Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: springalong
Stats: 205/180/130
WOE: LFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
well how are you all doing?
is this thread still alive...
I am struggling keeping the carbs at bay and in check... To many fruits and veggies.. and I will try to get more protein in.
took some chicken breast out..and defrosting it..so I have more healthy protein tomorrow... but..its been hard.
I also started to go and work out again..Pilates class last night and a good long walk this morning... Sooo trying to get going again.. and getting back to a good weight loss.
ya lets keep it alive!!! Thanks for posting, even if we don't contribute much lets keep it going!!

Im struggling too Bonehenge. You sound a lot more motivated than me.
springalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by springalong View Post
ya lets keep it alive!!! Thanks for posting, even if we don't contribute much lets keep it going!!

Im struggling too Bonehenge. You sound a lot more motivated than me.
I am all for it, Springalong. Lets do it.

my biggest issue is tracking.. and measure and weigh... I had problems with the WW points.. and counting carbs is no different.
This morning I had 1 egg and 2 bacon.., of course there is NO BACON on the L4L program .... and I had a banana.. almost ate the whole..then decided no,.it says 1/2! so I had that.

for my snack.. plain. homemade yogurt.
and SF Jell-o with heavy whipped cream.
and for my lunch I am having a salmon salad...

salmon, cucumber, tomato... onions, capers...on 2c of salad and then I will have the other 1/2 banana.

for my dinner I have cabbage and chicken breast. and an apple?

I am cooking some eggs for my afternoon protein snack..

yoga class tonight for my workout.. and that should be it for today.

its a struggle and I just want to EAT MORE, of everything... sigh..

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am all for it, Springalong. Lets do it.

my biggest issue is tracking.. and measure and weigh... I had problems with the WW points.. and counting carbs is no different.
This morning I had 1 egg and 2 bacon.., of course there is NO BACON on the L4L program .... and I had a banana.. almost ate the whole..then decided no,.it says 1/2! so I had that.

for my snack.. plain. homemade yogurt.
and SF Jell-o with heavy whipped cream.
and for my lunch I am having a salmon salad...

salmon, cucumber, tomato... onions, capers...on 2c of salad and then I will have the other 1/2 banana.

for my dinner I have cabbage and chicken breast. and an apple?

I am cooking some eggs for my afternoon protein snack..

yoga class tonight for my workout.. and that should be it for today.

its a struggle and I just want to EAT MORE, of everything... sigh..
You are amazing Monika!!! You know what I just now looked at your pics and You have worked hard for the $!!

Me, well Im up & down up & down. Craziness.

So far today Ive had 2 small gf pieces of toast, 2 eggs with a touch of cheese, and coffee with coconut oil in it.

Lunch will be salad with some cooked hamburger - I will reheat from the freezer. Snacks, I have cheese sticks & cottage cheese sitting waiting for me in the fridge.

I lost 6lbs within the last month and regained it, so obviously I need major intervention!!!!!

[B]Hebrews 13:5
for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not,[I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down relax My hold on you)! Assuredly not!]

RESTART: Oct 14
195lbs
Old 11-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Monika & any others : What pray tell motivated you to lose weight and keep it off?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Monika & any others : What pray tell motivated you to lose weight and keep it off?
I started this journey in 2000. I was around 230ish. Today I am around 165-175 - depends. My motivation was an absolute uncomfortable-in-my-own skin. I just had to do something. It took me 3 years to lose almost 100 pounds. I started off walking and low carbing ( made so many mistakes but eventually learned how to do it right).

These past few years I am battling the same lose/gain 15ish...never giving up!

I just turned 50 yesterday and I feel pretty good in my skin even if I didn't make my scale weight goal.

Right now with company, I am eating Wheat Belly style. Love it! Not weighing, not logging.

My daughter is here with grandbaby as I mentioned before. They all leave Saturday. One more week of fun!!

Here are some pix of yesterday!!

I only had about 2 or 3 tablespoons of ice cream: no wheat!

My niece and grand baby sitting with me:

Baby girl

I must stop! hahaha

Big hugs to my Lean for Life friends!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Stevie!!!!!

Ok, Stevie, YOU ARE STUNNING you look so happy I the pics of you and the little darling adorable!

I am sooo impressed you lost that mound of 100 lb off your body, and have continued to keep it off! So inspiring.

Enjoy the time with your daughter and grandbaby. BTW you and I are a year apart - I turned the big 5-0 last year.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

happy almost thanksgiving day to you all. Our thanksgiving is tomorrow, because my DH has to go onto nightshift on thurs.. so that means, he goes to bed at around 11am! for the very first time, in my entire married life, I am not cooking on thanksgiving.. and I can enjoy watching tv and the parades...
but the family is coming over tomorrow.. and so... I have been preparing... for the last few days..
and in between dealing with WHIRLPOOL service and repair dept. I have a brandnew micro wave... about a month old..and its not working right.. so they are determined to fix it.. and since it is under warranty.. they will just try to fix it... I think it would have be easier for all of us to just replace the unit, but.. now.. they are determined to fix it and of course its most frustrating to me.
I was up .6lbs this week, but with all that is going on.. I take it.

My motivation is just to stick with the good habits.. and stay active and make better choices. I am not perfect but I never let myself gain more then 5lbs and I am always going for the lower carbs and less sugars... so.. Happy Thanksgiving to you all...
Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #68

Hello cyber friends,
how did Thanksgiving go for you? We had so much fun! And I ate low carb except my sisters to die for peanut butter fudge. I had about 3 small bites. It is so good! Like store bought!

My DD and her family lerave tomorrow after we throw a party for her daughter who turns 1 tomorrow. Want pix? I am not sure if pix are a threads interest.

I have been wheat free since 11-15th. And mostly sugar free. I feel good but yet I am not thinner. lol

Any one up for a week challenge of walking? You set the goals each day but do it.

??
Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Holidays to you all...
I blew the low carb style wed, and thurs.
and I was up 3lbs this morning.. ugh.
going back to more responsible eating.. and low carb tracking... I just put in my meals for the day and I am already over 80 carbs for the day.. sigh... Breakfast is the main issue right now.. I still have 1/2 of the WW apple crumb pie.. its low in WW points, but one slice is 60? carbs.. but I don't want to throw it out.. Hoping that my DD will come over for a visit.. and maybe she will take it..
the rest of the day I am doing ok.. I am having my 2c of green lettuce, but I think adding to many OTHER veggies .. like tomato and cucumber and onion..is adding up the carbs.
and since I am already at over 80? for the day.... I guess I will have very little carbs left... might make me some berries with dinner... ? and dinner.. yikes... lean steak? I have some cauliflower rice... I thought I might try some of these cheese stix? made out of cauliflower crust?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #70

I love the cauliflower cheese sticks Monika!! I make Cleo's pizza. We scarf it here.

A quick drive by to say hi and will be back later. I am doing several protein days and walking to get 10K steps. I need to relose a few! lol

Hi all!!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

well.. today was my "well women" check up.. and my dog was all excited and happy to see that I am still at the SAME WEIGHT I have been now for the last 3years.. argh... I have been trying to loose these last 10-20lbs for EVER! its like a never ending battle here... with the carbs and the sugar. I got to try harder and be more disciplined. and count carbs.. I just have to do it... I feel like I am doing better.. but when "life" happens .. I get distracted and lose focus.. and well. sigh.. gain weight.
I also just have to commit to get my workouts in.. today was another day I did not go and exersice... and of course the holiday season is not helpful.. sigh... I have to start baking.. and making things...
soooo it will be a struggle.. but I am going to work on it..

another doc apt for us tomorrow.. getting our labwork ordered and well.. just a check up.. and make sure everything else is working well here..

Hope everyone else on this board is doing well.. or better then I have...
I be back checking in more regular.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bluebird
Hello,

Looking to get started on LFL on Monday. Not sure if anyone else might be interested?

Thanks!
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
Hello,

Looking to get started on LFL on Monday. Not sure if anyone else might be interested?

Thanks!

there still are few of us here... Its definiatly a challenge.. but I am ready to tackle every day.
tomorrow.. its breakfast buffet at a local mex place..Meeting with my son and his family... I am sure I can find something that I can eat and not fall of the wagon.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

well its slow going here... LOL.. holiday season.. and baking cookies etc.. is not helping... I am hoping to keep my hands out of the cookie jar.. and put as much as I can away.. out of sight.. out of mind...LOL
I am using the atkins website.. and the counter and tracker. .its not perfect.. but its helpful... L4L just does not have any FREE tools out there...
I am basically doing the atkins phase 1, but I do eat one or two servings of citrus. 1/2 grapefruit for lunch... and a tangerine for breakfast. Need to get that vitamin C in during these winter month.
still lacking with the exersice program.. sigh.. always something else.. and one excuse after another... Hope you all are doing well on the program.. and hanging in there...
Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Hello cyber friends,
how did Thanksgiving go for you? We had so much fun! And I ate low carb except my sisters to die for peanut butter fudge. I had about 3 small bites. It is so good! Like store bought!

My DD and her family lerave tomorrow after we throw a party for her daughter who turns 1 tomorrow. Want pix? I am not sure if pix are a threads interest.

I have been wheat free since 11-15th. And mostly sugar free. I feel good but yet I am not thinner. lol

Any one up for a week challenge of walking? You set the goals each day but do it.

??
Stevie & all the other L4Lers!!!

Pix are always great however, I don't really post a whole lot Thats great you are wheat free. I try to go wheat free but go back and forth. Ive heard and read so much on the affects of wheat....

A week of walking. Hmm walking not really I walk so much at my job, and my feet often hurt wah wah. Ive been getting to the pool 3-4 times a week though. The pool really helps me move better
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Bluebird!!! Jump in and post!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
well its slow going here... LOL.. holiday season.. and baking cookies etc.. is not helping... I am hoping to keep my hands out of the cookie jar.. and put as much as I can away.. out of sight.. out of mind...LOL
I am using the atkins website.. and the counter and tracker. .its not perfect.. but its helpful... L4L just does not have any FREE tools out there...
I am basically doing the atkins phase 1, but I do eat one or two servings of citrus. 1/2 grapefruit for lunch... and a tangerine for breakfast. Need to get that vitamin C in during these winter month.
still lacking with the exersice program.. sigh.. always something else.. and one excuse after another... Hope you all are doing well on the program.. and hanging in there...
Monika, you are doing great!!! Look how far you've come. Interesting about the atkins site and tracking. You can do that free?

Im looking forward to the new L4L book coming out in Jan.

Im just maintaing my weight here. I guess its better than really going up.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bluebird
Hi everyone,

I am waiting until 12/26 to get started. Seems like a cop-out but I think it is the best idea. Will check back then...

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy wonderful Holidays and Merry Christmas to you all.
Well we are trying to hold the line here... doing as much LC as we can, with the holidays and christmas parties.. its a challenge.. and also.. me baking cookies and breads is NOT helpful.
and now my hubby came down with a nasty cold.. so.. its just miserable here.
So we are doing the best we can.
I hope to see you all back on the band wagon and the program in the new year..
Old 12-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
Hi everyone,

I am waiting until 12/26 to get started. Seems like a cop-out but I think it is the best idea. Will check back then...

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!
I feel the same way bluebird As long as I maintain right now its good.

Quote:
Happy wonderful Holidays and Merry Christmas to you all.
Well we are trying to hold the line here... doing as much LC as we can, with the holidays and christmas parties.. its a challenge.. and also.. me baking cookies and breads is NOT helpful.
and now my hubby came down with a nasty cold.. so.. its just miserable here.
So we are doing the best we can.
I hope to see you all back on the band wagon and the program in the new year..
Its a tricky time of year of year for many people, just enjoy the season, each other, and take care of your hubby
Old 12-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I feel the same way bluebird As long as I maintain right now its good.

Its a tricky time of year of year for many people, just enjoy the season, each other, and take care of your hubby
challenges for me here too.. just trying to maintain during this season and hang on until the holidays are over.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

well I am back to Atkins Induction. I just need to get a good jump start to get this weight loss going again.. I will be checking in and see how the rest of you all are doing on L4L
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shmootz
Stats: 197.5/167/130
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: February 2009
Hi guys! Happy new year. I'm back. A full year of dieting and I'm no thinner. So, I'm at day 1 of 3 protein days!
shmootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmootz View Post
Hi guys! Happy new year. I'm back. A full year of dieting and I'm no thinner. So, I'm at day 1 of 3 protein days!
good luck with the protein days... it always jumps starts me.
Happy New year to you and the rest of the group!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JQuintero
Stats: 268/206/?
Start Date: Every morning
It has been awhile....but checking in. Started a new program around the 2nd week of December. Went into clinic for 2 weeks and then fell to the wayside until now. I even wrote in my daily action plan "Protein Day 1 - RESTART".

I purchased my fitbit a year ago and it is nice to see that I am 30lbs lighter then I was a year ago.

I'm participating in a 90 day fitbit challenge. The goal is to get 10,000 steps a day for 7 days. If you accomplish that you get a ticket into a raffle for prizes. It started the 22nd of December, so I've been moving. I think I'd have lost weight if I hadn't done the "10 minutes treadmill/eat a tamale/10 minutes treadmill/eat ice cream" work out.

I head into the Lindora Clinic today to see the damage....

BTW there is a groupon for Lindora Clinics currently available for the next two days if anyone out there is thinking of signing up.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuintero View Post
It has been awhile....but checking in. Started a new program around the 2nd week of December. Went into clinic for 2 weeks and then fell to the wayside until now. I even wrote in my daily action plan "Protein Day 1 - RESTART".

well you are back and working on it. I also have a fitbit and I like it.. but I forget to wear it..sigh..
I am toying with the idea of buying the new one.. the FORCE...but..eh.. neh..going tohold off for a while...maybe mothersday..LOL

good luck with your weigh in and meeting... keep us posted..
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

I have the Fitbit Zip. I use to have a BodyBugg but I felt like it was leaving an indent and it just wasn't cute even if I had different housing on it.

I really only wear my Fitbit to track my steps. I quickly figured out that with a normal work day and Zumba I can easily hit 10,000 steps. So I stopped wearing it. But we have this vitality program at work. If you hook your FitBit up to it you earn points. Those points can be turned in for rewards. I just cashed out a $25 amazon card. You can also synch your Fitbit with your Walgreen Step/Balance Rewards. You can roughly earn 2500 reward points a month. It isn't much but I just started 12/6 and have already earned $3. I figured I'll just let the rewards build.

I've also found another two sites that Fitbit will synch to. One has sponsored challenges for prizes. There is also rewards but they aren't for me, so I will donate my points towards a charity. On the other site I designated my points to go to a Make A Wish donation.
JQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

I was up 6lbs....but already showing bright color on the keto stick. Hubby was up a pound FIGURES!
JQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote