Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hey rural girl, wondered where you was

gurleybee, Im dry at the moment because Im following the whole 30, M&E style, so not dairy, legumes, grain, sugar/sweetner or alcohol.

On the 31st feb, I am making the BIGGEST antipasta platter and opening a nice Pinot Noir.....
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4
WOE: M&E + Wine!
Start Date: October 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
On the 31st feb, I am making the BIGGEST antipasta platter and opening a nice Pinot Noir.....
I haaaaate feeling dry. And TOM is definitely not helping either!
That sounds phenomenal!!! I would love if I could join you in that celebratory glass (although losing 24 lbs is not at all realistic by the 31st... haha). I will live vicariously through you!

I think tomorrow's menu will be this:
B: Coffee with 1 tb of butter and 1 tb coconut oil
L: 2 eggs with 1/2 slice of muenster cheese
D: 2 buffalo baked chicken thighs

(for my reference)
Cal: 1488
Fat: 96.6
Carb: 1.5
Pro: 144.4

Last edited by qurlybee; 01-17-2014 at 10:29 PM..
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:43 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/157/130
I'm joining in! I was off plan yesterday. I went to my cousins last minute, and ended up staying most of the day and left starving. Of course, my step dad treats me to lunch and when you're starving and fighting cravings due to TOM... sigh!

B: 3 eggs in butter, 2 servings HWC in coffee
L: 4oz hamburger cooked in hot sauce, 1 serving refined coconut oil
D: Egg cream w/ 3 eggs and 1 serving flax seed oil

= 1 carb, 124 fat, 74 protein

I've been eating mostly eggs with 2oz of cheese and 2 servings of HWC. I'm taking out the cheese for now. I also started working out again on Thursday since I was given the okay. I had sprained my foot, not bad, just minor. I was at my lowest weigh in at 177lbs yesterday. Hoping to get in the 160's this month! I haven't been able to move the scale much since the end of November/early December due to the holidays off plan eating. Just the same up/down. I just have to refocus my mind, and I'll get back to the swing of things. I have to remind myself to take it a day at a time.

Short term goal is 150lbs! If I can lose 14lbs this month, and next month, then I'd reach my goal by March.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-18-2014 at 04:45 AM..
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
. . .Someone mentioned creamsickles ^^^^, its summer here - such as it is - and I've been making low carb fruitsickles - 4 grapes, 4 blueberries and 4 strawberries on a wodden skewer and frozen. not a lot of fruit or carbs, but feels like a real treat

It was me. Creamsicle jello has been one of my staple foods that has kept me on track the past few weeks of 2014 on low carb. Most of us already know the recipe, but in case anyone is interested you can find the recipe here at this website or read the comments and see some of my pictures here in the lowcarbfriends thread.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Battling a stomach flu today, not fun at all!
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Hope that you get well and are feeling much better really soon!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Okay, so this round of Meat&Eggs is over and it is weigh-in time for me.

I lost 5.8lbs this week (-5.8lbs)

3.2lbs of this loss came from the '72 Atkins + 2x salad (or pickle) experiment I volunteered to be a "guinea pig" for (I started Wednesday, so I haven't been on it very long). Thanks again to Erica, Lil, Mimosa, MtherGoos, qurlybee, suzanneyeah, tash, Terri, and everybody else who got the discussion going and contributed their thougths and feedback about Atkins '72/73 and the inclusion of some type of small portion veggie... I just want to say Thank You!

I am not at my lowest-weight-ever on Low Carb yet, but if this trend continues, I will be there by Monday! Generally, I allow myself one day to indulge and splurge, but I am NOT this weekend... not when I'm so close! I got to keep this going. As wonderful as maple syrup smells and tastes it is not even an iota compared to the aroma of reaching a long-awaited goal and dream (as childish as it may sound).

Thanks for all the support and feedback and even the "dammit NAFs" LOL I know they are sent my way with love. Maybe that should be my alternate alias here "Dammit NAF" LOL Just kidding.

Cheers people!

NAF
Old 01-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
It was me. Creamsicle jello has been one of my staple foods that has kept me on track the past few weeks of 2014 on low carb. Most of us already know the recipe, but in case anyone is interested you can find the recipe here at this website or read the comments and see some of my pictures here in the lowcarbfriends thread.
Whoa, this looks phenomenal. Especially the raspberry variation!

