I know a lot of us have made some tweaks as we get further into the process.. I'm not sure how fast this process is for everyone else, but for me, I started losing faster when I cut out the highly processed starches and sugar. I didn't want to do that at first, but as time went on it seemed the natural way to go for me. , what I mean specifically about my process is,, at first, if I didn't have a great dessert with my RM, I was very disappointed., but that has changed because I wanted to change it..I'm now satisfied with better carb choices. also, I cannot honestly say how much I have lost over a time period because I was sick for quite a while, and on steroids..but eating the CALP way, I didn't gain, and have lost about 16 lbs since around Christmas.. I'm on the right track now, with no more steroids to take, so I look forward to much better results..Hang in there , and please be patient with yourself.. tweak whatever you need to in order to lose the way you want to lose,.. Good luck, and please post and let us know how it's going for you.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Welcome I can do it 2014! If you eat only until full and maybe even set a calorie goal and exercise you should be able to come near what you want to lose. However, I have lost only 20 pounds in 18 months! I do high calorie weight loss so I am not doing a calorie deficit nor do I exercise. I eat as much as I want and whatever but it is not the fast way to lose weight. I have seen some people lose weight fast on this WOE but it is not by eating how I eat! LOL

MIW
__________________
Starting Weight: 235lbs Starting Date: November 1, 2012 WOE: CAD/CALP and loving it! Staying on plan, not giving up, making it work! If not me, who? If not now, when?
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 566
Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Ha ha I live near Seattle! We are hopefully (work schedule willing) going clam digging for razor clams near West Port this April. All depends if they open on certain dates and what beaches. We love Long Beach, WA, Ilwaco, WA, Seaside, OR, and Cannon Beach, OR. We often just go to places in the south Puget Sound so the kids can run and throw rocks in the water. WA is nice because we have it all: mountains, ocean, rivers, lakes, and Eastern WA is like the Midwest and Southwest. We even have canyons and desert here!

I can HIGHLY recommend the Surfsand resort and Wayfarer restaurant there. It faces Haystack rock and the rooms are incredible. You will feel like a Queen there and eat like a King at that restaurant! We just love running around getting sand between our toes and in our pockets and being beach bums but if we are really splurging it is nice to stay in the fancy hotel...

MIW
MIW isn't kidding about the Surfsand. My sister and I went there for a gal-ivant (trip where we left the husbands at home and the gals went traveling) one time when she came up to visit from Texas. (She'd previously lived in the Seattle area, and missed the scenery and the greenery.) It was heaven, and Cannon Beach is a wonderful place to shop for unusual high-quality items. Another wonderful spot is Oceanside, a little farther down the coast. It's about as un-commercial a spot as you can find on the coast (just one restaurant last I was there, Roseanna's, but it's a good one), but the scenery is fabulous and the agate-hunting the best. The mountains come right down to the beach, so the village climbs the hillside and looks like something painted by Grandma Moses. Check it out in Wikipedia. Like Washington, Oregon also has the Cascade Range running through, and on the other side you find deserts and canyons and SUNSHINE, in case you need to escape the long gray winter for a day or a weekend. If you don't want to go over the mountains, you can usually find the sun by going up to Columbia Gorge a ways.

I've had such a disastrous week CALP-wise that I'm actually looking forward to the beginning of Lent and a forty-day period of practicing strict self-discipline. Maybe in forty days I can build some real habits that will stay with me. The real purpose of Lent is spiritual, of course, but strengthening good habits can be a side benefit, and goodness knows I need all the help I can get.

This week I found a low-carb bread at my local Sprouts Market, called Chompie's Carbs Not, multigrain. It claims to have just 3 carbs and 7 grams of protein per slice, and really isn't half bad, but after I got it home I discovered that the main ingredient after water is "vital wheat gluten," followed by soy flour. Since I'm sensitive to both gluten and soy, I definitely can't eat much of this, but for those who don't have a problem with those foods it might be something worth looking into. As for me, I learned (or re-learned) a lesson about reading labels before tossing something into my grocery cart!

Jaymar, you are so right about the fat. When I can't get un-hungry and can't figure out why, and know I haven't been bingeing on carbs, it's usually because I had extra-lean meat and veggies, period, at my last meal.

