Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: springalong
Stats: 205/180/130
WOE: LFL
Lean For Life

Thank you mods for not completely getting rid of this plan!!!

I know it hasn't had much action lately but I'm happy it is around for all of us who are floundering or flourishing on this plan. Its a keeper

Right now Im floundering ....
springalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JQuintero
Stats: 268/206/?
Start Date: Every morning
I finally looked and saw that our main board was gone. We have now been lumped with the "other plans".

Oh ...I'm floundering. ... losing and gaining the same 7 lbs. *sigh*
JQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuintero View Post
I finally looked and saw that our main board was gone. We have now been lumped with the "other plans".

Oh ...I'm floundering. ... losing and gaining the same 7 lbs. *sigh*
JQ we CAN DO IT!!!

For me I will start next week on Tues the day after our Canadian Thanksgiving. Plus tom is my bday!!!

A friend of mine will do it with me starting Tues. She hasnt done the plan before but is quite excited. My friend said, "Its a confirmation cause she just heard about it thru the news that Chistina Aguleria has lost her 40lbs using it. Which is

Maybe more LFL's will come out of the woodwork
Old 10-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Week 3

Hi all,
I am on week 3 of a 10 week plan. My DH bought me a groupon for our local clinic. I try not to eat too many of their products and eat real food. I also add more fat than they recommend.

I am down 7 pounds. My first mini goal is another 10 by Thanksgiving. Then I am going to switch for an HCG round for 3 weeks and then maybe back to Lindora maintenance in January.

I have been in ketosis very consistent with 50 carbs which really helps my mind set.

I am on the plateau menu as I got stuck for 3 days. So today is my 3rd plateau and tomorrow is my protein day.

Walking, logging my food on line and in the book. I am happy with the loss.

HCG is faster but I could not wrap my brain around it for now. I need more variety and I like the clinic accountability.

How is everyone doing?

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Hi all,
I am on week 3 of a 10 week plan. My DH bought me a groupon for our local clinic. I try not to eat too many of their products and eat real food. I also add more fat than they recommend.

I am down 7 pounds. My first mini goal is another 10 by Thanksgiving. Then I am going to switch for an HCG round for 3 weeks and then maybe back to Lindora maintenance in January.

I have been in ketosis very consistent with 50 carbs which really helps my mind set.

I am on the plateau menu as I got stuck for 3 days. So today is my 3rd plateau and tomorrow is my protein day.

Walking, logging my food on line and in the book. I am happy with the loss.

HCG is faster but I could not wrap my brain around it for now. I need more variety and I like the clinic accountability.

How is everyone doing?

Thats great you are losing

As for me Ive gained Im quite sure!

I was going to restart WL Menu day 1 Tues after our Thanksgiving weekend, but instead I will start my protein day 1 tom. Just get going again!

So tom I will post hmmm does anyone want to do a new thread or should we just continue with this one?

Dana
Old 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #6

Dana,
I vote to just keep posting here. It so quiet anyway.

Come on girl! You can do it! Whats your menu for a pro day?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dana,
I vote to just keep posting here. It so quiet anyway.

Come on girl! You can do it! Whats your menu for a pro day?
Ok here it is!!!!

Ive started with an egg for breakfast and for lunch some cottage cheese. In between I will snack on pieces of protein bars. I dont need to eat the whole thing, so I will cut it up into a baggie and take bits out.

I stepped on the and it appears Ive ballooned to 195lbs!!! So onwards downwards I go.

Dana
Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Stevie, are you on a protein day today? You sound like you know what you're doing. Losing the 7lbs and going to plateau days and perhaps later onto HCG.

As long as we keep going down, and maintain health.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #9

I did a protein day Sunday

Today is a regular weight loss menu. The one thing I try to do is avoid over eating the packaged foods.

I get kicked out of ketosis otherwise.

I hope you do a stellar day today on all you need to do...walk, drink water, eat well, log your food if possible so you really can keep track.

9 more pounds to go to my mini goal...onward we trudge!!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I did a protein day Sunday

Today is a regular weight loss menu. The one thing I try to do is avoid over eating the packaged foods.

I get kicked out of ketosis otherwise.

I hope you do a stellar day today on all you need to do...walk, drink water, eat well, log your food if possible so you really can keep track.

9 more pounds to go to my mini goal...onward we trudge!!
Awesome! Thats a good reminder not to eat the packaged foods. Yesterday I had 2 protein bars. I was quite hungry in the afternoon. So I had one on the way to my friends. She gave me a bit of turkey to eat while she had her dinner! lol It settled me. Mind you Im so used to being munchy I had another protein bar when I got home.

Im doing this with another friend though. We are texting each other our progress.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by springalong View Post
Awesome! Thats a good reminder not to eat the packaged foods. Yesterday I had 2 protein bars. I was quite hungry in the afternoon. So I had one on the way to my friends. She gave me a bit of turkey to eat while she had her dinner! lol It settled me. Mind you Im so used to being munchy I had another protein bar when I got home.

Im doing this with another friend though. We are texting each other our progress.
It helps to get that support.

So my clinic said to not go over the 2 bars a a day.

And not sure if you know this or whatever, but lets say you go off plan. If you go off plan, the very next day do a protein day. For every day you go off, do pro days. I thought that was a good idea.

I also test for ketones each day. I know many do not anymore but I do

My favorite bar is the chocolate mint. I also buy soy nuts over at Big Lots for cheap and only eat my share. Not sure if I said that before. Not crazy about soy but I don't have any thyroid or health issues to worry about.

I also like the chocolate soy balls. They last all day to nibble on. hard to get at my clinic however.

Well keep it up and just think where you will be in 6 weeks or less!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Stevie Renee;16644495]It helps to get that support.

So my clinic said to not go over the 2 bars a a day.

And not sure if you know this or whatever, but lets say you go off plan. If you go off plan, the very next day do a protein day. For every day you go off, do pro days. I thought that was a good idea.

I also test for ketones each day. I know many do not anymore but I do

My favorite bar is the chocolate mint. I also buy soy nuts over at Big Lots for cheap and only eat my share. Not sure if I said that before. Not crazy about soy but I don't have any thyroid or health issues to worry about.

I also like the chocolate soy balls. They last all day to nibble on. hard to get at my clinic however.

Well keep it up and just think where you will be in 6 weeks or less!!![
/QUOTE]

Yes thanks for the reminder! We are all going to be somewhere in 6wks sooo lets just for the gusto!

The bars you eat are they lLFL bars? I picked up some bars at costco and so im using those. We dont have the clinics or bars here in Canada so just have to adjust to other ideas.

The soy chocolate bars sound interesting but I try and stay away from soy. Good suggestion though!

[B]Hebrews 13:5
for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not,[I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down relax My hold on you)! Assuredly not!]

RESTART: Oct 14
195lbs
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
is still thread still alive?LOL!
I like to get back into it.. its been a few years since I was on it... I am starting today.. with my 3 protein days.
I decided that AFTER I had breakfast.. LOL I had HG growing oatmeal bowl...so it was not to bad... but that was the last of the reg meals for the next few days.... Hello PROTEIN!! here I come.
bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
is still thread still alive?LOL!
I like to get back into it.. its been a few years since I was on it... I am starting today.. with my 3 protein days.
I decided that AFTER I had breakfast.. LOL I had HG growing oatmeal bowl...so it was not to bad... but that was the last of the reg meals for the next few days.... Hello PROTEIN!! here I come.
Jump in!!!

Im on protein day 3 and so we are all somewhere on the plan!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Jump in!!!

Im on protein day 3 and so we are all somewhere on the plan!
well.. I decided I have to wait until Sat... got to much produce in the fridge that I need to use up first.. or they would spoil by the end of my 3rd protein day.

I am a member of WW too, but I have not been able to really stick with the plan and the pts.. to much "freedom" for me right now.. and to many temptation.. being able to EAT EVERYTHING, is not going to work for me right now.
so here I am ... preparing.. and getting myself ready.
I am starting with the low carb eating NOW.. just going to wait until this weekend to start with the protein.

soooo got to dig out my vitamin and supplements... LOL

so how many others here are "repeat" L4L'ers!

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

Old 10-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #16

Hi
I am on a new cycle of it. I did it years and years ago. Just finishing week 4. I don't have a large amount to lose so its slow. But! I am going to probably freeze my clinic account till December if they will let me. Some things came up I cannot avoid and I don;t want to waste the program. So we shall see what happens.

You sure have done great Monika! I lost 100 too but gained back 20. I hope to lose the rest soon. You will lose the rest too!!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi
I am on a new cycle of it. I did it years and years ago. Just finishing week 4. I don't have a large amount to lose so its slow. But! I am going to probably freeze my clinic account till December if they will let me. Some things came up I cannot avoid and I don;t want to waste the program. So we shall see what happens.

You sure have done great Monika! I lost 100 too but gained back 20. I hope to lose the rest soon. You will lose the rest too!!

thanks.... I am trying to get everything set up. and ready!
I got only 15-20lbs to lose and I have been trying (wasting) 2 YEARS. it is time to get it DONE!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

I am "slowly" getting started.... and with the program.
Planning.. and getting my ducks in a row.
dug out my atkins bars. I am sure I will use them again...
made a bowl of SF jell-o last night...
found my carbquick... and a few other low carb things... made my list.. Got DH on board... and decided we will start our Protein Days on Fri..
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

TGIF you all!
First of our 3 protein day.. and we started off with one of my DH favorite.. Mock Danish!
He could eat that every day...
and I was doing a little bit of L4L the last two days and yes.. the scale was down 1lb already this morning.. Yippee.. excited...
I have turkey breast in the fridge and HB eggs... and SF Jell-O
I have no idea what I am going to make for dinner? beef of something? or pork?
but I am ready... it will be fun.. and I just have to keep focused and my head in the right place..
Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #20

Mock Danish! That brings me back to the old days around here. lol

Well I froze my account at the clinic. I will resume it after our company leaves. I am going to go ahead and change course and cycle some HCG as I can manage to keep the weight off I lost, still have company and manage some interruptions.

I am going to hang here a bit however and chat with you all!

Oh! I ordered some items off the net - cannot say - but they were supposed to be Lindora replacements. Protein, carbs, all of it was just right. Well BLECH. So gross. Sending it all back! lol
Live and learn.

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 10-18-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Protein, carbs, all of it was just right. Well BLECH. So gross. Sending it all back! lol
Live and learn.
oh yes. so did I and was not impressed with any of their products.
I still have one of their hot chocolates here and a chicken noodle soup..and the soup is just nasty.

enjoy your company..
Old 10-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi

Thats good you were able to freeze your clinic account. Wish we had one here! 100lbsWoah thats quite the feat!

Quote:
thanks.... I am trying to get everything set up. and ready!
I got only 15-20lbs to lose and I have been trying (wasting) 2 YEARS. it is time to get it DONE!
Yup time to get er done!

Quote:
TGIF you all!
First of our 3 protein day.. and we started off with one of my DH favorite.. Mock Danish!
He could eat that every day...
and I was doing a little bit of L4L the last two days and yes.. the scale was down 1lb already this morning.. Yippee.. excited...
I have turkey breast in the fridge and HB eggs... and SF Jell-O
I have no idea what I am going to make for dinner? beef of something? or pork?
but I am ready... it will be fun.. and I just have to keep focused and my head in the right place..
Ok, so what is a mock Danish?

SF Jell-O is that the "protein snack" Or a fruit? I have an old book, and I don't remember any jello or Mock Danish. Not that I really want to give way to too much cause its easy for me to overdo it with food.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thats good you were able to freeze your clinic account. Wish we had one here! 100lbsWoah thats quite the feat!

Yup time to get er done!

Ok, so what is a mock Danish?

SF Jell-O is that the "protein snack" Or a fruit? I have an old book, and I don't remember any jello or Mock Danish. Not that I really want to give way to too much cause its easy for me to overdo it with food.
Mock Danish is a protein... 1 egg and the cream cheese..I try to use egg beater and low fat crm cheese.
and Jell-O, well its a sweet tooth filler...No carbs no fat..no calories..a nothing.. LOL

I am done for today .. made it through the day... and did ok... got my water in.. and my exersice.. so its been a good first day.

looking forward to day 2 tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mock Danish is a protein... 1 egg and the cream cheese..I try to use egg beater and low fat crm cheese.
and Jell-O, well its a sweet tooth filler...No carbs no fat..no calories..a nothing.. LOL

I am done for today .. made it through the day... and did ok... got my water in.. and my exersice.. so its been a good first day.

looking forward to day 2 tomorrow.
How was your day 2 and day 3 and....?

How about anyone else? Jump in!!!!!

Im on a protein day tom. Cooking some eggs for work and some cottage cheese ready. Will post my weight tom.

Going to try and get out early for the pool in the am. So goodnight all.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

BTW thanks for the Mock Danish idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Monday... I hope... We had a sad night.. lost one of our old great danes last night.. just before midnight.. so we are a bit sad and down... and we miss her a lot this morning...

Portein days went well.. I was very HUNGRY.... but I made it!~ and I have another lb loss on the scale this morning.
Our protein day will be Mondays.. just easier for me to remember that way.
this morning we had the first day of our weight loss days... and I had one whole wheat arrow wheat sandwich thin.. and one egg... plus ONE sausage patty.. xtra protein. I just needed it ...
for snack.. 4oz ff greek yogurt.
lunch? 2c lettuce.with tomato and ..salmon patty? grapefruit?

dinner? I am thinking burgers... without the bun? tomato..green chili for topper, onion etc...
but we are ready to get this show on the road...
putting my shoes on.. and getting ready to walk...
Old 10-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Monday... I hope... We had a sad night.. lost one of our old great danes last night.. just before midnight.. so we are a bit sad and down... and we miss her a lot this morning...

Portein days went well.. I was very HUNGRY.... but I made it!~ and I have another lb loss on the scale this morning.
Our protein day will be Mondays.. just easier for me to remember that way.
this morning we had the first day of our weight loss days... and I had one whole wheat arrow wheat sandwich thin.. and one egg... plus ONE sausage patty.. xtra protein. I just needed it ...
for snack.. 4oz ff greek yogurt.
lunch? 2c lettuce.with tomato and ..salmon patty? grapefruit?

dinner? I am thinking burgers... without the bun? tomato..green chili for topper, onion etc...
but we are ready to get this show on the road...
putting my shoes on.. and getting ready to walk...
Ah Im sorry you lost your great Dane Its hard losing a pet.

Congrats on losing another lb!! Your menu sound delicious. My protein day is today (Monday too) I weighed in at 191 this morning. Hope Im down more tom!!!

Went for a swim before work this am, so I was proud of myself for getting out of bed and going when I wanted to just lie there.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Still at 191. I feel lighter and hungry sooo not sure why its not going down. Was it the extra cottage cheese in the eve, cause I was hungry and snacky?

Oh well Im NOT GIVING UP!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #29

Monika,
Oh so sad to read about losing a great Dane. I had 2 growing up. We had to put both down. They are so, so special. Never easy losing a fur baby. I have very fond memories of ours. I painted toenails, dressed them in dresses, walked them like that too! They were such good family pets.

Work the plan ladies! I am still holding my loss and will pick it up again in Dec.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Still at 191. I feel lighter and hungry sooo not sure why its not going down. Was it the extra cottage cheese in the eve, cause I was hungry and snacky?

Oh well Im NOT GIVING UP!!!
Could be so many little things. I know if I drink a lot of water pass 6:00, I show a gain. If I am hormonal, I gain or stall. If I eat late, I show it on the scale. Not because its fat gain but the body has yet to digest. Just keep on