Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Winter M&E thread

Hi all,

Sorry about the lack of a clever title this time around but you get the point

Hope you all join us here for this season's round of M&E.

Everyone is encouraged and welcome to participate.

cheers
Natasha
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Ok so this is my second day of M&E this round (only planning one more day after this) and I'm down 0.5kg (1.1lbs) Not too bad I suppose and it's better than a gain

Planned menu today:
B: Coffee with almond milk, 3 x scrambled eggs with small amount chopped up pepperoni
S: Frozen iced coffee with HWC & stevia
L: 2 x boiled eggs mashed with mayo and cut up ham
D: Ground pork mince and prawn chinese omelette
Lots and lots of water, 50 mins elliptical trainer and light weights

Hopefully will get some losses tomorrow again, fingers crossed....

Happy losing all

Last edited by tashydoll; 12-22-2013 at 01:22 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hey Tashy & All, missed everyone, Happy Holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Ok so this is my second day of M&E this round (only planning one more day after this) and I'm down 0.5kg (1.1lbs) Not too bad I suppose and it's better than a gain

Planned menu today:
B: Coffee with almond milk, 3 x scrambled eggs with small amount chopped up pepperoni
S: Frozen iced coffee with HWC & stevia
L: 2 x boiled eggs mashed with mayo and cut up ham
D: Ground pork mince and prawn chinese omelette
Lots and lots of water, 50 mins elliptical trainer and light weights

Hopefully will get some losses tomorrow again, fingers crossed....

Happy losing all
----------------------
Hi Tashy and All, sorry I've been gone away so long. Finances and personal stuff kept me away, mostly. I've finally got a job again and things will be looking up now. Nuff said on that. I'll be back on my plan again and joining everyone right after the holidays, xmas that is, is over. So here's to a great year for everyone. Proud of you all. Take care. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Thanks for starting the thread tashydoll! Mae, long time no see! Glad to see you as well.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Just wanted to join in! I primarily eat meat and eggs, but also a little cheese. I keep it very simple!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Merry Christmas Eve Eve

No meat and egg for me until around new years

Well not by themselves
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/142.4/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hi Friends Old and New!
I'm here working on surviving Christmas low carbish/Primalish. Haven't weighed in since my high after Thanksgiving, probably won't until after the New Year. It's my game to keep me from stressing and cheating. So far, so good (I think). My goal is to beat where I started the first of last year and then lose in 2014.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS all and God Bless!!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Doing my best to stick to M&E this week. I have travelling and holidays as most everyone else. I am also doing JUDDD with my M&E, hoping that this will help me make it through the holiday's with minimum gain when we have the family events and travelling challenges.

Today's Plan (less than 500 cals):

B: coffee w/ HWC and CO (170)
L: skip
D: 3 med eggs OM (135)
S: (if needed) sleepytime tea w/ 1 T HWC (50)

(possibly tuna w/mayo (75-150) at lunch if too hungry)

335 cals total (410 to 485 if I have the tuna)

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hi Friends and welcome, Newbies!

Thanks for starting the new thread, Tashy! I've been busy wrapping and baking and cleaning (oh my!).

Not sure I will be back on for a few days. We do my family's Christmas on Christmas Eve, then DH and I just sit back and chill and watch movies on Christmas Day. And eat--though this year it will be low carb goodies.

May you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Hello, Meat-and-Eggers, I'm sending you all good thoughts for happy M/E-ing during the holidays.

Meat (both muscle meat and offal), bone broths, eggs, butter, CLO, and homemade yoghurt are the pillars of my food plan. I add a few things for extra nutrition, variety, etc. I've been making "jello" with beef gelatin granules lately, using herbal teas, black tea, or oil of lemon, (no sweeteners at all). I eat it plain or mix in some homemade yoghurt.

I find that using the gelatin makes it easy to enjoy maintenance, and it fills the "need" for "fun food", so that cheese and nuts don't seem so attractive.

Best wishes to you all.

Best wishes for happy, healthy LCing.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/163.6/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: September 26, 2014
Is anyone doing meat and egg for the new year? I'm doing more stillman's but technically it is meat and egg!
IWasMadeThisWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, IWMTW! I'm doing my own version of M/E, beef, beef fat, liver (both beef and chicken), brains, marrow, fish, eggs (mainly yolks), homemade yoghurt, gelatin, bone broths, rennet puddings, etc. Very little plant matter. The egg yolks, hh, and occasional unsw. baking choc. add up to ca. 15g CHO/d. I make gelatin with black tea, or herbs, or use baking oils: lemon, almond, mint, etc. I eat 3-4 ounces at a time, w/ ca. 1 T of yoghurt or rennet pudding mixed in.

I haven't set a time limit to it, yet. Hope you are doing really well!

Best wishes for a very happy new year.

Last edited by Auntie Em; 01-01-2014 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sticking to my meat, eggs, and cheese and hoping to get to goal in the spring of this year!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, MtherGoos! I wish you happy success!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Auntie Em!! Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to join you in maintenance!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

MtherGoos, with meat, eggs, and cheese, you'll be there soon!

If I stay away from things that are trigger foods, either for eating more, or allergic reactions, I do fine. Little indulgences such as a decaf w/ hh, or the gelatin and yoghurt, make the strict food plan seem quite inclusive, for me.

Will you give a big smile to Arizona for me? It's one of my favorite places!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love it here too! Our temperatures right now are hitting about 70 during the day and the 40's at night. I couldn't ask for anything better than that in January.

I agree, eating this way seems so easy and maintainable. My "splurges" are to have some avocado or some sour cream, and I feel like I'm cheating when I do that. There's so much great food to choose from, that there's just no need for anything else.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Ok Sorry for the long post. I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! so that being said I'm starting M&E but not until Mon the 6th due to prep work plus I have to help my sister move...her husband passed and she lost the home...medical bills. I really want to make this work so PLEASE HELP...I eat out several time a week and don't get to pick the place.. I need ideas on how to do this. IHOP is easy but what about places like Applebees or Costa Vida? Like I said I don't get a say in where we eat. Any help would be great.
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Ok Sorry for the long post. I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! so that being said I'm starting M&E but not until Mon the 6th due to prep work plus I have to help my sister move...her husband passed and she lost the home...medical bills. I really want to make this work so PLEASE HELP...I eat out several time a week and don't get to pick the place.. I need ideas on how to do this. IHOP is easy but what about places like Applebees or Costa Vida? Like I said I don't get a say in where we eat. Any help would be great.
Congratulations!!! Being a grandma is so very fun!

Honestly, I find eating out on this way of eating to be SO very easy. Much easier than trying to count calories when eating out. Be careful at IHOP, a lot of places put "stuff" in their eggs if you get them scrambled or an omelet, so if you get eggs, be sure that they aren't scrambled in any way. At most places you can easily get a steak and a side salad with a nice blue cheese dressing, or some broccoli instead of a salad. Or get a yummy bacon cheeseburger with veggies on the side instead of fries. Or a cobb salad is always good, or even some kind of steak salad or taco salad. Fajitas can work if you need them too, just don't eat the tortillas. Bacon and eggs can work if you go to any diner type of places.

Really, it's so easy to do. Sometimes I end up paying for food that I'm not going to eat, but I'd rather do that than eat food that I definitely don't need and that isn't good for me.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Thanks Im excited. I thought we mostly had to eat just eggs, that sounds easier. I dont mind paying for food I dont eat...thats what dogs are for...lol
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Thanks Im excited. I thought we mostly had to eat just eggs, that sounds easier. I dont mind paying for food I dont eat...thats what dogs are for...lol
Hi Mamalaw,,,,I agree, that is what dogs are for, but husbands work out too.

I'm a stillie but would like to peek in on you all too. Basically I may try and cut the cheese out for a few days now and again.
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Im doing a whole 30 so not really meat and egg suitable for me.

I find I tend to be heavy on the meat when i do M&E. I love adding butter to everything tho, so its off limits to me until Feb 1st.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I've read that IHOP puts pancake batter in their omlettes so beware.

