Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Forgot to share that I did some nice things for myself and I am so glad I did. I think it is good to take care of ourselves in other ways besides trying to lose weight. I am not gifted with a lot of free time or extra cash but I did splurge for a couple of hours and got my hair trimmed (needed it for months now) and got a manicure and waxed. I also try to go to the spa with a good friend once every 3 to 4 months if I can. Hope everyone is taking care of themselves and having a good time! I've also been doing my make-up again which is fun for me. I love watching youtube videos on ways to do make-up like a professional and doing full make-up. I am sure it is over the top for the area where I live but I do it for myself. And I was a total plain-Jane tomboy girl growing up and am still very active outdoors and tomboyish but even I find it funny how as I age I want to be more girly now. Just one of those life discoveries I suppose when one starts the journey of losing weight and also delving into the psyche a bit more too I think it is amazing some of the things I am learning about myself...

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hi Everyone, . sorry to hear some of you aren't feeling well, hope you're better soon,. sorry to hear about your Dad, Oriana..hope he is better. . Bedelia, you sure have a lot to deal with, I know how bad Alzheimer's is.. my mom had it.. we do keep learning more all the time about how to help prevent it, and I think you're right about the sugar, at least for me I know sugar causes big problems.. I had to have another steroid shot, sure wish I could get this darned sulfa out of my system, but I keep plugging along and trying to follow this good way of eating. . I have come across a couple of new things that l like to make. . saw it on LC Friends, somewhere... I take about 7 oz. of ground beef, some canned mushrooms, onions, and brown it all up. then add 1 small can of Rotel tomatoes, cook it a while, then stir in some sour cream or cream cheese.. I put it over shiritake noodles or sometimes.. shredded cabbage.. very good.. and low calorie and low carb.. the other thing I've learned to make in order to keep my protein higher is, I take a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 tbsp. cream cheese and a handful of frozen strawberries..and guess what?.. it's a strawberry cheesecake shake.. I really enjoy having one with my RM.. Hang in there, we will have some bad days along the way, but I believe we are all going to make it to our goal.
jaymar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I am also wondering if my having CM's with the Americanos with cream or just having them by themselves according to the coffee rule (consumed under 15 minutes) could be part of the issue for the rise but in all honesty the day I drank the beer and some whiskey with pepsi I was wondering if it would take a day or two to show up on the scale and it did.
Ugh, yes. It's been miserable, and I'm sick and up on the scale again today despite having such a great day yesterday. Fingers crossed it's because of the three cups of salty broth I drank! My ring is tight today when it usually is about to fall off my finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Hang in there, we will have some bad days along the way, but I believe we are all going to make it to our goal.
This is very comforting. I think you're right!

Today I ate a Whopper with cheese and mayo with a side of creamed spinach and a Coke Zero as a lunch RM. (More comfort food, ha ha)

Tonight's CM was low carb Swedish meatballs and veggies.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Today 213.4. Slow go on the scale going back to previous levels. But I know I haven't been drinking enough water as my skin is dry but my ring is still fairly loose. In fact, that is part of the reason I haven't been too upset with the plateau as my ring and watch have been soooooo loose that I know something is happening!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Today 213.4. Slow go on the scale going back to previous levels. But I know I haven't been drinking enough water as my skin is dry but my ring is still fairly loose. In fact, that is part of the reason I haven't been too upset with the plateau as my ring and watch have been soooooo loose that I know something is happening!
Yeah, feeling my ring definitely helps when I'm having an up day. You're on the way back down! I was back down to 116.4 today, and my weekly average showed a big drop worth all the trouble of the past couple of weeks.

Today's meals:

Breakfast RM of ham and cheese and mustard on a wheat hamburger bun toasted with butter. That was it because I had to run out and teach classes.

Snack: One huge beef jerky stick and another smaller beef jerky stick and cheddar stick.

Dinner: Steak and roasted brussel sprouts, plus a monkfruit-sweetened flourless chocolate mug cake with homemade whipped cream.

I know that having that cake is kinda cheating on the concept of RM, but I've been so sick and craving lately. I think that TOM might be around the corner again.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I am still at the hospital with my dad. I am losing while sticking to 2 cms/1 rm this week. I started at 110.5 and this morning at 108. Yesterday was 3-4 oz. cheese, lg. coffee with heavy cream and splenda. Lunch was a smallish ribeye, lg. salad with ranch, diet pepsi. RM last night was pasta with chicken parmesean, salad with ranch, pumpkin cheese cake with whipped cream, can of pepsi.

Today I started with 3 oz. cheese, lg. coffee with heavy cream and splenda. Lunch is a chicken salad, and rm taco salad and more cheesecake and a pepsi.

I am sticking to 2 cms for awhile. It seems eating in the morning starts the burning of calories.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Today thankfully (LOL) I was 211.6 lbs so I think I have finally shed the alcohol weight. I love to drink but hardly do simply because my lifestyle doesn't really allow for it and also I know how much the liver takes a hit and how it disrupts it's ability to burn fat. I totally expected the scale to jump and it did.

Today a breakfast RM of:

1 large pork chop
Large mixed green salad with blue cheese dsg
Lrg decaf iced mocha with whole milk
1 Cup Mint Choc Moose Tracks
2 choc chip cookies

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amlucas
Hello everyone, I just got the book mm and I have read half of it in 1 day. I think this is going to work for me. I have lost my son in 2008 to a drunk driver, my house burned down in 2012, my youngest son was on I.V drugs from losing his brother and my weight kept on climbing. My current weight is 260 so I need to lose about 110 lbs. I am so glad I found this board, and so many people on mm with such success. I look forward to communicating with all of you and love hearing your success stories. Does anyone have any tips for me?
Amlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Today I think (after 2 months of averaging) that I can say I lose about a pound a week. Along with my gratitude for the freedom from hunger, that's ok. It probably will be at least a year before I get down where I would like to be, but again, I am so grateful for the ravenous hunger to not be an issue, I really don't care.
Still learning lots about what my body will and won't tolerate...that's what I get for years and years of not paying attention.
Did someone say this WOE may get a little more successful after a couple months, or did I just mix that up with another program????
I am really impressed with how well everyone is doing, and isn't it nice that minor indiscretions don't seem to wind up being a full blown binge...
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

I really understand what you're saying about what you learn about your body, nitenurse. . I've been doing this, not perfectly, but the best way I could given my health circumstances and being out of town for a couple of months.. I've found that some things work differently for me, .. after the first two months I got to where I could not eat a large RM, , felt like I would explode.. so I had to cut the size of the meals down.. also, I found that I did not get so ravenously hungry when I ate more protein. if I had fruit or too much starchy carbs at the RM, I would get hungry.. so for me, there is a big connection between carbs and hunger. . gee , I wish I had known that years ago ! Oh well, it's nice to be able to eat when I need to, and keep it very low carb , and still have a nice meal with moderate carbs once a day.. I've lost about 14 lbs since I started eating this way, over 5 months ago, and like I've said, with taking all the steroids, that's a miracle. . We are all different, so we just need to watch for signals that tell us what our body wants, I guess. Now I know why WW and other programs were impossible for me to stay on.. the carbs they allow would trigger my hunger and I'd be off plan in no time..that's me, I'm sure a lot of people can do them, but I know that I can't., now it's nice to have some carbs at a meal, I just stay away from a lot of sugar and breads and cakes etc.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Welcome, Amlucas. It sounds like you've really been through it, and still have plenty to deal with. I'm fairly new here too, and a lot of my own overeating is emotional, so believe me, I understand. I guess the best tip I can give you is to go back over this thread and the 2013 thread, and read all the posts as you have time. That will give you a pretty good overview of what seems to work for people and where the pitfalls are. Expect the first few days on the program to be difficult, because if your body is used to getting what it wants when it wants it, it will act like a spoiled child at first until it gets used to this new, more disciplined way of eating. The good news is that after even a few days you'll start to notice that you have greater peace about food, and the cravings start to disappear. The bad news is that they'll try to rear their ugly heads again from time to time, and occasionally you will stumble or fall. We all do. That doesn't mean the plan doesn't work, just that you have to be vigilant and be ready to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and continue on down this right road.

Blessings to you. Hang in there, and tell us about your progress and your questions. This is a very supportive group.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
OMG - I had no idea that my patience would be so thin!!! I am finally on this way of eating stringing together a few pretty good days with several stellar days... and I am soooo impatient for results!! I always thought if I beat my addiction that I would feel so much better. I can say I am not feeling addicted to food with this way of eating, but I am really feeling an odd emotion of just how long it's going to take to see results. I know it didn't come on overnight and all that jazz, but I didn't expect to feel this way. It's almost like a helpless feeling. I'm not getting on the scale, and for me this is the right decision. Too many times I have fallen off the wagon due to giving up after a bad weigh-in. But because of no scale, I really don't know how well I'm doing. Two pairs of pants fit this week that did not last week (couldn't get them close to buttoning last week), so that's an indicator I'm going in the right direction.

I know if I get on the scale and it doesn't show enough weight loss I will fall off the wagon. So I will continue on "blindly" following this WOE and hoping that my patience will get better.

One other discouraging factor (and I know I am venting), is that I have lost and gained often enough that I can lose 30 pounds before going down one size at the weight I'm at... I can lose 60 pounds before going down two sizes. After that, it's more like 15-20 pounds per size... and then when I get in the 100s, it's more like 10-15 pounds per size. So I am thinking it will be months before anyone notices my efforts. And yes, I know the months will go by whether I am doing this plan or not, but I am just feeling the impatience of it all!!!

I am very happy to not feel addicted to food. I have had the ability to deal with how my body feels. Most days, I'm doing CMs with 1 RM. If I feel run down, I'm allowing myself a bowl of cereal or pbj. Nothing crazy. But for my lifestyle to be doable, I have to adjust when I'm not feeling good.

I do not know how any of you great folks do one meal per day. I don't aspire to do that, and my body would never be able to function like that... I hope there are others on this board like me who need several meals a day... because for a while there it seemed like it was going toward a one-meal-per-day goal here. I don't relate to that.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by alliejon; 02-10-2014 at 11:18 AM..
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

There is something to eating breakfast even if it is a cm for me. I am 107.5 and eating 2 cms and 1 rm. Yesterday I was full all day and had 2 cheese sticks, lg. coffee with sf sweeteners and heavy cream/chicken thigh, salad with ranch/8 oz. huge Reesee cup and an apple. I just wasn't hungry and ate light. Today I am eating more to keep my metabolism high. I woke up to a cream cheese omelet, coffee with cream. Lunch will be a salmon salad with lots of ranch (I don't measure). Dinner after getting back from the hospital will be late again at 9 pm. and am planning on a taco salad which is not small and a big dessert of some kind. I am loving the 2 cms because I love waking up to breakfast and I love dinners at night. LOVE CAD! Lost from 110.5 to 107. 5 this week.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
LOVE CAD! Lost from 110.5 to 107. 5 this week.
Glad you found your groove again, Oriana!

Alliejon, I also cannot bring myself to eat one meal a day, although I applaud those who can do it. I usually end up eating a CM and a large snack along with an RM early in the day.

I hit a new low on Saturday, 115.8! Unfortunately, this weekend was our anniversary and I had already planned a purposeful cheat for our beach trip. I'm planning on not weighing for a couple of days so that I won't feel discouraged after hitting that low this weekend. I can certainly tell I'm up today just by looking in the mirror, but the champagne and risotto and chocolate cake were worth it!

Keeping calm and CADing on!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Good going, Oriana. If you can stick to the program and continue losing under your present circumstances, you can do it under any circumstances. I'm amazed. Am also praying for your dad--please keep us posted on his progress.

Hang in there, Alliejon. The slowness is frustrating, but you'll make it, one slogging step at a time. I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't get in this shape (round--very round) overnight, and I'm not going to fix it overnight. I also have to remind myself that the faster I lose weight, the sooner I plateau and the more likely I am to binge it all back.

One thing I find very frustrating is that each time I hit a new low I quickly bounce back up a few pounds and then have to re-lose over several days (or more) back down to that new low, which then becomes the new average for a while until I push down to another new low. It seems to me that I'm not alone in this. MIW, haven't we seen this happen to you a few times? Others? Does somebody know why?

Everyone have a blessed day. I have a bunch of errands I ought to run, but it's cold outside with a light freezing rain in the forecast for our area, and I don't want to get caught away from home when that starts, so I'm dedicating today to catching up on chores around here. Maybe it's just as well. For some reason I woke up craving a Big Mac combo meal, but as it is I'm stuck with all the healthy stuff in my own refrigerator and pantry.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
One thing I find very frustrating is that each time I hit a new low I quickly bounce back up a few pounds and then have to re-lose over several days (or more) back down to that new low, which then becomes the new average for a while until I push down to another new low. It seems to me that I'm not alone in this. MIW, haven't we seen this happen to you a few times? Others? Does somebody know why?
I have this exact experience! I wonder if it involves our bodies freaking out when we hit a new low because our bodies are programmed to gain weight, not lose it. Then we have to fight it back down to the new low, after which our bodies accept that and then the cycle has to repeat for each new low?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes, the bouncing up seems to go along with losing weight., I do it often. lately tho , since I'm not able to eat as big a meal at one time, I've noticed that the bounces are smaller for me. I am still wondering about the shrinking stomach thing, it seems that I simply cannot eat as much as I used to eat, I never believed in that before, but something has definitely changed in the last few months. I'll take it cause maybe that will help me get the weight off.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlucas View Post
Hello everyone, I just got the book mm and I have read half of it in 1 day. I think this is going to work for me. I have lost my son in 2008 to a drunk driver, my house burned down in 2012, my youngest son was on I.V drugs from losing his brother and my weight kept on climbing. My current weight is 260 so I need to lose about 110 lbs. I am so glad I found this board, and so many people on mm with such success. I look forward to communicating with all of you and love hearing your success stories. Does anyone have any tips for me?
So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the stress you've endured. I am somewhat new to this woe. I love the plan however losses have been very slow.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:41 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I am just thrilled with my new success on having 2 cms and 1 rm. I actually like it better than just one meal a day. I was really hungry after yesterdays' cream cheese omelet, coffee with cream/salmon salad with ranch so for my rm dinner I ate a whole frozen DiGiornos meat pizza and 1/2 turtle cream pie with extra whipped cream. I added two mini tomatoes with ranch for dipping to the pizza and also a can of pepsi and lg. coffee with cream and sugar. I was amazed that I was only up 2.5 pounds to 110 this morning. Ask me if I care. I am not skipping breakfast this morning either even though I am still not hungry. I feel that it starts the burning process. That is one thing that I learned from the BB Diet.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
OMG - I had no idea that my patience would be so thin!!! I am finally on this way of eating stringing together a few pretty good days with several stellar days... and I am soooo impatient for results!! I always thought if I beat my addiction that I would feel so much better. I can say I am not feeling addicted to food with this way of eating, but I am really feeling an odd emotion of just how long it's going to take to see results. I know it didn't come on overnight and all that jazz, but I didn't expect to feel this way. It's almost like a helpless feeling. I'm not getting on the scale, and for me this is the right decision. Too many times I have fallen off the wagon due to giving up after a bad weigh-in. But because of no scale, I really don't know how well I'm doing. Two pairs of pants fit this week that did not last week (couldn't get them close to buttoning last week), so that's an indicator I'm going in the right direction.

I know if I get on the scale and it doesn't show enough weight loss I will fall off the wagon. So I will continue on "blindly" following this WOE and hoping that my patience will get better.

One other discouraging factor (and I know I am venting), is that I have lost and gained often enough that I can lose 30 pounds before going down one size at the weight I'm at... I can lose 60 pounds before going down two sizes. After that, it's more like 15-20 pounds per size... and then when I get in the 100s, it's more like 10-15 pounds per size. So I am thinking it will be months before anyone notices my efforts. And yes, I know the months will go by whether I am doing this plan or not, but I am just feeling the impatience of it all!!!

I am very happy to not feel addicted to food. I have had the ability to deal with how my body feels. Most days, I'm doing CMs with 1 RM. If I feel run down, I'm allowing myself a bowl of cereal or pbj. Nothing crazy. But for my lifestyle to be doable, I have to adjust when I'm not feeling good.

I do not know how any of you great folks do one meal per day. I don't aspire to do that, and my body would never be able to function like that... I hope there are others on this board like me who need several meals a day... because for a while there it seemed like it was going toward a one-meal-per-day goal here. I don't relate to that.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
I know how you feel Allie. I've been doing this woe for almost 4 weeks now and I am only down around 3 lbs. I'm grateful for the loss but geez was hoping for a little more than that. Of course I am able to eat food that actually has flavor and I'm not hungry so guess I need to just keep plugging. I have just read others menus and weight losses and I think why am I not losing like that? Maybe they are exercising and drinking lots of water? I know I fall a little short in this area so maybe that's why.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah I tried the BBD but just couldn't get all that food prepared and eaten before leaving for work. Plus it was a bummer not getting to have dinner with my family. I believe it works but I think that CAD I'd best for me. I just wish the scales would move a little faster. I bounce around the same pound for a week or so. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Not sure. Some mornings my breakfast cm is just eggs and meat. No veggies. Maybe that's the problem?
Old 02-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
If I'm hungry when I get up, I have a cm breakfast. If I'm not, I wait til noon or so and have an RM or cm, but I try not to eat a big meal after 4, I just don't digest it before bedtime.
I do have a cm snack with meds about 8pm, but I haven't been getting hungry again after the RM, whenever it is, as long as I eat enough protein with it.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I know how you feel Allie. I've been doing this woe for almost 4 weeks now and I am only down around 3 lbs. I'm grateful for the loss but geez was hoping for a little more than that. Of course I am able to eat food that actually has flavor and I'm not hungry so guess I need to just keep plugging. I have just read others menus and weight losses and I think why am I not losing like that? Maybe they are exercising and drinking lots of water? I know I fall a little short in this area so maybe that's why.

You seem pretty close to goal, so maybe that's why you're losing slowly? I haven't lost a full lb in one week yet on this diet, and I've been on it since October. I think slow and steady is the best way to go for that last little bit! I started in October at around 130 and am now hovering around 115. The weight loss has gone much more smoothly if not more quickly because I cheat less on this less-restrictive diet.

I weighed today and was up .4 from my lowest weight of 115.8. I ate very strictly yesterday, but today the TOM monster showed up and I ate a whopper RM, plus steak and veggies for lunch, and wings and low-carb chocolate mug cake for supper. I usually like to finish eating by 6 pm, but tonight I ate late and will probably pay tomorrow on the scale.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LALady
New to Program

I'm just getting started. Heard about CAD on Oprah radio and decided to try it. I am finding I'm not hungry, but not really understand how the concept of 1/3 works if you aren't weighing, or measuring. How do you know how much you get in terms of the carbohydrates (noodles, potato, etc), if you don't measure? How many ounces of meat equals 1/2 cup noodles? How do you get to eat macaroni and cheese?
LALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

I'm sure others here with more experience eating CAD style will speak up, but I find just eyeballing portions works fine. I look at my plate and if it looks in general like I have a third of a plate of macaroni and cheese or bread or dessert, a chicken breast, and then some kind of veggie, I'm happy. You could definitely measure, but one of the main benefits of this diet is to be free from that kind of counting. With eye-balling, you might have some slight imbalance and slower loss, but I think that's the trade-off for feeling happy and satisfied and still losing.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

KAT- well that makes me feel better. I was beginning to think it was just not working. I've technically really lost only 3 lbs in a month but that's not bad I guess. At least I'm not starving. I could try a few tweaks to see if it helps. Such as water intake, eating last meal slightly earlier, and instead of always having dessert as my carb in my RM have something like potatoes ora nice warm dinner roll instead of refined sugar every RM. I always have my RM at night too. So guess I will stick with it a little longer before throwing in the towel.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Ok this may be TMI but wondering if anyone else experiencing difficulty going potty? Is their a fiber supplement that's sugar free that's not disgusting? I have some fiber gummies but they have some sugar. Wonder if this also might be slowing down my losses.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:56 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Ok this may be TMI but wondering if anyone else experiencing difficulty going potty? Is their a fiber supplement that's sugar free that's not disgusting? I have some fiber gummies but they have some sugar. Wonder if this also might be slowing down my losses.
I just try and take apple pectin fiber tablets on days my RM doesn't have much fiber. Or a probiotic in my water. Both work for me, and no flavor or sugars in either.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:00 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALady View Post
I'm just getting started. Heard about CAD on Oprah radio and decided to try it. I am finding I'm not hungry, but not really understand how the concept of 1/3 works if you aren't weighing, or measuring. How do you know how much you get in terms of the carbohydrates (noodles, potato, etc), if you don't measure? How many ounces of meat equals 1/2 cup noodles? How do you get to eat macaroni and cheese?
I just go with how much fills me up. The simplicity instead of worry about this way of eating is what makes me keep with this. And it is definitely a "slow and steady" way of eating.

And I know when the scale isn't moving where I have stretched things, or eaten 2 RMs in a day........but that is better for me than the stress of trying to eat specific foods all the time. I have parts of the year where work has more stress than anybody needs! Food doesn't need to add to it
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

I have also learned to eyeball my plate, and the size of the portions have changed a bit since I started eating this way.. seems like for me, it's the volume of what I eat that can cause me a problem I like to add lots of mushrooms, onions, and peppers etc. to my dishes, so I can't overdo it or I get a temporary tummy ache.. guess that's for the best , for me, anyway..the other day I picked up Chinese food for my main RM, well, I couldn't eat half of it, where as in the past I would have eaten the whole meal. . don't know why it's happened this way, but I'm learning to live with it..and hoping for more weight loss.. good luck to all of you, and have a Happy Valentine's Day.