Quote:
Awww. That sucks...
Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Thanks Terri! Are you feeling any better? Feeling well enough to try the "2x small salad/sour pickle" experiment with us, or whating to do that another time?
Little better each day, but certainly not well. I stayed home from work Friday (big deal for me) with hopes of sleeping it off. I've been doing a bit of back sliding due to DH being in charge of meals and thinking I needed treats to make me feel better. Hard to clobber a sweet, well meaning soul. I thought I might start today, but not quite there yet. Hopefully by Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Wow, just got through catching up with all of the posts. Missed you guys! Work deadlines have been crazy, then I was sick, followed by a writer's retreat which I am currently on through Monday. I'm supposed to be writing right now--hey, but this counts, right?

So good to catch up with all of your happenings/weight losses and "meet" the new people. Will try not to be AWOL for so long!

I like Natasha's term for us--M&E family.
Welcome back Amy We missed you!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:

3.2lbs of this loss came from the '72 Atkins + 2x salad (or pickle) experiment I volunteered to be a "guinea pig" for (I started Wednesday, so I haven't been on it very long). Thanks again to Erica, Lil, Mimosa, MtherGoos, qurlybee, suzanneyeah, tash, Terri, and everybody else who got the discussion going and contributed their thougths and feedback about Atkins '72/73 and the inclusion of some type of small portion veggie... I just want to say Thank You!

I am not at my lowest-weight-ever on Low Carb yet, but if this trend continues, I will be there by Monday! Generally, I allow myself one day to indulge and splurge, but I am NOT this weekend... not when I'm so close! I got to keep this going. As wonderful as maple syrup smells and tastes it is not even an iota compared to the aroma of reaching a long-awaited goal and dream (as childish as it may sound).

Thanks for all the support and feedback and even the "dammit NAFs" LOL I know they are sent my way with love. Maybe that should be my alternate alias here "Dammit NAF" LOL Just kidding.

Cheers people!

NAF
Great job Dam NAF
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Quote:
Feel better, soon. Stomach flu sucks. :-(
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Hey y'all!

Making it quick, today--

Firstly, I weighed myself, and found out that it wasn't as bad as I'd originally thought, I thought 200, it came out to 185lbs. We'll see if I make any real progress. Clothes feel still looser today, so I'm losing inches.

Today's menu:

Brunch:
2 cups English Breakfast tea, 2 teaspoon HWC, stevia
4 eggs scrambled in butter

Snack: Cafe Americano with HWC and stevia

Dinner: Steak and Shrimp Scampi

Snack: Chicken Meatballs
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

I don't think I am going to be able to get all my food in today. I'm really full off the coffee and eggs.
-1.8 lbs today (I know I said I wasn't going to weigh but curiosity got the best of me!)
Old 01-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Down another 1.4 today!
-3.2 in 2 days!
I would love if I could be back to my pre-holiday weight by tomorrow, which means another 1.6 today.
I am going to eat the same thing as yesterday - I usually can stomach 1-2 days of the same menu.
That coffee did amazing things for me yesterday! That might become a daily thing.

^^^ I have no idea why I used that many emoticons...

Last edited by qurlybee; 01-19-2014 at 05:48 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Down another 1.4 today!
-3.2 in 2 days!
I would love if I could be back to my pre-holiday weight by tomorrow, which means another 1.6 today.
I am going to eat the same thing as yesterday - I usually can stomach 1-2 days of the same menu.
That coffee did amazing things for me yesterday! That might become a daily thing.

^^^ I have no idea why I used that many emoticons...

Congratulations! That's awesome work! Don't worry, you will be back to that pre-holiday weight in no time!

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 01-19-2014 at 06:20 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/157/130
I did very good yesterday. I ended up changing up my dinner and had some hamburger with some cheese. I'm really liking my morning eggs now without the cheese. I didn't think that I would like it.

I'm having another day of eggs w/ butter, hamburger, and an egg cream for dinner. Back to the gym tomorrow!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #197
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Ok, I am feeling slightly better. I am drinking diet ginger ale. The only time I have soda is when I am sick. Meat grosses me out, but I have been fine with eggs and bacon. I think tomorrow will be fine.
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congratulations! That's awesome work! Don't worry, you will be back to that pre-holiday weight in no time!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Ok, I am feeling slightly better. I am drinking diet ginger ale. The only time I have soda is when I am sick. Meat grosses me out, but I have been fine with eggs and bacon. I think tomorrow will be fine.
It's good that you're starting to get better. One thing I've noticed is that I tend to get huuuuuge carb cravings when I'm sick, probably because of years of being programmed to eat crackers or rice when my stomach is upset.
Meat grosses me out, too. I struggle with eating anything that's not easily digestible.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Good morning my lovelies

Hey Ruralgirl you're back.....we missed you

Have only had a chance to skim over the posts but it seems like everyone is doing really well or they are sick Hope those of you who are sick are getting better and to those of you who are killing it with their losses, go you good things!!!

I'm back to M&E (plus 2 cups of leafy greens) for the next 2 days as I may have enjoyed too many celebratory drinks for my friends birthday over the weekend I need some sorting out

Planned menu today:

B: 2 boiled eggs mashed with a little mayo, coffee with HWC
Sn: Coffee with HWC & CO
L: Cup of lettuce with home-made vinaigrette, cut up boiled egg and some bacon
D: Pork & prawn chinese-style omelette cup of green salad on the side
Sn: (if needed) frozen decaf iced coffee with HWC & stevia
Lots of water
25 mins elliptical trainer, 15 mins HIIT

Happy losing all...see you tomorrow
Old 01-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Thank you!!!

It's good that you're starting to get better. One thing I've noticed is that I tend to get huuuuuge carb cravings when I'm sick, probably because of years of being programmed to eat crackers or rice when my stomach is upset.
Meat grosses me out, too. I struggle with eating anything that's not easily digestible.
I love your new Avatar qurlybee Such an awesome job on your losses, too...well done

Last edited by tashydoll; 01-19-2014 at 03:49 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Cheers people!

NAF
NAF your progress and determination never cease to amaze me...I love being inspired by your posts. Well done to you, yet again
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Morning fellow M&Eers.

Adding my get well soons to the poorly, and my WTGs on the dammit people

My weekend was a complete wash. I didnt drink alcohol, eat carbage, junk paleo or anything, but I gained all the weight I lost last weekend. Im assuming its some water thing, but still, *wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I need a Wammmmmmmmbulance*

So just keep chugging along I guess. 10 days to go on the dairy free, Im not as craving for cheese as I was, but i am still definatly interested.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Diet ginger ale is a life-saver...have you ever tried ginger tablets for an upset stomach they are very good, too? Feel better
Old 01-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

hello tashy, not often you're on at the same time as me. How goes the heat in Oz? my sister lives in melbourne, and pretty much every facebook update this week has been a weather report.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
Hey y'all!

Making it quick, today--

Firstly, I weighed myself, and found out that it wasn't as bad as I'd originally thought, I thought 200, it came out to 185lbs. We'll see if I make any real progress. Clothes feel still looser today, so I'm losing inches.

Today's menu:

Brunch:
2 cups English Breakfast tea, 2 teaspoon HWC, stevia
4 eggs scrambled in butter

Snack: Cafe Americano with HWC and stevia

Dinner: Steak and Shrimp Scampi

Snack: Chicken Meatballs
Erica that is amazing....nothing like being wrong about your weight and it being 15lbs in your favour!!!! Seems like M&E is doing good things to you...well done
Old 01-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hello tashy, not often you're on at the same time as me. How goes the heat in Oz? my sister lives in melbourne, and pretty much every facebook update this week has been a weather report.
Hello lovely Yup, the heat is sucking it big time!! Is only just before 10am here at the moment so it hasn't really kicked in yet...luckily I have fully ducted airconditioning in our house so I can escape it quite easily. We had at 45C day the other day (that's 113F for our US friends) and people and animals were actually dying...not good Yes, I believe our friends in the south are copping it at the moment and a few more months of it left to go yet. What's the weather doing in NZ at the moment?

P.S your wahhhhmbulence comment cracked me up
Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

I live down the bottom of the south island so we've had the opposite. I've lit the fire 3 times in the last 2 weeks Today we are expecting a high of 24. This when our normal summer temps are 35+. Its just about 1pm and the sun is nice, but the breeze is a bit chilly.

What can I say about my wahmbulance...I am a hollywood
Old 01-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
I love your new Avatar qurlybee Such an awesome job on your losses, too...well done
Thanks!!

Quote:
*wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I need a Wammmmmmmmbulance*
Awwwww. I'm sorry
Although "wahmbulance" made me smile.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

dont be sorry, I just need to accept some days the scales make me smile and somedays they dont.

Im only in weight loss mode for vanities sake
Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I live down the bottom of the south island so we've had the opposite. I've lit the fire 3 times in the last 2 weeks Today we are expecting a high of 24. This when our normal summer temps are 35+. Its just about 1pm and the sun is nice, but the breeze is a bit chilly.

What can I say about my wahmbulance...I am a hollywood
God, that's weird that your temps are so low when they are normal up in the 30's...although a little chilly breeze right now is sounding mighty fine