I recently ate every meal for a week out and ordered things like eggs and bacon, hamburgers, steak etc. I do occasionally eat a little cheese so I could have bacon cheeseburgers and I eat lettuce and sometimes have a few green veggies as well so could have small salads with dinner and one night I ate a few green beans. As you see, I am not completely strict about meat and eggs because I do eat a few veggies.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Back to M&E for a few days. Did 5 weeks very successfully and added back good carbs but stayed pretty low carb. After Christmas Eve that I allowed indulgences I noticed it took me a few days to lose the cravings for sugar & bad carbs. This time after New Year's eve indulgence the next day I did a greek yogurt day and today back to M&E and no cravings !! I attribute the no cravings or hunger to the M&E. Will keep a M&E for another day and then incorporate my veggies and berries but will keep M&E to get over indulgences or just to eat clean as part of my routine.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
Hello, all! I'm going to do M&E for a few days to see how it works for me. For those of you that incorporate cheese in your plan, do you limit your consumption? Is it better to go without completely?
pulchritudinous_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

The 'purer' you go the better your results, but most people add in small amounts of other things like dairy as part of M&E.

The closest thing we have to a M&E Manifesto is:

M&E isnt a set programme or system as such. Theres a few sort of 'rules' but really we all just tailor it to our own requirements. Adding food back in is usually up to the individual. Some people do M&E for weeks, some for a few days. These are some guidelines for M&E. Pick out what you think might work for you in particular, and dont get too hung up on the rest. Well, except the water thing. very important

* Any meat and eggs, as much as you want, whenever you want it

* You NEED fat. Don't avoid it or you will give yourself protein poisoning. Most of us use coconut oil (usually in BPC, cooking or "fat bombs") and HWC (may not good for you if you have issues with dairy but you could sub in the cashew/almond creme in your coffee) and/or butter, olive oil, lard, suet, tallow and avocado.

* Drink tonnes of water. If you think you've drunk enough, you probably haven't, drink some more!!

* Try to avoid too much salt (either in the meat or on top of your meal) as it can cause a bit of water retention and make you feel bloated with all of the water you are drinking.

* Keep it simple for the first few days and see how you go, then you can try to add in a few extra things like cheese or a few nuts if you'd like.

* You can stay on it from anywhere between a day and a few months if you feel like doing so. You can cycle a couple of days on and a couple of days off. It's very flexible and up to you.

* You might want to consider a couple of supplements ie. multivitamin, magnesium etc.

That's basically it. It is an incredible satisfying WOE and keeps you full for hours and you tend not to want to eat too much after a few days because it knocks your hunger for a six! Nausea can a common side effect of m&e. Generally there are no constipation issues on M&E - the fat works well as a softener and lubricant, and the very large amount of water prevents constipation as well. What I do notice is a reduction in volumme. I assume its because there just is less waste due to the nutrient density of the food supply.

As we are all individuals, YMMV with what works and what doesnt.

Some ideas for those starting out - RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST.....
Old 01-03-2014, 05:42 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/163.6/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: September 26, 2014
Hey guys, today starts my first M/E day! Since I'm still a bit carbed up, I'm sure I can lose my goal of losing 5lbs by next Friday's weigh in.

Today, I'm eating mostly eggs. I have a ton of eggs, and I find that occasionally having all egg days are a great boost for me. I just made an egg cream for breakfast with four eggs, 1 tbsp flax seed oil, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and a little bit of stevia to sweeten with. I use the pure stevia since the actual pure kind does not raise blood sugar. I have eight more eggs I plan on eating through out the day, paired with extra fat if needed.

Off topic.. I find out today what shift I will be working at my new job, as well as my start date! I'm *hoping* I get the shift I want because it will make my life so much easier since I will also be in college full-time too. The shift I want is 7am-5:30pm. If I get that, then I can work my math class around it since my other classes are all online, as well as find some work out classes. But, I haven't joined any work out classes yet since I wasn't sure what kind of schedule I'd be looking at. My shifts are 10 hours, with some Saturdays. Yikes!

I'm kind of happy to be going back to work since I've had a 2 month hiatus. I find I lose weight easier when I'm working since I don't have food constantly on my mind. Of all the places, I will be working in a yogurt factory! Luckily, yogurt doesn't really appeal much to me.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j View Post
Hello, all! I'm going to do M&E for a few days to see how it works for me. For those of you that incorporate cheese in your plan, do you limit your consumption? Is it better to go without completely?
I do include cheese, but try to keep it to a couple of ounces each day.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Iwasmadethisway, you are so busy! Full time school and full time work amazes me.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Could someone fill me in about this thread. Is it mostly a jump in and out thread? Do you all have a weigh in day?