Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
So Tashy & Lil little help here please. I found myself wandering around today back on the Primal website. Considering the fact that I don’t have a ton to lose, wouldn’t I be better off trying to lose it on Atkins/M&E/FF or whatever and transition to Primal? Wouldn’t it take me forever to lose this last 15-20 # on Primal?
Hi Terri, I found the only way I could lose the last 10lbs was to change to Primal. I'd been doing Atkins for about 3 years and my body hit a point where no matter how low I went with my carbs (even practically 0) I wouldn't have any losses. I stalled for about 5 months or so (from memory) and then read about adding some good carbs back into my diet slowly.

Before I knew it I was eating Primal without even having a name for it at that stage. It was really an easy transition for me as I've been gluten-free for a long time, sugar-free (from atkins) and rarely ate grains anyway (due to keeping LC). The hardest thing was getting my head around increasing my carbs. I had a very small weight gain initially whilst my body was adjusting, but once my body cottoned on to the fact that I wasn't just having a carb binge and it didn't need to hang on to its stores, the last weight came off really easily. And I don't say that lightly because I have never been someone who dropped weight easily, I've always had to push really hard.

I still eat what is considered an LC Primal diet as my percentages are around F:55%, P:30%, C:15% and my cals stay naturally around 1100-1400 (on the lower side of that taking into account exercise). I only watch my cal intake a little or percentages if I find I'm gaining but for the most part I don't think about it...I just eat normal food and I'm satisfied. I also chose Primal rather than Paleo as I don't have any problems digesting dairy and therefore it is ok to stay in my diet.

It might be worth a try if you are looking for a way to lose the last bit of weight. I don't even look at it like a diet either as you just eat normal food. The only thing I need to watch is too much fruit intake from time to time from all of the treats and baking I do, but think I have that under control now

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
I know when I tried it last year I went right for the baked treats. I think being low carb for so long puts you in that “treat needy” state of mind. So I know I didn’t give it a fair shot before I wondered off in search of the quick fix. But I just seem to be spinning in circles. I so desperately want to lose these last few and just start living again.

There is something about the down to earth concepts of living and eating whole organic foods that keeps calling me. I wish I was someone that didn’t have to worry about carbs, but I think I’ve actually accepted the fact that it’s not a negotiable point for me. And Primal does feel more like just living.

So beyond watching the fruits and treats, and of course ditching grains and sugar, did you adhere to any special WOE in the lose portion of your Primal journey? It helps to know that you’re not an easy loser either and you’ve done so well.

I have a lot of stuff I printed down from Mark’s sight. I’m going to pull it out and start going over it.

Thanks Tash!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I dont eat primal to lose weight. I think my body doesnt want me to shift this last bit.

I like primal because it models better eating habits to my kids than atkins or meat and egg does, and I can make it fit certain requirements I have...low carb, sugar and grain free and lots of cheese!
lilbeetle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know when I tried it last year I went right for the baked treats. I think being low carb for so long puts you in that “treat needy” state of mind. So I know I didn’t give it a fair shot before I wondered off in search of the quick fix. But I just seem to be spinning in circles. I so desperately want to lose these last few and just start living again.

There is something about the down to earth concepts of living and eating whole organic foods that keeps calling me. I wish I was someone that didn’t have to worry about carbs, but I think I’ve actually accepted the fact that it’s not a negotiable point for me. And Primal does feel more like just living.

So beyond watching the fruits and treats, and of course ditching grains and sugar, did you adhere to any special WOE in the lose portion of your Primal journey? It helps to know that you’re not an easy loser either and you’ve done so well.

I have a lot of stuff I printed down from Mark’s sight. I’m going to pull it out and start going over it.

Thanks Tash!
All I really did when I first started was used a tracker to try to find my perfect P:F:C: balance and tried to keep my cals under control. But that was as much to monitor my progress and see what happened if I adjusted anything...i.e. If I wasn't losing weight then I looked at my cals, if they seemed ok then I looked at the percentages and just jiggled it to get it right. It really didn't take too long because I used my hunger as a guide. I knew I was eating too much natural sugar (from fruit) because I was feeling ravenously hungry for no reason. I can tell when my protein is too high because my calories are fine, I'm not hungry but I'm not losing weight. Everything was perfectly balanced when I wasn't hungry but still making small losses on the scales or in my clothing fit. It has made me be more in tune with my body and what it needs because I have started to listen more to it. I started doing it to lose weight but now I continue doing it after reaching goal because it just feels right and I feel good eating this way. Really, I don't miss out on anything either...it's very easy to make the right choices when you are out or at someone's house or out because it's only as restrictive as you choose to make it.

I'm not overly pedantic about the organic side of things (although I try to choose it when available or not ridiculously priced). Like Lil said also, it is good behaviour modelling for my family. We have very little processed food in our house as I make everything from our yoghurt, to our jam, crackers, 'bread', treats, ice blocks, and all of our other snacks and meals. Because of that my family really have no taste for processed rubbish or sugary foods...and that makes me happy My husband said he had chocolate biscuit at a morning tea function for work the other day and nearly vomited!! Victory!!

Please let me know if you have any more questions about it (as you can see I can go on about it all day!) Maybe we should head over to the other thread I started so as not to bore these lovely people here!! Primal/Paleo newbies.... tips, hints, and most of all, recipes to share!
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:39 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4/6
WOE: Low Carb Vegan
Start Date: September 2014
Terri: I was literally just talking to my dad about how I am a cheap date now so I should meet my husband soon, lol! My dad agreed (probably way too quickly now that I think about it...)

Tashy: I am so slow! I tooootally forgot about the judgment piece. Luckily for me, I only get the effects of the depressant aspect so it just relaxes me and I usually fall asleep soon after. This is a godsend for an insomniac like myself . Liquor, on the other hand, is the one that makes me feel like eating an entire convenience store afterwards (which I often did in college and grad school...).
You're a beast! I can't even imagine smelling, let alone taking, a shot nowadays. I'm like one of your wimpy friends... lol.

Terri and Tashy: I am so happy that you guys are in this thread because I fully intended to lose all or most of my weight on Atkins/M&E and then transition back to primal. I had the clearest mind and most energy when I was primal! I already buy local and organic for the most part, but there are a few processed foods in my diet that I would love to shed as I move closer to my goal. I haven't yet matured enough in my weight loss journey to be able to mentally handle a huge spike on the scale, even for something perfectly natural and even if I know it's just temporary.
You ladies are my inspiration, and I hope that you will post your transition here (or elsewhere) so I can follow along, Terri

1.25.14: 140.8
1.26.14: 141.8
1.27.14: 141.4
1.28.14: 140.4

I now know I will definitely meet my mini goal, but I really would love to hit 139 by Friday/Saturday to end/begin the month at a milestone. I think 1.4 over 3-4 days is doable.

B: CO and butter coffee
L: 3 deviled eggs
D: Pork belly

Mini Goals:
Comfortably back in a size 8 by Halloween
Comfortably in a size 6 by Thanksgiving
Goal of size 4/6 by December 31

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!

Last edited by qurlybee; 01-28-2014 at 04:41 AM..
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
edited

Karai, hello again. Haven't seen you in a while; hope all is well with you as well.

As for me, I am reporting that this week I lost 1.0lbs. Yeah, that's low, but every little bit counts. Plus, I had the non-scale victory with the shirt, so I can't complain too much. And after the stressful week I had, and add to that trying to deal with Mother Nature and the extreme cold-- I will gladly take that one pound, know what I'm saying?!! LOL

My goal is to be at an all time low by February 1st. We will see!

Cheers!

NAF
Hey NAF, I am scooting along. I'm finally down to 180 lbs...a weight I haven't seen in umphteen years! Since I've been doing the 'Belly Fat Cure' plan, I only occasionally eat a Meat and Egg meal. But, I've been peeking in from time to time with a lurk here and there.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Each pound adds up to victory. And, I agree take EVERY none scale victory. Those really keep you motivated. I am still shopping my closet. I am so glad that I didn't get rid of my small sizes. And, it is so amazing at how the pieces are still in style!

Have a wonderful week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
edited
Hi to all of my other M&E family. Also, welcome back Karai!!
Hiya Tashy!
I'm still around...I've been lurking in and out to see how things are going in the M&E world.

Have a great week!

Terri! Hi, Joannew! Hi, Erica and all of the new M&Ers! You will love this place. As you've already seen, the folks here are kind, helpful and very supportive.

Last edited by Karai; 01-28-2014 at 05:05 AM..
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hey NAF, I am scooting along. I'm finally down to 180 lbs...a weight I haven't seen in umphteen years! . . .
Awesome! Congratulations!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I dont eat primal to lose weight. I think my body doesnt want me to shift this last bit.

I like primal because it models better eating habits to my kids than atkins or meat and egg does, and I can make it fit certain requirements I have...low carb, sugar and grain free and lots of cheese!
Thanks Lil. So did you lose first then go Primal?

Quote:
All I really did when I first started was used a tracker to try to find my perfect P:F:C: balance and tried to keep my cals under control. But that was as much to monitor my progress and see what happened if I adjusted anything...i.e. If I wasn't losing weight then I looked at my cals, if they seemed ok then I looked at the percentages and just jiggled it to get it right. It really didn't take too long because I used my hunger as a guide. I knew I was eating too much natural sugar (from fruit) because I was feeling ravenously hungry for no reason. I can tell when my protein is too high because my calories are fine, I'm not hungry but I'm not losing weight. Everything was perfectly balanced when I wasn't hungry but still making small losses on the scales or in my clothing fit. It has made me be more in tune with my body and what it needs because I have started to listen more to it. I started doing it to lose weight but now I continue doing it after reaching goal because it just feels right and I feel good eating this way. Really, I don't miss out on anything either...it's very easy to make the right choices when you are out or at someone's house or out because it's only as restrictive as you choose to make it.

I'm not overly pedantic about the organic side of things (although I try to choose it when available or not ridiculously priced). Like Lil said also, it is good behaviour modelling for my family. We have very little processed food in our house as I make everything from our yoghurt, to our jam, crackers, 'bread', treats, ice blocks, and all of our other snacks and meals. Because of that my family really have no taste for processed rubbish or sugary foods...and that makes me happy My husband said he had chocolate biscuit at a morning tea function for work the other day and nearly vomited!! Victory!!

Please let me know if you have any more questions about it (as you can see I can go on about it all day!) Maybe we should head over to the other thread I started so as not to bore these lovely people here!! Primal/Paleo newbies.... tips, hints, and most of all, recipes to share!
I think what I need to focus on is day to day and stop being strayed by the treats. There are so many yummy possibilities it's hard not to be distracted.

Aside from occasional fruit. What do you find is the main differences in this WOE vs standard low carb?

I'm more focused on the additives: Nitrates, Trans fats and other chemical or Frankenfood things while enjoying the organic offerings I can afford just makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Terri: I was literally just talking to my dad about how I am a cheap date now so I should meet my husband soon, lol! My dad agreed (probably way too quickly now that I think about it...)

Quote:
Terri and Tashy: I am so happy that you guys are in this thread because I fully intended to lose all or most of my weight on Atkins/M&E and then transition back to primal. I had the clearest mind and most energy when I was primal! I already buy local and organic for the most part, but there are a few processed foods in my diet that I would love to shed as I move closer to my goal. I haven't yet matured enough in my weight loss journey to be able to mentally handle a huge spike on the scale, even for something perfectly natural and even if I know it's just temporary.
You ladies are my inspiration, and I hope that you will post your transition here (or elsewhere) so I can follow along, Terri
WOE is WOE but family & friends are quite another thing. No matter what I'm doing I always feel at home here!

Quote:

I now know I will definitely meet my mini goal, but I really would love to hit 139 by Friday/Saturday to end/begin the month at a milestone. I think 1.4 over 3-4 days is doable.

B: CO and butter coffee
L: 3 deviled eggs
D: Pork belly
You'll get there!!

Quote:
Terri! Hi, Joannew! Hi, Erica and all of the new M&Ers! You will love this place. As you've already seen, the folks here are kind, helpful and very supportive.
Hey Karai You're such an inspiration. We're all so proud of you!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Wasn't in the mood for the coffee this morning. Mixed up a scoop of cream cheese, butter, SF syrup, and vanilla in a mug. Delicious.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Jan 2 - 188.2
Jan 14 - 180.8
Jan 15 - 177.4
Jan 16 - 176.6
Jan 17 - 175.0
Jan 18 - 176.0 *had a salad tonight*
Jan 19 - 176.6 *had some cabbage and mushrooms tonight* (c25k w3d1 done)
Jan 20 - 177.0 *had some cream cheese muffins*
Jan 21 - 177.4 meet and egg
Jan 22 - 176.0 YAY! meat and egg
Jan 23 - 175.4 *had two cream cheese muffins and some broccoli/zucchini casserole*
Jan 24 - 176.4 meat and egg today!
Jan 25 - 173.6 YAY!
Jan 26 - 176.0 Well the loss was short lived
Jan 27 - 179.2 And then Sunday I had a momentary lapse in judgement and indulged in dessert. Eek! I paid well for that one!
Jan 28 - 181.2 I forgot that my body likes to gain TWO days in a row after a sweet treat. I'm hoping for a nice drop tomorrow. Ugh!

Back to strict meat and eggs today.

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author

Last edited by LoriAS; 01-28-2014 at 12:38 PM..
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You're a beast! I can't even imagine smelling, let alone taking, a shot nowadays. I'm like one of your wimpy friends... lol.

Hahahaha! Yeah my friends definitely think I'm a bit nuts Also considering that I'll be 40 this year, I really should start acting like an adult!!

Thanks for your kind words...not sure about being an inspiration but I certainly know how important support can be when you are trying to improve your health...very happy to help in any way possible

Quote:

Hiya Tashy!
I'm still around...I've been lurking in and out to see how things are going in the M&E world.

Have a great week!

Glad you're still with us....even if it's just lurking

Quote:
I think what I need to focus on is day to day and stop being strayed by the treats. There are so many yummy possibilities it's hard not to be distracted.

Aside from occasional fruit. What do you find is the main differences in this WOE vs standard low carb?

I'm more focused on the additives: Nitrates, Trans fats and other chemical or Frankenfood things while enjoying the organic offerings I can afford just makes sense to me.
Sometimes the best way to start is the 21 day sugar detox (21DSD) or the Whole30. This is a way to start eating Primal (if you add in dairy) and this will get you used to eating whole foods without falling into the 'treat' trap. Then once you're used to that you can start adding in a few treats here and there. I have 'liked' a lot of pages on Facebook (if you have an account you can do that too) and there is a great deal of people doing these challenges and posting menus etc that can help. Other than that if you google '21DSD' or 'Whole30' you'll find heaps of sites that can help you get started.

The main difference in my eating was the awareness of ingredients in our foods, reducing all the pre-packaged, processed foods in our household and realising that if I can't make it from scratch then it probably isn't that good for me. There are obviously exceptions to this and the dairy products & the condiments I buy don't have the nasties in them and are made from fairly good ingredients. We are very lucky in Australia that we don't have many grain fed animals either (chickens are) and most of the meat and dairy products produced here are grass fed, so are prices are not excessive because that is just our normal meat and dairy industry. The other thing I stopped doing was eating Atkins bars for breakfast....looking at the ingredients list makes me shudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Jan 2 - 188.2
Jan 14 - 180.8
Jan 15 - 177.4
Jan 16 - 176.6
Jan 17 - 175.0
Jan 23 - 175.4 *had two cream cheese muffins and some broccoli/zucchini casserole*
Jan 25 - 173.6 YAY!
Jan 27 - 179.2 And then Sunday I had a momentary lapse in judgement and indulged in dessert. Eek! I paid well for that one!
Jan 28 - 181.2 I forgot that my body likes to gain TWO days in a row after a sweet treat. I'm hoping for a nice drop tomorrow. Ugh!

I'm just looking back at your stats from the beginning of January and you are doing really well! The scales are such a downer sometimes but when you look at the long term stats the daily glitches are just a small part of the picture. Great job

Last edited by tashydoll; 01-28-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sometimes the best way to start is the 21 day sugar detox (21DSD) or the Whole30. This is a way to start eating Primal (if you add in dairy) and this will get you used to eating whole foods without falling into the 'treat' trap. Then once you're used to that you can start adding in a few treats here and there. I have 'liked' a lot of pages on Facebook (if you have an account you can do that too) and there is a great deal of people doing these challenges and posting menus etc that can help. Other than that if you google '21DSD' or 'Whole30' you'll find heaps of sites that can help you get started.

The main difference in my eating was the awareness of ingredients in our foods, reducing all the pre-packaged, processed foods in our household and realising that if I can't make it from scratch then it probably isn't that good for me. There are obviously exceptions to this and the dairy products & the condiments I buy don't have the nasties in them and are made from fairly good ingredients. We are very lucky in Australia that we don't have many grain fed animals either (chickens are) and most of the meat and dairy products produced here are grass fed, so are prices are not excessive because that is just our normal meat and dairy industry. The other thing I stopped doing was eating Atkins bars for breakfast....looking at the ingredients list makes me shudder
Oh that's great Tash! Thanks so much. I can't wait to get into that tonight. I think that's just what I needed to get my head in the game.

I'm also trying to be a good listener and not just eat what's on the menu or what I need to get my numbers to a certain spot. Funny (I know it's only been 1/2 day ) but I do feel more in control.

Oh and the Atkins bars? Aaaaaaa yeah I did have two of those this weekend as well.

Last edited by TerriMM; 01-28-2014 at 04:29 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Lori, Great job on your stats/numbers so far for January! I tip my hat to you (and anyone else for that matter) that is a daily-weigher. Granted, the past few days I also have been weighing daily b/c I'm so close to being at an all time low I want to write down the exact day it happens... LOL, but aside from that, I don't think I could keep it up 'religiously'... I admire that you can.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Jan 2 - 188.2
Jan 14 - 180.8
Jan 15 - 177.4
Jan 16 - 176.6
Jan 17 - 175.0
Jan 25 - 173.6 YAY!

I get the two day effect too Lori, but I agree with the rest of the family. You've done great this month. and you still have three days left.

Quote:
Lori, Great job on your stats/numbers so far for January! I tip my hat to you (and anyone else for that matter) that is a daily-weigher. Granted, the past few days I also have been weighing daily b/c I'm so close to being at an all time low I want to write down the exact day it happens... LOL, but aside from that, I don't think I could keep it up 'religiously'... I admire that you can.
You'll get there NAF, we're all cheering for you?
Old 01-29-2014, 04:06 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

1.29.14: 138.8

That is all I have to say right now! I am completely on a high right now!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:37 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Wow! Look at that 'whoosh' you saw on the scale today! Congratulations! It's moments like this that remind us "this is soooo worth it!" doesn't it? Very happy for you!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

I am celebrating today too; I have lost 1.2lbs in the past 24hours. I'm excited b/c I did this while trying a new meal. Let me explain, I am one of those types that is leery of new meal ideas or meals I haven't tried before b/c I do not know how it will affect my results on the scale and progress. The meal in question was a low carb meatball stew. I had one hearty bowl full for dinner (perfect for this snowy winter weather we are having) and was quite pleased with the taste. Hoped on the scale this morning and... Oh, Snap!.... -1.2lbs. So, not only am I one more pound closer to mini-goal, I have one more recipe/go to meal to use in my new WOE. Awesome!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:
I am celebrating today too; I have lost 1.2lbs in the past 24hours. I'm excited b/c I did this while trying a new meal. Let me explain, I am one of those types that is leery of new meal ideas or meals I haven't tried before b/c I do not know how it will affect my results on the scale and progress. The meal in question was a low carb meatball stew. I had one hearty bowl full for dinner (perfect for this snowy winter weather we are having) and was quite pleased with the taste. Hoped on the scale this morning and... Oh, Snap!.... -1.2lbs. So, not only am I one more pound closer to mini-goal, I have one more recipe/go to meal to use in my new WOE. Awesome!
WTG you Guys!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Terri!
How are things on your end? I saw that you've been doing a lot of Q&A and research in regards to other low carb venues and plans; found anything that you will 'partner' with along with Meat and Eggs?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
NAF, yep I agree about being cautious in trying some new meal ideas...especially the entrees. Striking the right balance is key when finally taking the dive...but you don't know the results of how your body will react until you hit the scale. It sounds like the meatball stew is a keeper. Congrats on the weight loss!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow! Look at that 'whoosh' you saw on the scale today! Congratulations! It's moments like this that remind us "this is soooo worth it!" doesn't it? Very happy for you!
Thanks so much, NAF! I am literally on Cloud 9 right now!

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean! When things work, I am afraid to change too much for fear that it will completely ruin everything. But congrats to you for being brave AND for adding to your arsenal! I think having that makes this much easier to maintain as a lifestyle!

Quote:
WTG you Guys!!!!
Thanks, Terri!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Terri!
How are things on your end? I saw that you've been doing a lot of Q&A and research in regards to other low carb venues and plans; found anything that you will 'partner' with along with Meat and Eggs?
I'm thinking about going back to Primal with intermittent M&E. It's really a great WOE for life. I'm more or less doing it now as I figure out the details and my weight is slowly slipping back down. I'm not journaling or stressing over it, which is actually part of the plan, and it seems to be working. So that’s where I'm hanging for now. I’m on track to be down 3-4# by the end of the month, which is only about a 1/3 of what I was hoping for. But considering I went through being pretty sick for a couple weeks and wasn’t able to exercise at all I’ll accept that and hope for more like 6-8# next month at a more “livable, less stressful” rate.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm thinking about going back to Primal with intermittent M&E. It's really a great WOE for life. I'm more or less doing it now as I figure out the details and my weight is slowly slipping back down. I'm not journaling or stressing over it, which is actually part of the plan, and it seems to be working. So that’s where I'm hanging for now. I’m on track to be down 3-4# by the end of the month, which is only about a 1/3 of what I was hoping for. But considering I went through being pretty sick for a couple weeks and wasn’t able to exercise at all I’ll accept that and hope for more like 6-8# next month at a more “livable, less stressful” rate.

That's great! As long as you find the way that works for you and it's letting you being successful, I say "go for it!" January is such a struggle for me both when it comes to my getting out and exercising and motivation wise. But, February will soon be here as well as Spring (March 20th).

PS: This may come back to haunt me, but I as or right now I am actually looking forward to Spring and Summer 2014 now that I am 30+lbs skinnier/lighter and all.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Hi girls, I'm not new to the low carb thing been around here a bit came back to the site forum in a low carb lean protein approach...So far I only wanted to lose 5lbs so I figure come off easily. After returning to a low fat all you can eat carb approach like the 30bananas group would preach. I realized that I love protein not carbs since I couldn't take it.. my gut was bloated like i was pregnant felt heavy puffy and tired all the time after every meal an hour later I'd want to sleep. Felt no energy or nothing.. However after like about week returning to protein figure lean since i wasn't have fat to begin with , when doing high carb.. I've manager to feel the appetite control since I lost that when was doing low carb and was just hungry all the time... As well every other day so far i lost a pound fast.. so started 24th and the 26th was 1 lb lighter then 28th another pound lighter and now today lol haha ..

However I've not really crave fattier meat just when its near meal time, but I do keep thinking How my body is like going weak on lean protein since I don't think my body has much fat but more of it being water weight.. I was curious of adding fat in my diet, however i'm not sure how my body will handle it. I know it will make calories probably 300-500 calories more cause i want to add it to the meals i'm eating. Since the food range I'm eating seems to keep me full and has been doing well with weight loss.. But I figure if I added fat that maybe I might have a faster drop like some explain with more calories they end up dropping more weight faster or easier.. that be sweet then again .. I am a small person with big appetite

right now I prob eat 1400-1600 calories depending on hunger.

what do you all think ?
ty<3
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

hope not destroying my diet but adding in 500 cals extra to each plate so my normal 1500-1600 day be 2000-2100... just super weak n hungrier now being no added fat and lean for almost a week
Old 01-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 234/225/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Hello all,
I'm back again...at least to this site. I want to do meat and eggs and induction on 3 week cycles. I started last month with Atkins, but then adding low carb fruit smoothies slowed my weight loss. So I'm ready to start meat and eggs to get this started. I really like how some of you are weighing everyday to keep yourselves accountable. I hope that I can offer as much inspiration as I know I will recieve.

Jan. 29- 225.4
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
Hi girls, I'm not new to the low carb thing been around here a bit came back to the site forum in a low carb lean protein approach...So far I only wanted to lose 5lbs so I figure come off easily. After returning to a low fat all you can eat carb approach like the 30bananas group would preach. I realized that I love protein not carbs since I couldn't take it.. my gut was bloated like i was pregnant felt heavy puffy and tired all the time after every meal an hour later I'd want to sleep. Felt no energy or nothing.. However after like about week returning to protein figure lean since i wasn't have fat to begin with , when doing high carb.. I've manager to feel the appetite control since I lost that when was doing low carb and was just hungry all the time... As well every other day so far i lost a pound fast.. so started 24th and the 26th was 1 lb lighter then 28th another pound lighter and now today lol haha ..

However I've not really crave fattier meat just when its near meal time, but I do keep thinking How my body is like going weak on lean protein since I don't think my body has much fat but more of it being water weight.. I was curious of adding fat in my diet, however i'm not sure how my body will handle it. I know it will make calories probably 300-500 calories more cause i want to add it to the meals i'm eating. Since the food range I'm eating seems to keep me full and has been doing well with weight loss.. But I figure if I added fat that maybe I might have a faster drop like some explain with more calories they end up dropping more weight faster or easier.. that be sweet then again .. I am a small person with big appetite

right now I prob eat 1400-1600 calories depending on hunger.

what do you all think ?
ty<3
Hi Natosha....as you know you can't do M&E without the fat as you can potentially suffer from protein poisoning (rabbit starvation). If your body is really craving the fat then maybe you'll need to listen to it a bit and adjust your WOE accordingly. Our bodies are very in tune with our individual needs and need to be heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
Hello all,
I'm back again...at least to this site. I want to do meat and eggs and induction on 3 week cycles. I started last month with Atkins, but then adding low carb fruit smoothies slowed my weight loss. So I'm ready to start meat and eggs to get this started. I really like how some of you are weighing everyday to keep yourselves accountable. I hope that I can offer as much inspiration as I know I will recieve.

Jan. 29- 225.4
Hi and welcome! Lovely to have you here and we hope to see more of your posts and how you are going

Last edited by tashydoll; 01-29-2014 at 06:01 PM..
Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

I went off my 75/25 and ate 2 deviled eggs, some of the cheesecake stuff I mentioned earlier, and 2 little bacon double cheeseburgers with pickles. And I could actually eat again if I weren't so tired.
I think I am going to try a salad soon - I'm missing some veggies. Hopefully that won't undo everything.
Welcome, natosha and happy!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I went off my 75/25 and ate 2 deviled eggs, some of the cheesecake stuff I mentioned earlier, and 2 little bacon double cheeseburgers with pickles. And I could actually eat again if I weren't so tired.
I think I am going to try a salad soon - I'm missing some veggies. Hopefully that won't undo everything.
Welcome, natosha and happy!
Well if my experience is anything to go by you should have no problem with salad. My only advice is to stick to the one cup, twice a day and actually measure it and just do the lettuce and cucumber or pickle thing. It's is seriously so luxurious you'll feel like you are having the best salad you have ever eaten!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

tashydoll -thank you for the response, I actually did go for it at dinner. However did feel hungrier and not as tired to sleep at night sortof had trouble sleeping I guess like I'm not super tired....

Thanks for the welcome qurlybee.

I guess fear is anxious to see if it was the right choice or wrong, but I must say my appetite is perked up. I wasn't very hungry on dry boring fat free as possible meat However with fat its like my body is giving me the I want more more more..not full sign lol

However it actually doesn't feel like I've at boulders of dry rocks in my gut keeping me fulll instead feel lighter even tho added few more calories and plan for today as well to add in fat. of course, since all things lean lol will have work with fat I have availble.

adding maybe 2000-2100 not to bad always good way up metab