Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Today started off with lean and added fat like plan.. Chicken breast with egg white pancake ( mainly flat egg white frittat or what looks like pancakes lol ) makes great wrap for the meal and cream cheese 1oz

so far delicious..... One plus I had was that Normally when I have to use the bathroom I'm in cramps with just meat however with the fat I didn't have any problem with going no pain which is a relief one thing hate in the morning olol and normally be weight prob pound down but looked like half till I figure after I drank some liquid I had alot liquid and waste from protein still on its way out lol so I probably fine lol ( Sorry TMI) However I do feel happier and better, to have some flavor to the food. Planning for my shopping trip tomorrow as welll. today be more calories but hoping to keep my body digesting at higher amount then a lower cause then that just not going keep me going lol. to be able to run better in the morning was a plus too even for a short amount time it is wonderful to have energy again so far I think its going well Hope everyone is doing great today and staying warm ...My house is like at a 51degrees.. and this is with my heater which isn't working great lol.. 3degrees low out today... so sleeping in freezing room is also horrible as well. HOpe its warm where you all are at.
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: 166 | 160 | 115
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: November 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Well if my experience is anything to go by you should have no problem with salad. My only advice is to stick to the one cup, twice a day and actually measure it and just do the lettuce and cucumber or pickle thing. It's is seriously so luxurious you'll feel like you are having the best salad you have ever eaten!!!
Definitely will do! Thanks, tashy
I think I will have a salad this weekend - probably Caesar (no croutons, of course!).

I am down another 0.4 today.
For breakfast, I had some barbacoa. For lunch, I will have more cheesecake "stuff," and for dinner, I'm thinking a nice ribeye steak.
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I think I will have a salad this weekend - probably Caesar (no croutons, of course!).

I am down another 0.4 today.
For breakfast, I had some barbacoa. For lunch, I will have more cheesecake "stuff," and for dinner, I'm thinking a nice ribeye steak.
That sounds awesome Qurlybee! I was just thinking how I needed to shake up breakfast. I'm getting a board with eggs lately.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
. . . For lunch, I will have more cheesecake "stuff," and for dinner, I'm thinking a nice ribeye steak.
Mind sharing your little cheesecake treat recipe or providing the link? (sorry if I've missed it). Note: Granted, normally cheese/cream cheese is a stall/gain agent for me , but who knows your recipe could actually work with me rather than against me...worth trying anyway!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
That sounds awesome Qurlybee! I was just thinking how I needed to shake up breakfast. I'm getting a board with eggs lately.
Yeah, I didn't want to look at another egg, but I think I may need to go back on it strictly tomorrow. I went to town on grilled onions and guacamole on my steak tonight, and I'm pretty sure I'll see a gain tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Mind sharing your little cheesecake treat recipe or providing the link? (sorry if I've missed it). Note: Granted, normally cheese/cream cheese is a stall/gain agent for me , but who knows your recipe could actually work with me rather than against me...worth trying anyway!
There's no recipe, but today I made it with a spoonful of cream cheese, a spoonful of butter, and a splash of Torani SF vanilla syrup. Just mixed it all together (I microwaved the cream cheese and butter together for a few seconds to soften), and ate it. It's like pudding!
Goal of size 4 by December 31, 2015

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!

My journal: The Keto Cal Counter!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Whole 30 is finished and I have filled my fridge with cheese for tonights planned cheese a thon.

Ill be back...groaning...mumbling around a mouth of gooey lactate curd....swearing never again...

Death by cheese
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Whole 30 is finished and I have filled my fridge with cheese for tonights planned cheese a thon.

Ill be back...groaning...mumbling around a mouth of gooey lactate curd....swearing never again...

Death by cheese
How's the cheese-a-thon going Lil? Hopefully you have that accompanied by a nice drop of red (or white if that's your preferred poison )!!? Rolling around in pain yet?
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

If this attachment works, you'll see my dinner and I've been imbibing in barcadi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140131_173543.jpg (56.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 01-31-2014, 12:36 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Barcadi means no pain.

At least until tomorrow
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

YES YES YES!! OK THE OTHER DAY sorry for caps I was probably only half pound off from when changing to fat lol and today whole pound down so

31st and 3lbs off with adding more fat calories making near 2000calories and fat at every meal lol yippie lol

I notice from my past and diet approach i can't live high fat since i don't have much fat more of its water weight but i can live moderate fat and feel good and energized which i don't cramp to use the bathroom and i have energy to work out no weak tired achy all day feel plus healing of the skin///And easier to digest faster it elimnates faster then protein in the body.. Cool going stick to that

notice its like ration of 70% protein 300-350 grams having about 50-60 grams fat about 25-27% and 3% carbs lol range lol but so far guess my body had time to get use to it yeah lol new start ..Glad to be meat eater because with carbs I was like heavier at this amount food and not eating fat lol and breaking out etc.. I was low fat vegan and sluggish and not energized now I'm energized and feel great and don't need as much sleep as i though i'm wide away daily without feeling need to sleep lol... glad to be back to what I love.. Everyone stay warm I'll be back soon to chat just got up lol
Old 01-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

so far I'm feeling pretty well with my approach I think thats all I needed lol haha and to keep losing is to eat more 500+ cals more like in past but now that I find i'm never good with HIGH FAT not for me.. Every time i feel gross with that and never get full and never lost that way.. My protein was always high lol so IN example I thnk go with a roasted chicken lol moderate fat and tons protein lol sort of a 20-30% fat and 70-80% protein lol ratio.. Odd but I am glad after years finally realized I can't listen to others saying have to be high fat low carb and eat less cause I never do it and lose it at all
Old 01-31-2014, 06:10 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

one down fall which didn't seem to bother my results lol but my scale food scale i'd weigh everything but don't seem to have problem with it lol being gone now feel more incontrol to what I want then what really is a portion lol haha

Have a great day all <3
Old 01-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is enjoying this last day of January. Wow, the first month of 2014 is already gone; time just flies doesn't it?

January Summary
I lost 14lbs in January!!!

Noted victories
1) non-scale victory= the old shirt that finally fits
2)new recipe in the LC Food arsenal (have had it the past 3 days straight no gains yet)
3)scale victory = January 31st= newest lowest weight on LC WOE

Here is hoping February treats me just as well.

NAF
Old 02-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Hey, y'all!

The last week has been... well, lots of highs and lows, I'll tell you.

So, my friend that passed was from Atlanta-- and as another Indy artist, very poor, no insurance. So, a whole bunch of us artists, musicians, and indy community people got together and started trying to raise the money ( $5500.00) to send his remains back to his family in Atlanta. With the online fundraising thingie, we'd gotten to $2500.00 by Monday. Wednesday evening, my band and six others, all played a hastily put-together benefit. We raised over $3000.00 in one night. My friend is now on his way home.

In the middle of all that (including emergency rehearsals and work), my sister arrived in Seattle from Chicago-- so I also had to entertain-- which means eating out.

And here's where all of the overshare becomes relevant; I stuck to plan, with very few modifications.

At the benefit, I did have a couple of shots-- toasts to our departed friend. Stuck to Diet Coke most of the evening.

Brunch# 1 with sis: grilled shrimp, prawns, fish, radicco salad. (two forkfuls.
Dinner with sis: Gourmet burger without the bun, bacon, salad greens on the side.

And this is how my week went.

Anyway-- all the crazy has died down and I'm back to strict M&E-- so I thought I'd leave you with my new favorite recipe:

Crispy Chicken Balls with Cracklin's.

It's simple--

Crush (2) bags Hot and Spicy pork rinds (coarsely) and mix thoroughly with 4 pounds ground chicken. Make them into balls (a little smaller than a ping-pong ball.)
Fry in a large skillet to which you've added 1 big ole tablespoon of lard. (I use a wok.)

Why so much?

These have become a staple-- I have them as little snacks, they are portable, good hot or cold, and lovely with a mayo dip. Sometimes, I'll take one teaspoon low carb/sugar free salsa and add it to the Mayo and mix it to create an Uber Yummy dip. And, they are awesome added to chicken broth, or Italian Egg Drop Soup.

Anyway, that's been my week. Glad to be back, y'all keep me on the straight and narrow.

Re-starting Meat and Egg Fast :1/13/14

Size:18/20* 14/16* 10/ 11/12 * 9/10 * 8/9* 7/8
I have no idea what I weigh.

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try."
Alexander the Great

Last edited by Erica L. Butler; 02-01-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
If this attachment works, you'll see my dinner and I've been imbibing in barcadi
Looks quite yummy! I never could handle Rum. I'm more a Vodka girl, though there's a moratorium on cocktails at the moment. :-(
Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yummy! Living vicariously through you Lil!

Quote:
Hope everyone is enjoying this last day of January. Wow, the first month of 2014 is already gone; time just flies doesn't it?
January Summary
I lost 14lbs in January!!!

Noted victories
1) non-scale victory= the old shirt that finally fits
2)new recipe in the LC Food arsenal (have had it the past 3 days straight no gains yet)
3)scale victory = January 31st= newest lowest weight on LC WOE

Here is hoping February treats me just as well.

NAF
Well you sure earned your nick name this month Damn NAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
Looks quite yummy! I never could handle Rum. I'm more a Vodka girl, though there's a moratorium on cocktails at the moment. :-(
Welcome back Erica! And congratulations on a very successful week all the way around.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yummy! Living vicariously through you Lil!

Well you sure earned your nick name this month Damn NAF

Welcome back Erica! And congratulations on a very successful week all the way around.
Thanks, Terri! I'm stoked to be back. You guys are the most positive people-- it's easier to stay on plan you have online "backup."
Old 02-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Super happy like once again every other day another pound lighter.. so today 4lbs total and that means 1lb to goal weight ... Yet i get hungrier when I lose and so since i lose even tho my calories went from 1406 to 2000 still every other day loss i'm upping to 2300 cause I'm more hungrier and from my past it was when they said ur eating too much that i gained al my weight on since I went to a stupid eat less suggestions ....WRONG LOL eat and be happy is my new approach and seem to be getting slimmer fast lol.. so today I'm planning to eat more since yesterday notice hunger and today as well more in the day so my meals be more meat as well...

close to 1lb meat a meal love it love it love it!! lol
plus added fat lol

man today and everyday has been Great..

the only thing now that will be on my mind is no diet plan or folow someone elses suggestion cause when they said eat less that = get fatter...

my past i was eating 3000 ( 2800-3000 calories) and was my thinnest every day never gained nothing lol and was happy my life was great... So finally found what i was missing being happy not stressed and not listeing to others with there suggestion....

stress can change someone fast as it seems but when ur happy calories mean nothing .. so happy 1lb and be my norm weight lol been faster then ever..
Old 02-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone has a great ground hogs day
Old 02-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
. . .There's no recipe, but today I made it with a spoonful of cream cheese, a spoonful of butter, and a splash of Torani SF vanilla syrup. Just mixed it all together (I microwaved the cream cheese and butter together for a few seconds to soften), and ate it. It's like pudding!
Thanks for sharing this. I may make this my Valentine's Day Sweet Treat on the 14th!

Quote:
. . . Well you sure earned your nick name this month Damn NAF
Thanks Terri! I appreciate the words of encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
. . . You guys are the most positive people-- it's easier to stay on plan you have online "backup."
Hello, Erica! Looking forward to you sharing more of your recipes.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

I've been gone for a few days, and that foray into onions and guac totally set me off on a veggie binge! I demolished some kale chips and cauliflower rice like no one's business yesterday at a sleepover I hosted at my home last night. And also drank a bit too much wine. Still not much, but more than what I usually drink.
I woke up too late to weigh, so I am not sure about the "damage," but I honestly am starting to care a little less about things like this, since I know I'm pretty strict normally and I still didn't go off LC.
But I am trying to decide the best plan of action moving forward.
I know that M&E is not going to be sustainable for me, as I literally want to throw up as soon as I see an egg now. And I really want to add in some veggies (more lower carb ones for the time being because those onions tasted like candy!).
I'm not sure I can do Atkins '72 as outlined in this thread because I tend to prefer cooked veggies over raw. I'm trying to cut out as many processed foods as I can and I legitimately cannot seem to enjoy raw vegetables without some sort of dressing or dip (except carrots - which will never be coming back into my house, and cucumbers - which I also am not keen on buying because I usually eat a half per day and that can get expensive over time).
I'm thinking my best meal plan for the long term is a modified induction of meat, vegetables, and a little cheese. I still want to keep my carbs really low, though. I am thinking 5 and below. I may increase them some after I reach goal because I will definitely be partaking in my wine again at that point, and I don't want to exchange veggies for wine.
Does a thread exist that is similar to this WOE?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

qurlybee, I do not know of any thread, but if you have not looked at the website yet, Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes is a great place for food ideas including those based on vegetables (the Side Dishes section is awesome). I try to visit it at least once a month for new ideas and how to incorporate veggies and stuff in my diet. You probably already know about the site though.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 02-02-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
qurlybee, I do not know of any thread, but if you have not looked at the website yet, Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes is a great place for food ideas including those based on vegetables (the Side Dishes section is awesome). I try to visit it at least once a month for new ideas and how to incorporate veggies and stuff in my diet. You probably already know about the site though.
Thanks, NAF!
I actually decided to go ahead and join in on the primal thread. So I guess I'm just going to do a VLC version of primal.
I'll still be sniffing around in here, though.
I've grown quite attached to this little family
Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, NAF!
I actually decided to go ahead and join in on the primal thread. So I guess I'm just going to do a VLC version of primal.

I was about to say "here's hoping you will still pop in and say hi and keep us up-to-date with how you are doing and all." tasydoll and Terri will be great resources for you as far as primal goes too!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks, NAF!
Ah Yeah, you're not going anywhere, you’re family now. Most of us are doing other things as well as occasional M&E. I myself haven't done a formal M&E for a while. We're just all figuring it out together.

And I know what you mean about eggs. I had to take a break lately too.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was about to say "here's hoping you will still pop in and say hi and keep us up-to-date with how you are doing and all." tasydoll and Terri will be great resources for you as far as primal goes too!
Quote:
Ah Yeah, you're not going anywhere, you’re family now. Most of us are doing other things as well as occasional M&E. I myself haven't done a formal M&E for a while. We're just all figuring it out together.

And I know what you mean about eggs. I had to take a break lately too.
Thanks so much, friends
I may do an occasional M&E as well in the future!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
I strayed from Meat and Egg last night. I made a broccoli and zucchini casserole for the family for dinner and after taste testing it, I couldn't resist. It ws LC, but not m&e. The scale went up, but it was worth it. I am going to share the recipe on my blog. It ws very yummy!

Jan 14 - 180.8
Jan 15 - 177.4
Jan 16 - 176.6
Jan 17 - 175.0
Jan 18 - 176.0 *had a salad tonight*
Jan 19 - 176.6 *had some cabbage and mushrooms tonight* (c25k w3d1 done)
Jan 20 - 177.0 *had some cream cheese muffins*
Jan 21 - 177.4 meet and egg
Jan 22 - 176.0 YAY! meat and egg
Jan 23 - 175.4 *had two cream cheese muffins and some broccoli/zucchini casserole*
Jan 24 - 176.4 meat and egg today! possibly a very small side salad for dinner if I go out with friends.

Oh, wow! I didn't get that you had a blog-- off to go have a look. :-) The casserole sounds yummy. :-)
Old 02-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks so much, friends
I may do an occasional M&E as well in the future!
Yep, family! We're not all doing the same thing, anyway. :-)
Old 02-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

more nonscale victories

Saturday and today I have gotten comments from colleagues and friends about my weight loss. Today I was told I looked "rather spiffy" at work. I also bought a pair of jeans my old ones are baggy now so I bought a smaller size pants just to see if they would fit...they do. As an added bonus, I saved money (the smaller you are the cheaper your clothes are) I saved at least 10 dollars.