Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Hi Amy I always find when I am hungry (really hungry) then I need to up my fat intake and drop down on my carbs a bit. For me personally if I up my protein it satisfies my hunger but causes me to gain weight, whereas if I up my fat then I'm satisfied without gaining

Might be a bit of trial and error for you to find the balance that works but the whole 'hunger' thing is a pain...I've been really hungry lately too. I think it's just too many simple carbohydrates (usually from fruit, veggies, or too many Primal treats ) and my hunger gets triggered. When I knock that on the head and get my percentage balance right then I usually find my hunger pegs off a bit. Best of luck m'dear, let us know how you go

Last edited by tashydoll; 02-26-2014 at 06:45 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hello Sweetness
I have been having eggs and bacon primarily for breakfast, leftover meat or tuna with must & mayo and green olives for lunch and meat and lettuce with regular dressing for dinner. I do have a 1oz of hard cheese here and there, mostly for snacks, but if my weight seems to stall I back off on that and things seem to get going again. I tried some tomatoes with my lettuce and cole shaw that had carrots in it over the weekend and that stalled me too. So Iím back to basics only using cheese as an occasional treat, meat, eggs, lettuce and green olives. I do use the 4t HWC in my coffee too.

Good luck! Happy to have you on the í72 bench with me.
Thank you chickadee! I'll be doing a similar menu myself. It's really close to just normal M&E for me with the addition of the small green salads. I will probably steer clear of cheese for the week as it is a MAJOR staller for me and I want to try it as clean as possible. I've been stalking around reading on the '72 thread also, so might drop in there to introduce myself
Old 02-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
*deleted*

Last edited by qurlybee; 02-26-2014 at 07:12 PM..
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I used to IF from 10-6 everyday and it worked quite well and it also taught me what real hunger was as opposed to its 8 am I should be eating breakfast etc.. if that makes sense?
That makes perfect sense! I did 9:30-3:30ish today. I had planned to eat longer obviously, but I finished my food and haven't been hungry since, although I ate a lot of weird foods today: sunflower seeds (oops!), hot wings, and a baconator without the bun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I used Milk if Magnesia in the past to get things going, I did Stillmans for 2 months so I had virtually no fiber... Some people recommend senna leaf tea (it has a few names but thats the main ingredient) but it gave me really bad cramps, like wake up at 3am in the fetal position bad if you don't wanna take any sort of laxative maybe just have some fiber one day? I know for me though that would just make me bloat and uncomfortable for a day before the fiber took effect... Sorry if that was TMI and hopefully thats what you meant by "go" otherwise oops
Definitely NOT TMI! I have senna tea but it never seems to work unless I am also using another fiber product. It also makes me bloat, but I don't know. I'm sort of afraid of literally being full of crap...

Quote:
I ran out one day and the Health Food was also out, so they recommended Triphala. I like it a lot better. It seems to just make you system work right KWIM?
Oooh! I may try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
qurlybee, awesome new avatar!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
I seem to have gained about 3lbs due to unexplained, excessive hunger but am on top of it this morning and the lovely Terri has inspired me to try out Atkins '72 for the next week or so. How could I not want to try it after reading her fantastic loss...WTG girl!
Thanks so much for the compliments, Tashy! And yes, update yours! I'm curious about all of you lovely people with your non-face avis
I actually was really ravenous this morning for some off reason, and I hope I won't see too much of a gain. I feel like I ate way too much. If it happens again, I may be joining you guys on '72!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
My question to everybody is, so if you're really hungry--not talking cravings here, I'm talking really hungry--do you ignore it or do you eat a little something to satisfy hunger? More protein? More fat?

Thanks in advance for your answers, fam! You're the best!

Amy

BTW, QB, you're really rockin' that new avatar!
When I get that hungry and I actually have food around (I'm usually unprepared when this happens unfortunately...), I go with whatever I am craving (even though I know that's the opposite of what you're saying). For instance, I was starving and randomly started wanting potatoes. I looked up potato cravings and something came up about them being related to calcium. I realized I hadn't had any dairy that week and whipped up some cheesecake pudding. Fixed it right up.
I think my hunger does, more often than not, mean I need more fat, but it's not always the case.
And thank you!

My journal: 60 Days to Goal!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Qurlybee if you click on my avatar there is a pic of me in my profile

Last edited by tashydoll; 02-26-2014 at 07:45 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Thing is lately I have been so HUNGRY!!! Not sure what's up with that. My question to everybody is, so if you're really hungry--not talking cravings here, I'm talking really hungry--do you ignore it or do you eat a little something to satisfy hunger? More protein? More fat?

Thanks in advance for your answers, fam! You're the best!

Amy

BTW, QB, you're really rockin' that new avatar!
Hi Amy,
Itís fat for me too. Iíve tried protein & fat and lettuce & fat and I think I get a bigger bang for my buck with the lettuce and I donít overdo the protein as much. Avocado works pretty good and my all time favorite is SF Whip Cream, but I have to be careful as thatís so easy to go overboard on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
When I get that hungry and I actually have food around (I'm usually unprepared when this happens unfortunately...), I go with whatever I am craving (even though I know that's the opposite of what you're saying). For instance, I was starving and randomly started wanting potatoes. I looked up potato cravings and something came up about them being related to calcium. I realized I hadn't had any dairy that week and whipped up some cheesecake pudding. Fixed it right up.
I think my hunger does, more often than not, mean I need more fat, but it's not always the case.
And thank you!
Now thatís an interesting concept. I looked up chocolate cravings (oh yeah chocoholic here) and I came up with ďBecause chocolate cravings may be influenced by a deficiency in magnesium, that this may be why some experience an increase in chocolate cravings during PMSĒ. Thatís totally when those chocolate cravings kick in. Iím going to have to experiment next time.

Quote:
Okay how fast did you all click on her Avi? I just knew youíd be beautiful Tash, inside & out!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Awwwwww Terri you made me blush! Thank you, that was a very nice thing to hear
Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Weight: back up to 137.8, which I think might have something to do with those sunflower seeds, but I think might also be because I got a cold overnight.
I tend to gain when I'm sick, so I won't weigh again until I am better (hopefully in a couple of days).
I am focusing on drinking loads of fluids today to try and beat this before it really sets in since I have a really jam-packed weekend. I am one of those people that still believes in "feed a fever; starve a cold."
Any tips for beating a cold on M&E?

Quote:
Omg! You're so pretty!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Weight: back up to 137.8, which I think might have something to do with those sunflower seeds, but I think might also be because I got a cold overnight.
I tend to gain when I'm sick, so I won't weigh again until I am better (hopefully in a couple of days).
I am focusing on drinking loads of fluids today to try and beat this before it really sets in since I have a really jam-packed weekend. I am one of those people that still believes in "feed a fever; starve a cold."

Omg! You're so pretty!!!
Sorry QB this has been a wicked year for that around here too. My miracles are Vit D and Zycam. When I'm sick I'll take 5000 mg Vit D every couple hours and I use the spray Zycam to the back of the throat, the sooner the better. Hope you feel better!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sorry QB this has been a wicked year for that around here too. My miracles are Vit D and Zycam. When I'm sick I'll take 5000 mg Vit D every couple hours and I use the spray Zycam to the back of the throat, the sooner the better. Hope you feel better!
Thanks, Terri!
I, of course, have none of those supplies because I fail.
And I'm usually repulsed by food when sick but for some reason, I got EXTREMELY hungry, so I guess I will be doing an inadvertent fat fast. All I have at work today are macadamia nuts.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't limit yourself too much QB. Getting well to lose another day is more important than a couple ounces lost and getting real sick.

How about do you have any bouillon cubes? Maybe you could slip out at lunch to pick up a few things? If you do maybe cottage cheese and/or sliced ham wouldn't be bad choices.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
That makes perfect sense! I did 9:30-3:30ish today. I had planned to eat longer obviously, but I finished my food and haven't been hungry since, although I ate a lot of weird foods today: sunflower seeds (oops!), hot wings, and a baconator without the bun.

Definitely NOT TMI! I have senna tea but it never seems to work unless I am also using another fiber product. It also makes me bloat, but I don't know. I'm sort of afraid of literally being full of crap..
I had some pumpkin seeds last night and a few veggies... as far as cheats go I don't think thats too bad. I was still down a lb this morning so thats good cuz I had stayed the same the day before.

"I'm sort of afraid of literally being full of crap..." That literally made me laugh out loud! Butt yes I have the same fear, like I used to get really paranoid about it because the bad stuff is supposed to come out and it wasn't so I started to feel like I was filling with toxins... this isn't true (or I don't know if it is) but its how I felt.

I read this from Stillmans and that made me feel a bit better:
This diet has practically no residue (fiber).Therefore it is likely
that you may not have a bowel movement for a few days, although
not necessarily so. In any case don't be alarmed by any such lack.
[note: extra vitamin C or milk of magnesia is helpful in some cases]

There was more written in the book about how its harder mentally not to go all the time but its ok physically.. I am not sure where to find it right now though
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Omg! You're so pretty!!!
Thank you Qurlybee

That's not good that you are feeling unwell, you poor thing I know it sounds really old school but I find homemade chicken or beef soup really helps me feel better when I'm unwell. It keeps fluid into you and it also gives you some nutrients if you get to the point when you are not feeling like eating, it's also 'on plan' for M&E. I always give mine a good dose of cut up fresh garlic and chillies (which will also sort out your other 'issues' if you know what I mean! ) But mostly bed rest if you can....the best thing for any ailment is generally sleep Multivamins, magnesium and vitamin C & echinacea can't hurt either.

I agree with Terri, don't push yourself too hard at this point...try to focus your energy on getting better and then you can get back into it when you are all better.

Hope you start improving QB

Last edited by tashydoll; 02-27-2014 at 01:53 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mar922 nice to have you here
Old 02-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hi, people!

With today being the last day of February, I thought I would post my updates as a means to hold myself accountable,and motivate myself and others in their LC efforts.

I am proud to say that this week I lost 1.4lbs. I was bad this week... went out to eat 3 days this week. No doubt my losses would have been better had I behaved. Thank goodness for Bullet Proof Coffee being so filling.

Summary for February
I lost 5.8lbs this month!
So far this year (January and February) I have lost 19.8lbs
I received 7 compliments from others/family/co-workers commenting on my weight-loss
Most importantly I have been able to MAINTAIN and stay in Twoderville!!

Here's hoping we all find success in March!

Cheers!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
i always follow a no sugar rule when i have a cold, which really helps. but you're not eating sugar already. in this case, i'd definitely steer clear of mucous forming foods, like dairy, for instance.

it does seem to me, though, that colds usually take their good ol' time ending, no matter what you do. the severity is what you probably can help, not the length.

get well, soon.

(i'm a lurker, who occasionally dips into M & E when i want a whoosh. )
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I do a lot of bone broth, I already take a ton of supplements. If a sore throat is involved, I mix honey and cayenne pepper togther and take every few hours.

I havent had a cold for a while but I guess it'll come
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Good morning my preciouses (yes, I know that's not a word!) I started a new thread for us to celebrate the fact that Spring has sprung on your side of the world...Autumn is here for us Southerners

Here it is.... Spring into M&E!

Happy losing to my lovely family x
Old 03-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Hey y'all. I have missed everyone, here!

I've had a lot of major stuff to deal with, but am back for the duration.

Still sticking to Meat & Egg, seriously debating adding salad, but not there yet. Adding serious walking to my "plan".

Hope everyone's okay, will be back to read through the thread for recipes. :-)
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erica!!
We missed you too, happy to see you back!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Erica!!
We missed you too, happy to see you back!
Howdy!!!! Any more recipes?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What ya looking for?
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What ya looking for?
Well, I've been living on those Chicken meatballs, and today I made cinnamon/chili wings, and bacon deviled eggs.

I have no idea. I've gotten in such a rut that any kind of meat or egg thing that's different would be a treat!

Kinda bored, here, but seeing progress, so that's a plus. :-)
Old 03-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay serching................

do you do cheese?
Old 03-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Terrified Heroin Wings
1 cup+ grated parmesan/romano cheese (in a can)
2 t. paprika
1 T each of dried parsley, oregano, and basil
1 t garlic powder
1t chili powder
1t onion powder
Mix above in plastic bag

Dip raw wings in melted butter and garlic olive oil blend, than coat with dry mixture.
Bake on FOIL LINED cookie sheet for 45 min's to an hour at 350.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)
3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6@ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per
Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free
Old 03-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Floopsies
3 large eggs
1/3 cup mayo
Dash salt (didn't make the mayo salty enough)
Other spices/herbs

Blend in magic bullet for 1 minute.

Pour into greased muffin top tins and bake for 20 minutes at 350.

YUMMO

One blender got fresh garlic and the other side didn't.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hollandaise sauce.
SUPER easy and made in a blender.

3 egg yolks, 1 cup butter, 1-2 tblsp lemon juice, salt to taste. Make sure you blend all but the butter first, then add the butter (melted) slowly and the sauce will thicken
Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Give me an idea of what you're leaning towards if this doesn't hit the spot.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
cottage cheese is one of the highest protein content per calorie.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote