Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4/6
WOE: Low Carb Vegan
Start Date: September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hey Naf & qurlybee! And all! Congrats to N & QB for the good losses! I'll be fixing my stats in a few days, near my next weigh in, working on it anyways, lol. Proud of you all and so glad to be back here with the "family". Hugs and have a lovely weekend. Mae
Thanks so much, Mae!

Weight: 139.4!
B: Ice cream (this might become daily... lol)
L: Leftover chuck roast
D: Teriyaki chicken wings

I love that M&E helps me lose so well, but I'm frustrated because I feel like it's not sustainable! I don't know if I will ever eat another egg again after my first round.
I wish there was a way to add in veggies and lose at the same/similar rate. *sigh* I know I'm asking for too much!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Thanks so much, Mae!

Weight: 139.4!
B: Ice cream (this might become daily... lol)
L: Leftover chuck roast
D: Teriyaki chicken wings

I love that M&E helps me lose so well, but I'm frustrated because I feel like it's not sustainable! I don't know if I will ever eat another egg again after my first round.
I wish there was a way to add in veggies and lose at the same/similar rate. *sigh* I know I'm asking for too much!
Some of us have been able to add a few veggies in our meals and still lose. I know for a brief time, tashy and Terri were doing/incorporating Atkins '72 in their woe and did well. I myself have a meatball stew that I occasionally eat (def not an everyday meal) but it has allowed me to get in veggies. And of course I still do my 1 or 2 dill pickles every other day. You may want to test and see what could work for you after you reach your next mini-goal (you`re so close! )
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Right on cue family, I was just checking in.

For the last six days I have done Atkins '72 induction by the book and I am down 5#

My menu this week has typically been:

B – 2 cups of coffee, each with 2t HWC. Then since I’ve been off scrambled eggs, I’ve had a deviled egg salad with bacon on the side, BLT with lettuse instead of bread, or tuna salad
L-Leftover meat from dinner usually with mustard mayo dipping sauce and a dozen or so green olives, maybe an oz or so of sharp cheddar.
D – Fatty Steak, Ground Beef or Dark Chicken with skin with Lettuce and full fat Dressing, usually Blue Cheese or Caesar.
S – If I need snack I’ll have some more olives or meat with mayo

Nice going NAF & QB!!!

Hi & to the rest of the family!!

Last edited by TerriMM; 02-23-2014 at 09:26 AM..
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
I so agree Mar! My kids are off at least one day of the weekend so we try to eat bruncheon or somehting together, so a day I often allow myself bread within reason, lol. Glad you're here. You can do it! Rooting for ya.
I had a few pringles last night but normally I eat a lot of chips so I am happy I only had a few! I lost 1 lb yesterday so I think thats still pretty good.

Normally when I do Stills I can lose about 1 lb a day so I am staying at that even with the pringles and some suspected non diet pop when I went out, I asked for diet but it didn't taste diet..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

When I did stillmans I once lost 10 lbs in one week.. I had been doing stills for a while at that time and then had a binge week so a lot of that must have been water weight gained and lost.

On average I lost about 5 lbs a week until I got closer to goal... Now that I am doing M & E, it has more fat, so what is he average ppl lose a week on M & E?
Old 02-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Last post! (for now)

I like to make myself an ice cream with just whip cream and sugar free syrup.. is that allowed? I like to get my sweets so I have to find a way to get them.

I thought I say someone mention ice cream so that got me thinking... I haven't read all the posts yet, so I am sorry if someone mentioned it already.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Great job on the weight loss NAF, Qurlybee, and Terri!! You guys are doing great!

Lizzie and Mar!

to my M&E fam!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Some of us have been able to add a few veggies in our meals and still lose. I know for a brief time, tashy and Terri were doing/incorporating Atkins '72 in their woe and did well. I myself have a meatball stew that I occasionally eat (def not an everyday meal) but it has allowed me to get in veggies. And of course I still do my 1 or 2 dill pickles every other day. You may want to test and see what could work for you after you reach your next mini-goal (you`re so close! )
I think my issue is the kind of veggies that I want to eat cause a lot of gas, which I think might be leading to water retention. I just really, really, really love brussels sprouts and broccoli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post

For the last six days I have done Atkins '72 induction by the book and I am down 5#

My menu this week has typically been:

B – 2 cups of coffee, each with 2t HWC. Then since I’ve been off scrambled eggs, I’ve had a deviled egg salad with bacon on the side, BLT with lettuse instead of bread, or tuna salad
L-Leftover meat from dinner usually with mustard mayo dipping sauce and a dozen or so green olives, maybe an oz or so of sharp cheddar.
D – Fatty Steak, Ground Beef or Dark Chicken with skin with Lettuce and full fat Dressing, usually Blue Cheese or Caesar.
S – If I need snack I’ll have some more olives or meat with mayo

Nice going NAF & QB!!!

Hi & to the rest of the family!!
Great job, Terri! I may try that after I get to 135!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Great job on the weight loss NAF, Qurlybee, and Terri!! You guys are doing great!

Lizzie and Mar!

to my M&E fam!
Thank you!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Awesome job, Terri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had a few pringles last night but normally I eat a lot of chips so I am happy I only had a few! I lost 1 lb yesterday so I think thats still pretty good.
Nice! It is always nice to 'live a little' with the occasional splurge and still be able to lose in this WOE.

Quote:
When I did stillmans I once lost 10 lbs in one week.. I had been doing stills for a while at that time and then had a binge week so a lot of that must have been water weight gained and lost.

On average I lost about 5 lbs a week until I got closer to goal... Now that I am doing M & E, it has more fat, so what is he average ppl lose a week on M & E?

Like most low carbs way of eating it is YMMV. I can only speak for myself-- on average it is 2.2lbs a week. The most I have lost is 8.1lbs if I am not mistaken, but then again it depends on factors (gender, did you eat "clean" or did you "cheat, women have to keep in mind that TOM/TOTM varies their gains and losses as well).

Quote:
Ok Last post! (for now)

I like to make myself an ice cream with just whip cream and sugar free syrup.. is that allowed?. . .
Sure! We all nibble on treats and non-meat-and-egg snacks every now and then. Just keep track of your intake and watch/see how it affects the scale. Depending on the results you will know whether you should refrain from eating the ice cream, you can keep the ice cream, or keep it but not so often. Again, YMMV. Just like you found success and level ground with Stillmans, I'm sure you will be able to do so with M&E. You got this Mar922. And feel free to ask as many questions as you want! We are all "family" and are here to support each other in any way we can!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post

Lizzie and Mar!

to my M&E fam!

Thanks ruralgirl! How have you been?
Old 02-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Weight: 137.8
B: Coffee with A LOT of cream
L: Leftover chuck roast (finally gone - thank god!)
D: Shrimp and pork ribs in a spicy chipotle sauce (random, but delicious)
Old 02-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Weight: 137.8
B: Coffee with A LOT of cream
L: Leftover chuck roast (finally gone - thank god!)
D: Shrimp and pork ribs in a spicy chipotle sauce (random, but delicious)
Wow... you lost almost 2lbs in one day... you go girl!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Like most low carbs way of eating it is YMMV. I can only speak for myself-- on average it is 2.2lbs a week. The most I have lost is 8.1lbs if I am not mistaken, but then again it depends on factors (gender, did you eat "clean" or did you "cheat, women have to keep in mind that TOM/TOTM varies their gains and losses as well).
Thanks!

What is YMMV?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 and I am down 3 lbs total!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks!

What is YMMV?
Your Mileage May Vary
Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day 3 and I am down 3 lbs total!

Awesome! Keep up the good work, Mar922! Send some of that weight-loss mojo my way!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Your Mileage May Vary
Thank you! I couldn't figure it out.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awesome! Keep up the good work, Mar922! Send some of that weight-loss mojo my way!
Haha its always easy to lose at first! Give it a couple weeks and I will be wanting some weight loss mojo too!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow... you lost almost 2lbs in one day... you go girl!
Thanks, NAF! I was super shocked!
I am hoping to see 137 tomorrow, and maybe 135 by March 1 (although that's a bit greedy).
Old 02-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

I started IF yesterday, so I am trying to eat within an 8-hour window. I like it a lot so far and have only had a couple periods of discomfort during my fasting time (usually lasting 10 minutes or so). Is anyone else doing any form of IF? My eating window has been 11-7, but I think I am going to bump it up to 10-6 since I really am just not that hungry at night anymore. I finished dinner today at 5:45 and haven't eaten since. I do think I would prefer eating a little earlier since I wake up at 5:40ish.

Mini Goals:
Comfortably back in a size 8 by Halloween
Comfortably in a size 6 by Thanksgiving
Goal of size 4/6 by December 31

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

QB your Avi is stunning!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I do IF of a sort. I have breakfast at 11am and stop eating at 8pm, just because 5hats how my work/food window goes. I didnt get much of a result at first but I notice now Im not thinking about food outside of this period. Took a few weeks tho.

Im no5 doing meat and egg or even strict primal now. More of a mismash of both. It has seemed to knock my 6 month stall a bit so only 2 pounds to goal
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
QB your Avi is stunning!

Oh my -- thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I do IF of a sort. I have breakfast at 11am and stop eating at 8pm, just because 5hats how my work/food window goes. I didnt get much of a result at first but I notice now Im not thinking about food outside of this period. Took a few weeks tho.

Im no5 doing meat and egg or even strict primal now. More of a mismash of both. It has seemed to knock my 6 month stall a bit so only 2 pounds to goal
Congrats!
I can't wait to be 2 lbs away!!!!
I'm 13.2 (weight is 137.2 today), and I feel like I am soooo close that I can taste it, so I can only imagine how it feels to be that close. I mean, you could be there in a couple of days!!!!
That is insane!

Question for everyone: what are you guys doing about the lack of fiber? I've never really been regular before so I'm fine now, but I think I will really need a "go" this weekend. Hope that didn't gross anyone out...
Old 02-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I started IF yesterday, so I am trying to eat within an 8-hour window. I like it a lot so far and have only had a couple periods of discomfort during my fasting time (usually lasting 10 minutes or so). Is anyone else doing any form of IF? My eating window has been 11-7, but I think I am going to bump it up to 10-6 since I really am just not that hungry at night anymore. I finished dinner today at 5:45 and haven't eaten since. I do think I would prefer eating a little earlier since I wake up at 5:40ish.
I used to IF from 10-6 everyday and it worked quite well and it also taught me what real hunger was as opposed to its 8 am I should be eating breakfast etc.. if that makes sense?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Question for everyone: what are you guys doing about the lack of fiber? I've never really been regular before so I'm fine now, but I think I will really need a "go" this weekend. Hope that didn't gross anyone out...
I used Milk if Magnesia in the past to get things going, I did Stillmans for 2 months so I had virtually no fiber... Some people recommend senna leaf tea (it has a few names but thats the main ingredient) but it gave me really bad cramps, like wake up at 3am in the fetal position bad if you don't wanna take any sort of laxative maybe just have some fiber one day? I know for me though that would just make me bloat and uncomfortable for a day before the fiber took effect... Sorry if that was TMI and hopefully thats what you meant by "go" otherwise oops
Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I’ve never been regular either. I used to take Multi-Fiber which was almost a cleanse product. But it seemed that I had to keep upping the dose for the same results over time. I ran out one day and the Health Food was also out, so they recommended Triphala. I like it a lot better. It seems to just make you system work right KWIM?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

qurlybee, awesome new avatar!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Good morning my lovelies!!!

So nice to log on and see you wonderful successes....you guys rock my world! So inspirational Hello to all the newbies Sorry I haven't had a chance to read all the posts properly yet, just did a quick skim.

I seem to have gained about 3lbs due to unexplained, excessive hunger but am on top of it this morning and the lovely Terri has inspired me to try out Atkins '72 for the next week or so. How could I not want to try it after reading her fantastic loss...WTG girl!

Qurlybee and NAF you seem to be killing it also...awesome work Qurlybee your new avatar is gorgeous!! Think I might need to update mine soon Hi to Aruralgirl & Lil and a huge welcome back to Mae! We missed you

Ok, I'm off to read about some Atkins '72 action but will check in to see how you are all going...because it motivates me and I miss you guys One last thing, Terri, any tips you've got for me for Atkins '72 that you might like to share??

Happy losing all x
Old 02-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Good morning my lovelies!!!

So nice to log on and see you wonderful successes....you guys rock my world! So inspirational Hello to all the newbies Sorry I haven't had a chance to read all the posts properly yet, just did a quick skim.

I seem to have gained about 3lbs due to unexplained, excessive hunger but am on top of it this morning and the lovely Terri has inspired me to try out Atkins '72 for the next week or so. How could I not want to try it after reading her fantastic loss...WTG girl!

Qurlybee and NAF you seem to be killing it also...awesome work Qurlybee your new avatar is gorgeous!! Think I might need to update mine soon Hi to Aruralgirl & Lil and a huge welcome back to Mae! We missed you

Ok, I'm off to read about some Atkins '72 action but will check in to see how you are all going...because it motivates me and I miss you guys One last thing, Terri, any tips you've got for me for Atkins '72 that you might like to share??

Happy losing all x
Hello Sweetness
I have been having eggs and bacon primarily for breakfast, leftover meat or tuna with must & mayo and green olives for lunch and meat and lettuce with regular dressing for dinner. I do have a 1oz of hard cheese here and there, mostly for snacks, but if my weight seems to stall I back off on that and things seem to get going again. I tried some tomatoes with my lettuce and cole shaw that had carrots in it over the weekend and that stalled me too. So I’m back to basics only using cheese as an occasional treat, meat, eggs, lettuce and green olives. I do use the 4t HWC in my coffee too.

Good luck! Happy to have you on the ’72 bench with me.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Thanks ruralgirl! How have you been?
Pretty good, thanks for asking. Lost a pound in January, then did a FF this month and lost 4 more. Thing is lately I have been so HUNGRY!!! Not sure what's up with that. My question to everybody is, so if you're really hungry--not talking cravings here, I'm talking really hungry--do you ignore it or do you eat a little something to satisfy hunger? More protein? More fat?

Thanks in advance for your answers, fam! You're the best!

Amy

BTW, QB, you're really rockin' that new avatar!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote