Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EggFaster
Egg fast starting today!

Hi Team! I am starting an egg fast today! I did yesterday with eggs and chicken, to get my body back on track, but today starts eggs only I will be doing eggs only, throughout the day, from now until Thursday. I have some ambitious plans for after Thursday, but let's just take it one step at a time. Eggs, water, black coffee.. It is intense, but you know it is the best way to drop weight fast!

Who's in?
EggFaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christina6281
Stats: 172/150/130 someday
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 6 2013
I am in, I was planning on starting today since I just did a FF. I do not want to regain all of it back by reintroducing veggies too soon.
christina6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
I'm in!

Egg drop soup is good!
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Won't this put your macros out of whack? I would think you'd need more fat? Or does the egg fast include things like butter, oil, etc?
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Nah I only use the fat in eggs (which is a lot). I do this about every six months and I always drop weight so quickly, without any added fats. I think it works really well. If you need to add fat, go ahead no problem. Today so far I've had 4 eggs, 2 cups of coffee, and 6 bottles of water Feeling great and motivated!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday was a huge success! 10 eggs and no cheats I even went to the movie theater and turned down all that candy and popcorn when all my friends were getting tons! Even said no when they offered just a bite during the movie Yay motivation for losing weight! Today is going to be hard today too because I'll be out of town all day. I'll be doing a day trip after two hours of class this morning, so I won't have access to a kitchen until 9pm tonight. I'm trying to figure out if I should just fast all day, or switch to zero carb (meat only). Any thoughts?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stardust
Not sure I could do just eggs but will be watching with interest! Hope it goes well.
Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hard boiled eggs already peeled would be simple to take on the road. I am thinking about doing this starting tomorrow. Hope it works like a charm!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Ok so I couldn't do just eggs today because I was gone from the house (and in France, which refuses to sell eggs) until 9pm tonight. Buttttt I did travel the whole day with three fun girls who ate croissants, hot chocolate with whip cream, savory profiteroles, and probably tons more and I didn't eat anything that wasn't induction friendly. I had 2 eggs for breakfast, babybel cheese + sliced chicken for lunch, beef and zuchinni for dinner, and 5 eggs when I got home (because I was still starving!). All in all, today was very induction friendly with only two meals off plan, still very low carb and I did not cheat once, I did not taste any of their delicious treats no matter how much they offered and I stayed strong in my will to lose weight! Today was a huge success for me and I am so proud
Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I have some eggs cooked up to take to work today for lunch and snacks. I am drinking plain green tea. Will really miss my coffee with cream but I can't stand black coffee. I may do this for just one day and then add meat to my plan but I am going to play it by ear.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Today is going pretty well except that I already ate five eggs! Ha I'm trying to eat no more than 10 eggs a day because that's 700 calories, so its not only super low carb (zero carb?) but also fasting calorie levels.

Just to clarify - I also take daily: prenatal vitamin (not pregnant don't worry, they just have higher concentrations of vitamins), CLA, vitamin b complex with vitamin c, and supplemental fiber pills. Sometimes the lack of salt can adversely affect people on these fasts so I have chicken broth when that happens and I will sometimes dash some hot sauce on my eggs.

If anyone has any other tips for weight loss I can add to this I'd be very grateful! I'm trying to lose ten pounds by Nov 30 (10 in one month), but if it can be more that'd be awesome. I don't have a scale, but I know what I look like at 120/125ish so I will know when I am there-ish. Friday I'll tell you how we're going to amp this up a little for the rest of the month! Fun times ahead
Old 10-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I had 4 hardboiled eggs yesterday but then it all fell apart when I got home. I think that I will do more of a meat and egg fast. The smell of the hard boiled eggs about drove everyone out of the break room. lol

The only tip I can add to what you are doing Eggfaster is something that worked for me a couple of months ago. It was very hard but I lost about a pound a day. It was to add no seasonings at all to my food. It was called the no reward diet. It was mainly chicken and brocolli. No salt, no butter. It sort of convinces your brain that you are actually fasting. Here is more info. Google "Episode 10 Chris Kresser - Steven Guyanet"

Any food would work including eggs but they have to be bland.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Oh really? That's an awesome tip! So just eggs, no tabasco or salt? I'll google that when I get out of class and have better wifi. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Steven Guyanet's blog called Wholehealthsource.blogspot on June 28, 2011 he talks about 5 levels. Level 5 is the one I tried. He is not really promoting a diet this strict but thinks if someone tried it for a limited time and also ate a regular meal once a week it would be safe.
"Level 5

This level reduces variety, which is another reward factor (4). This is something that you attempt at your own risk, as there may be downsides to eating the same foods every day. I think the risk is small if you choose your three foods carefully. I wouldn't recommend doing this indefinitely, but rather as a short-term strategy to lose fat, followed by a more relaxed maintenance phase.

Pick three foods, and eat nothing else. Try to pick foods that will provide a relatively balanced diet. A starch, a meat and a green vegetable is one possibility. For example: potatoes, broccoli and beef. Again, cook everything gently and add no seasonings to your food whatsoever, including salt"

I found after a week if I changed what I was eating but still kept it bland, un seasoned I still got the same result. But it is very hard to do.

Last edited by Abigale; 10-31-2013 at 04:20 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday went wonderfully! I knew I was going to be drinking a decent amount of low carb red wine (Happy Halloween!) so I ate some low carb crackers and chicken so that I wouldn't get drunk too fast -- didn't actually work, but I appreciated the high fiber crackers quite a bit!

As promised, the exciting twists to this diet... I will be doing the egg fast for five days a week, ALL OF NOVEMBER! For one month from today until November 31, during the work-week I will eat only eggs, and on the weekends I will eat only REAL food with induction level carbs-- meats and veggies -- on the weekends. There will be no high carb cheat days allowed, no processed foods!

I'll post my progress and check in here daily to be accountable. I hope you all join me for various fasts throughout this month - every Monday will be starting a new Egg Only Fast so you have plenty of chances to jump on board with me!

Get excited!!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Today went great, I was nursing a hang over so eating wasn't high on my list anyway, but I drank tons and tons of water and ate 9 eggs in total. This week went really well and very easy. I am so proud of myself and I am looking forward to real - low carb - food tomorrow while traveling through the South of France. Oh yeah did I forget to mention that I am doing this diet while living in France? Home of baguettes, croissants, cheese, and all sorts of other yummy things. But losing the last ten pounds before Nov 31 is way more important to me! No excuses! Tomorrow will be eggs for breakfast before I catch my train, and then meat and veg throughout the day when I am hungry. I will post how I do on Sunday when I return
Old 11-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Thinking about joining starting Monday. I am so out of whack right now!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

This weekend went so well I had less than 4 teeny tastes total on Saturday of treats and all the rest of the food I ate was solely meat or low carb vegetables. Today was also great, I had one .5 inch slice of baguette with a dish I ordered, but other than that just a filet of sea bass, veggies, and then I came home and ate a huge meal of 6 eggs

Welcome to the party, msgirl! I know it isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it sure does have the fastest effect I have ever seen. I feel great and I am excited to keep going. Eggs all week, low carb on the weekend. It's eggsellent!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: works4me
Very interesting!
works4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Thanks for the welcome Eggfaster!

I started Sunday and have done well the last two days. However, I did have a steak tonight. Maybe I better skip on over to the Meat & Egg fast. Still I am eating predominately eggs. Anyone else out there?
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Alright I'm going to be honest, I had a really rough last two days. Not because I was hungry or anything, but because I am dealing with a break up and I just got that "time of the month," so last night I drank a lot and ate a package of candy. It's important for me to remember that it isn't because the diet is too difficult, but because I need to control my own emotional responses better.

I am back on track today, but I will be eating meat and eggs today and tomorrow to help recover from the carb-overload yesterday. Once the sugar is out of my system I will immediately revert to eggs only!

msgirl, don't worry about the one steak. Keep going on eggs, you just lose so quickly! Have a steak here and there when you need extra food, but the egg fast should be the majority of the week. Remember even 10 eggs a day is only 700 calories, so you will have days where you just need more calories (aka a steak!) especially if you're working out. Eat the steak, and then go back to the egg fast. Let me know what you think!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

I'm not saying I'm going to do it, but holy crap I am in TOTM hell and all I want is a giant bag of candy and pizza! Why does this time do this to us? It's not fair! I am so hungry and craving all the highest carb foods possible. Any tips?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Ok I failed. I ate some candy and cereal I feel awful cramps aren't helping. I think I will eat low carb and healthy for the rest of this TOTM but be nice to myself. A break up and PMS/cramps is just asking a little too much of me. Hard egg fast (no seasoning, nothing but eggs) starting again as soon as this is over.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey guys, I am currently doing stillmans - low fat/calorie/carb - mainly lean chicken breast & eggs, I am really interested to see how you are getting on during your egg fast. How much weight have you lost so far? and how much do you generally lose on an egg fast?
I am currently losing about 1lb per day on Stillmans - I have lost 10lbs in 11 days so far (with two of those days drinking alcohol & eating chinese, junk food, sweets etc) I am hoping this continues if not I may just go straight eggs
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Hi Kitty, sorry for the late response - I fell off the wagon and gave up for a bit - but I'm back now! I don't have a scale here, so that could be part of my lacking motivation - butwhen I eat only eggs I can see a difference almost immediately. For me, eggs are an easy way to control low calorie because I can't eat more than 10 -12 eggs a day, so that's 800 - 960 calories a day MAX. If I had chicken, I will eat that more which would drive up my calorie count. Be careful with low carb and low fat because in ketosis the body needs fat. I am starting again today, 5 straight days of eggs only, and then VLCD on the weekend, followed by another 5 egg days. I'd love for you to join me on this!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Today went great, I ate 12 eggs total (2 for breakfast, 2 for lunch, 2 after class, and then 4 over the course of 2 hours between then and now). I will be going to sleep pretty soon (its 7:30pm my time) because a) I'm hungry and I want to stop thinking about it, and b) I need to wake up really early to finish an exam and work out before 8am class! So I'll post how I do tomorrow! Remember 5 days eggs ONLY
Old 11-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
I am actually just starting Stillmans again today after a week of normal calorie counting, today I've had plain chicken breast and some tuna for tea.
I have got some eggs and am going to try a plain egg day tomorrow and see how I get on, good luck for the next 5 days - please keep us posted
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Ah good luck Kitty! How is the no-carb flu treating you?

Today went well - 12 eggs (2 breakfast, 4 lunch, 6 dinner) - and I'm about to turn in early because a) I'm tired, b) I'm bored. Its rainy and cold and I want to boredom eat but I can't so eh I'll catch up on my sleep See healthy choices!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

12 eggs again today, feeling good, tons of water

I already bought two low-carb meals one for Friday (one zuchini, 2 servings leafy greens, beef steak, 1/2 avocado) and one for Saturday (one zuchinni, 2 servings leafy greens, turkey steak, 1/2 avocado) --- and all the rest of my food for the rest of the week will be eggs. I hope that the addition of some veg and extra fat on those two days will give me the necessary calories & fiber to keep losing. Based on how I feel I will decide if Sunday is low-carb or eggs only.

Again, I don't have a scale so I don't know how its going, but I haven't had time to work out -- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be 2x a day workouts (run in the a.m., insanity in the p.m. to make the most of my extra calories/energy). I hope that will get me back in the mood to work out on eggs only - but I've been very tired. Again I do not know if that is because of the low calorie or slight depression (I really want to leave where I am, I'm really lonely here) but I'm using my time well to catch up on sleep and just relax, take some time for me.

Looking forward to hearing how you all are doing!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

I changed my plans this weekend so I'm having one of my low carb higher calorie days today. I have eaten 8 eggs so far, 1/2 of one steak, 1 avocado (I can't believe I thought I could only eat half!), 2 servings leafy greens...I still have 1/2 steak and 1 zucchini for tonight and maybe another 2 eggs if I'm hungry (which I am).

I am considering low carb chocolate but I know that I have no will power or control so I need to not give into that craving no matter how good of an idea it sounds. Anyone want to weigh in?