Welcome Sue and Icandoit2014! This really is a great plan, especially for a carb addict, if you follow it. I think we true carb junkies have a little more trouble than some, but the problem seems to be insulin resistance for all of us, and the good news is that if you can hang tough for a couple of weeks the cravings will probably be gone. I'm finding that I can't do the big desserts even at RMs without going off the rails sooner or later, but there are other treats--baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, and fruit desserts. I made a gelatin dessert using regular orange juice and unflavored gelatin, which was very good, and I can eat half a cup of that without hitting the skids. I've also made it with other juices, but apple slices or some berries with some cheese really makes a better dessert.

Best of luck, and hang in there!
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #336
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
Thank you for the insights Jerry, MIW and Beadelia!! From reading your feedback, I will do two CMs a day,plus 1 RM. At my RM, I will typically forgoe the sweet desserts and stick to a complex carb (sweet potato, fruit or quinoa)

Yesterday was day one and here's what happened:

Menu:
Breakfast: (2) HB Eggs, Cucumber Sliced, Avocado, Tomatoes,
coffee with heavy creame, (1) Splenda

Lunch: Grilled Chicken, Salad Greens, Salad Dressing

Dinner (60 minutes): Salted Smoked Almonds (handful), Grilled Steak, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Salad greens, dressing, 1 cup vanilla ice cream (full fat and yummy)!

I felt fine. Drank lots of water and wasn't ravenous at dinner time.
Result: Lost two pounds from yesterday and it's TOM! Bloated!!! Go me!!

Today, I will focus on increasing my water intake and paying attention to how I'm feeling physically and emotionally!
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member
 
KatMck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 219
Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandoit2014 View Post
Thank you for the insights Jerry, MIW and Beadelia!! From reading your feedback, I will do two CMs a day,plus 1 RM. At my RM, I will typically forgoe the sweet desserts and stick to a complex carb (sweet potato, fruit or quinoa)

Yesterday was day one and here's what happened:

Menu:
Breakfast: (2) HB Eggs, Cucumber Sliced, Avocado, Tomatoes,
coffee with heavy creame, (1) Splenda

Lunch: Grilled Chicken, Salad Greens, Salad Dressing

Dinner (60 minutes): Salted Smoked Almonds (handful), Grilled Steak, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Salad greens, dressing, 1 cup vanilla ice cream (full fat and yummy)!

I felt fine. Drank lots of water and wasn't ravenous at dinner time.
Result: Lost two pounds from yesterday and it's TOM! Bloated!!! Go me!!

Today, I will focus on increasing my water intake and paying attention to how I'm feeling physically and emotionally!
Yum! That is a really great day of CALP! I wish my meals were as healthy and tasty sounding.

I'm not sure whether it was TOM or just not eating as well as usual, but I only lost .4 lb this week on my average. I'm going to hope for a WHOOOSH in the next couple of days as TOM ends, and if not, then I'm going to start being a little stricter on what I've been eating on RMs. I remember someone saying that chili always makes them retain water, so I wonder if that's part of it. I have been eating chili and pizza as RMs the past two days, and I've been eating chocolate everyday. I'm going to get back to my usual rule for myself, which is that if I have a really carby/starchy side, I won't add sweets onto that RM.

In bigger news, since I am in the goal ring for 115, I'm really excited! But because I don't feel deprived and I'm happy with this WOE, I'm thinking of changing my goal to 110 now. That would be a dream come true and a weight I haven't seen in twelve years. I'm really short (5'1") and have a stocky build, so I don't think going any lower than that would be good for me.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #338
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Yum! That is a really great day of CALP! I wish my meals were as healthy and tasty sounding.

I'm not sure whether it was TOM or just not eating as well as usual, but I only lost .4 lb this week on my average. I'm going to hope for a WHOOOSH in the next couple of days as TOM ends, and if not, then I'm going to start being a little stricter on what I've been eating on RMs. I remember someone saying that chili always makes them retain water, so I wonder if that's part of it. I have been eating chili and pizza as RMs the past two days, and I've been eating chocolate everyday. I'm going to get back to my usual rule for myself, which is that if I have a really carby/starchy side, I won't add sweets onto that RM.

In bigger news, since I am in the goal ring for 115, I'm really excited! But because I don't feel deprived and I'm happy with this WOE, I'm thinking of changing my goal to 110 now. That would be a dream come true and a weight I haven't seen in twelve years. I'm really short (5'1") and have a stocky build, so I don't think going any lower than that would be good for me.
Hi KatMck! Thanks for writing. Yeah I like this WOE also. I am so used to being super strict "Atkins" or other low carb and that leads to binges! With this, I feel mor in control bc I know I can eat whatever just not whenever I want...we'll see!!!

I'm 5ft but don't think I'd ever see 110 or 115. I'm a bit curvier frame so 125 is my ultimate goal!! Next year I turn 40 and I want to do a photo shoot. I want to look better in my 40's than I ever have!!!!!!!!

Are you active as well??
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member
 
KatMck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 219
Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandoit2014 View Post
Hi KatMck! Thanks for writing. Yeah I like this WOE also. I am so used to being super strict "Atkins" or other low carb and that leads to binges! With this, I feel mor in control bc I know I can eat whatever just not whenever I want...we'll see!!!

I'm 5ft but don't think I'd ever see 110 or 115. I'm a bit curvier frame so 125 is my ultimate goal!! Next year I turn 40 and I want to do a photo shoot. I want to look better in my 40's than I ever have!!!!!!!!

Are you active as well??
I teach lyra/aerial hoop classes, but I don't work out nearly as much as I used to. I experienced exactly what you experienced on Atkins/low carb--always super strict until I binged like crazy. My weight loss has actually been quicker on this diet than Atkins because of all the cheating I did then! My cravings became much more manageable after a couple of months on this WOE.

I finally received my WHOOSH today and saw 114.8. Yesterday I ate a chicken salad sandwich with a spinach salad/caesar dressing and chocolate and then chicken alfredo and veggies for dinner.

Today's RM was chicken fingers, a spinach salad with caesar dressing, and 1/3 of a chocolate bar. I also ate some cheese for breakfast. Chicken or beef and veggies for CM tonight!

Tomorrow's plan: Tacos and salad and choclate for the RM with meat and veggies for dinner.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I think it's interesting to see some of you talk about the fact that it does seem much easier not to binge on this woe.., and for me, it really has become the way I prefer to eat., I've done every diet except that HCG, and that one is scary to me., I do believe that people have had so much of the wrong info shoved at us for so many years that it's no wonder people keep gaining weight. If I ate from the food pyramid I probably would gain 50 lbs in a year. for me personally, I have been given "not so good" advice by my own Dr. . he is still into the low fat, wholegrains, fruits and veggie mind set..he also buys everything that the media puts out from other Drs., he told me, no, you don't need to take vitamins, they've found out they don't help.. to that I say .. ha ha ha... well here's something I do know, most vitamins and supplements Need Fat in order for the body to absorb them.. so I've added some fat to my menu, and will still take my regular vitamins. I do know that there are a lot of Drs. who don't buy everything they are told., maybe someday I will find one of them. .The Hellers, and the Drs. Eades have put the woe out there that I believe is best for me, and I'm sure happy they did.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #341
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
I finally received my WHOOSH today and saw 114.8. Yesterday I ate a chicken salad sandwich with a spinach salad/caesar dressing and chocolate and then chicken alfredo and veggies for dinner.
KatMck...I had to google what a WHOOSH was...very interesting read! Congrats on reaching your new weight!🎉

It's amazing to drop these lbs nd not starve! I'm still hoping this WOE isn't toouch to be true!!!
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #342
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I think it's interesting to see some of you talk about the fact that it does seem much easier not to binge on this woe.., and for me, it really has become the way I prefer to eat., I've done every diet except that HCG, and that one is scary to me., I do believe that people have had so much of the wrong info shoved at us for so many years that it's no wonder people keep gaining weight. If I ate from the food pyramid I probably would gain 50 lbs in a year. for me personally, I have been given "not so good" advice by my own Dr. . he is still into the low fat, wholegrains, fruits and veggie mind set..he also buys everything that the media puts out from other Drs., he told me, no, you don't need to take vitamins, they've found out they don't help.. to that I say .. ha ha ha... well here's something I do know, most vitamins and supplements Need Fat in order for the body to absorb them.. so I've added some fat to my menu, and will still take my regular vitamins. I do know that there are a lot of Drs. who don't buy everything they are told., maybe someday I will find one of them. .The Hellers, and the Drs. Eades have put the woe out there that I believe is best for me, and I'm sure happy they did.
Hi Jerry..you're right! Were so misguided when it comes to healthy eating!
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #343
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
Today was a good CALP day. I wasn't physically hungry but I wanted to snack-emotions! I'm really focusing on my emotional attachment to sweets.

Today I weighed in .6lbs lighter than yesterday:
Breakfast: coffee (1/2 decaf)with (1) Splenda, heavy creme, 2 HB Eggs, veggies
Lunch: beef on salad greens,ranch dressing
Dinner RM): 2 small slices pizza, 1/2 cup cappuccino. Yeah not the best but I resisted my ice cream!!!!
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:39 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,682
Gallery: oriana
Hi gals, just thought I'd pop over. Having great success with my big breakfast which is also advocated by the Hellers. They promote eating a big breakfast as being better than eating a later rm. I love getting up to eat and not waiting. Today before 9 a.m. I will have steak, salad with ranch, 14 oz. of Haagen Dazs and a Mt. Dew. On the 7th day I will have a free day which is maintenance.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hi all. Still here. TOM and being sick is making my weight crazy. I always have split week TOM so it carries over 2 weeks. Last week I was up to 213 for my average which is the highest I've seen in over 4 months! YIKES

This week we went out to a movie and dinner after. We don't go out often so I actually had a cheat day which as many know of me is very very rare. Well not sure if that combo'd with TOM and then got sick did it but I was 215 on the scale today. Didn't help that I literally spent 18 hours in bed yesterday... I think I am getting bronchitis and the center of my chest hurts if I breath too hard. Going out into the cold air here is murder. Well I also had an entire can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup so I am hoping it is just latent weight from the cheat day and all the salt. I will see 211 again! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Sorry to hear you've been sick, MIW, hopefully you will feel better soon,. I know that getting sick can sure mess with weight loss, but hopefully once you are able to get back on track the extra will drop right off.. I think it is good that we pay attention to the scale, I didn't always do that, my Dr said.. stay off the scale, just lose weight. yeah ok ha ha...I was given some new pills to help me get some sleep, nortriptylene., and after a week of eating the same way, I've jumped up 2 lbs, . so I think I will discontinue it because I've read that it does cause weight gain in some people. I don't need that.. I'm not giving up , but I will adjust as I need to, I guess.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #347
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Gallery: kathy.p
Hi, My name is Kathy and I've been doing the Heller's diet for about 3 months. So far I've lost 10# and I feel great. All those years of starving to take weight off with other diets made me resistant to starting another diet. Was so tired of being hungry I thought I'd rather be overweight.

This diet seems very slow to me, I've been averaging only 1/2 lb. per week--but it is working and I'm not hungry!! That is worth a lot.
kathy.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #348
Junior LCF Member
 
Icandoit2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7
Gallery: Icandoit2014
Stats: 202/202/125
WOE: CALP (Carbohydrate Addict)
Start Date: February 23 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy.p View Post
Hi, My name is Kathy and I've been doing the Heller's diet for about 3 months. So far I've lost 10# and I feel great. All those years of starving to take weight off with other diets made me resistant to starting another diet. Was so tired of being hungry I thought I'd rather be overweight.

This diet seems very slow to me, I've been averaging only 1/2 lb. per week--but it is working and I'm not hungry!! That is worth a lot.
Welcome Kathy!! Slow and steady wins the race! I finally got to the point where I am tired of dad dieting! I'd rather take it slow, change lifestyle and get there eventually than to keep yo-yo ing! Hang in there!! We'll get there!

Icandoit2014 (aka Pamela)
Icandoit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy.p View Post
Hi, My name is Kathy and I've been doing the Heller's diet for about 3 months. So far I've lost 10# and I feel great. All those years of starving to take weight off with other diets made me resistant to starting another diet. Was so tired of being hungry I thought I'd rather be overweight.

This diet seems very slow to me, I've been averaging only 1/2 lb. per week--but it is working and I'm not hungry!! That is worth a lot.
Welcome! My weight loss too has been at a snail's pace. I have had a month were I only lost 1/2 a pound for the whole month! The ONLY way I saw it however as a loss was due to the daily wts, weekly avg, and also monthly avg where I subtract one month from the next. Otherwise I would have thought I wasn't losing at all. I NEVER count a calorie or restrict, unless I actually feel like it. I do not treat it as a diet but a WOL and this is forever! It really does work. Many days I am just so satisfied from my daily feast that I only eat the RM only. Just take it day by day, do the daily wts if that is your thing and be scientific about it and you will see that it really does work.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Today's RM 9:45-10:45am-

8 oz meatloaf made with ground beef, cheese, eggs (no carbs)
30 oz smoothie with full fat yogurt, strawberries, red and green grapes, orange
2 slices homemade bread with butter and cheese
3 big cloves of garlic (keep back!)


Yesterday's Lunchtime RM-

Large salad (6 cups mixed greens) with blue cheese
10 oz ribeye steak
2 slices homemade bread with butter and cheese
3 cloves garlic
2 cups Safeway brand ice cream
6 girlscout sugar cookies (not sure of the name but plain kind)

I went from 215 to 214.4 on yesterday's meal! I've been drinking lots of water and chamomile and peppermint tea (unsweetened) because I've been sick with bronchitis. I think it is being sick, coming off TOM (time of month), and had an extra carb meal on Monday that has my weight up this week. Hopefully next week I will be back to my 212 average!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #351
Junior LCF Member
 
Caseyjmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 28
Gallery: Caseyjmc
Stats: 235/193/150
WOE: Westman Plan LCHF Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: August 2014
Saner than before with CAD

I went from 235 lbs to 170 in about 18 months by eating fresh veggies, lean meats, fruits and whole grains, all-around good unprocessed food, and less of it.

But at 170, I started to gain, mostly due to overeating frozen yogurt (daily visits to the shop). I craved it, and ate lots of fruit, and felt unfulfilled with my usual oat-based hot cereals for breakfast.

Three months ago I started LCHF and feel great. No weight loss, though. I do have great blood lipids now, and have no cravings.

2 weeks ago I started CAD/CALP, and I'm not crazy around it like I was several years ago when I tried it. (I lost 20 lbs then, but ate way too much carbs and stuffed myself at the RMs. Stalled weight loss, so I left the program.) this time seems to be much saner. I started at 197.5 and now am at 196.4. About ˝ lb per week.

One thing the Hellers and others emphasize is to avoid artificial sweeteners. No can do. I love my cup of coffee in the morning and hate it unsweetened. I feel deprived and resentful at not having it. And I like it sweet enough that using a non-artificial sweetening source would be ridiculous. I don't drink pop except maybe once a month. I use pure Sucralose powder and make my own liquid "Splenda" so there are no carbs and fillers. Do not like Stevia at all.

My RMs are balanced now, and I don't overeat past satiety.

I appreciate this forum, and look forward to sharing success with you all.
Caseyjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,682
Gallery: oriana
Hi ladies, just thought I would pop in and let you know where I am at. I am on the Big Breakfast Diet board and losing again. I was stuck on my cm/cm/rm deal and felt gross eating late at night. I am actually eating more now and no gains.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Hi ladies, just thought I would pop in and let you know where I am at. I am on the Big Breakfast Diet board and losing again. I was stuck on my cm/cm/rm deal and felt gross eating late at night. I am actually eating more now and no gains.
212.8 lbs today! I'll take it

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #354
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: washington state
Posts: 12
Gallery: buddy22
hi everybody!hey,i have a quick question.even though the hellers say you can eat the cream and butter and by going low carb your cholesterol will do better,i still get nervous putting the cream in my coffee and the butter(good fats)in my food.i get nervous about heart disease,etc.anyone get alittle anxious about this too?lately ive been anxious anyway,so im sure that's adding to it,but anyone get regular labs done and don't see rises in cholesterol,etc.?thanks guys!
buddy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy22 View Post
hi everybody!hey,i have a quick question.even though the hellers say you can eat the cream and butter and by going low carb your cholesterol will do better,i still get nervous putting the cream in my coffee and the butter(good fats)in my food.i get nervous about heart disease,etc.anyone get alittle anxious about this too?lately ive been anxious anyway,so im sure that's adding to it,but anyone get regular labs done and don't see rises in cholesterol,etc.?thanks guys!
I can't say from experience but I remember reading several reviews for the books on Amazon where people said their labs were good.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
212.2 lbs today. Been eating well for sure. Also lots of garlic still... LOL Boy I stink. My friend said "An apple a day keeps the doctor away. A garlic a day keeps everyone away!" LOL I've been eating like 3 spicy cloves a day. Trying to kill my bronchitis that is trying to now turn into laryngitis. I am sure the chocolate and ice cream I am eating isn't helping any. But, I've also been doing lots of vitamins. I don't list them in my RM's but I try to take an Emergen-C daily and sometimes 2 of them when I am sick.


MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #357
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: washington state
Posts: 12
Gallery: buddy22
thanks miw!hope you feel better soon!bronchitis is just awful.i guess being a nurse comes in handy even when you yourself are sick!have a good Saturday!
buddy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Gallery: kathy.p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyjmc View Post
I went from 235 lbs to 170 in about 18 months by eating fresh veggies, lean meats, fruits and whole grains, all-around good unprocessed food, and less of it.

But at 170, I started to gain, mostly due to overeating frozen yogurt (daily visits to the shop). I craved it, and ate lots of fruit, and felt unfulfilled with my usual oat-based hot cereals for breakfast.

Three months ago I started LCHF and feel great. No weight loss, though. I do have great blood lipids now, and have no cravings.

2 weeks ago I started CAD/CALP, and I'm not crazy around it like I was several years ago when I tried it. (I lost 20 lbs then, but ate way too much carbs and stuffed myself at the RMs. Stalled weight loss, so I left the program.) this time seems to be much saner. I started at 197.5 and now am at 196.4. About ˝ lb per week.

One thing the Hellers and others emphasize is to avoid artificial sweeteners. No can do. I love my cup of coffee in the morning and hate it unsweetened. I feel deprived and resentful at not having it. And I like it sweet enough that using a non-artificial sweetening source would be ridiculous. I don't drink pop except maybe once a month. I use pure Sucralose powder and make my own liquid "Splenda" so there are no carbs and fillers. Do not like Stevia at all.

My RMs are balanced now, and I don't overeat past satiety.

I appreciate this forum, and look forward to sharing success with you all.
Well, it is nice to read what you are saying, because it helps me know that others have had the same challenges. I, too, started CAD a few years ago and stopped because I didn't lose weight. But I was really pushing the carbs during the Reward Meal and eating more than I really felt comfortable eating.

Now I'm thinking I can do this forever. When I eat something that is a "trigger" food, I try to limit myself to a reasonably sized portion. It's amazing how much I can eat even after I'm full when I'm not careful. If I make a cup of tea and drink that when I'm wanting another portion of dessert, I find myself satisfied. But it might take 15 or 20 minutes to reach that state.

Kathy
kathy.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member
 
coffeelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 555
Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Hi! My name is Louise and I just wanted to pop by and say that today I'm starting the CAD. I've tried many different diets over the years (including CAD), and remember that this was one of the least complicated. I've decided to follow the original plan because that's the book I own. If I need to make adjustments then I'll get the updated version.

Anyhow, I'm making a meal plan this morning and going grocery shopping for the week. Being organized and having everything at home, is super-important for me to stay on plan.

Glad to see that there is a support thread for this plan.
__________________
Louise
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member
 
KatMck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 219
Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Welcome, CoffeeLover, Kathy.p, and CaseyJMC!

Makeitwork, glad you saw a good number again! I hope you feel better soon. I think it's so strange that when I'm sick I tend to retain water and go up on the scale. Maybe it's just part of the body's defense mechanism?

I've had an eventful week! After I had my whoosh from 116 to 114.8, I was happy and thought that was the end of it. Then the next day I was down to 113.8. Then the next day I was down to 112.8 for two days in a row. That's the longest, biggest whoosh I've ever had! I'm back up to 113.6 today, but I had chili yesterday, which does seem to make me retain water.

Today I'm having a spinach white pizza RM and then ham and cheese roll ups for a CM later.

Since I've changed my goalpost again, I thought I would include my weekly average weights since I began this WOE for anyone interested:

Oct 26: 129.6
Nov 2: 128.9
Nov 9: 128.6
Nov 16: 128.3
Nov 23: 127.2
Nov 30: 125.4
Dec 7: 125.9
Dec 14: 124.4
Dec 21: 124.7
Dec 28: 122.5
Jan 4: 121.7
Jan 11: 120.5
Jan 18: 119.2
Jan 25: 118.8
Feb 1: 118
Feb 8: 116.8
Feb 15: 115.9
Feb 22: 115.4
Mar 1: 114.1
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.