Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
NWA, you're on a roll, I wouldn't rock the boat if it were me! LOL. When something is working, I say keep on doing it.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
I'm back! I couldn't stay away... lol.
Congrats to everyone on their losses!

I found that when I fasted, my cravings disappeared so I fasted today from maybe about 7 last night, and I am about to eat dinner now. Having crab legs with some kerrygold butter

I didn't end up picking up the pickles, but I will on my next grocery trip. Thanks for trying it out NWA!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
I did end up having the cup of coffee. I'm sure any damage that may have been done by it will be flushed away by tomorrow morning...literally.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Okay, so I decided to be the guinea pig with is Atkins '72/Meat&Egg + pickle thing.

During the past 48 hours I have lost 2.7lbs.

For the past 2 days all I have eaten is:
-hamburgers (2 per meal) and dip them in mustard, honey mustard, or mayo
-Lime sugar free jello (my go to snack treat)
-plain water or arizona lemon iced tea stix water
-no more than 2 dill kosher pickles a day

I have done no cardio at all this week aside from the everyday walking at my job and around the house.

I'm debating on having a cup of coffee+HWC+Truvia.... I don't want it to add the slightest .1 of weight on me... so close to an all time lowest weight on this WOE (hope to be there by Sunday). Should I enjoy 1 cup or shouldn't I?
GRRLLL, You Rawk! 2.7 pounds is AWESOME!
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

I'm a guy.... just sayin'.... got the whole testosterone thing going on here and everything ...but thanks. Hope you are enjoying the thread; I enjoy your posts very much. You are a great addition to the thread/our group!

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 01-16-2014 at 05:41 PM..
Old 01-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm a guy.... just sayin'.... got the whole testosterone thing going on here and everything ...but thanks. Hope you are enjoying the thread; I enjoy your posts very much. You are a great addition to the thread/our group!
Ooops, sorry, reflex! DUDE, you RAWK!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Hahahaha!!! Erica and NAF that was such a funny exchange between you two...almost made me snort coffee out of my nose

P.S NAF, way to go on the loss! Awesome work mate...see I knew you were a dude!!

Last edited by tashydoll; 01-16-2014 at 06:44 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post

I found that when I fasted, my cravings disappeared so I fasted today from maybe about 7 last night, and I am about to eat dinner now. Having crab legs with some kerrygold butter

I didn't end up picking up the pickles, but I will on my next grocery trip. Thanks for trying it out NWA!
Yaaaaay, welcome back!

Ok, I've lost another 0.5lb so that's not too bad considering I had the salads in with my daily M&E. I'm going back onto my normal WOE (Primal) for a few days and then will do some more M&E next week. Will still lurk around to see how you are all going though
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Yaaaaay, welcome back!

Ok, I've lost another 0.5lb so that's not too bad considering I had the salads in with my daily M&E. I'm going back onto my normal WOE (Primal) for a few days and then will do some more M&E next week. Will still lurk around to see how you are all going though
Hey Quirlybee! Good to see you back here!

Tashy! You are Rawkin' it!

I have no idea how much I've lost, (I'm buying a scale tomorrow) but my clothes fit MUCH better. Stickin' with it.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hahahaha!!! Erica and NAF that was such a funny exchange between you two...almost made me snort coffee out of my nose

P.S NAF, way to go on the loss! Awesome work mate...see I knew you were a dude!!
It's just the veggie deprivation!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Okay, so I decided to be the guinea pig with is Atkins '72/Meat&Egg + pickle thing.

During the past 48 hours I have lost 2.7lbs.

For the past 2 days all I have eaten is:
-hamburgers (2 per meal) and dip them in mustard, honey mustard, or mayo
-Lime sugar free jello (my go to snack treat)
-plain water or arizona lemon iced tea stix water
-no more than 2 dill kosher pickles a day

I have done no cardio at all this week aside from the everyday walking at my job and around the house.

I'm debating on having a cup of coffee+HWC+Truvia.... I don't want it to add the slightest .1 of weight on me... so close to an all time lowest weight on this WOE (hope to be there by Sunday). Should I enjoy 1 cup or shouldn't I?
Way to go NAF, great to have your company on our guinea pig hunt. Had you not already decided, I would have said you have 4t to play with, go for it!

Quote:

Yey qurlybee, welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
Ooops, sorry, reflex! DUDE, you RAWK!!!
Erica - NAF, resident all man. NAF - Erica, one of our newest breaths of fresh air.

Quote:
Yaaaaay, welcome back!

Great job Natasha!! I'm just biting my nails to jump in Dr. says this may hang on for a couple weeks. I carry my spear of Zinc ready to defeat!! I will overcome
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

To Lil, suzanneyeah, tash, Terri, and anyone else who has known/used/or contributed to the discussion of Atkins '72/73 and the inclusion of some type of small portion veggie... I just want to say

I've lost 3.2lbs in the past 48hrs. I hope against hope that when I weigh tomorrow, I will be at the all time lowest weight.

That one dill pickle (or small salad for others) during a meal does make all the difference sometimes doesn't it? Makes it more tolerable...enjoyable....satisfying... [insert the adjective you would use here]... I even found myself with a smile when I said "time to eat your next meal!"

Anyway, hope all is well. And for those wanting to do the "2-3 day '72 + 2x salad/pickle" experiment, I say go for it! From my understanding, so far everyone who has recorded results is still losing. Kudos to us all!

Cheers!

NAF

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 01-17-2014 at 04:18 AM..
Old 01-17-2014, 04:20 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
NAF, do you eat a certain amount of hamburger meat, I mean to ask how many oz is that? Burger patties can be different in weight... Also, do you eat 3 meals a day?

Very interesting experiment! I will be following how you do, and will keep my fingers crossed for more weightloss for you!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
NAF, do you eat a certain amount of hamburger meat, I mean to ask how many oz is that? Burger patties can be different in weight... Also, do you eat 3 meals a day?

Very interesting experiment! I will be following how you do, and will keep my fingers crossed for more weightloss for you!

I eat the preportioned hamburger/ground beef patties from my local grocery store OR those premade/preportioned frozen patties from Walmart. I'm guessing they are around 3-4oz a pattie.

I eat 2 at a meal (sometimes I can finish both, sometimes not). I have 4 meals a day. I'm not one for breakfast (not during the work week, but I eat a little something, even if it's just a scrambled egg or few spoonfuls of jello; yes, yes, I can hear the "yucks" being screamed at the monitor.. but "to each his own" right? Lunch this week has been the 2x hamburger patties and 1 dill pickle with mustard and mayo for dipping/fat intake.... and so has dinner (2 hamburger patties and 1 dill pickle with mustard and mayo for dipping/fat intake). My 4th meal is a snack... usually the jello (the creamsicle recipe kind). For me, there's something about jello; the more of it I eat during the course of the week the better my losses. And enough water to make Noah and the Ark jealous. That's pretty much it.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 01-17-2014 at 04:55 AM..
Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did end up having the cup of coffee. I'm sure any damage that may have been done by it will be flushed away by tomorrow morning...literally.
I was right. I was 1.6lbs lighter this morning than I was 24hrs ago.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:58 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Thanks! Maybe the jello helps because of the goodness of gelatin? I find drinking bone broth helps me... Same thing, gelatin!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for welcoming me back, everyone! I'm not going to weigh for another few days because of TOM but I will keep posting menus and such and hopefully will have a great report by midweek next week!

Quote:
I've lost 3.2lbs in the past 48hrs. I hope against hope that when I weigh tomorrow, I will be at the all time lowest weight.

That one dill pickle (or small salad for others) during a meal does make all the difference sometimes doesn't it? Makes it more tolerable...enjoyable....satisfying... [insert the adjective you would use here]... I even found myself with a smile when I said "time to eat your next meal!"
Wow - this is awesome! And I am definitely looking forward to my next grocery trip. I loooooooove pickles!!!

I ended up drinking a glass of pinot noir last night, which is totally off limits, but I like that it helps me sleep. I don't know if I can give up my beloved pinot yet. Obviously I won't lose as fast, but I think M&E + wine for a longer period of time is fine with me. The goal is to lose 17 on this WOE before I head into maintenance (although this WOE may be my maintenance since I really enjoy it!). Hopefully I will still be welcomed here even with my winey ways.

Today's menu:
B: Lobster salad (random, I know, but there was a seafood sale at my grocery store yesterday and I cleaned house)
L: Still full from breakfast so I don't think I'll eat

I'm not sure about dinner yet. I am so tired from being sick that I think I might just go home after work and pass out (after some wine probably...)!
If not, I will probably make either a burger or some chicken thighs.

Also, I have noticed that I've been drinking more water than usual. I'm a few cups shy of a gallon now, when I'm usually only halfway there at this time of day. I don't know if I should continue to drink after the gallon, though. I've always stopped myself at a gallon. Thoughts?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
To Lil, suzanneyeah, tash, Terri, and anyone else who has known/used/or contributed to the discussion of Atkins '72/73 and the inclusion of some type of small portion veggie... I just want to say

Anyway, hope all is well. And for those wanting to do the "2-3 day '72 + 2x salad/pickle" experiment, I say go for it! From my understanding, so far everyone who has recorded results is still losing. Kudos to us all!

Cheers!

NAF
NAF
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
NAF
Thanks Terri! Are you feeling any better? Feeling well enough to try the "2x small salad/sour pickle" experiment with us, or whating to do that another time?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Cheers!

NAF
Hey, NAF-- you're an inspiration, congrats on some serious progress!
I may try it after I feel like I'm making some really steady progress with M&E.
I did '72, back in 2009 with good results, only to backslide (carb creep) later.
So, maybe I'll give it another shot.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for welcoming me back, everyone! I'm not going to weigh for another few days because of TOM but I will keep posting menus and such and hopefully will have a great report by midweek next week!

Wow - this is awesome! And I am definitely looking forward to my next grocery trip. I loooooooove pickles!!!

I ended up drinking a glass of pinot noir last night, which is totally off limits, but I like that it helps me sleep. I don't know if I can give up my beloved pinot yet. Obviously I won't lose as fast, but I think M&E + wine for a longer period of time is fine with me. The goal is to lose 17 on this WOE before I head into maintenance (although this WOE may be my maintenance since I really enjoy it!). Hopefully I will still be welcomed here even with my winey ways.

Today's menu:
B: Lobster salad (random, I know, but there was a seafood sale at my grocery store yesterday and I cleaned house)
L: Still full from breakfast so I don't think I'll eat

I'm not sure about dinner yet. I am so tired from being sick that I think I might just go home after work and pass out (after some wine probably...)!
If not, I will probably make either a burger or some chicken thighs.

Also, I have noticed that I've been drinking more water than usual. I'm a few cups shy of a gallon now, when I'm usually only halfway there at this time of day. I don't know if I should continue to drink after the gallon, though. I've always stopped myself at a gallon. Thoughts?

Lobster salad!!!! Recipe please?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Update for today: For the first time in years, I now have a scale, and will start tracking progress.

Clothes fit better than ever. Having pork steak *again* tonight, but making it a surf & turf with shrimp scampi as a side dish.

Tip of the day, ground chicken mixed with ground spicy pork rinds (no sugar) make the most delectable little meatballs, but they are also an awesome sub for sausage when making Scotch eggs. YUMMY! We need a drool icon!

Everybody here seems to be ON FIRE! We all totally rawk!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey, NAF-- you're an inspiration, congrats on some serious progress!
I may try it after I feel like I'm making some really steady progress with M&E.
I did '72, back in 2009 with good results, only to backslide (carb creep) later.
So, maybe I'll give it another shot.
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lobster salad!!!! Recipe please?
No real recipe, unfortunately.
I used 4- 4oz lobster tails that I boiled and diced them up, squirted on maybe a tablespoon of lemon juice, and mixed in a few tablespoons of mayo. I added some pepper, too.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No real recipe, unfortunately.
I used 4- 4oz lobster tails that I boiled and diced them up, squirted on maybe a tablespoon of lemon juice, and mixed in a few tablespoons of mayo. I added some pepper, too.

I may be having that with my surf and turf, tonight. I've a yen for pampering!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
been a bit awol - lots of exams and tests for school, but the end is nigh....until the next batch.

Anyhoo:

Dammit NAF, everytime I think Im doing well, you SURPASS everything! WTG!

Really good to hear the results of peoples expereiments with the wee salad or pickles. Ive been making my salad a once a day thing with dinner. So far its been half a cup of lettuce, and the the other half made up of tomato, avocado, olives and/or thin slices of pickle. I cant quite bring myself to eat a whole pickle, but a few slices seems to be fulfilling my pickle desires

I noticed there is an actual atkins 72 forum, so I had a look. Not much action but there is a 58 page sticky thread. I read most of it - skimmed the last few pages. It started with the basic A72 stuff, then a lady called Cheryl came on and discussed her version of it that her doctor wrote up for her. She lost a craptonne of weight but put it back on. Unfortunatly I cant find out if she ever lost it again or fell by the wayside. theres a lot of reference back to another 'diet' going on at the time that is essentially meat and egg but with less fat that we have. I gather from reserch I did that this low fat M&E made a lot of people very sick, so a reminder to us all to make sure we keep adequate fat while doing this!

I'm doing M&E mon-fri because its a bit hard to control on the weekend at the moment. Im also doing intermittant fasting M-F but thats because I get up early and cant be bothered cooking, so I wait until I get home between 10-11am.

Someone mentioned creamsickles ^^^^, its summer here - such as it is - and I've been making low carb fruitsickles - 4 grapes, 4 blueberries and 4 strawberries on a wodden skewer and frozen. not a lot of fruit or carbs, but feels like a real treat
Old 01-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
been a bit awol - lots of exams and tests for school, but the end is nigh....until the next batch.

Anyhoo:

Dammit NAF, everytime I think Im doing well, you SURPASS everything! WTG!

Really good to hear the results of peoples expereiments with the wee salad or pickles. Ive been making my salad a once a day thing with dinner. So far its been half a cup of lettuce, and the the other half made up of tomato, avocado, olives and/or thin slices of pickle. I cant quite bring myself to eat a whole pickle, but a few slices seems to be fulfilling my pickle desires

I noticed there is an actual atkins 72 forum, so I had a look. Not much action but there is a 58 page sticky thread. I read most of it - skimmed the last few pages. It started with the basic A72 stuff, then a lady called Cheryl came on and discussed her version of it that her doctor wrote up for her. She lost a craptonne of weight but put it back on. Unfortunatly I cant find out if she ever lost it again or fell by the wayside. theres a lot of reference back to another 'diet' going on at the time that is essentially meat and egg but with less fat that we have. I gather from reserch I did that this low fat M&E made a lot of people very sick, so a reminder to us all to make sure we keep adequate fat while doing this!

I'm doing M&E mon-fri because its a bit hard to control on the weekend at the moment. Im also doing intermittant fasting M-F but thats because I get up early and cant be bothered cooking, so I wait until I get home between 10-11am.

Someone mentioned creamsickles ^^^^, its summer here - such as it is - and I've been making low carb fruitsickles - 4 grapes, 4 blueberries and 4 strawberries on a wodden skewer and frozen. not a lot of fruit or carbs, but feels like a real treat
I know Cheryl-- she is AWESOME. 72' is very useful, and I think of it as "before the Atkins Diet became politically correct." Counting carbs, not Net Carbs. It does work. :-)
Old 01-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I may be having that with my surf and turf, tonight. I've a yen for pampering!
Sounds fantastic!
Now I need to go out and get a steak!
Old 01-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

It looks like I'll be going back on what I said earlier about drinking wine for a while.
Being sick really dehydrated me and now I am PARCHED after that glass, so much so that my dry mouth is keeping me awake (the exact opposite of what I wanted). I think I need to let my body sort of "level off" in terms of hydration before I start drinking again, especially since I release a lot of water on vlc.
I am going to commit to a dry (haha!) M&E until I lose the 17 lbs and then transition into induction with the phase 2 allowance of wine, which I believe will be my permanent WOE.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Wow, just got through catching up with all of the posts. Missed you guys! Work deadlines have been crazy, then I was sick, followed by a writer's retreat which I am currently on through Monday. I'm supposed to be writing right now--hey, but this counts, right?

So good to catch up with all of your happenings/weight losses and "meet" the new people. Will try not to be AWOL for so long!

I like Natasha's term for us--M&E family.
Aruralgirl is online now   Reply With Quote