Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: senorpepino
Stats: 263/237/200
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 2013
CAD - Changing Eating Plans

Hi, I've been on CAD before and lost about 40-50 lbs a few years ago. At that time, I did it with a lot of exercise as I was training for a 10K, so was in really good shape. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins a few years before that. I've gained back the weight each time, so there has been the yo-yo dieting complex going on.

I've been back on CAD for the past few months, and am down 21 lbs. However, I've hit a stall and am wondering what may be causing it. I may have an idea as to why and would appreciate any feedback. I am eating right and follow the plan obssesively.

However, I follow plan D during the work week Monday-Friday - low carb breakfast - half low carb veggies and half protein. No lunch. A balanced CAD dinner.

On the weekends, I still follow the plan, but not plan D. So I'm eating the breakfast and lunch complementary meals the correct way, and the balanced CAD meal for dinner.

The first couple of months, I lost the 21 lbs and am maintaining that loss. However, I'm at a stall and I know I'm doing everything right. But I'm switching plans on the weekends. Could that be the cause of the stall?

If that may be, I'm going to have a hard time talking my girlfriend into thinking that skipping lunch every Sat-Sun is a good idea for my health.

Last edited by senorpepino; 10-15-2013 at 11:13 AM..
senorpepino is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
2013 Carbohydrate Addicts and Carbohydrate Lifespan Program hangout CAD/CALP

You might try posting here.

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-15-2013 at 02:18 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by senorpepino View Post
Hi, I've been on CAD before and lost about 40-50 lbs a few years ago. At that time, I did it with a lot of exercise as I was training for a 10K, so was in really good shape. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins a few years before that. I've gained back the weight each time, so there has been the yo-yo dieting complex going on.

I've been back on CAD for the past few months, and am down 21 lbs. However, I've hit a stall and am wondering what may be causing it. I may have an idea as to why and would appreciate any feedback. I am eating right and follow the plan obssesively.

However, I follow plan D during the work week Monday-Friday - low carb breakfast - half low carb veggies and half protein. No lunch. A balanced CAD dinner.

On the weekends, I still follow the plan, but not plan D. So I'm eating the breakfast and lunch complementary meals the correct way, and the balanced CAD meal for dinner.

The first couple of months, I lost the 21 lbs and am maintaining that loss. However, I'm at a stall and I know I'm doing everything right. But I'm switching plans on the weekends. Could that be the cause of the stall?

If that may be, I'm going to have a hard time talking my girlfriend into thinking that skipping lunch every Sat-Sun is a good idea for my health.
I can't quite remember the plans from CAD as most people I have seen post just wing it and do the CM's and RM or follow CALP and are darn sure NO msg, sugar free stuff, etc are in the CM's.

Come over to the 2013 hangout which is more active and will get more views/responses and also can you post some meals and amounts?

I know I was in a several month plateau a while ago but I am still slowly slowly losing regardless of calories and grams of carbs. I eat no lying 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-300 grams of carbs. Most days I fast 23 hours and just do one large RM like how Rachael Heller did to lose 150 pounds but maybe once or twice a week if I get hungry I will have a CM if needed. I am only losing at a rate of about 1/4 a week and after almost literally one year (start date Nov 1st 2012) I have taken off 23 pounds eating this way. Yes very slow but still works.

If you are doing everything right and you probably are if you did not change the way you are eating which worked before and you lost 21 pounds I think you are just in a plateau. Have you done measurements? You can still be losing inches and not changing on the scale because since this is high protein you will convert some of the fat to muscle and this weight loss style is not muscle waisting so you should be shedding mainly stored fat, plus no longer storing what you eat to fat! I think it sounds like you are doing great so do not give up! If I can put up with plateaus and super slow weight loss so can you!!! LOL

MIW
Old 10-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: senorpepino
Stats: 263/237/200
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 2013
Good advice! I reposted in the thread mentioned above. I might try the 23 hour fast 2-3 times during the week and see what happens.
senorpepino is offline   Reply With Quote